HELP! All ladies of a 'certain age'-please respond

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
HELP! All ladies of a 'certain age'-please respond

This topic contains 7,289 replies, has 660 voices, and was last updated by  Opal Shine 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,901 through 4,950 (of 7,330 total)

• Hi Ginette

I was busy writing my own post so didn’t see yours until mine went up. I must say I feel a lot better having read yours and Milena’s posts. Before them I was just going to walk away from this forum (having followed it for a long time). If we are going to criticise and not support and help in any way we can, then this wasn’t the forum for me.

So thanks both, I’ll ‘lurk’ a bit longer . . . ๐Ÿ™‚

Slimmersylv

Hi Sylv

Some positive things about fasting apart from the health benefits are the fact that fasting makes us eat more healthily. I haven’t tried to apart from the past 4 weeks on FBD as I am supporting friends on it. I myself am a believer that the food we line can help us maintain this WOL. Before FBD I have always included those treats. I know that I automatically didn’t feel that I needed or wanted all of the carbs that I wanted before. I did however feel that I needed the vegetable and a little fruit.

Calories are a good way to keep an eye on what you eat. It probably took me a few weeks to change what my mind wanted to more foods that my body needed.

I really believe that a bit of what you want does the spirit good and helps you to stay on track.

Jaye is really well meaning although I agree that she does come over a little strongly at times. I have mentioned this is a previous post. There are many I feel would be worried to write about the things that the eat for fear of condemnation from anybody. This should not be the case and I hope does not disencourage people. We all have things we shouldn’t look at me. I had a wedding yesterday the meal was delicious but not enough for a day. We came back at late and about 8pm were just heading for a long drive home. One of the party fancied some chips and as we were walking past a chip shop well I thought I would have some as well. We asked for them open as we wanted to eat them then and I also know they don’t pile as many on. I only ate half of them but they were really nice. I haven’t had fish shop chips for weeks.

The fact was I knew this was a day out out as it was a wedding. All of the food was healthy apart from dessert and petit fours, both of which were small. I enjoyed the day and so finished it off nicely. I was happy to only eat half of the portion as this was how much I wanted and didn’t restrict myself.

Today I have had a slice of granary with 100gm of baked beans and an egg, also a kiwi Again this is what I wanted and I know I will only want a small amount tonight.

I also had yesterday 1/4 glass of wine, two reasons. Firstly to toast the happy couple and secondly that 12 hours later I was driving and I really don’t believe in drinking and driving so this was an exception for me. It certainly would have been very little alchohol in my blood stream. The tiredness was probably worse for me. Luckily my final drive was about 8 miles and mostly motorway so I took it really easy.

Jaye wants to lose weight for health benefits and she is strict with herself, sometimes she comes across the wrong way. Well done on saying what you think though and please don’t let it put you off.

Ginette

Hi Slimmersylv, I hope you don’t lurk, post away. We are all different.

I don’t count calories, no way, life is too short. I eat and drink what I want not what someone tells me.

One day a week I have around 350 calories, ie, very little, mainly because I am very little, 5’2″. Another day I have liquids only, because I want to. Then on 5 days I eat and drink whatever I want. Yesterday I had the most delicious cake made by our lovely neighbour. Today I have had chocolate ice-cream and we are now going to have BBQ burger and chips for tea, photo could be on FB later, if I don’t have too much wine ๐Ÿ™‚

I have lost 27lbs and I am now an unbelievable 8st 13lbs!! I think cutting out bread and sugary drinks have been the main reason for my loss, and I haven’t missed them one bit. My burger will be wrapped in a lettuce leaf, not a stodgy bun.

We can only do what works for us and share our journey to hopefully help others.

Must get those chips in the oven!

Hi Nemum

A bit concerned about you I hope you are ok.

Ginette

Hi Sylv

Yes I was posting as well and missed yours. Please carry on posting we want to encourage you and also get encouragement. I hope you do. This forum needs a balance of people and those who count/don’t count calories is a good mixture.

