OCTOBER 2018 – Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
OCTOBER 2018 – Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 1,058 replies, has 73 voices, and was last updated by  Bellyblast 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 1,059 total)

• Day 7- Colorado USA- NFD

@flourbaby – haha! “Eat like EVERBODY is watching.” Perfect. Until you start talking to “them” too! 😆

Actually, a long time ago, I read an article about weight loss tips….Tips to make you more aware of what & how much you are eating, giving your brain a chance to register “you’ve eaten plenty!”

You know, stuff like: slow down by setting your fork down & taking a sip of water between each bite of food. Sensible suggestions……but one that I just couldn’t get myself to try:
    Stand a mirror up in front of your plate so you have to watch yourself eat. 🤔 That felt too weird & awkward, & made the test participants not want to eat at all…….Guess that was the whole point. It worked well on them because it felt like “everybody was watching” them eat.

I’ll let @flourbaby test this trick out for us & report back! 😜😃

Day 7 a damp and miserable Belfast NFD
    Just a quick check in.
    Forgot to do my planks yesterday. Double for me today?

Oops @flourbaby – you missed your big moment😦what did you invent?

Had a scone for lunch. What a disappointment. It’s true what they say… Anticipation is better than the real thing.

TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER

Day 7 USA (Illinois) NFD

Pretty good FD yesterday right about 750 calories. Will have egg “muffins” shortly to break my fast before heading to church to play piano with the praise team. Those muffins are a bake-ahead mixture of eggs with whatever you might put in an omelette. I use bacon, mushroom, cheese baked in muffin cups. They can be frozen for later use.

It’s damp and miserable here in IL also, @debster251. We’ve had so much rain, roads are closed in the region due to flooding.

@happymargo – those are all sensible suggestions, indeed. Thank you! And @flourbaby too!

Onward and downward.

Day 7, Brighton UK, MFD

I am afraid the MFD keto regime is getting old.

Still no signs of ketones and still no weight loss. It’s dispiriting, I guess I know it’s stress. I wish for just a little drop of the white stuff. Just a little shrinkage on the moustache tummy.

Hey ho, that’s life I suppose.

So it’s time to review, is there anything I am doing wrong? Is keto the right way to go. It’s awkward when even WFD doesn’t move much weight. This year is club tortwah all the way, I had such high hopes for 2018 which it hasn’t delivered.

This year I have had no ice cream or biscuits, I gave up bread and pastry completely. Although I had a slice of cake on a friends birthday and a tiny bit of chocolate. I have had 6 months of the year alcohol free and only August had wine drinking. I simply can not work out what I am doing wrong. At the moment I am on less than 20 carbs a day (keto). I have given up protein bars completely as they seem to spike my blood sugar.

Not a trace of a ketone anywhere, those little sticks are not responding.

I guess it’s good that my weight hasn’t increased but an average of 800 cals a day and 2 hrs of exercise isn’t sustainable in the long run. Although I am not hungry I am concerned about low nutrition. Where are those ketones?

Frustration today. Just because I guess.

Still like everyone who is within sight of target there is frustration.

Pocket list

@rainbowsmile MFD

Day 7, USA, CD

Good morning everyone! Thank you for hosting this month @debster251! Will you please add me to the spreadsheet? I’m a Johnny-come-lately again, but doing well on the program. Started September at 253 and weighed in today at 234.4, so down 18.6 pounds. Yay! I’m starting to look a little like myself again. I have cheekbones. 🙂

@rainbowsmile, you are most likely not doing anything wrong. One key to the Keto though, if that is your goal, is to be sure you are not eating too much protein. When you said that protein bars spike your blood sugar, that’s a clue. If you are getting a lot of protein, your body will just turn the excess into carbs anyway, which I know is disappointing when you’re keeping your carbs so low. You might try increasing your calories so that you’re getting more like 1100 or 1200 on average, increasing your fat and lowering protein a lot. If your carbs are low but you’re not in ketosis, the only possibility is the protein. I am no expert, but that would be my suggestion.

