OCTOBER 2018 – Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
OCTOBER 2018 – Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 1,058 replies, has 73 voices, and was last updated by  Bellyblast 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 1,059 total)

• Day 5, FD

I managed a successful FD today 😮 . I was travelling with my mum so it was easier not to eat 🙂 . Happy with that.

@annemarilyn, @at, @debster251, @Strawberriesandcream thank you for your kind words about my mum, it sure is nice to spend time together but its hard too. @michelinme your situation is really very similar to mine when it comes to our mums, only my mum refuses to understand that she can’t do things these days therefore not co-operating and making it very dificult 🙁

@matpi lol at that suggestion about waking up at 4.30am 😂

@rainbowsmile sending you a warm hug x

Sorry I’m not replying to many posts, I’m struggling to find time and focus at the moment. I do read all the posts and that really helps 🤗

Pocket Fasting
    @dykask WFD
    @mia139
    @dingping
    @rainbowsmile WFD
    @1in7bn
    @beththenew
    @beedoo
    @fasterjo
    @shinything

Day 5, Gozo, Malta, cd

Today I made an avocado, strawberry, chicken and spinach salad with feta cheese, extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. For this evening I bought from a new fish shop a filleted sea bass filled with tomatoes, olives and prawns and topped with pistachios and served it with bulgur weath salad. The bulgar weath salad was made with bulgur wrath, vegetable stock, cinnamon stick, pieces of cloves, cayenne pepper and ground cumin, grape tomatoes, mangetouts,red and orange peppers, walnuts, shallots, fresh mint, parsley and basil, extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar and seasoning. My son in law and pregnant daughter especially liked it.

Good night everyone. Onwards and downwards

Third post

Just lost my post. Argh. It wasn’t very long but just to say thank you all for support today…I did it! A successful FD. I’m so tired (a result of lack of sleep, time of month and first decent FD in a week I think) so will sign off now. Apologies for not being able to reply to everyone but am working through reading posts. Night all

2nd Post
    Arrrrgh blew it again! Very disappointed in myself wilfully blowing my two FD’s yesterday and today, I think I’m stressed!
    Explaining my sins tonight so tomorrow I can start afresh with a positive mind and put these past two days behind me.
    Tomorrow is a new start.
    Goodnight all.
    Ta

Day 5 – UK – FD

Just checking in to stop me visiting the kitchen tonight and hopefully I’ll stay in control and complete a 676cal FD!
    Had a good week so far with 2 CDs, 2 NFDs and 2 FDs – hoping the weekend are FDs and not Feast Days. Weight this morning was 54kg down 1.7kg from Day 1 of this challenge – back to my happy place mid target range 💃 Like you @missybear I just love this WOL because it works!

@ciren2 – do consider asking for a referral to an Orthopaedic surgeon for injections to your foot for that plantar fasciitis – cured mine!
    @anna6 – happy birthday to your daughter – have a lovely family celebration
    @northerndawn – I hope that like me you will know your happy weight when you reach it – I knew I wanted my BMI to be below 25 but was not sure where I would end up when I started this journey – I seem to have settled on 53-55kg – BMI around 20 and feel good at this weight!
    @debster251 – I would count anything below 800 as a FD ☺️and agree that volunteering has been extremely rewarding – I also volunteer one afternoon a week at club for the elderly
    @Strawberriesandcream and @ciren2 – what a great first week 😇
    @rainbowsmile – I feel your pain and frustrations 🤗🤗
    @chloephoenix – welcome to our challenge month – lots of support here – having done this WOL before you know it works – you have taken the first step by joining us – you can do this!
    @beedoo – great job in managing to stick with your FD – we obviously supported each other unknowingly today as I also struggled!!!

I’m off to have a shower and brush my teeth before bed and a bit of a read from my current book – thank you all for keeping me focused on completing this FD 🤗

Adding my name to the Pocket List for accountability
    @dykask WFD
    @mia139
    @dingping
    @rainbowsmile WFD
    @onein7bn
    @beththenew
    @beedoo
    @fasterjo
    @shinything
    @at

Wishing everyone a fab weekend – enjoy and make the most of each day – life is precious 🙏

“IF I QUIT NOW, I WILL SOON BE BACK TO WHERE I STARTED. AND WHEN I STARTED, I WAS DESPERATELY WISHING TO BE WHERE I AM NOW”

Day 6 NSW Australia FD
    8am Saturday

Hi everyone. Nearly slipped up this morning – poured my cereal into the bowl, cut up half a banana, just before adding yoghurt I remembered today was a FD! So had a mug of coffee instead – OH is having the cereal!

