OCTOBER 2018 – Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
OCTOBER 2018 – Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 1,058 replies, has 73 voices, and was last updated by  Bellyblast 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 1,059 total)

• Today’s Pocket List of Fasters:
    @wacm
    @heyheyceline
    @ciren2
    @gretta
    @lolastarr
    @claire suzanne
    @mia139
    @debster251
    @missybear
    @rainbowsmile MFD
    @ccco

USA Day 4 FD
    Yesterday’s FD went well, so today I am doing another! Down 2 lbs. this morning! Yay! Looks like I am heading toward losing the few pounds I put on at the end of September! On my way to the dentist, so will be back later to finish reading posts. Have a great day, everyone!

Day 4 USA (Illinois) NFD

Really enjoyed my popcorn lunch at the movies, and yes, @annemarilyn, it is like a book club at the cinema! This duo of teachers who lead us choose some theme each season with one film a month. We are honoring the bicentennial of Illinois statehood this season.

Onward and downward.

Day 4, Rocky Mountains, US, MFD

Night thunderstorms⛈ and finally some good rain🌧! First rain since May!!! This was an extremely hot and dry summer with some bigger creeks and reservoirs drying out and extreme wild fires! 😟😟😟

Off getting my flu shot. 💉😊

Have a good Thursday everyone! 😊🌧😊

Day 4 – UK – NFD

Busy morning volunteering in a Fareshares kitchen cooking this morning – we served 46 people – I am the team leader of a group of 6 who are on a rota cooking every 4 weeks – we get given fruit, vegetables, bread and pastries from he local shops that would otherwise go to waste and we make meals to serve to anyone who turns up, either those in need or some who just want some company and a hot meal. Today we made carrot, lentil and coriander soup, potato and mushroom bake, vegetable stew and apple crumble and custard and there was nothing left by the end of the session……….very rewarding!

So now back home relaxing after a lovely hot shower so thought it was an ideal time to catch up on the forum. Yesterday was a NFD and today should be a CD with hopefully a FD tomorrow………I am working hard to get back to healthy eating and less feasting in between my FDs…………happy that my weight is down to 54.4kg already.

Lovely to read the posts from all those new to this WOL and getting to know you all.

@northerndawn – hope the annual physical was not too stressful and went OK
    @flourbaby – did watch Dr. M is on BBC2 last night revealing the effects of going booze free for a month, interesting that those who drank more are the ones who benefited the most and cut back on their drinking after the initial month!
    @rainbowsmile – sorry to read that your hot water and heating are not sorted yet – stay strong and positive and just think how fabulous that hot bath will be!
    @shinything – a CD is better than a Feast Day 😉
    @arelkade – great to hear your news and you are so right this forum is like out cyber family offering lots of support and not just about 5:2
    @happymargo – next time the carb temptation arises remember yourself running to the Ladies Loo with the cha-cha-cha trots – might help reduce that temptation!
    @wacm – that’s the beauty of this WOL – we don’t have to stick on any set day for fasting but can flex it to suit our lives ☺️
    @heyheyceline – welcome – great to have you on board x
    @amanda1975 – are you joining our October challenge too – great to see so many new faces discovering this WOL and joining us
    @mia139 – lovely to have you back with us – how was Australia?
    @daffodil2010 – have a lovely visit with your sister and I bet your Dad will be so happy to have you all around – so absolutely enjoy the family time x
    @Strawberriesandcream – happy to be part of the “almost sober October” 😉 @kerryn73 – sounds like you are part of this group!!!!!!
    @dingping – I wondered where you were – nice to see your post today!
    @sarahbob – hope you are feeling better 🤗
    @diana123 – Your MIL must be so relieved to be with her loved ones and being cared by her full time caregiver but most of all having you all around her. It’s great to read that your maintenance is going well – just pop in and write a bit when you can but know that you and your loved ones are in our thoughts xx

I’m out this evening with friends to see A SIMPLE FAVOR, a stylish post-modern film noir directed by Paul Feig – a thriller filled with twists and betrayals, secrets and revelations, love and loyalty, murder and revenge. Has anyone seen it already?