I asked my friend, who has been thin and very attractive forever to write down for me what she eats in a week. I wanted to get an idea of what weighing 115 (which is my goal) looks like on a daily basis. She’s about 5’3” and is 58 years old. It was really interesting. Some days she eats very little—400 calories or so, and some days she might eat 1600. I was fascinated to see that basically she does ADF. Her average calories were about 1100.

@RainbowSmilw – another thing to consider: if you are truly fat-adapted through low-carb or Keto eating, plus intermittent fasting….then you are using up those ketone bodies as fuel.

Meaning, the ketone pee-sticks work well when first adapting, because you flush out excess ketones in your urine. Once fat-adapted you no longer pee out ketones because your body is using them to run!

The pee-sticks become useless measuring devices. You aren’t peeing ketones, you’re go. Long them up as your fuel source. At that point, you would need to finger-prick to test your blood for level of ketones (just like checking blood glucose levels.)

@Rainbowsmile- another thing to consider: if you are truly fat-adapted through low-carb or Keto eating, plus intermittent fasting….then you are using up those ketone bodies as fuel.

Meaning, the ketone pee-sticks work well when first adapting, because you flush out excess ketones in your urine. Once fat-adapted you no longer pee out ketones because your body is using them to run!

The pee-sticks become useless measuring devices. You aren’t peeing ketones, you’re gobbling them up as your fuel source. At that point, you would need to finger-prick to test your blood for ketones (just like checking blood glucose levels.)

Hope that helps.

PS: I also agree with @onlyhermes – you may be eating TOO FEW calories. Constant deprivation WILL SLOW your metabolism. The key to this WOL is balancing fasting with feasting. Keep your body guessing!! And make sure you are eating enough healthy fats.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/

Day 7 NC USA NFD
    Just had 3 munkins for lunch. Not the best choice but less than a boston cream would have been. Hoping for a good FD tomorrow.

@Notherndawn, be my guest.

Day 7, Gozo, Malta, nfd

Today we had a three course meal for lunch. I prepared beef patties made with ground beef, onions, currents, cinnamon breadcrumbs, pine nuts, parsley, eggs and seasoning fried in sunflower oil and served with wedges of lemon as a starter. Then I prepared stuffed boneless quails with breadcrumbs, mushrooms, shallots and seasoning yesterday and baked them today brushed with orange marmalade and extra virgin olive oil, then I served them with a lemon juice, chicken stock parsley and creme fraiche sauce with jasmine rice spiced with ground cumin, cinnamon, turmeric, olive oil and sliced garlic. For dessert I bought an apple pie. We were eight adults and three grandchildren for lunch. I had two glasses of asti sparkling wine too.

This evening I’ll just have a yogurt and maybe a tiny piece of apple pie.

Onwards and downwards, stay strong friends.

Day 7 UK NFD

Forgot to use MO, not enough sleep or yoga or meditation. Felt disorganised & as tho playing catch up all day. Need to spend some time meditating and letting go of the events of the day, working to practice self-forgiveness rather than judgement.

Brought a gf seedy loaf to the bring-and-share lunch, and brought 1/4 home again! Going to slice & freeze – the remnant needs to last two weeks as no baking time til after conference weekend. Ate bread & cheese with a little roast beetroot. Tried green grapes again but finding them far too sweet, like eating a sugar cube. Going to stick with my berries, tart apples, clementines & occasional bananas. Resisted sweet treats but bought wasabi seaweed & peas on the way home – another carbtastic weekend.

Off to meditate and write a little, have a bath and get a super early night. tomrrow’s FD food set out in the fridge ready for OMAD. Need to practice proper self-care again, making it easier to make wise choices and be my better self! Here goes…

@shinything @debster251 thank you 🙂
    @onlyhermes great September, well done!
    @rainbowsmile nil desperandum x
    @flourbaby “Eat like everyone’s watching” – perfect!

A hug to all who are struggling, thumbs up to all who are doing just fine. Here’s to a good week, whatever shape it comes in x

@coda: If you are hovering…here is a special hug for you…..I hope things get better for you and you can find a way forward Re: family. ((Hugs))
    FD tomorrow…second week begins…

Day 7, NFD

Its been an ok day today food wise 🙂 . I do feel tired though.

