MAY 2018 – MONTHLY CHALLENGE

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
MAY 2018 – MONTHLY CHALLENGE

This topic contains 1,073 replies, has 83 voices, and was last updated by  abop 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 1,075 total)

• Day 2 UK FD

OOOOPS! Almost forgot!

FD Pocket List
    @dingping
    @toddybear

Day 1, Guildford UK, CFD
    Day 2, Guildford UK, CFD

Bladder infection last few days. Very tired last few days, slept and drinking lots of water.

So tired.

@diana123 thinking of you and your brother and sending strength

@molij a fellow Taurean! Happy Birthday

@dingping I generally add peeps to a pocket list who volunteer for FD, not conscripts

I keep WFD separate and B2B also but only on the list I am on.

If the list is going I add any extra peeps since the last name expecting earlier pocketeers to have been generous in adding

These days I do lots of CFD but I don’t create a list for that

Happy fasting

Mari

Day 2 North Wales NFD

Thank you for your birthday wishes, I had a fab day yesterday. Husband took me out for a meal in a restaurant with views across a very stormy sea. It was lovely but I ate too much and feel quite uncomfortable today ๐Ÿ˜ฉ. Should have had 2 courses instead of three. My stomach must have shrunk ๐Ÿ˜‚.
    Happy birthday @ songbirdme, I hope you have a lovely day.
    Welcome to maintenance @missybear. Hope you are successful at maintaining.
    Have a good day everyone.

Day 2
    2nd post
    @rainbowsmile many thanks for explaining re pocket list etiquette, still a little unsure whether to add or not. I think generally Iโ€™ll keep doing what Iโ€™ve been doing which is happy to start but wonโ€™t add anyone. Iโ€™m not offended if I get added as sometimes I forget to add myself and personally I like the acknowledgment and solidarity.

Your abbreviations for all your fast days are intriguing, worked out WFD (hats off to you!) and B2B I get but CFD? ?control FD, apart from a water fast arenโ€™t they all controlled?

Ta x

2nd Post

So sorry I missed it was your birthday today @songbirdme – wishing you a very Happy birthday ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐Ÿฅ‚

Day 2, USA, FD

Good morning! This month I’m trying something new this month. Weighing in every day, but only charting the losses. I’m thinking this may keep me supplied with important data, but help prevent the mental ups and downs that seem to accompany my eat/fast day ups and downs. ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ll report back on that. I am so enjoying reading everyone’s posts in this wonderful forum. I can’t thank you all enough for sharing your journey and the difference it has made in mine. A virtual hug this morning to everyone! ๐Ÿ™‚

@debster251, @diwantsthin, waiting for my Fitbit! Very impatiently. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you @michelinme for that post. It’s inspiring to read about your journey.

@merryapple, a very impressive loss, way to go!

@missybear, what an accomplishment. Looking forward to maintenance.

@abop โ€“ good luck with your first FD.

@molij and @songbirdme happy birthday!

@diana123 sending prayers for strength and health for your family.

@stoic, lol! I now I have your words of wisdom, “Three months from now you’ll thank yourself,” on little cards all over the house.

@coda, hi!

@dkdietplan, Hello and welcome! Check the Resources tab up top and calculate your BMR and TDEE, that will give you a pretty good idea of how many calories you should be eating on your non-fasting days.

@treasure Quilt, welcome and I hope you find, like so many have, that you can get healthy and avoid medication.

Thanks for the inspiring quote @at. We can’t just give up the weight, if we want to truly gain health, we have to give up the lifestyle that made us fat.

Adding myself to the list:

@dingping
    @toddybear
    @onlyhermes

Day 2 Stevensville Maryland USA CNFD

I am not really sure what kind of day I am doing. I will stick with 16:8 everyday and will do one true fast day a week. I did not do my 66hr fast from Sunday to Wednesday. The scale went down .5lbs. Guess my stress levels are keeping me from not eating much.

Thank you for all the encouraging support for my brother. This truly is trying times for me and my family. Staying strong in my Faith has helped.

@at your advise to me back in early Feb in regards to keeping my TDEE’s at my goal weight and not my current weight. It worked for me. I have lost 20lbs in 3 1/2 months.

Go be love, the world needs you. Have a great day everyone and Happy Birthday to all the birthday people this month.

NFD today. Had a great walk today. Total 4399 steps on this walk. Only had to use my hiking stick half way. I never know how my walking will be. Some days I can only walk 3 blocks and have to go back home. My legs feel heavy and can hardly move them. Then other days like today, no problems. Go figure?? Done hundreds of test and nothing ever shows up. Now on to a new art project.
    Everyone have a great day.

Broke my fast day today due to studying for exams Iโ€™m needing the energy. Will resume my normal fasting on Friday. Hoping to see a loss by the end of the week. Today I stepped on the scales and had gained 0.3kg :((

Day 2 first NFD of the week and month and my goal for today is not to self sabotage…

I agree with @at, the key to successful maintenance is mindfulness. Treat yourself but do not go overboard. I know where I went wrong; I was still fasting 2 times a week but my diet on NFD was awful; barely any fruits or vegetables, huge cans of beer days in a row, pizza and I was buying sweets every week- and finishing them. Its a wonder and testament to this WOL that I only gained 12 pounds.

So, I am slowly retraining myself to be mindful, reminding myself how good it feels not to be stuffed, trying to find that light and airy feeling I used to get from fasting (especially the B2B fasts) I am looking to enjoying this journey and I am not in a hurry. This is not a diet; for me this is the way I want to eat and live the rest of my life.

Happy birthday @songbirdme and @molij. @diana123 you and your family remain in my prayers, I pray that you receive the strength you need to get through what must be a very difficult time for you. You have endured so much loss already, my heart goes out to you. Blessings.

@diana123 what TDEE site did you use to calculate yours? Might give this tip a try!

DAY 2, USA, Missouri Ozarks, FD

Hello all, Happy MAY ! It is finally warming up – the dogwoods and redbuds are in bloom – the hummingbirds and bright orange orioles are savoring their nectar and I am a happy gal !

Still maintaining in my desired range, keeping up the planks and lots of other daily exercise, lots of water and green tea (will admit that I fell off the no diet Dr. Pepper perch I was on but am climbing back up.) Make a big carafe of cold Crystal light pink lemonade – very weak – just enough to flavor the water a bit and feel “summery”.

Hope to have time to read and catch up. I have been very busy at work (legal assistant) as our firm has opened a new office in a different state and I ( by telecommunting ) helping train staff there. The forms and documents are so very different than ours !

To your health all.

michelinme – thank you for hosting this Month !

ccco USA Day 2 FD

Just checking in! Welcome to all the newbies and, Diana123, I hope your brother has a better day today! Be back later! ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 2, Essex, UK, FD.

@diana123 I am sorry to hear you are going through a rough time at the moment, thoughts are with your brother and your family.

Today is a fast day, going a lot smoother than Mondays. I am making cottage pie for dinner, I will keep the potato to a minimum and have lots of veg on the side. I should come in at about 550cals.

The sun is shining a little here now so I will take our little cockapoo out for a walk and try to ignore my rumbly tummy until dinner, why is the last few hours before dinner so hard? I am sure its the anticipation of food.

Have a good day all.

FD Pocket List
    @dingping
    @toddybear
    @abop

Me again, forgot to add that there is no need to add my name to the spreadsheet, I will pop in when I can. I have been in maintenance for over a year and don’t really think about it anymore. If my weight is up a bit I know it will adjust.
    Thanks !

Day 2 Belfast NFD
    An observation from last month. My weight finished the same as I started, but my waist is 1โ€ bigger. My sugar intake left a lot to be desired, so thereโ€™s the problem, or that I really needed to me told ๐Ÿคญ
    Diana123 you and your family have certainly been through the mill. Hereโ€™s hoping your brother manages to get on top of that awful disease. Youโ€™re In my prayers
    Enjoy your holiday guild free @jaifaim!
    @ Mjrbcd44 Iโ€™m on the list! That sugar dragon ๐Ÿ‰ is perched on my shoulder. Iโ€™m NOT giving in!
    @songbirdme youโ€™re an inspiration! A very happy birthday to you!๐Ÿ’๐ŸŽถ

My first challenge this month awaits. Tomorrow I go away in the caravan for the weekend. My willpower muscle will be definitely tested.