Day 6 Pocket List:
    @arelkade

Have a great weekend and bye for now xx

2nd post:
    @at – I really like you mantra above, can really relate to it from past experience! xx

Day 5 – Eastern WA USA – LFD

Posting rather late but having a successful liquid fast day. Just had a mug of broth.

@heyheyceline – many have found success on 5:2. I wish you well on your journey. This is a great supportive place to help you along the way.

@claire Suzanne – may you find work soon. It’s good that you’re self-aware that you usually turn to food when down. Recognizing that is the beginning of overcoming it.

@strawberriesandcream – TY for sharing your email from Annie. Her information about how our brain and decisions work is quite interesting. Learned something new.

I’m glad we’re on this journey together!

Still day 5
    forgot to add my name 🙂

The Pocket List for Day 5

@dykask WFD
    @mia139
    @dingping
    @rainbowsmile WFD
    @onein7bn
    @beththenew
    @beedoo
    @fasterjo
    @shinything
    @at
    @annemarilyn

Day 6, Tasmania, Australia FD
    Having an emotional day & not sure how I’ll go with a fast. I found out yesterday that our younger son & his GF are splitting up & I woke this morning feeling sad. My OH is away & I don’t want to tell him as I don’t want to spoil his fun. Not having him here to talk to makes it harder. We both felt sure that she was the one for him.
    If I can get through today on <500 cals then I am well and truly a 5:2’er.
    Pocket list-
    @cateaus

Day 5 Minnesota, USA NFD 10:25PM

Did not have time to read posts today. I had a very strange and unsettling day and in turn I’ve eaten too much.

A man parked along side the road that runs in front of my house, he made sure to park behind trees that obstructed my line of vision. He got out of his truck after a few seconds and proceeded to look into my recycle bin (garbage day so bins were out at end of driveway) and then he started pulling that bin and the garbage bin behind him, up my drive toward my house.
    I opened my curtains fully and opened a window and called out to ask him what he was doing and who he was. He kept coming toward house saying he was just bringing my bins to the garage. He said he was with the garbage company and doing it for everyone on our street, because of the inclement weather. It was not raining just cloudy and wet pavement. And I’ve never heard of anyone doing this before. I had to tell him to stop again, and told him I was calling the company and the police so he turned around and walked back to his truck and left.

I spent quite a bit of time talking to police on the phone and then an officer stopped out. I live in an area where everyone has 2-3 acres of woods around them, and you can’t really see neighbors. It’s very quiet. The policeman told me to get into the back of squad car so he could drive me over a street where a truck matching description was parked, but it wasn’t the same one. That was the first ride I’ve ever taken in the back of a police car, and hope it’s the last. It is not comfortable by any means.

The Officer thought the man had assumed no one was home, and he was casing the house, and especially the sheds we have. And possibly to see if there was a rear entrance to the garage.

I’ve been shaking on and off most of the day. I feel like such a coward. I just could’t believe how this man was so comfortable and acted like he belonged on my property. I guess that’s how they get away with trespass and theft. They act like they belong on the premises.
    My OH is leaving in the morning and was going to be gone until Monday, but he said he will come back tomorrow eve. I’m suppose to babysit my granddaughters from 6-11:30PM, and I was worried about coming home to an empty house at that time of the night, now that this has happened. Thank goodness OH will cut his trip short and be here when I get home.

Most of the day I was too nervous to eat, but then suddenly I was eating crisps and chocolate and carbs galore. I’ve stopped myself now.
    Sorry to ramble on, but it really does help to share this experience with such supportive people. My daughter is out of state until tomorrow and has been at a funeral, so I didn’t want to add this to what she was dealing with today. She will be very upset for me. My friends were all beginning their weekend plans and I didn’t want to bother them as they’d feel they must be here or do something.

Thanks for listening. I intend to sit in front of my computer tomorrow and read everyones posts, while keeping an eye out the window. :-/

Planning to have a CD tomorrow. Best of luck to everyone. Enjoy your weekends. Wishing all of us a good and peaceful weekend.