We all find our own ways. We normally all succeed some quicker than others some slower. Some people want to lose weight quickly some more slowly. Each person is an individual but we are all working towards a common goal to lose weight and get healthier. Any amount of loss helps us and even without this the benefits of fasting really improve health. Looks like win win to me.

I want both and I have managed this so far, I have just have bloods done 10 days ago and I am seeing my the doctor on Tuesday so hopefully that will bring good news. I feel mentally better as well after 4 months of fasting.

Hi Applepie

Enjoy dinner, you deserve it.

Ginette

Ah bless you Ginette and Applepie!

Applepie you do make me laugh! Good on yer! I would love to be able to eat more, but have restricted for sooooo long, low carbs (can’t do no carbs as when I do then eat any carb at all I get terrific cramp); very low sugar; very, very few processed foods; if I eat anywhere near a ‘normal’ diet, I immediately gain. I saw a professional dietician a couple of years ago and she said my body had got used to ‘starvation mode’ and I had to eat a balanced diet of carbs, protein and veg, etc, with little desserts, twice a day with a good breakfast. I did, and over the following four weeks, gained 12 pounds! She said I had to continue and eventually I would start to lose it, but I was so afraid of getting bigger and bigger (knowing how hard it was to lose it again) that I just couldn’t go on with it. After all, I had gone to her in desperation at my biggest to start with!!

I am just really hoping I can get down to my desired weight and then maintain by doing the 5:2 and eating a relatively ‘normal’ diet the rest of the time. I did get to my perfect weight a few years back and maintained it for almost 3 years, but then got breast cancer and, literally, ate my way through it! Ever since then I have been trying to lose it all again. But age and medication don’t help!

But I am hopeful this time!

I’m just going to keep on keeping on!

Thanks both.

Good luck and a lovely weekend all!

Slimmersylv

Right, everyone has had there say, air cleared, all friends now I hope, dunno about the rest of you but Applepie is on my fridge door!!!! Enjoy the burger, and the wine, lass!

So lets get back to the really important stuff – well there is always Scottish politics but that really is too depressing – never mind SNP, we need to tackle SRP, skin reducing plan. Notes please Applepie, you ARE now comfy in your skin, how are you finding it, have you done anything? Showed OH your photo the other day, you got a WOW and some lovely comments.

We WILL all get there, so now is the time for ideas – I read an article yesterday, ยฃ5k and about the same to sort out sagging boobs.

I haven’t given a thought to tackle droopy boobs, though spaniels eyes were a passing thought. Of to buy some stretch mark cream, any ideas of a good brand, don’t actually have stretch marks but preventative measures.

So my question on is, anyone know a good surgeon and can I get EU funding????

Hi Sylv

Yes putting on this much would make me panic. You have done brillianty despite your health problems and the mental strain that must have been enormous.

It is important to build up self esteem in all people. Some need it more. I loved the fact that I was in control of this part of my life, as I am not in others.

Yes Applepie has done brilliantly and is not far from target. We all one day have to learn how to maintain, I am so far away it’s not a problem for me at the moment. I just think that I am closer that I was at the start by nearly three stone so that to me is a result. That is exactly 39lbs or 18kg.

Ginette

Hi Milena

No idea on all of these. How are you doing??

Ginette

Hi Slimmerslv,

all I can suggest is cut up your target into smaller segments, works for me. And weigh by all means, but IGNORE anything upwards, only acknowledge downs.

Where abouts in France are you?

H Sylv

I didn’t know you were in France. I must have missed that bit. I would be interested to know as well. I only do 1/2 stone targets. Did you have your hospital treatment in France?

Ginette

Wow Ginette, you a real loser – bet you’re thrilled!!! Well Im thrilled for you, doing ok. Steady eddy as usual. Cooking pulled pork today, tomorrow pulled pork and chilli wraps for son. Think tomorrow might be a one meal day. Or a waterfadt on Monday.

