OCTOBER 2018 – Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
OCTOBER 2018 – Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 1,058 replies, has 73 voices, and was last updated by  Bellyblast 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 1,059 total)

• Hi everyone and welcome!
    How I love the first of the month – a new month, a new challenge. I have volunteered to host this month’s challenge which was started in May 2016 by @coda. This is a truly international forum full of people, some of whom have lost amazing amounts of weight, and others who are just starting their journey. Here, you will find support, friendship, advice, laughs, a shoulder to cry on, a space to air your frustrations and above all, no judgment. We are all in it for the health benefits and weight loss. Feel free to post your questions, rants, successes, moans in a truly supportive environment.

* Please start your post with the day of the month, where you are and whether you are fasting (FD) or having a non fast day (NFD). For example, my first post will be: Day 1, Belfast, FD
    * In your first post, please share a little information about yourself to help us all get to know each other; share as little or as much as you feel comfortable with.
    * Post as often or as little as you wish, but daily accountability has proved to have great success for many of those who post on this forum.
    * A pocket list is a list of people fasting on that particular day. It helps to know others are going through the same trials and tribulations!

Memory Jogger (shamelessly copied from @rainbowsmile!)
    IF Intermittent Fasting
    WOL Way of Life
    FD Fast Day (500 cals)
    MFD Modified Fast Day (800 cals)
    WFD Water Fast Day (Water only)
    CFD Controlled Fast Day (1200 cals)
    NFD Non Fast Day
    LFD Liquid Fast Day (liquids only)
    5:2 5 days NFD:2 days IF
    ADF Alternate Day Fast, FD, NFD
    DAFD: Day after fast day
    16:8 16 hours fast 8 hours non fast
    20:4 Warrior 20 hours fast 4 hours window
    B2B Back 2 Back (days of FD or WFD)
    OMD One Meal a Day usually 23:1 Or 20:4
    Feast Day: planned day of eating over TREE
    Refeed follow WFD B2B gradual increase in food
    DD, DS, DH Darling Daughter,Son, Husband
    OH, Other Half
    LOL Laughing Out Loud
    EFS Epic Face Stuffing
    Tortoise Club: (or Club Tor-Twah) for those looking weight very very slowly
    Pocket List: put in your pocket list for support
    Challenge: gauntlet thrown down for food or exercise
    Cruella: those pesky scales
    MFP: My Fitness Pal (app)
    Fitbit: recording for exercise wrist band
    Keto, way of eating that generates Ketones
    LC, Low Carb way of eating
    LCHF, Low Carb High Fat way of eating
    TDEE: Total Daily Energy Expenditure

I’ll post a copy of the spreadsheet in a day or so

Every journey starts with one small step.

Good luck!

Hello @debster251 I’ll be on the list for October…ever hopeful to get back on the wagon….if only I could find it, eh?

ccco USA

I just noticed that you have started the October Challenge (or at least set it up)! Thanks, Debster251, for doing this. I will be once again on the challenge in October. Love your opening paragraph. Very informative. 🙂

I am going to give October another try! I have been fasting still in September, albeit not quite as faithfully as when I check in daily. I allowed myself to get overwhelmed early with the number of posts and trying to keep up with everyone. I will not do that this time. I’m not rude, I’m not ignoring y’all, this is busy season at work and I may frequently just have to check in quick and read and not comment much, but reading and checking in are huge in my success!
    Thanks!

Hello! Can I join the October challenge please!? Need some motivation!

Hey everyone, count me in!

Hi all, count me in for October!

@debster251- thank you for hosting this month. Please count me in for the October challenge.

Hi Debster, Can I join in for October please.

thanks @debster251, I’m in, have to stay on track now I’m going to be in maintenance again.

Hello everyone, I’m in for October!

Hi, Add me in please,

thanks
    Jo

Hello people 😀
    I’m in, need a fresh start so I’m looking forward to the new beginning 🙂
    Thank you for hosting this month @debster251 💐

Hi all, count me in for October xx

Hi @debster251- thank you for hosting this month. I am looking forward to participating (for the first time!)

Hi debster251, I’ve just registered and hoping to join the October challenge?

thank you @debster251 for hosting the October challenge!

Pls count me in 🙂

A lively start already!
    Good to see you @ciren2, (That wagon’s always rumbling alongside to climb back on!). @ccco, @gretta, @foodfreedomgirl, @cateaus, @snowflake 56, @sparklyshoes, @fasterjo, @shinything, @missybear and Michelinme.
    @foodfreedomgirl – there’s no pressure to reply to all. This is your forum to use to your best advantage. We all dip in and out!
    A big welcome to @LolaStar, @eddie Anne, @wacm, @Raymondphillippe, @yellowandblue. You’ll find lots of support here!
    I’m away in the caravan at the moment and posting from my phone so I shall post the link to the spreadsheet on Monday when I get home.
    Looking forward to a productive month!

Day -3, Guildford UK

Count me in. October is going to be amazing. Thank you @debster251 for hosting.