@ciren2
    Sorry to hear you are still suffering with foot pain. I wrote a bit of advice last month, but it didn’t seem to show up, or at least only very few saw it. A bit of background, I am a physiotherapist, one of my own ailments was plantar fasciitis which is one of the reasons I decided to study physio in my 30’s. I have been practising for 10 years now, and am amazed at how widespread this problem and misinformation is about it.
    Firstly (and bizarrely) it is not always a problem of the foot! Often it starts with problems with a tight low back, or hip pain. Because everything is connected via fascia, it is the last bit of fascia in a long line that covers most of the back of your body and finishes at the base of your toes. So if there is tightness anywhere along this line, you will most likely feel it in your feet.
    Secondly, yes, injections can help, but…..they also are a precursor to most tears of the plantar fascia, as the steroids that get injected into the sole of the foot thin the plantar fascia, keeping in mind your entire body weight has to be supported by this structure, I personally would do everything to avoid an injection.
    So, the most important thing to do is to manage the daily inflammation by using ice every night when you get home. The second is to find the stiffness, whether it is in the lower back, neck, upper back, hips, hamstrings, calves and stretch it. I find on average most of my patients have trouble in their calves and lower backs, but hamstrings is a very close 2nd.
    Stretching the actual base of the foot (the plantar fascia) helps, but it is very short term, mainly because that is seldom where the problem lies.
    Having plantar fasciitis is miserable, especially in a job where you have to walk a lot, so ice (or as per standard advice rolling a frozen bottle of water under your feet at night) can be your best friend when you get home. But without stretching and mobilising your spine, there is a risk of it coming back. I have had patients who have gone for injections and the problem has returned.

@ciren2, I hope this information is of use to you, and not just more frustrating, if you have already been given this advice. If you want particular stretches I am more than happy to provide some general ones.

Jo

Day 6 UK ?
    Positive, positive, positive easy to write and must be it.
    Fighting myself, inner demons winning.

Good luck to fellow Saturday fasters, sorry @snowflake56 not sure if I can join you formally today but will try.

@cateaus – feel your heartache for you and your son.

@northerndawn – sounds a very unsettling experience, can empathise after twice being broken into.

To all have a joyful weekend.
    Ta

Northern Dawn- That must have been very unsettling. You coped very well under the circumstances xo
    Dingping- thanks. I have had a very emotional day & ended up ringing my OH & told him about the split. I also told him that I miss him. It was an emotional call, but I feel much better for it.
    My FD was abandoned at 5 pm, but I won’t over-eat. I thought it would be easier fasting with him away, but it hasn’t been at all. I’ll try again tomorrow!

Day 6 Belfast NFD

I’m still a pound above my top weight, which won’t seem to shift, despite having 2 successful FDs and mindful eating the other three days. Five no sugar days completed so feeling good about that.

@Strawberriesandcream – thank you for the heads up to ‘my naked mind’
    @bert1802 – I used to wish for wall to wall sunshine, but as I’ve got older I’ve grown more content with the weather we have. What seeds are you planting? I’m always interested in people’s planting in different climates.
    @songbirdme – how great to be medication free. You’re an inspiration!
    Hope you feel better soon @fasterjo
    @anna6 – Mmmmmm ….there has to be a cookery book in you somewhere. Your recipes are delightful
    @at – I was at our local library last week and they were launching an exhibition of artwork from a young offenders Center. I got speaking to the tutors and have expressed an interest in volunteering to teach literacy or numeracy. Watch this space….
    @cateaus – I’m sorry to hear about your son. Perhaps though, it is better now so they can both start afresh while they’re still young.
    @northerndawn – what a scary experience. Stay safe my friend.
    @fasterjo – a great post. Thank you for sharing your knowledge. I hope @ciren2 you are able to get to the root of the problem.

Off now to do my chores and take doggie for a walk. OS is coming home for the weekend, so looking forward to the house being full of noise and fun.

Keep your eyes on the prize!

2nd post
    @cateaus – today was blah but there is always tomorrow… good luck and best wishes x

Day 6, Emden Germany, MFD

Day 4 & 5 NFD

had no time to check in the last 2 days, too busy shopping and unexpected guests that seemed to be glued to the sofa. Having a fridge full of delicious food now, having friends over for dinner tomorrow and have to start preparing some of it today. Will try to do a MFD today, not sure I will stay under 800 cal, it’s harvest feast in town and I want to eat a venison burger.

@northerndawn that sounds very scary, take care.

@dingping just give it a try, if it doesn’t work out today, we’ll try again next week.

Pocket list day 6

@dingping
    @rainbowsmile MFD
    @snowflake56 MFD

Have a great weekend everyone!

Day 6, UK, ?

Enjoyed a fantastic night at the comedy club. Saw Zoe Lyons (apparently she’s on celebrity masterchef at the moment) and she was brilliant. My preplanning paid off. The aubergine and chickpea curry with brown rice was delicious – as was the beer after a dry week. Because I’ve worked hard this week, I had enough calories in the bank to cover the excess last night and with the weekend’s meals planned too, I’m feeling happy with how October is going so far.