“DON’T EXCHANGE WHAT YOU WANT MOST FOR WHAT YOU WANT AT THE MOMENT”

Hey everyone, great news: I HAVE MY CAR BACK!!!!! Can’t tell you how it feels to be able to come and go freely, not having to scrounge lifts, being able to walk the dog SOMEWHERE ELSE…etc etc.
    Fly in the ointment is that my poor foot is giving me gyp today. This wretched Plantar Faciitis that just won’t go away. Four months now.
    @rainbowsmile: I see you are still having troubles with your boiler and plumbing. Well, yes, at least the heating isn’t needed.
    FD going ok, so far. Some beetroot and a small slice of cheddar….maybe some nuts later. Must lay off the SUGAR, yes. Must.

Day 4 Canada FD

@ciren2 that’s wonderful news
    @rainbowsmile I hope that warm bath is a reality soon
    @at what a delicious offering, I can only imagine how much it was appreciated

I have been mostly alcohol free for the last month, had a couple of small glasses of wine last night and it really impacted my sleep. The reason for going dry was to get a good nights sleep so it was interesting.

Adding myself to the pocket list
    @wacm
    @heyheyceline
    @ciren2
    @gretta
    @lolastarr
    @claire-suzanne
    @mia139
    @debster251
    @missybear
    @sarahbob
    @rainbowsmile MFD
    @kerryn73
    @dingping
    @flourbaby
    @michelinme
    @moukinator
    @ccco
    @fatfingers
    @bellyblast

Happy fasting!

2nd post

I have achieved a 2nd FD today and need to report immediately so that I don’t blow it.

Day 4 NFD UK

@Strawberriesandcream, not quite successful yet, have only had one lesson. Good luck with your studying, I remember my degree days fondly, hectic, yes, downright felt impossible some days, especially with a family to manage, but still made me feel alive and I have become a different person, more resilient than I ever thought possible.

I am now in planning for starting my own business, my weight loss journey is very much a part of this plan.

Jo

Day 4, UK, NFD

Spending time with my mum, she is weak and frail. Many things to help with and arrange for her. No time to reply to all posts but I read all, and posting for accountability :). Haven’t been bad with food choices which is good ☺
    I don’t have scales at the moment so it will be interesting to see what happens when I get back home and step on them 🙈

Have a great day everyone and stay strong 🌷

Day 4 – Eastern WA USA – NFD (18:6)

Soon breaking fast from yesterday. Looking forward to some yummy food!

@mia139 – welcome back 🙂 Others are doing sober for October so you’re in good company!

@amanda1975 – the purpose of this group is support for Fast Diet 5:2. Let @debster251 if you want to join the challenge & read her 1st post on the first page. It’s a great support forum.

@strawberriesandcream – you’re relearning French, that’s wonderful! Good for you! You’ve planted a seed in my mind. And congrats on a 2nd successful FD! You can do this!

@clair Suzanne – you come up Claire Suzanne on my emails. Usually it comes up as we created our logins. Just the capitals don’t always show up.

@sarahbob – here in the USA, there are blood pressure check places in many places that have pharmacies. Do you only have them available at the doctor’s? Hope you get feeling better

@keeper – I’m not talking low calorie recipes; low carb. They have plenty of fat. The recipe I used recently was from Simply Keto by Suzanne Ryan.
    Ingred: 2 med eggs, 2 oz cream cheese, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 1/4 cup blanched almond flour, 1 tsp Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener, 1/4 tsp baking powder, salted butter for serving, and sugar-free syrup for serving
    Method: Combine the 1st 6 ingredients in a blender until smooth. Use a fork to pop large bubbles on the top of the batter (if they appear). Coat a medium-sized skillet with coconut oil spray or ghee over medium heat. Once hot, pour 1/3 of the batter in the pan. Flip the pancake when the sides are firm and bubbles appear evenly throughout. 1 to 3 minutes, then cook on other side 1 to 3 minutes.
    I enjoyed them with butter, SF syrup and some strawberries.

