October 2020 Monthly Challenge — RESET OCTOBER

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
October 2020 Monthly Challenge — RESET OCTOBER

This topic contains 503 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  NorthGeorgia 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 509 total)

• Day 28 – Rural Nebraska, USA – Fast5

I’m just plugging along, trying to keep all the balls in the air. I ordered the pudding basin last night, have some yarn to pick up today to knit a hat for DD, am figuring out what I’m going to sew for DS for our family Christmas drawing, am working on a dress for me, the quilt I’m making is languishing…I’m not sure I’ve ever mentioned the “stitching” I do, but given my handle, I thought it was time, LOL!

@ccco CONGRATULATIONS on losing 7 lbs! I’m with @northerndawn: you lost those because you showed discipline and good eating choices, not simply because you were running after that grandson, and you absolutely ROCK.

@northerndawn Ain’t that the truth, that doing 5:2 is very, very different in warm weather than in cold weather, and it takes thought to make the transition. You’ll get there, I’m sure!

@songbirdme So glad you’re feeling fine and showing no signs of C19

@LondonBella At various points in this journey, we all carefully analyze just what the right approach is for us. You’ll find something that works; I imagine it won’t be as fast results as this summer when you were first started, but it works. Impatience is the biggest enemy of 5:2–I say this from experience, LOL! So choose what you think is best and continue on your journey, knowing we’ll all cheer you on!

@penz So glad you got a good night’s sleep last night!

@toady Another strong day under the belt for you!

@daffodil2010 I’m so glad you’ve no intention of leaving this forum! You know, so what that the FD yesterday wasn’t so great. That doesn’t mean the next one won’t be absolutely spot-on. Just keep in keeping on, and your mojo will slide back into place; in the meantime, you keep posting, and saying whatever you want, whether it’s about FDs or visiting bubble friends. 🙂

@kazoo I’m sorry to hear you’re still not feeling your good self, but happy that DH is doing well with his chemo. Hopefully you’ll be back soon with your normal good cheer. Suppose the issues are related to change of season, change of light/dark, change of temperatures??

@betsylee So good to hear of your strong mojo; it’s inspiring to all of us to see a wrong eating direction turned around!

@brightonbelle I think it’s entirely normal that when the seasons change, so do our eating patterns change, and by necessity, our successes at 5:2, or whatever our particular version is of 5:2. And I’m with you on missing the friends who aren’t here.

@northgeorgia OH! Having someone notice our weight loss is the best feeling in the world; what a joy-filled moment that had to have been for you!

@i-hate-lettuce I too am thinking you were out the door way, way early today; hope it’s all going well and you’re still feeling decent!

@markie99 Congratulations on another pound down! You actually have lots to celebrate: you’ve lost three pounds instead of staying steady; you’re losing weight slowly and your impatient self would prefer speed, but you’re LOSING, and slow losing tends to be more permanent; those are the details that I personally tend to overlook as I’m so busy looking to the future. In other words, I’m impatiently wishing for Christmas at which time I anticipate I’ll be down to the low 140s or even in 130s. As my mother used to say, “Don’t wish your life away.” So instead of impatiently waiting for the lower weight, I need to be more intentional about celebrating what is a lower weight than last February–and all of 2019!

Okay, I’ll get off my soapbox, LOL!

ZBC day 28
    @northgeorgia
    @basyjames
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn

Exercise 30×5
    @at
    @basyjames
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn

DTF
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco
    @northerndawn
    @at
    @basyjames

Are these lists all correct?

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Day 28 Minnesota, US NFD

I’m going to try to keep controlled today at under 1000, but if not, then certainly under my TDEE which I have decided is 1500 cals/day. That’s about right for my goal of 150 lbs. (68.2 Kg), which lands me at 23.5 BMI, according to this site (I’m 5ft 6.5 inches).

I will try to focus on the positives: I lost 8 lbs in August, 4 lbs in September, and I have, in spite of going up and down various times this month (and eating too much and sometimes the wrong things on NFDs), I am about at where I started, so still 12 pounds down in 3 months. I will plan ahead better for my fast days and exercise options in the next month, and try to lose at least another 4 lbs. Maybe, if I stick to my goals, I will surprise myself!

I did manage a 30 minute walk outside in the sunshine and temp of 42 F (5.6 C) and my that lifted my mood quite a bit. The snow left on the ground should be gone by tomorrow! The good news is that starting Saturday, the temps will be even warmer for the next week, and I’m determined to take advantage of that and be out walking every day!

It’s 3:20 pm as I type (we change clocks back Sunday at 2 am), and I haven’t eaten yet, so I may try for the OMAD option.

Take care and be kind to yourselves, everyone.

Day 29, NFD, Aus

Was supposed to be a FD, but…. Bring on November!

I am going to use your midnight zoom mental picture tonight, thanks @markie99!

And speaking of pudding bowls, etc, do any of my fellow Aussies know where I can buy some coddled egg pots??

Day 29 – NSW, AU – CFD

Okay, so I did go a bit overboard today… didn’t want to waste the rest of that tasty Fruit Loaf, so ate the last 3 thick slices of it. Ended up having a carrot and some Spicy Pumpkin dip for lunch and a banana for afternoon tea and going to finish the rest of the dip for dinner. Today’s total calories – 1350, which is under my goal weight TDEE so calling it a CFD, but back to a good girl tomorrow!!

Other than that just a lazy day doing my latest diamond dots picture and enjoying my new haircut… I went bare clippers buzz cut and my head is so much cooler (and I think it looks slimming too!!)

Day 29 Melb Aust TDEE

Doing okay, though still 0.5 kg above my starting weight for the month – but 2 more days will, I hope, bring me back to the start of the month. Much better, though, to have the extra 1.6 kg I gained, gone again. I am so happy to be on the downward trail again.

@penz, sorry, can’t help with “coddled egg pots”; no idea where you can buy them.

@toady, good on you for staying under your goal TDEE. You’re doing well!

@stitchincarol, impressed with the stitchery.

Come on everyone, 2 days left, we can do it!

Day 29, Emden Germany, FD

My eating habits got a bit out of hand lately, I don’t seem to be able to do a decent FD or even a CD. On the spreadsheet I saw I’m in good company today so I’m sure today I can do it today.

