June 2017 30 Day Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
June 2017 30 Day Challenge

This topic contains 1,893 replies, has 168 voices, and was last updated by  Onahealthyhigh 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,751 through 1,800 (of 1,895 total)

• Day 28: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD

Day 28 UK NFD

Well yesterday came in at under 600 calories so did an official b2b! Have been ravenous all day though. Still suffering with toothache so don’t really feel like eating, which is great for the dieting but not good for the mood. Apparently I’ve cracked my wisdom tooth so need a filling which can’t be done till next week. I’m going to be a right grumpy so and so for days, my poor husband 😑.

Day 28, Germany, NFD

Day 28 – FIN – NFD
    Day 27 – NFD

My intake during Monday’s fast was according to MFP 517 kcal. Yesterday and today have once again been a tad bit too indulgent (three ice creams both days), but my ankle has also been acting up a bit, so I suppose the two of those are connected. I really need to find a way to cope with this kind of eating.

Last fast of the month coming up tomorrow. I will do my monthly weigh in on Friday.

@songbirdme I assume the 2400 kcal you mentioned are calorie needs for men, as the usual recommendation for women is 2000 kcal. That number varies based on one’s gender, height, weight, age and activity level (and many other smaller, complicated details). With age, the calorie needs lessen as one’s metabolism slows down. You can read more precise averages based on one’s age from for example The US Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion’s estimated daily calorie needs table. I presume that what can be read from the table I linked above is more in line with your individual calculations.

Day 28- Montreal – NFD

πŸŽ‰75.4 kilosπŸŽ‰, 5.4 to go!!! So thrilled after plateauing for a couple of months. The next 2 weeks I’ll be doing 3 FD’s as then we leave for Europe for nearly 4 weeks, and I have no idea how that’s going to pan out. We are staying with friends and family so fasting will really go noticed…, not that I’m embarrassed I just don’t want to upset our hosts… anyway holidays are meant to be enjoyed, and when I get back I know the best way to lose any excess!

So thrilled I found this WOL, people are starting to come up to me and ask what my secret is 😁

Day 28 Oregon USA NFD

Day 28, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Hello all, day 28 UK Co Down FD

First of all thank you to @songbirdme, @Chiltowngal and @backtothefuture for making our holiday much more enjoyable. It was a pleasure to meet you all and thank you from OH and I for taking the time out to meet up. Lovely to hear Songbirdme that you have also met up with @redrockgirl302.

We had a fantastic holiday, sensible eating, a few drinks/cocktails thrown in and plenty of walking so was pleased with a 3 lb gain as I thought that was more to do with not drinking lots on the journey home and tiredness which would disappear as soon as I got back into a routine. So I thought no problem just jump in where I am and get on with it – didn’t take into account how messed up I would feel with my body clock out of kilter and feeling down as I was back to porridge (not literally) but back to the grindstone. I reckon I ate more junk the week I was home than in the 2 weeks away. I also gained another 2 lbs in a few days!!!!! With catching up at home, work and sleep it really threw me off course but here I am feeling much more in control again after having taken my own advice and just jumped back in, I have skimmed the last half dozen pages and have to put any perfectionist ideas firmly away, that I must catch up, it is what it and I am where I am. I have now lost the extra 2 lbs and hope to see me about where I started June – still not much progress but better than going backwards.

@hannahwatto – I am so sorry to read about the death of your brother. I know you had many sleepless nights of worry over him. His passing must have left a very big hole in your life but you were a very caring sister, never having given up on him hoping he could turn things around. I hope you have found some comfort knowing he is at peace at last.

@pashaw – thinking of you also after reading about your husband. You are one amazing person and I hope in caring for everyone you also remember to have a little ‘me’ time.

@jarbia – just keep on keeping on and your mojo will return. There is always a set point that you get to and say enough is enough. Stay with us and we can help you along.

@ciren2 – glad you are still here, determination will get you to where you want to be. Have you looked at your food choices, could they be the triggers? This quote is for you and any others who may be finding things a little tight, lol and I don’t mean waistbands. ‘There is little difference in people but that little difference makes a big difference. The little difference is attitude, The big difference is whether it is positive or negative’ W Clement Stone.

@xrox – sometimes you gotta go with the flow and btw you signed up to a July challenge that started 2015 lol. @paxest keep watching and the link to the July challenge 2017 will be put on here any day.
    @at – such wonderful support – it was certainly a God breeze the day you joined our challenges and I am so glad you and others who are now in the land of maintenance stayed on to offer words of wisdom who are still on a journey to the land of our hopes and dreams.

