October 2020 Monthly Challenge — RESET OCTOBER

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
October 2020 Monthly Challenge — RESET OCTOBER

This topic contains 503 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  NorthGeorgia 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 509 total)

• Day 5, Emden Germany, CD

@bellalondon Welcome!

@northerndawn I hope everything will go as planned with the gutter men today.

Have a nice day everyone!

D5 FD800 UK Lake District

After a good weekend NFD’s and exercise I am looking forward to my FD today.

@bellalondon Welcome and congratulations on your loss. Stay with it. It does work.

@emma Taylor So jealous.

@Anneabelle. Glad to see you haven’t lost your post.

@flourbaby Since lockdown we get a Sainsbury’s delivery so I only need to be strong when ordering. I do miss a browse through.

Pocket list Day 5
    @kazoo

Exercise Day 5
    @kazoo

ZBC Day 5
    @kazoo

Have a good Monday.

Day 5 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD
    1st of B2B – 16:8

Today’s official starting weigh in was less than yesterday’s sneak peek, so yes, I have put in a few pounds during my two week Staycation in Ireland BUT only about three pounds…..now that I am mighty happy about as it has been known for me to fain anything up to 10lbs on holiday!!

I suspect that it’s because we were preparing our own meals…..restrictions are still enough that it’s no fun going for a meal with all the face visors and masks and only having a set time in which to eat…..and the “wet” pubs of Ireland (those that don’t sell food) only reopened 21st Sept but after 6 months we weren’t bothered about going to the pub.

So we bimbled about, relaxed, had to leave one county in the North when tighter restrictions came in for that county, and we were so thankful that we have a camper van and could just go wherever we chose.

So I am full of mojo, done my Leslie walk, FD today and will break my fast at circa 1.30 with a small Oatbran bread sandwhich, soup for dinner….

Terrible weather though, so first day back to work, miserable Monday weather, and reports in the news that the country might be going back into total lockdown again. I will not get depressed about that thought…but sheesh.

Have a lovely day everyone.

Day 5 – Lake district UK – CFD

Good morning everyone

@flourbaby – managed to get a walk in yesterday!
    Although not a long way, we stuck to a figure of eight round the village, but it at least does take us down the hill to the estuary. I hadn’t realised how much rain we must have had over the last few days. The estuary flows out into Morecambe Bay a few miles downstream from us, but it’s source is up in the Kentmere valley and it is very much a spate river as well as being tidal near us.

The road at the bottom of the village floods on high tides above 9.5 metres, usually 3 or 4 days a month, only for about an hour, locals know all about it and plan accordingly. Those tides are usually the ones around 12 to 2 both day and night. Weather plays a big part in it as well, strong westerly gales push the tide in higher, heavy rain raises the level of the River Kent and low pressure weather also adds to the fun.

The views out across from Sandside to the Lakeland hills are often pretty spectacular, at this time of year when the night time temperatures drop, the hills ‘come nearer’ or that’s how it seems as the air is so clean and clear. Might try another short stroll today, going to be a while before I’m back on MOAM or long walks.

@stitchincarol – Bison burgers, that could well appeal to the Warthog! Whenever we go on our travels I’m always into trying the local food.
    Norway, loved reindeer stew that we were presented with in a Sami village. Didn’t like the smoked whale meat at all in one costal town though, it was actually the meat (tough and tasteless) as I normally love smoked food.

Take care all

Day 5 – Country NSW, Australia – MFD

Decided to go shopping towards the end of my fast as I realised I didn’t have much of anything (other than my stew) that was suitable for under 800 calories per day. Ended up getting things like rooibos tea bags, eggs, carrots, hummus and small apples. Got home just after 9:30 and decided to cook up 2 eggs and put them on the newly acquired Rivita crispbreads, not a bad little ‘brunch’. Lunch (and it turned out dinner) was 2 carrots and hummus and a snack of one of my little apples, just squeezed in under the 800. Think I’ll need to get a bigger container of hummus though, I love that stuff.

At least having my fast finishing at 9:30-10:00 each day means I don’t have time for breakfast before work and have to wait til lunch or have a snack… might take one of my ‘nut bars’ in tomorrow along with a serving of vegie stew.

Day 5 – UK – FD
    Day 2-4 – NFD 🍷🥂

Back to the forum after a great weekend – good food, wine and company and plenty of walking
    Friday – 10km and a wonderful 3 course meal from L’Enclume with matching wines – @snowflake56 thank you for thinking of me – I had a very tasty beetroot salad followed by the lamb main and a very decadent chocolate fondant this time 😋 (I gather they may be offering the home service once more around Christmas!!!)
    Saturday – wetland grey so day spent at home catching up and baked a plum, almond and pistachio cake for OH, alright I admit I did have a slice to make sure it was OK 🤣 Lovely fresh scallops at the supermarket when I did the weekly food shop so dinner was Scallops with a Butternut Squash puree with fresh sage leaves and pine nuts
    Sunday – Sunshine and blue skies so @kazoo I climbed up Wansfell Pike via Skelghyll Woods and back down via Blue Hill Wood to avoid the crowds – not many go up/down that way. Made the Spicy Mushroom Lasagna from Ottolenghi Flavour (his newest book) Well worth the time spent to make this!

So pressing my RESET BUTTON firmly today with a good old fashioned FD500 – started the day with a Broga class with OH via zoom then drove the car to the local garage for it’s MOT and walked back home – made a batch of Khorasan Flour/plain flour mix fruit scones for OH – it’s his carb loading after/before his runs – I just need to stay away from them…….

I’m now sitting here with a hair mask on whilst I catch up with the weekend’s posts with a ☕️

@brightonbelle – have a fab week in Rome – Enjoy and press your RESET button when you get back.
    @missybear – you know what to do and you can do it – RESET October is the perfect challenge to help those pesky 5lbs melt away once more
    @flourbaby – that MOJO of yours is just lurking round the corner – grab hold of it and hand on tight and remember that we are here for you 🤗 Sorry to hear about your leaky roof ☔️
    @toady – what a great start to your October Challenge 👍
    @dykask – good to hear from you and still water fasting and maintaining – I have highlighted you in the bright green on the spreadsheet!!!
    @markie99 🙏
    @kazoo – did you do that walk on Sunday? it was such a beautiful day – hope OH was OK after his chemo on Friday
    @northerndawn – thanks and glad to report no leaks after the rain we had on Saturday, not particularly heavy rain mind you!! I had a quote for the work but I’m still waiting for the final invoice from our chaps and no down payment required!!
    @daffodil2010 – welcome back after your meander around Ireland and great goal setting – you can do this 💪 I have added you to the pocket lists today for added incentive!!
    @i-hate-lettuce – love the idea of post it notes on fridge, wine rack, cupboard doors or wherever the treats are hiding!!!! sounds like you recovered well from the molar removals…..Thanks for sharing that Caribbean Christmas Cake recipe 😋 I might give it a try this week! You and Mrs IHL had a busy few days in the kitchen……well worth it too by the sounds of it
    @emma-taylor – your Greek village on the coast of the southern Peloponnese peninsula sounds blissful – have a fabulous time!!
    @bellalondon – welcome on board – what a great start with your FD800
    @orthGeorgia – the 230’s are calling your name…..

Pocket list Day 5
    @kazoo
    @daffodil2010
    @at

Exercise Day 5
    @kazoo
    @daffodil2010
    @at

ZBC Day 5
    @kazo
    @daffodil2010
    @at

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 5 CD UK

Feeling more positive today after walk into town…..1 mile. Confess to catching bus back as I didn’t want too much all at once. Will try for another walk of similar length this evening, weather permitting. You notice so much more when walking, it was interesting to see the changes in the gardens.

I have read the list of actions some of you are taking which are all very commendable. For myself I need to take things more slowly so I will start with

1. A walk or some sort of exercise each day.
    2. Not eating between mealtimes.

When these are entrenched I will think about adding more. This fits in with setting achievable goals.

A long time ago on a different thread I posted that I was feeling very down and needed to cheer myself up. I said I was going to treat myself to some make up, a new lipstick or something to lift my spirits.
    A man replied that I should stop thinking about makeup and concentrate on losing weight and phrased it in a very judgemental way. Wrong wrong wrong….just made me Bolshy and angry. How dare he.

That is what is so good about this thread. It is non judgemental and so supportive. We are all in the same boat in wanting better health and weight loss but we are all different and approach the problem differently.
    Sometimes we need to let off steam and that’s fine. Sometimes something is posted that resonates with us and is helpful but we are all there to help each other so a big thank you to all for your support and comments like, ‘hang in there, we’re with you really help.

TTFN

Day 5 – USA/GA – FD

Back up to 242, borderline 243. But, today is a the first FD of a new week. I’m looking forward to Reset October, but need to be careful on my NFDs. I know eating four slices of pizza for supper on Saturday, including a slice past 8 p.m. wasn’t smart, and even though that’s not the end of the world, I didn’t need to keep snacking all day long on Sunday, too! Whoops! OK, got to get back on the train and make it a good FD today, if I ever expect to make it this month out of:

The 240s Club

As we walked humiliated off the stage into the raucous laughter on the dance floor, Lola greeted Wesley and me with tight hugs. “That was fantastic! You both are such good friends, looking all over the place for my shoes!” Lola pointed down at them, currently engaging her feet in some unknown dance move. “Yeah, fan-TAS-tic, Lola,” Wesley said with a scowl. “Awww, Wesley, don’t be too upset! I knew you of all people would be the first to track them down!” I lift my voice, “look, the music is a little loud. Can we move away from the stage to hear each other speak?” Lola nods with a laugh and Wesley rolls his eyes with a sigh as we walk towards the bar area. “Can we get out of here now? It’s 15 minutes until last call, and frankly, I’m not enjoying myself hanging out around here anymore.” Lola tsks-tsks at my comment and said she has been ready to go for quite some time. Wesley is already on his cellphone. “An Uber will be here in about 10 minutes.”

Pocket list Day 5
    @kazoo
    @daffodil2010
    @at
    @northgeorgia

Exercise Day 5
    @kazoo
    @daffodil2010
    @at

ZBC Day 5
    @kazo
    @daffodil2010
    @at
    @northgeorgia

Day 5 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD

It’s only 6am, but I’ve had 9 solid hours of sleep; a welcome contrast to last night, when I did eventually get two more hours of sleep, but felt sleep-deprived all day. I haven’t weighed myself yet this morning, but suspect I’m back up in the 150s; it’s amazing how much damage a beer or two can do to weight loss! Granted, I also ate more each day, but truly not all THAT much more. The comfort is that I know it’s largely water/waste, so today’s FD should take care of it.

@daffodil2010, that’s exactly the way to enjoy a holiday, is to shrug when you’re home, and then hop back on the wagon, with well-earned pride that you only gained 3 pounds. So glad you had an excellent time, and welcome back!
    @EmmaTaylor, your sea swimming sounds absolutely lovely, and I can almost feel it from your description. How fun to get to vacation in Greece vicariously through you!
    @annabelle48, I’m certain that at some point you’ll regain mojo for actions that allow you to lose weight; in the meantime, your actions are keeping you from gaining weight, and that sounds like a win to me!
    @brightonbelle, have a glorious time in Rome!
    @flourbaby, your grocery list sounds yummy! My excitement in the grocery store usually reads fresh peas, haricot verts, Brussels sprouts and broccoli crowns, LOL!
    @markie99, I like how specific your action plan is, and I look forward to reading your report of whether you met it.
    @northgeorgia, interesting article on how cold affects weight loss. As temps are getting colder here, FDs are more miserable because by three or four in the afternoon, I’m generally freezing; I’ll remember that article and pull some comfort from it, LOL! And, I’m so fascinated to see where you’ll take us next in your story!
    @northerndawn, good luck with the gutters getting installed quickly!
    @diana123, you’re doing so well on controlling your eating, I’ll just bet you’ll have a very satisfying loss!
    @dykask, how do you balance your WFD with family life/meals? Do you just not even sit down for the meals, or do you sit down, but simply abstain from the food?
    @snowflake56, how’s the linoleum removal going?
    @kazoo, I’m with you in looking forward to today’s FD. Imagine explaining that to someone who doesn’t fast, however, and looks at you as if you’re an alien with horns, LOL!
    @i-hate-lettuce, you’d have laughed to see my jaw literally drop down at your talk of reindeer stew! I still have some relatives in Norway, and there’s some talk among my siblings of all of us going to Norway in a year or two; I’ll be SURE to have reindeer stew while there if we pull off that trip! (And I’ll skip the smoked whale, LOL!)
    @toady, another excellent day for you; well done!
    @at, please keep describing your meals; such a joy to read and imagine! And I looked up that cookbook, but it’s not yet released; how did you get the recipe?
    @annabelle48 Wow. That man was entirely out of line, and I’m so glad we don’t have anyone like that on this thread. That was a perfectly appropriate reward you were considering! And your action steps? They are perfect…they are SMART, and they’re going to lead to results. Well done.

Pocket list Day 5
    @kazoo
    @daffodil2010
    @at
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol

Exercise Day 5
    @kazoo
    @daffodil2010
    @at
    @stitchincarol

ZBC Day 5
    @kazo
    @daffodil2010
    @at
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol

DTF
    @stitchincarol

This is a busy, busy week. First, lots of tidying to do after yesterday’s cooking, including a batch of salsa, and the chicken stock on the stove that simmered all afternoon and night; DS spent the night last night and will deal with it this morning before heading back to his apartment in Omaha. Thursday morning we leave at 6am for Colorado for DGD’s 1st birthday, driving home on Monday.

Is anyone struggling this week? It sounds as if mojo is present and accounted for in most of us!

Monday’s Musing: what is more motivating to you: shame or incentive? In other words, because you so hate whatever is bad (overeating, overdrinking, over-filling-the-clothes), or because you so long for whatever is good (empty belly, loose fitting clothes). Is there some item of clothing that’s motivating you? And who was wanting to fit into a pair of white linen trousers?? I remember that from this summer, but don’t remember who said that…

I look forward to hearing answers!

Day 5 Wisconsin USA CD
    Reading and posting to this group continues to encourage me to be accountable. It’s interesting how every approach is different yet we all work towards weight loss and better health in the best way for each of us. I’m thankful to be here.

Met eating goals with portion control and avoiding sugar and processed foods. Since I cook for my OH as well as myself, dinner is often managed with grilled meat or fish (pork tenderloin in this case) and a tray of oven-roasted vegetables.

Met exercise goals with a 30-minute yoga practice, walking (cool but sunny and dry) and yard work. This resulted in almost 12,000 steps logged. It was nice to be out in the sunshine, emptying flower and herb pots, putting things away for the winter, but a little sad too. We’ve been able to have friends over for socially-distanced meals and get-togethers and that is ending with the cold weather, just as my outdoor yoga class and outdoor biking have ended.

@i-hate-lettuce, I love your descriptions of the area surrounding your home. We visited the Lake District years ago on a too brief tour and experienced a glimpse of the beauty you describe.
    @stitchincarol, thanks. Keeping my plan specific is really helping me stay on track.

To answer the question posed by @stitchincarol, for me it’s incentive over shame. I’m all about the positives. I want the clothes I love to fit and feel good, not tight. I want to feel as if my movement is free and less restricted. I want my knees to support less weight.

Feeling good, happy to be participating in this challenge and looking forward to a weigh-in on Wednesday to see if a pound is gone.

Plan for Day 5:
    Practice 16:8, avoid sugar and processed foods
    Eat under my TDEE
    Continue walking and daily yoga practice

Pocket list Day 5
    @kazoo
    @daffodil2010
    @at
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol

Exercise Day 5
    @kazoo
    @daffodil2010
    @at
    @stitchincarol
    @markie99

ZBC Day 5
    @kazo
    @daffodil2010
    @at
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol
    @markie99

DTF
    @stitchincarol

Day 5 Murrells Inlet South Carolina FD

Just popping on for accountability as I have lots to do to keep busy today. So far feeling good about how my fast day is going.

Failure will never overtake me if my determination is strong enough.

Have a great everyone.

Day 5 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Day flown by, quick check in for accountability. Keeping on 🙂

Day 5, London, UK, FD

Bog standard 500 cal FD today, gently, gently getting myself back into the groove!!!

I’m looking forward to grabbing that mojo at the first opportunity I get.

@i-hate-lettuce, I’m glad you managed a walk, no surprises for me regarding the epic rainfall we’ve had ………………. most of it came through my roof!!!

@stitchincarol, I think like myself, with Ottolenghi, @at will have got her copy of ‘Flavour’ hot off the press about a month ago, I guess across the pond you have to wait a little longer, as with Dr. M’s books too!!! Patience grasshopper!!!

Stay strong everyone……………………

A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success.”– Unknown

Day 5 MN/USA. NFD (instead of the planned FD)

I’ll try for hitting all the lists tomorrow. Today there is a lot of commotion and some chaos, and I’ve already turned to some comfort foods. I’m not way out of line, so far. I’m going to try to eat low carb, stay under TDEE, and hope for tomorrow to be a better day.
    Good luck to everyone!

Day 6, FD, Aus

Had a very indulgent long weekend. Friends came over for birthday cake (their birthdays – two completely separate friendship circles with identical birth dates!) so I’ve been eating far too much sugar all weekend. Perfect incentive for a FD. My body is craving a fast!

V envious of all the lovely holidays some of us are enjoying. Last night, OH and I made tentative plans for a Queensland island holiday next year. Something to look forward to.

Looking forward to the next installment of the Adventures of Wesley and Lola.

Good luck finding and grasping on to your mojos everyone.

Day 6 – Japan – NFD

My water fast was harder than normal, but I made it through. The last couple days my workouts have been troublesome too. I don’t have any valid excuses though. 🙁

Day 6 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Quick call in as another hectic day ahead, at least this time I don’t think they’ll be taking any more bits away! In fact, they’re making me a mask today, well it is halloween coming up!

One thing I have found with this WOL, think I must have got it well and truly fixed in between the ears, I no longer ‘comfort eat’ (or drink) which could be quite easy I suppose over the last few weeks. I much prefer the lighter version of me, I can get around better, gardening is easier (especially scrambling round the rockery) and with the obvious exception, feel better.
    Still calling in daily, despite not being on lists etc, have had to adapt the WOL slightly recently and will find out more this week about what I can do next.

@flourbaby – Sympathies re the roof, we knew when we moved into this house it needed a new roof. Took 12 years to get round to it, but when it was finally done, what a difference!

Take care all

Day 6 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD
    2nd of B2B

Grand FD yesterday, and having another one today. Already look less bloated than I did yesterday, lots of water sloshing about, and yesterday evening DH and I walked for 5km on the new track up at our Gaelic sports club, so lots of exercise as I walked at lunchtime and did a Leslie walk in the morning.

Mojo in a good place, the SMART goal setting has helped, and onwards we go. Thanks @stitchincarol for reminding me about SMART goals.

We got new photo identity cards in work yesterday, the photos had been taken just before Covid arrived in March……and I have to say, I liked my photo. Either the photographer is amazing but at the weight I was then I had very few wrinkles. I have less now due to being heavier 😀

I have put on about 14lbs since then (the Covid Stone), so one of my realistic measurable goals is to lose that Covid stone by Christmas, then work on the rest in 2021.

@at, thanks for setting up the spreadsheet …..when you get a moment would you check it as there is a few hidden columns from B to about F that I cannot access (the ones where you input start weight etc)

Lots of drama in Ireland yesterday with the Public Heath guys recommending we go into highest level lockdown, a circuit breaker as it were, and the government rejecting this advice but bringing the country into a lower level of lockdown fir the next three weeks anyway. Lots of anger and people just fed up now with all the restrictions.

Have a great Tuesday everyone. Be kind to yourselves.

Day 4 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Solid FD800 yesterday but feeling very tired, probably feeling the changing seasons. Could it be my mojo has gone into hibernation? I’m keeping on regardless, baby steps one day at a time. Plan for today is healthy food choices, no alcohol and keep moving…..I sat reading too long yesterday and have a stiff back this morning.

Have a good day everyone

D6 CD Uk lake District

Well yesterday started out really good. The sun was shining and we went for our usual swim in Windermere. I don’t know what happened but I really didn’t enjoy it. My DH was on day three of his 21 day chemo cycle and normally this is his worse day for energy loss. He got in the water and just went. I couldn’t believe it. he was so fast. Me, on the other hand really struggled and could not keep up with him. My arms (I do breast stoke) wouldn’t cut through the water and the swim took me much long than usual. I was so cold.

Managed to break my fast as usual at 12.30pm with a nice bowl of soup to get warm. My FD turned into … well I am not really sure really but I know I over did the calories as I was hungry.

So today rather than try another FD as planned I have changed to a CD and will see what happened. No planned exercise for me today but I will try and get my 10,000 steps in. ZBC as usual.

Congratulations to all those who had a good fast, I need to come off yesterday’s list.

@at OH’s chemo went to plan. The nurse comes here to administer the cocktail so we don’t have to go to the hospital. He is still a bit tired today but does really well. He runs, walks and swims. On Sunday we went up to Lily Tarn and he did 10km. Forgotten how beautiful it is up there. You were just at the back of my house in Skelghyll Woods. We walked there in lockdown as we didn’t have to go on to the road. we just climbed over my neighbours wall. Walking was something the consultant said we should keep doing.

@annabelle Baby steps and you will get there. Your mojo is just behind you. Just keep going.

@stitchincarol Not sure what happened to yesterday’s fast I was so looking forward to it. But hey ho today is a new day.

@dykask I was the same yesterday. Just one of those things. Let’s pick it up today.

ZBC day 6
    @kazoo

Continuing my journey. Happy Tuesday.

Day 6 – Country NSW, Australia – MFD

Managed a 17:7 today. ZBC again. Decided to take my shoes off and weigh myself on the industrial scales at work (they go up to 150kg), 101kg exact. Then out of interest I weighed my gym shoes and discovered they’re 500g, so now I know what to take off the gym’s scales when I check my weight there. Don’t want to get a set for home because I feel like I’d be weighing myself daily and that often leads to bad things!!

Had a few cups of rooibos tea that seemed to keep me going, had a ‘snack’ a “Nut Bar” around 10:30 to break my fast. For lunch I had my cabbage and veg soup/stew, except I could only eat half my mug of it, so the rest got covered and went back in the fridge for tomorrow. Dinner was lazy and a 320 calorie Green Chicken Curry filled the spot and as I still had some calories left (and some time) I had another Nut Bar for dessert before starting another fasting period. Thinking for this weekend I might be naughty and drop down to a 13:11 or 14:10 and enjoy some eggs on Rivitas for breakfast.

Loving everyone else’s tales and progress reports, I might be a bit of a lurker but sending silent support and ‘you can do it’ vibes to everyone!!

ZBC day 6
    @kazoo
    @toady

Day 6. OMAD Stoupa Greece

Realised I ought to at least try to cut down on the wine while I’m here. It’s so easy to say I’ll do DTF when I get back, but last night, and the night before, I tried to stop myself before I had any wine and work out if I really wanted it or was just doing it out of habit. And it really helped. I’m such a dolt. WHY does it take me so long to work out such simple strategies? Anyway, that’s my plan.

Day 6 – USA/GA – NFD

Wow, I stepped on the scales this morning, the day after my FD, and… nothing. Huh? I think I finally coaxed it down barely to 241 lbs., but am I ever retaining water this morning! Ended up working half a day at home yesterday, so I stuck to my game plan but think I confused my body. Looks likely that I’ll be hanging out around the 240s Club longer than expected…

“Great, let’s gather up our things and head out,” I said. Just as Lola put the strap of her purse on her shoulder, Wesley’s phone lets out a ding. Lola and I watch him glance at the screen. “Well, what is it?” “10 minutes, now 35 minutes, due to traffic.” Lola looks shocked, “traffic, at this time of night?” Wesley frowns, “yes, apparently, there was an accident on the freeway, so the driver is having to use a lot of back streets to get here.” I get impatient. “Isn’t there another driver available?” Wesley shook his head, “not at this hour, no.” Lola slumps back in her chair, looking defeated. Wesley props up his head with his left arm, chin in palm. “I need a cigarette.” Lola looks at him, puzzled. “But you don’t smoke.” “I’m going to start.” I try to cheer the group up. “Look, we just have to wait a little while longer than expected, but we’ll be out of here soon.” Wesley growls, “it’s torture!” “No, it’s a nightclub!” I respond. “Just try to enjoy the music a bit.” Lola smiles and attempts to tap out the beat with her fingers on the table. “So tell us about this place we’re heading to,” Lola says, turning to me. “I mean, it will be well after I wake up for the day at 4 p.m. tomorrow at this point, but…” I take out the snazzy brochure and open up the cover.

Just going to trust the weight is coming off although the scales didn’t want to move much today. Waistline finally did come down to 50.75 inches today, so there’s some good progress there. I wish everyone on the pocket lists good luck today!

Day 6 – London UK – fast 800/ZBC/16:8

I braved the scales this morning and Iv put on a few pounds over my two week holiday!
    Still probably a bit bloated from indulging and also I’m still down a stone which is amazing work.

I’m feeling the buzz of (re)starting out energy! I’m a great starter but not always a finisher so need to near that in mind as I get further through October, it will be interesting to track how my mood goes when checking in here with everyone.

Yesterday was my first day back on fast 800 and I went over 800, was more like 1100, but that’s still a deficit! So a good start

I had a good nights sleep to set me up right and did 20 mins cardio this morning to start the day, something is better than nothing!
    Haven’t done a meditation but might squeeze one in later

Iv got a two pint jug of water by my desk to track that I’m getting enough water, I’ll aim for two jugs. Also I love herbal teas but not in summer so been enjoying a nice warm cuppa today too.
    @kazoo soup sounds lovely and a good reminder to I can’t drink soup in summer but I will start adding it into my meal planning now it’s getting colder

I just had my smoothie that I enjoy breaking my 16:8 with at mid day – a Scoop of vanilla huel/few handfuls of kale/handful of blueberries – I basically use it as a tasty kale delivery mechanism to get dark green nutrients and the full dose of vitamins and mineral from huel, it gives a good energy boost and keeps me full for a while.

Then I’ll have eggs and salmon mid afternoon and a roasted veggies salad for dinner.
    I did a big batch of veggies last night to keep me going for a couple of days. 🙂

Day 6, London, UK, NFD,

Yesterdays’ FD went well, although a handful of cashews probably took me way, way over the 500cal mark!!! Still way below TDEE and it wasn’t a chocolate fudge cake, so I’m calling it as a win!!!!

Does anyone remember me saying I would work really hard last week to avoid having to pull an all-nighter this week to meet my deadline???? Well I’m not sure how I’m functioning at present, since I’ve had 2hrs sleep from 6 – 8am this morning then back to work!!! I could truly procrastinate for Britain!!!!

Not much commenting from me lately, there’s no point talking the talk if I can’t walk the walk!!! Another few successful FDs under my belt and I’ll be back!!!

Keep the faith folks!!!

Day 6 – UK – FD

Well yesterday did not end up as a FD despite my best intentions but was a TDEE one so trying again today…..

