The Maintenance Chatbox… come and share your success with us!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight maintenance
The Maintenance Chatbox… come and share your success with us!

This topic contains 11,627 replies, has 174 voices, and was last updated by  hermajtomomi 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 11,251 through 11,300 (of 11,673 total)

• Sounds a wonderful celebration, Barata. Is Sydney fairly safe? I can’t stop thinking about all the lovely Aussies we’ve met on recent tours: Reg, who entertained the coach with a joke every morning and his lovely wife, Leigh, Pat and Judy, both couples from Victoria, then lovely Rob and Linda from South Australia. I feel sick watching the news – it’s truly like hell! Just heard that your idle PM is trying to evade any responsibility.

My cousin and her husband are visiting today. They lived near Brisbane for 3 years.

Take care, everyone.

Polly, the places most vulnerable to fire are small communities and isolated properties, bordering on dense bush. Sydney suburbs have a lot of fingers of rugged, inaccessible bushland but, so far, any fires here have been controlled quickly. Our only way of stopping this is drenching rains. The drought effected ground, all over the state, is primed for burning, ferociously, as soon as a spark comes in contact.
    Despite what our PM (and the right wing press) says, these fires are unprecedented and an unbelievable new normal…they are huge, and extensive. The available manpower and equipment just cannot cope.
    Sadly, this is exactly what has been predicted for many years as the result of climate change. We all need to rethink and do our bit. P πŸ˜•

Australia and the UK share the same fate of a completely useless prime minister. You have ScoMo, we have BoJo, neither of whom seem to give a monkey’s about anything other than their own political career, concentrating on coming out with quotable quotes which they think will impress the punters.
    I suppose the only good thing to come out of the devastation and the loss of lives and livelihoods would be a far greater understanding of what climate change can do, thereby encouraging us, and even more so the powers that be, to do everything that can be done to prevent further massive disasters across the world.

Don’t get me started on mendacious, amoral Johnson and that overgrown student, Corbyn, whose stubborn idealism led to this. 🀬

Sadly, Herm, there are still a lot of people who still believe the spin. After all, our ScoMo’s background is as a (failed) PR man. This is not normal, but they are trying their hardest to belive it is.
    Unprecedented, but not unpredicted. πŸ˜•πŸ˜•

Hi all, I’m not quite at maintenance yet, I still have about 3-4 kilograms to lose. But I thought I’d join in because I know I will make it now.

I’ve struggled with my weight all my life and nothing seemed to work. My heaviest weight I saw on the scale was mid 2018 when I weighed in at 136 kilograms (300 pounds), I decided to do something about it on 23rd January 2019 after seeing Michael Mosley on the television talking about his fast800 diet.

I started on that day at 131.5 kilograms (290 pounds) During the year the weight just dropped off me and I weighed in on 13th December 2019 at 87 kilograms (191 pounds) My ultimate goal is to get to around 83-84 kilos, but I’m finally comfortable with where my weight is.

Brilliant work, Neil. It is SO rewarding taking care of your own health, isn’t it? A few simple skills, and you become empowered.
    The last kgs are definitely the hardest to shift. The fast, initial losses are easier, but inspiring and good training for the rest of your life. Remember how good you feel being so much lighter (and healthier) and promise yourself never to slip back to “the bad old days”.
    Well done and welcome. Keep posting, we know your success. Purple

Well done, Neil. I think IF works because it’s nit so much a diet, but a way of life, so it’s reasonably easy to maintain. The flexibility Aldo means we don’t have to make a big fuss about being ‘on a diet’ when we’re out socially.

Pol

Congratulations Neilithicman, that is a wonderful achievement and those remaining kg will come off too. 😊

Wow! We’ve all gone quiet. Are you all as complacent as I am or is everyone on target. I know a number of my fasting friends have other issues to deal with at the present. Thankfully, we hear that the worst of the fires have stopped, now the nightmare of picking up pieces starts.

PVE, how is the house search going? Barata, are you sleeping better? Carol, I think you’re ok – hope so, anyway. And Happy, the Six Nations starting next week. The wonderful, poetic Eddie Butler has a programme on BBC 1 tonight. You might be able to get it on iPlayer.

We’re off to freezing cold New Jersey on Friday, grandparent duty. While I’m desperate to see the gorgeous boys, I’m not looking forward to the cold, meaning we’ll be stuck in. To cap it all, they’ve just acquired a pup!
    This was quite a late request, so I’ve got quite wound up about it. Stupidly, tension means my tinnitus is worse,or I don’t cope as well and I’m not sleeping well.

Take care everyone.
    Pol. πŸ™‹πŸΌ

I had a epiphany this week. I gained weight the previous week despite eating low calories and exercising lots, so I started eating more calories, about 25% more per day, and I ended up losing 1.5 kilos last week. I guess my metabolism had slowed right down and I needed to kick start it again.

Hi Pol.
    Sorry to hear your tinitus is aggravated. I hope it clears for your trip. Very frustrating! I’m not house hunting. That was Barata. And she’s found one πŸ™‚ I’m busy with our growing grandkids. They are all such a joy.

Neil, sometimes weight loss, and gain, takes a while to be obvious. Permanent change is only evident after a reasonable time. This wol has to be considered in years, rather than days or weeks, but certainly benefits with daily weighing and considering eating patterns over 24/48 hour periods. I do agree that regular change to “kick start”, even if it reduces boredom or complacence, is a good idea. All the best. P

Polly I’m good. Babysitting grandchildren in Brisbane where it’s hot and humid and I find the humidity very difficult to cope with.
    We’re going to Canada in March this year. First time at that time of year – no idea how we’ll cope! Have a lovely time with your boys. Are they all still vegetarian?

Neilithicman, good you got a positive result changing your routine. I think it’s good to shake things up a bit now and then.

G’day Carol
    Very humid here, too. It’s SO much harder to keep cool, isn’t it? We spend a good part of the day in the pool, beach or lake. πŸ™‚
    Canada in March will be terrific. It’s great for a change for an Aussie!!
    My weight is up at the upper limit, but not rising any more, so I can cope. I KNOW where I’m going “wrong”, but need to indulge a little at present. Still only 2 meals a day and lots of veg, so it won’t kill me!! P

Hi, Neil, well done on your epiphany. My daughter is the same. Having introduced us to 5:2 when Michael wrote it, she had let her weight creep up again, complacent because she exercises so much. She focused now though and has lost around 15 lb.

Ooops l m sorry I had you moving, PVE. Weight-wise you sound like me. I’m trying to convince myself that the pound over target has gone on my cheeks! Facial, of course. Enjoy the pool and beach, I don’t envy you the humidity! Cyprus has a lovely climate, as there’s always a breeze, do never humid. We’re planning a return trip soon.

Canada in March does sound lovely,Carol. Good walks as things wake up. New Jersey in March is usually great, but two years ago we had the Nor’ Easter, which curtailed our city break in Philadelphia. The American branch is not vegetarian, sadly. In fact I and my lovely niece are the only veggies. I generally lose weight when we’re in the states as I don’t like the food.

I’ll report in,
    Bye, y’all.

I’m also still here after staying under the radar while I met a whole string of translation deadlines, now all done and dusted. Which means I’m delighting in having a lot less to do, for now at least.
    What I am definitely NOT delighting in is the prospect, two days from now, of the UK pulling out of the European Union, the most bonkers decision ever made, allegedly because it was “the will of the people”.
    We shall mourn this stupid separation by hanging the EU’s blue flag with the gold stars outside front window, which will be left ajar while we play – very loudly – the Ode to Joy, from Beethoven’s 9th, which is also the EU anthem. Cambridge is a staunchly Remain city, but with a bit of luck we might manage to p*** off any Brexiteer who might be passing.

Good for you, Herm! We will drink a toast in memory of the EU.

Go Herm!
    David Cameron was just being interviewed on our evening interview show. Pissweak.

Pol & Purple,
    I knew you would agree. πŸ™‚

I plan to wear black from neck to foot, topped off by my EU beret. Not just angry, but genuinely bereft, mourning and feeling disenfranchised and deprived of half my citizenship.

And we will be bemoaning our departure in the land of the orange poltroon! 😒

Fast, while I don’t have an EU beret I often dress in black from neck to foot, usually offset by a nice splash of colour. However, I may well follow your example of deepest black.The deep blue of the EU flag will be sufficient.

Sorry Polly, got my vegos mixed up! Knew you had an issue with food over there but thought it was about feeding the boys. Silver lining – weight loss for you 😊
    Sadly, I don’t think Ive ever met a food I didn’t like! πŸ˜‚ in Canada they make really nice salads and they have lovely meat. What I don’t like is the way so many people eat Costco stuff. My husband and I always cook while we’re there, just as we do here in Brisbane.