If you don’t change your mind you won’t change your body.

Day 2 USA (Utah visiting) NFD

Thanks, everyone, for the sweet birthday wishes! DD who I stay with gave me a beautiful Versace “Dylan Blue” perfume set – and then we see that Donatella Versace also celebrates May 2. Who knew?! GD’s and DD brought me breakfast in bed, flowers, and my coffee. I think tomorrow evening will be dinner out, but who is worrying about calories when you can celebrate with wonderful family?

I hope to get caught up on posts and support soon. Thanks @michelinme for being our host this month!

Onward and downward.

Happy Birthday SongBirdMe – may the year ahead fill you with dreams that all come true.

2nd Post

@cutegirl365 I used this site, under How it works.

Day 2, Emden Germany, NFD

@songbirdme Happy Birthday!

@diana123 thinking of you and your brother, it’s good they started the chemo. You’ve gone through so much already, please take care of yourself also.

@emma taylor just looked up the website of the Berwick Street Cloth Shop, very tempting, it’s good I don’t live in London. we would like to have the Ianthe fabric from Liberty to make curtains. I have the blouses in every color and other things too. My sewing skills are limited, never made a dress only skirts and trousers.

@at I like how I look and feel well when my weight is between 54-56 kg. I have a photo of myself aged 17 wearing a bikini, my body hasn’t changed much over the years (apart from looser skin here and there, well, it’s taken almost 45 years ago). I think you’re doing better than I do,you seem to be much more consistent in the things you do. I don’t really like to exercise, I have the equipement but don’t use it. The only thing I do every morning (thanks to you!) are 7 minutes planks. Well, it’s better than nothing.

@debster251 sugar is my problem too!

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 2, USA, FD

Good morning! This month I’m trying something new. Weighing in every day, but only charting the losses. I’m thinking this may keep me supplied with important data, but help prevent the mental ups and downs that seem to accompany my eat/fast day ups and downs. ๐Ÿ™‚ I’ll report back on that. I am so enjoying reading everyone’s posts in this wonderful forum. I can’t thank you all enough for sharing your journey and the difference it has made in mine. A virtual hug this morning to everyone! ๐Ÿ™‚

@debster251, @diwantsthin, Waiting for my Fitbit! Very impatiently. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you @michelinme for that post. It is inspiring to read about your journey.

@merryapple, a very impressive loss, way to go!

@missybear, what an accomplishment.

@abop โ€“ good luck with your first FD.

@molij and @songbirdme happy birthday!

@diana123 sending prayers for strength and health for your family.

@stoic, lol! I now I have your words of wisdom, “Three months from now you’ll thank yourself,” on little cards all over the house.

@coda, hi!

@dkdietplan, Hello and welcome! Check the Resources tab up top and calculate your BMR and TDEE, that will give you a pretty good idea of how many calories you should be eating on your non-fasting days.

@treasure Quilt, welcome and I hope you find, like so many have, that you can get healthy and avoid medication.

Thanks for the inspiring quote @at. We can’t just give up the weight, if we want to truly gain health, we have to give up the lifestyle that made us fat.

Adding myself to the list:

@dingping
    @toddybear
    @abop
    @onlyhermes

Day 2 – SW WA USA – FD (3rd in a row)

FD Pocket List for Day 2:
    @dingping
    @toddybear
    @annemarilyn

@dingping – I always appreciate it if someone adds me. Sometimes I don’t have time to do it or it’s difficult on the device I’m on.
    @diwantsthin – I’m a Canadian living in WA state in the US. The rest of my immediate family is in BC. You say you’re eating WW. Are you combining it with 5:2 fasting? You didn’t mention if this was a FD or a NFD for you. @michelinme‘s 1st post at the beginning of this May challenge explains a lot.
    @toddybear – welcome back.
    @diana123 – you & your family continue in my prayers. I’m glad your Faith is strengthening you in this tough time.

