MAY 2018 – MONTHLY CHALLENGE

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
MAY 2018 – MONTHLY CHALLENGE

This topic contains 1,073 replies, has 83 voices, and was last updated by  abop 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 1,075 total)

• Day 3, Guildford UK, CFD

Feeling a little better today. Thank you for the health thoughts. Antibiotics kicked in so back to freedom.

Lots of water into the System!

@dingping I run my day for exercise and for fasting from 6 pm one day to 5 59 the following day, although my fitbit is calender based I set it to USA time. This allows me to flex a little more. I can gym from 4:30 to 7 and cover two days. CFD for me is less than 1200 calories. I can do two CFD back to back but have two big meals, for instance Xmas day, providing I fast around it. MFD is modified fast day at 800 CalS. FD is 500 Cals. WFD is water fast day (includes black coffee, marigold hot drink, herbal tea and zero drinks). B2B is back to back FD. My routine is one 4b2b per quarter used to be per month. I do 3 CFD per week and at least one MFD and one FD per week. Also 6 days of exercise. My TDEE is 1700 Cals. My week days flex every week so it’s not set days. I try to get the fast days over the weekend as I am busier and less inclined to eat. I dance and don’t like to dance on a full tum.

I also allow myself one feast day a month (unlimited calories) and I allow myself to ‘bank’ feast days in advance for my holiday. This covers weddings, birthdays, hen do, office parties, celebrations etc and usually I don’t go over my TDEE. But it allows me if I want to do so. By having my day staring late it allows me to flex more easily, as not eating from say 9 pm one day until 6 the next can be tough if I had alcohol the day before. I also make unfiltered chicken bone broth twice a month in my slow cooker. And I eat liver, sardines and other oily fish once a week (not together!). And I use coconut oil for almost anything, including hair conditioner.

Hope that helps.

@songbirdme belated happy birthday.

Mari

Day 3 – UK – Reading FD

A good CD yesterday, with a small loss. Sunshine today so going for a FD. OH is in London, which normally means he wants a curry on the way back. We shall see. Onwards and downwards Fasters …

Day 3, Cornwall UK, FD

@flourbaby and @daffodil2010 – I’ve been reading about your results with Magnesium Oil and I will go out and buy some! Thanks for the tip. Carbs and marmite tea help with sleep but I could still do with some extra help. I am getting better at training myself to go back to sleep if I wake in the middle of the night – something I started doing when I had my son. I never quite trained myself out of keeping that listening ear open during the night.

Day 3. Belfast FD

Two sugar free days under my belt and feeling much more motivated than I have all year. It’s hard to get motivated to lose those last few pounds.

@metatauta – I’m delighted at the upgrading of my membership to such an exclusive club! Club Tor-Twah indeed!
    Thank you for that @basyjames. I’m gritting my teeth and digging in!
    Feel better soon @rainbowsmile xo
    @Safe journey home @at
    It’s funny @at how a change in career direction happens. I was made redundant from my job (selling welding equipment of all things) when I was nine months pregnant with my second son. I retrained as a teacher a couple of years later and spent 22 very happy years in two schools. It was the best thing that every happened to me!

I’m going to check out those Keto bread recipes next week.

Have a good day everyone

I didn’t come this far to only come this far

Day 3, London, UK, FD (3rd of B2B2B)

I was just catching up on posts, thinking I hope people start putting their location in, I like to know where everyone is (Don’t panic, no stalking here!!) ……………………………. And there it was, a Hello from Uruguay …………………..Welcome @paucesio, The international flavour of our forum-soup just keeps getting better and better!!!!!! Don’t worry about dancing whilst fasting, you’ll surprise yourself, I completed a boxing class last night in a ‘fasted state’ and I had energy to spare!!! Also, your English is 100x better than my Spanish!!!

I think we seem to be missing a bit of testosterone recently – @steve toon taxi driver and @bigviking have gone AWOL!!!! Where are you guys???? So @dykask, you’re in a class of your own for the moment!!!!

Just caught another new location ………………… the Pacific islands!!! Welcome @azh2016, it’s never too late to join us, our host this month, @michelinme has written a fantastic 1st post which will give you all the info you need regarding the challenge and there’s lots of info on this site to help you on your journey, including simcoeluv’s very helpful post……………….

