June 2017 30 Day Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
June 2017 30 Day Challenge

This topic contains 1,893 replies, has 168 voices, and was last updated by  Onahealthyhigh 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 1,895 total)

• Hello!

It is my pleasure to host the June 2017 challenge. This will be the 14th since @coda started the monthly challenge programme in May 2016. I was fortunate to get involved in February and have benefitted enormously from the generous and invaluable support given each and every month from our global community.

Previous hosts have developed a spreadsheet on which monthly members are added and progress tracked on a daily basis. The regular accountability is a huge motivation – much like attending a regular slimming club. Fortunately for me, our May host @pissupoosa adapted the spreadsheet so that every member can update their own details. However, if anyone is unsure about this, let me know and I will add/track your details if you wish. I will provide the spreadsheet link in due course.

The way this forum works is to start your post with the following details:

Day – ie. June 1st = Day 1
    Country – it’s helpful/interesting for members to know. Put your city/town too if you wish.
    What type of day you are following – ie. FD = Fast Day, NFD = Non Fast Day. There are variations such as CD = controlled day but you’ll pick those up as we go along.

My header for June 1st will be: Day 1, Newcastle UK, NFD

If you wish, give a quick intro about yourself in your first post – this helps folks get to know each other. This thread is about so much more than weight loss. @pissupoosa summed this up brilliantly last month so here’s what she said:

“You can add any comments/questions/moans/whinges/triumphs… or any thing you feel like you want to share with the rest of the forum. We’ll all have good days and bad days, days we fall off the wagon and days when we hang in there for dear life… so if you want to share it – post it. Recipes, tips, tricks and questions can also be shared – most of us are logged on at one time or another can clarify things, offer advice, support etc when needed – this is the great thing about this global forum, there’s always someone online!”

If you have any questions please ask.
    Best wishes.

Count me in – been a part of all of them, so why stop now?! This is one terrific group of supporters on our Way of Life (WOL) journey. I’m at maintenance now (having reached my goal last November) but still find such wonderful camaraderie here, I just can’t quit.

Will tell more about myself with my first post.

@strawberriesandcream – thanks so much for taking the helm!

Count me in. I’ll be away with work on the 1st, so will have to finish May and start June on the 2nd. My target for the month will be a loss of 1 stone / 14lb / 6.4kg.

I am in. Have been in maintenance mode for a few months now so that will be my goal – maintain !

Will continue my healthy habits of daily exercise (quite vigorous), at least a gallon of water and the daily practice of gratitude.

See ya June 1st. And thank you, StrawberriesandCreamfor accepting the challenge of herding us cats around. haha….

I’d like to join..
    I am new to this on my 2nd week of fasting and not lost anything!😠😠
    can you keep me right?
    do I start my first post on first day of June?
    looking forward to starting with you all! !
    xx

Welcome @silverpearl. Yes, please do your first post on June 1st. In the meantime, if you’re not already doing so, take a look at the May challenge thread and you’ll get an insight into how things work. As I recall, it can take our bodies a few weeks to adapt to the fasting regime, so stick at it and it will work for you as many others will testify.

A new starter ! June is my challenge xx

Hello @strawberriesandcream

Thank you for taking on the role of looking after us for the June 2017 30 Day Challenge – I first joined the challenge in November 2016 with @back2thefuture and have not looked back since, so please count me in for the June one!
    I’m at maintenance now, having reached my goal last December; the accountability of signing in daily and the support offered by this amazing global family has been key in keeping me there!!!

“Never give up on a dream – Just because of the time it will take to accomplish it – The time will pass anyway” Earl Nightingale

Will log in with a bit about myself on Day 1 (June 1st)

Hi @strawberriesandcream ,thanks for leading us in June. I’ll be on holiday 1st -14th and whilst I won’t be fasting I will try to log in (wi fi permitting) and I’ll weigh in on my return and take it from there .

Hi, I’d like to take part. Sounds like a great way to stay motivated & support each other.
    I’m due to restart the 5:2 after 17 months of ill health & difficulties.
    My goal is 12lbs for the month.

@strawberriesandcream – thank you for taking on the June quest!

May 2017 was the first month I got involved online – it’s been a great motivator & kept me on track. I’m definitely looking forward to more progress after reaching my goal for May.

Will be lovely to be in a position to maintain at some point. Goal will be another 5lbs and hopefully another inch or two from my waist 😊

thanks yes you’re right I need to give it a proper go. good luck to everyone for the June challenge! we can do it 😃

Got to get back on track and refocus. Joining up for June.

Hi is it too late to join this challenge? I would love to give this a go,
    Thank you.

Almost June✨
    Thank-you @strawberriesandcream for hosting our group and herding us together for better health ✨You brighten my day.
    We each may or may not reach the number, goal that we want. But Most assuredly when we try we will be healthier than if we didn’t try.😊
    Last year I weighed 197 lbs. I weighed 181 lbs when I started the March 2017 Challenge with @at leading the group. While in March I lost 14.5 lbs and in April I lost 9- 10 lbs. In May only showing a 3lb loss so far. Keeping ever onward and downward I will permanently purge the weight. My current weight is 153.4 lbs. That’s a total loss of 43.6 lbs. since last year. 28lbs lost since the beginning of the March challenge.😊
    I will be traveling in June but I am determined to at least maintain the success I’ve achieved so far. I will check in daily.😊My ultimate goal is 131 lbs: 59.4 kg. I’m looking to get there by September.✨
    We have a wonderful group here. I wouldn’t have made it through my first, second and third month without our extraordinary supportive group. I am perpetually grateful for the groups kindness, comradery, support and efforts. It has been much more enjoyable for me with our wonderful, international global group!
    ✨Welcome to the new and returning people to the group! ✨Wishing you well✨✨