Had a lazy start to the day just “bimbling” about at the @i-hate-lettuce style – have a haircut appointment this afternoon then doing a High Impact Pilates class at 5pm – planning on OMAD for my FD 🤞

@stitchincarol – the book was released here this year – I love his cooking and own several of his cookbooks – you can find that mushroom lasagna recipe on the following website:- The Happy Foodie
    RE Monday’s musing – incentive is the best motivator for me ❤️
    @daffodil2010 – I checked the spreadsheet and can find all the columns OK – might have been a blip – try again!
    @kazoo – good that your OH can have his treatment administered at home – Lily Tarn is such a lovely spot shame that the tree that used to stand in the middle fell over in the last big storm but I never tire of the views up there

Pocket list Day 5
    @penz
    @daffodil2010
    @bellalondon FD800
    @at

Exercise Day 5
    @kazoo
    @at

ZBC Day 5
    @kazoo
    @toady
    @bellalondon
    @at

DTF
    @stitchincarol
    @at

“You Can’t Cross The Sea Merely By Standing And Staring At The Water”

Day 6 – Rural Nebraska, USA – Fast5

Today I wrap birthday presents and do some church secretary work, so lots of putsy things. Still trying to figure out what dinner is, so I can have it to look forward to and get me through the moments of wanting to nibble.

@markie99, you’re inspiring me to get out in my own yard to do the necessary fall clean up. You logged a very impressive number of steps yesterday!!
    @diana123, have fun with all your decorations.
    @missybear, those are the best kind of days, when they just fly past, instead of tempting us at every turn.
    @flourbaby, ahhh, hadn’t thought about two different release dates; good point. And your eating sounds spot-on even if you don’t feel you have hold of any mojo! And I love, love, love your quote and will post it below today!
    @northerndawn, I hope yesterday didn’t end up too overwhelming, and that today is far better for you.
    @penz, your weekend sounds amazing, and I think we all can identify with your body longing for a FD; that’s an unexpected result of this WOL, that we all treasure of the feeling of a FD.
    @dykask, perhaps it’s the moon? Perhaps it’s Mars being so close to earth? Whatever it is, you sound as if you pushed through, and that’s such amazing disclipline.
    @i-hate-lettuce, I’ll be praying for everything to go well today. I’m so glad, and am sure everyone else is as well, that you decided to stay on the forum with us; I treasure your contributions, whether they’re gardening, bimbling, or medical, and know this forum is the richer for your presence on it.
    @daffodil2010, isn’t it grand when one day makes enough difference to motivate you to keep on keeping on? I hope your new level of lockdown isn’t too tedious!
    @missybear, I love reading as well. Are you reading a novel?
    @kazoo, perhaps yesterday was so icky for you because you somehow took on your DH’s fatigue and that allowed him to have your usual energy? Yeah, okay, that’s not possible…but I like the image it portrays, and it’s as good an explanation as any. 💕 I’ll just bet today goes far better for you, and I’m glad he’s doing well.
    @toady, I chuckled at your plan to “be naughty” this weekend; I vote you call it a planned indulgence!
    @EmmaTaylor Ahh, you’ve hit the nail on the head: it’s just a habit. I used to think cooking supper without a beer or a glass of wine in hand was a philistine approach to life. Now–at least on Monday through Thursday–I’m entirely content with my iced tea with lemon and stevia. Good luck with only indulging when you actually want it, and with wanting it less often; it really does seem to affect everything else we do, and therefore have huge results on the scales.
    @northgeorgia, I feel your (well minimized) frustration, but am sure it’s just a blip and that those 230s are very, very close! I have three times done a 5-day diet where you have zero salt other than what sodium naturally occurs in food, and it’s amazing not only the water weight you lose, but the actual size you lose. (It’s too tedious a diet to do very often, but I occasionally like it just for the exercise in discipline; but it has zero lasting effects, except perhaps for motivation to dig deep for the discipline to do 5:2.) Which is all a long way of saying, what if you try to cut out all salt today, drink loads of water, and get that water weight off you?
    @bellalondon, you’re doing so well! Enjoy the enthusiasm while it lasts, and may it last for months and months and months!
    Oh, @flourbaby, functioning on so little sleep is tough! Good luck that your day goes well regardless. And I must disagree with your reason for not posting: we want you regardless. Perhaps you should set some mini goals for this week, keeping in mind to make them ACTION goals, not RESULTS goals, and to keep them SMART, will help get you back in the groove?
    @at, thanks for the tip on finding the Spicy Mushroom Lasagna; I’m very intrigued at the possibility of making it this Christmas since one nephew is vegan. I know the cheese makes it not vegan, but he also insists I cook normally for everyone else, and he just “cheats” when we all gather, so I know any gesture I make for him will be appreciated. Good luck with doing a FD today!

Pocket list Day 5
    @penz
    @daffodil2010
    @bellalondon FD800
    @at

Exercise Day 5
    @kazoo
    @at
    @stitchincarol

ZBC Day 5
    @kazoo
    @toady
    @bellalondon
    @at
    @stitchincarol

DTF
    @stitchincarol
    @at

A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success.”– Unknown

Day 6, Emden Germany, NFD
    Day 5 FD

Yesterday became an unintended FD, too much work to do. No time to eat and later on I was too tired to eat and joined my DH on a glass of wine with old Dutch cheese.

@northerndawn ” Today there is a lot of commotion”, you have all my sympathy, it’s the same here! I hope today things have calmed down.

@stitchincarol The linoleum on the upstairs hallway only us took 5 minutes to remove, the linoleum on the stairs took 2,5 hours, it was extremely hard to get it off. That was the easy part, now we have the workmen here and the problems started as the first one came in. Only one man, the other two were missing and came in 1,5 hours late. Man 1 asked us, why we wanted to have the new linoleum in the hallway layed in short pieces with 3 seams instead of one long piece. Of course we don’t want 3 seams, who would want that? He called his chef (without us), who told him, that was we said we wanted. I told him: No way! When man 2 came in, we heard the same story and he even had a drawing, we had never seen, with him. Now he called his boss, explained we refused to let them do it that way and then gave me the phone (always give the angry woman the phone). I told him, we never discussed the 3 seams and it’s not going to happen. Then he said, it’s just a way to do it and the seams will hardly be visisble. I said, no way so it’s going to be like that, it has to be made as we want it! It’s just easier to do 4 short pieces instead of one long one with a lot of cut outs (7 doors and a chimney) but that’s why we pay so much money. So now it is going to be one long piece!!! What a terrible lying man he is, he caused unnecessary stress to us all. Sorry for the moaning.

Pocket list Day 5
    @penz
    @daffodil2010
    @bellalondon FD800
    @at
    @northerndawm?

Exercise Day 5
    @kazoo
    @at
    @stitchincarol
    @snowflake56 💃

ZBC Day 5
    @kazoo
    @toady
    @bellalondon
    @at
    @stitchincarol
    @snowflake56
    @northerndawn

DTF
    @stitchincarol
    @at
    @northerndawn

Day 6, second post

Oh, @snowflake56, that’s simply awful!! Well done on standing your ground against truly lazy workers with zero pride in their workmanship; those are the absolutely toughest to persuade to do something well, but it sounds as if you’ve done it!

