Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 14,451 through 14,500 (of 14,786 total)

• Hi team, well done Beth, keep up the great work. Well, here we go again with another fast day😊 It’s a good cleansing feeling and a sense of pride when you get into bed knowing you’ve done it ☺️ We are going to be without power today from 8:30 so better shower and dry my hair before it happens. Could be along day, no radio or telly, just listening to the sounds of nature. I’m fortunate in having gas hotplates so can still heat water for my coffeeπŸ˜‰
    Have a lovely day team, try not to obsess on food, stay busy and the day will soon be over, cuddles πŸ’•πŸ˜Šxxxxxx

Thanks for the clarification Up about your group Facebook page.

Hello team. GG sorry you are not well. There seem to be a lot of bugs about once again. I’ve just come back from the local GP practise as I needed a referral to get a bone density scan. Most of those in the waiting room were coughing and sniffing. If I’d had a mask I would have worn it.
    CG and Fit. Thanks for the tips. I’m defiantly going to make an effort to dish up my meals on a smaller plate. My hubby is over six foot and I’m 5.4 but I still eat the same amount as he does. It’s no wonder that I’m looking like Edid Blyton’s Wobbly Man.
    I cooked up some Miso soup for lunch today and have another meal left for Thursday. Tonight it’s going to be smoked salmon and salads. I’ve also unearthed all sorts of herbal teas. I must check their caloric value but don’t think it mounts to much.
    CG my only exercise is walking and I enjoy that. I’m going to enjoy it a whole lot more when I’m a few kilos lighter! My present aim is to lose 5 kilos by Christmas.
    Cheers all and enjoy the day.
    XX Doggy

Doggy. I’ll join you on the 5kgs before Christmas challenge. And Beth great tip about cleaning your teeth after dinner instead of before bed. I’ll give that a go.
    My fast day is just not going to happen today. We did not Prepare for sit and find ourselves in a place that does not sell any fresh food so it looks like takeaway for me today. Think I’ll skip lunch, just coffee and then have a steak sandwich with the works for dinner minus the bread and see Hoow that pans out. Can’t see me being able to do one tomorrow either as we are packing the van up early and heading to Iluka and then I am going to Bris. Think I’ll just have to make this a week of just watching what I eat and doing a couple of almost fast day. Planning and preparation are the keys and unfortunately I have not done either this week..

Good luck to,everyone else being good.

Doggy and PH, count me in for losing 5kg by Christmas! That sounds doable if Jade doesn’t lead me too much astray in November πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚ As if I’ll need much leading!!! Lol! Best of luck with that bone scan, Dawg and just do what you can PH while on the move but don’t stress about it. πŸ‘πŸ’ͺπŸ’šπŸ’•πŸ’ž

Had a pretty good fast today so hoping I’ve started to redress the balance after the trip to Spain. I’ll fast again on Thursday but then I’m going away for the weekend……oh dear, I can see the 5kg challenge slipping away from me already! 😱

Would love to do that but I feel like you, Fit!

UP, I can see us being a very bad influence on each other! πŸ˜³πŸ˜œπŸ˜‰

Hi all. I’m in a bit of a rush today. Had to go to the furrier (podiatrist ) and he was running very late. I’m glad I took my iPad to do Sudoko as the reading of rubbish womens magazines gets my goat.
    I had a BIG win last night. For many years I’ve been on antidepressants due to chronic back pain. Pain now over but left with depression. These are a major contributors to weight gain. Anyhow meds also help me to sleep so have been loath to try and come off them. Last night I managed to do without. I was so chuffed.
    OK of to my weekly sewing group get together. It’s often more yakking than sewing but a nice catch up with the neighbours.
    XX woof woof.

Congratulations, Doggie! Well done!

That’s great news, Doggy! You are doing brilliantly πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ

Pleased with my fd yesterday. Hoping I’ll keep under TDEE until next fd and begin to see some progress then. Had a nice lunch out with my girls today, spanish omelette with salad. Drank plain old tap water…..not bad, eh?

Fit you are a legend! I’ll be back with the AD gang after our family leaves this week. Probably start back on Monday and well and truly ready and NEED to do so. My clothes are screaming at me I reckon!! We’ve had so many lunches out at almost every place in the district I think but has been lovely to have them here. πŸ™‚ Back home Friday after taking them back to Perth. Byee suejen XXXX

Thanks SJ! You’re a legend too with all that beautiful music you provide for people to enjoy, celebrate and worship with πŸŽΉπŸŽΌπŸ’•πŸ‘ Family times are precious and should be grabbed with joy every chance we get! We’ll all be riding the fd horse hard from now till Christmas! Yeehaw! πŸ‡πŸ‡πŸ‡πŸ‡πŸ‡πŸ‡πŸ‡πŸ‡πŸ‡πŸ‡πŸ‡

Hello everyone. I’m feeing very ordinary today as I had one of those nights where I just couldn’t sleep. I’m sure we all have them. Tossing and turning and keep looking at the clock. Anyhow I’m off to go and have a bit of colour in my hair plus a much needed cut so sure to feel better after that. I was also guilty of doing some unnecessary snacking while watching telly last night. The Peanut butter jar is now empty so that temptation will no longer be with me.
    Another FD again tomorrow. I’ve got my meals sorted for that. I’m so hoping I see a favourable result on the scales come Friday.

Hi team, sorry for the late post, early start with the calves, then off to the hairdresser (like you Doggy😊) then the dreaded dentist….but just a check up. He’s wanting me to spend over $1000 to “laminate” a cracked tooth, hoo hoo! Anyway then on to a hit of shopping, which ended up bigger than a bit! Home at 2:30, still not hungry, just made a milky coffee, so looks like an unplanned fast coming up 😊 Glorious day, 22 I think, same tomorrow, so plan on mowing and being out in it tomorrow😊 Don’t forget your planning, and stay strong team YOU CAN DO IT, choose well on NFD’s and your body will thank you πŸ˜‰πŸ’• cuddles xxxx

Hi all, I’m a Kiwi girl in my mid 30’s with an awesome hubby and two gorgeous teens.
    Am new to IF, started 3 weeks ago and I’d love to join the forum if you’ll accept a non Aussie?
    I’ve searched for NZ forums but they all seem to be abandoned. I’ve never done the online posting thing, I’m not even on Facebook!!! But I think reading all the posts from people similar to me doing the same things will make this journey easier if I join in.
    So how about it, can a kiwi take part here??

Lany hello😊 Of course you can join us, AUSSIE DETERMINATION is a mind set, not a nationality☺️ We are here to support and encourage anyone willing to toe the line with 5:2 πŸ˜‰ It is dead easy, don’t be hard on yourself, just be mindful of food choices and fast twice a week. Please ask any questions and one of us will answer☺️ Welcome to our team xxxxxx

Hi LANY!YOU ARE VERY WELCOME TO JOIN AUSSIE DETERMINATION. You are now an important team member, Joining an international group with members that are not only from Australia…we hail from Ireland, USA,and Tasmania.
    We are a very supportive group of professional women… there are no men on the team at present.
    Most of us are into our 2nd year of 5:2 and have had amazing results.We have hit plateaus where our weight has been unmoveable despite following the fundermentals of this W O L and W O E….way of life…way of eating.
    Do you have the “book” follow the plan and over time you will see the same amazing results that we have.
    We follow the 4 P’s which are as follows
    1…PLANNING…Planning your meals for fast and non fast days
    2…PERSERVENCE…staying on the plan of fasting 2 days a week for a total of 36hrs with a calorie limit of 500.
    3…PATIENCE…the weight will come off. Just wait
    4…PERSISTANCE…Keeping to the prescribe plan of 5:2
    It is not a DIET… 5:2 teaches you to make healthy food choices thst you can incorparate into your lifestyle without it disrupting your household.
    As long as you have your head in the right space and close your mind off to those tempting treats that are always around…you cannot go wrong.
    Anytime you need advice just put up your question …one of us will be there to answer and support you in the right direction.
    Good luck and welcome to the thread.
    YOU CAN DO THIS…..DO BRING IT ON…..GO GALXXXXX