@missybear – wow! 30lbs in 10 months – that’s brilliant! And so encouraging to hear that increasing your FD cals to 800 has helped you stay on track. That’s certainly working for me this week. I think you’re fine with Friday night wine because you have pre-planned it as part of your week. You can enjoy it guilt-free – as I did my beer last night.
    @chloephoenix – you might employ a tactic I learnt from Paul McKenna years ago. When you look at those biscuits and brownies, imagine that the contents of an ashtray or the brushings from the hairdresser’s floor were accidentally mixed into the ingredients. Yummy. Not!!
    @anna6 – I’m drooling and it’s only 10.11am!
    Sorry to hear your son’s news @cateaus. I know from many years ago how upset my husband and I were when my stepson and his fiance split up. We grieved at the loss for quite some time.
    What an awful experience @northerndawn. The fact that you involved the police must give you comfort that they are going to be on the lookout for this guy. What kind of security do you have – ie. do you have bright lights that come on when people step on your property? Maybe some kind of alarm would help you feel safer. I only know Minnesota from watching Fargo – so I can visualise your neighbourhood. Might you think of getting a dog perhaps? Hope today you feel more calm.

Have a good weekend all.

3rd Post
    Thanks @snowflake56 – Didn’t think I was worthy of putting myself on the P list after two successive failures, but you’ve done it so can’t let the side down today!
    Doing ok so far but this is more to do with dreadful heartburn as a result of pressing the self district button yesterday!! Silly me!
    Enjoy your venison burger and what sounds like a lovely w’end with friends. Many thanks x

Keep telling myself ‘positive, positive, positive’ it’s a hump and I’ll get over it.

Melancholic autumn day here with a visiting traditional circus tent in the park opposite our flat, looks beautiful when all lit up at night, evokes memories of childhood when all was ok. Love autumn and that feeling of comfort and cosiness after returning from a leaf swirling walk and returning to lighting a fire and drinking hot chocolate, it’s a Gone With the Wind kind of time for me, my euphemism for wanting a snuggly day.
    Have a beautiful w’end.
    Ta x

Thanks Debster & dingping xo
    Tomorrow is another day!

Day 6 – UK – NFD

A lovely sunny Autumnal day if a bit cool – broke my fast this morning after some 22hrs with brunch out with OH – very enjoyable walk into the village and a bit of food shopping as well – dinner planned for tonight – Yotam Ottollenghi’s Butternut Squash with ginger, tomatoes and lime yogurt.

Now back home so checking in briefly before getting ready to go out for a hike on the local fells ⛰ and and making the most of the nice weather 🌤

@arelkade – saved by your OH enjoying a prepared breakfast for him 😉 when I found that quote it resonated so much with me that I kept it as my personal mantra for this WOL
    @annemarilyn – great job on completing a LFD
    @cateaus – hugs but think of it this way – much better they discover now that they are not for each other than much later in the relationship – will be keeping you in my thoughts to complete that FD – remember that you are much stronger than you think!
    @northerndawn – what an unsettling experience but you did all the right things 🤗 will be thinking of you today and hoping you stay safe and strong
    @dingping – never a failure remember! you could just do mindful eating over the weekend and the start with a fresh FD next day – sometimes trying too hard makes it more difficult
    @snowflake56 – enjoy the weekend with your friends – I always find great pleasure in cooking for others!

Thinking of everyone on this worldwide forum and how amazing that some are finishing their day as others are starting and so nice how we all offer support and advice to each other and give each other that virtual hug when it is most needed ………….

Off to get some fresh air and exercise

Day 6 USA (Illinois) – FD

My hope is to do a real 500 calorie FD today. My last MFD came in just under 800, but today will be more legit.

@northerndawn – wow, your story has me shaking too. You were oh so wise to contact the police and be vigilant in all you do. Will your out buildings lock as well as the house? I’m in rural Illinois in a very small town surrounded by farms. Most of our residents are gun owners so we seldom hear about theft or even trespassing.

Onward and downward.

Day 6- Colorado USA – NFD

Thursday held to 906 calories by having very light lunch & dinner. No breakfast, no snacks.

Friday was OMAD (one meal a day.) It did contain fried chicken, but the rest of the meal was salad greens & loads of veggies. Tasted so good!

So except for the mid-week jelly donut derailment…. haven’t had a donut in about 4 years! 😳 … I managed 3 Fast Days this week. Scale is down one pound. 👍🏼 Success!!

I know as I approach goal weight (range of 136- 140 lbs) progress will slow. And I may even spend a little time enjoying the view from Plateau Mountain. But for now, 5:2 and/ or 4:3 continues to work it’s magic! 🧚🏼‍♀️🎊
    I’m so grateful to have stumbled upon Dr.Mosley’s documentary & books. Then found this wonderful support group…. it’s a WOE I can definitely keep for life (as long as I don’t “forget” about intermittently fasting again.)

Now on to enjoying my weekend NFDs with my DH.
    Everyone have a wonderful, relaxing, enjoyable weekend!!

Day 6 NC USA NFD

Down 2 lbs this week after my last FD of the week yesterday. That makes 15 lbs since I started this WOL. Like the direction this is going. 🙂

Day 6 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Having a lazy day, late breakfast and reading the newspaper…..need to move my bum and go for a walk. I surprised myself last night and thought about my Friday red wine habit and decided not to have any!!!!! Perhaps tonight 🤔

Enjoy Saturday 😊

Day 6……Florida……????

Not sure what today is going to be…….I feel like a bloated whale today. I sooo over did it in the food department! I won’t bore you with the nasty details let just say it was or feels worse than a EFS!

@Northen Dawn…….I’m so glad your safe! Living where we do, we’ve also had some sketchy ass things happen at our home too. Now when we are not home, we always leave the radio playing in the house as well as one playing in the garage. We were told it helps because if bad people hear a TV or radio they tend to think someone is home. Maybe that will help you.

@debster…… we have had a garden for several years. I started it when I was laid off from a job and fresh veg was getting so darn expensive, now the DH and I do it together for fun. As of right now…I have a purple egg plant that is on its 5th season, a white egg plant and pole green beans that are going into their 2nd season. As far a my seedlings, we have reg. cucumbers, white cucumbers, beef steak tomatoes, Cherokee tomatoes, potatoes, onions, peppers. Also basail, oregano and parsley. We couldn’t get any lettuce this year.
    Since we are able to have grow in 2 different seasons, sometimes I’m a little late buying seeds and they are gone. We do harvest our own seeds but plant those normally for our summer garden.
    I do can some of our foods, however, I try and share my bounty with people I know. I just feel better sharing it because We can open the door and encourage others to plant. My DH and I have gotten quite a few people to start gardens of their own.

Okay last thing then I’ll stop rambling. Yesterday hubby and I tried the Walmart grocery pick up…… oh my it was so easy and I didn’t have to go in! Oh, I would recommend everyone to try it! The only things we didn’t prepare for is our time, I made pick up time a little later than I should have and You must pay attention to sizes when ordering, I wanted a large thing of vinegar but only got a small one. But both those mistakes were mine…..

Well I’m off!

A nurse friend asked me where she could find scrubs, I said probably hanging out on the passenger side of his best friends ride.

Day 6, London, UK, CD
    Day 5, London, UK, NFD

Completely forgot to post yesterday, I was so busy attending an awards ceremony in Central London, good food, and flowing wine………… @happymargo & @mia139, you would have been so proud of my ability to say ‘NO THANKS’, even if it was through gritted teeth!!!!

Today is a CD, salad for lunch and soup for supper, I should come in at about 800cals.

I haven’t caught up on posts yet, but I hope everyone is doing well this 1st week.

Stay strong people!!!!

Day 5 UK NFD

Spending the weekend with other 2 couples in a wonderful lodge in grounds of a beautiful hotel in Scotland. There’s so much lovely wine and champagne here but I am standing strong in my sober October and sticking to sparkling water! At least the calories I’m saving means I can enjoy the
    lovely food we have all brought. The sun is shining so off out to enjoy the scenery!
    Good luck to all this weekend!

Day 6: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    Got a thorough soaking throughout my delivery today. The cold rain has JUST stopped (3pm).
    @cateaus: Sorry to hear your news. We suffer with our children don’t we…once a mother, always a mother.
    @northerndawn: Creepy. Hopefully you and the police presence scared them off. Don’t leave the house unnattended for now.
    @fasterjo: Wow….stacks of advice, thanks. It’s true that I’m tight down the backs of my legs….always have been. I try to give time to stretches and spiky ball rolling. I’m fairly confident things ARE improving albeit slowly.
    @at: re: weather above…SO different here from up there in Cumbria, it seems!!

Day 6 UK ?CD

Yesterday was long! I ground to a v slow pace & finished late but got all the important stuff done. Forgot to eat and ended up with late evening toast & honey followed by lf Greek yogurt with cacao, honey, almonds & baked banana – pretty good control day, tho may have overdone the cacao!