This is day 3 of LFD B2B2B. I’m determined to get back below 200 and stay there. The sunshine today will help, I’m sure ๐Ÿ™‚

Have a great day everyone & remember together we are stronger!

Updating the FD Pocket List since @annemarilyn and I posted at the same time…. ๐Ÿ™‚

@dingping
    @toddybear
    @abop
    @onlyhermes
    @annemarilyn

Day 2 UK NFD

I really need a kick up the bum as I am really not entering this months challenge with the enthusiasm I had in April. I’ve been forcing myself to do my exercise and have still got above my 10,000 steps but I keep giving into sugary temptation and I need to stop this as I know I will undo all my hard work.

At least its only day 2 and I have another fast day tomorrow so hopefully I will begin to perk up.

Completely new to this! Im from Spain.Did the 16/8 for a bit and lost 6 kg and now having my first FD and its fun but also challenging.
    Hoping to loose a total of 20 kg, Im currently at 90kg due to not knowing when to stop and pregnancy.
    I can already see results from the 16/8, my skin is better and I have more energy.
    SO my first FD is nearly over and looking forward to starting the May challenge ๐Ÿ™‚

ccco USA DAy 2 FD

Dingping, I like people to put me on the pocket list because I have yet to figure out how to do it myself. Someone told me how but I couldn’t make it work! LOL

Second post, I had a few minutes and decided to check in

@ccco to add yourself to the pocket list; copy and paste the last post with the latest list and add your name at the bottom

@lindasue good to see you, your posts are always so light and refreshing

@debster251 you are right; a couple reliable studies have shown that sugar and sugar substitutes are responsible for increasing inches around the waistline, even when weight is not affected. So that might explain your I” waistline gain

@tanjak87 I definitely agree with you about having clearer skin following this WOL.

See you all tomorrow ๐Ÿ™‚

Day2 UK CD

Delighted that I started the day with gentle adapted yoga, it set me off in just the right direction. It’s been a gentle and miraculous tho Long day, 8hours of meetings -productive, inspiring, and exhausting

Brought in lots of fruit, was kindly given an egg sandwich at lunchtime and just succumbed to a gf caramel bar. That’s what comes of sharing my fruit and leaving my lunch at home!

I’ve loads of notes to respond to people, but so hard on my phone especially as it’s now nearly flat! Second post when I get home later.

Go well, good people x

Day 2 NFD. Yesterday’s FD went well. Two plates of fresh spinach and veggies, a few olives and feta cheese, and my morning coffee w/cream…of course.

Have a wonderful day!

Day 2 – Atlanta, GA, USA – FD
    Day 1 – NFD

Adding myself to the pocket list:-

@dingping
    @toddybear
    @abop
    @onlyhermes
    @annemarilyn
    @ccco
    @mishty

@ccco – i added you to the pocket list for today

Day 2 – Montevideo, Uruguay – FD

Hello everyone! I’m Paula, but please call me Pau, and I’m from Uruguay, a country you probably don’t know about unless you like football! I’m 25 and I had a lot of fluctuations on my weight on the last year. I’d really like to lose some weight and I hate the typical diets with all that calories restriction, I found more difficult to stop eating once I start than just not eating for a while. So I think this form of eating could be ideal for me.
    It’s my first time on IF, and I will try 4-3. I’d love to lose 10 kg, and of course I’d love to do it fast, but I know it’s healthier to do it slowly! So, I think that my goal for this month is to lose around 0.5 kg p/week.
    I dance 3 days a week about 3 hours each. Today I have a ballet class and I’m a little worried about taking it without eating all day, but let’s see what happens and how I feel! If I notice I can’t do it, I will change my FD so it won’t fall on my dance days.

I’m really sorry for my bad english, my mother language is actually Spanish so…

See you!

Day 1 – FD
    Day 2 – NFD

I will spare you all the long post by posting 2-3 separate ones and feel free to skim over…I missed yesterday’s login due to a 12 hour work commitment and did not get home until 9pm after my car broke down (for the 3rd time) on the way home. Fortunately, was able to call a friend and she went into gear, got me picked up, towed and they loaned me their car as they were going away and did not need it for a few days. Is that a friend or what?

So yesterday was an unplanned FD.

@snowflake56, loved your quote “Just enough fat to look good”. @Strawberriesandcream, sorry for the confusion over my post about my weight loss in April; as you can see, math is not my forte, lol. @missybear, well done! Great plan! @mia139, impressive loss in April – 6.16 lbs! And how exciting to be expecting 1st grandchild! @dingping, Ay, matey, loved your nautical theme! Like you, I was hoping 5:2 would lower my BP…my issue is the systolic being high, not diastolic. I have been having stressful times since last year and suspect this may be adding to the increase of points, but without 5:2 and the weight loss, I think it would be much higher.

Day 2 – USA – NFD

Second post: @ktcaroline, just FYI, I was consuming 2L 7 times a week at one point and drastically cut down to 2L 2-3x a week. My goal is 1-2 times a week, because I really enjoy a good rich beer, and I believe it has its place in oen of life’s enjoyments, as good food is as well. So don’t feel bad; there are a lot of us who are struggling with that! Don’t remember if you were the one who mentioned about sugar cravings, but I found that a good portion daily of healthy fats drown out the craving for carbs and sugar. @borealis, great progress! @onlyhermes, I was weighing 1x a week, but I don’t have the patience, lol. Now I weigh daily, but don’t record anything but the losses. Your weight loss in April is amazing and since I retired, I’m keeping a beauty routine first time in my life! @coda, welcome back, you were missed! @debster251, love your goals! @molij, happy birthday!

Day 2 – USA – NFD

Third post: Miss me yet, lol? @shinything, same mindset! Now that I’m down to the last 9 lbs, I’m enjoying the journey even more and coasting towards maintenance. I like to think of being part of an exclusive club and I’ll put a slant on the name just to make it fancy: Club Tor-twah (Club Tortise). @mjrbcd44, congrats on your keto bread creation! Keto King on YouTube has 2 bread recipes that I have made with great flavor. Enjoy! @toddybear, welcome back! @dykask, sorry you’re having a sluggish day…with all your statistical monitoring of your activities, it seems like you could never be bored. @basyjames, your writing is eloquent and your gentle soul shines through! @diana123, thinking of you and your family today with the hope that he will recover.

Day 2 – USA – NFD

Fourth post – promise I won’t write again today, lol, but had to give a shout-out to @songbirdme – happy birthday!

Day 2 – Kent NFD

Thank you to everyone for their advice I will do Tuesday and Thursdays as they are my work days. Not a great day today pizza and a doughnut! Husband away tomorrow for a few days so will find it easier to stick to when I’m on my own!

I have worked out my TDEE for the weight I want to be which is 1660 cals so I’m trying to stick to that on my NFD (thank you for the advice).

Hope you all had a good day ๐Ÿ˜Š

Day 2, UK, NFD

Its been one fine day food wise, I kept busy so I’m well under my TDEE at the moment. I’m sure that will change with few nuts I intend to have ๐Ÿ˜‰

@songbirdme Happy 70th Birthday! ๐ŸŽ‚

@rainbowsmile sorry to hear you are not well, feel better soon ๐Ÿค—

@dingping I was adding everyone who put FD in their post last month, the list is just to give us a boost when we see how many people around the world are doing the same thing together ๐Ÿ™‚

@cutegirl365 we all had small, unexplained, unexpected gains sometimes, our bodies are funny things sometimes. Don’t let that dishearten you, just keep going and it will happen ๐Ÿ™‚

@lindasue its good to see you here posting after such a long time in maintenance, its an inspiration to all ๐Ÿ’

@sarahbob you can do it! Keep going and stay with us, you will perk up ๐Ÿ™‚

Hello and welcome all newcomers, and good luck ๐Ÿ˜€ , feel free to add yourselves to our spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CNb1go2njG3xEQlkqcLwVYnkcptzymGD06Jw0kb9aJI/edit#gid=1420570971
    Check the OP as well for some useful tips ๐Ÿ™‚

@metatauta I’m going to make a list of CT (Club Tortoise) members one day ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿข

Have a good day/evening everyone ๐Ÿ˜Š

Me again – had a chance to read back a bit and wanted to send my most sincere best wishes to you, diana123, and your entire family – prayers have gone up on your behalf.

