October Challenge (Adaline's ver.)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
October Challenge (Adaline's ver.)

This topic contains 221 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Adaline 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 222 total)

• As I said in September Challenge thread ( https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/september-challenge/page/16/ ), as a back-up for October I could run my own version (link to Demo Template at the end of the post).

Info about this version of October Challenge:
    – uses a Google sheet embedded in a blog post, updated in real time (but with a delay up to 72 hours, when I’m travelling).
    – starts on Saturday, 1 October, when you need to post your Starting weight, in kg.
    – ends on Tuesday, 1 November, when you need to post your Final weight, also kg.
    – the reporting system for the start and final weight is kg-only. To convert pounds to kg, you can use google search “pounds to kg” or a link in the blog post. (You can write in pounds in all the rest of October days.)
    – minimum number of participants: 5
    – maximum number of participants: 30+1 (me)
    – starting Sunday, 2 October, daily, you need to post what type of fast did you had in your previous (ended) day: FD = Fast Day // WF = Water Fast Day = minimum 36 hours water-only fast // NFD = Non-Fast Day. Ex: on Sunday, 2 October, if on previous day (1 October) you had a Fast Day, you need to post: Day 1 = FD. On Monday, 3 October, if on previous day (2 October) you had a NFD, you need to post: Day 2 = NFD. And so on. Always you are reporting the previous day. On 1 November you will post your fast type for 31 October.
    – your daily post must look something like this: first row, mandatory: Day x = FD / WF / NFD. After this first row, you leave another row empty, and on the third row you can write everything you want, like how hard was the previous fast day, or your plans for today’s fast / NFD, etc, etc, etc. This rule is to help me to see in a second the info I need to update your fasting pattern in the table. Thank you in advance for this.
    – the sheet makes totals for every type of fast, and with the help of the colors, you can easily see the pattern.
    – the daily reports will be posted here, in this dedicated thread. If you do not have a 5:2 Forum account, but you wish to participate, you can also post in the comments of that blog post.
    – at 3 consecutive or 5 non-consecutive missing reports the name is removed from the list.
    – the order in the list will be alphabetical (sort field “name”).

The list of sign-ups (max 30) you can see it on that blog post (also updated in real time). At this moment: HannahWatto and Maui.

If anyone wishes more details, I’m happy to respond.

If anyone wishes to join, please tell me here or in the comments of that blog post, so I can add your name to the list of sign-ups. And on Saturday, 1 October, you will update with the Starting-weight (kg).

Please: if you are not 90% sure that your time allows you to fully commit to reporting daily on this challenge, please do not sign up, because that means a place minus for someone who can 100% commit, but had not yet seen this thread. Thank you!

All the stats are here: http://dailyfastingweightloss.blogspot.de/2016/09/fasting-challenge-oct-2016.html

Good Luck to all participants!

If HannahWatto and Maui will confirm participation on this version, sign up no. 3 is Rocy65. Only one more person needed to run this version too.

Hi Adaline I’ll join this challenge and the other. It will be interesting – particularly as I’m terrible at filling in spreadsheets! πŸ™‚ Thank u

Thanks for confirming so soon, Hannah. πŸ™‚

I forgot. Don’t worry about your spreadsheet skills. I will do all the filling work and update the file daily. All you have to do is post here daily your report for the previous day and to see at the end of the month, the statistics and the colored pattern for your name, to corelate with the lost weight and make changes, if you need, for the next month.

hello Adaline,

I want to participate in the Challenge October, I myself can complete the worksheet, because I practice it.

Thank you!
    Hugs!

Hi Anaide. Glad to see you on this challenge too! Hugs back! πŸ™‚

For this October Challenge, I will be the only person with editing access to the file. If we will be max 30, I will manage all the daily filling work. (But I don’t think we’ll be more than 10. πŸ™‚ )

But if anyone wants, I can do for your personal use, a free-to-download version of that file, to keep it in private, on your own computer / smartphone. And you can duplicate the sheet, and use it for many months in a row, until you get to your target weight.

Today I’ve been working on something similar for me, kind of 6-months-fasting-journal, with weekly input of the current weight and daily input of the type of fast. The progress %Goal vs %Time, both for short term and long term, plus fasting statistics are automatically calculated. It’s already filled for almost 4 weeks and I think it offers all the info I’m interested in.
    So you can use this more complex alternative, if you love statistics, like me.
    For me is useful to see them, because I can evaluate the past and make changes in my fasting pattern, for better weight loss results.
    Next weeks I will work on a free-to-download version, adapted for 5:2 diet.

The current template (adapted for my type of fasting, which is not 5:2 diet, but days with only one meal a day (OMAD / 1.000 calories) and days with 2 meals) is here: http://dailyfastingweightloss.blogspot.de/2016/09/daily-fasting-weight-loss-journal-6-months.html

Confirming that I still want to be part of your October Challenge. Thanks!

Hi Adaline, I’m messing around trialling 18/6 this week, I’m seeing what suits me best, hopefully by Oct 1, I’ll be sorted!
    I’d like to join your group please.

Cheers VioletP

Thanks for confirming now, Maui.

Welcome, Violet. Your strategy gave me an idea. Yesterday I’ve created an OMAD (one meal a day) section for me. And I will create another section for intermittent fasters not followin 5:2, but 18/6 – 20/4. Because 5:2 pattern is different from OMAD, different from IF. So I want us to be able to compare ourselves with others that follow a similar strategy.

The next 4 weeks will be busy and stressful for me, so if I will not be able to eat OMAD, I will join you in IF section (presuming that you will try IF 18/6 not combined with 5:2). The template will be updated hopefully next week.

Have a nice week-end! β˜•πŸŒž

I forgot. Violet, please confirm if you are following IF-not-combined-with-5:2. This will be a separate group. If yes, when you will write FD in report, will mean IF 18/6. And NFD will mean that you’ve eaten in a more-than-8-hours window, so No IF 18/6.

Ex, for me FD = OMAD, one meal a day. NFD = not OMAD, but 2 meals, IF 20/4.

IF-combined-with-5:2 fasters remain in 5:2 group.

Thanks!

PS: sounds complicated, but it is not. You’ll see!

No Adaline, I think I’ve got that. I’m hopeless at calorie counting and I don’t think I want to get good at it!
    I already eat WFPB – Whole Foods Plant Based, IF really interests me and the 18/6 seems best for me.

If I decide to do a longer fast sometime in the month do I still put in FD? I don’t want to muck up your record keeping.

VP

With longer fast you will choose the way you report, because you will read / interpret your pattern. If a 24 h fast it’s an achievement for you, you can write WF instead FD for that day, to differentiate it from standard FD=18/6. Otherwise, remains the standard report: WF is after min 36 hours without food. If you manage 48 hours, you report WF for 2 days in a row. For 3Γ—24, 3 days in a row WF. And so on.

You choose. You tell me daily only one of this variants: FD, WF, NFD, but what each option means to you, you decide.

Thanks Adeline.

Had the time now for the template update. Last 2 columns are IF Demo.

So if someone else will sign up, please say in which group: 5:2 / OMAD / IF.

I like it! πŸ™‚

Done for today. Have a nice week-end! β˜•πŸŒž

Template update: added separate monitoring for IF 16/8 – 18/6 – 20/4.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.

β˜•πŸŒž

Hello Adaline and everyone already signed up to this challenge. I would like to join in with this challenge πŸ™‚
    Completed my third (non-consecutive) fast day yesterday and really liking the 5:2 concept.
    Looking forward to being part of this group! Is there something I need to do to ensure I don’t miss any posts relating to this challenge?
    Many thanks πŸ™‚
    Tanja

Welcome Tanja and good luck!

If you want to receive email notifications for a thread, you can click on “Email me every time a reply is posted” option, under the last message of that thread, left side.

PS: Demo template removed. Tomorrow’s post: Start weight (kg) and what is your objective for this challenge. Mine is: daily minimum 20 hours water fasting (IF 20/4) and minimum 3 days a week, IF 23/1 or OMAD = one meal a day around 1.000 calories.

Thank you for having me on this challenge πŸ™‚ Looking forward to start tomorrow.
    Do you post the first post of each day or can we just post whenever (as long as it is on the right date)?

Me too. πŸ™‚

Just post every day whenever you have the time. Important is to post daily. I will update the file once every 24 hours.

hello Adaline,

For the challenge

Weight: 104 kg

target of October: 102 kg

5 days FD + = 20/4 – 1000 calories

Saturday and Sunday NFD

It is correct the way you write?

Perfect Anaide. I’ve updated for you the Start-weight also in Limited carbs Challenge. https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/30-days-limited-carbs-challenge-october-2016/#post-168596

Me: start weight: 71.7 kg.

β˜•πŸŒž

Hello Adaline and everyone on this challenge,

Here are my stats:

Start weight: 72.5kg
    Goal weight: 71kg

FD= less than 500 cals twice a week
    NFD= normal eating in 12/12 rhythm leaving bigger gaps between meals and practicing aware eating.

Happy October everyone πŸ™‚

Tanja

Hello;

So glad I came across this today. I would like to join please! It is October 1st here in Canada right now and I was browsing and looking for some encouragement to re-commit to low carb eating, fasting, and fast exercise principles. I know these will take me towards my health goals. I would like to join this challenge and the low carb challenge.

Start weight: 93kg
    Goal weight for October: 90kg
    FD = BSD principles 800 calories Low Carb eating 5 days per week
    IF =16/8: 5 – 7 days per week
    NFD= Low Carb eating principles allowing for more calories 2 days per week

Start Weight 79 kg
    Goal 76 kg
    5:2 weekly combined with 16:8 daily
    FD =500 calories
    NFD =LCHF
    Excercise – walking daily 30 to 60 minutes

Hi Maui,
    What is LCHF? Something about low carb?
    Just curious πŸ™‚
    Tanja

LCHF = Low Carb High Fat.

