OCTOBER 2018 – Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
OCTOBER 2018 – Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 1,058 replies, has 73 voices, and was last updated by  Bellyblast 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 1,059 total)

• Excited to join the challenge and begin the 5:2 way of life….thank you for having me!
    Fast days Monday and Thursday this month…focusing on drinking water and exercise, too.
    Harrisonburg, Virginia USA

Thanks for hosting! Had a plateau in September — no lbs lost/.4 lbs gained, so excited to stay the course in October and see if I can break through it.

Day 1: Gloucestershire, UK: FD

Pocket list for today: If you are fasting, copy and paste and add yourself.
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @wacm
    @ciren2

Day 1: Leeds UK: FD

Morning! Nice to meet you all!

Decided to give 5:2 another shot after trying out a few different ways of losing weight (16:8, keto, etc.) Trying to lose as much as possible before a climbing holiday on the 21st so aiming for ADF until then.

Current weight: 169lbs

Pocket list for today:
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @wacm
    @ciren2
    @lolastarr

Day 1 – UK – FD

Thank you @debster251 for hosting the October Challenge – apologies for my lack of contributions in the September challenge but looking forward to joining in this month and catching up with many “old timers”

I start this challenge above the top of my target range……..for the first time since reaching it in December 2016………..today’s weight is 55.7kg only 0.7kg above my target range of 53-55kg so planning on starting this challenge month with a FD today and joining the Pocket list for support

Will introduce myself to those new to the challenge later today when I have more time to post but wanted to set my intentions in writing for today to keep me motivated and strong

Pocket list for today:
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @wacm
    @ciren2
    @lolastarr
    @at

Day 1 UK FD 1st of B2B2B2B

Hey everybody. The start of a new month and hopefully a good one for us all. 🤞

I’m going away for a few days over the weekend so I am planning on doing MFDs (800 cal) Mon- Thurs this week. Hoping I can reset myself after my EFS (epic face stuffing)weekend & lose some of the bloat. Then back to 5:2 or 4:3 next week depending on how much damage I do over the weekend…obviously none as I will be on my best behaviour! 😉

I start Ripped in 30 today. Let’s get ripped @beedoo lol 💪

Pocket list for today:
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @wacm
    @ciren2
    @lolastarr
    @at
    @sarahbob 1st of B2B2B2B

Day 1 – France – FD

Thanks Debster for hosting! Hello to the new people as well as the familiar “faces”:-)

A fresh exciting month begins.

On September 1st I weighed 62.0 kgs
    On October 1st I weighed 61.4 kgs, hardly a massive loss!
    My goal of losing 2 kgs in September, despite a good bit of effort, was a bit ambitious apparently. I am a tortoise and will have to live with that.

I have revised my goals downwards. My goal for November 1st is to weigh at least a pound less than I did on October 1st. I don’t mind how slow my progress is (although it is frustrating!). Slow and steady wins the race, I keep saying to myself.

Pocket list for today:
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @wacm
    @ciren2
    @lolastarr
    @at
    @sparklyshoes

Day 1 NSW Australia NFD
    (5.45pm Monday)

Hi everyone and warm welcome to all the newbies!

I’m a young 66, married to a delightful OH – we share 3 grown up children and 3 grandchildren. We live on the east coast of Australia in a rural country town, one hour from the ocean.
    I work one day/week in a medical centre.

I started this WOL on 1 October 2017 at 82.5kg, so today is my first anniversary and I’m very happy with this WOL. I’m 159cm and currently weigh 73.6kg – next stop 70kg, then ultimate goal 65kg, then maybe lower 😉. My weight has an approximate 1kg range that varies each day ie from 74 down to 73kg, depending on the carbs consumed and water retained! I find a slow and steady pace suits me just fine – the slower I take it off, the more likely I’ll keep it off, so I’m a member of Club Tortoise 🐢!
    I’ve usually given up other ‘diets’ after about 3 months because I don’t like counting calories or restricting food on a daily basis. This way of life suits me just fine – it’s so flexible and easy to follow; and the advice, support and encouragement on this forum is outstanding!

I had a tough personal time from July to September, for many reasons, and look forward to getting back on track this month!

I look forward to sharing our experiences in October, and wish each of you every success in your endeavours!

Enjoy whatever you are getting up to and bye for now!

