HELP! All ladies of a 'certain age'-please respond

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
HELP! All ladies of a 'certain age'-please respond

This topic contains 7,289 replies, has 660 voices, and was last updated by  Opal Shine 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 6,001 through 6,050 (of 7,330 total)

• Athunsia we care. Be happy. You matter
    Audrey have a lovely time with the grandkids
    Cinque, glad the fast went well and you too enjoy your granddaughter
    Some good news – I have achieved my goal and am just under 60kg – Yippy!
    Havent been below 60 since like 10 years ago

Keep up the good work girls – It will happen for all of us

Thanks everyone for your comments. Husband happy again. He’s having health issues and he’s always had a problem with anger…… over the most minor things 🙁
    With my mental health problems I have memory lapses and don’t always do things that are my responsibility. Sadly all my medications mess with my head.
    Anyway that’s enough said. Thanks again. I appreciate your concern ?

I was 91kg when I started the 5:2 My first weigh day last Monday was 89kg but today I was 89.5kg. I have been pigging out on yoghurt, ice cream and other sweets so I can’t complain. Will fast Tuesday and Friday this week.
    Good luck to everyone. It’s a difficult road but a necessary one.

Prema congrats on being under 60!!!!!

Morning from cheshire ladies,

Big drum roll for Prema. …..congratulations girl well done. …

Athunsia, glad you got things sorted out with hubby…

Cinque, glad you had good day with grandchildren.

Ian has finished his 4 in , but we are in for a busy week, ruby is ill so babysitting today, then got to decorate the tree, put outside lights up, travel to caravan and sort out the garden there and go christmas shopping…… with a bit of luck not much time to eat. ..

Will be back in touch later in week,

Keep in touch together we are stronger

Audrey

Hi Athunusia, thanks for letting us know that things are better. I hope today is a good one.

5:2 is a bit of an up and down ride, especially as we address bad eating habits, and bad days.

Good luck with all you are doing Audrey!

My little granddaughter is here, climbing up the sofa. Interested in my cup of tea. Very interested in the iPad. I might write some very strange posts.

Best wishes to you all! ?????
    Who is fasting?

Cinque
    I’m fasting today. I’m going to stay out in the garden for as long as I can today. It’s hot and humid so I can sweat off some of the fat!
    It would be just lovely to have a granddaughter. My son and his first wife lost a little girl when they were only in there teens. Birth defects 🙁
    My daughter only wants four legged, furry kids 🙂 My g’son is a treasure so I’m happy.
    Audrey
    I hope Ruby is feeling better. Your household is a very busy place. But quite happy too I’m guessing.
    Good fasting ??

Hi Athunusia, I hope you had a really good Fast Day, and got a lovely lot done in the garden too!
    I am so sorry to hear of the loss of that little granddaughter, what a terrible time it must have been. I am glad you have your grandson! And those furry fourlegged ones are pretty cute too!
    It is all girls here, and there is something special about my girl having a girl (although when I go to put it in words it doesn’t make that much sense: character trumps gender every time!). She is at a super-cute stage, learning everything at top gear: you can just about see the wheels turning in that little head!
    They are off having a picnic with friends today, so I am resting!

Audrey, we need a ‘mum update’ ! Let her know we are still thinking about her! And I hope all the million other things are going well, and that Ruby is better.

I’m getting my head in gear for a nice Fast Day tomorrow. Vegetarian dashi stock out from the freezer for my midday miso soup, and I have a lovely lot of veggies to make the evening big soup, and I am soaking some cannellini beans to cook and add in too. Yum.

Morning all,

My mum is getting better slowly, but had a mishap in the shower and managed to re open the cut on her leg!

The nurse has been and bandaged it up again, it’s going to take some time for her to recover completely. I will tell her you have been asking about her cinque.

We decorated the tree yesterday and put the outside lights up, also went to shops to start the christmas food shopping.