Day 6. Minnesota, USA. FD

@snowflake56 Oh, dear Snowflake, you have my deepest sympathy and I understand completely what you went through yesterday…..It was much the same for me last Autumn with our kitchen/main floor remodel. But not quite THAT bad! Your contractor…the boss…is trying to do what saves him time and money, not quality work. I just don’t know how they get away with doing things like that to so many people, except they just wear people down with excuses and pressure until you are so stressed out and just want them done and out of your house. I’ll be thinking of you all day and tomorrow as well. Hugs, prayers, positive vibes…all sent your way.

Thank you for putting me on the lists! My day didn’t go too badly yesterday. My workers won’t be done until Wednesday late afternoon, so fingers crossed there are no major problems. I’m amazed that all you had was the one glass of wine. You have more control then I would in the circumstances!

Pocket list Day 5
    @penz
    @daffodil2010
    @bellalondon FD800
    @at
    @northerndawn

Exercise Day 5
    @kazoo
    @at
    @stitchincarol
    @snowflake56 💃
    @northerndawn

ZBC Day 5
    @kazoo
    @toady
    @bellalondon
    @at
    @stitchincarol
    @snowflake56
    @northerndawn

DTF
    @stitchincarol
    @at
    @northerndawn

Day 6 CD Uk

Great reading all your news.
    Yesterday was ok. Kept to my action plan, walk, moderate exercise and not eating between meals. Have to admit to being sorely tempted twice during the day but kept telling myself it would pass and sure enough it did.
    Hoping to keep to same plan today. Did my walk this morning, just as well as it is now pouring with rain.
    Feeling a little mor3 positive but early days yet.

Thank you for encouragement.

TTFN

2nd post

@northerndawn and @stitchincarol Thanks! The workmen have gone and will come back tomorrow. They didn’t get much work done but what they have done looks good so there is hope! Next week they’ll come back for 3 more days and I hope everything will be finished by then. The workmen are friendly, they just have to do what they are told. I just don’t understand this kind of people, he’s a bad employer. He takes every job he can get but doesn’t have the people to do the work.

@northerndawn I don’t care much for wine or other alcoholic drinks so it’s easy to only drink one glass. A while ago at a lunch, my DH’s aunt (86 y.o.) asked me if I wanted a glass of wine. I told her I don’t drink much alcohol and she said: “It’s not alcohol, it’s wine!”.

Day 6 Wisconsin USA CD
    Hope day 5 went well for everyone, no matter which path you are taking.

I’m happy with my progress yesterday. Exercise and eating goals met. I’m particularly glad that I’m not eating between meals or after dinner, which has been difficult for me to resist during the past 7 months. We are spending so much time at home with a pantry and refrigerator so very available. Focusing on my plan has filled my time and thoughts. Knowing I will be posting results has helped immensely.

I adapt well to 16:8 or even 18:6. The longer I wait to eat the better. Breaking my fast always seems to awaken hunger. Controlled days have proven to be helpful for me right now, but later in the month I might try a Fast 500 or 800. My strategy could be to move my lunch to dinner time and make it just a little more substantial.

Although not commenting to everyone, I read every post and appreciate the motivation I get from them. Often someone will post exactly what I’m thinking or feeling and that turns out to be a huge help to me.

Plan for Day 6:
    Eat under my TDEE

Good luck everyone. We’re all in this together. And by this, I mean so many aspects of life in 2020.

Pocket list Day 5
    @penz
    @daffodil2010
    @bellalondon FD800
    @at
    @northerndawn

Exercise Day 5
    @kazoo
    @at
    @stitchincarol
    @snowflake56 💃
    @northerndawn
    @markie99

ZBC Day 5
    @kazoo
    @toady
    @bellalondon
    @at
    @stitchincarol
    @snowflake56
    @northerndawn
    @markie99

DTF
    @stitchincarol
    @at
    @northerndawn

Day 6 USA (Illinois) FD

Today took a turn as the car repair that was scheduled can’t happen as the technician injured himself yesterday. Okay… reschedule, and live a little longer with the “check engine light” on. Glad it’s nothing serious.

Still going to do a FD today as I know I must in maintenance. DH loves his sugar, and I love fat, so abstaining is all I can do. Finally got around to reading old posts.

We’ve seen a couple interesting things on Netflix lately. Started “Mrs. Wilson” last night (just 3 episodes from BBC) that is fascinating about a real-life War bride who finds out her husband has had other wives. The actress, Ruth Wilson, is one of the bigamist’s granddaughters!

@markie99 – I would say a 1# per week goal is very judicious.

@i-hate-lettuce – sure do hope those Warthog tusks aren’t a bother for you.

@snowflake56 – whew, what a pain in the rear to have workers be so incompetent and even dishonest. Sure do hope you aren’t taxed by them any more!

@emma-taylor – that Grecian coast sounds so wonderful! Peaceful and beautiful. On our bucket list. We have had many Caribbean vacations (love the water there too) but swimming in the Med must be fabulous.

@bellalondon – welcome. This is one fabulous group of fasters and place for support.

@diana123 – love that Churchill quote. Oh so true.

@daffodil2010 – Covid stone… great but awful description… may you be unburdened by it soon!

@northgeorgia – hang in there — you can persevere.

Onward and downward.

Day 6 Murrells Inlet South Carolina CD

Wow to my surprise I did it. 500 calorie fast day and it felt great. Today we have an appointment at 1;00, my husband is taking Avastin every three weeks to keep his swelling on the brain in check. We always take a walk on the beach afterwards, hoping to find some good shells after the storm last night. Going to keep in a light day. Making cabbage potatoes and carrots with kielbasa tonight.

You are successful the moment you start moving towards a worthwhile goal.

Have a great day everyone.

Day 7, NFD, Aus

I had a great FD at work yesterday, then on my drive home I started thinking about hamburgers. I deliberately took the dog out for a walk telling myself THIS was the mental divide I need between my work day and homelife and I did not need to eat or open a bottle of wine to assist in that transition. My head was in the right space until I let myself into my back yard to smell what OH was cooking for dinner. Oh it smelled so good!!! But!! I put on the kettle and had a large mug of hot beef stock cube instead. FD save, halo intact. Not so much PFDS today but PFD relief.

This morning, I caught the tail end of two sets of green traffic lights, where I usually sit for minutes at red. And I got the last car park in front of my office building. I think I should buy a lottery ticket!!! This little run of luck has done wonders for my mojo, even though it’s grey and drizzling outside which usually puts a dampener on my mood.

Good on you, @snowflake, for sticking to your guns. It’s insulting when tradies try and pull a fast one on you, particularly when it’s your house, and your money!! I hope the rest of the job goes smoothly.

So many other posts I wanted to respond to: @kazoo, @diana123 but not @emmataylor (because my deep-seated envy at your fab location would shine through!!!!)

Day 6 California, USA

For a few reasons, this week will turn into a maintenance week! Not to fret, I tell myself. Life happens. I will have one fast day tomorrow ( which means maintenance), then start afresh on Monday. I honestly don’t mind maintaining in between losing! I low carb all the time anyway, so that also keeps the weight down. Slow and steady wins the race.

Stay safe everyone.

Oh no. I feel so bad. I was walking past a quiet hotel and asked where I could tickets to go to Athens on Saturday. The LOVELY old Greek man offered to drive to the ticket shop for me, gallantly drive off and returned sometime later with the right ticket but for one person. I thought I’d said two, and he had assumed one. Oh, I feel terrible. He’s now had to go and fetch me a second one. Oh no.

Day 7, Emden Germany, NFD

I feel better now. After the workmen had gone, our neighbour came by and had his saw with him to shorten 2 doors that were waiting to be shortened for over a year. It made me feel even more unpleasant yesterday, the creepy man was too interested to see what’s in rooms. They did one door, the other one was upstairs where the concrete was still wet so my DH and I (well, I only held the door) shortened the other one this morning. After yesterday things can only get better. They just showed up, all three of them, one hour earlier than planned.

@songbirdme and @penz Thanks, I really hate things like this.

I already have my breakfast so no ZBC for me today.

Exercise 30×5
    @snowflake56

Day 7 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

I was so hungry all day yesterday and did a bit of nibbling when I got home on healthy snacks like olives….then a nice chicken salsa dish for dinner, so all not lost. However I was awake around 4am with the bright moon, feeling cold, even my grounding sheet didn’t help.

So I got up early, stood barefoot in the grass in the cold dark and felt better! A brisk Leslie walk, then a walk around the village with DH, and a bowl of porridge for breakfast. Thus because of the cold I had a mid-week breakfast for the first time in ages, but calling it here. It’s an NFD today anyway, but maintaining exercise and DTF.

@snowflake56 oh I feel your frustration with the work yesterday, but at least you stood your ground. I am sure it will work out great.
    @northgeorgia….you are so very nearly there. Me, I am on the cusp of getting into 10 stone land, just a quarter pound separates me…….you can do it.

@stitchincarol re your question the other day…..for me it’s often shame that I have let myself go and cannot fit into my clothes and look big in photos, and eventually it’s gets to the incentive stage that if I don’t stop I will have bad health…and the incentive of living my best healthy life gets me back on track……..for a while!

Have a great Wednesday Hump Day 🐫

2nd post

I’m stuck in the bedroom because the cat was on the balcony when the workmen came in. How good I always post early so I have the computer upstairs.

@emma-taylor I forgot to respond to your post. What a lovely man, I’m sure he understood the communication problem!

@daffodil2010 Thanks! I try to stay calm and keep away from the workers.

Day 7 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Fine cool morning, so out for a wander shortly, busy day yesterday, but got off lightly, just some puncture wounds! Having said that, when I got home, think the tusk removal and the trips for treatment just caught up a bit, fell asleep in the chair! However a reasonable sleep and get going again.

@kazoo – sounds like the consultants are of a similar mind, been told the same re walking! Just going to have to be careful re diet, discussion tomorrow will see what comes of that.

@stitchincarol – Thanks for your comments, I’m here to try and keep ‘normality’ going 😉 Apart from anything else the whole year has been anything but normal, for everybody!

The beauty of this group, is even though I’m not ‘on the lists’ at the moment, I’m still keeping to basics. Constant reminders through what everyone else is doing, I’m at least keeping to NO snacking/grazing or evening cheese and biscuits. Keeping away from wine/spirits (not difficult at the moment) but still having the occasional beer.
    In fact, not even counting calories on MFP app at the moment, not able to walk just as far at the moment either, but weight keeping stable! So seems like I’ve become fairly well ‘trained’ in the 5:2 WOL and doing OK.

In the garden, last weekend picked up a couple of trays of violas and a tray of cyclamen, for bit of winter colour. Stripped out the last of the summer pots and filled them with the violas. The cyclamen, potted then up singly and they’re really coming on quickly, just have to keep the greenhouse cold when the suns out, then might have some for the house for Christmas. The leftovers, well our friends had been away for a break, came back to a couple of pots of colour by the back door.
    I’m a great one for splitting plants and bringing them on sharing them round. I’m the one in the nursery checking out the plants and picking those out that I can take home and divide into 3 or 4…

Take care all

Day 7 NFD UK

Just checking in briefly to show I am still here.

Not sure what sort of day I will have as out to lunch, last of the catch up postponed due to Covid. Started well with just a boiled egg so as to have something to buffer meds.

Yesterday went well with my Actions and was rewarded with my usual small loss which is fine with me.
    Slow and steady is normal for me.

Have a good day everyone.

TTFN

Day 7 – Country NSW, Australia – MFD

Broke fast at 16th hour with a banana. Again with the rooibos tea while working and lunch was the rest of yesterday’s soup with a wholemeal (whole wheat) bread roll, first actual bread I’ve had for the past week and dinner was Satay Chicken with rice. Again under the 800 calories and I’ve boiled up 2 eggs for a late breakfast (well after 9:15am) on my Rivita crispbreads. Not much else to say, hopefully something more tomorrow.

Day 7 – London UK – ZBC/Fast 800/16:8/morning stretches and walking

Yesterday went well I stuck to 800 up until dinner, then had a pudding!
    Up to 1100 again!
    I’m not beating myself up that’s still a good deficit and my fitness pal says if every day was like yesterday I should lose a good bit of weight this month.
    I usually eat a bit more around this time anyway.

Iv just had my lunchtime smoothie to break my 16:8 fast.
    Tomato&asparagus omelette planned for mid afternoon and roasted veggie salad w light pesto dressing planned for dinner.

I woke early and had a nice stretch, you could call it basic yoga, and got some fresh air out in the morning sun.

I’m feeling happy but very soft and calm with low energy so looking after myself and taking it nice and slow today, planning some pampering later on 🙂

Day 7 – USA/GA – FD

My 242ish mini-plateau continues from Sept. 24 today at a weigh-in of 242 lbs. A low 242, though, so I might see things slip downwards tomorrow morning. Getting close to the edge!

@stitchincarol Mom whipped up some homemade chili yesterday using my grandmother’s recipe. I had a bowl, then I had seconds. I think chili has water in it? Oops! I asked the chili if it had salt, and I just heard giggling as ingredients hid themselves way. Just kidding haha! I will do better today 🙂

My goal this month is 236 lbs. I’ll see if that’s still reasonable after this month. So far, I’m still meeting my monthly goals. I wonder how close to the door I’ll get this week at The 240s Club?

As I open the brochure again, both Wesley and Lola seem captivated by the slick, glossy photos on the cover. “That does look amazing. Maybe we should do an overnight stay?” Lola said. Wesley said, “I wouldn’t mind taking a day off work for an extended weekend with views like that!” I read a few sentences about the history of the park and the acreage it covers. “I’m just not a very outdoorsy type person,” Wesley mentions. “If you get tired, I’ll carry you on my shoulders,” Lola jokes. “Wesley,” I say, “there are some difficult parts of the trail, but overall, if you pace yourself, you’ll be fine.” Wesley seemed visibly relieved.

Day 7 Pocket lists

Day 7 FD
    @northgeorgia

ZBC
    @northgeorgia

Exercise 30×5
    @snowflake56

Day 7 Wisconsin USA CD
    Yesterday went well and I followed my plan.

I’m officially a pound down, leaving my starting weight of 160 and moving to 159 lbs. Can I say I secretly wished it would be more? Can I say I hope I never visit the 160’s again? I weighed a few times in the past week, so I’ve seen rises and falls, but I’ve decided to use whatever I weigh each Wednesday in October as my current weight.

I drink beverages almost non-stop throughout the day. Coffee, black, no sugar is my mainstay. I also love tea, mostly herbal or green, often iced but now in fall turning to hot tea more and more. Also, a small glass of wine with dinner several nights a week. Occasionally, I revisit my diet coke addiction, but more likely substitute water for that.

When I’m tempted to snack during the day, I try to find a beverage to drink first, and often the temptation to eat goes away. Focusing on drinking before eating throughout this first week has had a positive effect for me.

Plan for Day 7:
    Eat under my TDEE

@diana123, @penz, @toady, @annabelle48 and some I’ve read but most likely missed now, well done on your success.

Good luck everyone, whichever path you are taking to weight loss and health today.
    Day 7 Pocket lists

Day 7 FD
    @northgeorgia

ZBC
    @northgeorgia
    @markie99

Exercise 30×5
    @snowflake56
    @markie99

Day 7 USA (Illinois) NFD

Quick check-in before Silver Sneakers. Yesterday’s FD went well at about 400 calories.

Onward and downward.

Day 7 – Rural Nebraska, USA – Fast5

Had a lovely shrimp salad last night (big garden salad with smallish shrimp sauteed and dumped over the top) and it was so yummy. Nibbled on a few other things, but not much, and am guessing my calorie count was below 1000, and perhaps a bit lower. I’m not remembering one of my goals is to actually count calories. sigh. I HATE counting calories, and love this WOL precisely because it doesn’t matter except on FDs. Counting calories requires measuring and reading nutrition labels and slowing down, and I really don’t like to slow down except when I choose. But. It’s a goal. Guess I need to follow that goal, huh?

Today I bake…and then take it away to other people. My favorite kind of baking because, although I enjoy eating it as much as the next person, I really enjoy the baking of it the most, and the smelling of it, and the seeing of it when it comes out of the oven! We have a church thing tonight and these are for the little mini reception afterward; hopefully they all get eaten and what isn’t eaten will go home with people, fingers crossed!

@northerndawn, once again I’ll be thinking of you as your workers make progress, hoping everything is peaceful for you despite the chaos outside.
    @annabelle48, excellent report, especially on resisting the two temptations yesterday! Enjoy your lunch today, knowing you can resume your action steps once you’re home.
    @snowflake56 What a funny thing for your DH’s aunt to say! I’ll bet you were polite and didn’t burst out laughing at her–but I also bet it was a struggle not to do so!
    @markie99, it’s a huge accomplish to stop snacking between meals and after dinner! That and portion control are the two biggest culprits to the world’s weight problems, don’t you think? @i-hate-lettuce has often mentioned how that used to be his norm, but isn’t something he does anymore, and @northgeorgia, too. I’ll bet pretty much all of us on this forum fight against snacking, and we beat the habit, it’s a huge win.
    @songbirdme, thanks for the tip on “Mrs. Wilson.” It’s ringing bells for me, so I’m sure I’ve heard of it, but we haven’t seen it, so I’ve added it to our list for when we’re home and have movie time. DH (age 66) and I (almost 62) just were talking yesterday that we’re so ready to retire because we like playing, LOL! His plan is to wait until 70 since he didn’t even finish school to be a pastor until age 53…but those four years are looking a long way away right now! Perhaps once it starts snowing, we’ll be content to be into our routine and not longing to hop in the car and go somewhere. 🙂
    @diana123, well done on the FD500! They do feel great, don’t they?
    @penz, impressive exercise of will over temptation; that halo is glowing so bright, I can see the glow out my window!
    @sheryj2021, we’ve missed hearing from you; glad you’re still with us. Life does get in the way of our plans, doesn’t it? Keep posting as you’re able and we’ll cheer you on!
    @EmmaTaylor, oh no indeed! What a nice man, and I feel your pain. Isn’t it wonderful, though, when people are so completely kind and helpful!
    @snowflake56, good luck with things going well with the workmen; how nice that you got your doors shortened finally. Slowly, slowly, slowly, it’s all getting done!
    @daffodil2010, I think fasting on cold days is so challenging because of how cold we get, but I would never have thought of standing in my bare feet in the grass in the cold dark in order to feel better, LOLOL! I’m delighted it helped you. (And loved seeing the camel back. I hope @funshipfreddie comes back at some point.)
    @i-hate-lettuce, this entire year has indeed been anything but normal, and I adore having re-found this community of loving and generous people so quick to step up and encourage each other.
    @toady, your discipline is going to get you great results!
    @bellalondon Good decision not to beat yourself up over that pudding; 1100 calories is indeed a great deficit.
    @northgeorgia, homemade chili using your grandma’s recipe? Yes, yes, and yes, and who cares about sodium! 😍
    @markie99, secretly wishing it were more is perfectly normal, but a pound a week adds up over time, and this is a WOL not a diet plan, right? So, WELL DONE!

Tomorrow DH and I leave at 6am for Colorado to celebrate DGD’s 1st birthday on Sunday. There’s lots of planning left to do today so I remember to take along everything I’m responsible for (cake pan, cake pedestal, frozen Boston Butt pork roast, sous vide machine…you know: the normal 🤣🤣🤣🤣 ), and I’ll be limited to posting tomorrow on my phone, which is not my favorite: give me a full sized keyboard if I’m to say much at all. So I’ll post Thursday Thoughts as we drive, and then be back on my laptop on Friday morning at 8500 feet in Colorado.

Have a grand day, everyone!

Day 7 California, USA

StitchinCarol, thank you for your kind words.

So today is my fasting maintenance day. Planned out my menu this morning of shakes, soup, plenty of ginger turmeric tea and other fluids. Comes to slightly over 800 calories.

Carol, like you, I absolutely hate counting calories, but I figure if I can’t do it for only two days a week, something is really wrong. On my remaining five days, I don’t mind counting carb grams ( I must low carb for blood sugar issues), because with my low carb eating there are so many free foods like proteins and low starch vegetables I never count, so it doesn’t really bother me.

This is a very nice group. I’m no fan of Facebook anymore, and have mostly weaned myself off it. I miss the 80’s and 90’s, when there were so many internet groups that have sadly bitten the dust.

Stay safe everyone.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 509 total)

You must be logged in to reply.