June 2017 30 Day Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
June 2017 30 Day Challenge

This topic contains 1,893 replies, has 168 voices, and was last updated by  Onahealthyhigh 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,401 through 1,450 (of 1,895 total)

• Day 20, Guildford UK, NFD (1700)

Haven’t had my full 1700 which I need to keep metabolismy in the longer run.

Very hot today, server went down because of the heat. So worked from home, not keen on that.

Well there it is

Day 20 2nd post California

@fatrabbit, having a smaller lap is a good problem! Get a better pillow to protect your tailbone. Getting taller? I thought I had that problem too because my jeans were starting to get longer. I think they were just missing the detour at my belly on the way down. πŸ™‚ Congrats on your success. You are an inspiration.

@keetseel the name Jefferson for the black bunny? I bet it came from the TV show The Jeffersons back in the 70’s and 80’s in the US. George and Louise Jefferson were the main characters. George used to call his wife “Weezy”. Our nephew once had a black cat named Weezy. πŸ™‚

Thanks for that @annemarilyn
    Sorry if I’ve miss spelled it but my memory is pants.
    It was a fast day but I ate 660 today.
    Will be super strict tomorrow to make up.
    Not got my head round it yet that 5 days I can just be relatively normal….
    I seem to be combining 5.2 with 16.8… should just stick to 5.2 for a while to get used to it and try not to get too hung up with food.
    Hugs to all xx

Day 20 — USA – NFD

Second post – @keetseel, good for you discovering the benefits of LCHF! Finally, Fox News first page had an article about the benefits of eating healthy fats and lowering carbs. As far as the “keto flu”, make sure you keep your electrolytes up: salt, magnesium, potassium.

Day 21 FD country West Australia
    Winter Solstice and shortest day. Might make it easier to fast as not such a long day!
    @hannahwatto, my sincere condolences for your loss . I have been following your journey for some time and have just been catching up on the past week or so of posts as have been very busy.
    I am so so sorry for you and your family.
    Also your health condition is serious.
    What a terrible time for you. Know that across the world there are people who are thinking of you and caring about you across space and time.
    Thoughts, virtual hugs and prayers for you and your family. xx

Thank you so much everyone for you lovely words, prayers and support. You truly are a remarkable group of people. It is quite extraordinary how we have come together, from all over the world, strangers really, but have such strong bonds. My love to you all.

Day 20 Huntingdon UK NFD
    Day 21 Huntingdon UK NFD

Day 20- Montreal-FD

Trying a b2b FD to get things moving…

Day 21 UK NFD

178lbs. I really hit a wall yesterday, felt dreadful. Working in the heat is easier than it was but still not good. I made myself drink a cup of marmite in case I needed salt but it didn’t really help. I struggled on until everyone had gone at four and then went upstairs and fell asleep until the boarders owner turned up at six. At least I don’t have as much to do today.

Thanks everyone for the suggestion of a proper pillow. I have ordered one from Amazon which should arrive today. Hopefully that will help a lot. Even sitting on the bed hurts at the moment. I broke it over twenty years ago so it isn’t going to heal:( I may need to glue the pillow to my bum! Perhaps I should have appreciated my padding more! Oh dear I’m a bit of a moaning rabbit this morning:(( I need to find something more positive to think about. My son has now lost ten kilograms, that is positive:)) And he is sleeping on a more regular pattern and eating better food:))

Day 21 Oman NFD

Day 21, Guildford UK, CD (1200)

Going to be a tough day workwise

ay 21 – UAE – FD (26th day of b29b)
    ay 20 – UAE – FD (25th day of b29b)

@hannahwatto, please accept my condolences on the loss of your brother. please make sure you take care of yourself and we are here for your in this difficult time.

Day 21, Northumberland UK, NFD

Summer solstice already, how did that happen. Snack dragon didn’t escape last night, and at the gym early this morning which is always helpful for me in drowning any lurking dragons. Aiming to just continue the control and be around TDEE today. Have a fab day folks.

Day 21 UK FD

Summer solstice and it feels like it -hot and muggy already. I like the comment form @lilymartin – it’s winter solstice in Australia so the day is short.

Spent yesterday on a training course in a room with 20 people and no air con. It was so hot you could see the trainers rushing to get us out of there &a pregnant lady fainted. She’s ok but that signalled the end of the day. I drank about 4 litres during the day, water & diet pop. This morning I seem to have lost 3.5 lbs of the 5 I put on over the holiday. Now that’s what I call a whoosh.

Aiming for just about 500 cals today, apple for lunch then small steak and salad at dinner, followed by the trusty sugar free jelly.

@ fatrabbit, that is such good news re your son, I remember you sharing your struggle with him to get him to even consider eating healthily. You are definitely an inspiration.

Day 20 Newcastle UK NFD
    Day 21 Newcastle UK FD
    Diet and food choices went out the window since middle of last week. Not going to beat myself up about it. Need to put in a solid thoughtful end to the April challenge and get back on track.
    I used the time away from my usual routine as an excuse to eat anything in any quantity that I wanted. Hopefully lesson learnt.
    Have a great day everyone.

Day 21 UK FD Going for my 2nd fast of the week, don’t feel as motivated, but it’s early and hopefully the day will go swiftly and will have a nice meal at around 7 . I’m avoiding the scales for a few days in the hope the news will be good when I eventually get on

Day 21
    West Midlands UK
    NFD

Day 21 – Cumbria UK – NFD

Weight – 54.7kg/12.6lbs (maintaining just below goal weight of 55kg)

After all the glorious weather we have been having – woke up to a damp and overcast day and cooler day for Summer solstice 2017!!!!! The garden needed a bit of rain……

Spending the morning baking for a local garden party tomorrow – Italian apple cake in the oven already and prep for Nigella Lawson Banana Bread to go in next; to be followed by a Gluten Free Chocolate Brownie and a Gluten Free & Dairy Free Raspberry & Coconut Slice – that little lot should keep me occupied today!!!!!

The weird thing is that I’m not even feeling hungry so have only had a cup of tea since waking up and will probably not break my fast until lunchtime or later……I’m expecting friends this afternoon and we were planning on going for a walk (hopefully it will be dry by then) and then have an evening meal out together – will have to wait and see how the day pans out……

Will not have time to catch up with the posts today so hope all my fellow June 2017 30 Day Challengers are doing OK – we have one more 10 more days to go after today – Let’s make it count!

Remember the 80:20 rule – “It’s OK to give in to cravings. Losing weight and keeping it off means balance, not going without treats for the rest of your life”

Day 21 – UK – NFD

@songbirdme – thanks for the link, very interesting article.

Day 21
    India, NFD.

Day 21, Newcastle UK, FD

Given I’m this month’s host, apologies for my unintended absence since Saturday. We’ve had friends staying and my feet haven’t touched the ground, let alone fingers touching keyboard! They left early this morning after a great few days. Needless to say, today is a FD for me. Now to catch up on posts and hear how everyone is getting on.

Day 21 – UK – FD

Day 21, London, UK, FD

I’m not exactly sure what I’m doing!!! I decided to make today my 2nd FD (B2B) simply because they’re easier at work and the weather makes my choices easier too. Anyway, this may become a B2B2B because tomorrow evening is yoga, we’ll see. I’m a planner, so this β€˜play it by ear’ stuff is doing my head in!!!

@lindasue, I’m with you regarding the sleep benefits of fasting, having tossed and turned all weekend, blaming the heat, rather than the Thai meal, LCHF hotel breakfast (1st breakfast since Nov!!), BBQ or copious amounts of red wine!!!! Last night I slept like a log after my 1st FD this week, I don’t usually have sleep issues as I use magnesium oil daily, but when I do it’s usually after some bad food choices (lightbulb moment!!)

@keetseel, @califdreamer – Jefferson Airplane had a hit with β€˜white rabbit’ in the trippy 60’s ………………. well before my time, but I’m not sure how I know the song!!! From a film I think.

@steve toon taxi driver, reading your last post, I hope you’ve not gone back in time!!!! You were a good 20+ lbs heavier back in April!!!!!! Get yourself up, dusted down and back on the wagon, strap yourself in and don’t worry about the detour!!!!! Life IS for living!!!!