@beththenew – are you playing hockey or watching? Growing up in central Canada, hockey was part of my brothers lives & I cheered them on.

@ciren2 – hooray for getting your car back!! About your plantar fasciatis (sp?), I recently had a massage and the gal mentioned that I had some fascia issues. She suggested rolling my feet with a tennis ball. She mentioned also that one of her clients who had fascia issues and was a runner, she recommended putting the ball in the freezer so he could roll it cold when he got done with a run.

We’re on this journey together!

Still Day 4 –
    @shiny thing – sorry to hear about your mom’s frailness but glad you’re supporting her. It can be difficult. Be sure to take care of yourself as you take care of her.

My parents had their 69th wedding anniversary earlier this week. Mom has now been in the hospital over 3 months, across the street from where they are in an assisted living place. I prayed specifically that she be alert on her anniversary & was so glad to hear she was. They brought her over to their apartment for a special meal & she was even able to feed herself; something she’s not been doing in the hospital. We were even able to have a conference call involving my siblings and them. Mom was able to participate in the conversation to some extent even.

2nd post
    @annemarilyn watching not playing hockey. I can not really even skate well. 🙂

Day 4 UK NFD

Two failed FDs this week. I need to find time to come on here to hold myself accountable and read your posts.

Currently feeling a bit low in general…and low mood results in eating badly which results in low mood and so on. And just realised it’s that TOM.

Yesterday was a stressful day at work and resulted in me giving in to office treats. So tired today as toddler was awake at 4:30am. Of course he eventually fell back asleep but I couldn’t. That’s no excuse and I started the day (as an FD) really well but then grazing from 11:30am onwards. No meals, just constant picking….I guess we could call it one long meal then! Kitchen has been closed since 7pm so I guess I managed at 16:8 but I squeezed a lot into that 8!! I’m going to do my teeth after this post.

We go away next Thursday, visiting family in Ireland for 5 days and I want to get back on track and have a good week ahead of that.

Right, enough wallowing. Tomorrow WILL be a good day! Busy morning planned, taking toddler to zoo to meet up with friends. Then I have a sewing project to crack on with to keep my hands busy while he naps. Need to head out in afternoon to make sure I don’t fall off the wagon. That’s the plan.

Thanks for “listening”. Will hopefully be back to my happy self soon! X

2nd Post

just checking in as trying to keep today as a CD – Film was good fun and a bit tongue in cheek – there were a few laughs around the cinema!

@beedoo – saw your post and just had to reply and say chin up and big hugs – it will get better xx
    @ciren2 – YAY on getting your car and so your independence back
    @Strawberriesandcream – 👍
    @bellyblast – I think it was
    @shinything and @annemarilyn – how wonderful that you are around for your parents and creating wonderful memories – my darling mum died 4 years ago in September and I so miss her still 🤗🤗

Day 4, Gozo, Malta, cd

I’m 67.9 kilos. I can’t seem to move downwards at the moment.

I made a beef and pear salad, with lettuce, green onions, fish sauce, sugar, lemon juice and chili. My pregnant daughter requests this so I’ll make it more often.

For this evening it was chicken curry with basmati rice.

Tomorrow my eldest daughter is going to have her birthday. She’ll be 36 years old.

Onwards and downwards.

Day 4 Ohio, US — FD (#16)

@anna6 You make some great meals!
    @beedoo Just a thought — wait until your toddler is 14 and then wake him up some morning at 4:30 am and remind him of what he used to do! I swear that my folks took baby photos of me just so that they could show them to my high school friends!

Have the best of all Fridays!

Day 2-4 – Japan – NFD
    Day 5 – Japan – WFD

Working on water fast day #70 … probably won’t fast on Monday. Still 20 WFDs left to get to my 2018 goal.

Day 5 – New Zealand – NFD
    Beautiful spring day here – regretting my decision to come to work (not supposed to work Fridays), but hopefully will be a nice weekend so I can get things done at home. Hubby wants Fish & Chips for tea tonight – not sure what I can get that will be healthy from the takeaway shop. Don’t want to undo all my good work this week.

