October Challenge (Adaline's ver.)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
October Challenge (Adaline's ver.)

This topic contains 221 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Adaline 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 222 total)

• Day 16= FD

had a 23/1 eating window- and ate between 1:30 and 2:30 in the afternoon. Felt great! Went for a nice walk later in the day and drank lots of tea instead of eating in the evening.

Mark, I’m missing Days 13 and 14. Please update. Thanks!

☕🌞

Day 17, IF 18/6

Day 16 = NFD

Day 13 was a fast day day 14 a non fast day. Sorry thought I had sent an update. Had Some sign on trouble with gmail.

No problem.

Day 17 = IF 22/2, but marked as IF because I had junk.

Day 17 non fast day. 😞

Day 17= Fast Day

Day 17 = FD

Day 18, NFD

Fasted for 18 hours and then ate ridiculously for the next 7….oh dear!

Day 18 FD for me.

Day 17 | FD – good one

Day 18 | NFD – OK. Really grateful for IF because it has more than once stopped me from stuffing my face on a NFD from early in the morning to late at night. Today was a very stressful morning and I couldn’t shake that “unsettledness” all day. Really wanted to eat for the sake of eating/ soothing myself from 8am onwards. Stayed strong and fasted until 1pm instead. I did eat chocolate and sweets but at least it was only at meal times and I didn’t let it take over my whole day!

Day 18=FD

Day 19, IF 18/6

Well done HealthyTanja, IF helps me too to stay on track too.
    I’m on holidays at present, very restricted with knee problems. Hope you are all traveling well. VP

Days 18 and 19 = IF

I’ve decided at this moment to renounce completely (for now) at OMAD days, because they drive overeating in the following days. I will eat 2 meals in a max 4 hours window, and what will be, will be.

☕🌞

Day 18 = IF

Had a bit of nausea for most of the day for no reason that I could tell. Drank plenty of water and did not have too much caffeine. I have a feeling my body is undergoing a change as for dessert I craved a grapefruit (with a teaspoon of sugar sprinkled on top).

Day 19 | NFD

Another stressful day saved by IF. It is interesting how quickly my body goes into “let’s eat something” response when stress occurs. Managed to fast till 1pm and then had a healthy lunch. The bus journey home however was a major trigger and combined with all the stress, I had much chocolate and sweets…

@violetp enjoy your holiday and I hooe you knee gets better soon!

@adaline, adjusting yourself when something isn’t working is an excellent idea. Hope eating two small meals in 4 hours will qo well for you!

@will, a change within yourself is fantastic and I hope you body is naturally making healthier choices…Although no grapefruit for me thank you very much!

Hi folks. Today was a fast day. Thanks.

Day 20. IF 18/6

HealthyTanja. Thanks for the good knee wishes. You need a nice supply of cucumbers for the bus trip me thinks!!

WillW perhaps your body is having a recalibrate with all the new changes.

Adaline, it’s all about finding what’s best for us, so good luck.

Good luck folk. VP

Day 19 = IF

Today will be my first fast day with exercise. Curious to see how that goes. I had more energy and felt better during my workout thanks to this WOE.

HealthyTanja IF is a great tool isn’t it? It feels like the way humans are meant to eat instead of that three meals a day and snacks nonsense I was raised on.

Adaline – hope the adjustment is working well for you.

Marc and Violet way to go on your fast and IF.

thanks WWFH!
    Day 20 is a FD for me.

My biggest realization is success at fasting is in part building momentum by not just forgiving myself when I fail, but by praising myself when I succeed.

good read on mindfulness:

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/asin/0848732758/beckinstituteorg/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b

I say to myself often, let it go- youll eat again another time.

Thanks! 🌷

Day 20 = NFD.

Next file update on Monday. Have a nice weekend!

Day 20 | FD | Success 🙂

Day 21, NFD.

Day 21 | NFD

Still fasting until lunchtime but having difficulties sticking to 8pm deadline at the moment. Trying again tomorrow 🙂

Monabee, hope that everything is ok. 🌷🌞

Tanja, try eating (much) more at previous meals (until 6pm). All macros. Carbs, proteins, fats.

Marc, thanks for the book recommendation.
    Exactly: “you can eat it tomorrow.”

☕🌞

Day 20 = NFD
    Day 21 = IF

Finding exercising and fasting to be hard to do together. I’ve heard it’s excellent for meeting goals but I need to do more research.