Are you feeling any better GG…..back at work yet? Cuddles xxxx

Thanks Countrygal and go gal.
    I’ve been reading through a lot of the old posts here and noticed that Go gal is a nurse…me too. One of the Drs I work with has been doing 5:2 all year and discussing the method with her is what got me reading about it. I’ve also got an exercise science degree and the nutrition science behind what we are doing really appeals to me. I haven’t lost anything yet, but for the first two weeks I was too scared to stand on the scales. The fact that none of my jeans fit when everything was comfortable at the start of the year was enough to tell me I needed to take action.
    It’s the worst feeling I can recall having about myself when I stood in front of my wardrobe and knew that more than 1/2 of it wont fit if I try to wear it.
    I’ve been super active for about 10years, running, weight lifting and for three years doing martial arts training so I was up to training twice a day at least two days a week.
    My late 30’s body just can’t do that much and recover anymore and I think because I’ve been able to eat whatever I want with that kind of activity I’ve developed some really bad habits with sugar.
    I don’t like bread or pasta but I could live on chocolate and licorice all sorts…apart from the fact that they are giving me massive cholesterol problems (partly hereditary too) and shrinking my clothes i actually want to show my children a better example of healthy moderate eating on NFDs.
    I have finally stood on the scale this week, it read 66.6kg. I actually cried when I saw the number.
    I’ve been 58.5kg for so long that I stopped weighing myself but the clothes told me something was really wrong.
    For my three weeks of 5:2 I’ve found the fast quite empowering and manageable, not easy per se but not impossible. I plan them the night before and so far so good with sticking to the plan.
    I’ve found the NFD much more challenging. I think I took the eat freely message too far so this week I’m planning to monitor and make sure I’m close to TDEE.
    Thanks so much for reading and letting me vent, I think just feeling like I’m not alone in this makes me stay hopeful I can get back into my jeans and bring my bloods back into a healthy range.

Sorry. Typo for No 2 should be Preparation…..
    LANY you will do well…. not that much to lose. ..8kgs will ho in time……GO GALXXXXXXX

Lany we have all tried doing it alone and it never seems to work, any diet or eating plan, our AD team really helps each other. We weigh in every Friday, well usually, some have been a bit slack, but it keeps you honest, especially with your selfπŸ€” But now you are part of our team you will see a difference. The after dinner snacking is a hard habit to stop, but do it bit by bit, graduate down to fruit, then carrot strawers etc. A Jarrah hot chocolate is low cal and helps kerb the need for something sweet too☺️ Just keep going,it definitely works, and with not much to lose, it could be gone by Xmas ☺️Cuddles xxxx

Hi all!
    Lany, huge welcome to you. I’m from Ireland and fell in love with this great gang of gorgeous girls who took me to their hearts when I first posted feeling and sounding just like you do now. Non fast days are the biggest challenge for me too, even after all this time but when I stick to the plan I definitely lose steadily. However, life gets in the way…..holidays, weddings, birthdays etc and I need this wol to keep me anywhere close to my goal. I’ve been up and down over the last 18 months but overall I’m less than I was and I believe in the other health benefits of fasting. I never posted online before and I only joined Facebook last week! Stick with us and we’ll do this together!
    Now for confession time! SJ, the only legendary thing about me yesterday was the amount of ice cream I got through. It was so hot and humid here, I just couldn’t ignore the large tub calling to me from the freezer! 😱
    Doggy, I hope you’re feeling better today and that your new hairdo gives you a much needed lift. Chin up, dear, you’re doing great! πŸ‘πŸ’šπŸ’•
    CG, I’m sure your new ‘do’ is lovely too, your hair always looks lovely. Ooooh, shopping……what did you buy? πŸ˜ƒ
    GG, how are you feeling now? I hope you’re better and back on your feet so that you can get stuck into your new job just the way you wanted to. πŸ’ͺπŸ‘πŸ’šπŸ’•πŸ˜ƒ

Hi Fit and top of tha mornin’ to ya 😊 My shopping wasn’t very exciting,just groceries, fresh salad goods etc, but golly shopping is getting expensive! I go in to buy 4-5 things and come out with a trolly load, hopeless shopper, but can’t resist bargings….or reminders (oh I need that!) πŸ’•GG just contacted me,she’s no better, and still fighting it, poor girl, it’s awful and seems to take for ever any chest infection. What do you have planned today. We are getting beautiful weather, low 20’s but turning sour Friday,so planning to mow tomorrow,good fast day past time☺️ Cuddles xxx