Day 4 Minnesota, USA NFD 11:15pm

Appointment for annual physical went well. My young and very smart Doctor told me that I should not worry about getting down past 150 lbs (6.8Kg). I’m originally 5 feet 6 and 3/4 inches. Now, 5 ft 6 and 1/4 inches, I guess, sadly. I was astounded that she said that would be okay for a goal…

So, old formula is: 100 lbs for five feet. (female) Then add 5 lbs for every inch over 5 feet. So: 5ft 6 1/2 inches would be 100 lbs plus 30 lbs plus 2.5 lbs for 132.5 lbs (60.2Kg). Then plus or minus 10% for bone structure. Minus 10% if small, (mine is small) or add 10% if large: take wrist or elbow measurements to determine bone structure size. That would put me at 132.5-10%(13.25)=119.25. That’s the least I weighed about 20-23 years ago.

I said, “So you don’t think I should try to get down to 135 pounds?” She said, “No, I think you will feel better and be healthier at 150. It is better for your bones. We can see what you think and how you feel when you get there. You can certainly step up your weight training and elliptical and such at that time and see how you feel, but all evidence points to the fact that at your age it is better to have some subcutaneous fat, a higher bmi, but under 25, and then also to be active with flexibility exercises and some weight training”.

So, @songbirdme, your decision to stay at 160 al this time seems preternaturally smart and on target. The last thing I want is bone loss. And last time, in 2016 when I got down to 139, I felt sick. I kept going back up to 142-143, but even then, I think it was too fast for my body and I lost half my hair. I may get there this time, again, but only if it is a slow and healthy, mediterranean type diet with lots of yoga and weights to build muscle. We will see. But so grateful for a good doctor!! She also is very supportive of the 5:2 diet. I am grateful to have found her! And she does not push statins! My cholesterol is a bit high, but my ratio is great, so she is fine with no statins.

I think I have a day off of every obligation tomorrow, so I will try to read all posts since yesterday. And even some back in September that I did’t get to.
    Best of luck to everyone and stay strong and focused.

Day 5 UK FD

Many thanks to @debster251, @Strawberriesandcream, @flourbaby, @michelinme, @at and @annemarilyn for the welcome back wishes! I really missed being here!

I was in Australia for the third time this year as my daughter had a baby in May and I just can’t stay away! So it was pretty amazing. That little boy has stolen my heart like no other man ever did! Apologies to my other half!!

Going away for 3 nights tonight with friends and aiming to stay on track with controlled eating and no wine! I feel so unlike me now with this extra weight and so focused at getting back to where I was earlier this year. To say nothing of the clothes which don’t fit me now.!
    I’m confident I can with all the help on this forum.
    Good luck to all fasters this weekend.

Up sooo early with jet lag so will get a really early start getting ready for work!

Day 5 UK FD
    Flunked yesterday’s FD in a bad way, going again.
    @at thanks for wondering.
    Needing a bit more pocket faster magic today!

Pocket Fasting
    @dykask WFD
    @mia139
    @dingping

Day 2 Sydney Australia NFD

This is such a welcoming community, thanks everyone!

Oh and I’d forgotten to introduce myself! I am 22, 170 cm tall, and pretty active. My weight has always been around 60-63 kg but somehow I managed to put on ~5 kg in the last 2 months. Having struggled to keep in shape as a teenager, I am really devastated. Hopefully with the fasting and support from you all I will be able to go back to 60 kg before the end of year, when I will be having my graduation ceremony 🙂

Thoughts on diet so far: Yesterday was my first FD and I clocked in 500 cal without much trouble. I did wake up hungry at 06:40 though. I noticed that I am thinking about food less for some reason.

Day 5 – Ireland 🇮🇪 -NFD

Quick check in. Family here. Very busy and have to go to work now. Going to be a busy family weekend but looking forward to it.

Have a great Friday everyone

Day 5 UK NFD

Just a quick check in as we’re going away to visit family for a few days. It’s my Mum’s 60th Birthday party tonight so it’s going to be a stressful day getting everything organised but I know it will all come good tonight.