Purple, the humidity is really doing me in this time!

Hermaj , your job sounds so interesting.

I take salad gear and top up with protein wherever I travel.

Well, February 1st… brave new world. Not. I didn’t turn the telly or the radio on yesterday for fear of inadvertently catching some gloating Brexiteer, well, gloating. I gather that joke of a man masquerading as PM kept a low profile too! I hope it breaks him.

The telly will be on this afternoon for the Six Nations though Pol! A little ray of sunshine in what has otherwise, and fittingly, been a dismal damp winter.

Weight wise, 60 is still a dim and distant memory! I dither around between 61 and 63 at the moment. My middle aged hormones going haywire aren’t helping, nor is the lack of activity due to the rain… But mostly I suspect it’s the food I’m putting in my mouth! Hopefully spring is round the corner and we get some sunshine! Then I can stop winter eating…

Hi, Happy! We’re in Princeton and I’ve just opened the iPad to text all my friends with warnings not to text me during the game! We’re expected to go to see the boys play basketball, which I would normally enjoy, but… the game will be recorded to watch later. Not quite the same. 🏴󠁧󠁒󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁒󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁒󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Depressing yesterday to see that self-congratulatory fool’s countdown and flag on Downing Street. Still, having been a Labour supporter all my life, I can’t say I’m surprised at the reaction to Corbyn.

Weight stuck on top wriggle room or just above.

Ha ha, I won’t mention the score!

We managed to see It! Great result and all the boys had a game! Prospects good for next week?

7 Year check-in:

Date: 3/2/13, 3/2/14, 3/2/15, 3/2/16, 3/2/17, 3/2/18, 3/2/19, 2/2/20
    Kg: # # 94.3, # 77.6, # 78.1, # 79.8, # 81.9, # 81.0, # 82.4, # 80.7
    BMI: # 27.0, # 22.2, # 22.3, # 22.8, # 23.4, # 23.2, # 23.6, # 23.1

here’s to the next 7 years.

Nice one, Mr Data!!! πŸ€—πŸ€—

Greetings, team. Yes, Polly, I’m the one on the move. We visited our new house yesterday, and have moved settlement forward a couple of weeks. So will be in our new home at the end of next month! So looking forward to it, but also enjoying temperatures in the 30s at the moment, with Australian heat blowing our way. I am having an ocean dip each day, and have even taken up diving (if you can call it that) from the pontoon off the beach. Diving was something I never learned.

B, diving is the pure joy of being in water!!!
    We did some snorkeling last week (we do it often). The fish in Sydney are increasingly more tropical, and abundant. Diving with the fish is an entre into another world.
    Heavy tropical rain last night, so, finally, the garden can smile.
    P

Well, I’m still alive…although thoroughly depressed by the prospect of not seeing the sun yet again this weekend…and being trapped at home… I’m just out early shopping to get home before storm Dennis hits. Our lanes will be quickly impassable once its starts raining and although I’m fed up with the inside of my house I’d rather be there than stuck in floods somewhere else!

On the weight front, I had a couple of good fasts this week that I then mostly sabotaged with too much snacking (nuts, seeds, raisins – for iron you understand 😊) on non-fast days.

Roll on some good weather so I can get outside for some exercise and make some vit D!

We’re just home from the USA and still rather dopey. I didn’t lose any weight during my stay this time – too wet for walks and consoling myself with daily indulgences of ice cream, I admit.

We’ll I did a couple of fasts and 16:8 this week and my weight has stayed up. I really need to rearrange my days and get the excess off. πŸ€”

There seem to be a number of us in the same place, marking time. I had a good week, dropping a kg, but now putting it on again. Is it the chocolate, the cherries? The nuts? I will have to make a more concerted effort in the coming week.

So far, I’m avoiding the “gain 10kg in 10 years”! I started 5:2 nearly 8 years ago 😜😜πŸ€ͺ

I’m definitely marking time on top wriggle room. But now I’m pondering a bombshell question my grandson, aged 8, asked – ‘Why do you look older than grandad?’ 😲😒.

Happy, good to hear from you. Hope Dennis hasn’t hit too badly. We seemed to have escaped the worse, although I didn’t go out yesterday and work after the 2000 floods should mean the Alun is okay. Rugby was very disappointing last week, eh?