@annemarilyn you are right, and I will try and remember how I ate while away and how I felt fine with it, so should be able to implement that WOE at home 🙂

@ciren2 I didn’t know that fact about postman 🙂 , we must try and change that mindset of associating home with eating!

@flourbaby yes, you said it well, we should eat like we would when we are out and about and away from home, I decided I will try and do that. I obviously CAN eat controlled without any effort away from home, so it CAN be done. Its all in our head 🙂

@Strawberriesandcream well done on selfcontrol, way to go! 😀

@happymargo the mirror thing is interesting and I wouldn’t have problem trying it, but unfortunately I tend to eat inbetween meals a lot when at home, like nuts and stuff, so that wouldn’t work I think 🤔

@rainbowsmile maybe you restricted too much for too long? Changing that a little might help, like eating things you don’t usually eat once a week, or every two weeks? In the book I read, The diet myth, the importance of variety of what we eat is mentioned quite a few times, and when I tried and counted the foods I eat I was quite shocked to discover that I eat the same food all the time 😮

@onlyhermes well done on your weight loss, way to go 💃

Have a great evening everyone 🌷

Day 7 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

It’s a healthy eating day. How good things taste after a fast day. I just need to remember to only eat until comfortably full and then stop. My stomach has shrunk & sometimes my eyes are bigger than my stomach. Today I did remember, listened to my stomach and stopped – even threw something away instead of finishing it.

One thing I’m very grateful for today, is my home. Last night I joined my son in being the overnight adults at the church while 2 homeless families slept at our church. It’s part of a nation wide Family Promise. In our city, it is the only emergency homeless shelter that is for whole families. There are about 12 – 13 churches who host a couple of families for a week – in the evenings and overnight. I’m learning more about it. They are so grateful for a warm meal and comfortable, safe place to spend the night. I came home able to take a warm shower and go back to church. It was nice to see one of the families join us as well. They, by the way, will be moving into an apartment Wednesday. The organization works to support the families throughout the whole process of re-entry into having a home, getting a job etc.

@missybear – good for you with an almost sober October. Your wanting better control without giving it up completely, must be quite the challenge. I was thinking though, that 5:2 is really about that – controlling but not giving up.

@Strawberriesandcream – good for you for taking control instead of buying into the lie of “oh,well I…. so I may as well…”

@songbirdme – I’ve made egg “muffins” once. They really are handy. Thanks for the reminder.

@rainbowsmile – I had a response to you but I think @happymargo and @shinything basically said the gist of what came to my mind. Your body may be responding as though you’re on a low-cal diet; hanging onto what you give it because you’re doing the same thing day after day instead of changing it up. Also, are you perhaps having some NSVs; maybe some things are fitting better than they were? I wish you well – for some encouragement.

@onlyhermes – Welcome back! 🙂

Glad we’re together on this journey!

USA Day 7 FD

Late to post today but I did read all the posts. It is always interesting to hear how everyone is adapting to this WOL. We do need to keep our goals, as well as create a way to move healthily forward when maintaining. I am changing my approach again. I didn’t drink any wine for a year and they did help me to stay away from any gains but I didn’t see that helping me lose!! I like to drink an occasional glass of wine and don’t want to permanently give it up, so I am going to try to find a way to safely incorporate it into my diet in a sustainable way. This week, I am going to try ADF to see where that brings me. Today was more first day and a FD. I had great success with it coming in at 455 calories. I’ve decided that on FDs I would not drink alcoholic beverages, which for me is only wine. I will drink them on NFDs, if I feel like I want it. I carefully measure all my food on both FDs and NFDs. It’s amazing how much you can eat when you measure. I had everything from fruit to a veggie salad with tuna, turkey bacon, kidney beans, crookneck squash, and egg white mushroom scramble. All that measuring was well worth it!

I want out and bought some protein pancakes and plan to have them (carefully measured) for breakfast tomorrow! 🙂 It seems to me that the only way I will maintain my weight loss is to find a way to incorporate all the foods I love into it. And, yes, there will be a (measured) glass of wine tomorrow on my NFD. I hope this works for me! It sounds good! 🙂

Hope you all had a great weekend!