Welcome Monabee and good luck!

Me: Day 1 = IF 20/4

β˜•πŸŒž

Day 1, Starting weight 78.3kg

Target for Oct 75kg

NFD

Hi to all participants, I wish you all success for the month. VP

Day 1: NFD

Had a good day and managed 67 minutes on the cross trainer in the morning.

Way to go healthyTanja! Have you looked into Dr.M’s fast exercise website or book recommendations? I really want to incorporate those principles into this month also…HITT training & strength training…along with NEAT..

@monabee
    quote:
    “FD = BSD principles 800 calories Low Carb eating 5 days per week
    IF =16/8: 5 – 7 days per week
    NFD= Low Carb eating principles allowing for more calories 2 days per week”

I’ve put you in IF category. My opinion is this:
    – IF 16/8 + BSD max 800 calories = report FD
    – IF 16/8 + over 1.000 calories = report IF
    – NFD = more than 1.000 calories in over 8 hours window.

If you want a different system, just write daily one single option from IF / FD / WF / NFD (which fits you best) and that’s all.

Hope that’s ok for you?

That’s exactly how I wanted to track also😊Thank you so much. My fasts may range between 16/8 &18/6 & 20/4 also- as I am inspired by what I am reading here. Experimenting with those options may really help me- however I will keep track of that on my end 😊 And post as you have recommended. Thanks again! For tracking this for us.

Happy to hear! πŸ™‚
    Then I wait your report for Day 1. πŸ™‚

Day 2, FD 18/6

I actually got myself mixed up and forgot I was posting for the day before, so technically Day 1 was FD 18/6 and day 2 was NFD….I’m now on track…sorry. No need to change it Adaline, you have enough to do.
    Thanks for running the challenge, I appreciate the effort.

I hope everyone is off to a good start. VP

Day 2 | NFD

It’s been a good day. I don’t plan in exercise for Sundays but managed to fit in 64 minutes of cross trainer this morning before the kids got up. Also did 1 minute 5 of plank and reached surpassed my 3L water intake goal πŸ™‚

@monabee I have not had a look at the exercises you mentioned. Will get to it, especially as I’m looking for good entry level arm work outs to get on with…

Day 1= FD

Had a great day Saturday for a good start- and again Sunday πŸ™‚ On track. The weekends are not my rough days though- it is later in the week when the stress, fatigue, and food plans can get more challenging for me. Planning ahead to mitigate that though! Hope everyone has a good week.

Day 2= FD

Kitchen is closed for day 2!

No problem Violet. I like the data to be accurate.

Day 2 = IF 20/4

Have a great week! β˜•πŸŒž

@violet

Quote: “Day 1 was FD 18/6”

Sorry Violet. I’ve updated the file since our discussion on 16 September. I’ve added separate monitoring for IF. So new “codes” for intermittent fasting are:
    IF = IF 16/8 – 18/6 – 20/4
    FD = IF 22/2 – 23/1

There is an exception for Monabee, that you can also use:
    – IF 18/6 + max 800 calories = report FD
    – IF 18/6 + over 1.000 calories = report IF

Sorry if this is “too much complicated”. It’s only at the beginning, to be sure that we speak the same “language”.

If you agree with my coding proposal, please confirm for Day 1 if is IF (over 1.000 calories) or FD (under 800 calories). Or, as I said initially to Monabee, if you want a different system, just write daily one single option from IF / FD / WF / NFD (which fits you best) and that’s all.

β˜•

Thanks Adeline.
    Day 1 FD under 800 calls.

Day 3, NFD

My kitchen closed at 4pm.

Day 3 closed for me too. IF 23/1.

Day 3= FD

I also did 18/6 with a hearty salad at lunch, and a heartier meal at supper (Turkey taco soup with cheese and a side green salad- yum!) and it worked well for me. By implementing the fast times along with low cal and low carb- I can eat quite well in the pm and not feel deprived, and also keep calorie & carb intake lower. I’m really encouraged by the challenge and I know that has made a huge difference this week already πŸ™‚

Happy to hear, Monabee! 🌷

Optional: if you want, you can post your current weight on every Fri / Sat and I will update it to the file as “intermediary”.

Day 4, IF.
    I ate 2 meals in 28 hours and suspect the calorie total would have been more than 800. It less than 1000.

I intend to only weigh once a week so that sounds great Adeline.
    Sounds like everyone is travelling well, good to see. VP

Less than 1.000 in 2 meals / 28 hours sounds like an achievement. I will mark it as FD.

Thanks Adeline, I hadn’t planned it but that’s the way it panned out. VP.

Hi @adaline, still trying to get my head around all the different ways people fast. So wondering, why 1000 cals in 28 hours in a fast day? Just curious πŸ™‚

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 222 total)

You must be logged in to reply.