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

@mjrbcd, actually I’m a little anxious!!! Will I be able to have a glass or 2 or will it descend into an entire bottle? Do I really want it/ need it??? I really need to see how I feel and take note of the before & after (if there is an after!!) Just writing this, I’m thinking I could murder a lovely shiraz ……………………… it’s 9am, by the way!!!!!! Alcohol problem, anybody???? Glad to see you’re hanging in here at ‘club tortoise’, if this was a race, we would win ……………. Eventually!!!!!

@cornish-jane, you’re a better woman than me, for myself the answer to the question you posed ………………………………….” I have to resist a Cornish Cream Tea – is that possible?!” …………………… Hmmm? ……………………NO!!!!

@daffodil2010, way to go with the MO…………………. You may find you start to shed any dead hard skin from your hands & feet too, not particularly attractive, but you’ll be ready for sandal weather ……………..when it finally arrives!!

Stay strong everyone & remember …. “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” – Beverly Sills

Day 3, Amsterdam FD

Fasting today – have had some kefir with grapefruit (82 cal in total) to start the day as I woke up STARVING. Usually I would not eat until mid afternoon but couldn’t stand the idea of being so hungry!

Have a great day everyone.

Pocket list for Day 3:
    @catch87

Day 3 London FD

That magnesium oil is amazing. I sprayed a bit on my feet last night and it knocked me out. I wonder why it works like that? Anyway, thanks for the tip.
    Hello to the newbies, and hello everybody else around the world. Happy Thursday. H

Day 3 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

I keep forgetting to drink enough water. I must get back into the habit of 2 litres a day…..starting today!

Good luck to my fellow Thursday fasters 🙂

Day 3 UK FD

I usually fast on a Friday but have a couple of commitments the next few weeks so I am switching to a Thursday.

I did a 5k run last night and it really helped to lift my mood. I’ve woken up all happy and bouncy today and the sun is shining!! 😁

I plan on getting my 10,000 steps & doing some rowing today.

Sending positive vibes to everyone.

I’ve added a few people and myself to today’s pocket list. Sorry if I’ve missed anyone:

@daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @cornish-jane
    @debster251
    @flourbaby
    @catch87
    @EmmaTaylor
    @missybear
    @sarahbob

Day 3 – Iceland – NFD

@onlyhermes – congratulations on amazing April results! This must be some kind of a record! You are an inspiration! 🏆👏
    @cutegirl365 – I had also tried everything (to no avail) before starting this diet in Nov last year. Since then lost 21kgs, so I can confirm that this WOL works! Don’t give up just yet!
    @flourbaby – your post really sums it up, must remember this too! “The relief of completing a challenge month does lead to that holiday feeling the 1st week of the new month”
    Hope you both had a wonderful birthday @songbirdme @molij 🎂🎈💐
    @cornish-jane – the Cornish Cream tea sounds amazing! I love scones+clotted cream😋

Have a great day everyone!

Day 3, UK, FD

Woke up earlier than usual today, which is no good on a FD, more hours to go thinking about food. Still, I intend to stay strong. Going to have some chickpeas today, don’t usually have them but really should since they are very nutritious 🙂

@azh2016 welcome 🙂 , its never too late to join these challenges. You’ve come to the right place, this forum is so supportive and easy going 😀

I also wonder where are our male friends, @bigviking, @steve toon taxi driver I hope you guys are ok 🙂

Have a great day everyone 😊

Day 3, Emden Germany, FD

@paucesio hi, I visited Montevideo back in 2000, it’s a beautiful town, I loved the architecture. I’m Dutch, I often really struggle with the English language, just can’t find the right words, but it is as it is. Don’t worry,everyone on this thread is very nice, so just say whatever you have to say.

@rainbowsmile just flush it out!

@at I’m doing very well,the last time I had problems was in January. We still don’t know what triggers the problems so as soon as it started we did an ECG, took blood samples, put on everything for a 24 hour EKG and 24 hour BP and started the medication. We didn’t find anything, as always. There are still several words I have problems with, but it doesn’t bother me. Retirement is just great, we are so relaxed now. DH is back to nephrology since March, he’s happy to be back there and works 6-8 day a month, so that’s fine. Have a safe flight! xxx

Pocket list for 3rd of May

@daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @floridafun
    @mjrbcd44
    @cornish-jane
    @ktcaroline
    @debster251
    @flourbaby
    @catch87
    @emma taylor
    @missybear
    @sarahbob
    @shinything
    @snowflake56

Have nice day everyone!