Hope you are feeling better, rainbowsmile

Thanks for the nice hellos! I have always said that this is the most supportive and least judgmental place on Earth – filled with the nicest, smartest people around the Globe (but you Brits sure have some funny names for your food, haha)

Still Day 2 –

@paucesio – welcome from Uruguay! There are others on this forum whose 1st language is not English. Not a problem. It’s an opportunity to practice English. When I was growing up we had English & German at home, then French at school (I’m Canadian), and later Spanish came into my life as I lived in Spain a couple of years. I think you’re the first one joining us from Uruguay. You will enjoy this helpful, caring international community!

@metatauta – I appreciate your posts. Reading your communications over the months, I see an evolution. Perhaps, you’re blooming or being more yourself. I know you’ve gone through some tough relationship stuff during this time. I remember for myself, after I came out of a verbally and emotionally abusive marriage, some people told me it was good to see the real Marilyn back again.,, Back to food, I will check out the Keto King bread recipes.

Day 2 Second Post

FINALLY home after ridiculously long day in town. Productive, helpful, and projects set up make good progress for the next wee while, but v weary indeed! OK back to reading my notes from earlier…

Wonderful to see so many of us gathered here, looks like a really strong group already. I’m going to break this v long post down or you’ll all get lost in it ๐Ÿ™‚

WELCOME
    @treasure quilt welcome! @mogaman welcome back! sorry you’ve got bumped off the spreadsheet @borealis will be happy to add you both ๐Ÿ™‚
    @tanjak87 welcome to the forum & the May Challenge! Really glad you’ve got your FDs off to a good start ๐Ÿ™‚
    @paucesio welcome! my beloved Godfather was a priest in Montevideo (before he came back to be a priest in Cornwall, home of @cornish-jane) I’ve heard lots of stories and seen pictures of all sorts of people and sights of your lovely city – and your English is great!
    @jaifam @lindasue @toddybear welcome to May! hope you have a great month

QUESTIONS
    @cutegirl365 there’s TDEE on this site, found up on the right via the tracker
    @dkdietplan 1200 calories is fine
    @diwantsthin 5:2 works on what we eat during the 24 hour period from one morning to the next, rather than being a daily calorie-restricted diet in the sense of the weight watchers programme

Might be helpful to clarify how 5:2 works – maybe have a look at the FAQs and at https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

CHATTY STUFF
    @diana123 continuing to think of you & your brother
    @cornish-jane empathy re recipe disasters – I had to bin a whole cake last month when my guess at which vegan egg substitute to use didn’t work at all ๐Ÿ™
    @flourbaby thank you for the reminder about magnesium oil and sleep, and the recipe. Can only imagine what that sleep must have felt like! My flakes arrived while I was out today so I’ll be on it tomorrow.
    @dingpin empathy, but you’ve got this! I also add people to the pocket list if i notice they’re not on it & i’ve got time – it’s one less job for the host, and makes us more like family ๐Ÿ™‚ but there are probably enough of us picking up & adding people that it doesn’t matter if you don’t!
    @basyjames i love your gentle approach, and so glad it’s paying off
    @rainbowsmile bladder infections are awful, hope you feel better very soon
    @metatauta great idea to break it down – thanks for modeling clear posts ๐Ÿ™‚

@songbirdme a very Happy 70th Birthday to you! now imagine the whole May challenge singing Happy Birthday to you – that’s it!

Day 2 Second Post

FINALLY home after ridiculously long day in town – out of the house for 14 hours ๐Ÿ™ Productive, helpful, and projects are set up to make good progress for the next month or so,but goodness!

Great to see so many of us gathered here, looks like a really strong group already. I’m going to break this v long post down or you’ll never find your way out ๐Ÿ˜€

WELCOME
    @treasure quilt welcome! @mogaman welcome back! sorry you’ve got bumped off the spreadsheet @borealis will be happy to add you both ๐Ÿ™‚
    @tanjak87 welcome to the forum & the May Challenge! Really glad you’ve got your FDs off to a good start ๐Ÿ™‚
    @paucesio welcome! my beloved Godfather was a priest in Montevideo (before he came back to be a priest in Cornwall, home of @cornish-jane) I’ve heard lots of stories and seen pictures of all sorts of people and sights of your lovely city – and your English is great!
    @jaifam @lindasue @toddybear welcome to May! hope you have a great month

QUESTIONS
    @cutegirl365 there’s TDEE on this site, found up on the right via the tracker
    @dkdietplan 1200 calories is fine
    @diwantsthin 5:2 works on what we eat during the 24 hour period from one morning to the next, rather than being a daily calorie-restricted diet in the sense of the weight watchers programme
    Might be helpful to clarify how 5:2 works – maybe have a look at the FAQs and at https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

SOCIAL STUFF

@cornish-jane empathy re recipe disasters – I had to bin a whole cake last month when my guess at which vegan egg substitute to use didn’t work at all ๐Ÿ™
    @flourbaby thank you for the reminder about magnesium oil and sleep, and the recipe. Can only imagine what that sleep must have felt like! My flakes arrived while I was out today so I’ll be on it tomorrow.
    @dingpin empathy, but you’ve got this! I also add people to the pocket list if i notice they’re not on it & i’ve got time – it’s one less job for the host, and makes us more like family ๐Ÿ™‚ but there are probably enough of us picking up & adding people that it doesn’t matter if you don’t!
    @basyjames i love your gentle approach, and so glad it’s paying off
    @rainbowsmile bladder infections are awful, hope you feel better very soon
    @metatauta great idea to break it down – thanks for modeling clear posts ๐Ÿ™‚
    @songbirdme a very Happy 70th Birthday to you! now imagine the whole May challenge singing Happy Birthday to you – that’s it!
    @diana123 continuing to think of you & your brother at this really difficult time x

Day 3 country West Australia CD
    Day 1 NFD
    Day 2 good FD though it was a very cold day late autumn day and I was starving. Managed to keep the hunger dragons at bay with homemade tomato soup and 2 coffees.
    Hoping for a well controlled day today – though it is still cold.
    I find 5:2 easier in the warmer months.
    It was about this time last year that things started going a bit AWOL for me.
    Looking forward to a much better effort from myself this year.

Day 3 – Japan – FD 83.6kg

By the time I took my morning shower I was down to 81.2kg. I had a fiber loaded supper last night. I did 15 100m sprints with slow running in-between for just over 6km this morning. That knocked the weight down. I decided to not do pushups this time as my legs can afford the possible muscle loss.

Normally I fast on Fridays but this week is going to be different. Anyway if I make it this will be my 30th water fast this year.

ccci Day 2 FD

Well, today turned into a NFD instead ending around my TDEE. That’s not too bad. Tomorrow I will fast again and this time make it to the end. My evenings are turning into my downfall. This is something new that needs to be nipped at the bud! Hope you all had a great day! I will get back to responding to emails as soon as I can! ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 3 – UK (last day in Australia!) NFD

Well the holiday is coming to an end – flying out this evening at 6pm heading back home after a brilliant month visiting family and friends in Melbourne, Echuca, Gold Coast, Sydney and Cairns/Port Douglas ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Today is overcast and cool – obviously preparing me for my return to Cumbria๐Ÿคฃ

Weight this morning is 1kg more than when I left the UK but still 1kg below the top of my maintenance range – Only 2 FD for the month of April but lots of CD as well as several Feast Days and I have to admit it Pocket Winos way too much of the ๐Ÿท๐Ÿฅ‚which has been a daily occurrence……..MUST get back to my 3-4 dry days each week…….maybe I’ll start that next week……..
    I LOVE LOVE this WOL – before finding it I would normally be heading back home at least 1/2 stone heavier after a month’s holiday – My January visit and now my April visit have caused no weight gain and I have never felt deprived but did feel that I was in CONTROL ๐Ÿ’ƒ

@diana123 – so pleased that the advice worked and what a great loss – 20lbs in 3 1/2 months – Positive thoughts to your brother, you and the family during these very difficult times ๐Ÿค—
    @snowflake56 – you inspired me in how you coped with what life has thrown at you and how positive you are – I assume the “S” issues are under control and how is retirement going? did it all go to plan?? Did your OH pick up some nephrology work adhoc? Hoping all is well with you xx

Sorry not enough time to read the posts and comment as I have to start packing and sorting things out for my flight this afternoon – despite having had a brilliant time here it will be so good to be back home!!!