Day 7, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Still busy. Catching up later. Hope everyone is doing well.

Have a good Monday! 😊😊😊

Day 7 Minnesota NFD

Yesterday’s planned CD came in under 800. Today eating up to TDEE of 1470 (for my goal weight of 145?ish) Maybe.

@rainbowsmile, I heartily agree with @onlyhermes about the excess protein being turned into glucose in your body. You have to have well over 60% fat intake if you want to keep your carbs so low. And @happymargo and @shinything have very good points. Maybe you need to “shock” your body and metabolism by doing something different than usual. Good luck! Don’t get discouraged, remember how far you’ve come and be proud. Use that for motivation.
    Hope to read more tomorrow. Won’t even try to fast tomorrow since my OH will be home on a day off.
    Good luck to all the fasters and those of us controlling our dragons.

Day 7 Ohio, US —- FD (#17)

The FD got moved to Sunday, since tomorrow I’ll be on the road, going up to Michigan. With all the rigors of a road trip, it seems like a good idea not to add one more.

@annemarilyn That’s great work your church does. Sounds like it is really needed in your community!

Time to take weekly stock of my monthly goals:

Being faithful to the 5:2 WOL — all fast days taken and completed.
    working toward an hour of physical activity a day — only 2 days meeting the minimum
    working toward getting 8 hours of sleep a night — definite progress, although most nights only got between 7 and 7.5 hours of sleep at night.
    limiting screen time a little — definite progress until the weekend — lots of movies!
    eating only my TDEE on NFD’s, probably not met — although I’m leaning more to just eating until comfortably full, and perhaps not worrying about the exact number.
    curtailing sweets/desserts — definite progress. I’m eating concentrated sweets only on the day after a FD, and staying low sugar on the other NFD’s.

Enjoy the new moon!

Day 8: Gloucestershire, UK: FD:
    Ready for work and distracting myself by using this forum instead of my usual NFD habit of eating a big bowl of porridge for breakfast. Off to do my (approx) 23,000 steps on delivery.
    @shinything: …that’s the reason postmen put on weight when they leave/retire!

Pocket list:if you’re fasting toady, just add yourself:

@ciren2

See you later.

Day 8 – Melbourne AUS – FD

Hi all! Monday FD was much needed after my icecream binge last night (cookies and cream, with crumbled flake chocolate on top….eeek!) but managed to have a very active weekend which was good. And it was lovely and sunny, spring has finally hit, so I’m feeling good overall.

Happy fasting everyone!

Pocket list:
    @ciren2
    @gretta

Day 8, Sydney Australia, MFD

Slipped and had fish and chips on Saturday…:( But decided to have a MFD today instead of my planned FD because hubby is going overseas on tomorrow! Have skipped lunch so far and hope I can do well for dinner tonight. I wonder if you guys have any tips for recovering from junk food binge?

Pocket list:
    @ciren2
    @gretta
    @heyheyceline (MFD)

Day 8, Emden Germany, FD

just a quick check in to add my name on the pocket list, will be back later after reading posts.

Pocket list:

@ciren2
    @gretta
    @heyheyceline (MFD)
    @rainbowsmile MFD
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 8: UK: FD

Back to it after the weekend – I had planned a FD but I ended up going to visit my family which involves going out for food. Weight is up slightly this week but I’m putting that down to T.O.M and associated painkillers and hoping to see a loss by next week!

Pocket list:

@ciren2
    @gretta
    @heyheyceline (MFD)
    @rainbowsmile MFD
    @snowflake56
    @lolastarr

Day 8 – – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Much needed FD today. Very busy weekend with family, Saturday was a day of sandwiches, sausages and cake…..but a great family time.
    I am very tired now however and would have loved today off ☹️
    I am only as far as Friday on the posts but I hope to catch up this evening after work.
    Have a great Monday everyone

Day 8 – Japan – WFD

I wasn’t going to fast today but I started anyway and it is working out. Habit can be powerful.