@Lillymartin, @bert1802, @fatrabbit, Debster251 and a host of others – it is lovely to be back and see you all still posting, supporting and travelling along together.

I promise I will put a link for the July challenge soon – thinking of offering a (virtual) medal again for all who sign up to July and are still there at the end. Now if that is not an incentive ha ha and who knows you may also enjoy some funny stories (keep em coming Fatrabbit) and if you need to, may even ditch some lbs along the way. Does anyone remember the medals from previous challenges?

@strawberriesandcream – these are for you https://kenyastockholm.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/flowers.jpg

Now to look back and find out what fat bombs are??

Day 28 Lancaster, PA US NFD
    UGH πŸ˜‘ Getting back into my FD groove has been difficult, partially because of allergies and partially because I’m just not used to it yet.

Wishing everyone well! πŸ€—

Day 28, Northumberland UK, NFD

Out for lunch with a colleague who is retiring soon, at a lovely tea house, so pleased to have kept to around TDEE despite indulgence in a lovely peanut butter brownie with my afternoon coffee. Fast day yesterday, although at 750 calories, but that has balanced the calorie books this week. So happy to be back on plan after an indulgent weekend.

Weight this morning 74.9kg, waist 74, hips 98 I think it was.

Day 29 – USA – FD

Second post: @coda, fat bombs are a wonderfully satisfying nugget of flavor and fat that, when you are on a low carb or ketogenic diet will boost your fat macro (ratio) of what you ingest daily. There are a lot of recipes on YouTube for different flavor fat bombs. One of the more informational and fun sites I subscribe to is “KetoConnect” and “Dr. Eric Berg”.

Today I’m going to try out “miracle noodles” for my FD dinner with a little marinara sauce. I wanted to use vodka sauce, but ran out. The miracle noodles are 0 calories, 0 everything as they are made of something that at least isn’t plastic or sugar, lol. It’s a great thing to eat when you have a FD. I can eat 2 packages, which comes to 14 ounces and still expend 0 calories. They are a little pricey and depending on the brand (Miracle Noodles is an actual brand; there are other brands but the names escape me now, figures). Some have a “fishy” smell upon opening, and you have to rinse the noodles good first before you cook them. They take on the flavor of whatever sauce you add to them.

Day 28 0 UAE – NFD

Thank you all for especially @lilymartin, @lilymartin, @xYolina, @krisnia, @at and @debster251 for your encouragement to go with Yoga classes. You made it sound very interesting and I will look forward to joining the gym for this.

@flourbaby, how do you mange to drink 3-4L of water daily? if did this i would have to sleep in the loo. Any strategy to manage to drink that much water?

Day 28 – πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§-FD- B2B πŸ˜€

Thanks @at for sharing your journey – you’ve done v well and to hear you are successfully maintaining even as a pocket 🍷 – gives me hope!

I’m v pleased to have completed B2B – feeling ready for our July challenge- bring it on!!!

Post #2… that bottle of wine wasn’t supposed to happen! Especially not on a school night!

I seem to make it harder for myself the closer I get to my target. This morning’s 7kg will no doubt have increased in the morning 😒

Day 29 – Tokyo, Japan – NFD 84.kg

Ugh it is hot here, getting close to 30C (86F) in the days. Probably a joke for some of you! However it is also 60%+ humidity.

Day 28 NFS St. Louis USA
    Weight 135
    Haven’t been keeping up with post lately. Barely managing to get logged on daily but I do not want to lose this connection.

@Hannawatto. So very sorry to hear about your brother’s passing. I hope you have many fond memories and lots of support to help you through your grieving.

All my best to all of you.

Day 29 UK NFD

174.4lbs. Inadvertent fast day yesterday as I didn’t eat until 5pm and didn’t want seconds of the sweet potato curry I had made as I was completely satisfied by the first bowl. So will fast again tomorrow instead of today.

Day 29 – UAE – FD

Quick check-in… my final fasting day of the month. Tomorrow happens to be my weekly weigh-in day

Day 29 Newcastle UK FD
    Anyone a message saying the security certificate has run out for the 5:2 diet forum?