Well I succeeded on my 4 day B2B and it was nowhere near as hard as I thought it was going to be. Plus my carbtastic tum has inflated so I just need to try and not over indulge too much other the weekend.

Wishing you all a fab weekend. 😁

Day 5, Cornwall UK, NFD

This tortoise took a little pause this week and gained 0.1kg to 72.6kg! Aghhhh. Still doing 2 fast days a week but really struggling to get off this plateau.

I lost a lot of weight about 20yrs ago and paused at this exact same place. So this time, I must not give up and must keep going to get rid of the last 6-8kgs. Very interesting @northerndawn what your doc said about weight in mid life onwards. I am about the same height as you and 160lbs feels good for me, especially compared to over 200lbs. But I think 150lbs would feel better.

This autumn is going to be a test of my long-term commitment to 5:2. Do I have the strength of character and purpose to keep going and the honesty to make the last few adjustments to my eating habits? I have to continue this journey and not get diverted by other things (eg expanding my business, which should not be 100% of my life!) and acquaintances who doubt, but who are not in a better place than me.

Day 5 Belfast NFD
    A FD that accidentally (?! )ended up at around 800 cals due to lack of planning.
    On the Christmas theme, quite a few shops now are packing the shelves with Christmas goodies. Was looking for a new table lamp for my freshly painted hall and had to wade my way through a stag in a wood, Santa going down the chimney…. not sure how that would look in July?

I found this article about cravings which might be of interest.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/4lM8YkdnPc1b6LSHs5LT0tm/the-big-craving-beating-experiment

@rainbowsmile – humour has been the backbone of our family. My OH has a very dry sense of humour and my boys have inherited his talent for quirky one liners. You need a thick skin here! Interesting insight into insulin and use of gin. Maybe my puppy would like a G & T instead of those expensive worming tablets?
    @fasterjo – good luck with your piano.
    @kerryn73 – how many of us have stood by that fridge? You need some of that tape they put round crime scenes to put over the door on FDs!
    @michelinme – I think that was a special day.
    @diana123 – ((Hugs)) at this difficult time
    @at – your volunteering in the kitchen sounds amazing. I volunteer for the Red Cross in a community support scheme. It’s so rewarding.
    @amanda975 – I must have missed your first post. Good luck
    @shinything – enjoy your time with your mum. These are precious moments.
    @anne Marilyn- 69 years married? WOW! Many congratulations to your parents
    @beedoo – we’re here to watch your back. Tiredness is such a killer. Hope your mood improves soon.
    @northern Dawn – interesting take on weight measuring. I was listening to an article on the radio yesterday about concern that many over 65s are taking health too seriously and are actually undernourished. I don’t think that’s my problem!
    @heyheyceline – great start!
    @sarahbob and @ Daffodil2010 – enjoy your family time

Off now to take doggy for a lead walk. She’s not allowed off the lead for ten days, or climb upstairs. This is SO hard for an active collie who doesn’t understand. Yesterday, I caught her jumping from sofa to sofa like a crazy thing, so I guess I’m going to have to relax the rules a bit in case she hurts herself.

I’m going to steal @diana123’s great thought to end. ‘We can not become what we want by remaining what we are.’

Day 5 Norfolk (UK) NFD

Yesterday’s fast was ok – ish. It was torture watching the OH eat his piece of banana and walnut loaf!

I’m battling against feeling so fed up with being out of work. The longer it goes on, the more down I feel. And normally when I feel down I eat.

“Don’t wait until you’ve reached your goal to be proud of yourself. Be proud of every step you take toward reaching that goal.”

Day 5 NSW Australia NFD
    (6.50pm Friday)
    Hi to each of you. Just checking in for accountability. Enjoying reading all your posts.

Have a relaxing and refreshing weekend be you fasting, non fasting or maintaining!

Bye for now xx

Day 5, UK, ?