Two weeks on Monday, sparkly wine and snacks night planned, the snacks are going to be raspberry and classic magnums. Just Nessie and me.

On a fast day, apparently. Cant believe how excited I am!!!!

Cant believe Im telling everyone, and thus confirming Im completely cuckoo!!!

Hi Milena

I too am looking forward to trying those raspberry magnums. Not on Manday though. I shall still fast ans usual Monday and Wednesday as it is etched in my brain.

Milena that is my weight from pre fast days as well. I had it recorded from when I saw my trainer last May so take a stone off and that is my fast diet amounts.

The first part was much slower a stone from May to January. So that is why I am just pleased to lose 4-7lbs a month now. I would be happy at 4/5 on normal fast diet but expect to lose a little more on FBD. You have to have some compensation for cutting out treats.

I tried to call you earlier, you must have been busy.

Ginette

Hi Ginette,

working, tried you on a tea break. Reading posts while loading pics, will call tomorrow or might try later.

This will be Monday at end of FBD, Nessie is on holiday ftom Tuesday, so I have to give up my fast day to accommodate, so nice of me teeeheee. Will just fast Sunday cos Im a secret goody two shoes!

You really are doingso well, I realised it was in total, but its the same loss, blummin awesome!

Re my hubby’s remarks re Appliepie, just got dressed (I know, super lazy) asked him about my ‘mummy tummy’ could he see any reduction. ‘Aye, certainly can, it was beginning to look really gruesome, truly awful’.

Remind me to never ask him if my bum looks big in this!!!

Hi Milena

Well yesterday I wore a jacket that I hadn’t worn in months. It wouldn’t do up before by about 6 inches. Now it does and is a little loose although comfortable loose. It makes me realise how much I am shrinking. I am holding off measuring until the end of FBD.

I have had a fairy light day food wise. Egg and beans on one slice of toast for lunch and then the same for dinner but with a naive slice of French ham. I get this from Aldi. I had to use a tin of beans up that I had opened a couple of days ago. I know I won’t eat it tomorrow or Monday so Tuesday seemed too long. Apart from that I have had a kiwi and will go and find myself a yoghurt later so good food day and eating just what I fancy. I have also had two Brazil’s.

I won’t be asking him any leading questions then.

I thought you were working. I’m not planning on going out. So maybe speak then. I need to do some housework tomorrow, but for today gave it a miss!!

Ginette

Hi Ginette

Thank you for your concern.
    I’m still here and still on 5:2, that’s been 5 weeks and only missed 1 fast day.
    I’ve just been reading the last few posts and must admit I’m with applepie. Life is too short to calorie count (NFD).
    This is what I don’t get; I have been 18.5 stones for about 3 years, admittedly way heavier than I should be even for my 5’9 but obviously the exercise and diet I was doing was maintaining me there. So to 5:2 and 9 fast in. By my reckoning that’s about 18,000 calories I have restricted myself over 5 weeks. So nobody should be telling me that I have not done enough on NFD because the 18,000 calories down should be enough to lose.
    I take on board that everyone is using 5:2 differently but for those that restricting NFD to 1000 – 1200 then you would be losing body weight anyway, fasting or not.
    L

Hi Nemum

Thanks for posting. What you have to remember though is that Apple pie had changed food and drink habit since starting. She also has lost 27lbs and is near target so she can afford to relax. The meal she is talking about wasn’t her usual meal on every NFD.

The fasting gives you health benefits and if you listen to your body it tends to make you less likely to crave certain foods. Alcohol and refined carbs and lots of treats sadly work against this. I am pleased that you haven’t gained and this is a bonus. My thoughts are if on NFD’s you cut down by half the foods that you know are not good for you, you will lose a little weight.