Keep on keeping on everyone…… We’ve GOT this!!!!!!!

Day 19 UK NFD 🌈
    Day 20 UK NFD 🌈
    Day 21 UK FD 🌈

Sorry been a bit lax in reporting in, still get the posts that I read, not sure if it’s been really hot and I’ve made the most of the sunshine or if ive been a bit out of sync this month, all my regular activity gone out the windows these last couple of weeks, i.e. Checking in here first thing and setting up my day, been winging it, left to my own devices and not really making any difference. So slipping back to old habits so easy to do.

Also summer brings with it lovely things like, Drinks in the sun, ice cream by the lake etc.

Haven’t done a proper FD for a while so today is the day. It’s hot so the water consumption is up so that good, drowning the dragon πŸ’¦πŸ‰.

Off to the gym in a little while, that also helps.

Need to get my mind back in the game! Keep on keeping on. Go away self sabotage dragon. πŸ²πŸ—‘

Day 21 Belfast NFD
    And conversely Lilymartin, the summer solstice here. Think on the bright side. For you now the days are getting longer, although I guess it takes a while to notice a big difference. Sunset here is about 10.10 at the moment so there is light in the sky, even after 11.
    @fatrabbit aka nearly skinny rabbit. Your positivity always shines through. A big high five to your son. βœ‹οΈ That’s down to your gentle guidance and good example.
    @Stevetoontaxidriver – just press the reset button and go forward. Life is for living.
    @Strawberriesandcream – so glad you enjoyed your friends’ visit. I think we are a very self-sufficient group!
    You kinda get used to pulling back the curtains and seeing the sunshine, so the mist this morning was a shock. We’re supposed to have some today, which will be welcome.
    Have a great day everyone

Day 21, FD, Germany
    Day 20, NFD

I want to go for a B2B2B starting from today. Hope things go well.
    I have a great difficulty in controling my appetite. May be a day comes that I can stop overeating and may be it remains unsolved until I die. I know it’s something that comes from my childhood, Freud’s oral stage. Any period that I stop overeating I shift to smoking. I wish one day I can solve it. It needs a very deep psychotherapy.

I hope you all enjoy your day.

Day 21- Hampshire, UK – FD

2nd post – weight 75.4kg, waist 75cm, hips 99cm, bust 98cm. Don’t think there is much, if anything, to go now off any of those measurements. Just need to keep the bad eating habits firmly in the past where they belong.

Day 21 – UK – FD

A miracle has occurred and I am wearing a dress! I saw it peaking out from behind a box and put it on and it is so cool that I have kept it on. I got a few strange looks from the rabbits who probably wondered who the complete stranger was letting them out and filling their water bowls. And lots of comments from the family of course. It is well over ten years since the last time and it was a rare occurrence then. It was not exactly easy doing the water wearing it, I had to tuck it in my knickers to stop myself tripping over it! It is long and airy and hides the fact that I haven’t shaved my legs in ten years either, at least it does when not tucked in my knickers…

2nd post

We’ve just had our second thunderstorm of the morning – so no work for me today and have now caught up on the last 4 days’ posts.

My condolences to you @hannahwatto on your sad loss, compounded by your health issue. I’m glad you are feeling comfort from your global family and wish you all the best in the coming weeks and months.xx
    More tragedy in London and Portugal – simply heartbreaking.
    @taraga – thank you for your further explanation of Ramadan – that’s truly mindful living in practice.
    I hope your visit to the Doctor today gives you some good news on progress @mogaman.
    @anna6 – my best wishes to your daughter as she begins a new chapter in her life and to you as you support her. Every cloud has a silver lining.
    @fatrabbit – your stories provide a much needed lift in this troubled world of ours. Great news on your son’s progress – you must be very proud and relieved. @brightonbelle – you took the words right out of my mouth regarding @fatrabbit‘s emergence as a supermodel – maybe even a ‘Bunny Girl’ πŸ™‚
    @chocolatemilkshake – sad to hear you’ve been feeling miserable – is there anything we can help with?
    Sounds like great progress to me @califdreamer πŸ™‚
    Hahaha @debster251 – I knew I wouldn’t be missed as we are indeed a self-sufficient group with someone always ready and kind enough to give support. However, I feel my sudden unannounced break was a little rude of me.
    @Shatzii – good on the discovery of a place to swim and relax and maybe if you make a list of all the good things that you have found from being part of this forum, you may find you’ve made a lot more progress than you think.
    @shera10000 – hope you’re feeling much better now and @jisika – take care – sounds nasty. @ciren2 – glad you’re still here. You described a perfect example of the flexibility of this WOL @lilymartin. And good to hear you’re back in the groove @xrox and that you’re finding the forum so helpful @m33.
    @keetseel – your story of the 100 year old lady reminded me of a saying from my SW days. “Nothing tastes as good as slim feels”. I guess that’s why we do it.
    @happymargo – sounds like you’re enjoying your exercise again – I could do with a bit of your self discipline! @tlc2 and @yolina – your thinking about this WOL is spot on.