Day 1 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Oops the indulgences of the past week showed on the scales today, up 5 lbs from 1st September!!! Ordinarily I would not have weighed in before doing some damage repair FDs but as it’s day one of a new challenge I had to. So I’m a bit over my goal weight this morning……..better get back on track quickly.

Quick check in as I have to go out. Happy new month everyone 🙂

Day 1, UK, ?

Pleased to see the back of September. Having gone on holiday August 30th and enjoying 12 wonderful days in France, got back home and for various reasons totally lost any kind of self control (apart from running 3 times a week – Couch to 5K). I didn’t join in the September challenge – again for various reasons but including that I didn’t feel I was going to be able to contribute anything positive to the forum. Pleased to be back and in an effort to stop the self-sabotage, my only goals for this month will be to achieve 2 fast days each week and stick to TDEE or under on NFDs. I’d rather not go onto the pocket lists as even that is a self sabotage trigger, so forgive me for adding a new variation – the ? – and I will report the next day on what I achieved. Anything’s worth a try!!

Glad to be back with old friends and look forward to getting to know newbies. This WOL absolutely works and is sustainable so long as one actually does it!

Day 1 – FD; Dublin, Ireland

Hi everyone,

good to be back for another month’s challenge, sorry I missed the end of September but I was away for work.

September was a bit chaotic, but despite that I am happy to say that this morning I weighed in at 70.5kg, which means I have managed to not only shed the summer holiday weight, but also didn’t gain any weight on my business trip despite not sticking to the 5:2 regime.

Fiance and I both agree that October will be a reset, back to basics month. We aren’t planning to go anywhere and won’t have any guests either to disrupt our routine. The same happened in July and I managed to drop 2kg just by sticking to the 2 FDs every week. Fingers crossed we have the same success this time!

Good luck to everyone fasting today!

Day 1 Pocket List:
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @wacm
    @ciren2
    @lolastarr
    @at
    @sparklyshoes
    @moukinator

Day 1 – Netherlands – MFD

Hi. Newbie here.

A fresh exciting month begins.

On October 1st I weighed 101.3 kgs
    My goal of losing 2 kgs in October.

I live in the southern part of the Netherlands. Children have flown out.
    Our son is coming over from the UK today and will be leaving for a holiday to spain with his mother/my wife for a week.
    That gives me a whole week to reboot myself.
    Fasting, going to the gym, getting enough sleep are all on my list.

Happy fasting!

Pocket list for today:
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @wacm
    @ciren2
    @lolastarr
    @at
    @sarahbob
    @sparklyshoes
    @missybear
    @strawberriesandcream

Day 1, UK, FD

Nice to see familiar faces, welcome back everyone 🤗 . And welcome all new faces too , good to have you in the challenge! 😀

I am travelling today, so I will have to see how my FD goes since I can’t make my own food. It will have to be some salad I guess 🤔 . I will have to properly introduce myself as soon as I get a chance, I will be busy tending to some family matters.

@arelkade happy anniversary! 🎉 🎈

Do we have a spreadsheet yet @debster251? 🙂

Have a great day everyone 🌸

Pocket list for today:
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @wacm
    @ciren2
    @lolastarr
    @at
    @sarahbob
    @sparklyshoes
    @missybear
    @strawberriesandcream
    @shinything

Day 1, Guildford UK, day 9 of MFD

Well another month. Thankfully finished at my start of broken foot day. Big, big circle! I am a big WFD fan, mainly because I have no loose arm skin and almost no loose leg skin despite being a massive 55 lbs down on my start in October 2016 (although I lurked the board until in June 2017) when encouraged by this month’s lovely host @debster251 I joined the challenges. This WOL has also brought my blood sugars to normal and my thyroid now functions too!

I am more of a lot of weight falls off then I plateau, sort of girl. I love woooooooshing.

Despite doing 9 days of WFD in August 2018 I put on 3 lbs, because I broke my foot on 21 August.

I exercise loads and being sedentary hasn’t suited me. A difficult abusive late marriage saw a once always slim lass 75lbs heavier. But I am on my way with this WOL.

I am the owner of a HP moustache tummy, that being my tummy is the shape of the famous Belgium detectives facial hair. That tummy isn’t shifting and it stops me from wearing my cuter clothes, the dreaded white stuff leaves my body everywhere else but not there. Funky huh! There might even be an embryonic 6 pack under there, who knows.

I dance jive and I miss it. I am also doing a law course for 3 years, started year 2 despite failing 1 of my 5 exams, they are letting me resit. I also am self employed as a tax consultant.

Off to the physio to find out if I can run again.

In the meanwhile @strawberriesandcream and @at, don’t you ever ever dare disappear again (warns with a big smile)! This lady and others here fret about you, and if you are ever ever ever down or overwhelmed this is the place to be. I don’t know how I would have coped without you all here, please return the favour and take some rainbows into your life.

So dedicated to you and all of my lovely challengers including all the newbies to this WOL. This is my special song. When I get low or can’t cope I play it

https://www.google.co.uk/search?safe=active&client=tablet-android-samsung&ei=9euxW_LuAYaRgAb09ZGQAQ&ins=false&q=strong+song+leeanne&oq=strong+song+leeanne&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-serp.3

Strong

Together we are stronger

Mari

Post 2, oooooops

Pocket list for today:
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @wacm
    @ciren2
    @lolastarr
    @at
    @sarahbob (Day 1 of b2b2b….
    @sparklyshoes
    @missybear
    @strawberriesandcream
    @shinything
    @rainbowsmile MFD

Mari

Hi. Day 1 London Uk. FD

Adding myself to today’s pocket list
    Pocket list for today:
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @wacm
    @ciren2
    @lolastarr
    @at
    @sparklyshoes
    @missybear
    @strawberriesandcream
    @shinything
    @rainbowsmile MFD
    @emma-taylor.

Day 1, post 2

I seem to have disappeared from the Pocket List:

Pocket list for today:
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @wacm
    @ciren2
    @lolastarr
    @at
    @sparklyshoes
    @missybear
    @strawberriesandcream
    @shinything
    @rainbowsmile MFD
    @emma-taylor
    @moukinator

Day 1, Surrey (UK), FD

So, here we go again. Trying once more to reach that elusive 150lb goal. This morning’s weight showed 154.6lb, not only a hefty 3.6lb above my lowest reached briefly last month, but also the wrong side of the door to 10-stone-something land….again. It’s hard sometimes to keep the morale up, in the face of Cruella’s cruel sneers. It’s not as if I had an EFS weekend either – in fact I had a mini-fast (24h) Friday – Saturday, and I took part in a 5k park run, too. Maybe I’m gaining muscle (don’t laugh!)? I have been weight training recently and upping my exercise levels generally, in an effort to maintain strength. That might account for it. Whatever, the message is to keep on keeping on! Hold my hand please, kind people, through this FD – I need your virtual support today!

Adding myself to today’s pocket list
    Pocket list for today:
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @wacm
    @ciren2
    @lolastarr
    @at
    @sparklyshoes
    @missybear
    @strawberriesandcream
    @shinything
    @rainbowsmile MFD
    @emma-taylor
    @fatfingers

Day 1 – Michigan, USA – FD

Hello friends,

I’m a college student who is well versed in emotional eating. Looking forward to getting to know you all and immersing myself in this WOL.

Pocket list for today:
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @wacm
    @ciren2
    @lolastarr
    @at
    @sparklyshoes
    @missybear
    @strawberriesandcream
    @shinything
    @rainbowsmile MFD
    @emma-taylor.
    @moukinator
    @fatfingers
    @keeper

Day 1 Norfolk (UK) NFD

Hi all
    Just starting on this journey so hopefully I’m doing these posts correctly.
    Current weight is 141.8lbs. I would like to lose 4lbs this month if possible.
    My motivation for getting myself sorted is my wedding in July next year.

Day 1, Finland, NFD

Joining once again the monthly challenge. Thanks @debster251 for hosting October.
    I am a member of Club Tortoise…lost 5kg since joining this WOL at the start of the year. I have changed my fasting days to Tuesday and Thursday.

Good luck for October everyone!

Day 1– Colorado USA – FD

Always look forward to my Monday FD after the weekend of freer eating.
    My gut is ready for a rest…… A tummy time-out!

I’ve been having good success with 4:3…..Mon/ Wed/ Friday as FD’s. I do Tues & Thurs. as 16:8 (simply skipping breakfast.). Then loosening up a bit & enjoying my weekends (breakfast? Yes please!) and Date Night out.
    I’m always careful to avoid wheat/ grains & all sugar/ sweeteners are banned (Do NOT want to wake up that dragon! 🐉🐲)

Set a 5 lb weight loss goal for October. I’m getting closer to goal weight, so that may be a stretch to reach, but I’ve already written it down….so now I have to make it happen!! 😄👍🏼

Day 1, Emden Germany, NFD

Hi old friends and a very warm welcome to my new friends!