Let my self sleep without an alarm – didn’t even roll over until 8.30am then slept til 11.15! Had a lovely video call with a friend while baking two loaves of seedy oat bread – one for community lunch tomorrow – & catching up with household chores. Managed to eat only 100g fresh bread with cheese and tomato while catching up with posts – the protein content seems to slow down the voracious carb dragon! Now finishing up prep for tomorrow’s community meeting & volunteer recruitment/briefing, then heading for yoga & meditation.

Had a text from DD to say she got the job!!!! The one that had the fire alarm interruption, that she was v sad about but putting down to experience. So delighted i let out a long, yelled Yay – which lasted for a whole minute, seriously scaring the friend I was sitting with! Wonderful her talent & ability is recognised, and will be a great confidence boost. I’m going to make her some magnesium cream this evening as a celebration gift – she’s not getting on with the MO and I happen to have all the ingredients in to make it!

@cateaus sad news, that takes some time to process
    @northerndawn sounds as tho you did all the right things – well done!
    @dingping sorry you are struggling, hope things improve x

Exactly what is the October Challenge?

Day 5, Brighton UK, MFD

I drove to my holiday flat and had a big long bath AND I am going to have another one. Slept for 13 hrs. Finally getting the cold from my bones.

Made a big big mistake, got my hair cut (Not the mistake) and it started to tip with rain. So I ran for cover. I forgot I had a broken foot. Ouch, ouch, ouch for a whole hour, luckily it’s objected and I took notice. It swelled a little but not much so I think it’s well. But clearly my ankle did not like my sprint at all. It’s easy to forget.

@northerndawn that is scary stuff. When my ex was playing up I did three things
    1. Panic button hidden in my porch
    2. Camera in my house connected to the wifi (I already have an alarm and lights round the house)
    3. This on my phone https://youtu.be/SW2Ny__THaQ

And yes no 3 worked plus it scared the cats having nookies on the drive. (Beware its scarey!) I have a mobile phone pouch with a transparent pocket and it’s round my waist at all times when it’s appropriate. Such as getting out of my car at night. I also took a womens self defence class to boost my self confidence.

@fatbutnothappy if you read @debster251 opening posts plus the following few you will get explanations better than I can give. There is one challenge thread per month hosted by a kind volunteer who herds posters and keeps us going. It’s all based on fasting in your own way. I post every day I can, it keeps me going. So it can be the challenge you want it to be with .It’s of support.

@fasterjo thank you for the info.

Mari

DAY 6, FLORIDA

NFD I’ve been gone all of last week. Tried to be mindful on what I was eating. I weigh before I left and will weigh in tomorrow to see how I did. I did make it to my goal but will be surprised if I’m still there.
    This coming week we will be on our trip to Spain and Portugal. So, I won’t be logging in every day. I will continue to mindful on what I eat but do plan to enjoy the food. 🙂 We will be gone for a month and getting excited.
    Hope everyone has a great month.

USA Dat 6 NFD

Just checking in! Busy day winterizing my home inside and out! Have a great day, everyone!

I was just catching up on some posts and I wanted to mention one thing.
    Thank you @rainbowsmile for suggesting a self defense class. In this day and age, I believe that every women , man and child should attend these types of classes.

A long time ago, or it seems that long, I worked for the state of Florida in a Juvenile Detention center, med. security. In training, we took a week long course in self defense. It was one of the best things, I’ve done and which I still keep my certification up in.

Now, I’ve only had to use it one time and that was a gentleman that I used to work with that got a little handesy. He grabbed my breast, I took him down to the floor. He didn’t get hurt, but he learned really quick not to ever touch a women in that manner again.
    He lost his job, I did get suspended for three days because my job thought I should have just reported and they were afraid of backlash. I didn’t report it at all because I thought he learned his lesson but the guy complained to the supervisor saying that I hurt him. Which was utter bull, I told them that he was only embarrassed because a 5’1”, 120lb girl brought him 6 ft something easily 200lbs to the ground. And if I really wanted to I could have broke his elbow.

But I guess that story is neither her nor there but I highly recommend taking a class and getting certified.!

Day 6, NFD

Its strange that I stopped overeating on my NFDs now while away from home 😐
    Hmmmm I’m not sure I’m happy with that since it would mean that I associate my home, the place where I spend most of my time, with eating! Hmmmm 😐
    Anyhow, not gonna complain for now and will see how I feel when I get back home 😀

@northerndawn omg that was a scary experience , I hope that man never shows up again! You coped very well with it, stay safe x

@michelinme I’m so happy to hear your DD got that job @northerndawn omg that was a scary experience , I hope that man never shows up again! You coped very well with it, stay safe x

@arelkade your post about near slip up made me laugh 😂

@michelinme I’m so happy to hear your DD got that job 😀 , it put a smile on my face 😀

Have a great day/evening everyone ❤

Day 6, Gozo, Malta, cd

At thanks for your birthday wishes for my daughter.