For anyone struggling at the moment remember โ€œA bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breakingโ€ฆโ€ฆ.because her trust is not in the branch but in her own wingsโ€ฆโ€ฆBELIEVE IN YOURSELF

Hello everyone! I hope it’s not too late to join this challenge. Please let me know if so!

I’m a 30 year old American living in the Pacific Islands working in women’s rights. I’ve struggled with my weight for years and have done some 5:2 over the last few months with success. I’m currently down about 15 pounds from 230 to 215. My goal ultimate goal is 160 lbs.

My goal for the month is to be consistent, lose 2lb/week and go to the gym or hike at least three days a week!

I have two months left in the Pacific before heading back to New York and I want them to be successful!

Thanks for letting me join in this journey together. ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 2 NFD Oregon USA

Well @metauta my keto bread was absolutely awful.I followed a recipe but substituted hemp proteun for whey protein….umm just no. Will try again this weekend.
    Three days in and despite a slight headache am doing well sticking to plan. Helps to know I can eat cheese if I want to. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    And low carb light beer…
    Will be very interested to see what scale says on Friday.

@diana123 so very sorry about your brother.
    @songbirdme–a very happy birthday!!
    @debster251 good strength on your caravan.
    @flourbaby–how are you doing this first week of May. Biding your time for wine?

Hoping everyone has a great day tomorrow.

Pocket fast list for Thursday
    @mjrbcd44

Day 3, Cornwall UK, FD

Trying to figure out how to measure my waist. It sounds very simple BUT. If I measure round my bellybutton there is a 5cm difference compared to measuring just under my ribs! Any suggestions out there? As I am using the waist-should-be-less-than-half-my-height as one of my targets, I don’t want to be deluding myself.

We have a Roseland Festival on here at the moment and I’m off to an afternoon of learning about cuttings – growing plants. I do lots of lavender cuttings which are really easy but want to do a wider range of plants. The sun is shining,๐ŸŒž I’m going with a couple of new yoga buddies, but its a fast day and I have to resist a Cornish Cream Tea – is that possible?!

For the unlucky ones out there never to have tried a cream tea, its scones, butter, jam, then clotted cream, plus a cup of tea. A very long way off the plant-based-mediterranean-diet I have chosen to follow!

Day 3 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – FD

Super busy in work yesterday, had to work a few hours extra getting ready for a new growing salad launch with Lidl. Exciting times. I love it! Here I am working in my second career of horticulture and yet my previous corporate skills in Supply Chain and logistics are coming in so handy now. I do believe the Universe is looking out for me and has guided me to this new path โ˜บ๏ธ

Anyway, good NFD yesterday and no blips to report. There were cool beers in the fridge that I momentarily thought about, but then went “nah” and cracked on making some kefir and oat bran bread.

@flourbaby I used your magnesium oil tip on the soles of my feet at bed time and slept so well the alarm woke me! I am usually awake before it, the lark that I am ๐Ÿ˜†

Out on my morning walk and I see that finally we have full blossom on the local trees in the village. From my visit to Manchester last weekend I reckon we are about a week behind…isn’t it amazing how Spring slowly reaches around the globe? It’s the last post here now until Canada ๐Ÿ˜„

@paucesio Welcome! I was excited to read you are from Uruguay……not that I have ever been but we have been planning a trip to South America for DH’s 50th birthday next year and a visit to Uruguay was mooted. โ˜บ๏ธ This is such a great international forum.

Setting up Pocket Fast list for Day 3 – Together we are stronger…….
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 1,075 total)

You must be logged in to reply.