October Challenge (Adaline's ver.)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
October Challenge (Adaline's ver.)

This topic contains 221 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Adaline 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 222 total)

• Day 8 = IF 20/4
    Day 9 = IF 20/4

Removed due to more than 5 non-consecutive missing reports: Anaide.

Congratulation Violet and Monabee for the weight loss! 🌷

@violet. You decide. If it’s only a few calories over 1.000 and for you it feels like an achievement (and not a “standard / normal” IF day), you can report it as FD. Please confirm, so I can change it.

Good luck everybody with the plans for next week!

Adaline, I’ll leave day 9 as IF………I say as I lie here in bed with a noisy gurgling tum!!

Thanks heaps Adaline.

Good luck at school HealthyTanja, routines are usualy an easier environment to follow a program, I hope everything goes great for you, good luck with it all.

Will you did well to stay in control, I find fasting days easier when I’m in the groove and focused.

Have a great week everyone and may all our weight losses be huge!

Thanks heaps Adaline. VP

Day 9 | NFD

16:8 went well today. My first instinct after exercise and shower was to have breakfast because that’s just what I normally do. So instead I came on the forum und then figured out what else I can do to tie me over until lunchtime.

At 1pm a client came by the studio to discuss a painting and after he left I gave myself an hour to eat. I then went for a walk to the shops, cooked and did the washing. Keeping busy helped me reach dinner time without snacking. I allowed myself time for snacking until 8pm (which has been my food cut off for a year now and to which I can easily stick) but ended up only having a bowl of soup. Overall it was a very successful day πŸ™‚

@violetp thank you! Very excited indeed. I am nervous about it because of my new eating routine but do hope that you are right and the structure will help. I’m hoping that I will be more focused on the work than food this time around. Last term I was snacking all the time and by the afternoon just needed a nap…

Day 8 was a normal eating day. Thanks Marc.

Day 9= FD

7 hour eating window today between 1100 am and 600pm. Thanks for the congratulations everybody. Glad things went well for you Healthy Tanja! I was afraid the first time I tried 16/8 also, and quickly discovered it was quite easy, made me feel better, and reduced my appetite overall. I thought it would do the opposite- which was what scared me….but not true. Overeating and way too much food and a sedentary lifestyle are what were making me feel bad….not fasting. I chew gum and drink lots of tea, different kinds- that helps. Also I think the fibre helps too. Hope it works out well for you.

Day 9 = NFD

Ate well today. Looking forward to fasting tomorrow!

Day 10, IF

Fasted 15 hours, ate 2 meals in 5 hours and closed the kitchen at lunchtime.

Hope everyone is sailing along nicely. VP

@tanja (maybe Mark and Will also)

Quote: “Day 9 | NFD
    16:8 went well today”

If you are testing intermittent fasting in NFD, and manage to eat your meals in a 4-8 hours eating window, please report IF instead of NDF. IF is progress compared with NFD and marked different in the file. Thanks!

β˜•πŸŒž

If anyone is interested in my 15 Weeks Progress Challenge, you can sign-up now for the rest of 10 weeks.
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/15-weeks-progress-challenge/page/2/#post-170212

Good luck!

I signed up Adaline. Thank you!

Hello all!

Day 9 was a non fast day.

Stopped eating at 2PM yesterday, and have not eaten on day 10 yet- fingers crossed I make it to tomorrow.

good luck all.
    Marc

Day 10= FD

20/4 eating window between 0800 and 1200 today, and 800 calories. Felt fine and hope I can sleep tonight πŸ™‚ going to try for an 1100- 1400 eating window tomorrow…have some good frozen low carb meals I can bring with me as working out of town. Thankful for the time and energy to meal plan and prep over the past weekend.

Good luck Mark with your WF! My longest was 44 hours, but it’s been months since then.

Day 10 = IF 20/4, over TDEE.

Day 10 | FD

Success! Managed to have a small meal at lunch time and another one at dinner all within 500 cals πŸ™‚

Not snacking during the day was a new concept for me at school and I actually enjoyed it a lot. Before I would have breakfast when I got there at 8.30am, a snack at 11am, lunch at 12.30pm and a snack at 3pm plus on most days I’d be snacking in between. No wonder that by the afternoon I was ready for a nap!

Yesterday I started feeling hungry about 10am but just pushed through concentrating on my drawing. Lunch was heavenly even though it was only fast day soup πŸ˜‰ The afternoon was easy and I was wide awake the whole time!