I’m not keeping up here … work is still out of control but getting better.

Day 8 Norfolk (UK) NFD

Well I’m not quite sure what happened to the weekend.
    Got caught up doing the first steps in making our homemade apple wine and cider.
    Yesterday we started it at 9:30 and didn’t finish clearing away til 6:30pm.
    Then had tea and just flopped – knackered!

But good news to start the week – 1.0lb weight loss from last Monday, so I’m happy.

Now about to tackle the job agencies and websites to find some work.
    My confidence is ebbing away and I need to boost myself back up.

Hope everyone has a good week. x

Day 8 – France – FD

Been gone for a few days but happy to be back. Fasting today after a not-too-excessive weekend. Good luck to all!

Pocket list:

@ciren2
    @gretta
    @heyheyceline (MFD)
    @rainbowsmile MFD
    @snowflake56
    @lolastarr
    @sparklyshoes

Day 8 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Another Monday, another FD 🙂

Pocket list:
    @ciren2
    @gretta
    @heyheyceline (MFD)
    @rainbowsmile MFD
    @snowflake56
    @lolastarr
    @sparklyshoes
    @missybear

Strength fellow fasters!

Day 8 Ireland FD

Think I relaxed a bit too much over the weekend in terms of food, so I am looking forward to today. Having 3 NFDs in a row at the weekend can undo the good work at the first half of the week. But its better I suppose to have eaten less overall over the course of 7 days. Think I am heavier than I was last Monday (day 1) so need to rethink the NFDs!!!

Day 8 – FD; Dublin, Ireland

Adding myself to today’s Pocket List:

@ciren2
    @gretta
    @heyheyceline (MFD)
    @rainbowsmile MFD
    @snowflake56
    @lolastarr
    @sparklyshoes
    @missybear
    @yellowandblue
    @moukinator

Day 8 FD London UK

Adding myself to the pocket list

Pocket list:
    @ciren2
    @gretta
    @heyheyceline (MFD)
    @rainbowsmile MFD
    @snowflake56
    @lolastarr
    @sparklyshoes
    @missybear
    @emma-taylor

Have a good day everybody. It’s cold in London.

Sorry. I managed to knock two people off the pocket list there, somehow. Wait

Please will somebody put @yellowandblue and @moukinator on the list for me? I’m being a bit useless….

Day 8, UK, ??

I’m sticking with my strategy of last week, overall it seems to be working with 2.9lbs eradicated in week one. And when I’ve talked about self-conscious – of course I mean sub-conscious, doh!

What a fabulous initiative @happymargo – very satisfying.
    @ccco – some good pre-planning going on there 🙂
    @matpi – being a bit of a TV addict myself, I bit the bullet and cancelled our Netflix subscription – there’s more than enough on freeview and catch-up. Watching two back to back movies last weekend that were a complete waste of 4+ hours was the trigger. Feels very liberating!
    @heyheyceline – just don’t beat yourself up, draw a line and move on. Don’t let one slip-up derail you.
    Was starting to wonder where you were @dykask 🙂 Now where’s @johnnyr I wonder???

Have a fabulous start to your week friends.

Adding myself to the pocket list
    Pocket list:
    @ciren2
    @gretta
    @heyheyceline (MFD)
    @rainbowsmile MFD
    @snowflake56
    @lolastarr
    @sparklyshoes
    @missybear
    @emma-taylor
    @moukinator
    @yellowandblue

😊

Me again.

Had this over the weekend and thought I’d share as it really helps me keep my calories down.

I use my stick blender to whip ice cold skimmed milk to the consistency of double cream. Had this on my “healthy” sponge pudding.

100ml double cream – 458 cals
    100ml whipped skimmed milk – 33 cals

Winner winner chicken dinner!

Day 8 London UK FD

I’m struggling to keep on the wagon this month. Life suddenly feels very overwhelming. Lots of factors, most are what we all deal with – family relationships, motherhood, life, money, career – but everything seems to have bubbled up to the surface at once. I’m seen as the “strong” one, the positive, can-do one who keeps it together and always with a big smile…and right now I just want to run away and hide.