Day 3, Newcastle UK, NFD

You may be en route already @at – wishing you a good journey home.

I’ve been a bit out of sorts since losing our lovely dog back in March. I don’t feel like I’ve been much of a positive contributor to our forum for quite a while. However, this morning, a dear friend has given me the lift I needed and I can now say I am getting my a**e back into gear.

It is my 58th birthday tomorrow – which I share with Audrey Hepburn. She was the author of some lovely quotes and this one feels very apt today.

“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”

2nd post …

I didn’t realize I was the only male this month. Probably because I’m the slowest at getting rid of my gut! Earlier I calculate if I lose 5kg of fat my body fat percentage would be around 12% and I would have a BMI of 24.7. 😀

Anyway a more realistic short term goal is making it through water fast #30 this year. However I’m already thinking about breakfast.

Hang in there and make it count!

Pocket list for 3rd of May
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @floridafun
    @mjrbcd44
    @cornish-jane
    @ktcaroline
    @debster251
    @flourbaby
    @catch87
    @emma taylor
    @missybear
    @sarahbob
    @shinything
    @snowflake56

Day 3, USA, CD

Thanks @borealis! 🙂 I think the big loss at this point is mostly because I have so much to lose. But I’m happy about it! It’s hard to remember how bad I felt just two months ago. I think my body must be so grateful that I’m no longer spending my days trying to kill myself with food.

Welcome @paucesio, it’s great to have you here.

Happy birthday @Strawberriesandcream!

Have a great day everyone!

Day 3, Surrey (UK), NFD, Fast Exercise day
    Day 2, NFD, rest day
    Day 1, FD, 6 mile valley walk.

Recently returned from a short walking holiday in our beautiful Lake District. Funny to think the weather was awful down in Surrey, whereas hubby and I enjoyed glorious clear days, climbing peaks up to 800m high! So, got my exercise in the most enjoyable way!

Not sure what to state as my target for May, weight-wise. I’m currently 165lb (same as end of April), and ideally I’d like to shift another 4lb this month, to bring my BMI below 25 (it is currently 25.5). However, we’ll be going on holiday next week for 2 weeks, which will make it tricky to stay ‘on the rails’. I will carry on with the usual 5:2 WOE as much as is possible, but will have to make allowances here and there. If I’m the same weight at the end of this month, then I’ll accept that. Another loss would be nice though…

As @debster251 says, “I didn’t come this far to only come this far”, so I will keep on keeping on!

Good luck to everyone out there, whether fasting or not today.

Day 3……Florida……CD

Morning all…… sorry I’ve been MIA for a bit……It’s been crazy!
    But I just wanted to touch base with you all and let you know I’m still here with you all but I won’t be posting much as I have finally made it to vacation. Tonight, I’ll be headed home to NY for a week.
    Where I’m staying has no internet service unless I head into town. I’ll try and touch base when I can and give you the low down….

If someone could update my portion of the spread sheet for me, I would appreciate it as I can access that on my tablet. I started this month at 131, my goal is to get back to my lowest weight in April of 127lb.
    From the first until the 10th it will be all NFD unless I pull a FD out of my hat this week! Of which is not terribly impossible or improbable.

Thanks everyone for your support and understanding, I will definitely get my crap together soon!

Done! @bert1802 – have a great holiday and enjoy NY!

Day 3 FD. Auckland NZ

It’s the end of the day. I’m sitting in front of the fire reading all the amazing posts from everyone before disappearing off to bed.

Stay strong one and all!

Day 3 – Adelaide South Australia – FD

A couple of people suggested I nominate a goal weight for this month so I nominate 69kg. I’m currently 71kg with a waist measurement of 90cm and BMI of 25 and am 167cm tall. I’m assuming I’ll lose about 500g per week which is totally fine with me as long it’s going down. It’s been really interesting reading all the posts and different life stages and challenges people are going through. What a supportive community!

My experience with dieting is limited to one other diet – the Australian CSIRO Total Wellbeing diet. It worked but was a lot of effort everyday and I couldn’t keep it up long term. I’m at the end of my second FD for the third week today and I’m hoping I will have gone down to 70.5 when I weigh in tomorrow. I’m finding making special meals for only 2 days per week to be much easier than an every day diet and am already being influenced about how much I eat on NFD (I’ve decided to skip breakfast every day during the week and do FD on Mon and Wed). I’ve always been a person who loves breakfast but actually finding it pretty easy to miss on a busy work day when I’m up very early and rushing around to get ready for work and my daughter ready for school.

On my FD ive been having a skim flat white coffee about 9.30 then lunch about 1pm and dinner when I get home about 7pm. This seems to be working for me – my FD calories are about 700 – 800 (about 2500 – 3000kj

Day 3 Stevensville Maryland USA CFD

Today will be my first FD this week. Going for maintenance, I have decided to do 16:8 CD’s every day of the week and FD on Thursday. So far no weight gain. We will see if this will work for me.

Have a great Thursday everyone, no change on by brother today. 🙁

Day 3 UK FD

Loads to process and fit in so I can have a rest day tomorrow – the irony! A friend is coming to see the garden with the possibility of planning some serious tidying up, so unexpected tea time guest too.

It’s my main shopping day for the week & I@m mindful of the warmer weather – going to be around 20C-22C for at least a week so I’m planning for salads & lots of water. And yet another clearout of the wardrobe as I juggle 3 sizes of clothes and ever-changing “in between” weather!

Hoping that Future Me is going to be glad that I pushed myself today. I need to understand what’s on my plate – literally and metaphorically! – soI know how to handle it. Clearing the clutter and planning ahead makes it easier to see what’s important and do it, to make better choices and to live more fully in the present.

@azh2016 welcome to the May challenge! It’s never too late to join 🙂 Your job sounds amazing – good luck with the transition back to the US

@at wishing you safe & happy travels I visited the Gold Coast, Sydney & Port Douglas for a month weeks back in 97 and have wonderful memories of trekking through Daintree, snorkelling, learning to dive, sitting and watching the sea for hours. What an amazing place!

@debster job stuff sounds great – and great job with resisting temptation 🙂

@cornish-jane i usually measure above the belly button and below the ribs, where i would put a skirt or belt. I read some guidance somewhere that said ” about 5cm above your natural waist” – whatever that means! And YES to Cornish cream tea – Best Thing Ever 😀

@flourbaby “we would win eventually” made me choke on my coffee!

@strawberriesandcream lovely to have you back. Wonderful Audrey Hepburn quote, thank you. Wishing you a very happy birthday for tomorrow!

@fatfingers good to hear from you

@bert1802 Well done, and happy holidays!

Fasting pocket list for Day 3 – thanks @sarahbob for putting us together 🙂

@dykask
    @floridafun
    @mjrbcd44
    @daffodil2010
    @ktcaroline
    @cornish-jane
    @debster251
    @flourbaby
    @catch87
    @emma taylor
    @missybear
    @sarahbob
    @shinything
    @snowflake56
    @michelinme

Day 3 NFD
    So, done my 2 fast days for this week and decided to switch my habits around a wee bit. Last time I tried this WoL, I went as long as I could through the day on just water and green tea, then had my salad or stir fry in the evening after work. This time, I’m having the meal of the day at lunchtime, and a kefir smoothie when I get home from work. So far, that seems to work better, and I don’t want to kill people on the commute home (well, any more than I usually do!!)

Day 3 – Dubai – NFD

Just checking in.

“Three months from now, you’ll thank yourself.”

Day 3 North canton OH FD
    @metatauta thank you for the kind words, I so appreciate it
    @paucesio welcome! And not sure why you apologized, your English is great  I love this group and I am sure you will too thank you for joining us
    @dykask I always appreciate your posts, 30th water fast of the year? You go!!
    @at happy travels, can’t wait to hear all your stories post vacay
    @azh2016 welocme and not too late to join, it’s a pleasure to welcome you to the group
    I plan to pick up some Magnesium oil today, my daughter has issue with insomnia and I have heard enough on here to convince me to give it a try
    @rainbowsmile thanks for breaking it down like you did
    @rhubarbbutnocustard ha ha, yep don’t want to kill someone because you are fasting. Had a really bad fight with hubby when I tried the one week water fast; my tolerance level for bs of any kind was a big fat zero

Pocket list here we go
    @dykask
    @floridafun
    @mjrbcd44
    @daffodil2010
    @ktcaroline
    @cornish-jane
    @debster251
    @flourbaby
    @catch87
    @emmataylor
    @missybear
    @sarahbob
    @shinything
    @snowflake56
    @michelinme
    @merryapple
    @diana123
    @malteserhead
    @molij

Make it count every one.