Looking to do the same but with a proper meal at lunchtime. If I can do a day like yesterday on fast soup, I can most certainly do it today πŸ™‚

Thank you for your not about IF vs NFD @adaline. These would be the correct labels if you want to backdate:

Sat 08.10 IF
    Sun 09.10 IF
    Mo 10.10 FD

Thank you also for the link to the other challange. I’ll look at it tonight.

@monabee have a good trip! Where is work takinh you?

Good luck @marcm!

@will and @violetp well done you two!

All the best for today everyone!

Day 10 = FD

Started off great but a headache set in around mid-afternoon and then faintness and nausea. It’s that time of the month so I generally don’t feel great but those feelings were amplified. I pushed through and ended 200 calories over. Not perfect but not too shabby. I think I’ll go 4:3 this week to make up for it.

Day 11. FD

I ate lunch today after a 24 hour liquid fast, I had intended eating dinner this evening but I wasn’t hungry so closed the kitchen and had an early night. I did an Adaline Special – OMAD!

Will you did awesome under the circumstances, I used to eat humans at that monthly time!

Oh HealthyTanja you have got off to a great start, good luck with keeping up the healthy habits.

44 hours is impressive Adaline, I hope you go great Marc, looking forward to the update.

Monabee I’m joining you on Adaline’s 10 week challenge.

Travel well folks and happy losing. VP

thank you Adaline- still going, on day 2 and feel great. The hunger cravings are going away thank God. Came so close to eating last night but slept on it instead and resolve has strengthened.

So for Day 10 it was WF (from 9th till now) and if I feel good I’ll keep going today.

For those with headaches – just and fyi – it helps me to have some extra water.
    Giving yourself praise for the small victories give you confidence to crack on.

Happy to hear, Mark. I will mark 2 WF if you get close to 48 hours. Fingers crossed.

More practical tips for water fast from Dr. Fung: https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/more-practical-fasting-tips-part-13/

Also here: https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/practical-fasting-tips-part-12/

@monabee: in the morning usually we are not really hungry, due to The Dawn Phenomenon. So it’s perfect decision to delay your first meal until hungry. https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/dawn-phenomenon-t2d-8/

@tanja: also perfect decision about not snacking. It keeps your insulin high and blocks fat burning.
    https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/perils-snacking-hormonal-obesity-xiii/

@will: hope you feel better soon. 🌷

@violet: πŸ™‚ “Adaline Special”. πŸ™‚ Makes two of us, today.

Me: Day 11: OMAD / FD.

Day 11= FD

18/6 for me today- 6 hour feeding window. Although I ate well at about 1230- I was really hungry again at 1700- so I had a reasonable snack. My calories are more than the usual 800- total at 950 today. I will still call it a FD as I did not go over 1000…I think that works! Great to hear how everyone is doing well. It helps to glean from the wisdom of others. Thanks for the encouragement πŸ™‚ I work regionally which means I travel locally anywhere between 2- 6 hours away from home to work. This just means more planning and ensuring I take food on the road. Also need to make sure I take care in the evenings not to entertain myself with eating while away from home πŸ™‚

Day 11= NFD

Thank you for the kind words everyone! Feeling much better. Ate at TDEE. Lots of snacking but did not go over TDEE. Feeling lighter these days. It’s a great feeling!

Way to go on the 2 day WF Marc! Very impressive.

Day 12 = OMAD

If anyone is interested in a 30 Days Junk Free Challenge:
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/30-days-junk-free-challenge/

β˜•πŸŒž

Day 11 | IF

Day 12 | IF

Both days went really well. Much better than expected. FD tomorrow πŸ™‚

Day 12. NFD

Started the day well but it went downhill with to many cals consumed.

Day 12= FD

(@Adaline If it was an unsuccessful FD attempt should I mark it above as NFD?)

My office neighbor has a large shiny bowl of Hershey kisses out directly in my line of sight. My co-workers like to tell me about how much they are enjoying them as they walk by my desk. I made it until 3pm before blowing 200 of my 500 calories on chocolate. Then I made the poor decision to cook a delicious and elaborate dinner for my husband. Of course I joined him in the eating bit.

Dusting myself off and starting again tomorrow with a FD.

Any tips on the Hershey kisses?

“Any tips on the Hershey kisses?”

In a moment of weakness, log onto the website and read out aloud your forum avatar. OK on a more serious note. Take an apple to work for an afternoon snack. We have a very beautiful girl in the office. Her weakness is chocolate. Over the course of a year Ive seen her put on about 10 pounds, and her chocolate addiction doesn’t seem to be slowing down.

