Stress, Migraine and fasting

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Amlien 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Hi all
    I was going to do a FD today but have had a very stressful week (friend died) and am feeling pre-migrainous. I don’t want to look for excuses to not fast/lose weight but I also don’t want to be in bed for two days with a migraine. Does anyone have any experience of this?

I have had far fewer migraines since I started fasting. It is more likely to improve it than not. I got auras a couple of times but didn’t want to take painkillers on an empty stomach but no pain developed. Stress is harder though. I found I just didn’t lose weight while stressed from arguments and resisting temptation was harder but later when things had calmed down I would get a whoosh and so get belated benefit from the fasting, so it is worth trying to carry on. But don’t be hard on yourself if you slip up. Persistence not perfection is what is called for.

Hi, thanks, I am only two weeks in to 5/2 but already feeling generally better, but also don’t want to trigger a migraine by being rigid about fasting. I decided to eat but also since starting 5/2 I am much more thirsty so will keep up fluids too as not drinking enough can lead to a migraine for me too.

Has anyone of you tried cannabis for migraines? I came across this website about different strains of cannabis and their medicinal purpose. I found out that this strain http://www.gyo.green/paradise-seeds-belladonna-par-bld-f.html is the most effective strain for migraines.

Hi, sorry I am a new member and have not tried that for my migraine treatment. I mostly popped in here to see what to do re: fasting when feeling a migraine might be incoming.

I take beta blockers to reduce my migraines and I also find codeine helps when the pain gets very bad (however the side effects of that can be very unpleasant itself).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply.