June 2017 30 Day Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
June 2017 30 Day Challenge

This topic contains 1,893 replies, has 168 voices, and was last updated by  Onahealthyhigh 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,351 through 1,400 (of 1,895 total)

• Day 19 FD St. Louis USA
    Might be second post. Wasn’t sure posted the first time. And myself to pocket list. Hope I got the latest one.

Pocket list for day 19:
    @rainbowsmile
    @lany36

@brightonbelle

@lmrenfrey
    @flourbaby

@xrox

@debster251

@m33

@endellion

@tlc2

@rhubarbbutnocustard

@schatziii
    @pippapah
    @mila69
    @chumi
    @chitown gal
    @awilson
    @califdreamer
    @sirisan B2B

Day 16,17,18,19 NFD
    SCOTLAND in the sun

Hi all, after a glorious weekend with food and friends (no running or batch cooking despite my good intentions) it’s back on track with a FD tomorrow. I’m almost looking forward to it!

Good luck everyone on FD today or tomorrow x

Today turned into an extra fast day as I was too hot to eat.

I just finished putting the rabbits away and feeding them and I am sure it warmer than it was at 4pm. To make it more difficult Lily decided to run off and went exploring the other rabbits’ diggings as I leave the gates open behind me once they are shut in so she had access to lots of interesting new territory. Just to top it off a pigeon was spitting cherry stones at me. They polished off the cultivated ones and are now working on the wild ones. I suppose I should be grateful it didn’t poo on me! But it is surprising how much a cherry stone stings on bare sweaty skin. I chased Lily round and round the various hutches until she suddenly remembered her dinner and headed for home, where Peony had already guzzled the best bits of broccoli much to Lily’s obvious displeasure. But serve her right!

Day 19 Massachusetts USA FD Had the most delicious Italian wedding dinner last night, and Oh the desserts! It was family style and I had a few bites of each. Not concerning because I’ve got my two FD’s this week. Today was not so hard because I was in the car a lot. I am looking forward to my FD dinner within the hour. I’ll get weighed at the Dr’s on Wednesday so we’ll see if I’m falling off my May plateau yet. I hope so. I do know this works but my lack of results last month was hard.
    🦁Courage everyone!

Day 20 will try for controlled NFD
    but off to Albany , a pretty coastal town with some lovely restaurants and cafes so here’s hoping …

Day 19, Guildford UK, WFD

Well here we are all hot and bothered!

Hope everyone should ok.

@fatrabbit I love your stories and furry friends

Lots of pocketeers today!

Hi All, I’m sorry I have dropped out of sight having signed up for the June challenge – the last few weeks have been simply horrible. Those who have been in the same challenges since last May will understand when I tell you that my brother, who had been struggling with depression, anxiety and alcoholism, passed away on June 1. I am just heartbroken. And now I have also been diagnosed with an aorta aneurysm which means making huge changes to my life but will at least force me away from the comfort eating and onto a far healthier WOL. I’m not ready to formally resume 5:2 yet but have cut down to two meals per day and will aim to keep within my TDEE. All the best to everyone and all strength to you on your journeys. xxx

Day 19 – USA – NFD

Third post – @hannahwatto, please accept my condolences on the loss of your brother. I cannot imagine how you feel. On top of that, you have your own new struggle – please know that my thoughts will be for your healing and recovery.

2d post
    @Hannawatto. So sorry for your loss of your brother.

Hannah Watto, I am so sorry to hear about your brother. Such a tragic thing to have to deal with. I’ll keep both of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care of yourself and do all that you need to do for the aorta aneurysm, to care of it. Will you have to have surgery?

Too many things that you have to deal with all at one time. *Hugs.*

Still day 19 –

Looks like I fell off the pocket list. I think maybe @awilson, our posts crossed. That’s okay, almost to the end of it and am maintaining a FD.

@hannahwatto – so sorry to hear of the loss of your brother. That is heartbreaking. Hugs and prayers from afar. I’m amazed that you’re maintaining some control in the midst of the loss & your health news.

Day 20, Germany, (controlled) NFD

Day 20, UK, FD

2nd day of B2B

@hannahwatto – oh so sorry to hear about your brother, and your own health being so concerning. Hugs and prayers to you for comfort and healing.

Day 20 UK FD

177.4lbs, 80.5 kg. A new low:)) And another inch gone off my hips/bust, down to 39 inches :)) The only trouble is sitting is now painful as I no longer have my built in padding to protect my broken tailbone. It should encourage me to be more active however. I wonder can I read whilst walking around? I used to read while walking to school but I remember a few close encounters with lamp posts…maybe I had better stick to reading in bed. Grooming may need a new strategy though. Perhaps a treatment table instead of holding them on my lap. Only that calms them down and makes them feel safe while I do it. A different chair is needed anyway. The hard kitchen chair I usually use feels like a torture device now, and the cushion I resorted to didn’t help much. An additional problem is that the bigger rabbits now don’t fit on my lap as it is so much smaller than it was! Sideways anyway. With retreat of my belly my legs look much longer. In fact I wonder if I am getting taller. I am probably holding myself better. Maybe I have stretched up that extra quarter inch to 5ft 9? I always felt so big and clumsy and uncomfortable with myself and slouched but now I am feeling much more at home in my body:))

@hannahwatto, big hugs my prayers are with you on your sad loss.

Day 20
    West Midlands UK
    FD

Day 20 UK NFD

@hannahwatto. So sorry for your loss and your own diagnosis. It might help a little to think of your worldwide support group, all wishing you well.

@fatrabbit, you’re doing so well, as others have said you’ll be needing to change our name so soon ” slim bunny “sounds good.

Yesterday’s first FD in 2 weeks saw me just under 500 cals. Today I aim to keep it below 1000. First day back in work, I’m attempting to wear one of my old summer dresses, I’ve got a wardrobe full of dresses I’ve bought for work over the past few years, but I always feel uncomfortable in them. Got go give them another try whilst this weather lasts.

Day 20 UK NFD very pleased with yesterday ,my first fast in a while 540 cals, so buoyed up even contemplated a b2b ,but on 2nd thoughts going for a good controlled NFD then I’ll be in a position to go for a good fast Wednesday.

@Hannahwatto- so sorry ❤️
    @fatrabbit – 5ft 9 long slim legs – sounds like a supermodels emerging – go girl!

So sorry @hannahwatto.
    Tried a fd yesterday but stress and life got in the way and I succumbed to chocolate brownie.
    Hoping to try again and fast today and see if I can make it through work without crying.
    Hugs everyone. X

Day 20 – FIN – NFD

@hannahwatto My condolences to you and your family for your loss.

I had a decent FD yesterday, although I did end up eating a little more than planned after accepting a few treats in the evening – one small chocolate chip cookie and one mini waffle biscuit – which put me at a little over 600 kcals. Other than those, had cottage cheese with some ground flax seeds and a few carrots to break my fast, and leftover grilled vegetables and a small piece of chicken with quinoa for dinner, followed by a few pieces of licorice. I also ate a good amount of cherry tomatoes as a snack in between my two bigger meals.

Day 20 Tas Australia NFD

@hannahwatto so sorry for the loss of your brother and also your own new health problems.

Day 20 – Hampshire, UK – NFD

Feeling much lighter today already…I did step on the scales and they said 70.5kg so Ive already ditched 1 of the 2 kgs i out on, soooo happy!!!!

@at thank you for the supportive words, they mean alot!!

I thought I would really struggle on my first fasting day after indulging for a week but I just got back into my routine. We had the nicest BBQ fish for dinner which is very low in calories so I feel like I am able to make the most of the sunshine while maintaining my 500cal.

Onwards and upwards 🙂

@hannahwatto so sorry for the loss of your brother, stay strong, may he rest in peace!

Day 20 Belfast FD a little cooler here today.
    Yesterday turned into a CD rather than a FD, although I was still under 800 cals. I’ll add in an extra FD today.

@HannaWatto I’m so sorry to hear of your sad loss and your health issues. Thoughts and hugs to you and your family. Take very good care of yourself.
    @calif dreamer – that’s hot! And we’re complaining here!
    @fatrabbit go girl! You’re an inspiration. You’Llandudno definiteLy have to change your handle!
    Good luck whether you’re fasting or not. Make your day count.

DAY 20 – UK – FD

DAY 18 – UK – NFD
    DAY 19 – UK – NFD

Sorry eratic posting. Been v busy…and losing track of time as well as dieting.
    My discipline is slipping. but really trying not to lose all completely. Am still struggling, but trying to reign in gradually. Too many summer pleasures to be had.
    Winter (I find) is so much easier for dieting. Hot calorie free warming soups and piles of hot veg. always do the trick whilst Summer picnics and outings always play murder with my waistline. Went to Highgrove yesterday (Prince Charles’s Garden) and to Thenford – home of the Hesseltines, previous week, as well as Kelmscot Manor in Oxfordshire, William Morris….all of which I had the obligatory (for me) cream tea!!! I daren’t tell you – but will,….I actually had a big slice of cold bread pudding!!! Absolute heaven, but hell on the scales!!! But….if I can survive the summer and “maintain” there is always the hope that I can lose a bit in the Autumn/Winter. I MUST get back to the 5:2…perhaps to-day’s fast will be successful….nothing on the calendar but gardening. Now if I can just resist that sun-downer later, and the nibbles that go with it, but it really is a matter of making hay whilst the sun shines as the moment……Enjoy all UK’ers – this hot spell may never happen again!!!

Day 20, London, UK, FD,

@hannahwatto, so sorry to hear of your loss, and your diagnosis, I hope you find the strength to deal with this difficult time. xxx

@fatrabbit, same here re: the fractured tailbone, my coccyx is a constant pain in the butt, literally, I’ve discovered that Poundland sell ‘U’ shaped travel pillows for your neck, for……. Well £1, which, when laid flat and reversed allow the coccyx to be elevated, no pressure, no pain and time for it to heal. I’ve been using them for a couple of weeks and they seem to work, I used to have to roll-up from sitting to standing very, very slowly, not now with this cushion!!!. Replacement padding if you like!!!

Once again I succumbed to the snack box yesterday, so my FD was a well below TDEE NFD yesterday, even though it was too hot to eat much, the usual temptations which sometimes derail my FDs were calling my name – M&S jam bakes are evil, evil, evil!! Managed to drink 4L water yesterday because it was sooooo hot I thought I was melting. I didn’t get up for the loo throughout the night either, so maybe I was a bit dehydrated (Red wine and BBQ on Saturday probably).
    I’ll be mindful for my FD today as I’m so much more controlled at work. I’m finding B2B2Bs easy because for the 3 days I’m at work I have NO problems fasting, I may rethink my ADF aim for June.

Good luck everyone, keep the faith!!!! And remember – “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” – Beverly Sills

Day 20/NFD/Melbourne Australia

@hannahwatto my thoughts are with you.
    @at thank you for your good wishes. I’m off to the west coast to spend time with my youngest child. x Thank you to everyone who wished me a happy holiday.
    @fatrabbit you are inspirational

So many wonderful people in our global family. Have a great day everyone.

Day 20 FD
    Scotland

@hannahwatto so sorry to hear your news

quite determined today

Day 20, Belfast, FD

@hannahwatto so sorry to hear your sad news. Sending hugs.

Had a busy weekend so just trying ot catch up on the posts today. We had three barbecue parties so I’m a bit scared to check my weight. Will hopefully complete a good FD today. Fingers crossed.I’ll start a pocket list to get us all going! Apologies if I miss or add anyone by mistake.

***Day 20, POCKETEERS!!!***
    If you’re fasting today jusy copy and paste and add your name.
    **TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER!!***

@lou Belles
    @hotchoc
    @bigviking 2nd day of B2B
    @fatrabbit
    @shera10000
    @chocolatemilkshake
    @debster251
    @jarbia
    @flourbaby
    @belfastsink

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!

Day 20 – UK – NFD

Successful fast yesterday. Weigh-in at 60.7kg this morning!

Good luck to today’s fasters! x

Day 20…….Florida….. FD

Good Morning! FD today, well, for the next three days actually. I’m really trying to break out of the 140’s this week.
    Had such a lovely day yesterday, I sure in the heck do not want to go back to work today. Ah, such is life!

@hannah….. I’m sorry for your loss and your health battles.

@fat rabbit….err slim rabbit. Congrats on the winning the battle. If I may, I would recommend a tail bone pillow. They are specially designed to give relief in the area when sitting. They sell them here in the States in medical supply stores but I’m sure you can get them online, if the U.K. Doesn’t have those type of stores.

Well, I’m off. If I don’t get moving now. I never will!

Kung-fu fighting, naw it was me I was dancing!

Day 20 – UK – NFD

@hannahwatto so very vert saddened to hear about your brother and your health problems. Take care of yourself.

@fatrabbit – congratulations on your new low but ouch! to your broken tailbone.

@xrox – well done on losing some of the holiday weight – hopefully the rest will come off equally quickly.

My FD yesterday after two week holiday was really tough (especially as neighbours lit a BBQ mid afternoon and delicious smells wafted in) but successful coming in at just under 500 cals. Mind you, I feel like I could eat a horse today so logging everything into MFP to make sure I stay within TDEE.

Day 20 – UK – FD

@hannahwatto so very sorry to hear your news, please accept my condolences on the loss of you brother.

@tlc2 – thank you, I had a lovely evening with my friends at book club, it was funny but most of the room were chatting about their struggles with healthy eating, why is it a battle for so many of us….

@lou Belles
    @hotchoc
    @fatrabbit
    @shera10000
    @chocolatemilkshake
    @debster251
    @jarbia
    @flourbaby
    @belfastsink
    @yolina

Have a lovely day everyone.

Day 20 – USA (Illinois) – NFD

Still maintaining 158.6 this morning despite our Choral Society social last evening. That meant nearly an hour of “grazing” around a beautiful treat table of finger foods, savory and sweet, and socializing with our fellow singers. As director, of course I had to enjoy it all! No one brings anything bad – a real night of treats. I always save up calories during the day to be able to indulge. Today will be more controlled. I hope.

Just saw this interesting and well-written article on IF: http://www.prevention.com/food/i-tried-intermittent-fasting-for-a-week/slide/2

Onward and downward, everyone!

Day 20 – Cumbria UK – FD

Another warm sunny day and a lovely short hike with a friend this morning 6.5km/4miles before catching up with a mutual friend for a coffee – lovely way to start the day.

Today is a much needed FD so I’m joining the pocketeers for some support!

@ciren2 – HUGS if needed
    @hannahwatto – thoughts are with you for the sad loss of your dear brother and also the news regarding your own health – take care of yourself my dear cyber friend – we are here if you need us anytime xx
    @fatrabbit – you are doing such a great job

If you are struggling know that you are not alone – read some of the posts on here for inspiration and don’t berate yourself for having an off day or two – “Weight loss is like driving: If you ever veer off the road, just make a U-Turn and head back in the right direction”

@lou Belles
    @hotchoc
    @fatrabbit
    @shera10000
    @chocolatemilkshake
    @debster251
    @jarbia
    @flourbaby
    @belfastsink
    @yolina
    @at

Day 20, USA, Missouri Ozarks, FD

Hello all, still in maintenance mode and plan to complete a 24 hour liquid only fast today. The main thing I have learned from this way of eating is how much better I feel when my body is not working so hard digesting lots of food – AND how much better I sleep.

Wishing you all well.

Day 20 Chicago, Illinois USA – NFD

Day 20 USA NFD

Day 20, Rocky Mountains, US, FD

Hi all,

Trying a FD today. The munchies are getting me in the evening. It is popcorn that calls my name. A bit is ok but not a whole big bag!!!!😅😅😅

@hannahwatto: Very sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself!!! 🌺🌻🌼

Have a good Tuesday, dear cyber friends!

Day 20 – SW WA USA – NFD

Had a successful FD yesterday & planning a controlled day today.

@flourbaby – thanks for the quote. There are no short cuts to any place worth going. It’s interesting how each of our journey’s is different. I guess it’s important not to compare, but to keep on keeping on.

@chocolatemilkshake – have a good day, and may some kind act put a smile on your face.

Remember that together we are stronger!

Day 20 California USA 5:2 NFD

After fasting yesterday on 500 calories, I only lost .2 of a pound. I’m still 1.6 up from where I was on June 14. Hopefully it’s just water weight. I know I need to look at the trend as a whole, and I’ve lost 7.8 pounds since May 10. (7 weeks tomorrow). Even at this rather slow rate of loss, a pound per week would mean I could be 144 in another month. That isn’t too bad considering this hasn’t been difficult to follow and I have only counted calories on a couple of my NFD. I’m sure I’ve eaten more than I needed to on many of those days. And my jeans fit looser and I can zip up a couple pairs that I couldn’t 7 weeks ago.

So, while the plateaus are frustrating, I know I could probably step up my game on NFD and get past them. If I keep doing what I’ve been doing the past 7 weeks, 5:2, that’s acceptable and easily sustainable. I feel in control again and that’s a good feeling!

Day 20 Oregon USA NFD
    I had a good FD yesterday. Last night I watched a new episode of The Great British Baking Show, which I love. It was a challenge to watch all those wonderful goodies at the end of my FD but managed to keep myself from baking up a desert.😇 My goal today is controlled eating.

Summer weather has finally arrived, gives a boost to my spirits. I plan on going for a nice walk this morning to get some blood flowing to my head.

@fatrabbit – No need for you to go to the gym when you’ve been chasing rabbits around!!

@hannahwatto – So sorry for hear about the loss of your brother and your health issues. I have found this forum a great support, I hope you can reap some of the benefits from this courageous group.

Day 20 – USA – NFD

@endellion, good job! @califdreamer, a pound a week is a very good rate of loss. I’ve been on 5:2 since January and lost an average of 3/4 of a lb. per week, and a ton of inches. Your progress is admirable!

Day 20, Gozo Malta fd

HannaWatto please accept my condolences for the loss of a dear brother. I lost one of mine eight years ago and know how you feel. I prayed for him. I hope you’ll be able to go through your illness with courage and patience. I’ll pray for you to do so.

I am doing a fast day again today after yesterday’s successful fast day. Today’s fast day will be at around 850 calories.

Have a great evening everyone. Onwards and downwards

day 20 FD St. Louis USA

@lou Belles
    @hotchoc
    @fatrabbit
    @shera10000
    @chocolatemilkshake
    @debster251
    @jarbia
    @flourbaby
    @belfastsink
    @yolina
    @at
    @sirisan 2d B2B

Day 20: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    @hannahwatto, sending you love and hugs xx

Day 20, Northumberland UK, NFD

Good fast day yesterday, and today is only coming in at 950 so far. May have a small supper, but still very controlled so much happier with myself. Bit lower than usual on fluids so will make sure the late night snack dragon is flushed away before any damage is done.

@hannahwatto commiserations on your loss. Good luck on your recovery journey, both your grieving and your health.

@fatrabbit I also concur on the cushion suggestions having had a badly bruised tailbone. U-shaped pillows from your local discount store, be they neck pillows or nursing cushions, or the circular variety to take the pressure off while sitting.

Day 21 – NZ – FD

Day 20–ABQ, NM–NFD

@chitowngal: Thanks for the tip! I’ll be going to the co-op tomorrow and will pick up some peppermint oil then. Anything that can help is worth a try.

@metatauta: As a matter of fact, I did try keto and LCHF last week and that’s how I noticed the connection. After weeks of insomnia I was suddenly sleeping through the night. It was only when I went carb-crazy on Sunday night that I couldn’t sleep again.

I don’t know if I’ll be able to do the keto part (under 20g net carbs) every day–probably only on FDs–but On NFD I’ll try to stay below 100g. Hopefully that will be enough but we’ll see. It’s also been a difficult transition for my body, with a lot of nausea and indigestion and one day my nose was running nonstop. Keto flu?

Having said that, it’s hard not to wonder if doing LCHF also contributed to last week’s fabulous whoosh. It certainly seems great for weight loss.

@hannawatto: I’m sorry for your loss

@fatrabbit soon to be skinnybunny: Love the animal stories! Hope they are tolerating the heat under all that fur. My daughter and her flatmates found themselves fostering a little black bunny named Jefferson something (Airplane? Starship?) and she’s fallen head-over-heels in love with “Jeffy”.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,351 through 1,400 (of 1,895 total)

You must be logged in to reply.