@at My DH filled one of the gaps in the linoleum yesterday, it came out quite well for a beginner. Other than me, he has the patience and likes to do fiddly things.

@basyjames Congratulation on your new nephew!

@ccco You did so well this month, losing 7 lbs is a lot.

@stitchincarol, @markie99 and @northerndawn The advantage of growing up in a small country like the Netherlands is that you have to learn other languages. Foreign films aren’t syncronized but subtitled so as a child you hear a lot of different languages what makes it easier to learn another language. In Germany every flim is synchronized, it’s just silly to listen to James Bond in German. In school I learned English, French and German, I liked German the least (I still do) and ended up living in Germany. In the nineties I studied German linguistics and literature and English literature for a few years but found it extremely boring and didn’t like the athmosphere at university. I read books in English and watch films in original without any problem, my problems are to get the syntax and interpunction right.

Pocket list day 29
    @at
    @daffodil2010
    @northgeorgia
    @snowflake56

ZBC day 29
    @at
    @daffodil2010
    @northerndawn
    @stitchincarol
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 29 – Lake district UK

Good morning everyone,

Yet another early start down the road, but worked our why! This treatment ‘regime’ is progressive, the further on the more tired you get so early shift at start ‘lates’ towards the end.
    Going OK so far, managing plenty of banter within the group and staff. ‘Weights and measures’ were good yesterday, weight stable so far, which is good.

The ‘Inner Warthog’ is in a sulk, I’m changing into a ‘Wildebeast’ not able to eat large (or standard) portions so having to graze instead!
    Hmmm bit of a zoo theme here, but you know what I mean 🙂

@ our Auzzie friends, can’t help with where you can get them but these are commonly used in UK so you know what you’re looking at if ‘coddled egg’ pots aren’t what you call them there?
    We have used small lightly buttered ramekin dishes in the past when we’ve needed numbers.

https://www.lakeland.co.uk/12116/Poachpod-Silicone-Egg-Poaching-Pods—Pack-of-2

Almost of the month already, well done the ‘losers’ don’t panic the gainers!

Take care all

Day 29 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Good night with my friend, already just one week into lockdown she is feeling the loneliness of living alone, there were even a few tears, so I better belt up my anti-social self and up my game and spend more time ringing her and dropping into her. I work only 5 minutes away from her so I will have lunch with her a few days and one night a week dinner. I didn’t realise how lonely she was. ☹️

Being a bit of a loner myself this lockdown hasn’t really affected me too much, but I do feel for all those sociable people out there, (like my Dad, like my older friend), so I need to get a bit more empathy and make that darn phone call, etc etc.

Today will be a protein based FD, hoping to move things along from the weekends carb fest. If I finish October as I started I won’t be upset…better maintain than a gain !!!!

Take care @Ihatelettuce…love the wildebeest image ☺️
    @penz when I worked in big corporate land I used to have a monthly teleconference with the Australia office…..but we were much nicer on hours to each other….I was on the call at 7am which meant my Aus colleagues would ring in at 5 or 6pm their time. Midnight Zoom…….argh, fair play to you 👍

Have a great Thursday.

Day 29 – ZBC – 16:8 – working out how many calories I need!

I’m feeling really positive today as I weighed myself and I’m 12 stone 13.2, so back under 13 stone which feels like a real achievement!
    It also means I should end October below where I started on the 7th Oct (13 stone 3.8) even if I haven’t got quite back down to where I was 19th September (12 stone 10) before my holiday
    So progress is happening slow and steadily!

Yesterday I had huel for breakfast, salmon and scrambled eggs on a thin protein bagel for lunch, corn thins and Philadelphia for a snack, veggie sausages w/ mashed sweet potato, broccoli, carrots and gravy coming in at 1,271 calories

I think I’ll have the same again today
    as I felt really full up and full of beans all day

I need to experiment and work out what my body needs right now to feel good and healthy
    I might start mixing it up having some 800 days some 1200 days and a few tdee days which is around 2000 if needed
    I’m gonna go easy on myself and listen to my body
    If I am getting supe hungry and keep healthy low calorie density options around in the house I can make healthy choices and up my intake wisely
    Just Gotta Keep eating healthy and moving my body

Iv also just got the latest fast 800 recipe book too so I’m gonna have a look over the weekend and pick out some yummy options for November meal planning

Plus looking forward to lots of roasted squash and pumpkin to enjoy this season too as we celebrate samhain this weekend

Have a happy Thursday everyone 💜

Post 2 – day 29

@daffodil2010 – The Wildebeest onesie isn’t as comfortable as the Warthog one, the antlers get stuck in the fridge 🙂

Hmmmm ….. think might be taking too many meds 😉

Day 29 – USA/GA – FD

Today is the last day of the week in my 4:3, and it should be a good FD, as I’ll be busy cleaning up the damage from Hurricane Zeta that just zipped through early this morning as a tropical storm. We are some of the few fortunate to have electricity and internet still. There are limbs down everywhere and half of the roof of my storage shed (where I have my smaller sized clothes, sniff sniff) was ripped off. I suppose between online work and helping my dad clean up today, there won’t be much time to think of a full meal, so it should work out well. Weigh in was also a surprising 238 lbs. this morning, despite my 5 am howling wind wake up call three hours ago, so off to a good start. I’ll continue the Lola/Wesley saga another day when I can concentrate on creativity 🙂

Good luck to all on the pocket lists today:

Pocket list day 29
    @at
    @daffodil2010
    @northgeorgia
    @snowflake56

ZBC day 29
    @at
    @daffodil2010
    @northerndawn
    @stitchincarol
    @snowflake56
    @northgeorgia

Day 29 Wisconsin USA FD500

Good morning everyone! Yesterday’s NFD was reasonable although it included some after dinner snacking. I baked an apple pie (something I do each autumn) and there was a piece just calling to me. It was great with coffee.

Almost two years ago when I received a Fitbit device via my health insurance company, I wasn’t sure it was something I would use. Turns out I like tracking things like steps taken, stairs climbed, and even sleep patterns. Does anyone else enjoy using a tracker, or is it information that you don’t really need? If you use a tracker, does it motivate you to move more?

Plan for Day 29:
    FD500
    Continue steps, yoga and one other activity (tai chi today)

@stitchincarol, thank you for your good comments, especially about my impatient self, and I’ve taken them to heart.
    @northerndawn, great to hear your positive comments and that you are walking outside. Sending you encouragement.
    @penz, enjoy your midnight zooming. Hope it moves at breakneck speed 🙂
    @toady, congrats on staying under TDEE, and, your hair sounds cute and carefree and very on trend!
    @betsylee, thanks for the encouraging words.
    @bellalondon, congratulations on your progress.

Take care everyone, and good luck on whatever path to weight loss you are traveling.

Pocket list day 29
    @at
    @daffodil2010
    @northgeorgia
    @snowflake56

ZBC day 29
    @at
    @daffodil2010
    @northerndawn
    @stitchincarol
    @snowflake56
    @northgeorgia
    @markie99

Exercise day 29
    @markie99

Day 29 UK FD
    Good news seems my mojos back Put in a good few days and have managed to get back to my October start weight . Onwards ……
    Pocket list day 29
    @at
    @daffodil2010
    @northgeorgia
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle

ZBC day 29
    @at
    @daffodil2010
    @northerndawn
    @stitchincarol
    @snowflake56
    @northgeorgia
    @markie99
    @brightonbelle

Exercise day 29
    @markie99
    @brightonbelle

Day 29 North Canton OH FD

I just realized my day 28 post did not take. I will need help with the spreadsheet please. Any takers wonderful people?

Pocket list day 29
    @at
    @daffodil2010
    @northgeorgia
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @basyjames

ZBC day 29
    @at
    @daffodil2010
    @northerndawn
    @stitchincarol
    @snowflake56
    @northgeorgia
    @markie99
    @brightonbelle
    @basyjames

Exercise day 29
    @markie99
    @brightonbelle
    @basyjames

Day 29 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD500

I’m getting tired of Leslie. Not only that, YouTube was unwilling on Tuesday to cast (via Chromecast) to my TV. I suppose I could figure out a way to set up my laptop or DH’s tablet, but I get so tired of getting into a routine and having it change on me. (Can you hear the whine in my voice??? 😂) So yesterday, DH and I went for a brisk walk around our village. It was only about 20 minutes, but was so lovely, so while the weather holds, I think I’m going to abandon Leslie and head outside.

@northerndawn I am so dazzled that you lost 8 pounds in August and another 4 in September! I don’t know that I’ve EVER lost 12 pounds in so short a time, and that’s every reason for you to celebrate yourself!

@penz Do you at least get to take a nap (preferably on company time!) before the zoom call? Hopefully November will be entirely free of midnight zoom calls!

@toady Wow–bare clippers buzz cut? I think that means you’re bald! However short it is in actuality, you need to go find some wind or do some work where you’re bending up and down, so you can celebrate there’s no hair in your face!!

@betsylee So nice that you’re on track to have a zero gain for October; nice job on turning the wagon around!

@snowflake56 How nice that your DH has the patience to fuss with the tedium of fixing the holes in the linoleum; I’m sure he’s even more pleased than you are! And, honestly, I never would have guessed you aren’t a native English speaker; just proves that learning languages at a young age is the very best approach!

@i-hate-lettuce Mrs IHL is clearly doing a great job nurturing you that you’ve maintained your weight so far; kudos to both of you as you travel this journey.

@daffodil2010 I’m with you on happily being a loner. I chat with the best of them, appear extremely extroverted/friendly/social at church and other social events–and then am so thankful to get home and close the door, LOL! Good for you for being a support system for your lonely friend!

@bellalondon Hey, I thought I recognized “Samhain” as when Claire goes through the stones in Outlander, so looked it up to be sure. It says it’s pronounced “sow-win.” Really? Is this something that lots of people observe, like Halloween here in the states, or is it more your own thing?

@northgeorgia I’m so glad you escaped with not too dramatic damage; I’ve been thinking of you as reports of Zeta were coming in, and hoping you were fine. Does the torn-off roof mean those clothes are ruined beyond redemption?

@markie99 Pie…yum, yum, yum. Pie is my very favorite dessert, far more than cake. That sounds like a perfect late-October treat for you! And yes, I have a Fitbit, and use it to ensure I’ve reached my self-imposed daily minimum of steps, and that I’m getting 30×5 exercise each week; there’ve been many times I’ve marched in place beside my bed because I’ve only realized then I had another couple hundred steps I was missing!

@brightonbelle What wonderful news about your mojo being back; congratulations on a firm turn-around!

@basyjames I thought of you yesterday and wondered at your silence; glad there was no problem other than technology, LOL!

Pocket list day 29
    @at
    @daffodil2010
    @northgeorgia
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @basyjames
    @stitchincarol

ZBC day 29
    @at
    @daffodil2010
    @northerndawn
    @stitchincarol
    @snowflake56
    @northgeorgia
    @markie99
    @brightonbelle
    @basyjames

Exercise day 29
    @markie99
    @brightonbelle
    @basyjames
    @stitchincarol

Final Thursday thought:

I’ve got nothing. Seriously, I’m stumped. 😜 So let me say it’s been a joy to really focus on each of you this month, and a joy to be in this international group of very kind people. You all are making my own weight-loss journey easier and richer, and I am fairly certain I’d have given up by now if it weren’t for this forum. So thank you, every one of you, for taking the time to post and listen and be encouraging.

If the world would just model itself after all of us, we’d be in much better shape, wouldn’t we?? 😍🤣💖🥰😜

Day 29 USA (Illinois) NFD

Laundry day for me (most Thursdays) so I am up and down stairs many, many times. The high winds and clouds will keep me from putting sheets and lingerie on the back clothes line. Oh, and the falling leaves are dropping like crazy too. It’s that time of year.

@markie99 – I got a Fitbit last Christmas from a QVC special. I was like you wondering if I really would use it. And yes, it does motivate me more to move during the day. I have a very severe nickel allergy so always was afraid it would lead to a break out, but so far so good.

@stitchincarol – I could not agree more with your “it’s been a joy to really focus on each of you this month, and a joy to be in this international group of very kind people. You all are making my own weight-loss journey easier and richer, and I am fairly certain I’d have given up by now if it weren’t for this forum.” Each newbie who arrives here and lingers at all finds this to be the case. Just MHO. 🙂

Onward and downward.