Day 3, Gozo, Malta, cd

Happy belated birthday wishes to you Songbirdme. I’m not catching up with all posts.

My youngest daughter is two months pregnant with her second child and I’m trying to cook what she likes most.

I’m having a cd today. Today I weighed at 67.5 kilos it seems I had a whoosh since yesterday I was 68.9 kilos a total loss of 1.4 kilos. However yesterday I also had loose bowels in the morning and felt a tummy ache in the evening but otherwise I was and I am good as of this morning. I had about 700 calories in crackers and banana and some olives yesterday but missed out going to mass as I wasn’t that well though I babysat my youngest granddaughter during the morning.

Have a great day everyone. Keep up the good work!

Day 3…NSW Australia…NFD
    Hi everyone, just checking in!
    I also find magnesium oil helpful for sleep!
    Enjoy whatever you are getting up to and bye for now!

ccco USA Day 3 FD

Just checking in before my golf game. I will return later and read and respond to all these lovely inspiring posts. I did not succeed with yesterday’s FD but today is another day! Have a great and beautiful day today! 🙂

Day 3. Wisconsin, USA

FD. Looking forward to a productive day. 15 minute Kettle Bell work out this morning with fitness blenders. Will get my 10K steps. Have figured out a routine for getting there that includes a 2.5 mile walk with coworkers at lunch for the past 2 years.

I am 46-years old, and as my hormones have changed, I no longer sleep well. Not sleeping well has killed my morning workouts. I prioritize sleep over exercise. So, if I’ve been up a lot in the night, I force myself to go back to sleep in the wee hours to get the little sleep I can, which means I wake up at the last minute possible with just enough time to get out of the door for work.

This is a new phenomenon. My whole life I have been an early riser, and working out first thing was my habit. I shut off in the evening, so working out at that time sounds atrocious to me.

All this to say, I am experimenting with eliminating my morning coffee (drinking decaf). I think my hormonal shift has made me more sensitive to caffeine? So far, this seems to be improving my sleep at night, which is key to getting my morning work out in. Even the short workouts make me feel better and stronger.

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!

Day 3 – SW WA USA – NFD

Made it through 3 liquid FDs. Still haven’t broken the fast. Almost at 80 hours. Giving myself permission to eat when I need to. The scale finally went below 200 again, coming in at 199.8 lbs this morning; down 5 lbs since Monday. Now to keep the momentum.

@rainbowsmile – where do you get your chicken bones for your bone broth?
    @debster251 – Yes, I didn’t come this far to only come this far! I’m definitely part of the tortoise club so will eventually win!
    @cornish-jane – that Cornish Cream Tea sounds tasty…decisions…decisions. It makes me think of a couple of retirement functions later this month that I’m part of because of my upcoming retirement. I’m already thinking – what will I eat. I’ve been heading more to the LCHF/Keto.
    @merryapple – you’re off to bed and we’re just getting going on our side of the world

Together we are stronger whether it’s night or day!

Day 3 – Kent, UK FD

Not had any food today as yet just water, but I don’t have much appetite as I am not feeling well.

@rainbowsmile I am feeling your pain today, hope you are feeling better.

Hope your all having a good day!

Day 3 USA (Utah visiting) NFD

Many thanks to all for the birthday greetings and kind words! So far, being 70 just sounds old, but I really still feel abut 55, so yeah for that. People tell me I look much younger, too, so that is really nice. Had a lovely swordfish dinner at DD’s fiancé’s house, but we’re going out to celebrate tonight at a nice restaurant.