One of the things that appeals to me so much about IM/5:2 is being in control. Recording meals, tracking numbers, seeing the outcome. It all balances out and it’s worked beautifully since I started this WOE and reached goal weight. But I’ve let it slide this month, so along with all the other reasons that are getting me down, I’m frustrated at myself for the Epic Face Stuffing that has taken place. The scales are still placing me in my maintenance range but “hips don’t lie” and my trousers are snug this morning! Ultimately I’m striving to feel strong and healthy and I don’t feel either of those right now.

I even found myself thinking about taking a break from this forum for the rest of the month! If that’s not a sure fire way to undo all the good work I don’t know what is. It doesn’t help that we go to Ireland on Thursday – Monday but that would be such an easy excuse to eat mindlessly for the next three days. Also, I’ve had plenty of trips over the past few months and managed to stay in maintenance range, so no excuses. It’s time to reset my mind-set. This may not be a brand new month but it is a brand new day!

Also @sarahbob my Jillian Michaels buddy, I’m sorry. I have totally dropped the ball on workouts and I’m embarrassed to say I didn’t even get to start Ripped in 30. I’m sorry. How have you found it. I will save it for November, and for the rest of this month I am going to go back to 30DS. I hope we can continue to train together regardless. I won’t leave you alone with scary JM again!

Really appreciate the support I’ve had on here, especially this month when I have been a flakey faster….you truly are very special network of people.

DAY 8 POCKET LIST
    @ciren2
    @gretta
    @heyheyceline (MFD)
    @rainbowsmile MFD
    @snowflake56
    @lolastarr
    @sparklyshoes
    @missybear
    @emma-taylor
    @moukinator
    @yellowandblue
    @beedoo

Day 8 Belfast FD

I awoke the sugar dragon with my scone and ended up eating 4 chocolate digestives ☹️. Back on the wagon today.

@rainbowsmile – I can’t add anything useful to the good advice posted as to why you’re stuck on a plateau, but I’m in awe of your self control.
    Welcome back @onlyhermes and congrats for that loss. You’re on the spreadsheet.
    @annemarilyn – what a wonderful initiative to support for homeless families.
    @ccco – what a great approach. I’m totally with you on moderation. I sometimes (but not always) drink when I go out or am in company but rarely now when I’m in the house. I’m a in a constant battle against the sugar dragon though, but am winning I think.
    @yellowandblue – I think many of us find NFDs far harder than FDs.
    Glad to see you pop in @dykask. Don’t work too hard.
    Good luck with your job hunting @claire-suzanne. Bulgarian Kefir is also a great cream alternative (thank you @shinything) I’m not sure of the calories but it’s great for gut health.

Adding myself to today’s Pocket List:
    @ciren2
    @gretta
    @heyheyceline (MFD)
    @rainbowsmile MFD
    @snowflake56
    @lolastarr
    @sparklyshoes
    @missybear
    @yellowandblue
    @moukinator
    @debster251

Sometimes deciding who you are is deciding who you’ll never be again”

@beedoo – you must have posted at the same time as me. Being a ‘strong’ woman is wonderful when things are good but can actually be part of our downfall when things go pear shaped. No, you absolutely have not let the side down at all. So what if your trousers are a bit tight. Take your foot off the pedal a little bit to take one pressure away. Enjoy your time away, try to keep some moderation (but under no circumstances beat yourself up if you don’t succeed)and come back refreshed. There is no such thing as failure here. That’s what the reset button is for. Take care my friend.

Day 8 UK FD

Second post

@debster251 Thank you so much for your kind post. You are so right, it’s hard to put aside the “strong” outward image and show that we are all vulnerable at times. I find this even with my husband when all he wants to do is support me. I told him a little of what I was feeling this morning. Just that quick 2 minute conversation snatched amongst the Monday morning mayhem helped me feel a little less like I’m drowning.

I will practice some moderation when we are away but plan on enjoying myself and working on resetting other areas of my mind.

I’m aiming for the next three days to be 800 calorie days. Still trying to find a balance since reaching maintenance and numbers aren’t my thing but this should help ahead of the trip.