Day 12= IF

16/8 today- one of those days where I just wanted to keep on eating and eating….thankful it stopped though and at least made my 8 hour eating window. I thought the calories would be seriously out of control – but not as bad as I thought-1600 calories…

As for the kisses- Willworkforhealth any chance of adding something nice on your own desk to distract your line of vision? something inspiring? Maybe your co- workers would talk about your inspiring thing instead of the kisses…I have a lighthouse picture in my office. It reminds me of security, safety, and principles that cannot move. Just a thought- decorate a little! It makes a big difference in my workspace. I also have my work goals around me…to try to stay on course. They remind me of my personal goals too- and to stay on course with them. Just a thought πŸ™‚

Hi folks day 11 was water fast.
    And today day 12 has been an eating day.
    Nothing crazy but learned having bread after water fasting does not agree with me.

Thanks for the links Adaline, checking them out now.

http://www.fastingconnection.com/index.php/Life-long-intermittent-fasting/12752-010-club-recruiting-now

The link above is no longer an active group. Much of the site is still accessible with many topics on fasting and experienced fasters. I recorded my experience with
    My longest water fast somewhere on that site and having good people like yourselves for company makes all the difference.

Let me know if you check it out and what you think.

@will. If it was under 1.000 calories, yes. Please confirm. Currently marked as IF.

About Hershey kisses, thanks for the tips already received and I would add mine, as a binge eater. 3 options:
    1. Think of them as plastic. Yeap. Plastic. Like some children toys, similar with Lego or something. Or like a decorative bowl with shiny little glass balls you see on spas. You don’t want to eat plastic or glass, do you?

2. I would take 3 of them, put them in a drawer of my desk and give myself permission to eat them whenever I want. But ONLY as a part of my meal, and counting those calories. If I want them today, eat them, and replace the 3 pieces stock in my drawer. If I want them tomorrow, eat them and replace the stock. And so on until I just not want to eat them anymore. And trust me, this will happen. I can have for months chocolate in my fridge and not touch it. Is the fact that you forbidd something, that creates desire. If you allow it daily, you will not longer desire it. (This is part of intuitive eating strategy, first phase.)

3. Think of it as having an inferior quality. Ex: I love chocolate. I give myself permission to eat whenever I want (as a part of a meal), at least 150 calories per serving, but it has to be superior quality. No way I will eat chocolate from a bowl (maybe once for the curiosity of the taste). Large quantity (and free) = (for me) low quality. Buy yourself some expensive, very good chocolate, give youself permission to eat daily, as I said above (p2) and that’s all. You will not desire “office-junk-chocolate”, if you can have something better (with bio ingredients, raw sugar, less chemicals, or with some delicious quality filling) at home.

@mark. First of all, congratulation! Hope your first refeed day went well. (I usually overeat / binge, that’s why I’m a little afraid of longer fasts and this is the reason I do not try them often.)

Your link reminded my of 10in2 “diet”: http://www.10in2.at/index.php?lang=en&inhalt=10in2-galerie
    As you see, the results are impressive, but my opinion is that is not for everybody. I’ve tried it, but it’s too stressful for my body, and also messing with my circadian rhythm.

I will browse that forum when I’ll have more time. Thanks for the tip.

I liked this from your link:

Hunger can be either
    * Psychological (Having been brainwashed like Pavlov’s dogs) or
    * Enzymatic: Not having the appropriate enzymes to convert your fat back to energy.
    Your timing appears to fit the latter. The longer you fast, however, the more active these enzymes become until you can break down fat faster than what your body needs the energy.

Practice makes perfect.

Day 13, IF 20/4

Hi all, in a rush…stay well happy losers..x

@adaline IF is correct for Day 12. Thank you

Thanks all for the tips. I like the idea of imagining plastic and getting something nice for my desk. I think I’ll buy myself flowers today. Much better than plastic.

Good luck to all today!

Day 13 = IF 20/4, over TDEE

@will. Sorry. I’ve said it wrong, but maybe you’ve understood correct:

So:
    One single meal a day (no calorie limit) = FD

For 2 meals a day:
    Under 1.000 = FD.
    Over 1.000 (but in less than 8 hours) = IF.
    Over 1.000 (but in more than 8 hours) = NFD.