@coda – yes, son and I do share a wonderful May birthday!
    @bert1802 – good to see you back again. You’re doing wonderfully.
    @basyjames – I can get intolerant for BS after only ONE FD! You are to be commended.
    @ccco – I admire anyone who can hit a little white ball around a course. Enjoy the new-found spring weather in the Midwest.
    @edzeko – I live in northern IL about 20 miles south of Monroe, WI. Hope you’re able to sort out your change in being morning/evening person. Sleeping a decent amount is really important, yes.
    @fatfingers – we are almost twins. My BMI is just at 25 in my 160# maintenance. At 70, not being too skinny is fine so those nasty age wrinkles look more puffed out!

Onward and downward.

Hi! I have just joined. I am 47 and the heaviest I have ever been at 16st 8 😭😭. I started the 5:2 on Monday and am on my second FD today. So far so good. I would like to join the may challenge to keep me motivated please!

Hello all – day 3 in NI and its a healthy eating day

Hi everyone! I am in for the month of May! I’m in North Carolina in the US and this is my 10th week of doing 5:2. I’m 50 and starting to bump against menopause, so it was time to do something about the weight that has crept up over the past 7 years. I started at 145 lbs back in February and I’d like to ultimately get to 125 Lbs.

My start was a little bumpy: my weight is super erratic each day and I have lots of drops and lots of bumps. But slowly, if I only chart my Monday morning weight, the needle is moving in the right direction, albeit slowly (.5 lbs per week). I rotate from 5:2 to 4:3 depending on what’s coming up on my calendar. I’d love to do more 4:3 weeks, but 3 days can get a little daunting some weeks. I try to eat a Keto-ish diet on NFDs (carb conscious, no sugar, lots of fat, but lots of veggies too). I’m really encouraged to stick with it. This WOL fits easier into my life than anything I have ever tried and I can see doing at least 1 day a week forever.

I’m very excited about this May challenge! I have tons of social events coming up this month and I’m hoping this will keep me in line :p My starting weight on May 1 was 133.2 (but it was after a 36 hr fast so I’m sure the real weight is closer to 135lb).

My goals for this month are to get to 130 lbs, walk every single day for 30 minutes, do strength training 3 times a week each and every week, and enjoy my social events every weekend but focus on the social part more than on the food (“Chill and take a deep breath. This is not the last time in my life I will have a chance to eat a cheesecake or chocolate mouse.” is going to be my mantra this month lol)

So today is Day 3 – FD – 135.8 lbs

Day 3 3rd post

Somehow i managed to have a friend to tea nd only feed her tea, which has to be a good thing on a FD! Now feeling pretty hungry and looking forward to my cauliflower & sprout curry for supper 🙂

@annemarilyn congratulations on your momentous achievement!

@emma1202 @wixvix welcome to the May Challenge! Hope you find it as helpful and supportive as as I have. There’s an outline of how it works here
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/may-2018-monthly-challenge-2/

and you may like to use the spreadsheet to keep track of goals, FD etc here
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CNb1go2njG3xEQlkqcLwVYnkcptzymGD06Jw0kb9aJI/edit#gid=1420570971

2nd post / Day 3

OMG @flourbaby. Thanks for telling me about the dry dead skin on hands and feet from magnesium oil working it’s magic. I HAD noticed it from last week and was actually concerned with how dry my skin had got! I thought it was something to do with all the water in work on my hands and for my feet I thought maybe my work boots were too “workmanlike” for my feet!

Phew 😅. Now I feel relieved and happy that the MO is taking affect. I don’t get the burning sting any more so I must be topped up at last.

Is there anything else I should watch for 😀

Day 3 – USA – NFD

@annemarilyn, I started bawling when I read your post yesterday…as with my 5:2 Club Tor-twah (Tortise) speed, I am also inching along in my progress towards a happier life and I appreciate your kind words. I have all of you in the forum, as well as many friends to thank for encouraging me when I was very down and sometimes just barely there. @emma1202, welcome to this forum – I’m a near neighbor, in Crossville, TN, (in between Nashville & Knoxville) and also doing LCHF keto-ish eating, but not very strictly. Love my beer and pizza! @mjrbcd44, I use Isopure Whey Protein…you can order it on Amazon. It has a lot of uses in keto recipes.

Day 4…NSW Australia…NFD
    It’s 7.30am Friday

Hi everyone
    Really enjoying all your posts – gives me encouragement and stimulation to be more accountable – thank you to each if you 😃
    Enjoy whatever you are getting up to and bye for now!

Day 3. South coast UK. Fd
    @songbird me – belated happy birthday and happy birthday @strawberries cream. Hope you both had great birthdays.
    2nd fast day of the week completed. Today was easier, really busy at work and going to be even busier tomorrow. Tdee tomorrow with a glass of wine counted in for the evening.
    Really enjoyed reading the posts. Have a great day tomorrow, off to bed now for early start, me and my colleagues hope to finish on time for the bank holiday weekend yay M

Second Post

Happy Birthday songbird me and strawberries and cream!

Today’s FD went well. Tomorrow will be a NFD. Hope everyone had a great day. Tomorrow I will be knocking that little white ball around again on the golf course. I love this time of year. We can get all kinds of exercise to get to our weight loss goals! Good night, everyone!

FD today. I went over my 500 limit by 66. I dont feel to bad about this. I had a great day today. Working on a watercolor painting and it is looking good.
    Hope everyone have a good evening.

Day 4 NFD Auckland

Morning all! Wow! Success breeds success! Our group must be getting a reputation ’cause it sure is expanding (and shrinking…)!

I was 83.4kg this morning. To put that in context I started out at 91.3kg on 5:2 mid January 2018 with my usual New Years resolution to do something about my weight… And I am! The first month I was living on a dairy farm and only lost 700g – there were soo many delicious temptations there. But back in the city I’ve been able to manage my food choices better.

I love the monthly challenges because I can focus on a 4 week period which allows me a bit of leeway but not too much to vary my eating patterns. I keep it simple at this stage 5:2 with FDs on Monday’s and Thursdays. On FDs I don’t eat during the day and have a light meal in the evenings trying to avoid starchy carbs. I don’t ’ count calories.

Can I just say that the most inspiring people here are those with the greatest struggles who have come out the other side. We will all hit difficult patches and what we learn is to stay with the group and just keep going. The tide will turn…

Stay strong everyone!

Day 4 NFD Auckland

Morning all! Wow! Success breeds success! Our group must be getting a reputation ’cause it sure is expanding (and shrinking…)!

I was 83.4kg this morning. To put that in context I started out at 91.3kg on 5:2 mid January 2018 with my usual New Years resolution to do something about my weight… And I am! The first month I was living on a dairy farm and only lost 700g – there were soo many delicious temptations there. But back in the city I’ve been able to manage my food choices better.

I love the monthly challenges because I can focus on a 4 week period which allows me a bit of leeway but not too much to vary my eating patterns. I keep it simple at this stage 5:2 with FDs on Monday’s and Thursdays. On FDs I don’t eat during the day and have a light meal in the evenings trying to avoid starchy carbs. I don’t count calories.

Can I just say that the most inspiring people here often are those with the greatest struggles who have come out the other side. We will all hit difficult patches and the lesson is to stay with the group and just keep going. The tide will turn…

Stay strong everyone!

Day 4 – Japan – NFD 80.1kg

LFD #30 in 2018 done. I’m 1/3 the way to my year goal. I hope every one has a good finish for their fast.

Day 3 pocket list:
    @dykask
    @floridafun
    @mjrbcd44
    @daffodil2010
    @ktcaroline
    @cornish-jane
    @debster251
    @flourbaby
    @catch87
    @emmataylor
    @missybear
    @sarahbob
    @shinything
    @snowflake56
    @michelinme
    @merryapple
    @diana123
    @malteserhead
    @molij

Day 4, USA, Missouri Ozarks, NFD

Quick check in – wishing all well.

Thanks, all, for your warm welcome!

Had a good fast day yesterday. I went over 100 calories but I’m not too worried about it: better next time!

I had also had a fantastic workout today, despite the 102 degree heat! I have grown so much stronger in the last few months of working out. Working out definitely helps me keep on track with my eating. I always crave good food after a rough workout, instead of junk, helping me stay under my NFD 1600 calorie goal. Unfortunately the one scale I had access to at the gym broke, so I’m not sure I’ll be able weigh in this month; such things are hard to find in the middle of the Pacific! I’ll just have to be content with how I feel, and how my non-stretch pants feel. 🙂

Best of luck with a healthy and happy weekend everyone!

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 1,075 total)

You must be logged in to reply.