Day 29 Belfast FD
    @steve Toon Taxi Driver yes I got the same notice. I carried on anyway.
    I’m starting a pocket list for today. Copy and paste your name below if you want to join.
    @metatauta
    @taraga
    @steve Toon Taxi Driver
    @debster251 (b2b)

A big push to the end of the month everyone.

Onwards and downward!

Day 29, UK, FD
    First day of the Second B2B this week to finish the month in style.

Day 29 UK NFD

@coda welcome back – looking forward to July x

Day 29, Hampshire, UK – NFD

@coda did I? lol oh dear, clearly running way too slow yesterday, I shall watch out for the new July Challenge then, I really hope someone is able to run it!!!

Feeling much more positive today πŸ˜€ I had a very successful FD yesterday, I would lie if I said it was easy but I think it becomes second nature that when the hunger kicks in, you just tell yourself it’ll be gone in a minute & drink water.

I am please to say that the scales shifted this morning, this was the boost I needed, they showed 68.8kg so finally some loss just before the end of June, I’m happy with 1kg loss for June but its not over yet as tomorrow is a FD so lets see what the scales show on Saturday.

I love this diet!!!!!

@steve toon taxi driver @debster251 I had the same problem, I assumed it was my work PC that was giving me trouble as the site might have been blocked, now I know its not just me.

Yeah I’m having same IT problems but anyways Day 29 UK Co Down FD (as yesterday’s fast ended well and truly about 8 pm and then I just started hoovering anything not fixed down into my mouth. I should have waited and had my planned meal but didn’t and not sure what caused the reaction of getting into the house and letting it all go to pot?? I am so sooooo tired this morning for some reason.

I sent an email to JJ the IT guy who is on it and fixing the issue x

Day 29, London, UK FD (3rd of unplanned B2B2B)

Not feeling particularly hungry this a.m. and I’ve a busy day planned ending in yoga after work, so B2B2B this week.

@taraga, it’s usually a minimum of 3L and I get 1L out of the way 1st thing after I wake up (we get dehydrated during sleep…. Apparently!!), then I use a 750ml water bottle which never leaves my side and I make sure I have 3/day so usually 2.25L which I try to sip throughout the day and I’m usually finished by 7pm dinner. On the days when my body didn’t require that amount I’ll get up just once in the night. You get very used to it quickly, your body adapts and trips to the loo get less and less particularly when the empty fat cells start hanging on to the water, and then the magical elusive WHOOSH, once the cells realise you aren’t starving and release that water!!! It REALLY does help with whooshing!!!!!

@bigviking….. can you say β€˜self-sabotage’, I’ve no idea why we do this to ourselves (personality quirk???) Sometimes I think I’m proving a point…….. β€œI can, so I will”. I had a recent run in with a bottle of Shiraz or was it Malbec…………….. no……….. wait, I remember………………. It was both over 3 days!!!!! The puffy face and 3lb gain, meant I couldn’t even look myself in the mirror…….. I’m back from the brink now thanks to some encouragement from @at & @debster251, thanks guys, my affair with red wine need not be so hot & heavy, I’d rather comfy & controlled, I might give the G&Ts a go on my hols, @at thanks for the leg-up back on the wagon…………. I’m there, I’m on, I’m strapped down and I’ve given myself a stiff talking to because…………..I HAVE come SOooooo Far!!!!!

Pocket list for today – Day 29. Copy and paste your name below if you want to join.
    @metatauta
    @taraga
    @steve Toon Taxi Driver
    @debster251 (b2b)
    @bigviking (1st B2B)
    @flourbaby (3rd B2B2B)
    @coda

@coda, thanks for taking up the reigns for July, and for getting JJ on the case!!!

Let’s give a gargantuan push to the end of the month everyone!!! Keep the faith, there’s no easier way to banish the excess baggage!!!!

Hello here it is
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/july-2017-31-day-challenge/
    the link to the July Challenge

Day 29
    West Midlands UK
    FD

Day 29: Gloucestershire, UK: another NFD
    8th March STILL being my last fast-day. EVERYONE of you has surely done better than that….ha…ha!
    However, @coda, I’ve signed up for your July challenge….

Day 29, Belfast, NFD

Had a great fast day yesterday. After the long weekend’s indulgence it was nice to get back to a bit of dicipline. Had a fab yoga class yesterday evening too. Good to stretch out my poor, battered neck and shoulders. Festivals are great but hiking with rucksacks and bags (full of beer) is hard work πŸ˜‰

@taraga – I’d second everyone’s yoga recommendation! Great for the body and mind. I find doing a gentle session on FDs really nice. Yoga, bath, bed…super πŸ™‚

@coda welcome back from your hols – I’m sure you had a great time. I’ll sign up for July for sure…I think I’m waaaaay off my June target so I’ll keep on at it.