Polly, when we both lost weight in 2013, I asked my son why everyone only commented on Mr P’s weight loss. He said “Because you didn’t look as if you needed to lose weight, mum.” Love him! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

Oh no Polly! I feel for you! My OH has always looked very young, and my middle aged hormones (and stress and probably weight loss) have taken their toll on me in the last couple of years, whereas the bit of extra weight he carries keeps him looking plumped up. We are like an overinflated balloon with skin stretched taut vs a balloon that has lost a bit of air….πŸ˜‚

The worst of Dennis appears to have missed us, just the usual local road flooding and squelchy garden but nothing worse. We are well above the beck at the bottom of the garden and it doesn’t overspill it’s banks near us thankfully.

What rugby?! 😒

I have been continuing my daily swim, and am certain my diving is improving πŸ™‚ Yesterday I went for a walk along the beach, promising myself an icecream at the dairy. Decided to go the whole length of the sand (met the landlady on the way), then decided that I didn’t need the treat!

I trust that you folks in the UK are managing to dry out, after two storm attacks in a row! Very nasty, from what was shown on the news.

My weight still bobbles around the top of my gains, so we won’t mention that! Love your son’s comment, P πŸ™‚

Bobbling around, myself, B. πŸ€”
    I was strict for a couple of days and dropped 1 kg, so it IS possible, then life gets in the way again. πŸ™‚πŸ™‚
    I’m staggered how few carbs (bread, sweet dessert) it takes to jump up again. πŸ˜’πŸ˜¬πŸ€ͺ P

Hi all, I just finished a weekend bike trip. I cycled 152 kilometers over 2 days, I’m on my one weekly fast day today and then I weigh myself on Wednesday. It’ll be interesting to see what impact it’s had on my weight. I was eating like a pig during the weekend, but according to my ride tracker I burned about 8,000 calories in the two days.

I hope you’re all healthy wealthy and wise, catch you later

All three, thanks, Neil πŸ™‚ And grateful daily. Do post your results.

P, I did a strict week recently, also lost a kg but have bounced back with life, as you say. And I have no bread, rarely sweet dessert, little of the beautiful summer fruit that now surrounds me πŸ™

Impressive Neil!!!
    B, I think we are ‘of an age’ when ANT food sticks! 😐

Translated. πŸ™‚ But I don’t think yesterday’s (non) icecream would have counted in the long run. Next Monday I am starting a week’s carnivore challenge, will let you know how that pans out.

Hi, everyone. We’re fed up with rain every day, but North East Wales has escaped the worst. I am a Valley girl originally and my old town had bad flooding in streets near the river. Again we have promises from the government. But it’s the same government that cut money for flood prevention. Everything is reactive rather than proactive.

I’ve been strangely hunger lately. Weight just on upper wriggle room. I need to be careful, as it’s three and half years now, so complacency is a danger.

Awful rugby weekend! We lost again!

I may as well share my tale of woe with you all tooπŸ™

I went to look after grandies for 2 weeks and absolutely pigged out up there for a number of reasons. I was too scared to weight myself when I first got home but a day or so later when I’d mustered you the courage and hopped on the scales I shouldn’t have been surprised but was absolutely shocked to see I was 1.5kg over top trigger! 😳

So diligently followed a strict 16:8, cut out all fruit and all carbs, no snacking of any sort. 10 days later scales showed 500g below trigger – great! 😊

Weighed again today and back at 1kg above trigger again! 😑

I introduced a little bit of fruit on the weekend, met a friend for lunch which we shared – she ordered bruschetta – what can I say, I thought 2 tiny slices surely won’t be a problem. Then lunch at friends Sunday – wine – and great they served pasta! πŸ˜‚

You’re right Purple, the least little deviation from the regime that seems to work for us means weight sticks.

So good news is, it’s still possible to lose weight, bad news is the least little amount of food puts it on, is my take on all this.

Sad, but true, Carol. πŸ™‚
    We are off for a road trip for 3 days, then flying to visit grandies next week. Can’t see the weight dropping off.
    I KNOW what to do. Just don’t want to. πŸ€ͺπŸ˜œπŸ˜πŸ˜›πŸ€­πŸ€­P

Got it Purple! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Viewing 50 posts - 11,251 through 11,300 (of 11,673 total)

You must be logged in to reply.