Marc thanks for the recommendation. Mindfulness is the key to it all for sure.

Day 22, NFD

Day 19= FD
    Day 20=NFD
    Day 21=FD

Sorry Adeline! I’ve been tracking on my own- and the week has escaped me a bit checking into the website! I’m OK 🙂

I made a mistake- Day 20 would be an IF day…..:) Sorry again Adeline!

I had a 16/8 day- but went over 1000 calories….
    Mona

Day 22 | NFD

Can’t believe I made it to lunchtime today! Got up at 6am and dropped the kids off at 9am. Couldn’t face breakfast with them, too early, but took some berries with me to eat while out.

I took many different busses today and on the first one I immediately had the urge to eat the berries but instead I read a book. I was feeling quite hungry at 9.30am and was looking to buy something for breakfast somewhere. Instead however I got stuck into my errands.

Not only did I make it to 12 noon, I fasted until 2.15pm! I had food with me and could have eaten it on the bus after 12pm but instead decided to wait until home and prove to myself that not eating on the bus is perfectly OK. Little triumphs 🙂

Ended up going to a German bakery and getting my Love and me yummy bread for lunch.

Good day! Happy going everyone 🙂

Day 23. Fasting 25 hours and will continue into tomorrow Monday.

Day 23 WF…….that’s what I should have put down, sorry Adeline.

Day 22=NFD

Good luck with your WF, V! I also wish to try one, hoping in a week or so. I still not feel ready.

Glad that everything is working for you, Mona. Good luck for the next week!

Happy to read about small victories leading to greater ones, Tanja!

Yes Will, both stressors. The priority is to be better adapted to fasting and then adding specific exercise.

Wish you all a great week!

Day 21 = IF
    Day 22 = NFD
    Day 23 = IF

☕🌞

Day 21 NFD
    Day 22 NFD
    Wish me resolve started a water fast at 6 last night.

Day 23 | NFD

Made it to lunchtime again but missed the 8pm cut off again also. At school tomorrow until 8.30pm so will definitely meet my deadline then. Start of a good week!

Still feeling like my digestion is buggered up but I have now bought a fiber aid which will hopefully keep me more regular again….

Good start to the week everyone!

Day 24 | FD

No posts today? How weird!

FD for me. Went well, although I got a fiber supplement, pysillum husk or some such thing and tried to mix it into my soup and yoghurt today instead of drinking it with water. Bad call!

Overall the husk works well though and my insides are moving again 🙂 What a relief!

Hope you’re all well!!!

Day 24 IF 18/6

Completed 40 hour wf today at lunchtime but I overdid the food in the 6 hours and this was down to not planning ahead and just grabbing a quick bite….bitesssss on the run……well no running due to my knee…you get my drift!!

Today will be a good 18/6 with wise planning…I think!

Good luck guys.

Day 23 I’m not sure notation sorry. I ate about 500 calories in one hour and stopped eating at 6pm.
    Day 24 so far is a water fast day. ( 5 hours till midnight I can resist ).

Tip I’m trying to follow this week- eating only when sitting down.

Day 22= FD
    Day 23= FD
    Day 24= IF

Day 24 = IF
    Day 25 = OMAD

Good luck with WF, Mark.

Tanja, maybe is something in your diet that causes you problems. You can post your menu for 3-4 days, if you’d like an outside opinion.

Congratulation for 40h WF, Violet!

☕🌞

Day 25 IF 18/6

Thank you Adaline…pity I overdid the food after.

Day 24 I was able to water fast and am still going (from the evening of the 23rd)
    If I can get to day three when the liver is depleted of glucose I may keep going – for me energy usually returns then and hunger and cravings go way down.

WillWorkForHealth – exercise is something that really varies when I fast. there are times I feel energetic and work out hard, and others I just relax. Listening to your body is my key.

Day 23 and 24 = NFD

I’ve been on vacation and eating whatever I want. Back to it today with a fast day.

Thanks for the tips Adaline and Marc. I think for now I’ll stick to very light or no exercise on fast days.

Day 26. IF 18/6

Day 25= FD

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

day 25 was a NFD.
    Today is early so we will see!

Day 25 was actually NFD.
    Day 26 was IF.
    Day 27 = OMAD. No excuses today.

☕🌞

Day 27, WF

Another WF day, desperate measures required….I’m still out of action with my knee, MRI next week.

My best to you all for the last days of Oct. VP.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 222 total)

You must be logged in to reply.