My journey so far:

I’m Dutch (from Limburg), 62 years old and recently retired. I never had any weight problems and always was a stable 56 kg until 6 years ago when I started a new job as a practice manager. My weight got more and more due to ice cream and sweets, it was 72.9 kg December 2016. In January 2017, weighing 70.9 kg, I decided something had to be done and started to lose weight on my own. Started 5:2 at the beginning of February. From March on I joined the challenges. It worked very well, the weight just fell off, the support I got here was amazing. I reached my goal being 56 kg on March 29th 2017 and maintained until July this year when I left the challenge. Without support my weight crept up again. Lost the excess weight during the September challenge. This morning my weight is 56,7 kg, I’m back in maintenance again. My goal is to keep my weight in the range of 56-58 kg, below this weight I think I’m too thin. My DH started at 80.9 kg last month, he went down to 78 kg. This morning his weight was 77.4 kg, he wants to lose another 2.4 kg.

@raymondphilippe hi, in what part of Limburg are you? Most of my family lives near Born. Are you Dutch or British? Hoye!

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 1 NC USA FD

Lost 9 lbs last challenge in September, hoping to do at least half as much this time.

Pocket list for today:
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @wacm
    @ciren2
    @lolastarr
    @at
    @sparklyshoes
    @missybear
    @strawberriesandcream
    @shinything
    @rainbowsmile MFD
    @emma-taylor.
    @keeper
    @beththenew

Day 1, London, UK, NFD

@debster251, thanks for hosting this month, I would be lost in a carb avalanche without these monthly challenges, you know???!!!!

Starting this challenge at 160.2lbs (again!!!) having flirted with 153, become bosom-buddies with 157 and now having given myself a stiff telling off, I’m ready to stick to the basics of 5:2, stay Sober-for-October, drown that carb dragon in water rather than red wine and stick to 30 Day shred without rewarding myself afterwards!!!!!

Welcome newbies………………. Best ……………………decision ……………………..ever!!!!

Last months’ newbies are this months’ veterans (I did NOT say oldies!!!) You’ll be sharing the wonders of your 1st challenge with this months’ newbies, no doubt with the emphasis on ………………….Don’t panic, you are not starving!!!

Good to hear from @at, @coda & @strawberriesandcream ………………………… you scared me there for a bit, thought we’d lost you!!!!!!

Keep on keeping on people, and remember we’re ALL holding your hands through this!!!!

Day1 Belfast FD

Well here we are starting a new month; how I love a fresh start. For us Northern Hemispherites🤔 if there is such a word, we are roller coasting into autumn. The days are getting shorter and colder. For you lucky bods in the Southern Hemisphere, summer beckons.

I’m an active 63yo retired primary school teacher. I have been doing this WOL for quite a while. I won’t bore you wish the details. I lost weight fairly quickly at the beginning, but I quickly joined the tortoise club. But I got there eventually and am pleased to say I am maintaining now but may decide to lose a little more at some stage. I don’t want to get too wrinkly!
    Hello to @bellyblast, @Redrockgirl, @sarahbob, @songbirdme, @happymargo, (love the idea of being a thread wrangler!) @lilymartin, @EmmaTaylor, @dykask, @northerndawn, @mogaman, @kpdino50, @Shimera, @lolastarr, @at, @sparklyshoes, @moukinator, @kerryn73, and apologies for anyone I’ve missed.
    @shinything I’m just off to fire up the laptop to do the spreadsheet. I’m chasing my tail after being away for the weekend!

For those just starting the link below answers quite a few questions.
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Pocket list for today:
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @wacm
    @ciren2
    @lolastarr
    @at
    @sparklyshoes
    @missybear
    @strawberriesandcream
    @shinything
    @rainbowsmile MFD
    @emma-taylor.
    @keeper
    @beththenew
    @debster251

A thought to finish this first post. If you ‘only’ lose 1/2 lb a week that amounts to 26 lb a year. WE CAN DO THIS!