Mari

October Challenge already…. just got used to September!
    I’m in please @debster251, got to keep up this momentum of solid fasting and you guys help, thanks also @debster251 for your dedication to the cause and taking on the hosting role.
    See you all in a few days.
    Good luck.
    Ta x

Hi. I just joined this website. Could you explain what the October Challenge is please? Thankyou in advance.

Hello!

Michigander here. I’ve been trying the 5:2 for 2 weeks now and haven’t lost anything yet. I believe it’s because I get too excited about fall foods and haven’t been tracking my NFD calories. I shall start doing that and hopefully get that fat movin out.

I’d love to join the October challenge!

Count my in mid-October is will be 10 months on this WOL and I am loving it. Couldn’t do this with out all of you.

Whatever lifts the corners of your mouth, trust that. Have a great weekend everyone.

Please count me in for October!
    @debster251 Thanks for doing the honors for the month.

Day -2, Guildford UK

All of this month I am MFD. Its part of my 8 week BSD to get back on track after breaking my foot and losing momentum. If anyone wishes to join me even if for a few days please do.

And if I miss a day through boilers, feet or exams, would the very kind pocket list fairy (I think I know who you are) kindly add me to the pocket for the day?

Day 1 will be day 9 of my MFD.

Hugs

Mari

Count me in @debster251

@claire Suzanne – if you read the first post at the top of the page by @debster251, she explains things. We basically commit to post daily to keep personally accountable.

Please count me in @debster251 – thanks.

Hi @debster 251 please count me in on the October challenge.

I am in @debster251.
    See you all here tomorrow for Day 1, a FD day for me. 🙂

Hi all……

I’ll be here in Oct.

Let’s see…….I live in Florida but from NY. I work full time at this point doing a little bit of everything. I’ve been married to my wonderful hubby for 20 some odd years. He’s a good egg, we have 2 boys 22 and 19. They still live at home but for all the good reason. The oldest is in the middle of house hunting and the youngest in college.

This has been my WOL life since Nov. 2016.I started at 165lbs….My lowest recorded weight was 127lbs. I’m up to 132lbs, but this blimp was me just trying to figure crap out. I was given a promotion at work and I work on the road so, it was hard for me to figure out how and when to eat when healthy options are not always available and packing a lunch is nearly impossible. But I’ve come to terms with that and now have a solid plan and it seems to be working.
    I have a wedding in Nov., and I’m trying my best to get back down to 127 where I feel my best!
    The craziest part of this WOL for me was the 4 months, I sat on plateau mountain. I am so happy that I sat there and would never change that part of the experience. I’m sharing this because our new members need to know that the sometimes it not always about the scale but what our bodies are doing.
    At 140lbs, my weight sat for 4 long months, no changes in my diet, following the 4:3 plan with a 16:8. Now, the amazing part is that even though my weight stayed the same. I lost 4 pant sizes, bought new underwear twice! This time happened to be my most dramatic change that ever occurred.
    So, please understand that mean ole Cruella is always the most truthful way of tell if this works!

Okay, I think I’m rambling now!

My nurse friend asked me where she could find scrubs. I said probably hanging out on the passenger side of his best friends ride!

Great to see many seasoned campaigners. Hello to @rainbowsmile, @dingping, @diana123, @matpi, @annemarilyn, @strawberriesandcream, @beththenew and @bert1802.

Welcome to our newbies: @keeper, @claire Suzanne, @pthomp.
    I’m looking forward to a fresh start tomorrow. I’ve just arrived home from a weekend away with OH and his girl, who totally led me astray! Drinking pear cider and eating marshmallows. . Well, I have to blame someone! Now I’m packing an overnight bag to go to a concert and stay over with a friend Will post an introduction tomorrow.

Oops sorry, forgot to say, @ClaireSuzanne. The challenge is your personal goal. You might decide to try to lose 2Lbs this month, or maybe more. It’s up to you. You use this site to try to keep yourself motivated. If you’d like a flavour of how it goes, try reading the first couple of pages of September’s challenge. Good luck!

@debster251 thanks so much for hosting, I would love to join but won’t use the spreadsheet.

I am on a 6 week reset. Fasting twice a week, exercising more, drinking less alcohol and trying to include daily yoga and meditation. My friends have motivated me to get on with this, unfortunately because they aren’t doing the same. Something seems to happen between 55-65yrs where it becomes ok to let things slide, I have lots of friends who have retired and then promptly gave up working at their health.

Welcome our new fasters, this WOL gets easier and easier and the forum is a wonderful help/

Thanks for hosting @debster251! Please count me in!😊🌼🌻

Please count me in. I’ve only just started on my journey but hopefully I will understand what I have to do!

Thankyou @debster251. Is it unreasonable to aim to lose 4lbs in a month?

@Caire Suzanne……. the great thing about 5:2 or IF, is it tailored directly to you, your needs and wants! There is nothing you can’t do well aside from a EFS, but those happen to on rare occasions.
    The basic idea is two have 2 500 calorie days and 5 TDEE days that’s it!!!
    Now, some who have been doing this a minute or two longer have adapted this WOL to suit them. I myself do a 4:3 combined with a daily 16:8, so to break it down I fast at 500 calories Monday, Wednesday and Friday but every day I eat with in a window of time.so, no food for 16 hours and I eat my abundance of calories in an 8 hour time fame!
    4 lbs in one month is a very respectable goal! You can do this!

