June 2017 30 Day Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
June 2017 30 Day Challenge

This topic contains 1,893 replies, has 168 voices, and was last updated by  Onahealthyhigh 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,301 through 1,350 (of 1,895 total)

• Day 19 UK NFD

178.4lbs. That guacamole scuppered any loss I would have had. Sigh. Stuffing myself with raspberries as I put the rabbits to bed at ten pm last night scuppered my eating window too. But the birds would have had them if I hadn’t. They already had all the cherries. I had the first pink currant too. I am not going to get upset with myself for eating fruit out of the garden. I am not usually a fruit eater but straight off the plant I find it far more appealing and it has to be healthier too.

It is beautiful outside at the moment but another horrible hot day with more to come forecast:( The rabbits perked up when it cooled down last night and lots of them started digging to get down to cool soil so it is a right mess out there. Magic and Mariposa, the new girl, are getting on splendidly. She is a very bossy fluffy black and white lionhead who is reported to like chasing cats and biting ankles. Magic seems content to be hen pecked. He lay his head down against her when I introduced them, just relieved to have a companion again. She hadn’t seen another rabbit in so long she didn’t know what to make of him at first but since he just gets out of her way when she grumps at him she has relaxed and doesn’t see him as a threat anymore. They will need to spend more time in the smaller cage out of the worst of the heat today. Maybe tomorrow I can risk putting them into a stable, when the boarders go home. It is getting warm in the barn but is cooler on the concrete floor. Even the piggies are lying around out on the floor instead of in their houses in the hay. You seldom see them so relaxed, lying with their legs stuck out to one one side. I am glad the Russian vine and the ivy have gone mad climbing on the barn or it would be even hotter in there.

Day 19, Guildford UK, WFD (Water)

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Monday and its 7:30 time to get up and at it!

Enjoy the lovely weather UK peeps, this is summer…..

Day 19 FD NZ
    Very long very busy day at work.
    I went to the gym after but only did 45mins between the crosstrainer and bike. I had intended to do a HIIT run on the treadmill but there just wasn’t enough in the tank mentally or physically to make it happen.
    I’ve had two small bowls of homemade vege soup and a Granny Smith apple for dinner. MFP calculator says I’m just over 300calories so I’m happy with that and I feel very nourished.
    I do love the winter vege soup evenings, last night we had it with homebaked bread I made from a Pinterest recipe for English muffin style bread loaves. I’ve said many times that I’m not a savoury carb person, my weakness is sweets, but I have to admit I ate multiple slices of the fresh baked goodness last night. All the same the bowls of soup tonight were just as good without it….and way less carb overloaded!

Day 19 UK FD -first in a while ,aiming to keep on liquids until dinner then have a nice big salad

Day 19, Northumberland UK, FD

Need today to be a fast day as looks like a bit of a topsy turvy week. Feeling much better after a couple of more controlled days and scales back in the right direction this morning.

Another glorious day in Tynedale this morning, shame I’m at work. Oh well, needs must.

Have a lovely week everyone.

Day 19, London, UK, FD

Yesterdays FD turned into a NFD, well below TDEE, but still not a FD, too many snacks and sweets!!

Another disastrous day in London, I don’t know what to say anymore, just too many people dying!!

I hope everyone is doing well, loving the bunny stories @fatrabbit, keep the faith people!!!

Day 19 – Hampshire, UK -FD

Hi alll..its been a while…

I got back from my 1 week holiday in Morroco on friday, i didn’t do my diet on holiday but I tried not to over indulge, overall I think i messed it up, I had a stomach bug at the start of the holiday and was not able to keep any food down for 3 days but after i recovered, i was extremely hungry, anyways the weekend back home didnt help either as we had an afternoon Tea for father’s day with my dad followed by a large bbq for my husband’s dad, I basically ate a lot more than I should.

I bravely got myself on the scales this morning and they read 71.5kg, I was 69.5kg before my holiday which means I put on 2kgs 🙁 in 10 days, trying not to let it play in my head as I only started the 5:2 diet mid may and managed to loose 3kg so didnt put everything back on.

Today I’m back on my Fasting, I would like to recover from this holiday in 2 weeks max so I can continue to work back towards my target, its fair to say I will not make June’s target now but staying positive !!

Noooo! Just lost a post

Day 19 Belfast FD
    Starting a pocket list for today. I hope I haven’t left anyone out.

@rainbowsmile
    @lany36
    @brightonbelle
    @Imrenfrey
    @flourbaby
    @xrox
    @debster251

Day 19/NFD/Melbourne Australia

Loving the rabbit stories.

Day 19 Wales UK – FD

Woke up feeling yuck today & couldn’t face my morning cuppa, the weather is beautiful but the heat is starting to effect me & Ive slept badly the last three nights.

Weighed myself this morning & I’ve gained 1lb, I think it’s unlikely I’ll make this month’s target but if I can shift a few pounds I’ll be happy.

@fatrabbit I used to have two lion head rabbits who were very grumpy, bossy & ankle biters.

Day 19 – UK – FD

Checking in after a long and indulgent holiday. I’m up 1lb at 61.3kg and I’m astonished it wasn’t more. Confident I can shake this off in a week or two with some good fasts and some sensible NFDs.

x

Day 19 – 🇬🇧 FD

Very much needed after a glorious weekend, joined the pocket winos for lots of indulgence in the summer sun – it felt like I was abroad!

I had done rather well towards by Friday – weighed myself another pound and half gone, hurrah!!!! Finally after a plateau all month – today however post-weekend weigh in 2lbs regained – had a fab weekend though 😎 Back on it today – FD & another planned on Wed! June was always going to be challenging, lots planned – will keep trying!!! In the past I would have postponed a diet until after June – but this is not a diet it’s a WOL 😊

Day 19 – London, FD.
    Well, I had a marvellous weekend, although not good for the scales! A friend of mine got tickets for the Queen’s birthday Trooping the Colour – it was so hot I felt forced to drink many bottles of Prosecco afterwards 🙂

Day 19, Germany, FD
    Day 18, NFD
    Day 17,NFD
    Day 16, FD

Yesterday accidentally I discovered a fabulous place near us for sun bathing and swimming. That’s super exciting. So I don’t need to take journeys for summer experince. I just liked to share it with you 🙂

Hope you all have a great day!

@xrox no worries. Weight that comes after holidays goes down quickly after a couple days of fasting.
    @flourbaby I read the news too 🙁

Day 19 – UK – FD

Have added to today’s list started by @debster251 – after my holiday, this is only my second FD for the month and feeling slightly nervous about it.

@rainbowsmile
    @lany36
    @brightonbelle
    @Imrenfrey
    @flourbaby
    @xrox
    @debster251
    @m33
    @endellion
    @tlc2
    @rhubarbbutnocustard
    @schatziii
    @pippapah

Day 19 – UK – NFD

Looks like a few of us were having a good time this past weekend. @tlc2, I like your thinking process, I too normally would have given up or postponed when social things take over, but this WOL definitely lends itself well to keeping in control. It can be frustrating that despite the fast days the scales aren’t moving down at the rate you would like but let’s face it we can’t have it all. Just keep thinking how much we would have gained if we hadn’t done any fast days.

I really wanted to do a fast day today but it is our monthly book club tonight and we take turns to host and it is normally a nice meal and a few glassed of wine. I will fast all day and drive tonight so hopefully it won’t offset my week too badly at all. I know I won’t make my June goal but, I still feel that this WOL is going to be the ‘thing’ that works for me. Life is to be lived and that scenic route to our goals can work just as good as an all or nothing approach. There is more chance we are actually learning something and creating habits that we can always keep in our toolbox for when we get to maintenance.

Day 19, Belfast, NFD
    Day 18, Belfast, NFD
    DAy 17, Belfast, NFD

Wow, the weather in Belfast is hot hot hot! We’ve been spolit all weekend. Barbecues saturday and Sunday. I usually do a FD on Mondays but we have so much salad and meat left over I thought I should do my bit and help eat that today! FD tomorrow.

@xrox – I had the same problem over the Easter holidays…I actually bounced higher than my starting weight. That was a shocker lol ;). But as others have said, it should disappear once you get back into your fast diet routine. @coda posted some great advice a while back, about letting ourselves just enjoy those feasting times (holidays etc). No guilt. No worries. Just get back on the 5:2 wagon once back to reality!

Good luck everyone today.

Day 19– Colorado USA– 800 calorie BSD

Woke up at 3:20 AM, have an early start for work today. On the heels of my Just Do It pledge, I wanted to get in a run & weight lifting before my shower, then out the door by 5:40 AM for work.

Didn’t want to liquid-only Fast with all that exercise plus working on my feet all day, so aiming for 800 calories BSD day. That should be plenty!

Stay strong, crew! We can do this!

@schatziii @belfastsink I hope this is true, thank you for the support. I feel a little ashamed for letting it come back on considering how hard I worked to get it off but I think if I dont let it settle for too long then it should come off easier. I’m already back running and in the gym to make my 3-4 sessions a week.

I really hope I’m back on track quickly….

Day 19 FD country West Australia
    Day 18 NFD
    Day 17 NFD
    Day 16 FD morphed into an NFD. Guessing chips + chocolate + crisps + biscuits do not a FD make!
    And I ate simply because the food was available and I’d made most of it and I couldn’t be bothered NOT eating.
    Just got fed up with being mindful and motivated yada yada yada. So indulged and ate and enjoyed it all.
    And today has been a really good FD with black tea, white tea, peppermint tea, white coffee, black coffee – well only a mouthful because I can’t stand it quite frankly -so more white coffee and lots and lots of water.
    Just off to choir and plan to break my fast some time tomorrow with maybe eggs or a similar protein.

Day 19 – FIN – FD

Awful and disheartening news from London once again. It’s disgusting how people let hate breed more hate and terrorism breed more terrorism.

Pocket list for day 19:

@rainbowsmile
    @lany36
    @brightonbelle
    @lmrenfrey
    @flourbaby
    @xrox
    @debster251
    @m33
    @endellion
    @tlc2
    @rhubarbbutnocustard
    @schatziii
    @pippapah
    @mila69
    @chumi

Day 19 Newcastle UK NFD.

Day 19 – Cumbria UK – NFD

Amazing weather we are experiencing – making the most of it!

Busy weekend – indulgent Saturday but a more controlled Sunday!!!!
    Marshalled at a Fell Race yesterday – such hard work sitting in the sun and doing the timings at the end 😉but someone has to do it…….seriously a thoroughly enjoyable day with great company!

I usually do a FD today but a belated birthday lunch out with a group I volunteer with but it will be a controlled day ready for a FD on Tuesday instead.

Going to try and catch up with the posts from over the last couple of days………

@basyjames – happy holidays…..
    @onahealthyhigh – doing a great job in maintenance – going anywhere special for your holiday? I tend to do 16:8 days on holidays and find that keeps things under control – Have a fab holiday x
    @lagrandebouffe – you are obviously a member of the Pocket Winos…….☺️
    @lindasue – lovely to hear from another maintainer – shows this WOL does work and hope it will give encouragement to others
    @debster251 – 2lb down – great job on a good week
    @fatrabbit – hope the B2B is going well – keep up the rabbit stories – love hearing about their antics! Lucky you with the avocados – love love them
    @pippapah – good to hear you enjoyed your holidays and maintained your weight 💃
    @bert1802 – great stories in your posts recently and you sound happy and in control all round 🤗
    @brightonbelle – welcome back – Sicily is a great place – hope you had a fab holiday there – no worries about the 3lbs they will disappear in no time
    @krisnia and @redrockgirl302 – your posts followed each other and made me smile – great control 😇
    @happymargo – you can do it 🏃‍♀️
    @steve-toon-taxi-driver – press that RESET button and off you go – stay positive
    @xrox – don’t let that 2kg get to you – it will disappear in no time once you get back to your 5:2 WOL!
    @rhubarbbutnocustard – who does not love 🥂in the sunshine

Well I’m off out for my lunch with the girls then a yoga class to look forward to this evening – such a hard life and the sun is shining ☀️

Remember it’s all about creating healthy habits, rather than restrictions!

Day 19 – USA (Illinois) – NFD

So sad to hear of more bad news from London. Prayers for all of you who have to deal with such concerns and terrorism. Living in rural Illinois, our biggest concerns seem to be natural disasters like tornadoes.

Maintaining well and yet having some good eating on my NFD’s. I’m right at 158# (72kg). I continue to come back here for ongoing support that all I have lost needs to stay off. And I do want to encourage anyone who might be struggling (as I would do at times) that this is a very feasible WOL. It is so flexible, healthy, and cheap! We don’t have to buy expensive meals or supplements. Just save money by not eating! Water is dern cheap….

@schatzii — glad you found a nearby lake to enjoy summer there!
    @fatrabbit – love your stories, and yes, who knew that about avocados being only healthy for adults? TV this morning said McDonald’s is even going to start serving guacamole! (not that yours isn’t much better)
    @happymargo – how wonderful you’re on such a positive exercise and eating adventure! Yeah for you! I’ve never been a runner but surely admire anyone who does.

Onward and downward, everyone!

Day 19 – USA – NFD

Day 19…..Florida…..NFD

Finally, made it to date day with the hubby. Since, he works such a funking schedule, we only get one or two days a month where we are together all day. So, we make the best of the days, we do have.

Yesterday, although it’s was a NFD, I don’t think I did to bad. I didn’t break my fast until around 2pm which gave me a 19 solid hours. Would have been longer, but my youngest went grocery shopping with me and we stopped for coffee and donuts afterwards. The only reason that happened was because the meat market was closed. I only grocery shop once a month well, maybe every three weeks but normally on Sat, but since I work Sat., I discovered it not opened.
    So, I’ll be stopping at the market today.

Another plus for the day, is my part for the a/c should be into today. It will be nice to have my kitchen back! Normally on Sundays, I make a homemade dessert as a treat, I had to buy one this week. For the store bought stuff, it wasn’t to bad, but I could tell the boys although they said it was good, they prefer the homemade stuff!

All right, I must be off, the hubby needs help in the garden. Our new herb garden is going in along the fence line and he extended my potato patch a good 3 feet before I was even out of bed. We’re trying to expand our winter yield, so in these hot months, we can plant different hot weather plants. Plus, in less than a month, I’ll be out of my winter veg, I canned. I hate buying veg from the grocery store, all those pesticides make them taste not as good.

Surely, NOT everyone was Kung-fu fighting!

Day 18 Chicago, Illinois USA – NFD
    Day 19 – FD

Day 19 FD
    Yes, more heartbreaking news from London. Prayers for the Muslim community, esp. during this time.
    @taraga Very interesting post and now I want to read about the Tunisian football team. As someone who is fairly active but finds fasting to be a valuable part of my health, I’m interested in how they do it, although I could never do it without fluids! I also appreciate the mindfulness of total health you described as the focus of Ramadan. A mind-body-spirit cleanse.

Had a very non controlled food fest as we went out for a Father’s Day dinner and chocolate torte was jumping on into my mouth (not much because 3 of us shared it and one was my 19 year old well over 6 foot son. When you share food with Jake, you can lean back from the table, stretch, and the food is gone!).

So no eating out today, just controlled eating, lots of teaching and gardening and finally a warm, sunny day, so it looks like a good one!

Day 19, Rocky Mountains, US, BSD800 cals

Hi all,

Had a good weekend, Sat,Sun CDs, indulged in lots of popcorn, different kinds: movie theater popcorn, skinny popcorn and airpopped popcorn. 😅😅😅
    Walking/hiking with the dog early in the morning, got over 20000 steps yesterday.

Today BSD continues and the temperatures are rising continously. Well, folks, it is summer! 😊🌞😊🌞😊

Have a good Monday everyone!
    Upwards and downwards!🌺🌻🌼

Day 20 Tas Australia FD
    Was able to do a water fast today. Hadn’t planned it to be water only but it was so busy and by the time I stopped to think for a minute I decided I may as well go another couple of hours.

Day 19 UK NFD

Back from 2 weeks away and braved the scales this morning. Yikes 5lb up. Input into mfp and the graph has just taken a steep climb. Knew I should have waited till the weekend to weigh in! Still it’s been the birthday celebration for my hubby that seems to have gone on for ages, coupled with Father’s Day yesterday Hey ho, onwards we go. So far today it’s been a handful of strawberries and dinner is salmon with asparagus and a poached egg. Snack of yet more strawberries later. The weather is gorgeous and I’m ironing a fortnights clothing…. Must have drank a gallon of water already. Looking forward to a whoosh(hopefully).

Have a beautiful day everyone.

Day 17 India controlled
    Day 18 controlled
    Day 19 controlled

I have a mouth-throat infection which is very painful 😨 Can’t eat or talk. Wanted to fast today but thought of doing a controlled diet instead. The doctor says its stress induced allergy. Just waiting for this thing to go away.
    I have managed to keep the weight at 68kg. I don’t think there will be any weight reduction this month. 😩

Day 19 – SW WA USA – FD

Beautiful sunny day! Department meeting and preparing for another mtg tomorrow on the horizon today.

Pocket list for day 19:

@rainbowsmile
    @lany36
    @brightonbelle
    @lmrenfrey
    @flourbaby
    @xrox
    @debster251
    @m33
    @endellion
    @tlc2
    @rhubarbbutnocustard
    @schatziii
    @pippapah
    @mila69
    @chumi
    @chitown gal
    @annemarilyn

Enjoy your day! Remember that together we are stronger!

Day 19 Oregon USA FD
    I had a good day yesterday and feel encouraged to do a FD today. I have a dental appointment to have my teeth cleaned so I wont mess them up with food until this evening. 😀

So sorry to hear about more tragedy in London, our world is going wonky.

Love the bunny stories, you paint such a vivid picture.

Pocket list for day 19:
    @rainbowsmile
    @lany36

@brightonbelle

@lmrenfrey
    @flourbaby

@xrox

@debster251

@m33

@endellion

@tlc2

@rhubarbbutnocustard

@schatziii
    @pippapah
    @mila69
    @chumi
    @chitown gal
    @awilson

Day 19 San Diego, CA ☀️NFD
    So sorry about the tragedies in London… Healthy wishes and prayers for all in the tragedies.

Beautiful weather, making the most of it. I had tried posting twice earlier… once before while we were waiting, before we took ✈️ off in the plane to San Diego and … lost connection before it completely posted…
    Luckily I saved it… So I’ll try again.😊

Day 18 Charlotte, NC USA NFD
    I was really good up until my Birthday. On other days I had home made bone broth, vegetable soup, with steak and low carbs… so that went well. On the plane ✈️ to San Diego now😊
    Will check in again, when I can. ☀️

@at
    @flourbaby
    @coda
    @songbirdme @annemarilyn @rainbowsmile
    @califdreamer
    @debster251
    @strawberriesandcream
    @bert1802 @saffy420
    @lindasue @redrockgirl302
    @metatauta
    @snowflake56 Thank-you for the wonderful Birthday wishes.

@strawberriesandcream You are so close to your target! ✨✨🎉🎉Very Happy for you!✨
    @lindasue I reply okeydokey artichokey to my son, he always smiles and laughs😊
    @krisnia stay the course… You got this!✨
    @flourbaby I did get a lot of compliments…😊 Honestly, at first my sister had to take a 2nd look, she didn’t recognize me… later she said, I must have lost 50lbs… in reality it was 25, but I was happy to take the compliments.😊

The majority of our days have been veggies and protein…my Birthday and Father’s Day were definitely FUN DAYS 🥂 But knowing our group is here has helped prevent me from straying to far into Carb and sugar land, so far. 🤞keeping fingers crossed.✨
    I am looking forward to catching up with our group!
    ✨Staying Strong with a bit of adaptability and flexibility✨

Day 19 Post 1 Huntingdon UK FD

…. very hot here today … but think I find it easier not eating in the heat
    Good to have a quick look through posts and see how everyone else is doing
    Best wishes and determination to all.

Day 19: Gloucestershire, UK NFD
    I can’t do this fasting at the moment. Sorry all.