Debster251 I like to experiment sometimes when doing a recipe but nothing outstanding mind you.

Today I just ate leftover bulgur wheat salad and made a tuna fish salad for my pregnant daughter and steaks for my OH, my son and his friend.

This evening it was takeaway spaghetti carbonara for my OH and I just had a yogurt and a protein bar of 200 calories.

Have a great weekend everyone, Enjoy 😊!

Bert1802 I’m really impressed by the way you handed that guy who tried molesting you. Good for you. Well done.

Day 6 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

@beththenew – 15lbs downward already. Good for you!

@mia139 – sounds like a delightful little get-away to Scotland. Enjoy!

@kaywesterman – A month in Spain & Portugal sounds wonderful!

@shinything – as you were away you probably had different things to distract you. It just might take a more intentional plan to change things up back home. I find I am usually quite active when away burning up more of what I eat.

@northerndawn – I’m glad you kept your wits about you and kept safe! Are you doing okay today?

@metatauta – hope you’re doing okay 🙂

Enjoy the rest of the weekends forum friends! Glad we’re on this journey together

Day 7 NSW Australia NFD
    8.35am Sunday

Hi everyone, just checking in!

Our rain has gone and the Sun is shining!

Enjoy whatever you are getting up to and bye for now xx

Second post
    @bert1802 – your veggie list is totally inspiring. I am revamping my back garden this autumn and am hoping to extend our veggie patch. Btw great self defence story
    @beththenew – great progress. Well done you!
    @flourbaby. Any awards for you?
    @mia123 and @flourbaby I’m so proud of you for abstaining!
    @michelinme – congratulations to your DD on her new job
    @fatbutnothappy – it is up to you to set your own personal challenge. If you look at the spreadsheet, folks have set their own personal targets for weight loss, abstention from alcohol, sugar etc. We’re all just here to support one another on our journey.
    @daffodil2010 – OH was asking if you got home safely from your holidays. He says to tell you ‘keep ‘er lit!’
    @arelkade – hard to believe your starting Sunday and I’m just going to bed!

Night night!

Day 6 Minnesota, USA CD

Thank you everyone for your concern. I got plenty of sleep last night, though up several times checking security cameras when the motion notices went off. Just raccoons and a lone coyote, thankfully. Then sent OH off at 5AM and crawled back into bed. Slept late. I feel better today.
    Emailed several neighbors and they said they had fliers in their newspaper boxes from a rival Garbage collection company, but no one came up to their homes. The fliers sounded similar to what this man had in his hand.
    Monday, I will try to call this particular company and find out if they hired someone to drive around and put adds in peoples boxes. Also, to let them know if this man was one they had hired, he didn’t identify himself as such and I had to tell him twice or more to stop bringing bins to side of garage. Seems fishy.
    OH says there probably isn’t a better job for casing out a neighborhood than being hired to use your own vehicle and just drive around neighborhoods. But I’m glad the police are aware. And I really thank all of you for your support, and not thinking I was being silly to be concerned. I guess it’s better to be safe than sorry. Will read posts more thoroughly and respond to as many as possible in follow-up posts.
    I love this forum!!!!

Day 6 Minnesota, 2nd post

@fasterjo: what an awesome post on PF! I took a screen shot and will print that out and send to my son, if you don’t mind. He’s beginning to have trouble with PF and has mentioned he can feel it in his back as well, but he thinks it’s all about his shoes. I’ve noticed he seems to be getting less flexible in his old age–early 30’s, lol. I tend to agree about steroid injections being last resort, although it is sometimes necessary in order to carry on.

@cateaus, i feel badly for you, but as others have noted, better they come to that conclusion now than later, especially once children are in the picture.

@Dingping- How frightening to have actually been broken into twice. How do you feel safe after that?

@Debster251- I’ll bet you will whoosh this next week since you’ve been so diligent.

@Snowflake56-hard to limit yourself when others around you aren’t. Good luck, and do enjoy.

@Strawberriesandcream- your night out sounds wonderful. And you sound strong and full of optimism for October. It’s infectious. And yes we have some security lights and cams, but I stopped him just short of where it would trigger them, otherwise I’d have gotten some good video of him to show the police. We are figuring out a way to extend coverage further out. The policeman also mentioned a dog. It’s tempting and we’ve talked about it. Our beloved black labrador has been gone now for 8 years. We just didn’t think we were ready to attach again. Maybe it’s time.