Day 29 – UK – FD

Tried for a FD again yesterday but was not meant to be – no FDs so far this week!!!! Planning B2B FDs to end the month on a positive note but this wet and dull day is not helping so🤞

Started the day well with a 7am Broga Class followed by a 9am Aerobic one – applied a hair mask to give it time to work whilst baking some wholemeal spelt raisin scones for OH before having a shower and then catching up with some of the World Ballet Day via ROH on YouTube – “World Ballet Day 2020 will be the biggest ever celebration of global dance with a staggering 40 dance companies participating in this year’s unique live-streamed event” – Perfect for a ballet lover like myself ❤️

OH arranged for a hamper from Ottolenghi’s shop to be delivered for our wedding anniversary 👩‍❤️‍👨 It arrived yesterday and quite a few things need to be eaten by mid November!!!!!!! how will my poor battered willpower cope……..

@markie99 – a retired nurse here too……and I so agree that we need to keep moving as we get older, hence my 7 classes a week which include a mix of strength and stretching ones = 2xBroga – 1xPilates – 1xHIP – 1xAerobic and 2xYoga plus I try to get out for walks/hike a few times a week too. I love my yoga classes but also enjoy the more aerobic/strength ones – I know that I am so much fitter/flexible now than when I was working and I feel so much better for it too!!
    @basyjames – good to hear that you have picked yourself up and hosting November will be a great motivator for you too – happy to set up the spreadsheet for November for you
    @stitchincarol – I’m letting OH decide what he wants to eat for our wedding anniversary ❤️ my present to him – he’s still thinking about it……I can post the recipe for that cake if you want it?
    @ccco – 7lbs lost in October – fantastic!!!!
    @daffodil2010 – wonderful to hear that you “feel good in myself, I am sleeping so well, I enjoy my life, so I am not despondent” and I am so glad that you are staying withe even if you are not fasting – what about joining me for a Dry November?? I am having some 🥂 on the 1st for my wedding anniversary then going dry for the rest of the month – I know I can do this but would love some company!!!
    @kazoo – great to hear from you and to know that your OH is coping well with his chemo – thinking of you 🤗
    @betsylee – Lovely to hear that you have got some control back to your eating – great step forward!
    @snowflake56 – good to hear that your OH’s DIY skills are helping to resolve the problem with the linoleum – my OH is hopeless with DIY- no skills whatsoever like myself 🤣🤣 BTW thank you for adding me to the pocket lists 🤗
    @i-hate-lettuce – nearly the end of your second week of intensive therapy – so good to hear that all still going OK – grazing sounds like the way forward during this time – thinking of you and Mrs IHL on those early morning drives to hospital 🤗
    @northgeorgia – nice to hear that Hurricane Zeta caused you only minor issues
    @brightonbelle – good news 😊 hang on tight to that mojo

Pocket list day 29
    @at
    @daffodil2010
    @northgeorgia
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @basyjames
    @stitchincarol

ZBC day 29
    @at
    @daffodil2010
    @northerndawn
    @stitchincarol
    @snowflake56
    @northgeorgia
    @markie99
    @brightonbelle
    @basyjames

Exercise day 29
    @markie99
    @brightonbelle
    @basyjames
    @stitchincarol
    @at

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 29 Murrells Inlet SC FD

Whew what a week. Last week we received the results of my husbands MRI. Not the news we wanted to hear, tumor is growing again the news could of been worse so we are grateful.

New treatment in place chemo every six weeks for 9 cycles and his infusion increased to a higher dose every two weeks. Spent the last week getting everything set up and to kick off the week our cobra expires at the end of the month so had to get DH set up on Plan D of Medicare and Plan F and I am now on Obama Care. All a royal pain it the %^&. DH’s chemo was going to cost of $775.00 every six weeks and one of his anti-seizure meds was going to coat $945.00 a month. Doctor’s office as able to reach out to the manufacture and go this chemo at no cost and we are working with the other manufacture to get a year for free. How do people deal with these crazy cost??

On the flip side my fasting paid off this month I am 4lbs lighter YAY fasting really helps me stay focused on myself.

Be kind and stay safe.

@diana123 – hugs to you as you deal with your hubs health. Prayers that his regimen of treatment is strong and effective. <3

USA. DAY 29. OMAD

Diana123, my heart goes out to you. You and your husband will be in my prayers!

2nd post

@diana123 I’m so sorry to hear your news, I hope all goes well and your DH responses to the treatment.

@at Thanks you so much for reminding me of “World Ballet Day”! I already watched the Dutch Ballet and the Stuttgart Ballet. Now I’m at the Royal Ballet.

Day 29 – uk – post 2

@stitchincarol

Halloween has become really big here especially over the past 30 years and there’s lots of the same traditions like pumpkin carving, trick or treat, fancy dress, apple bobbing

Samhain is as you say pronounced sow-win
    And it’s the original Halloween!

It’s one of the 8 Celtic festivals (equinoxes, solstices and cross quarters) that mark the passing of the year and the different seasons,
    if you live with the land there are different tasks and foods to prepare or harvest at each time of year

Lots of Christian traditions and modern holidays are mapped onto the old Celtic way of doing things

Eg samhain is about moving into the darker months and resting and remembering those who have passed into darkness
    Imbolc in spring is about planting seeds and new beginnings and planning new things
    Beltane is about fertility and abundance celebrating the fruits in May
    Lammas is the harvest festival in August gathering in your hard work

Lots of imagery and ideas for thinking about life as well as practical advice for working with the seasons

I think a lot of ppl in the uk are aware of this although maybe Only small numbers celebrate it at home
    but numbers are increasing. I think the way these festivals connect us to the cycle of the earth and growing food appeals to a lot of people

some events especially in May at Beltane there are parades and green man festivals in towns and villages
    And the big ones like the Solstices often have community events to celebrate them as well

It’s a nice way to honour the traditions of our homeland and connect and be aware of the natural cycles

second post

@at thank you 😀

@Diane123 my heart aches for you. Kudos on your attitude and strength. I will continue to keep you and your OH in my heart and thoughts

Day 30 – Japan – WFD #86?

My water fasts are just liquids with no or very low calories. My main drink tends to be about 1/3 club soda with 2/3 water. I like the favor better that way. Also some black coffee, but often just 1 or 2 cups of that. For a treat maybe a glass of diet cola which isn’t really healthy. Another treat is maybe a fruity tea which still is very low in calories.

Most coffee/tea actually has 1 or 2 calories a cup. Many people consider it fine as long as you keep your calories below 35 or so. That is actually a lot and a few times in the past I’ve had a bowl of miso soup when I felt bad. It is salty and around 30 calories a bowl. I don’t think I’ve done that for over two years now. At some point, too many calories drives my hunger. I would have a great deal of trouble eating a small meal and continuing to fast, unless I was sick.

What helps the most is actually exercise, something like running is what I prefer. It tends to curb my hunger and it often does raise my blood glucose.

36 hours of this fast is actually pretty easy. Going another 24 hours is much harder but some point after that it gets easier again. When I’ve done longer fasts, it is pretty routine and easy after day 3, but I’ve only done those a few times. (Probably less than 10) The longest I went was only 7 days. However from there one probably could go weeks if that was desired, it is just probably better to have some medical supervision at that point. I’ve just never felt the need to push past that.

Day 30, Emden Germany, FD

Just a quick post as our last dance class for a while starts at 8:00 am today. Will be back later.

@at I’m joining you on your 3 FDs.

Pocket list day 30
    @dykask WFD
    @at
    @betsylee
    @snowflake56

ZBC day 30
    @at
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn
    @daffodil2010
    @snowflake56

Exercise day 30
    @snowflake56 💃

See you all later!

Day 30 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Finishing the month a whole one pound lighter 😄😄😄😄

But I feel great, really happy and content in myself, all that exercise, fresh air and grounding has really helped me this month despite if all so I am pleased.

I take delivery of a full size 100% cotton grounding sheet today from http://www.groundology.com and really excited about that. It was quite expensive but I hope it will be another game-changer.

Despite weight not being ideal, all the Leslie walks, the times I do successful fasting, DTF most times, and the daily grounding…….I haven’t felt as well in a long time.

I plan to research the Blood Sugar Diet, or Meditterranean diet, try to find something different to mix things up. I will still be IF’ing and will still be here.

Have a great Friday ☺️

Day 30 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

@diana123 – I’m with you both at the moment, (I’m end of 2nd of 6 weeks intensive chemo/radiotherapy for throat cancer) not easy and a lot to get the brain around and that’s without the ‘medicare’ costs for us! Hope things go as smoothly as they can, life’s a bit of a Bungee Jump at the moment, more than usual, take care of each other, thinking of you. This morning a result for me, very pleased to see the lump on the neck is visibly reducing!

Talking of ups and downs, eating has been a bit of a problem at the moment, but I’m maintaining my weight! However the ‘Inner Warthog’ woke me up this morning …. I thought he’d gone into hibernation, but no, so I made the most of it!

The kitchen worktop was like a students flat or a Warthogs den, coffee, plus a large bowl of (3 weetabix) cereal, lots of warm milk, a couple of very large scoops of home made compote, topped with more cereal (rice crispies) toaster on and trying a crumpet with butter and home made marmalade …. MFP app = 850 calories …. The thing is though I have to top 1800 cals per day ATM so I’ll be grazing little bits for the rest of the day.

Weekend, the Six Nations Rugby matches postponed from March are being played tomorrow, all 3 are televised (not at same time) all matches have a bearing on the outcome, could be an entertaining day. How am I’m going to make one beer last all day?

Take care all.

Day 30 – NSW, AU – MFD

Was supposed to finish my fast around 9:15 but when it came around I wasn’t hungry so I just kept going and decided to have some lunch at 1:15pm, meaning I did a 20 hour fast which I’m really proud of. Basic lunch of a small tin of spaghetti and a bread roll and that left me enough calories for a Butter Chicken microwave dinner. Ended up having a 3 and a half hour eating window today. And despite my binge yesterday I’m still weighing in at 97.7kg.

@markie99 – It is so carefree and easy having hair only a millimetre or two long, don’t even need to bother towel drying it now. Although because I have a grey patch right at the front of my hairline it does look like I went in too deep, but honestly I’d happily have hair like this all summer long (does get a bit too cold to have it the same in winter)

@stitchincarol – Not quite bald, that’ll probably come at Christmas when I’m heading home for the holiday and my brother’s said that he’ll bring the shaving foam and razor and give me the full Yul Brynner (or Bruce Willis or Patrick Stewart, depending on your maturity) Though I have found one little issue with having it so short and spiky, it catches bits of fluff easily.

Wondering if I can do another 20:4 tomorrow, maybe even work myself up to a OMAD just for something different.

Day 30 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

No progress this month, the weight gained since March is stubbornly refusing to budge, the best I can say is that I have maintained the gain and I am ending the month where I started. Not giving up but still struggling.

@stitchincarol thank you so much for keeping the wagon rolling, your musings have given me pause for thought 💐

Thank you everyone for sharing here. I haven’t posted much this month but I have read posts and it has helped me not to give up.

Now for a plan for November 🤷‍♀️

Day 30 UK NFD

Scales not playing nice this morning – +1lb after a FD How is that even possible ? Actually after all these years I know the answer but it’s a mean trick , onwards ……..

I too am going to set my November goals Have a good Friday all x

Day 30 – USA/GA – NFD

@brightonbelle I had the same problem. No movement at all after yesterday’s FD. The answer: I’m convinced our bodies are stubborn mules sometimes, deciding to soak up every drop of water and not let it go out of fear of a self-imagined march through the Sahara. LOL

Still 238 lbs., so that looks like my lowest possible weight for October, a disappointing 2 lbs. away from my goal of 236. But celebrating the little things. Lost a quarter inch of waistline this month and look to be in the upper 230s at last. Time to readjust my goals. Going to lax up a pound a month on my targets starting from this 238 weight, going into November. It’ll all be good.

No internet this morning; using the data plan from my phone. Clothes look like they were protected from the roof blowing off the shed yesterday. We got it temporarily fixed back yesterday evening. No Wes/Lola story today. Will restart soon when things are a little more normal.

Good luck to everyone today!