Hi FIT! Morning to you . Well as they say “BEST LAID PLANS OF MICE AND MEN” so much for me getting back to 5:2.I have had 4 successful FD since starting back …BUT has that has gone out the door as I have been eating anything and everything sweet and cold to get relief from my sore throat not to mention the Antibotics and panadol rapid. Happy to report though I am on the mend S L O W L Y.I Have been having lemon and honey with a nip of brandy which is helping. I dare not get on the scales. Next week will be more positive….how can you say no when your OH makes such soothing mash potatoes with lemon juice and delicious little treats….Wishing all a successful fast day tomorrow. I will have an attempt……thanks for your care and love. Yours in tissues etc….GO GALXXXXX

Hi there CG and GG!
    Nothing special planned for today but will be leaving my younger girl to the airport. I try to write shopping lists but there’s always the ‘oh, I forgot this and that’ moment! Our local supermarket has a monopoly at the moment and is quite expensive but there are plans for an Aldi to open soon, which will help.
    GG, what a horrible dose you’ve got. I’m so glad OH has been looking after you so well and of course, fasting has to take a back seat for now. Hugs to you ((()))

Hi all just a quick pop in again. Have to get going and go shopping at IKEA. Oh the joy of it. Going back to the van from Bris today so will have time to catch up tomorrow. 5.2 nowhere to be seen! πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Hello fellow ADs. Welcome to you Lany. We have had one or two Kiwis before but they dropped by the wayside. I’m in a far better frame of mind today, having had a really good night’s sleep. CG,I had a bit of a chuckle about your dentist. We got a new bloke here a few years ago and he told me I had a small crack in a crowned tooth and it needed to be replaced.- at a cool $2500.00. I hastened to tell him that he was diagnosing this from the same dental X Ray’s that two other dentists had seen before and they hadn’t seen any problems. Sharks are not only in the oceans.
    So far I’ve not lost any weight, according to my scales. I’m a bit disappointed and if this trend continues I will have to look at doing three FDs a week to try and rectify the situation. I’m feeling well though.
    We’ve a large weather system heading our way with flood warnings. CG I think it’s going to get to you in Gippsland too.
    It’s now almost 10 am and I’ve not had any brekkie. I’m going to try and hold out till lunchtime and can then add an extra few calories to that. I do find the afternoons seem to drag so this might be the answer.
    Happy fasting all.
    ❀️❀️

Hi all
    I know everyone is weighing in on Friday but I’m going to wait until Saturday. I do early morning training Thursday and Friday…I’m doing pretty well to get my shoes on the right feet at 5.30am so remembering to weigh myself before I head out the door might be one task too many for me.
    I’ve done my 2 FDs this week and am confident that I’ve stuck within my TDEE allowance again today. I’m feeling really positive that I should be able to see change on weigh day, if not I’m holding tight to the encouragement on this forum that it will happen.
    Little bit worried about controlling my regular Friday night Licorice All Sort craving tomorrow but I know I’m getting on the scales on Saturday morning and holding myself accountable to posting the numbers here.
    If nothing else my work days (today and tomorrow) always leave me feeling blessed for all the good things in my life. I have beautiful wonderful teenagers and a husband who I adore which is still more than many people I deal with have.
    I’ll draw on my desire to be the best happiest version of me for them and bypass the supermarket on the way home tomorrow….hopefully
    Wishing everyone a great weigh day tomorrow can’t wait to see how successful we have all been this week😊

Hi Lany and what a lovely post.. I’m sure the two fasts will work for you, and weighing Sat instead isn’t a problem, unless, the all sorts get in the wayπŸ˜… Leave them till Sat night, I adore licorice, but stopped having it in the house, I couldn’t leave it alone. I fasted yesterday, accidentally, choices, no appitite, easy dinner….thought I’d do another today so started with mowing, to stay busy but came in and made a fruit and nut loaf, my own recipe, and have had three slices already, not the mention the butter I “slice” on it😱 So I might fit a third fast in tomorrow and weigh Sat with you😊 Often you’ll find our thread a buzz, and other times it seems quite, we all get busy with our lives and forget to post, so never worry no body is here😊 We all get emails, so someone is watching…….Cuddles and stay strong YOU CAN DO IT xxxxx