I’m going to ask what I’m sure is a simple question to others…once we’ve reached goal weight and are trying to maintain it, how does one work out how many calories the allowance for that is? Is it simply TDEE? And if so what do we do on fast days to still get the health benefit of fasting? I’ll also ask this on the maintenance page, but I know there are some wise fasters here so hope someone has the answer!

Day 8 UK FD

Totally Carbatstic Weekend – think i just ate bread & cheese for pretty much every meal, unless it was toast & honey. No veggies xc tomatoes, 2 clementines and a few overly-sweet green grapes. Got overtired and hungry, opened fridge looking for instant food, felt too cold for the salad & not enough focus for cooking. Need to get into cold weather meal planning again – once i get through next weekend’s events.

Result – today I’m up 1.5kg, back modeling 3rd trimester wardrobe and feeling really sluggish. Which should be shocking but I’m so used to this WOL that I’m thinking “Easy on/easy off – better make today a WFD and get an early night” aka hitting the reset button. The numbers are a useful reminder when we’re doing unhelpful things, but we feel it too. And once we know stuff we can’t unknow. And boy do I know not all calories are created equal & carbs and sugar will puff me up like a hot air balloon.

My inbox has filled with urgent things but i’m going to go and do some yoga stretching & meditation anyway. My body needs balance and care, and it’s been rather neglected this weekend. Start as I mean to go on this week – gently! Definitely need to look after me, and the rest will hopefully flow.

@beedoo go gently, all the best things begin with good self-care x

Today’s Pocket List:
    @ciren2
    @gretta
    @heyheyceline (MFD)
    @rainbowsmile MFD
    @snowflake56
    @lolastarr
    @sparklyshoes
    @missybear
    @emma-taylor
    @yellowandblue
    @beedoo
    @moukinator
    @debster251
    @michelinme

Day 8- Colorado USA- 😃 FD 😃 !!

I ❤️ MONDAY FDs !!!

Sorry for shouting……but after weekend of NFD, it always feels SO GOOD to take a break & Fast.

Gives my body, tummy & guts a chance to “Rest, Relax & Rebuild.” Aaaahhhh.

Have a lovely week, Fellow Fasters.

Day 7 – UK – CD
    Day 8 – UK – FD

Good morning from an overcast and windy cumbria today but thankfully not too cold – I enjoyed the weekend – did a brilliant 9km walk/climb on Saturday afternoon which somehow ended up a feast day with a few glasses of red 🍷🍷 however Sunday was an alcohol free controlled day ready for today’s FD.

Pleased to report that in Week 1 of the October challenge I managed to stay alcohol free for 5 days – not quiet up with the Sober October group @happymargo @mia139 @flourbaby – great job abstaining in the face of such temptations – but am happy with that – Weight this morning 54.4kg so 1.3kg down for the first week, back into my maintenance range 💃

Went to see A Star is Born yesterday afternoon with some friends – We enjoyed it – there was some great music and singing!

Great job by all those showing a downward trend after week 1 – @happymargo @beththenew @claire-suzanne @Strawberriesandcream and sorry if I have missed anyone else out x