Well, with reading all your posts, I’ve made it through mid-day on my first FD of the week. I hope your day is going well too – whatever you’re doing.

Day 21……Florida…..FD

Just a quick post this morning, as I have overslept, so I’ve really limited my reflection time this morning.
    Very good FD yesterday, in which I also increased my water intake. Increase my water, made the scales move in a better direction this morning! Couldn’t be happier! Surely, I’ll break into the 130’s this week. Here’s to wishful thinking!

Saffy and fat rabbit…… since living in Florida in the never ending heat, I learned a little trick. When we’re going to be in the heat for a extended amount of time, besides keeping my salt up, I also eat a sm. Banana before our adventure and then another one after a nice long shower when we finally make it home. By doing this, I feel less beat up the next morning from the heat and less dehydrated.
    Just thought it might help, I know it would have helped the pregnant lady.

Okay, I’m off

I wonder what the Kung-fu fighters do to stay hydrated, after all there always fighting!

Just busy reading through everybody’s posts.
    @flourbab. Thanks for the advice I’m not going to let all this good work go to waste. Fast day today I’m back onto the exercise too after a problem with my knee. I’ll be looking for any kind of weight loss this month now.
    @hannahwatto. Sorry to here about loss and other problems.

Day 21, Gozo Malta, nfd

Thank you strawberriesandcream. She is working as an architect with her father and also with a firm of architects in Malta two days a week and is going out again during weekends. She leaves her almost ten month son with her ex once a week and isn’t depressed any more. Her work is very demanding and I help her out with my grandson when he isn’t at playschool.

Today I weight at 66.1 kilos about 0.6 kilos loss from my b2b fast days. I’m writing down what I eat as I have started to nibble more it seems since I reached target last October. I want to loose two more kilos and then continue to maintain.

Have a great Wednesday everyone, onwards and downwards

Day 21 Tas Australia NFD

Day 21 Chicago, Illinois USA – NFD

Day 21 USA FD
    Question for those who combine IDF and low carb diets-on your FD, do you count carbs, calories, or both? Just curious …

Day 21 Massachusetts USA NFD @Strawberriesandcream Kind of you to remember my Dr visit. We are finding out if I’m a candidate for a new Multiple Sclerosis drug. We are waiting to have phone and internet restored after βš‘οΈπŸŒ«πŸ’¨- then we can leave for the hour drive. We live in the mountains in the Summer (think I said that already.) Both FD’s and NFD’s getting easier, as long as their isn’t a big party weekend!
    My husband is kind of forced to do a version of 5/2 if he wants to eat together! It’ll be easier to get caught up on everyone’s posts once we have Internet in house.

Day 21 – USA – FD

@lilymartin, hang in there! @saffy420, good for you on the whoosh! Waiting for mine at the end of this week! Cannot believe it’s even legal to have 20 people in a room with no A/C? @songbirdme, thanks for the article! @schatziii, have you considered that eating healthy fats will cause you to not even think about food or cravings? @krisnia, if you log your food into MyFitnessPal, it will give yout he breakdown.

second post
    @metatauta surprisingly on fast days it’s much easier to for me to keep away from binge eating. But on NFDs I am really mostly in struggle.