I do not mean to tell you what to eat as the choice is yours. I only mean to try and help and encourage you. It is still nice to see you here and I will still keep supporting you all I can. Just don’t take my advice the wrong way as I know what a struggle it can be as I have struggled for years. I have been overweight for most of the time in 40 + years.

What I am doing is working for me. Listening to the people helps and also helping and encouraging them helps me. I hope you don’t have any health problems but I have a knee problem although mostly under control it plays up sometimes. Also my biggest problem is my blood pressure. A lot of this is stress related as well as linked with weight and lack of exercise. Now I am doing something about my weight and my exercise levels, I have started doing things to lessen the stress. I say this not for sympathy but that you can understand where I am coming from and why. I never thought I would have blood pressure, even when I was overweight. It started after the death of someone close to me 9 years ago and has got worse since.

I find myself less able to deal with these things. I need to find ways of coping and this is my aim. Any bad habits you have are passing to your daughter as I picked up mine from my grandparents and parents. To lead by example not through words is the best way. Words to family are nagging to children can cause damage as you don’t want them to think of any foods as bad. There are too many children now too concious about what they are eating and I read so often about eating problems like anorexia in such young children.

I hope you can take this in the way it is meant.

Keep posting.

Ginette

Oh Ginette sweetie
    My rant was by no means directed at you. You are nothing but supportive to all on here, and I thank you for that.
    It was just a rant.
    I too have knee problems, just over a year ago I had a car crash me and my 9 year old son were lucky to have come out alive and although all I broke was ribs i came out of it quite well but it has left me in constant pain with my right knee and almost a constant limp, which I hate. So I totally sympathise with you.
    Rant over i’ll play nice now
    L

Hi Nemum

Bless you for that. I am so sorry to hear about your accident. Have you seen someone for you knee. Maybe physio would help. I have the most brilliant osteopath. He won’t rip people off and is loath to touch anybody that he thinks needs another type of help. Straight to the point. I saw one before him who was trying to book me in once a week Indefinitely, I didn’t think she was very professional as she talked about past boyfriend problems in my first and last visit. He was recommended to me, I saw him once and he diagnosed a frozen shoulder he talked about the different stages of this and although he had put a few minor things right suggested I get a cortisone injection. But only one because it causes weakness and if it is abused could cause the shoulder to tear. I followed his advice. He didn’t want to make another appointment but suggested that I would know when I needed help as it takes time and now amount of manual tigon can help in the early stages only in tge later stages.

Sure enough. This was the case and I have absolute faith in him as he said he didn’t want me to waste my money in the early stages for almost no benefit. What a caring, genuine man.

But now as you are healing maybe physio will help. It is worth a try.

Is your son ok or did he sustain any injuries?

I don’t blame anybody for having a rant now and again as long as it isn’t against people unless they have really good reason. Listen to the positive people and ignore the negative comments, they will only pull you down.

Ginette

Ginette
    I’m glad you found a good practitioner, I’ve had a couple of bad experiences with dodgy ones for other ailments and they are so expensive. My doctor is of no help, I had an MRI scan which apparently showed nothing wrong, I had a series of nhs physio appointments and her gem of wisdom was “stop limping” duh it hurts. I should go back and hassle them some more. But I know losing weight would help. I went for a mile walk this morning while little M was at swimming club, my it felt good, but its madw me really sore now. Thanks for asking about my son, little M had a tiny scratch on his neck after the crash but mentally he was shook up for months, but fine now.
    L

Ginette you are so right as always, I don’t eat like that everyday. I also compensate with very low calorie breakfasts and dinners, not that I am counting, it is just the way I prefer to eat. Today breakfast is half a pot of full fat Greek yogurt with blueberries and half a small chopped banana. I only eat full fat stuff.

Has anyone tried eating a burger in a lettuce leaf? it’s not easy, but is delicious.I did have a tiny bit too much wine last night but photos are there now.