@fatbutnothappy – the challenge months is just a forum for those following the 5:2 WOL to have company and support along the way – we are an international group all at varying stages of our journey -some just starting, some sitting on a plateau, some in maintenance and some slowly but surely losing the weight and gaining health benefits – read the first post on page 1 by our host for more details and check out the spreadsheet – join us for the rest of October as “Together We Are Stronger” and posting daily is a great form of accountability if you are struggling.
    @michelinme – good to hear your DD got that job
    @rainbowsmile – That bath must have been bliss……… as others have said perhaps you are being too strict with your diet – Are you set on sticking with a ketogenic diet? I found this article interesting – perhaps it will shed some light for you – The 3 Biggest Mistakes People Make On The Ketogenic Diet
    https://medium.com/…/the-3-biggest-mistakes-people-make-on-the-ketogenic-diet-and…
    If you are not set on staying with that WOE what about going back to the basics of 5:2 and eating a healthy mediterranean style diet with 2 x 500/ 800cal FDs a week – Good luck with whatever WOE you choose but you should never feel deprived as it has to be sustainable in the long term……….
    @kaywesterman – have a fab time in Spain and Portugal – I have many fond memories of past travels through both countries
    @onlyhermes – hello – nice to have you with us again and great job with the weight loss
    @ciren2 – If I can give you hope – retirement does not mean gaining weight necessarily. I did the opposite after I retired by following this WOL I lost 3.5stones and have kept it off for nearly 2 years (2 yr anniversary in December) I have more time to be much more active in retirement – doing Pilates/Yoga/Aerobics and Hiking……basically enjoying life and no work stress……….
    @beedoo – try not to be too hard on yourself! Remember that you are staying well into your maintenance range!!!!!! You are pressing your RESET button by joining us on a FD today.
    I have been in maintenance for nearly 2 years now – I still try to fast twice a week and probably eat slightly above my TDEE on the other days so that I don’t lose anymore weight. I follow 16:8 WOE on NFD eating only 2 meals a day i.e. a late brunch/lunch and an evening meal (I have never been an early breakfast person!) on my FDs I eat OMAD to gain a longer fasting period of 36-40hrs hoping that that is enough for the health benefits. Hope this helps xx
    @happymargo – I’m with you – I do love a Monday FD – it’s like hitting my reset button for the week and setting my intentions out – I do a pilates and a yoga class on Mondays so find these help keep me motivated and in the right frame of mind too 🙏

Pocket list for Day 8:
    @ciren2
    @gretta
    @heyheyceline (MFD)
    @rainbowsmile MFD
    @snowflake56
    @lolastarr
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask (WFD)
    @sparklyshoes
    @missybear
    @yellowandblue
    @moukinator
    @emma-taylor
    @beedoo
    @debster251
    @michelinme
    @happymargo
    @beththenew
    @at

“When you arise in the morning think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive, to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love” Marcus Aurelius

Day 8, Gozo, Malta, mfd

Today I weighed at 69.3 kilos. I’m gaining and losing the same kilo and a half.

Today I prepared a chicken. Avocado salad with red pepper, onion, balsamic vinegar and salad leaves.

I’m babysitting and also ate a small sponge. So this evening though I made beef stir fry I’ll only have a yogurt to complete my fast day.

Have a great Monday everyone.

I have been missing in action. Life happened, but I am back.

Day 8 North Canton FD.
    Pocket list for Day 8:
    @ciren2
    @gretta
    @heyheyceline (MFD)
    @rainbowsmile MFD
    @snowflake56
    @lolastarr
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask (WFD)
    @sparklyshoes
    @missybear
    @yellowandblue
    @moukinator
    @emma-taylor
    @beedoo
    @debster251
    @michelinme
    @happymargo
    @beththenew
    @at
    @basyjames

it feels so good to be back

USA Day 8 FD

Did really well with yesterdays FD, so decided to do it again today, since I am not hungry. I planned today carefully and should come in with 632 carefully planned calories and no wine. I started the day with protein pancakes with turkey bacon, which I find to be really good. They are also rich in iron and calcium. I should have lots of energy till lunch and breakfast only came in at 185 calories. Measuring is really helpful for me.

list for Day 8:
    @ciren2
    @gretta
    @heyheyceline (MFD)
    @rainbowsmile MFD
    @snowflake56
    @lolastarr
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask (WFD)
    @sparklyshoes
    @missybear
    @yellowandblue
    @moukinator
    @emma-taylor
    @beedoo
    @debster251
    @michelinme
    @happymargo
    @beththenew
    @at
    @basyjames
    @ccco

Long list today! :
    Beedo: Good question. I am hoping that I will get good advice on maintenance when I am there from this site and the maintenance site. I am sure there will be some trial and error!

FD Day 8
    Florida

Well, it supposes to be my fast day but won’t. Had a terrible headache all weekend and feel like I need to eat. I did gain 3lbs on my last trip. 🙁 but hope to stay the same or walk it off on our trip.
    Hope everyone has a great month. See ya in Nov.

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 1,059 total)

You must be logged in to reply.