Day 30 – UK – FD 800

Lovely sunshine now so going to get out for a wander soon

Early start to get the food shop done before it gets busy then walk into the village to get supplies from the Deli and now enjoying a cup of tea whilst catching up here

@diana123 – sorry to hear the news about your OH – positive thoughts coming your way and hopefully the treatment plan will help reduce the tumour – made me realise once more how lucky we are with our NHS system here
    @snowflake56 – thank you for the company – mine will all be FD800 🤞
    @i hate lettuce – great to read positive news in your post – Will be Rugby watching too and texting my Irish friend down south during the game no doubt – we used to get together to watch as my OH is not a great fan and I miss her company……
    @missybear – stay with us and maybe go back to the basics of 5:2 and remember to drink plenty of water to help you step off that plateau

Pocket list day 30
    @dykask WFD
    @at
    @betsylee
    @snowflake56

ZBC day 30
    @at
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn
    @daffodil2010
    @snowflake56

Exercise day 30
    @snowflake56 💃
    @at

“The only successful way to reach and maintain a healthy weight is to find what works for you.” – Author Unknown

2nd post

We had a great dance class this morning and my DH and the dance teacher decided we look at the numbers and then decide if we’re going to class or not. All group classes are postponed from Monday on but private lessons are possible. I had real balance problems today so I’ll have to work on that.

@markie99 Last year I stayed a week with my friend and tried out her Fitbit. It was fun to wear but I found out that a simple step counter works fine for me. I don’t want to wear the thing all the time, I don’t like the look of it.

@at How lovely your DH ordered an Ottolenghi basket, what a great gift. I try to stay under 500 cal but will go higher as I feel I need it.

@i-hate-lettuce Already one third of the treatment is over, enjoy your weekend!

@stitchincarol I also got tired of the Leslie videos and looked for something else. Somehow I came upon old videos of The Pet Shop Boys, they are fun to watch and do have a faster beat. Tomorrow I’m trying out, if it works for me until I get bored of it as well after a while.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 30 Wisconsin USA OMAD

Good morning! Here we are on the penultimate day of our October reset. I’m happy I was able to join in, and want to thank you all for your wise words, kind words, good advice, interesting ideas and other fun things I’ve read (midnight zoom comes to mind).

Safe distance volunteer shift at the library this morning, one more volunteer outdoor voting event this afternoon and then will be home for the duration of the weekend which will include some form of trick or treating (we will be the givers of treats, not the eaters of treats).

See you tomorrow!

Plan for Day 30:
    OMAD
    Steps, yoga and my own SS classic class

@diana123, everyone’s experience is different, but I understand at least a bit. My DH survived months of cancer treatment a few years ago and I will always remember the challenges, the ups and downs and the kindness of friends. Remember to keep taking care of yourself. You and your OH are in my thoughts.

Take care everyone.

Day 30 – Rural Nebraska, USA – Fast5

At the beginning of October, I posed the question of what upcoming holiday foods would you be okay with not eating, and what holiday foods were too important to skip. One of them that I listed for myself was enchiladas and pumpkin cookies (pumpkin-shaped cut out cookies with bright orange frosting) on Halloween. I’ve been making this combination every single year since DH and I married in 1989, so skipping either is simply not an option. But. I did NOT need to nibble on the cookie dough as I rolled them out and cut them out and baked them, something I typically do. And I am so proud to report that although I nibbled on the dough a smidge when I first made it and got it in the fridge, when I actually made the cookies last night, I didn’t put any of it in my mouth! Yay for tiny steps–or big ones! Today I’ll frost them with royal icing and then get some in the mail to my DD in Colorado; DS24 will be here Sunday for church and DS29 doesn’t care. 🤣😂

@songbirdme “Each newbie who arrives here and lingers at all…” That’s the trick isn’t it, that they have to linger and actually chatter to realize the love and compassion. Makes me sad when people pop up and then as quickly disappear.

@at I’d be delighted if you’d post that recipe, and I’m also wondering what was in that basket! 🥰

@diana123 I’m so very sorry your DH is facing new growth; I pray the chemo does its work! And yay you, indeed, for managing in the middle of all this to have lost 4 pounds; very impressive!

@bellalondon Thanks for all the details you shared. Halloween is huge here in the states as well.

@dykask Wow, fascinating details on your LFDs. I don’t know that I’ll ever choose to do one, but everything you detailed sure applies to me as I’m going through Fast5. Once you try it, it’s amazing how much easier it is to fast in any style than when we first considered it, huh?

@snowflake56 Thanks for the tip: The Pet Shop Boys. I’ll look them up when I’m done posting!

@daffodil2010 I can hear the confidence, joy and well-being in your words, and that means you’re well set up to succeed at whatever you choose. And one pound down? There were many months over the last couple of years when I was frustrated that I didn’t seem to be able to stop gaining, so there you go: true success!

@i-hate-lettuce Delightful account of what’s going on, and so thrilled you can see a reduction in that neck lump! Here’s my suggestion for making one beer last: wait to open it, just hold it cold from the fridge, and when it’s too warm to be delightful, go get a different one that’s still cold. Then open and drink when you’re ready!! Is that dopey or does it have soothing possibilities??

@toady Well done on listening to your body and skipping the food because you weren’t hungry! So what made you shave your head? Have you done this in the past?

@missybear I know your frustration, because I’ve experienced it myself plenty often. I’m so glad you’re still here and plan to stay; something will “switch on” inside you and you’ll get back to making progress down; in the meantime, not moving UP is a huge, huge thing, and worth celebrating!

@brightonbelle You remind me of the time I weighed myself before bed, and the next morning weighed a pound more, despite all the water/waste that was gone!!! “Mean trick,” indeed!

@northgeorgia So glad your clothes escaped damage. Hopefully hurricane season ends quietly and you can have less outdoor repair/clean up to do in November!

@markie99 Have fun at your two volunteer events today, and then smiling at Trick or Treaters tomorrow!

I got the hat knitted for DD; need to get the ends woven it and get it mailed today. All sorts of fussy details like that are on schedule for my day, so I’m off to it. Have a grand day/evening, everyone!

Day 30 Minnesota, US CD
    Day 29 NFD

Too many salty foods yesterday (well, only salty because I added too much salt), and I’m up two pounds. Today’s goals: drink at least 2 liters of water, and herbal tea this afternoon, control calories to 1000, exercise. I’m planning on a very seriously focused November!