Day 1 UK FD

Hello old friends and welcome newbies, look forward to getting to know you. Thank you @debster251 for hosting October’s challenge, and @daffodil2010 for holding September 🙂

I’m F54 with adult DD. I put on weight in three chunks over 11 years – longterm health issues caused reduced mobility, stopped smoking and hormone changes. This time last year I felt as tho there was a fat suit between me and the world, and between me and me. Some things can’t be changed and other things can. So I decided to eat my fat suit! I began 5:2 on 1Dec 2017 weighing 178lbs/81kg with initial goal of 140lbs/63kg, since revised to a range of 133-140lb/60-63kg. I’ve been on a plateau around 145lb/65kg since July, complicated by slow recovery from serious pneumonia & pleurisy 3 months ago.

Very cheered by @bert1802‘s post end September about her wonderful time on plateau, when weight stayed the same but sizes dropped off. As long as we stick to 5:2 our bodies are doing something healing – whether weight, inches or decluttering our insides 🙂

So I finished Sept with an EFS of fresh seedy oat bread & butter, baked camembert & a whole small cauliflower and a large handful of dates. (Moral of this story – don’t eat really late or when v tired or bake when both of the above) Somehow began today back at 145lbs, right where I started September. Not gained, learned a fair bit during the month, that’ll do me.

Goals for October – daily yoga & meditation & good sleep routine, careful morning & evening routines and gentle daily planning. Plus Monday WFD and Thurs FD! I’ve got bit event in two weeks and hoping good self-care will get me through to the rest time the other side. I’ve not got the energy or focus I might wish for, but I can work smart with what I have. Esp if I don’t get distracted into tired habits – staying up to watch TV, late night EFS or skipping the helpful things!

Wishing you all a good and helpful challenge. Whether you drop in for accountability or stop and chat, we’ve got each others’ backs and together we are stronger!

Pocket list for today:

@lilymartin
    @dykask
    @wacm
    @ciren2
    @lolastarr
    @at
    @sparklyshoes
    @missybear
    @shinything
    @rainbowsmile MFD
    @emma-taylor.
    @keeper
    @happymargo
    @beththenew
    @debster251
    @michelinme

Day 1…….Florida…..FD

Happy October!
    I’m starting the month out at 132lbs, hope to lose 5lbs and get back down to my lowest of 127lbs. That would be about 1lb a week! Very respectful goal, I think!

Odd thing happening today, I have the day off and the house to myself with no plans to go any where. Last night, we dropped my husbands car of to the mechanic, it’s leaking oil really bad and neither the DH or our oldest can figure out where it coming from. So, the DH has my girl (my truck) for the next couple days while I will have the beast. The beast is my oldest kids 1976 Ford 150, he’s not to bad to drive but he does take a minute or two to get the idle adjusted before he’ll run good. I guess that’s what happens when you have an manual choke. No jumping in and going anywhere.
    Since sunny Florida is going to have record breaking heat again today, I think I’ll just stay home where the A/C is……lol
    Okay, sorry, it’s an odd day because normally when I have off a day during the week, one of my boys stays home with me and keep me company. I have no idea how, I got this one in without anyone noticing! Lol
    Plans for the day, finish Mount Washmore, put it all away, make veggie soup, binge watch YouTube and fight Matilda!
    Cauliflower rice for lunch, veggie soup for dinner…..FD made easy!

Okay well, I must start my day….. a cup of coffee and a few videos!

A nurse friend asked where she could find scrubs, I said probably hanging on the passenger side of his best friends ride……

Day 1 – FD, UK

@debster251 – Thanks for hosting and please count me in!

Pocket list for today:

@lilymartin
    @dykask
    @wacm
    @ciren2
    @lolastarr
    @at
    @sparklyshoes
    @missybear
    @shinything
    @rainbowsmile MFD
    @emma-taylor.
    @keeper
    @happymargo
    @beththenew
    @debster251
    @michelinme
    @fivetwofan5252

I am going to be away in the middle of October, so my apologies for when I go silent!
    I will definitely be eating and drinking loads and therefore I won’t be logging in during that time!

I lost 2.8LBS in September. Hope I can do the same this month and then I will be back at my target weight…

Catch you later folks! I’m starving today – need to go and drink some water :))

SECOND POST

@debster251 – please is there a google spreadsheet this month?

Apologies if I am being blind? I can’t find a link……! XX

Day1 UK FD

Can someone please dd me to the pocket list as I can’t do it on my phone.

Welcome to the newbies, I was a newbie last month.