It is one of our neighbours 60th birthday today. I can’t wait to see her today. Unknown to her, her husband arranged for 6 of her friends and family to fly out last night, they made their appearance at a local Chinese restaurant, she must have been gobsmacked!! She is hosting a big buffet this afternoon, which I intend to enjoy. Memories are made of this.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone x

Milena on the skin issue. I don’t think I am much help. I sometimes catch myself in the mirror in a certain light and think WHAT!!! I am hoping my skin will tighten up in time, who am I kidding?

When we go to the beach I cover myself head to foot in coconut oil and hope I don’t meet anyone who knows me. Apart from that I do use a dry skin moisturiser. I know exactly where you are coming from re puppy dogs ears. What can we do? It’s still better than all that fat though.

Hi Applepie

I have read that skin can tighten more over time. Let’s hope this is right. I am sure that I will have this problem. I still have a lot of fat filling it at the moment……..sigh

I am really pleased as I have lost 2lbs this week even with the wedding. I hope you enjoyed dinner yesterday.

I had some muesli and youghurt yesterday for dessert. The jury’s still out on that. I also have the nutty one. It is something I fancy from time to time. I always have this as part of my breakfast on the ferry to France. I also have ham and boiled egg and melon and youghurt. Oh there I go thinking about food again!!

Ginette

WEIGHT LOSS!
    Yeah!!
    2lb

Hi Nemum

well done!!!!! That is brilliant!!! Congratulations!!!!

I think you can tell how extremely pleased for you. It will really help your resolve to continue.

Onwards and downwards……

You just caught be as I was about to go out, but I had to reply.

A bet you feel fastastic. Well Deserved!

Ginette

Hi ladies,

I am back from my travels, gave been on scales no change up or down oh well try and try again.

Ginette I am joining you and fasting Monday and Wednesday this week.

Sylv, welcome to the group

Nemum well done 2lb fantastic.

Applepie, wish I could stop calorie counting but I am obsessed with it.

Milena, hope you haven’t tortured any more veg this weekend.

Keep in touch

Audrey

Hi Audrey

Lovely to have you back, having a calm weekend, about to make some chilli. Learned that going to bed with a munk on, rather than visiting the kitchen, is the way to go!!!

Though there is the odd squeak from the veg drawer when I go in there!

Hi Audrey

Well done on the pound you found that you had lost.

Milena

That squeak that tou hear is fear. Sing to them and they will know that you have calmed down.

Ginette

Hi milena

I made a rather good chilli using turjey mince, it was very low calorie by the time I had added all the veg to it, it came out at around 100 kcal per portion was rather nice with the bare naked rice too!

Glad you are having a better weekend this week

Ginnett I am trying the game later will let you know how I get on

Audrey

Thanks Ginette,

It really has given me the boost I need.
    Have you gone anywhere nice, we’re heading to a field to throw a discus with little M and Big H … really I would prefer to weed the garden and iron clothes for tomorrow, but my boys need to throw stuff.

L

Hi Nemum

Only to Argos to pick up a lamp which is exactly the same of my old one. Strangely the metal base and the tall bit stopped meeting as the bottom of the tall bit expanded. I had this a few years ago and really liked the style so got the same one again. I managed to wedge it on very insucurely and put it in a corner…….the cat just brushed by it and knocked the whole thing over (not his fault) ……he looked terrified. The new bulb came out and the top fitting which left loose wires hanging out. The shade went 4 feet into the room and landed on the carpet so not broken.

Some good points were I could have fixed wiring but what was the point as it would probably happen again, the shade remaining intact meant that I didn’t have to deal with a load of glass. I also could give this to my stepmum as she has the same lamp but with a broken shade as my sons dog tried to get a ball out from behind hers and knocked it over breaking the shade. Everybody happy! Also I got 20% off so it was only a little more expensive than last time.

I bet you are sorry you asked now…..

Have a good week.