Day 13 | FD

Went really well even though it was a very stressful day. I was glad today that I’m living 5:2 now and also follow IF because before a “all going wrong day” like this would have been met with non stoo snacking. It all got a bit much on my way home and I devoured a whole 300g cucumber in less than 10 minutes but I can live with that lol.

Thank you all for your support and advice and for sharing your stories. My life is actively changing right now and you’re all helping me see through the transition phase πŸ™‚

Day 13= IF

18/6 again today & 1161 calories

Day 14, OMAD, under 1000 cals………….an Adaline Special!

I hope the past two days make up for the sins of Wednesday!

HealthyTanja you have me in fits at the image of you attacking the cucumber!

Great info Adaline, I’ll check out that link. A friend who is doing Octsober (an alcohol free challenge) thinks of alcohol as ethanol, that’s a bit like your plastic chocs!

Weigh day for me tomorrow…..may the scales be kind!

Stay strong and focused folk. πŸ™πŸΌπŸ‘™

πŸ™‚ Violet, my OMAD may also be over 1.000 calories. 🍰
    Happy to see that works for you! And IF for Tanja and Monabee! 🌷

If your friend with Octsober is motivated by daily check-in, he may join the 30 Days Junk Free Challenge, where his junk-definition is alcohol. Just saying.
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/30-days-junk-free-challenge/

Or if someone wants to quit coffee, or cigarettes.. any addiction, may also join. And instead % of TDEE, he alone sets junk intervals. If anyone is interested, I can make small changes to the file, to be easier to report for various addiction.

β˜•πŸŒž

Thanks for the offer Adaline, I’ll tell him. I gave up sugar some years back after reading Sweet Poison and went on to a Whole Food Plant Based diet, (Forks Over Knives) eating only 3 meals a day with no snacks. I’m also doing a 12 month alcohol free challenge and I’ve now discovered IF……Lordy I’m so saintly there isn’t much left for me to give up!!

Good luck with the junk challenge.

Day 13 = FD

Back on the wagon! I’m thinking Thursday might be a better second fast day than Wednesday for me.

@violet the book Sweet Poison sounds like it was convincing. I’ll have to check it out!

Weigh day. 77.6 – 0.3 loss.

Sweet Poison was a very convincing book Marc. I don’t have a sweet tooth and don’t go for sweet foods at all but I soon learned how much sugar is in processed foods, everything from baked beans to crackers!

Have a great weekend folks.

May your food choices be wise and your scales kind. VP

Day 14 | IF

Another successful day although I think my digestive system is becoming sluggish. I hardly feel hungry now (except right before lunch) and instead feel rather constipated. Even after a successful FD I don’t feel nice and empty. Hopefully my system is just adjusting and will start working again better soon. Am a bit worried that slow digestion is linked to a slow down in metabolism…

@adaline, your junk challange sounds interesting. Gonna think about it πŸ™‚

@violetp, you really have eliminated a lot! Inspirational!

Day 15, NFD

But a good NFD.

Sorry it was you Will who mentioned the Seeet Poison book and not Marc, have a read and see what you think, its worth it,

HealthyTanja. I’m ancient..in my 50s so I have been investigating health stuff for a long time, I started making real changes about 6 or so years ago, it was and is a very gradual process.

Day 14 = IF 20/4, over TDEE
    Day 15 = OMAD, under 1.000 cal

Day 15 | NFD

Didn’t make it till lunch time today as I woke up super hungry. Overall the day wasn’t too bad.

@violetp it is a gradual process indeed. Gave up diet coke from one day to the next 5 years ago and then stopped all sodas in January this year. Good riddance! I tend to make chains of successful days which helps me build new habits.

Day 14= FD

Day 15= NFD

Feeling like I need to get back on track….I’m eating too much late in the day.

Day 14 = NFD
    Day 15 = NFD

Had a work conference. Long days locked in meeting rooms with piles of carbs and sugar. I did okay the first day but it was madness the second. Overall, my diet is improving and I’ve lost 4 pounds.

This group has done wonders for me. It’s so valuable hearing about your journeys.

Congratulations for this week’s FD/results! 🌷

Day 16 = IF 20/4, over TDEE.

Day 16 | NFD

Day 16. NFD

Good one, way to go HealthyTanja, I tend to tackle one thing at a time with no time restraints, taking on too much is overwhelming.

WillWork you did great……..work conferences could have you eating the leg of the table sometimes if someone boring rattles on, so top marks.

Hope you all have a successful week folks. VP

Day 15 and 16are non fast days. :-(.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 222 total)

You must be logged in to reply.