I have some words of wisdom to help you along….

1. Do this WOL, as described you a couple months before you tailor it! This basic time frame will give you time to understand the true needs of your body as well as give your body time to adjust to the new you. It’s very important that you come to a understanding of your body to learn the difference between what it wants and it needs.

2. Chew gum

3. Don’t let you belly make all of your decisions. I tell everyone your belly wants instant gratification and does not want to work the way it was meant to. So, it’s going to get loud! It will stop after a while. If it growls, give it some water and chew gum.

4. Dig in your closet for something that is too small or go buy something to small….use that as an indicator of the diet working! That article of clothing will be your truth.

Good luck to you! You got this!

@debster251 thank you for hosting October.

Please count me in! See you all tomorrow.

I haven’t missed a challenge since May 2016 – and won’t miss this one!

Maintenance is my game, and our monthly forum people are the best support and joy!

My September Round-up Report & October Kick Off
    ————————————-
    ACTIONS:
    (1)- for August & Sept, I managed to “stick to the plan.” Hope to keep that ball rolling for October!
    Mostly 5:2 on Monday & Wednesday. For fun, throw in OMAD (one meal a day) on Friday’s also.
    Enjoy low carb, filling, satisfying foods. Never feel deprived.

(2)- Live by the mantras:
    — Cut back today…. Cut loose tomorrow!
    — Don’t deny, just delay

(3)-consistently walk daily with my doggy & do lots of weight lifting with my “100 Moves.”

RESULTS:
    August start weight = 161 lbs. / 73.2 kg
    Sept. start = 154.5 lbs./ 70.2 kg
    Sept. end. = 149.8 lbs./ 68 kg……What?!? I snuck down into the 140’s….just barely under the wire!
    October goal = 145 lbs. ….. I believe that’s do-able.

I’ll keep checking in to this thread, because you all are so charming & funny & motivating….and together we are stronger!!!

@debster251 — Thank you for being the Thread Wrangler for this month!
    So appreciate each member that offers to take up the reins & keep our wagon moving forward each month.

Please do not worry if you don’t see me updating the spreadsheet.
    I’m happy to keep a colorful calendar in my kitchen to keep me on track.

@rainbowsmile – good luck on the BSD modified FDs.

I also read the Blood Sugar Diet & trust Dr.Mosley to offer up a solid plan. Don’t think I could manage 800 calories a day for 8 weeks, but according to the book, Type II diabetics & those looking to drop weight quickly had good results.
    (I have better luck keeping strict Monday thru Friday, then enjoying a looser weekend including Date Night with OH.)

I look forward to reading your updates & celebrating your success!!

Hi @debster251, I’d love to be included in the October challenge please. I’ve read the forums and the monthly challenges have been inspiring but haven’t registered myself until today!

I re-read the Fast Diet book back in May and felt very motivated, I then followed 5:2 pretty strictly for 8-10 weeks, and was very pleased to lose around 10 pounds and could really notice a difference. Summer distractions and holidays have got in the way over Aug/Sep but I’m very keen to get back to it!

I tend to fast on Sundays and Tuesdays and have just done a 580 cal day, which was less tough than I thought it would be.

Good luck everyone with your October goals.

Day 1 FD country west Australia
    @debster251 thanks in anticipation for hosting.
    Been here doing 5:2 since November 2016.
    Did really well for many months and reached lowest weight for years.
    Then didn’t follow this WOL in a sane manner and gained a lot of weight due to terrible eating patterns and food choices.
    Been on and off this forum for some months now.
    September vanished in so many family crises and turmoils and friends’ deaths that I simply didn’t even use my computer for anything!!
    Hopefully things on a more even keel now though still trying to get a place in Aged Care for a relative who has deteriorated and can no longer manage at home. It’s difficult.
    HI to all old and new. Fingers crossed for a successful October 2018 – in whatever way that is.

Hi. Please count me in for the October challenge.

I got back from Greece. I was away too long, I got homesick. I didn’t gain weight while I was away, but I need to get back to the 5:2 WOL. I’m going to try to lose 2 kilos in October. I think that’s doable.
    Good luck all.

Day 1 FD country west Australia

Day 1 – Japan – WFD (#69 in 2018)

My goal this month is hopefully recover some control in my life. I’ve been a work zombie lately.

@debster251, I’m in for October. Huge thanks for hosting this month. I shudder to think of hosting, since I’m so non-tech and I feel I’m poor at cheering people on. You are appreciated by people like me!

Day 1, FD, South Island New Zealand
    Aim to work on my three mantras this month:
    Water, exercise (10,000 steps), and sleep. If I get these right then I find I make the right decisions regarding food and can easily cope with Fast Days.

Day 30 Massachusetts USA NFD @debster251 Please count me in for October and thanks for hosting. All if you are helpin me to hold steady at 114 pounds for the last three months (I’m a small person!)

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 1,059 total)

You must be logged in to reply.