Ginette

Hi All

Just a very quick one, as I am sorting and packing ready to go to the UK for my daughter’s hen weekend. Bound to be a weekend of debauchery, eating and drinking. Can’t be helped, but will do some damage limitation up to the weekend and after and hope it won’t be toooo bad!

Well done Nemum for sticking to it.

Thanks for the welcome Audrey (I was actually on this site quite a bit a while ago) but it’s nice to be welcomed back.

Ginette and Milena
    I am in the Limousin region. I have an old water mill here. It’s lovely and tranquil, but lots of work!

I had the treatment for the breast cancer in the UK, Bedford Hospital and then Addenbrookes. For the very most part I had excellent, really faultless, care. Then I came here to recuperate.

I won’t be around for a couple of weeks now. So I’ll wish you all good luck and continued success and will catch up again on my return at the beginning of June.

Best wishes all
    Slimmersylv

Hi ladies,

I enjoy reading all your posts. Living in USA, it is very cool to hear about travels to France, etc!

Anyhow, no weight loss for me last week ๐Ÿ™ Started my fitness pal again last week… surprised how much fat I eat onmy nfd’s. Need to work on that.

Does anyone do the h.i.t. exercise? I have been doing the eliptical three times a week for 30 minutes with 4 30 second bursts going as hard as I can. Been at it for about 2 months. Can tell I am getting stronger…

Gonna fast Tues and Fri this week. Good luck to you all!

Unathecat

Hi Sylv

I go to Brittany only about half an hour away from Roscoff and about two and a half hours from St Malo. I only have a short trip to Portsmouth Ferryport or a long one to Plymouth. Sometimes I go one way and come back the other.

My uncle who was French had fantastic care in France and he had a lung removed. He lived for many years after about 30 years. I go to what used to be the family home over there. It is a lovely spot in the middle of the countryside, and I can see the sea out of the first floor window. We are in a dip.

I try to keep the garden up together.

Hi Una

I tried hiit but I do quite a bit of exercise that involves getting out of breath. I am trying to tone up as I have a lot of weight to lose. I hear it is Memorial Day next week and you have a day off. France does this on November 1st. England we don’t get any days off for anything like this.

It’s good that you can feel benefits from what you are doing. I have enough time to do what I am doing, but may consider this is the future.

Ah yes….it is easy to forget how much we are eating, I started the fast beach diet four weeks ago only two to go now, for this I decided to count and I also found it surprising how little I ate when I cut out certain foods. I have still had some kind of event nearly every week, but I have lost more than on 5:2 even though it is really 5:2 just stricter NFDs.

I just needed to kickstart again as I had two weeks over Easter with two much indulgence. I did still manage to lose 1/2 a week but I didn’t want a third like this. I have lost on fast beach 3,5,1 and 2lbs. My aim is always 1-2 lbs a week. So I’m really pleased with that. Considering that I was already 3 months into the diet that was really good.

How are you doing weight wise?

Ginette

Hi all,

My 10th fast day and I thought I’d blown it all.
    I am coming to realise that I do a lot of mindless eating, tonight I came home from work and feeling a little peckish I opened the fridge and without thinking I had consumed a Babybel. I panicked until I checked the internet and it’s only 60 calories. I’ve just readjusted my tea; instead of savoury rice with a piece of fish, I’ve made coleslaw (oh but the red onion was spicy). And I’ve still got 33 calories left.

Does anyone else do mindless eating?

L

NEMUM

I do that all the time, I also find it difficult when I start eating to stop, are you the same?

Glad it’s going ok, I am at under 400 kcal today so a good fast day for me too, sounds like we are all having a good day today

Audrey

Hi Nemum

I used to not any more. I did have a midget gem yesterday though….about 8 calories what a rebel! I stopped at the one mind!

Well done for adjusting though. You will find yourself doing less.

Glad today’s going well. As you see both Audrey and I are fasting. My next day is Wednesday.