Delighted to have achieved my target of 2 FDs this week. And I’m NOT going to blow the good work over the next 3 days either. Meals are planned – including what I will be eating out tonight at the comedy club with my friend. Instead of the usual cheeseburger in brioche bun and deep-fried sweet potato fries I am going to have aubergine and chickpea curry and rice. Having had 5 AF nights since Sunday (last night was hard but OH saved us both and I’m sooooo grateful to him this morning) I’m going to be extremely mindful and drink lots of water in between the 2 pints that I will allow myself to have. There is every chance that I will comfortably stay within TDEE today – but I’m not going to name it until tomorrow morning. Suffice to say, very happy with progress this week.

I have noticed how the last two nights’ sleep have felt very long and put this down to the fact that it’s been natural sleep – not zombie wine induced sleep.

@rainbowsmile – sorry but we took our bath out (much to OH’s regret) and replaced it with a large shower – otherwise you’d have been very welcome to pop up country for a wallow. Glad to hear you’re alright really 🙂
    Thinking of you all @diana123 and you too @shinything x
    @ccco – well done on eradicating 2lbs 🙂
    @redrockgirl302 – first rain since May!!!! We may grumble about the weather in the UK, but we’re very fortunate in reality.
    How lovely for your parents, you and your siblings @annemarilyn – a wonderful new memory for you all.
    @beedoo – you’re right – today WILL be a good day – you can do it 🙂
    Happy birthday to your daughter @anna6 – can’t wait to hear what feast you prepare for her birthday meal!
    Great news @northerndawn – and thank for a very interesting post – food for thought!
    @sarahbob – do you mean deflated? 🙂 🙂 Well done 🙂
    I think you already know the answer to your question @cornish-jane – there’s no way you’re going to undo all your hard work. You’ll have ups and downs, but this WOL is so forgiving.
    @at – what a rewarding project to be part of – kudos!
    @metatauta & @bert1802 – how are your weeks going?

Happy Friday friends.

2nd post

@claire-suzanne – have you thought about volunteering some hours in a charity shop? Not only would it be a distraction and uplifting for you and great help for the charity, but employers look positively on people who can put volunteering on their CVs. There’s also a cheeky upside. You get to see the new (preloved) clothes coming in before they go on sale!!

Day 5, Guildford UK, WFD

Yesterday turned into a CFD, so today is going to be a WFD. So stressed no heating or hot water and yesterday no water at all. The plumber forgot to turn it back on when he left and I didn’t know what to do.

So tired as it was very cold last night and sleep eluded me. My ankle doesn’t like the cold either.

I am sitting in my health club, I overslept missing my physio appointment which is now rebooked, came to the sauna and missed my exercise class. I am not happy at all and so grumpy again.

Horrid horrid horrid.

Thank you for the offer @strawberriesandcream but I am so grumpy no human should be anywhere near me at the moment.

Pocket Fasting
    @dykask WFD
    @mia139
    @dingping
    @rainbowsmile WFD
    @1in7bn

Mari

3rd post

And finally……

I recently subscribed to ‘mynakedmind.com’ and received this email from Annie Grace the other day. I checked back with her as to whether I could share it with my friends here and she is very happy that I do. What you will read below arrived the day after I asked myself yet again “why oh why do I keep doing this to myself?????” Now I know 🙂

“Friend

Have you ever done something that was the exact opposite of what you intended to do? Like throw dirty clothes in the garbage rather than the hamper? Put the paper towels in the fridge? Look for you cell phone while you’re talking on it?

The brain is a pretty amazing thing. In a study done at Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences, scientists revealed that some of our decisions are made in the unconscious mind before we are even aware of them! In the experiment, participants were asked to freely decide to use either their left or right hand to push a button. Through the use of fMRI, researchers were looking to see if they could predict which hand participants would choose to use before they consciously made their decision.

The results? By tracking patterns in the frontopolar cortex of the brain, researchers could predict which hand the participant would choose 7 SECONDS before they were consciously aware of their decision!

Our unconscious mind knows what we’re going to do before we’ve consciously made a choice. It’s why you reach for those fries or a breadstick even though you’re on a diet.

