October 2020 Monthly Challenge — RESET OCTOBER

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
October 2020 Monthly Challenge — RESET OCTOBER

This topic contains 503 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  NorthGeorgia 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 501 through 509 (of 509 total)

• Day 31 – USA/GA – NFD

Quick post, as I’m using data to connect because we’re now supposedly out of internet service until Sunday morning (I suspect it will really be into next week sometime). I was surprised after a day of probably going over my TDEE that I weighed in at 237 lbs today! I did not reach my goal of 236 lbs, but this is so close, that my readjusted targets will just be a pound less than the current ones. I will resume Lola and Wesley when internet service resumes.

Thank you @stitchincarol for being such a great host for Reset October!

Have a great weekend!

Day 31 USA (Illinois) NFD

Yeah for another month at maintenance! And certainly sending congrats to the ones who lost this month, or even just are staying with us on hopes of losing or maintaining. This is one terrific group of posters.

Happy to say we’re not having Trick-or-Treaters here tonight, so I didn’t have to buy candy that might not get given away. Then we have to deal with eating it. 🙂

Onward and downward to November!

@stitchincarol – Thank you for the recipe – We love peppers in our house and will be trying your recipe soon
    Mahlab Powder is made from the ground seeds of the St Lucie Cherry (Prunus mahaleb). This unusual spice has an interesting flavour – a combination of almond/marzipan, cherry and rosewater. In the Middle East and Greece it is used in breads, cakes, biscuits, sweets and cheese. I ordered mine on line as no shops near me stock it – my OH adds a bit to his porridge mix and loves the flavour it adds

Day 31 Murrells Inlet SC CD

Whew last day of the month, seems like time is flying by so fast. It feels great to be back here and I always feel better after a good fast day. I remembered a trick I learn from here. Thursday was a hard fast day as I was craving a bagel and lox’s. What I remembered was I don’t have to have it today I can have it tomorrow. Well Friday came and I didn’t even want it, so today I had half a bagel and lox’s That trick really worked.

We too have no candy to give out. The kids are trick treating in our new community but lights will be off for the first time in years because of my husband being compromised.

I received a call from Maryland where we use to order a free ranged turkey every Thanksgiving. We always have had a houseful with the family but not this year. So many new things for us. Covid sucks and so does Cancer.

You can’t change the things that are happening. It’s how you deal with them. That’s where you power is.

Stay safe everyone and Happy Halloween.

Day 31 North canton OH Cd

Another month in 2020 has come and gone. Thank you @stitchincarol for taking the reins and keeping us moving along in our journey through wellness 🎉

I have candy to give away because my husband really loves his sweets, and we always have candy in the house. Fortunately it is not a source of temptation for, soft pillowy rolls are my weakness; candy, chocolate and ice cream meh.

I have also substituted kombucha for alcohol with better results; turns out the fizz is really all I need and I do not have to deal with the sweats that always follow a glass of wine or flavored beer.

October was fun (kind of?) and November awaits, see you all on the other side 💞

Day 31 Minnesota, US NFD

Well, I’m ending the month where I started it, which is better than a gain, so I’m putting the month in the positive category and focusing on a strong and successful November.

@stitchincarol Thank you so much for your guidance, thoughtful encouragements and musings throughout October! You were a wonderful host! I know it takes a lot of time and energy, and early hours for someone in the Midwest to post in a timely manner for our friends across the pond(s), but I do hope you will consider hosting again in the future.

@snowflake56 Thank you for your kind words; you are also so very supportive of everyone.

@i-hate-lettuce It’s evening in the UK and I hope you’ve had a fun and lively day of watching Rugby!

Have a great weekend, everyone, and let’s all start November with determination and positive attitudes to help us on our journeys to a healthier life!

Day 31+1 Melb Aust TDEE

Finished October a bit higher than I started it, but it could have been so much worse, so I’m really relieved.

@stitchincarol, thank you for being our host for October, and for your often helpful and gracious words.

See you all in November!

1st Nov – uk – 16:8 – ZBC – tdee day

Thank you so much @stitchincarol for being an inspiration all month and giving so much care and support to the group

Iv managed to lose 5.4 lbs in October which I’m feeling really good about!

I didn’t exercise every day but I managed a few times a week
    I planned to be sober for October but I had one big night of drinking which really did for me, but taught me a lesson!

Another Big achievement is I got back into the habit of meal planning and prepping which makes it so much easier having 4 meals prepared as I know the calories and don’t have to make decisions each day

Thank you everyone for your contributions and I’m wishing you all the best for your next month too xx

(Nov) Day 1 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in waffling between 237 and 238 lbs; I choose 237 for a second day in the row. Three days without Internet; going to put up my holiday decorations today LOL! Yes, I’m one of those people. Hoping my niece and nephew will come decorate the tree the day after Halloween haha! I will probably wait and put up the outdoor Christmas lights next weekend.

[I can inform you that Wesley and Lola are still en route to the 230s Overlook. I hope things calm down at the convenience store!]

Everyone have a great day; let’s make it a fantastic November!

Viewing 9 posts - 501 through 509 (of 509 total)

You must be logged in to reply.