Ginette

Ginette and Audrey,

Glad I’m not the only one to do mindless eating, makes me feel better.

Monday must be a good day to fast, my next one is Thursday.
    I’m pleasantly surprised by how little a Babybel is, so I might have that again on a fast day and today has now turned into a low carb day as well as a fast one.

Now I’ve just put on more clothes to combat the fast day evening chills.

Happy fasting ladies

L

Hi Nemum

You are really into it now, I’m really pleased as I can stop worrying so much about you now……but not completely. Low carbs as well is a real bonus. It does make a difference to cravings. I hardly ever have carbs on a fast day, I find that it really changes the NFDs way of eating as well.

Ginette

Morning ladies

I hope we are all well.

NeMum well done on a successful fast day I too suffer from cold on a fast day so much so I lit the log fire yesterday!

I didn’t manage the liquid only day but will try again, but I did do a 400 kcal fast day so I am happy with that.

I have lost 1.5 lb this week this is .5 overall because I had a gain week before.

I am really pleased with this only a few weeks now to daughters wedding so getting very excited now.

Have a good day fasting or feasting

Audrey

Hi All

Before I answer all I need to post this link that I got from another thread. The thread was for people with diabetes โ€“ if we think we struggle you should see the struggle they have.

This is about aspartame and the studies they have done on it.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/12/23/artificial-sweeteners-confuse-body.aspx

Extract below:

โ€œAspartame and other artificial sweeteners are primarily promoted to diabetics and those concerned about their weight. This despite the fact that artificial sweeteners have repeatedly been shown to produce the exact opposite effects:

Research shows that aspartame worsens insulin sensitivity to a greater degree than sugar
    Artificial sweeteners have also been found to promote weight gain, in more ways than one
    Over time, artificial sweeteners have also crept into a wide variety of products not directly targeting diabetics and dieters.โ€

It also shows studies from 1986 where a large amount of people were tested. I hope the UK newspapers highlight this. So many people drink diet drinks which contain these thinking they are helpful. It is worth reading to the end.

Sorry, I am posting this on multiple threads but it is such an important issue, espricially with Pepsi being in the news.

Hi Audrey, posted to you on another thread.

Ginette

Yes Gineete

Aspatame is evil, it permanently damages our central nervous system. This us bad enough in adults but SO harmful in children where their neural pathways are just developing.
    Also its linked to depression.
    I’d rather have the sugar.
    Years ago there used to be a choice when buying calpol – sugar or sugar free (the latter having aspartame) and the disapproving looks I got from the chemist when I requested the sugar one. Now however I can’t even find the sugar type … makws me cross that we are being encouraged ro feed this poison to our children as the healthy option.

Well brought up Ginnete
    L

Thanks Nemum

How has your day been? Have you got into a patter on NFDs ?

I avoided lots of pitfalls today, I was offered some chocolate cake and 2 mini chocolate bars, I refused. I can feel my halo glowing. It is a NFD for me today but as I am on FBD I have to give up all sorts of goodies for a 6 week period. About a week and 3/4 to go now. So not long. I did it to cure myself of excessive treats. I never put on weight but I slowed right down.

Now the loss has really speeded up thankfully.

Ginette

Hello All

I am back from a wonderful long weekend (for English Canadians, the third Monday of May is the Victoria Day holiday, those in Quebec call it Jour des Patriotes). I ate and drank to my heart’s content, knowing that I intended to climb back on the wagon today.

My regular FD’s are Tuesday and Thursday, and today, so far so good only 350 calories consumed so far. I know I will make it through today with no problems (I’m saving my bowl of salad for a little bit later).

I had gotten within 4 lbs of my target weight when everything went to pot. I don’t want to weight myself until I have 4 FD’s under my belt, but I am pretty sure that I didn’t regain all the weight at least. I can still get into the skinny jeans I bought when I reached 132 lbs – albeit they are now a tiny bit tight – which is encouraging.