Good luck everyone today!

Hi me again

Had a look at the spread sheet to see about copying it but I will not mess about with the spreadsheet until Sunday 2nd July as I don’t want to mess it up in case anyone wants to add to it and put in final stats.

Good for you Ciren2 – keep on, keeping on – as really what is the alternative. You will get there if you keep trying. Tweak things around, something will click and you will begin to get back in there. Just don’t let perfection spoil things – none of us are perfect and nor should we try to be, we are human. Just don’t give up or stop trying.

Again this is the link for the July challenge – feel free to copy it and spread the word.

Day 29*Germany*NFD

Day 29, Newcastle UK, ?

“What a difference a day makes, 24 little hours…….”

Who was that person posting yesterday?! Thanks for reminding me of my Steven Covey quote @annemarilyn – I ought to say it out loud 50 times first thing in the morning. @saffy420 – ouch!! – but at least you have that silver lining to keep you going until your filling.
    Well done to you @-Rachel- and you too @ciren2 for staying the course and joining the July challenge.
    Thanks for the lovely flowers @coda πŸ™‚
    Thank you for your kind comment and encouragement @fatteacher. I love Texas – which small town did you grow up in? I particularly liked Gruene, New Braunfels and would love to go back one year.
    @paxest – you’re welcome. We look forward to getting to know you next month.

Not sure where this month has gone so very fast – but I’m giving it my all for the next two days and will weigh in Saturday morning.
    In the past, the monthly hosts have reported on how many people actually finished the challenge but I’m not sure how to go about that given not everyone used the spreadsheet. Maybe all those who finish could post to that effect along with any other comments/results that you’d like to share.

Onwards and downwards – together we are stronger.

Day 29 Chicago, Illinois USA – NFD

Day 29?USA-WA FD
    Adding myself for today’s FD

Pocket list for today – Day 29. Copy and paste your name below if you want to join.
    @metatauta
    @taraga
    @steve Toon Taxi Driver
    @debster251 (b2b)
    @bigviking (1st B2B)
    @flourbaby (3rd B2B2B)
    @coda
    @krisnia

Ok, let’s do this today!

Day 29 – UK – FD
    Also adding myself to Pocket list for today. Copy and paste your name below if you want to join.

@metatauta
    @taraga
    @steve Toon Taxi Driver
    @debster251 (b2b)
    @bigviking (1st B2B)
    @flourbaby (3rd B2B2B)
    @coda
    @krisnia
    @pippapah

I’m counting on safety in numbers. Have a good day everyone.

Day 29 – UK – NFD

Catch up post here! Most recent FDs were Day 25 and Day 28. I’m down at 60.2kg – lowest yet!

x

Day 29 – Cumbria UK – FD

I decided to join today’s pocketeers for a final FD for this June 2017 30 Day Challenge as I’m out for a meal with a group of friends tomorrow (my normal FD)

@annemarilyn and @songbirdme I’m with you both in not wanting to gain any of the weight back. AM If you have not been eating breakfast why start eating it just because “it’s free”??? Just a thought!
    @coda – Thank you πŸ€— Watching your twins graduate must have been a very emotional as well as proud mum and dad moment for you and your OH πŸ‘©β€πŸŽ“πŸ‘¨β€πŸŽ“(I put one of each as not sure if they are boy/girl or one of each πŸ˜‰) Also thanks for taking up the reins for the July Challenge – I’m signed in with you!
    @paxest – Welcome onboard – lots of support and encouragement provided on these monthly challenges and the accountability of signing in daily is a huge motivator. Another big plus is knowing that you are never alone at whatever phase of your journey you are at!!!!
    @songbirdme – thank you πŸ€—
    @onahealthyhigh – Prosecco is the Italian champagne equivalent – it can be spumante (sparkling wine), frizzante (semi-sparkling wine), or tranquillo (still wine), depending on the pelage (bubbles). It is made from Glera grapes, formerly known also as Prosecco, but other grape varieties may be included. The name is derived from that of the Italian village of Prosecco near Trieste, where the grape and wine originated from. I’m not a pocket wino for nothing…….LOL
    @fatteacher – Thank you – I’m 5’4″ with a small frame too but small boobs! and when I started this journey my aim was to get back into my wedding dress πŸ‘—However I must have had a tiny waist when I got married as even though I weigh the same now as then, my dress is still v tight around the waist!!!
    @okeydokey – you can do this – we have got hold of you and with support from @fordprefect and @booper-dooper you’ll be back into your FD groove
    @tlc2 – Thank you and long live the pocket winos 🍷πŸ₯‚- a little bit of everything just not every day and definitely not in the same quantities as pre the 5:2 WOL is the secret!
    @dykask – too hot and humid for me – feeling for you
    @flourbaby – good on you – I knew you had this πŸ€—

