Is fasting good or bad for hair? Confused!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Benefits and side effects
Is fasting good or bad for hair? Confused!

This topic contains 3 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Overslept 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Hi everyone,

I’m a male, 30, currently doing 5:2 and loving it, I’ve lost half a stone and I’m getting on well with the diet.

However, I’ve read so many conflicting stories about fasting’s effect on hair; I’m a bit confused.

Some sites have people claiming that fasting is slowing/helping their hair loss, yet others say the fasting is causing their hair loss.

I love the diet, but really don’t want to lose any hair. Can anyone provide any info on this?

Thanks

I’d ignore them all. 5:2 is extremely gentle fasting and I can’t imagine it doing anything to our hair. I’ve been doing 5:2 for two and a half years and no sign of my hair doing anything unusual as a result. Cheers.

hair and weight loss are very closely related, you should not exclude the necessary products that are full of vitamins

Interested in health, sports and weight loss

According to my knowledge, fasting does not cause any types of side effects on hair.

Hi, I strongly advise you to go to a nutritionist and ask him this question. Think twice before you start dieting without consulting your doctor about it. I started interval fasting already when my hair started to fall out due to genetics, so I can’t give you any advice on this. The only thing I can say is that if you need to do a hair transplant, then contact the clinic with the Experienced & Licensed Hair Transplant Team like at https://novahairtransplantnyc.com/, as a lot depends on this in this case. Good luck to you; I hope my comment will be useful

First of all you should to go to a doctor and find out have you got enough useful elements in your organism (protein, iron, fibre…) if not, fasting can harm your organism and it would be bad for your hair. If yes, fasting doesn’t hurt the condition of your hair may they even be better than before

From what I know, they are strongly related, so you must always do your homework before any drastic changes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply.