HELP! All ladies of a 'certain age'-please respond

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
HELP! All ladies of a 'certain age'-please respond

This topic contains 7,289 replies, has 660 voices, and was last updated by  Opal Shine 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,951 through 5,000 (of 7,330 total)

• Hi ladies,

Nemum, don’t despair put today behind you and start again we all fall of the wagon from time to time, the food sounded yummy.

Ginette, what have you got me into I was on the wii for 100 mins today, I am now just past holland! This game is seriously addictive but I love it. Who knew I could salsa or meringe I probably look like a fish flapping about out of the water but if is great exercise and my hips are certainly moving!

I am fasting today and fighting off the urge to pick so I may go back on the wii again later unless something else distracts me.

Audrey

Hi Audrey

Well let me stop myself from laughing…….I did say it was addictive after a while. I even like the music, it helps to exercise to a beat.

I am having a day off to give my knee a break.

I shall soon be back on it as you are now challenging me and I know you will overtake as some point but I also find it encourages me to do that little bit more.

I’m glad you like it. It is well worth the money, don’t you think?

Well I’m off to get bacon now …….

Ginette

I have been doing 5\2 diet for over a year, I lost about 3kgs to start but gained it back when I got a reflux problem and was sick for 3 months im back on the 5\2 and have been for about a month and haven’t lost a thing.It seems when I weigh myself on the morning of the fast which is mon and thur I lose about 500grms but I just keep putting it back on so in the last month iv lost nothing.

Hi ladies,

Congrats Ginette on steady weight loss with fbd! Yes, it’s true we have Memorial day off on May 25. Interesting to hear France has their day on Nov 1 and nothing for England. Just watched the Imitation game about breaking in the enigma code in ww2. Very moving. I also read your post about aspartame. I have an awful addiction to diet cherry coke. Ugh. I got off it for 6 months but could not stop thinking about it. I limit myself to one or 2 a day now and don’t keep it in the house.

NO weight loss for me. Boo 🙁 I have another fast day on Friday so maybe Sat am weight will be better. I notice I have big swings in water weight.

It’s inspiring to read all your posts.

UNATHECAT

Hi Keeleey

Welcome to the thread. There is someone on here you should meet Nemum where are you??

There are a number of things. Are you eating too much on NFD’s? I use my fitness pal app. In there I put what weight I would like to be and that I would like to lose 1 lb a week and it told my my calorie allowance. This was at odds with this site tracker by about 500 calories less.

The other thing is are you underestimating the amount that you say if you are roughly working our calories? I prefer not to count as I don’t want to spend the rest of my life counting. I did however start counting for about two/three weeks. I then used to have the odd day when I still counted, just to make sure my estimations were accurate enough.

I started the fast beach diet which is essentially the 5:2 diet with no treats for 6 weeks. I had a couple of weeks at Easter where I over indulged and these only gave me 1/2 lb loss each week. I did not want it to continue in the way however as I have a lot if weight to lose (about 6 stone). So a forum member was going on it and I joined to support her and to get my treats and snacks in check. It is said to kickstart weight loss. I was about three months into the diet at this stage and would not reccomended it is the early stages.

Just check your calorie allowance on My fitness pal app is available on apple and android. Put in your weight and what you want to be in goals and it will tell you a sensible calorie intake. I feel sure that you will lose like this. Don’t forget to include any drinks milk in tea/coffee and alcohol. I just measure milk I put in the bottom of the cup I a jug. I used water for this and just did it 6 times and then looked at the calories and I add this to my calorie count. It really doesn’t matter if you drink alcohol, eat treats as long as you count them ALL in.

Nemum, really struggled for a few weeks. She persevered, I told her the same thing, whether she took my advice or not I don’t know, but I am thrilled to say that she has now lost 2lbs for 2 weeks in a row.

She has got there – you will. There is lots of help from people here. The advice I give works but it’s up to you to decide.

Good luck and keep posting, we can help.

Ginette

Hi Una

Thanks for that. Somebody FINALLY noticed I have lost weigh I though it must happen someday soon. So that is great. I know it is more difficult to notice the bigger you are. I notice it in my clothes. I don’t notice so much in the mirror, but I used to avoid these.

You had a good weekend and maybe it is food in transit. I also have swings in water. I now only weigh myself once a week unless I am going to the doctor. As I know she will weigh me I make sure I know what to expect.

The loss will start again. Tighten up on NFDs next week as it will help. Have you got the app I mentioned? It is really useful.

Yes we have a Remembrance Day on November 11th for those that died in the war but no holiday and what about remembering those that didn’t die in the war!!

In France it is a really big thing – the cemetery’s are awash with beautiful flowers everywhere. Everybody makes a big effort. I feel sorry that I am not there to put flowers on the family grave.

Good luck for the rest of the week and you will get there.

Ginette

Ginette,

Yes, I have been using my fitness pal. It is a great app. Maybe I will start weighing once a week after doing the second fast day. Anyhow, I will tighten up the nfd’s for the next week and see if that helps. I work all weekend so that will be easier for me to eat less. Fast day tomorrow. You keep up the good work!

Good luck all you others fasters!

Hi Una

Yes I’m sure it will help you get back on track.

Hi Nemum about time you checked in.

Ginette

Ginette,

I’m here, I’m here!
    Some of us have to work!
    I have made major boo boo on fast day today, I type every fast day into an exel spreadsheet, and i’m not sure how, but I entered my 2 scrambled eggs as 100 calories this morning, so when I’ve come to make my evening meal, I weighed and measured my chicken, one onion, one carrot, and made up the rest of the calories for the day with butternut squash. (the meal was delicious by the way) only then discovering my mistake. I am so cross that I’m 60 calories over. I just want to go to bed and start the day over.

L

KEELEE

As Ginette has said, my weight would not budge when I first started on the 5:2. The fasting made me feel good however, so I stuck with it. I was confused and irritated with my lack of weight loss – I could do with losing 90lb just to get me into normal weight range, so I thought and expected my weight to shift pretty quickly once I started this diet. It was 5 weeks until I saw my first weight loss … 2lb and then last week another 2lb.

I am adamant that I do not want to weigh and calorie count on my NFD but what I have done is checked out a lot of the foods that I am eating and to my surprise found that a lot of my ‘healthy eating’ foods were actually laden with calories … hummus … who knew it so many calories. And I would think nothing of having 2 oatcakes laden with humous as an anytime snack … nearly 200 calories, I might as well have had a Kitkat!

I have totally curbed my sugar intake aswell, which I feel so much better for and reduced carbs too.

The help at this forum has been fantastic, and yes Ginette, I do listen to you! What I have learned is make 5:2 work for you. I think I am in the minority for wanting 3 meals on my fast days, a lot want to save their calories for a decent dinner.

But really don’t lose heart, it seems to me that the older body takes a while longer than young ones to notice that you’ve reduced calorie intake, but stick with it and as Ginette says as long as you are counting all calories on FD and being sensible on NFD you will see it begin to shift.

Hope this helps

L

Hi NEmum

to put it in perspectice, if you did this ‘overspend’ every week for 60 weeks, you would lose a pound less than if you hadnt – mathematically speaking anyway.

Now eating a whole packet of chocolate digestive biscuits – twice in those 60 weeks – you would do the same.

Eat 60g less than your TDEE tomorrow and you are back on track.

Ive just made an open sandwich with tinned tuna, all i had was in sunflower oil normally in spring water – I was only checking as I chucked ingredients into a bowl, 198 instead of 113 calories. I had drained off the oil, so I gave myself a slightly smaller portion, I would reckon about 50 cals over my 373 allowance- Ive just today reduced my target TDEE to 1509, 373 on a fast day. So first one scuppered. But its not the end of the world. Ive done 3 fasts and one semi fast this week, so extra fasts can be done. Once fast days are really really sorted. And if you are mad.

So Im just trying to say don’t wobble, if you can do it all ok 80% of the time, and do brilliantly 10% of the time, that means you can cock it up bigtime for 10% of the time, and still be on course. And 60 calories over counts as ok, not a cock up.

I think a whole packet of chocolate digestives eaten at once, might be considered an almighty cock up, unless its around your TDEE and you eat nothing else that day.

I know this because I have alrrady done the calculation – Ive been on the edge of doing this cock jp for months, nice to know it wont stop me getting to my target, if I ever succumb.

milena,

you have made me laugh so much!
    Thank you

x

Hi Keelee

dunno if it helps, I started losing after 4 weeks, not an ounce before. I did though take a long hard look at what I was doing, and changed most of it!!

I did a target TDEE and on fast days stick to a quarter. I started counting calories, and looked at what I was willing to change and what I wasnt. Changed to better bread, fewer teas, fewer lattes, all treats ie chocolate, ice cream ok if within TDEE, two meals instead of three, fast day meals on non fast days, only eat rice and tatties around once a month. Really looked at everything. Wasn’t a case of hoping, its a case of finding how it can work. Doing Fast beach diet at the moment, yet another thing to keep the momemtum, hugely important if, like me, its a big weightloss requirement, a year or eighteen months.

Its finding a way to make it work, for you, and perhaps having to keep finding ways, especially if medical issues come into the mix. Good luck

So odd, NEmum, I am just not a funny or amusing person.

Though, having 5 sisters and 2 brothers, I am really good at sarcasm. Of course, not something I would do on a forum, sarcasm is difficult to carry off when written down, it just sounds harsh.

I do rabbit on though, and sometimes get carried away!

Hi Nemum

Ok as you know I worry about you ……….

I really wanted someone who had struggled at the beginning to join in. I didn’t realise Milena you had struggled and look how well you are doing now.

I know Nemum there was a point that I thought you might be getting fed up and leave us and so I am pleased you stuck with it.

As Milena said I don’t think one slip up is a crash. I know it is annoying!!

Ih Milena is it true that you can eat a who,e packet of mcvities on one day…..are you sure? I am really thinking about that, one of my weaknesses…….

Shouldn’t really talk about this here as I am trying to encourage to get on track not blow it all on a packet of biscuits. What kind of example am I? I suppose an only human one.

You will be pleased to know that I dodged a flake today…..no chance in two weeks time of this happening!! None at all…..here I go again. I shall stop now before its too late.

I am glad you and I don’t live closer or we might lead each other astray. I am sure it is the severity of the FBD and the fact that there isn’t long to go.

Oh how I am looking forward to the end.

I wish you all losses.

Ginette

Queen of planning me – if I fall off this horse, I plan where Im going go fall, last time I fell off a horse, it was in a graveyard, missed a headstone by a hair.

So I plan.

300g packet of McVities Milk chocolate homewheat 83-88 calories per biscuit depending where you read it – somewhere around 1700g a little above my target TDEE, but who woukd eat a whole packet – I worked out I can have 17 or18, happy with thst cos Im not greedy.

So pretty much a whole packet, staying within TDEE!

I really am mad!

I’m glad you didn’t talk about this BEFORE I went shopping, I hope it is a distant memory before I go next time.

I fancied some pesto to go with my Bare noodles – I was so shocked to see the calories, that and Parmesan cheese far too high. I have now hpgone for a pesto cooking sauce at about 71 for half a jar compared to 300+ . I was going to have it next week on a fast day which I now still can. 24 calories for the noodles and 71 for sauce and whatever amount of cheese I can sensibly have, I shall add a little chilli as well.

I am already thinking about next weeks fast day. I have a fast day tomorrow as penance. A long time since I went to that! I would be there all day now confessing my greedy digestive biscuit thoughts and many other things. I am not sure if we are not hallucinating now Milena.

I did enjoy what I had tonight for both of us, I said as much to myself……sad eh….

Ah well, big excitement, past midnight so another day gone and another day closer to the end.

Ginette

Hi Ladies,
    Here I am over a week since my last post in which I promised myself I would be more communicative and in fact I’ve been just the opposite. For one reason or another ( I won’t go into details) I’ve been feeling miserable and sorry for myself. I’ve fallen off my diet so badly that I’m not sure if I’m in any frame of mind to continue or get back on track at all. If this wasn’t the most forgiving diet ever, I believe I would give up. But as I write this message and I read all your encouraging posts I realize that I’m only a new fasting day away from getting back to it. So, just a quick thank-you all for being there and I’ll let you know how my day goes tomorrow.
    Fran 🙂

Fran,

Don’t give up please, you gave me some encouragement when I needed it so here goes. You are simply one fast day away from getting back on this diet, it’s not hard. .. just count your calories for 24 hrs and you are back on board it’s that’s simple. You have done it before and not died so you can do it again!

There are a lot of ladies who are here to support you, so don’t give in get going instead.

Audrey

Fran,

Indeed we are all here.
    Audrey is right, even if you try half a fast day if it gets you back into it. It really helps me to have that hungry feeling and then I know I’m serious about losing weight.
    Eating healthy, and changing the way we eat (I hate the word diet) is all about a state of mind rather that what you put in your mouth. So talk yourself through it and try a fast on the condition that you can give up at anytime and see what happens.

Go girl!

L

Hi Fran

I am so sorry that you have had a bad week. I can only imagine what is wrong and wish for your better health of that is what it is.

I do know that keeping to this way of life gives you strength and control. Other areas of you life you sometimes have no control over. I know this will make you feel better and having us to moan to commiserate and and encourage will only help.

As Nemum and Audrey both said getting back on track and back into the fold will really help you along the way. There are things that we can’t change, just learn to live with and then there is the other issue of weight and associated Heath problems that we can change into a positive. These help us move forward despite our other problems. The changes that this brings about helps us feel to feel good.

There is something I would dearly love to change and cannot I have to live with a very difficult situation. This forum has helped me enormously and although the situation is still there, having control over other parts of my life is great, don’t underestimate the benefits of this.

I would love to work I can’t. I find this frustrating, I have to get on with it. I know one day I will be able to again but not any time soon.

I still feel that I am lucky to have such good friends only two or three and such fantastic forum friends that carry me through this.

We will do the same for you.

We all go through bad times. We are stronger together…….

Whatever your problems please stay with us as we also need you….

Ginette

Ginette,

I had no idea you had such big health problems, I feel really bad about my comment the other day saying that I was at work, so sorry if this caused offence.

You are right though, whatever rubbish is in your life, if you can control at least one thing life seems much better, and my 2 fast days have made me feel so much better and it is because it’s my choice.

How is weigh loss going this week for you?

L

Hi Nemum

Please don’t feel bad. I didn’t take offence as I knew none was meant. I did a job for many years that I absolutely loved and gave me complete personal satisfaction. Then a person came along who like telling others what to do. Apart from the fact that she was very young, she had no experience of this work. I was a lot older and could have been her mother (perish the thought). She was a bully and bullied others. My bosses tied my hands and I was powerless to stop her. She made others people’s lives miserable and mine as well. I was made redundant last July – I had had some time off as the situation made me very stressful. I was in a higher position than her and powerless to stop her.

I lost a job I loved and then we had a really traumatic family event. This has not ended and changed our lives forever, I am still coping with the fallout – at least trying to.

The forum has made me feel in control. I would never take offence if it was something said that was well meaning. I hate to see others being badly treated and here I can try to soften these blows.

I will get through it. Time heals. I just have a few difficult times along the way. I know that losing weight will help and this has spurred me forward.

You have done brilliantly as it was so difficult for you at first. At work some people though of me as Mother Hen. A nice thing I think. I was given vulnerable people to work with whose backgrounds were full of trauma.

It was so rewarding to see them blossom and while the past for them could never be forgotten, I encouraged them to have a future. I still occasionally meet these people and I am proud to have played a part in their lives when they were at their most vulnerable.

Now away from the serious stuff……. I weigh tomorrow so that will tell. I can feel that my clothes are looser and that is always a bonus. I have had a meal out with a small ice cream (not really allowed on FBD but it was free) I did chose the smallest and gave away the flake. So I am feeling like a martyr to the cause rather than a sinner for having the ice cream.

I shall post lost tomorrow.

Hi Keeleey

How are you doing?

Ginette

Ginette,
    Strength to you girl! I don’t tell a lot of people this but I had a nervous breakdown 3 years ago and that was due to work place bullying, it was my line manager and it happened so slowly I didnt even know it was happening, she made me believe that I was hanging onto my job with my fingernails. Eventually things came crashing down, my husband (not known for his strength and compassion) was there for me and believed in me, which was more than my boss did. So I know the pain and powerlessness you’ve been through. Onward and upward tho, what doeant kill us makes us stronger, at one point I even wanted to thank my bully for pushing me over the edge that I think i’d been close to for ages because I’m stronger now than I have been for ages. I used to get so nervous about situations and confrontations, now so much less. My weight is a left over from the years of bullying and has stayed the 3 years since my breakdown, so i need to get this cracked for the last piece of normality.
    Wish you well on weigh in, I have no self control to weigh only once a week, I do it every morning. Not sure I’ll lose this week, there was buffet lunch at work and homemade pizzas last night mmmmmm

X

First time since I started 5:2 that I do not record any weight loss, but at least I didn’t put any on! Ate more starchy food this week eg 1 slice (292 cals) home made cake x 4, one portion of chips, and my body does not like starch – felt bloated and didn’t exactly enjoy eating them so it’ll be a long time before I indulge. Other benefits continue – sleeping well, more energetic, looser clothes, so it’s not all about just about what the scales say each week.

Isn’t it funny how we share our stories on here to virtual strangers but not to our loved ones!

God bless you both, I am proof that you can get past your past!

I had a very abusive and controlling husband who for years told me I was fat and ugly and was lucky to have him, my friend god bless her saw what was happening and helped me.

I have now been married to a wonderful man for almost 20 years who tells me every day how much he loves me and how beautiful I am no matter what size I have been.

we are lucky to have each other to talk too, long may it continue.

Audrey

Audrey,

here here! Long may it continue.
    well done for getting out of that relationship sounds exactly like the one I was in in ky 20s. His ‘pet’ name for me was Ugly, and to think I was 5 stone lighter in those days and still thought I was fat.

Galexinda
    Try looking at what fats you are eating when you have your carbs, its the combination that bloats us. I’m like that I eat biscuit but if I eat shredded wheat wuth soya milk, same carbs but so much better on my tum. Just a thought.

Hi

isn’t life like an Edinburgh road, full of potholes – its the hard times which make us strong. Ive never had an abusive relationship, but Ive seen the harm they can do, took me a long long time to realise how destructive my family, particularly my mother, were. I took the decision to have nothing more to do with them a few years ago. Except one brother, whose life was, and still is, very badly scarred by his upbringing. Though is is very very happily married, and so am I. There are blessings.

Yesterday my son and I put the world, or at least, his world to rights. We had a long talk about his girl problems – its really difficult to focus on the job in hand when you are delirious that he is even telling you his problems. He gave me his phone to read her messages – modern day love letter, I suppose – as someone who had absolutely no privacy when I was young, I cant stand anyone going into my drawers or my bag, so reading his mail was such a huge priviledge. I think I even helped a little.

DRUM ROLL PLEASE

I have been on scales and am now into the 140s only just but still there!

Can’t believe it, thanks for all your support ladies.

Audrey

Hi Galexinda

I had one week like that but I had lost either side 2lb before and 1lb after. It was still a good Loss that month.

It makes you think about what you are eating. Not a bad thing. I do retain water normally so I sometimes show smaller losses then I might suddenly lose a lot at once. My weeks are very similar food wise apart from odd weeks. So this is the only explanation.

Hi Nemum

Yes I suppose it must do. I went through four years of this at work, all four were difficult the last two were the worst. Anyway…..that’s in the past now and I’m glad I’m out of it.

I am so sorry that you have also been through a bad time and horrible marriage. When people are essentially good inside others come and decide to knock them down. I am glad that you have got through this to become such a positive person. Your husband sounds great and supportive, I think that jealousy makes people behave so badly.

Hi Audrey

Yes I too had a marriage like this. Horrible situation. I got out of that a long time ago. I lost my trust of people in personal relationships. I never want to go back to that. I am so pleased you have a lovely supportive husband. Give him an extra kiss today!!

Hi Milena

Yes funny we speak more openly to forum friends than others as these things are sometimes better left where they belong – in the past. All sorts of people can be destructive – why I have no idea. I sometimes think I prefer animals. I do like people though and for every bad one there are 1000 good ones.

I forgot to mention. I think I have lost 2lb. The only reason I say think is that the first time I got on the scales it was the same the next three times it was two pounds down. So I will go with the majority and check again in 5 mins. If it the same thempn after a cup of tea then that is the weight I shall log.

Have a good weekend all.

Ginette

Well done Audrey

Yes I know how good it feels. I just looked up 140lbs. That is as light as a feather 10 stone.

I have now lost 2lb even though the cat walked behind and was half standing on the scales!! I then had to weigh again……without the cat being unhelpful, and yes I’ve lost 2lb. It is showing the lower stone and a few ounces – I refuse to count that it. It is only in times of desperation that I count 1/2 lbs.

So logging 2lbs. 1 more lb and I shall be in the next stone down 16 stone….just and I will have also lost a stone on FBD so well worth it.

I have you to thank for that Milena.

Ginette

H Fran

How are things today?

Ginette

Sorry ginette,

I am in the 140s not 140. I have weighed on at 149.5 which is 10 St 9.5 lb. My aim is 140 so not far now.

Audrey

Hi. Ginette

I am delighted for you, especially as I know it hasn’t been easy, but you certainly have shown your grit.

I bet once you get off the ceiling you will realise the hard part is over. Not that the next bit is easy, its just now you now KNOW it can be done.

You are such an inspiration. Thank you.

I think I should have been born Greek. I have just made a big mousakka, in fact so big it’s in 2 dishes, for tonight’s tea, and one for the freezer. And we have just had hummus with red pepper slices for dinner.

Big event on the prom this afternoon, could be photos on FB later ………. hint, hint Milena 🙂

Hi Appliepie

you might be heading for disappointment – have taken a couple of photos, just need to work out photoshop and I will post!!!

OH working towards a bread end August, beginning of September – just doing the head gasket on the car at the moment – heading to France, so might just keep heading south.

Holiday insurance has just come in – so OH is getting keen.

We got insurance for ourselves last year for seventy pounds, son already had his. We added on his pal, the price dropped twenty pounds and then we added on son, went back up just two pounds. How can that be? Scoobie, the pal, was 17 and son 19, one year on, two pounds fifty less for all of us!

I’m going on son’s car insurance and that will save him about five hundred pounds, if OH goes on instead he saves about two hundred and fifty – but I’m still not allowed to drive it.

Ah, car insurance works in mysterious ways, don’t try to work it out it will drive you bonkers (see what I did there?)

Photoshop? does this mean you are editing your photos? Can’t wait! but in the meantime how about replying to our posts and messages, don’t mean to nag but please come back! 🙂

You planning on coming this far south? south of Alicante? Early September can be gorgeous, but it can also chuck it down. You never know …..

You are all doing so well, Ginette and Audrey, brilliant. I am so jealous of the exerbeat, I will have to get it.

Hi Milena

I think that maybe it has been easier for me than others who are struggling. Thank you for the compliment but I think maybe undeserved…….I take it though I would be a fool not to.

This last week on FBD has probably been the most difficult as I am now just wishing for normal service to resume. I can’t really complain though as thanks to you I have lost nearly a stone. I have even had meals off, which I feel has been a little unfair on you.

I hope you get your holiday, don’t forget you are coming down near me one day. We must meet up.

Hi Audrey

That is sill great and we all have our own targets. My long term is 11.7 but I know I will probably alter is to 10.7 as I am approaching this. Both are in the healthy range for me. At one time I thought 11.7 to be almost impossible – now I think if I can continue along this path it will be possible given time.

Hi Applepie

How nice that sounds and lovely to have another portion in the freezer.

Ginette

Milena

Airbrushing the weight away is now a long term solution you know as when you look in the mirror it will stare right back at you. Or is it airbrushing all those bruises you have from Hula hooping??

How’s OH getting on with his hoop?

Ginette

Hi Applepie

Here are the reviews. This is more expensive than the link I send Audrey but that was on eBay and I’m not sure if they deliver to Spain.

If I find one there I shall post as well.

The reviews are good as it shows you the breakdown of games.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B004SFGH32/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

Just checked none on eBay at the moment. If you are anything like myself and Audrey, you will get a lot of use from it.

Ginette

Ladies, my lovely ladies,

Well done to you all! We are an odd bunch of fighters aren’t we?

I have lost nothing this week but expected it and know why. But my clothes are feeling a bit looser from the 4lb ive lost so far so I’m happy. And off to London tomorrow for NEdad and little M and H to watch their beloved football team play at Wembley while I catch up with an old friend. So can’t see me being good, but I’ll give it a try.

Sunshine here so going to tackle the dandelions in the rockery.

L

Wow,
    checking calories, NEdad bought us all a Frijj milkshake for Saturday night tea treat, once the vultures has swooped only the chocolate one was left … 450 calories per bottle! So it’s still in my fridge and I had a glass of fizzy water with evening meal instead. This is after making the decision not to have oven chips and beans, with chicken tonight but toss lots of veg in a wok.

I’m feeling full and virtuous and its not even a fast day.

How is everyone else today?

Hi Nemum

I’m sure you might have drank that before without thinking about it.

Well done. I would have thought I can have a meal for that. You are virtuous, you will be joining me in the convent soon. Remember you can have some things that you like just in moderation.

Had a good day, looking forward to tomorrow shepherds pie.

The looser clothes are nice, you can really see that you are getting results.

Have a lovely day with your friend.

Ginette

Have to comment that this is a somewhat unforgiving formum, press the wrong button and you loose all your pithy thoughts 🙂

I have total empathy for anyone struggling to begin this way of life. I struggled the first few weeks I started and I am struggling now as I try to come back to this WOL. When I began to berate myself for my total throwing of the towel however, I spent a lot of time trying to understand my body and it’s signals and I made some very ecounraging discoveries.

I couldn’t stand the suspense anymore, so I weighed myself yesterday morning. To my stunned surprise. after my 5 weeks of what I considered “out of control eating” not only had I not gained weight, I had actually lost another 2 lbs. I had to do a lot of thinking about this. I think I get it though.

Both my body and my mind became trained to assess what constituted a “pig out”. Yes I did inhale a large bag of crisps one time, yes I ate and ate long past my 500 calories, but did it equal a true “pig out” as I was experiencing back in October when I was inhaling 3000 calories at a go. NO! My mind, my body and my stomach seem to have come to a superior agreement A pig out of 3000 calories in October, was redefined as a pig out because I ate 1/2 a bag of chips (crisps).

If we can stick to this WOL to the best of our ability, I think our body starts to reset itself. It is subtle, but our bodies get it. At the worst of my drop of of the wagon, I still was able to recognize that my body was full. It takes a while for our bodies to reset themselves, but once we regain the control over whatever mental roadblocks are thrown in our paths, it gets easier. Everyone who is struggling now, I think that it might be be a challenge to get your mind and body both in gear but I am also sure you will get there, no matter how long it takes for your mind/body to reset themselves.

It is onwards and downwards for me. My weight bench should be here by Thursday at the latest. Only 2 lbs. to go to target, but many, many hours of weight training are now part of my future as I pinch the jiggly flesh. I know I am not 22 anymore, and I know what is a realistic expectation in terms of jiggly flesh and rocks in socks boobs, but I am damned if I am not going to be in the best shape that my 58 year old body can be. Take care all, have a great week.

Sorry. long and rambling – I think having sun and warmth on a Sunday in Montreal may have turned my head. Going to check out the 50 + forum, thanks for pointing my way there.

Hi DJ

That is a really sensible from the heart post not long or rambling. You need to look at some of mine!!

Yes I completely agree with everything you say.

Our bodies reset themselves – it does happen, takes a little time sometimes, but our attitude towards food changes and also our brains attitude finally syncs with what our body needs.

Takes time but they will work in harmony and also allow us to indulge a little and stop without struggle. What could be better.

Heading over to mid fifties myself now.

Hi All

Some links that a lady from another thread put on.

They are what I would call normal everyday foods and you don’t need to go out with a long shopping list for things that you haven’t got at home and may never use again.

Pictures as well.

http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/538311/5-2-diet-meal-plans-what-to-eat-for-500-calorie-fast-days

and

http://www.allaboutyou.com/health/diet/diet-recipes-5-2-diet-2-day-diet

Maybe especially of help to people new to the diet and those just browsing, what are thinking of dipping a toe in the water.

Ginette

Hi DJ

Cracking post!

I was just saying to OH an hour ago I was taking a week off from 5:2. Except the fast days – it came out of my mouth before I realised. It must be becoming ingrsinedt.

I have also fantisised about what I am going to eat next Monday, at the end of the FBD. The magnum and the fizz are both staying in the list, but I think the of eclairs, cream sponge and galaxy will remain fantadiest, and won’t be bought. But like Brad Pitt and Viggo Mortensen, nice to daydream about!

So was thinking what is the next plan, and you’ve helped me to decide – attack of the highly bits. Gym was always a definite once I reached twelve stone. The hula hoop isn’t going to make much difference methinks, but the bruises on my back and legs are awesome, my boys were really impressed.

So that’s two 58 year olds striving to be the best they can be – sounds good!!!

Make that three……..

Has anyone heard about vibration plates or used them?

Just curios as they sound really strange!

Ginette

Highly bits – predictive text green, should read jiggly bits.

I talk a load of rubbish without technology making it more rubbishy

I guessed that is what you meant.

I like your predictive text its makes your posts entertaining – I sit and work out what the missing words can be.

Ginette

Viewing 50 posts - 4,951 through 5,000 (of 7,330 total)

You must be logged in to reply.