@schatziii I agree with you I have the same struggle. I am perfect on fast days but then I binge the other 5 days. @metatauta it does work when you stay away from bad carbs and mostly eat protein or fat and the good carbs, it keeps me from craving sugar, which I struggle with, it’s like crack for me, haha.

Second post (actually too hot and muggy to do anything)
    Well the much needed rain hasn’t really materialised.
    @fatrabbit Lol!
    @Strawberriesandcream – I SO didn’t meant to imply that!! Life happens and it’s good to see you back!
    @metatauta – I’m following your posts about LCHF with interest. I have dismissed that in the same way as people have dismissed fasting as a way of life, but lots of reading has peaked my interest. Having been stuck in the doldrums for a while, I need to kick start my eating habits. Any tips?
    @krisnia on FDs I just eat protein and veggies/salad, and count the calories in MFP. I’ve got into the habit of eating a piece of fruit at lunchtime because I just love summer fruits, but in reality they are quite high in calories for what you get to eat.
    @mogaman fingers crossed for the news you want to hear.
    Off to the ballet this evening to see Giselle, which I’m really looking forward to.
    Onwards we go!

Day 21, Rocky Mountains, US, BSD 800 cals

Hello dear virtual friends,

Happy Summer Solstice! β˜‰πŸŒπŸŒž

Here it was already at 22:24 yesterday Mountain Time. I like a lot of light and always feel so much better in summer. Don’t like the idea that the sun is going the other way already after today!

Well, I could not do a 500 cals FD but stayed with my BSD 800. This works for me and so I stick with it. Also had a bit more control over my current popcorn mania. πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

Have a good first day of summer!

Onwards and downwards!🌺🌻🌼🌹⚘

Day 21: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    Still working towards that elusive fast day not achieved since about 8th MARCH!
    It should feel too hot to eat, shouldn’t it? HA…haa!!
    @at: hugs from you are always appreciated, thanks. xx
    @hannahwatto: another tight hug for you xxx

Day 21- Montreal-NFD

Day 21 – UK – NFD

@fatrabbit – You are such a good story teller, really had a good laugh today with your dress story.
    @at – your cooking for tomorrows garden party sounds delicious.
    @Strawberriesandcream – nice to have your lovely encouraging comments back.

Go for it everyone!

Day 21 Oregon USA NFD

Looking forward to my day, breakfast with my sisters and happy hour with my girlfriends, should be fun. I want to enjoy myself but not go overboard.

Summer solstice has arrived and hardly any summer to show for it….gerrr

@fatrabbit – Congratulations on getting into your dresses, that’s my goal!!

Day 21 – USA – FD

Second post: @debster251, I appreciate your comments about LCHF…when I started 5:2, I was researching on google and youtube anything I could about it; my confidence was increased when I saw doctors holding lectures about it – specifically, the glucose burning vs. the fat burning in our bodies and the results. Then I happened upon “LCHF” and completely pooh-poohed the thought of eating fat…it seemed ludicrous and so against everything I ever learned. Here I am, many hours of research, reading and actually doing LCHF. I am NEVER hungry. I am doing 16:8, still love my beer (pocket alehead!), LCHF and will never go back. I don’t miss the carbs I love because these days there are SO many substitutes with healthier options that keep you satisfied longer and no crashes, tiredness, etc. like when you eat lots of carbs/sugar. There are recipes galore. And you don’t have to specifically go ketogenic; you can go low-carb (officially under 100 carbs a day). Hope this entices you to research more and try it!

Day 21, USA, Missouri Ozarks, FD

Water only fast again today, still maintaining but feeling that I need to re-energize my body! Going out with the hubby for lunch at our favorite spot – a Mexican restaurant tomorrow – so I thought a couple of days water fast would be a good idea. Feeling great, got in about triple my normal exercise yesterday.

Wishing all well.

Second post –

hannawatto – so sorry for your loss and also want to wish you well with your own health issues

SongBirdMe – thanks for the link, very interesting

fat(skinny)rabbit – your visuals are delightful !

Viewing 50 posts - 1,401 through 1,450 (of 1,895 total)

You must be logged in to reply.