Hope you have had a good day,

Audrey

Cinque
    I’m glad you can see your granddaughter growing and learning. It’s a joy that grandparents look forward too.
    You’re so organized with your fast meals. I have no enthusiasm for preparing food. I think about it five minutes before its due. I’m always getting into trouble about meals!!
    On the other hand I feed the birds well and prepare meat for the magpies, butcher birds and two crows. The seed eaters get a variety and water is always in abundance. My pets gets pamper too of course.
    Everyone take care and I wish all a good result on the scales ?

Good evening,
    Which it is here…. a lovely, long, evening with soft light and kind temperature.

So sorry to hear your mum’s wound reopened, Audrey. So frustrating for her. Hopefully it will be easy healing from now on.
    Cheers for your tree. I have some lights to hang in the window, I wonder if I will get them up? #christmasinertia

The girls have just got home (daughter is on skype explaining to husband how to work the washing machine 😉 ) Tot will be asleep soon. She is such fun. I am a very lucky grandma.

Your birds and pets are very lucky Athunusia!

I am not a planner by nature. I am an impulsive, idealistic, act before I think, rush headlong into things type of person. But chronic illness is a hard teacher, and planning is my best skill now for so many things. I do recommend it! (Anything I don’t want to fail at, I plan, plan, plan!)

Mind you I haven’t made the soup for tomorrow!… but things have thawed and the beans are cooked. I might still make it before bedtime. If not, there is still tomorrow!

Best wishes to you all! See you on my Fast Day tomorrow!

Good morning all,

Hope you are having a great weekend,

I have completed a fadt day yesterday, not a liquid but still under 500 kcals, and I am doing another one today. …

Hope you are all doing ok, keep in touch

Audrey

Good morning Audrey, and everyone else.
    I’m home alone, with Miso the cat. Missing the girls dreadfully, but really glad to take things slow.

Fast day yesterday, Sunday, that I managed ok.

Impressed by your back to backing Audrey!

Hi ladies

Just having a look back at the forum.
    Well done on all your losses, some great successes.
    I felt I had to take a break from 5:2 as life was getting a bit too much, but I’m trying to reach my head above it all now. And am considering a fast this week.

NEmum

Morning ladies,

I completed my 2nd fast yesterday, have to say it was pretty hard, I think it’s made much worse because I know we have lots of lovely Christmas food in the cupboards. …..

Cinque isn’t it awful when they go home after a visit the house seems so quiet for a while, although I must confess to sigh of relief too when both our granddaughters go they can be very demanding both wanting undivided attention! Our poor sonny (big dog) heaves a sigh too as he has had balls thrown for him more or less non stop and made to heel round and round the house hehe. ..

Have a great week, I have lost a lb!

Keep in touch as always we are stronger together

Audrey

Nemum

Yeah WELCOME BACK…..have been wondering if you are ok….let us know how you get on with the fast and if you need support give me a shout.

Ginette will be pleased you are back you have been missed….

Athunsia are you ok?

Audrey

Cheers for your fasting Audrey. I can imagine how hard it must be with Christmas treats in your house. How do you manage it? Do you promise yourself a treat each non fast day?

I am more exhausted than I thought after my busy week, so I am trying to rest…. And to get everything done.

Hi NEmum, sending good wishes and hoping that life is gentling down ( although it generally does the opposite for Christmas). I hope you can keep your head above water, and that soon you can 5:2 with us again.

??????

Audrey and Cinque

Thank you for your support. Today I am going to try one of my half fasts – 100 cals for breakfast then 100 cal for lunch and see what I’m up to after that.

Hope you are all well over this festive period, you are right Cinque tthere are too many tempting treats about.

NEmum

Morning ladies from cheshire,

Cinque you rest up I know how exhausting catering for visitors can be…..

NeMum let us know how you get on with your 1st fast.

Athunsia are you still with us? Keep in touch

Have a good day/evening wherever you may be,

Audrey

Good morning, I am in the lovely cool before the heat. The doors and windows are wide open, letting the cool fresh air in.

Thankyou for your kindness. Yesterday afternoon I started to feel much better! Back to my normal bad health 😉 The house is still chaos, but slightly less chaos every day.

I hope your half fast went well NEmum!

I hope your mum has had no more set backs Audrey!

I am gearing up for Fast Day tomorrow!

Cinque

Good morning to you/good evening from me…..

Hope you have a lovely day, it’s very wet and miserable here in Cheshire although not very cold for December.

Glad you are recovered now from your visitors and hope you have a lovely day today.

I am off to bed soon, will be back in touch in my morning, your late afternoon.

Audrey

Thanks Audrey,
    Here is some sunshine for you ????????
    Oh and look, a koala ?

Sweet dreams!

Cinque
    Sunshine and warmth this rime of year, how lovely. Every second year we spend Christmas in the Canary Islands, so lovely this time of year, but what with one thing and another, we’re here in chilly, wet NE england, you’re right audrey tho, its not that cold for December.

My fast yesterday went well until mid afternoon, I successfully had 100 calories for breakfast and 100 calories for lunch, but then there were some homemade ginger biscuits in the afternoon and it went down hill from there but rather than feel down, I feel really proud of myself for making a start back at 5:2. Onwards and upwards I’ll try again Thursday.

NEmum

Nemum,

I too am finding it dangerous and hard the closer we get to xmas… don’t beat yourself up, I think I have almost made the decision to fast when I can until the new year then start again. New year new me do you fancy joining me?

Cinque, hope you have had a productive day, enjoy the sunshine and long days it’s very dark by 4 o’clock here now. … of course if you want to hop on board the new year new me quest feel free….

I have about 25 lbs to lose. ….

Audrey

Audrey
    New Year, New Me!
    I like it.
    25lb to lose that’s great and so do-able.
    I’m not beating myself up about not completing my fast yesterday, but I need to take back control especially over this festive period, that’s the way I work well in my head. I have Christmas parties on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings, so I feel I need to fast tomorrow and then again on Monday to offset this, see how things go; NEdad is away on business from today until Friday, and I’m never quite at ease when he’s not here.

NEmum

Nemum

There are a few others on fast busting brits that are joining me too, and at least this new year I won’t be the newcomer,.

Just hoping I am not still here this time next year too, much as I love the forums. …..hehe

Keep in touch, enjoy tomorrow fast day.

Audrey

Good morning, we’ve got a heatwave until Sunday, I think I would swap for cold dark UK!
    Although right at the moment it is cool and lovely.
    I’m sitting up in bed facing another hectic day. But the exciting thing is a new stove is being installed. My old one lost its ignition last week. It is over 20 years old so they said I’d get a new one, but maybe not til after Christmas. But it is today. My old stove was a crabby, worn down thing so I am very excited.

I like your plan Audrey, so sensible to adjust to the season, and the new year to look forward too. I am kind of with you! My life is fairly isolated and unchrismassy and sugar free, so it doesn’t have the same difficulties. I can fast and eat as normal. But that doesn’t have to stop me from being with you! Surely!

NE mum, another half fast nicely done! Good luck with the next days! It is a hard time of year to get back into it. Have you got some Christmas party strategies?

Sunshine and flowers folks! ???????

Fast day for me, and no ginger biscuits!

Cinque, good morning to you. ….

Sounds like you have an eventful day planned a new stove, well worth getting excited about….

I hope you are going to celebrate Christmas is some sort of way, perhaps not roasted turkey with trimmings but surely some treats??.

I am off to bed now, vicky is round 1st thing tomorrow to finish wrapping the girls presents hohoho…

Keep in touch and try to stay cool

Audrey

Thanks Audrey. I am going to celebrate with my three sisters a few days after Christmas Day, so we might be a bit feasty then. And on the day I am having lunch with one friend who hasn’t got family with her, and the evening meal with another. But, to tell the truth, I am not much into Christmas food (it is Australian summer after all). I miss my (mum’s recipe) mince tarts, but that is all. My friend and I are planning harira soup for the evening meal! And we want to watch Shirley Valentine. I’m rather hoping I can talk the other friend out of Christamssy stuff, but it might be important to her. She has a lot of food intolerances though, so it will be interesting.

Have fun with the wrapping!

The stove might arrive any time now!

Hi ladies,

Sorry not posted for past few days, have been very busy.

Cinque hope the new stove is up and running

Nemum how did your 1st fast go?

