The Maintenance Chatbox… come and share your success with us!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight maintenance
The Maintenance Chatbox… come and share your success with us!

This topic contains 11,250 replies, has 172 voices, and was last updated by  Carolannfud 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 11,251 through 11,259 (of 11,259 total)

• Sounds a wonderful celebration, Barata. Is Sydney fairly safe? I can’t stop thinking about all the lovely Aussies we’ve met on recent tours: Reg, who entertained the coach with a joke every morning and his lovely wife, Leigh, Pat and Judy, both couples from Victoria, then lovely Rob and Linda from South Australia. I feel sick watching the news – it’s truly like hell! Just heard that your idle PM is trying to evade any responsibility.

My cousin and her husband are visiting today. They lived near Brisbane for 3 years.

Take care, everyone.

Polly, the places most vulnerable to fire are small communities and isolated properties, bordering on dense bush. Sydney suburbs have a lot of fingers of rugged, inaccessible bushland but, so far, any fires here have been controlled quickly. Our only way of stopping this is drenching rains. The drought effected ground, all over the state, is primed for burning, ferociously, as soon as a spark comes in contact.
    Despite what our PM (and the right wing press) says, these fires are unprecedented and an unbelievable new normal…they are huge, and extensive. The available manpower and equipment just cannot cope.
    Sadly, this is exactly what has been predicted for many years as the result of climate change. We all need to rethink and do our bit. P 😕

Australia and the UK share the same fate of a completely useless prime minister. You have ScoMo, we have BoJo, neither of whom seem to give a monkey’s about anything other than their own political career, concentrating on coming out with quotable quotes which they think will impress the punters.
    I suppose the only good thing to come out of the devastation and the loss of lives and livelihoods would be a far greater understanding of what climate change can do, thereby encouraging us, and even more so the powers that be, to do everything that can be done to prevent further massive disasters across the world.

Don’t get me started on mendacious, amoral Johnson and that overgrown student, Corbyn, whose stubborn idealism led to this. 🤬

Sadly, Herm, there are still a lot of people who still believe the spin. After all, our ScoMo’s background is as a (failed) PR man. This is not normal, but they are trying their hardest to belive it is.
    Unprecedented, but not unpredicted. 😕😕

Hi all, I’m not quite at maintenance yet, I still have about 3-4 kilograms to lose. But I thought I’d join in because I know I will make it now.

I’ve struggled with my weight all my life and nothing seemed to work. My heaviest weight I saw on the scale was mid 2018 when I weighed in at 136 kilograms (300 pounds), I decided to do something about it on 23rd January 2019 after seeing Michael Mosley on the television talking about his fast800 diet.

I started on that day at 131.5 kilograms (290 pounds) During the year the weight just dropped off me and I weighed in on 13th December 2019 at 87 kilograms (191 pounds) My ultimate goal is to get to around 83-84 kilos, but I’m finally comfortable with where my weight is.

Brilliant work, Neil. It is SO rewarding taking care of your own health, isn’t it? A few simple skills, and you become empowered.
    The last kgs are definitely the hardest to shift. The fast, initial losses are easier, but inspiring and good training for the rest of your life. Remember how good you feel being so much lighter (and healthier) and promise yourself never to slip back to “the bad old days”.
    Well done and welcome. Keep posting, we know your success. Purple

Well done, Neil. I think IF works because it’s nit so much a diet, but a way of life, so it’s reasonably easy to maintain. The flexibility Aldo means we don’t have to make a big fuss about being ‘on a diet’ when we’re out socially.

Pol

Congratulations Neilithicman, that is a wonderful achievement and those remaining kg will come off too. 😊

Viewing 9 posts - 11,251 through 11,259 (of 11,259 total)

You must be logged in to reply.