@diana123 I’m very sorry to hear your news. I’m hoping and praying that your husband responds to the new protocols. I’m so sorry for all the incredible hassles you’ve been put through trying to finance health care….I could go on and on about this country’s health system, but I’ll stop with that. The majority of people just don’t understand the system or the issues, really, as most people have not had to deal with major problems, and that’s why they don’t demand a better and more transparent system. I really will keep you and your DH in my prayers. Everyone here is sending you love and hugs!

@stitchincarol I’m trying to get out walking as much as possible before it’s not really possible due to ice and frigid temps that will come. Then I will get more friendly with Leslie, and a few others on YouTube. And you are right that 12 pounds in two months was quite a bit, but that mad me a little too complacent this month and I was not that careful on NFDs. But my hope is that over the months it all balances out to about a pound a week.

@markie99 I have an apple watch now, and it does keep track of steps, exercise minutes, and all, but I had a fitbit HR for a couple of years and I actually preferred that. It registered more steps, it gave me credit for 12 stairs whenever I walked 2.5 miles in my neighborhood (hills), instead of just high and low elevation, and I really preferred it’s calorie counter program to My Fitness Pal. Also, the sleep tracking. I’ve though about getting another one, and wearing it on my right wrist…….I’d really look like a serious fitness buff with a device on each wrist, wouldn’t I? Maybe a bit much? 😂

@northgeorgia Sorry about yet more hurricane damage. Let’s hope that’s done for the year, and next year will be milder. I hope your shed contents aren’t damaged.

@i-hate-lettuce I hope you can have a restful and relaxing weekend to recharge for the week ahead, and that all goes well.

@daffodil2010 You are so kind to be there for friends and family. What a thoughtful and compassionate person you are! It makes me realize there are phone calls I should be making to people that I imagine are struggling with isolation, as well. It’s inspiring to hear how good you are feeling as a result of taking care of yourself!

@snowflake56 James Bond in German would be ridiculous!😂🤣 I’m glad you enjoyed your dance class!

@at Happy Anniversary Sunday! Enjoy your special day! I’m considering joining you for a dry November…..If I want to lose about 6 lbs this next month it would be necessary to forego the wine and spirits. Still wondering if that’s realistic with Thanksgiving celebrations. Hmmm.🤔

Have a good weekend!

Day 30 Murrells Inlet SC CD

Thank you everyone for your kind words, I am feeling the love.

Went to the beach and did some meditating during sunrise. It really is my best medicine

Friday, Saturday and Sunday’s are my control days. Might sneak in an outdoor dinning this weekend because I feel soon we will have to go back into lock down like we did in the spring. Groceries delivery and no outings except for brief walks on the beach.

Each morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.

Be kind to yourself and stay safe everyone.

3rd post

@at Live-Stream of tonight’s Première. It will be available for 24 hours.

https://www.stuttgarter-ballett.de/live-stream-response-2/

Day 30 USA (Illinois) NFD

The sun is shining, cold, but pleasant. I’m going out shortly to help DH with leaf gathering and (luckily our little town permits) burning.

@northerndawn – I’m like you with salty food and water retention. But I do love my salt. 🙂

@stitchincarol – thank you ever so much for leading us this long month. Glad you ‘lingered’ long enough with us to relish the love and support!

Onward and downward.

Day 30 – NSW, AU – MFD

After my 20 hour fast yesterday I thought that I’d push it a bit further and managed a 21.5 hour fast which I’m proud of myself for. Broke my fast with carrot sticks and Spicy Pumpkin dip for a late lunch, just now I’ve finished a frozen Cottage Pie for dinner and as I had some spare calories enjoyed a Peanut and Almond ‘Chocolate Nut Bar’ for ‘dessert’. I’ve also put a sign out to stop Trick or Treaters knocking on the door, unfortunately here in Australia they haven’t learnt the rules – like porch light is on if you have candy, though some places do put balloons on the mailbox.

As it’s the last day of October I’m really glad to say I hit my goal of getting under 100kg (and staying there!) I’ll post up my goals for November in that thread.

@stitchincarol – The previous times that I’ve shaved my hair this short was for fundraisers for the Australia Leukaemia Foundation… I’m a side sleeper so one side of my head always has hair sticking up (despite wetting it down) and I decided I was just sick of my hair and shaved it all off. I went downtown today to get some Vitamin D tablets and some more skincare stuff while it was half price and think that I had a few strange looks from others (pfft, don’t care about their views) but unless they’ve ever felt the breeze again their scalp, they can’t lecture me!!

Day 31, Emden Germany, FD

This month ended with a small gain of 0.3 kg/0.7 lbs, that’s fine. Overall it was a good month and I managed to stay on track for most of the time with the help of this forum and my lovely husband. Thank you all for being here.

@stitchincarol Thank you so much for being such a lovely and attentive host. I loved reading your daily encouraging posts. 💐 Well done on resisting eating the cookies, I often think the dough tastes better than the end result. How right you are, small steps can lead to big changes and that’s what we’re trying to do.

@northerndawn and @at A special thanks to the two of you for the support you give to us all.

Pocket list day 31
    @at
    @snowflake56

ZBC day 31
    @at
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn
    @snowflake56

Exercise day 31
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone and I hope to “see” you all tomorrow on the Controlled November Challenge!

UK Lake District

Thank you @stitchincarol for hosting this month and to @at for the spreadsheet.

I am still trundling along but not ready yet to get back on the wagon.

Have a good day everyone and see you all in November. It’s closer than you think.

Day 31 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

@stitchincarol – Thank you for keeping the ‘wagon’ on the road this month, I must admit I log onto the Forum every day, but go straight to the Monthly Challenge, occasionally maybe I might look for a specific question, but rarely miss a morning coffee here.

@northerndawn – Relaxing weekend ? Today, The final 3 top flight Rugby matches in the 6 Nations Trophy! Lots at stake with all the matches influencing the outcome, relaxing, I doubt it! There maybe the occasional shouting at the telly and cheering players on, almost certainly, even without beer ! 😉

End of the month, weigh stable despite treatments etc, so very happy.

In regards to 5:2 Diet etc, I’m still calling in here virtually every day as over the last year or so these Monthly Challenges have really helped, lost 3 stone and it’s staying off! Although I’m perhaps not ‘participating’ quite the same I’ve found out a lot about me and food over that time and calling in is a great reminder and help.

I’d also like to say thank you all for the thoughts and good wishes, not just for me and Mrs IHL, the group is very supportive of everyone going through whatever problems life throws our way.