@summer2017 @silverpearl @m33 @mellor123 Glad you are joining. @triplet great to see you back again. ✨

Thanks @okeydokey it’s really encouraging to see how friendly & supportive everyone is

Hey,
    I’m a newbie!
    Finished the book a week ago and did my first fast last Sunday and Monday. Think they were the most productive days that I have had in a long time. 😂

Hi I am a restarter and would love to be part of the June Challenge. Started back with my first fast this week. Looking forward to the support 😊

New joiner – needing a reason to do, joining this challenge to kick me into it

Hi @strawberriesandcream, please add me to the June challenge and thanks for leading us this month. I joined the challenges at the start of April and have lost almost 6 kg. Will post again on day 1 with goal for June.

Hi, I would like to join!! Started fasting last week but would like to join a group. How do I sign up?

Hi. Please count me in. Feeling a bit dispondant as did May challenge and weight has just fluctuated. Therefore I will be more strict with NFDs.
    I want to lose about 14lbs ideally to get back to goal.

Hi. Please count me in. I would like to lose around 20 lbs. I have done the 5:2 diet before and really enjoyed being on it. I just forget to keep doing it and as a result my weight went back on. I’m really looking forward to being in control of my eating again.

Welcome to lots of ‘new faces’. @summer2017, no, it’s not too late to join. In fact, we normally find people joining in throughout the month. @aildar – you’re in. My initial post covers how this forum works. On June 1st (Day 1) I’ll post all the names of people who have signed up to ensure we are all accounted for.
    Great to see lots of ‘familiar faces’. Thanks for your kind comments.

May 29th will be: Day 1, Lutry CH, FD

Hi,
    I am new to this challenge. I tried the plan almost 2 years ago, however, I did not stick with it. I believe I need some support and inspiration, thus I am joining the forum. I am looking forward to being in group. Thank you for organizing this.

Hi please count me in. I joined the May one and found it very helpful and I’m on my way to a decent wright loss. I’m finding the diet quite easy to follow with only a couple of slip ups.
    Thanks for hosting
    Onwards and downwards for June

Hello, I accept the challenge! Thank-you.

p.s. I can also be called ‘Minty’ for short, I’ve decided. I hope fasting twice a week is as much fun as making up names. 🙂

I am excited to start this! Have been reading the FastDiet book and adapting recent strategies!

Brand new to this site and I feel already motivated enough to start the challenge! I am in. 🙂

Count me in also. Need a permanent change for the better.

Add me to the list, please. Just starting out with this approach to weight control and am keen to learn how it all works out. I have no goals for the month, jus an overall goal of loosing 25 pounds and maintaining that weight loss. I can loose weight quite easily but find it hard to maintain – not an unusual problem I think. Perhaps this approach can help me.

In for June. 😁

Hello, I’ll be around, but won’t join in properly until I return from my trip to the Holy-Land 5th to the 15th June.
    I really NEED to knuckle down and then get back on that 5:2 wagon which I fell from many weeks ago!

Hi, please add me to June’s challenge. May was my first month and although I won’t achieve my goal I’ve still lost weight and feel better, so massive plus but need to refocus, bank holiday excess ! Thank you

Please count me in. I’m new at this and looking forward to the support of this forum.

@strawberriesandcream, thanks for hosting June, I’m definitely in for this months challenge and I’ll post my targets on Day 1, looking forward to a better month than May!!!!

Hello monthly challenge fasters. June will be my 6th month of challenges. 10 pounds “missing” from November. Only 1.5 to 2 lbs per month and that’s good for me. Thank you @strawberriesandcream for hosting. Enjoy posting on the interactive spreadsheet. It keeps our progress current.

I would like to try this challenge as a motivator. I have loved the 5:2 system as a way of changing bad habits, love the science of it all, and it works! But I still have a long way to go to get to a healthy weight. Joining a group like this is a challenge in itself! I will start on June 1st. Day 1, Gisborne, New Zealand FD.

Count me in, I’m really hoping to start eating more healthy not only when I’m fasting but also when I’m not fasting, I love the support in this group.

Add me too please. I’ve been doing 5:2 since Sept 2014 and have been under goal for over two years now. I’ve had a few struggles along the way, often due to the effects of too much 🍷. Love the supportive and knowledgeable international community on these challenges.

Hey

Can I join please? Started 5:2, 4 weeks ago and have lost about 5 pounds…. I just need to keep going.

ASL = 29, female, north England… Health is my motivator, but fitting into the clothes in the dark end of my wardrobe would be nice too!

Good luck all

J

Hi count me in too please and thanks for taking over the reins for June. I’ll be on holidays from 6th June returning 19th.

Hi strawberries and cream count me in too please. Still climbing the mountain of weight loss!

Hi @strawberriesandcream. Please count me in as well. I’m fairly new to 5:2 but love all the support in these groups.

Please count me in @strawberriesandcream.

Hi!! Please count me in!! I’m new to 5:2 & looking forward to the support of this group.

@strawberriesandcream:
    Please count me in.
    Thank you!
    Mila

Hi @strawberriesandcream ,thanks for hosting, count me in please x

Hi @strawberriesandcream ,thanks for hosting, please count me in for June.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 1,895 total)

You must be logged in to reply.