Also adding myself to Day 29 Pocket list. Copy and paste your name below if you want to join.
    @metatauta
    @taraga
    @steve Toon Taxi Driver
    @debster251 (b2b)
    @bigviking (1st B2B)
    @flourbaby (3rd B2B2B)
    @coda
    @krisnia
    @pippapah
    @at

and here is the link for @coda‘s “July 2017 31 Day Challenge” for anyone wishing to sign up

“DON’T WAIT UNTIL YOU REACH YOUR GOAL TO BE PROUD OF YOURSELF. BE PROUD OF EACH STEP YOU TAKE TOWARD REACHING THAT GOAL”

Day 29, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Day 29 – UK – FD

Welcome back @coda, great to have back with us and thank you for hosting July. I will definitely be joining.

Also adding myself to Pocket list for today. Copy and paste your name below if you want to join.

@metatauta
    @taraga
    @steve Toon Taxi Driver
    @debster251 (b2b)
    @bigviking (1st B2B)
    @flourbaby (3rd B2B2B)
    @coda
    @krisnia
    @pippapah
    @at
    @yolina (3rd B2B2B)

Day 29 – SW WA USA – NFD

Good FD yesterday. The Greek food in the evening was tasty. The scale moved downward this morning; though it is still in the bouncy window rather than taking new territory.
    @at, good thought, no need to let “free” make my decisions for me.

A chiro aptmt this morning, and then off to the beach for a few days.

Day 29 – USA (Utah, visiting) – NFD

Making all my days very controlled while still trying to be sociable with daughter and granddaughters. I will be home Sunday night, and very curious to know the condition of the house with heavy storms that went through that area last night. Neighbors on Facebook said there was 5″ of rain! Whew! Hopefully the basement stayed dry enough.

@coda – it was my pleasure to have you in Illinois! Oh so marvelous meeting you and OH.

Onward and downward!

Day 28 USA FD
    Thanks to all, I reached my goal today. I am so happy! Now it is time to learn how to maintain. Never again will I let myself look back!
    Strawberries
    Thank you so much for this month! You have done a great job! I bet you are ready for a break. It must be a full time job to host!
    Metatautata
    Did you try the noodles? I am curious to see what you think. I wanted to comment yesterday, but I wanted you to try them first. I finally found them at my grocery store last month and gave them a try. How were they?

Day 29 – FIN – FD

I just ate a vegetable soup for dinner, and with that I’m closing my eating window for the day (about 5 h now). I might have a fruit or something else sweet to round off my meal, though.

Pocket list for day 29:

@metatauta
    @taraga
    @steve-toon-taxi-driver
    @debster251 (b2b)
    @bigviking (1st B2B)
    @flourbaby (3rd B2B2B)
    @coda
    @krisnia
    @pippapah
    @at
    @yolina (3rd B2B2B)
    @chumi

Thanks @at lol all boys including the cat and the dogs!

Day 29–ABQ, NM–FD

I’ve been hovering 1/4 to 1/2 lb above goal weight all week, so trying to make this last day before vacation count!

Also, adding myself to Pocket list for June 29:

@metatauta
    @taraga
    @steve Toon Taxi Driver
    @debster251 (b2b)
    @bigviking (1st B2B)
    @flourbaby (3rd B2B2B)
    @coda
    @krisnia
    @pippapah
    @at
    @yolina (3rd B2B2B)
    @keetseel

Thanks @flourbaby for your water intake advice. I will try it with July challenge.

@belfastsink, I will certenly go for Yoga classes. I am sold! Thank you.

Day 29, Germany, NFD

Viewing 50 posts - 1,751 through 1,800 (of 1,895 total)

You must be logged in to reply.