Jo

Day 1 USA (Illinois) – NFD

Thanks @debster251 for taking the reins this month! Terrific to see so many returning friends, and welcome to the newbies. You will NOT regret your decision to go with our WOL.

I began 5:2 in March 2016 and lost 35 pounds in the next 9 months. I started at 195 pounds, and at age 68 then, I am content to be at 160#. I’ve been on maintenance (generally 6:1) since January 2017. Over time more and more people noticed my weight loss, and a whole new wardrobe is the wonderful outcome.

I’m a retired school music teacher who is still very active in the music world directing a townspeople Choral Society and doing private piano lessons. Four grown children are scattered across the USA, and OH is a retired Christian minister and college teacher. Five granddaughters with the hope of maybe a grandson someday?

This group of bloggers is the best in the whole wide world.

Onward and downward.

Day 1 Ireland FD

New to this, no idea how to add to pocket list, will try sort it all out as days go on!

USA Day 1 FD

Hello everyone! Nothing like starting the new month’s challenge with a FD! Good luck, everyone!@lilymartin
    @dykask
    @wacm
    @ciren2
    @lolastarr
    @at
    @sparklyshoes
    @missybear
    @shinything
    @rainbowsmile MFD
    @emma-taylor.
    @keeper
    @happymargo
    @beththenew
    @debster251
    @michelinme
    @fivetwofan5252

A big list to start the new month off well!

USA Day 1 FD

I forgot to add my name to the list when I cut and pasted it! Hello everyone! Nothing like starting the new month’s challenge with a FD! Good luck, everyone!@lilymartin
    @dykask
    @wacm
    @ciren2
    @lolastarr
    @at
    @sparklyshoes
    @missybear
    @shinything
    @rainbowsmile MFD
    @emma-taylor.
    @keeper
    @happymargo
    @beththenew
    @debster251
    @michelinme
    @fivetwofan5252
    @ccco

A big list to start the new month off well!

3rd post

Tidying up from last month

@annemarilyn you know you have been FB hacked when you log into FB it logs you out and asks you to take certain actions, basically they up your security and change settings. So they tell you.

@beedoo my long poo post went into the great lost posts of all time, I can’t find it. Must be in the old post graveyard. I will redo this month.

I was asked has the ex seen the new Mari revenge bod? Answer is as far as I know: no, I stay out of his way. Peeps have seen him and I saw his footprints in my garden. But I haven’t seen him nor as far as I am aware he me since August 2017 the divorce hearing.

I have added you @yellowandblue welcome btw to the monthly challenge. I just copy the previous list and then paste it! I don’t know of any other way.

Pocket list
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @wacm
    @ciren2
    @lolastarr
    @at
    @sparklyshoes
    @missybear
    @shinything
    @rainbowsmile MFD
    @emma-taylor.
    @keeper
    @happymargo
    @beththenew
    @debster251
    @michelinme
    @fivetwofan5252
    @ccco
    @yellowandblue

Mari

Me again
    Can anyone help me out please? I have the spreadsheet prepared but can’t find the option to share a link. I tried on the laptop then tried emailing it to myself and trying it on the iPad but have the same problem.
    The last time I did this I had no problem at all!

Day 1 – Ireland – NFD

Back from holidays and a stonking 9lbs heavier and 3 extra inches on the waist…and today is still a NFD. Back to work tomorrow, will have my first FD tomorrow in weeks…..

Then on Thursday my sister and her family arrive from the USA and will stay with us for a week so will find it hard to do FD’s while the gang are here. I am not worried or upset by the huge weight gain – I seem to average around a 10lbs gain each holiday I have. I am hoping that the easy on and easy off theory works for me.

@debster251 I will have a look at the spreadsheet

USA Day 1 FD
    Second Post

While not about weight loss, my daughter just sent me a video about a new online scam involving what appears to be Amazon purchases but is not real. You get an email telling you that your order didn’t go through. Then, you are told to put your personal info in, including credit card info, and push save. Once you do that, it will send you directly to the true Amazon site but your info will have been stolen. The recommendation is that if you get such an email, go to your personal Amazon account and check first. Don’t click on anything in that email. It really is a pity how many people are out there trying to steal!