Or why we reach for a drink even though we *think* we’ve decided never to drink again. There’s things we do habitually and we’re so conditioned to do that that we do it automatically. That drink after work has become what we do so when we’re operating on autopilot there’s no chance of letting our conscious mind overpower the unconscious mind – they are wrestlers from two completely different weight classes.

The only way to change the unconscious mind is to reshape our experiences. Recently I’ve been working hard on doing that with another unhealthy habit of mine – the need to always be doing something. I’m learning to just be – which is hard. If I’m sitting on the couch I feel like I should be doing something – folding laundry, reading a book, etc. Who just sits?

The same girl who used to think she needed a drink to relax can now just sit. In the silence. And truly appreciate it.

Consciously yours,
    Annie”

Day 5 – LONDON, UK – FD

Day 5 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Two 800 calories FDs this week and I’m back at the low end of my maintenance weight range this morning. Since starting 5:2 in July 2017 most of my FDs have been at 800 calories and I have managed to drop 30 lbs in 10 months and have been maintaining since May. I did a few 500 calories FDs but got too hungry and ended up eating too much on NFDs so it just didn’t suit me but I find a 800 calories sufficient and sustainable to continue this WOE forever.

Keep strong everyone!

2nd post

@strawberriesandcream your 3rd post has got me pondering about my Friday night red wine 🤔

@rainbowsmile better times are ahead 🤗

That really makes you think ( or not!) @strawberriesandcream

Second post

@strawberriesandcream haha, yes I did mean my tummy has deflated luckily lol

Third post

@beedoo chin up. Sending you lots of positive vibes

Day 5 Ireland NFD

Thought I had posted this morning but must not have done it properly. Will try to eat sensibly now over next 3 days!! Easier said than done!

Day 5 NC USA FD

Canes lost the hockey game in OT. 🙁 At least they got a point in the standings. I had a slice of pizza and a coffee at the game which I don’t think was too bad calorie wise. Only the coffee made it hard to sleep on an already late night for me. Woke up more tired then I went to bed. Hope my zombie like state will not tempt me to go over on my FD.

Pocket Fasting
    @dykask WFD
    @mia139
    @dingping
    @rainbowsmile WFD
    @1in7bn
    @beththenew

Day 5……Florida……NFD

I’m a day behind and a post late. It seems like yesterday morning, I just ran out of time and did make time to post. So, I haven’t really done any fasting all week, but they all have been pretty controlled. Now, here’s what I got to thinking, Matilda been a crazy crazy dragon, so, I decide instead of forcing her in to her cage, I would trick her into it with CD’s. For the most part, I’m thinking it is working since I stepped on Cruella this morning and she’s is giving me the thumbs up with some poundage lost. I’m going to continue on this path until Monday and slap both of them with a FD.

@ciren……So glad to hear your car is back home…..

I have today off, but it’s going to be a crazy day. The hubby is off to, so we are making this our run around day. He’s at mass already this morning, I’ll go tonight with my oldest seeing it’s first Friday. But when he gets home, we’re going to flip our mattress, take our boys out to lunch, go grocery shopping, go to the second hand store and look for a jacket and a dress for a wedding we have coming in Nov., pick up my truck from the mechanic, yep, she has some issues, she was leaking antifreeze. No good especially living in a state that will never ever ever cool down. We’ve been experiencing mid 90’s for months now. Oh how I would love a month of cool weather!
    Then, we coming home and we’re going to try and get our winter garden in.
    It’s been so damn hot, we’re weeks behind on getting the seeds planted!
    Plus, I’m sick of my counters being full of starter kits! We only plant from seeds and we start them in the house, so my kitchen is a make shift greenhouse until the time is right! I’m sooooo over them right now!

Okay, I’m just rambling away now! Somebody stop me!

A nurse friend asked me where she could get scrubs and I said probably hanging out on the passenger side of his best friends ride!

Day 5 UK FD

Second post

Thanks for all the positive vibes. I am definitely feeling them! So glad to be a part of this group of wonderful people.

Mid afternoon here and FD going well! Have had a couple of teas, a mug of miso and a coffee. Just about to wake the little one up from his slumber. Extra long nap after a long morning running around in the park and zoo! Sun is shining and I’m feeling so much better.