Day 29, Gozo Malta, fd

I’m fasting at around 700 calories.

Thanks AnneMarilyn.

Day 19 California USA FD

It’s already hot here today and getting hotter. Predicted temp of 40.5 C today. Last night we had a 3 hour power failure, something not too common in our area. Luckily it was after the sun went down.

FD today going well so far. I’ve been hovering around 67 kg and need to see some movement downward!

Pocket list for day 19:
    @rainbowsmile
    @lany36

@brightonbelle

@lmrenfrey
    @flourbaby

@xrox

@debster251

@m33

@endellion

@tlc2

@rhubarbbutnocustard

@schatziii
    @pippapah
    @mila69
    @chumi
    @chitown gal
    @awilson
    @califdreamer

2nd post

@yolina – enjoy your book club – such a great excuse to get together!! Really liked your suggestion of this WOL preparing us for when we do reach maintenance, even if we do take the scenic route 😊

@stevetoontaxidriver – how did your charity event go?? A scorcher for you driving and those hill walking – hope everyone was ok?!? A very good cause, a 2lb weight gain is considered saintly in the circumstances 😀

Day 18–NFD
    Day 19 FD

Well, completely gorged myself last night so using today to reset. I just can’t pack it away like I could a few months ago, but that’s alright. Lesson learned.

I think there is a correlation between carb/sugar consumption and sleep. Because I was doing okay this week while under control, but last night after the extreme pumpkin mousse/tortilla chips & queso, er ‘event,’ had a restless night. Another lesson learned, darn it.

The temp is high, pressure low today so I have developed another migraine. Last one lasted 5 days and then I went to the doctor and got a shot of something and a new prescription. I really hope the medicine works this time.

I saw on the news about the heat wave over Britain. Stay hydrated, everyone!

Day 19- Montreal- FD

Day 19 – USA – NFD

@keetseel, have you ever considered LCHF or ketogenic diet? There is plenty of info on the Internet about it (stick with the doctors’ versions – some of them are a little whacky on YouTube). There are lots of recipes for carb/sugar substitutes and I’ve tried quite a few of them. The biggest takeaway is: when you eat healthy fat and low carbs, you burn the fat and not the glucose from carbs. It is one of the most sustainable diets I’ve ever encountered, mostly because you will never be hungry.

Day 20 – NZ – NFD

@keetseel pure peppermint oil is great for migranes. Rub a drop on each temple. If you are sensitive to hot oils, mix a little carrier oil with it before applying. Good carriers are non hydrogenated coconut oil, sesame seed oil, grape see oil and olive oil.

Day 19, USA, Missouri Ozarks, FD

Hello all, still maintaining but Lord knows how. Yesterday (Father’s Day was a food fest of (in no particular order) coconut cream pie, hot dogs, potato salad, baked beans, BBQ ribs, potato chips, strawberry shortcake, vanilla bean ice cream (with homemade chocolate crackle topping – two cups chocolate chips (or other chip of choice) melted with 1/4 cup coconut oil – store in airtight container at room temperature – more coconut cream pie – STOP THE MADNESS ! Okay, I didn’t really eat all of this but it was all served and I got rather sick just looking at it all.

SO glad to be back on a water fast day !

UK Glasvegas Day 19 FD
    Up at 4am my back is being @#**! Im confident it ll calm down with magic pills from my gp and some gool ole movement. Dead tired but FD as such is splendid. It took good couple of weeks this time round to feel good when fasting. Will make attempt at sqeezing 3 fasts plus a wee 24 this and next week to make up for last week.
    I bought magical soy protein powder and it might just enable me to execute my wee plan. Last time I bought one it was rank. Different company and it tastes amazing i.e it tastes of nothing at all and can be mixed with anything. My zoats tomorrow will get fancy upgrade 😆.

@fatrabbit moar rabbit bunny stories please you are awesome and I totally got jealous when you mentioned all those avocados and guacamole.

Day 19 FD St. Louis MO
    Doing B2B fasting today 500 and tomorrow 800

Best of luck all.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,301 through 1,350 (of 1,895 total)

You must be logged in to reply.