@Missybear-It’s so inspiring to me that you have lost 30 pounds doing 800 cals on FDs. I really think that’s what I’m going to go for, and if I feel like a more strict FD, I’ll do it, but I won’t push it. I don’t think I’ll burn out on FDs if I do it this way, like you and @anna6, and I am not in a big hurry.

@Bert1802- I have often though lately that I need to enroll in some kind of self-defense course. Especially yesterday, I was thinking how I feel more vulnerable now than when I was younger. I think the only way to counteract that and to feel more confident will be to get stronger and take a course so that I feel like I have a plan and a chance.

Off to babysit a couple of tired little girls who have been on the road all day and just got home. I’ll try to post again today or early tomorrow to reply to as many as possible.

Stay strong and best of luck this weekend.

Day 7, Tasmania, Australia.
    Thanks, @at, @ciren2 & @northerndawn for your lovely support. I caved in at 5 pm but didn’t have an EFS. Our son has Bipolar & is almost 36 & we were really hoping this time it would work. He is the most stable he has ever been, so I think he has made his decision with a clear mind & in their best interests. It just was not to be. I cried myself out yesterday & the call to my OH left me feeling much better.
    @Bert1802- You have me thinking that a self-defence class would be a wonderful idea. Way to go with how you dealt with the groper!
    I am not “trying” to do a fast today. I AM doing a FD!
    Today’s pocket list-
    @cateaus

Day 6 Ohio, US — NFD
    DAy 5 — NFD

Had a splurge yesterday(Friday): I made dinner into just dessert, since it was the start of Fall Break. Not much time off, just a 4-day weekend, but the change of pace is nice. Last night I watched 3 of the old “Brother Cadfael mysteries” and then slept in till 8 this morning. Not quite like the late-night partying of my 20’s, but it was enough!

Have a great Sunday all!

Day 6, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Late check in. Busy day. No time to read posts. Will catch up later.

Have a good Sunday everyone! 😊😊😊

Day 7: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    Will be cooking salmon later. I use this as my last meal before a FD if I can. It sort of puts me mentally in a healthy mode, I suppose.
    After an awful wet day yesterday, this morning is bright and sunny with (almost) a frost. Ditto @arelkade (except for the cold)!
    @shinything: I suppose I also associate being at home with eating…yet another reason not to retire yet. Most postmen put on weight when they leave…a well-observed fact!
    Have a good Sunday everyone.

Day 7, London, UK, NFD,

I can’t believe we’ve almost completed the 1st week of this challenge, soon I’ll be despairing about the inevitable Xmas gain ………………………… I really must avoid the Baileys this year!!!!

@debster251, no awards for me this year, last year, something me & a close friend/colleague invented, won an innovation award, unfortunately I didn’t attend last year!!

@shinything, I think @annemarilyn is right about being more active away from home, I think it suppresses appetite!!! I had a lightbulb moment reading your post, my home really is the most dangerous place for me regarding food……………….. it’s where I’m comfortable, it’s where I COULD down a bottle of wine or entire chocolate fudge cake without being seen or judged!!! I know I could never visit, even my mum, and polish off a pack of her biscuits………………………… why do that at home then???? I really must paraphrase and use this at all times to rein in the binging or gorging tendency …………………. “Eat like EVERYBODY is watching!!!!”

Enjoy the remainder of the weekend folks, Onward & Downwards!!!!!!!!!

Day 7 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

I’m pleased with myself this morning…..we went to the pub last night and I had just one (OK it was large) glass of red. That’s a total of 2 large glasses of wine so far this month…….significantly less than usual. Happy that my personal challenge of almost sober October is going well so far. I want better control over alcohol drinking but don’t want to give it up completely.

Looking like a good weather day so we’re going for a walk on the beach before lunch. Be back tomorrow for company on my Monday FD 🙂

Day 7, UK, ?

Curses! After 7 hours of shopping in town yesterday, my self-conscious caught the train home ahead of me and had the bottle of wine open and waiting! Unfortunately I didn’t put up any fight whatsoever and this morning I have a 1.1lb gain. The good news is that it did not lead to mindless eating – in fact I wrapped up the remaining french cheeses (which I’ve not touched all week) in foil and stuck them in the freezer for use in some recipe at a later date. Something’s working and I’m drawing a line under my one mishap of the week and moving on.

Onwards & downwards.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 1,059 total)

You must be logged in to reply.