Everyone else hope you are all OK keep in touch please

Audrey

Hi Audrey,
    No stove yet 🙁 🙁 🙁
    They were out of stock on Thursday. But they rang me up yesterday and said they would install it on Tuesday 🙂 🙂 🙂

Also my Christmas day plans have shrunk down, and I might only do the evening thing, or nothing at all. I’m such a hermit though, I will be glad to just rest all day.

I bet all the rest of you are busy, busy, busy so I will just say hi! and let you go rushing about. 😉

Morning cinque

I do hope the stove arrives in time for xmas, such a bad time to be without one.

I have been busy icing cakes and making biscuits, I don’t make my own mince pies though thank goodness. I am off to mums on boxing day until new year so we are having a xmas eve buffet here, xmas dinner here, then boxing day buffet at mums for family there! I am going to be busy busy busy, thank goodness my stove is still going….

Will be in touch when I can, I am struggling at the min, there is only so much temptation I can resist hehe

Have a great day, 😊😊😊

Audrey

Hi everyone. I feeling worried and apprehensive. My hubby’s blood pressure went very high two nights ago plus his pulse started to race and was irregular. I was awake most of the night checking him. In the morning it was the same. I called the Dr but he was away. The receptionist said to go straight to the hospital. They observed him and decided to send him home to rest. Stress was the culprit! It’s going down to his usual measurements but its a warning that he needs to deal with stress in a better way.
    They are trying to sort out his blood pressure tablets and I think that may have caused it too. For weeks he’s been grumpy and very tired.
    I’m scared that its the beginning of a larger problem 😟

Athunsia

I am sure they wouldn’t have let him out of hospital if he wasn’t fit to come home. It must be such a worry though for you, try to get him to rest but you try to get some too! Let’s hope they sort out his blood pressure tablets soon and he is soon back to good health.

Audrey

Thanks Audrey
    His father died at 68 from a heart attack and his Mum died at 72 from a stoke. He feels that he’ll die around these times too. He’s 66.
    Anyway fasting is impossible at the moment so I’ve dumped it until after the new year. Hopefully things will stabilize by then.

Athunsia

Hope he gets better soon, don’t be a stranger, you can join me on my new year new me campaign…. I am not doing much fasting either….

Audrey

Hi everyone,
    Athunusia, I do hope your hubby’s blood pressure stays settled down, and that your fears can abate. It is one on the scary things about being ‘ of a certain age’ isn’t it. Let’s hope he gets his bp sorted and gets another good run. Best wishes. 🌻🌻🌻🌻

It is really interesting to me, being so unchrismassy, how so much food dominates so many lives for so long before Christmas. The forum is full of people who are unable to do 5:2 for about three weeks around Christmas. What does that say about the world we are living in! Crazy! 😖 That’s my opinion!
    It’s not food for one day, for a festival. Or even a few days, catching up with family. It isn’t even 5 days a week for the duration: nearly everyone is finding that impossible. It is 7 days of feasting for at least three weeks in a row.
    Like I said, what does that say about the world we are living in? 🤔

Rant over. 🐓🐓🐓

I’ve just spent the night in 30 degree heat. Thank goodness for my little bedside fan. It is fast day today, going to have lots of hydration! 8 hours to the cool change. Hope it comes early.
    Lots of fires, so my heart goes out to the firefighters.

Best wishes to you all.

I’m not Christmasy either Cinque. But with Greeks around its impossible to argue. It’s a licence to binge for a lot of people including me. You’re a strong lady.
    Yes the fires are terrible. Especially when they’re ignited intentionly!
    Everyone have a safe pre Christmas.

Morning ladies

Fast day here today yippee….

I made lots of gingerbread cookies yesterday only are a couple bit I am ready for a fast day now.

Hope my friends down under manage to stay cool. We in Britain are having a mild but wet winter so far. …. no sign of a white xmas here!

Have a great sunday, stay focused, I am afraid cinque my xmas celebrations are going on for about 2 weeks, …….lots of family celebrations

Audrey

Good morning!