Day 1 2nd post

How rude of me not to say Thank you to @debster251 for hosting this month’s challenge – I am most grateful as always! Let me introduce myself as well: I’m a 57yo female, just over 5’7″ height, waist/height ratio 0.45 and BMI currently 23.5 – so just about OK now on all the standard measurements. I’ve come a long way though. A year ago, I weighed about 200lbs. Today, I’m 155lbs, with just 5lbs to lose to get to my goal – which is the weight I was when I got married, 27 years ago. And I’m almost there! I owe it all to this fantastic WOE. Over the 1st 9 months, I’ve lost a steady 1-2lb per week, just from following the basic 5:2 advice. The last 2 months have been harder though. My weight has fluctuated between 156lb and 151lb, in part due to holidays and disrupted eating patterns, but also in part due to building muscle through weight training, which my personal trainer confirmed today – yipppeeee! Gosh I needed that good news boost!

Somehow I fell off today’s pocket list – oooops! Adding myself & Moukinator back on!

Pocket list
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @wacm
    @ciren2
    @lolastarr
    @at
    @sparklyshoes
    @missybear
    @shinything
    @rainbowsmile MFD
    @emma-taylor.
    @keeper
    @happymargo
    @beththenew
    @debster251
    @michelinme
    @fivetwofan5252
    @ccco
    @yellowandblue
    @moukinator
    @fatfingers

To share the spreadsheet click share under File menu. link has picture of menu opened.
    https://www.lifewire.com/sharing-options-for-google-spreadsheets-3124090

Day 1, Cornwall UK, FD

Back again for another challenge. I think we are twins @fatfingers, although you are a little ahead of me. I am 72.6kg, also down from over 100kgs about a year ago. And also struggling to get the last 6-8kgs off. I stick to the standard 5:2 plus plant-based Mediterranean diet and the weight loss has slowed from about 2kgs a month to around 1kg (sometimes less!). So I just tell myself, ‘so what’ – if it takes 6 months to get to target, so what? Better than the weight going up and feeling bad about myself.

I have a new yoga teacher and its just sublime – I come out of my weekly class feeling a new person – and amazed at what I can do a year on from starting. My body is completely different. What a revelation – have to remind myself about these things when non-fast days become sourdough feast days. I have decided I have to give up the sourdough bread for a while. Apparently most sold in supermarkets is fake anyway, so probably doing me more harm than I realised. And maybe go back to making my own after I reach target.

May this month be good! 2kg down is the target – VERY ambitious for an official member of the tortoise club.

Post # 2

@flourbaby – Haha! 😂 Sober-for-October…..Love it. I’m in!
    In September I stuck with Dry-Till-Fri (day)….. Drank a total of just 3 beers, 2 red wines & one Long Beach cocktail spread out over the entire month. Close enough to “mostly dry”, so I will join you in “totally dry” this month!

@michelinme – loved your imagery of “eating your fat suit.” That’s a great way of describing Fasting!
    By taking a break from eating more food…. I am instead using up (eating) those extra meals & snacks I packed around my belly, hips & thighs!

I too am looking forward to not only weight loss, but also “decluttering my body” of excess old cells/ broken down proteins (through Autophagy. One of the golden health benefits of intermittent fasting!)

Long hard slog at work today. I am a postlady at Royal Mail. My delivery took FIVE HOURS today! Approx 23,000 steps, I’m told!
    So, here I am again, trying to get back on that wagon. Actually completing a FD too!!
    Starting off at 65.2, aiming to get back down in the fifties. I am 65 years old and was successful on this WOL back in 2016, reached my goal weight and held it for about six months. Have been trying to get back on that wagon ever since…ha…ha..I live in Gloucestershire, in the south west of UK.

2nd post

hi @debster251 thanks for setting up the spreadsheet, it works. I’m back in maintenance again and plan to stay there. Would it be possible to be highlighted again?

@ciren2 well done!!!

Thank You @debster251 for hosting this month’s challenge, I’m in

Day 1 Canada NFD

So exciting to see so many joining the challenge, together we can make this a huge success.

Just tried on some jeans that were a touch on the small size and can feel the effects of last month, yay!

Day 1, UK, FD

What better way to start a new week and a new month with a fast day. Not finding them easy at the moment, but I think it’s working. Off for a 3 mile run in an hour or so, maybe treat myself to a fartlek 🙂

Thank you @debster251 for hosting.

Good luck to all. I’ll update my weight tomorrow morning and stick it on the spreadsheet.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 1,059 total)

You must be logged in to reply.