Sending lots of positive thoughts back to you all x

Day 5 UK CD

Good enough day yesterday as FD morphed to MFD with OMAD supper.V glad I made the effort to cook, albeit late, and get myself to bed at a reasonable time. Just broke my fast with a banana and clementine, hopefully keep me going til supper time.

My weekly weigh day shows me still at 144lbs, been there or thereabouts since July. Holding on to @bert1802‘s post in September challenge, reflecting that her 4 month weight plateau was a wonderful time of other body changes. I’m going to keep going with 2 FDs/week, daily yoga & meditation and majoriing in self-care & sleep. Who knows how things will look by the end of the month?

Been juggling things today – skype meeting, different appts at home and project work I need to get done before the end of the day. And Really looking forward to a solid day off tomorrow – first in a while and last whole day til after next weekend’s events. Head & body staying together, feeling blessed within it all.

@northerndawn that was fascinating, thanks for sharing
    @sarahbob great job with the b2b2b2b! Hope you have a lovely family time 🙂
    @shinything hope all goes as well as possible with your mum. I’m in a similar sort of place with my mother, who is increasingly frail and finding it hard to get around. Difficult balance of acknowledging physical changes and helping with new needs, while keeping the relationship and making it a cherishing time xxx
    @diana123 thinking of you, and @coda xx
    @claire-suzanne i think we’ve all been there with the Eating Our Feelings thing x
    @strawberriesandcream great job with the two FDs 🙂
    @rainbowsmile sending you a huge hug xxx

Here’s to breathing spaces and tapping into inner wisdom, whatever the day brings 🙂

Day 5 USA (Illinois) NFD

I actually ate 3 meals yesterday -something I seldom do.Just barely over TDEE on the day, but that’s okay.

@northerndawn – I love the sound of your very smart doctor! Yeah for us staying healthy as we age. My 160# is right at 25 BMI, and I am content with that. Who needs all my 70-year-old wrinkles showing up! I keep my cholesterol in check with krill oil (like fish oil) but don’t take any medicines. Well, my vitamins and minerals I do daily.

Onward and downward.

Day 5: Gloucestershire UK: NFD.
    Successful FD yesterday!!! So week one complete, I can eat until Monday.

Day 5, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Having quite some headache today. Wondering if this is a reaction to yesterday’s flu shot. 🤔🤔🤔
    A very short 5 hour night does not help!
    Have to be careful to stay within TDEE.

@strawberriesandcream: Very interesting how our thinking works!!!

Have a good Friday everyone! 😊😊😊

Started 5:2 on Monday. NFD. From South Coast. Teacher and mum of two.

Have somehow managed to put on 3 stone in the last 3 years. Have done 5:2 in the past and had success, but for some reason haven’t really done any real focus on myself and my health in the last 3 years.

Feeling guilty as ate biscuits and brownies at work today, which is silly. I know I need to have tactic for avoiding it as I felt quite ill after all that sugar.

@rainbowsmile: You need more hugs… sending you another, these days WILL pass xx
    @annemarilyn: re: Plantar Fasciitis. Thanks for the advice. I have a spiky massage ball I use. Not sure if it would freeze. I find alternate heat and cold packs help too. My physio told me that one.
    @beedoo. Keep reading the posts (if you have time) they may help you feel inspired. Stress of sleepless nights doesn’t help. Maybe get a relaxation CD?
    @dykask: 70 FDs… impressive. Don’t leave all the WFDs till the last minute, eh?
    @heyheyceline: Yay!!
    @claire-suzanne: Hope you get your dream job soon. Good luck xx

Day 5 UK FD

Yesterday was a washout, awful cystitis….so no fasting as I needed to take a handful of painkillers just to make it through the day.

But back on the wagon today, so adding myself to the list.

Happy Friday everyone!

Pocket Fasting
    @dykask WFD
    @mia139
    @dingping
    @rainbowsmile WFD
    @1in7bn
    @beththenew
    @fasterjo

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 1,059 total)

You must be logged in to reply.