For the 5 weeks leading up to today, I had a busy, busy, busy schedule. Now that I am not so busy and am not eating so irregularly, it is so much easier to get my resolve back – The show is over , the weather has finally improved and I am less fatigued, so I am back to my regular spring/summer/fall lunch time walk. This includes going up the mountain (right behind the hospital where I work), over to the infamous Peel Stairs (300 stairs) up and down those twice then back down the mountain and return to work. It feels good to be doing cardio again!

Now on to saggy skin and droopy boobs. Whenever I previously lost a significant amount of weight there was no sag. The last time, I lost 40 lb with no sag but I was also 11 years younger. This time there is a lot of jiggly flesh and I now own boobs that are floor gazers instead of star gazers LOL. I have always been a water drinker (left over from running days) and I pile on the body cream as well so I am taking all the recommended steps that I cabn.

I know that this time, age is playing a part and I have accepted that, but I am fighting back as best I can. I now have a proper weight bench at home and am working with a trainer at the Gym to get 2 routines (upper body, lower body) that I can comfortably do at home. I’m probably stuck with the floor gazers, but hopefully they will recede a little from the current close proximity to my waist. In the end it is as one of you said – better slimmer and healthier with some jiggly flesh than the alternative.

I am going to keep posting – the feedback is so helpful. It is lovely to read all the encouragement that you give each other here, and nice to see that even when feathers get ruffled, the issues get resolved.

Cheers for now.

Hi DJ

Mind if I call you that….the numbers get complicated to remember. Now you are back, you are more likely to be in a routine.

I love the stargazing and floor watching bit…..sadly true…

Yes I am hoping that I won’t have vast amounts of lose skin. I expect some as I had 9 stone to lose and still have 6. I am exercising to tone up.

Tummy feels a bit more squidgy now. I can actually feel my stomach muscles though and I can move them!! A real plus point.

I try to exercise between one and a half and two hours a week. I hope soon this will go up by half an hour.

That is from none so I feel pleased to have got there. I have a dodgy knee so have to take things easy and build up slowly.

I have family in Canada and I know that they would have enjoyed the celebrations.

Good luck on getting back into routine. I have a fast day today.

Ginette

DJ

A lot of us are on the mid fifties thread, take a look there.

Ginette

DJ

I haven’t had stargazers for a very long time. Good luck with saggy skin prevention.
    But being lighter with saggy skin seems a better alternative to being heavy.

L

I’ve been so naughty today and temptation got the better of me. We had a buffet lunch at work today, so we could all mingle with some prospective employees. It was too much for me, and after nibbling on some cucumber and carrot sticks, I got stuck in to coronation chicken sandwiches, corned beef pie and strawberry jam topped scones. So I’m glad it’s fast day tomorrow.
    And this is after losing another 2lb this morning, yes another 2lb. So 4lb in total.
    Need to bring in back. I’m still adamant that I’m not calorie counting on NFD but I have been really looking at what I’m eating and for the first time in ages, I’m wanting to be good (apart from today’s pig out that is)

L

Hi Nemum

Yes agree with you there. If I get to target….or I should say when I will feel so slim.

It may take me a year or to and I will keep plodding on. It is made easier my the forum. I say things here I wouldn’t dream of saying anywhere else. I had never told anyone my weight until this forum. Now I feel quite proud of where I have come from. There is so much help on here. You are probably too young to join mid fifties but there is also fat bustin Brits that a lot of us are also on.

Are you fasting today?

Ginette

Hi Nemum

Our posts must have crossed.

Are you weighing once a week or is this part of a week. I am so pleased that the loss is showing up. You can cope with a day like today and tomorrow put it behind you.

Don’t worry too much about it. As long as you get back to fasting and then good NFDs you will be able to take it in your stride.

Ginette

Viewing 50 posts - 4,901 through 4,950 (of 7,330 total)

You must be logged in to reply.