To all ‘riders and fallers’ who are on and off the ‘Monthly Challenge Wagon, what a great bunch we are, unlikely to ever meet, but still count very much as friends.

Take care all

See you Next Month 😉

Day 31 – Japan – NFD

Water fast went well but I cut it a couple hours short because I wasn’t able to sleep well enough. So I had some oatmeal with lots of fruit at about 6am and then I was able to sleep a few hours after that.

Day 31 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Thanks @stitchincarol for wonderful hosting this month. See you all in November.

Oh and best of luck today @ihatelettuce and @at in the rugby. You might well be champions be the time the day is out but it’s going to be super exciting. Hoping Ireland smash it in France but it’s a big ask to win the championship. Love rugby!

Day 31 CD UK

Sorry to have been MIA for a while, no particular reason, just didn’t really have anything to report.
    I read all the posts each day though so I do keep in touch mentally.

Still on the landing as regards weight but just can’t seem to get my head around it. Electrical problems in house, no power for a day, haven’t helped. Finally found it was the fault of the dishwasher which has now ended its useful life. A new one is now semi installed ready for first check wash.

On a positive note my back is finally better so should be able to move more although have to confess I am not a great one for walking in the rain so weather hasn’t helped either.

@stitchincarol thank you so much for looking after us this month and your great help and insights. You have been there for us all the way.

I am so very sorry to hear of the various health problems and am sending all the positive vibes I can. I do hope things improve quickly although for some I fear it will be a really arduous road to travel.

So here’s hoping for a better November, just need to get my brain in gear. More movement might just be the key. I have proved the point that the ex nurses made…use it or lose it, I am now paying the price of 10 days of little activity.

The remedy is in my own hands….just get on with it. Strap yourself to that wagon girl and get rolling.

TTFN

Day 31 UK NFD

Ending October same weight as I started , which I’m happy with .Thanks for guiding us @stitchincarol I’ve enjoyed your musings

Have a good weekend all, see you in November x

Day 31 – Rural Nebraska, USA – Fast5

Well, I’ve come up stunningly short of my October goal. Here’s what I wrote:
    My ACTION goals for October:
    1. Exercise for 30 minutes on five days of every week.
    2. While 10K days are always wonderful, they aren’t always realistic, so I’ll get at least 36K steps per week, with a minimum of 6K on 5 days.
    3. Stick to Fast5, having a FD two days a week; the only exception is Sunday when I’ll begin eating at Brunch after church.
    4. DTF every week
    5. Count calories on at least three NFDs every week (because I’m clearly eating more than I realize since my weight loss is slower than I would expect).

My desired results for October:
    1. Burn at least 1900 calories daily
    2. Lose 5 pounds so that I weigh 145.

As I consider why I’m at 148–only two pounds down (and still a joy to celebrate!) and not five pounds down–I know that I often didn’t reach 1900 calories burned each day, because my Fitbit tells me so. I also know I never once counted calories in a real way (just mentally estimated) (“Bad Carol, Bad Carol”). But I’m only left with I must be eating way more calories on NFDs than I’m realizing, because the math says I should be losing faster.

So I’ll use all of those thoughts to determine my November ACTION goals. I will simultaneously celebrate the discipline I showed to reach almost every other goal!

@toady I chuckled at your “wind in your scalp” comment…perhaps someday I’ll decide I want to shave my head!

Thanks, everyone, for making my role as host for October so much fun. See you in Controlled November!

Day 31 – UK – FD800

What a difference a day makes – windy and raining – does not look very nice out there today ☔️🌬

Made OH another batch of scones this morning and then a pavlova which is in the oven at the moment – Did not know what to get OH for our wedding anniversary tomorrow so let him choose the menu and a mixed berry with passion fruit coulis was his pudding choice
    @stitchincarol – Firstly THANK YOU for being a great host 🤗💐 Goodies in the basket included – Preserved Lemon and Chilli Olives – Rosemary Spiced Nuts – Strawberry Marshmallows – Ottolenghi Nougat – Dark Chocolate, Pistachio and Raspberry Brittle – Cheddar and Pistachio Biscuits – Grissini – Chilli and Coriander Chutney – O Tote Bag and here is the link for the cake – I use less sugar in mine – about 3/4 of the stated amount
    https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/cherry-pistachio-coconut-cake-56389614
    @northerndawn – thank you and I’m sure we will
    @diana123 – 🤗
    @snowflake56 – thank you for that link – will look at it this evening – thank you for adding me to the pocket lists – helps to keep my resolve
    @kazoo – one day at a time and keep logging in – we are all holding on to you x
    @i-hate-lettuce – good to hear that you are doing OK at the end of your 2nd week – enjoy the rugby this afternoon – I’ll be joining you 🏉
    @annabelle48 – I like your statement “The remedy is in my own hands….just get on with it. Strap yourself to that wagon girl and get rolling”

Weight this morning was 56kg – I’m OK with that as I know that I ate too much on several of my NFDs and enjoyed some 🍷🥂 on more days that I should have 👿 hence the prompt for a dry November after tomorrow

Pocket list day 31
    @at
    @snowflake56

ZBC day 31
    @at
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn
    @snowflake56

Exercise day 31
    @snowflake56
    @at

Weather is meant to improve this afternoon and there is some sunshine appearing on and off whilst I have been on line here

Have a fab weekend everyone and hope to see you all tomorrow in the Controlled November Monthly Challenge 2020 with @basyjames

Day 31 SECOND POST

@at Thanks for the recipe link. Mahleb is new to me; I’ll have to hunt it up. And your basket sounds glorious! I kept thinking all last night, and again this morning, about your comment, “how will my poor battered will-power cope?” and chuckling at it.

Here’s a diet-friendly recipe for everyone: https://miakouppa.com/2019/07/01/sauteed-green-peppers/ I had half a dozen bell peppers that were ripe in our garden all at once, and didn’t know what I wanted to do with them; just a little hunting led me to this recipe. Made it last night with a marinated salmon and it was really yummy! Who knew bell peppers could star in a dish rather than have a supporting role?? I often (usually?) simply steam veggies, but when I want something a bit more interesting, I will definitely make this one a regular part of my veggie rotation.

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 509 total)

You must be logged in to reply.