One of my best friends married a Greek man with a big strong family, Athunusia, so I understand what you say. ( Note to self: maybe I had better not marry a Greek man if I want to keep to my easy Christmas fasting!)

It is lovely and cool now Audrey. Thank goodness. It was a short heatwave, but a vicious one. Hottest December night on record. Makes me fear what is to come.

Good luck getting through all those family celebrations!
    ( note to self: may need to avoid anyone with a big family 🤔)

Lovely fast day yesterday. I’ll have a bit more sleep, and then 😀 Breakfast!

Oh dear,

Friends dropped in my fast day has comprised of 2 gingerbread xmas trees, home made xmas cake, very tasty full of brandy! , and a handful of cheese nibbles. … think it’s about 500 kcals?

Hope you have a better day than me cinque, although ian has gone off to work very happy as we have opened the cake he has taken a BIG slice hehe hohoho

Talk again soon

Audrey

Wow Audrey, I think it might just about be 500 calories! A very delicious 500 😉
    And so nutritiously well balanced too 😉😉

Hi ladies,

This is my last post for a while, I am busy now with family parties, and then off to mums for boxing day until new years eve. Will be back in time for new years party here.

I am having a fasting break until January 5th. Will be back in touch then.

Will take this opportunity to wish you all Merry Christmas and see you next year. 🎅🎅🎄🎄🎄

Audrey ❤❤❤

Best wishes Audrey! 🎄 I hope you have a wonderful festive time! Enjoy the 12 days of Christmas!
    🎄 Merry Chritmas to your mum too!

See you next year! 🎄⭐️👑⭐️🎄

Merry Christmas cinque. Cu next year…

🎄🎄🎄🎅🎅🎅🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁

Hi everyone. I just thought I’d wish you all a very Merry Christmas. Presuming that you’re all Christian and you celebrate such. It’s embarrassing when you accidentally wish it to JWs for example.
    Anyway I’m not fasting until after New Year. Anyone here who is I believe they are made of strong stuff!!
    A special get well to Audrey’s Mum!!
    My hubby collapsed at work a few days ago. Rushed off to hospital and quite quickly diagnosed with atrial fibrillation. Give blood thinners to prevent a stroke and sent home. He’s very tired and gets exhausted when walking around so he’s getting spoiled and love a bit extra than usual.
    Good luck with your fasting and I hope you all enjoy the holidays with family and friends. Safe travels……

Athunusia, What a worrying time for you! I am glad your husband has been diagnosed and treatment has started. Best wishes to both of you. Enjoy Christmas!

Hey ladies,

My very wonderful husband bought me (among other things) a Nutra Ninja for Christmas. Does anyone else have one, I have been creating some wonderful drinks, the cucumber with baby spinach leaves and melon and Chai seeds this morning was my finest yet. As yet I have not calorie counted anything but I’m sure it will help me when I get back to being healthy. I need to get through or give away all the chocs my students got me for Christmas first.

Has everyone stopped fasting over the festive season?

NEMum

Morning Nemum

I am at my mums until new year. Unfortunately she lives in Lancashire and her town has been flooded. We just made it here on boxing day, her house is not affected but the town was flooded….

I am full of a cold and am not fasting until early in the new year. I haven’t tried a nutri master but believe they are really good..

Hope everyone is ok, will be back fasting again soon now.

Audrey

Good morning,
    It is the start of a hot day here, but beautiful at the moment.
    So glad your mum’s house is safe from the flooding Audrey, but my heart goes out to all that are effected.
    Hoping your cold gets better quickly, that you are having a lovely time with your mum ( how is her leg going?), and looking forward to getting back to fasting. Give your mum a big hi from sunny Melbourne! ☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
    NEmum, my daughter has one of them, or a cheaper version, and just loves starting the day with a fruit drink.
    Have fun getting rid of the chocolates! I was given some and ended up binning them because I couldn’t find people to give them to.

I am the exception that proves the rule. My Christmas was so quiet I had no trouble keeping on fasting. I might be the only one in the entire world!

Hello to you all! A new year coming up! 🌎🌍🌏

Viewing 50 posts - 6,001 through 6,050 (of 7,330 total)

You must be logged in to reply.