Well done Lany. Slow and steady wins the race. Remember that sometimes the scales don’t move but the tape measure does, so take measurements too as you go along. Also, you might notice that your clothes fit better or feel looser, so there are lots of ways to see progress. You have a good outlook and attitude, counting your blessings which will help you in this wol. Best of luck πŸ‘πŸ’ͺπŸ˜ƒ

Hi there CG, we crossed! I’m starting my fd and will weigh in tomorrow (Friday). Not expecting a huge loss but anything at all will be a step in the right direction. Thank god I can’t bake or I’d be the size of an elephant! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ƒ

Hi Fit,n😊 I don’t bake very often these days, but bought a huge bag of mixed nuts and fruit at Aldi, it just screamed at me! When I got home I thought what the hell did I buy them for,nso turned most of them into a loaf a froze in portions. Nice to offer Julie with a coffee when she comes to help in my garden…..but I did leave some out for me for each night up to Sunday, and my next real fast😏 Turned out nicer than I thought so it might not last that long…..cuddles xxxx

Doggy take care in the miserable weather we are being warned about, looks like we will both cop it, but Tassie is really in line for it, Cuddles cxxxx

Lany try some licorice tea…it works wonders for me as I’m a licorice bullet freak. A nice sweet hit with no calories. Xx suejen
    Off to the WCE footy final tonight.

Whew, sorry to be awol for a few days – not used to having to keep my mind on my job lol. And this week I have an extra talk to give to the office I used to work with, so of course had said yes to that long ago and now it’s time to actually prepare something to sayπŸ€”

Big welcome to you Lany – love your sense of humor and determination. I’m the Yank in the group! I found myself in a similar situation, feeling the weight creep up (though due to post menopause, so about twice your age! Never mind, we’re all young at heart). Eyeing my clothes and feeling sad that few of them fit. With 5:2 I’ve lost ~ 20 lbs and am far healthier. And feel so much better. It’s good to confront your triggers, too – if it’s licorice for you, the best advice is, if you believe it’s a habit, then break it. Try to go 3 weeks without (you may have to build up to that). Just a thought, sweets habit was my problem, but different things work for different people – it’s what I love about sharing ideas on a forum. Most of us had never been on a forum before, but somehow we found each other and it’s been wonderful.

Ha ha Fit, legendary ice cream consumption is one of my talents too.πŸ… Or was, before I found myself becoming lactose intolerant. Naturally I keep a stash of lactaid in my purse, BECAUSE YOU JUST NEVER KNOW.
    GG, I had to have ice cream with my sore throat recently, too – just felt so good to put the fire out for a few secondsπŸ”₯β˜ƒ I’m so sorry you’re still feeling bad, but glad OH is taking care of you. 5:2 must wait until you feel better, I believe that’s a unanimous feeling. Also fairly unanimous that it takes a back seat to family celebrations, though sometimes I’m a bit too creative in defining a celebration. I’m just a celebratory kinda gal.☺️ So SJ, you enjoy your family, a fresh horse will be waiting for us next week🐎😊 I’ll save one for you too PH – just enjoy the camping!πŸšπŸ’œ

CG I hate to ask for your fruit and nut loaf recipe, because it sounds decadent but that is my fave combo. Will you share please? Brilliant to slice and freeze, though I’ve been known to enjoy a frozen cake….πŸ™„ Those steel chompers of mine (caps) can bite through anything.βš”

Doggy, good to see your new deterrmination – the scales can be wicked and frustrating, but eventually they WILL capitulate. And I feel your pain re the dentist bill – just got the bills from my “pain management” 😱 (on top of the massive ER bill) and am thinking I will manage myself without their help from here on out. Should have known, since it takes place in a hospital….our med costs are out of control here.

Shout out to the rest of the team – hugs all – better go get myself ready for the dayπŸšΏπŸ‘šπŸ‘–πŸ‘ŸπŸ’ΌπŸ•ΆπŸ‘ΉπŸ˜Žxxxx

Oh Jade, if only I could be allergic or intolerant of any foodstuffs but no, not that lucky! πŸ˜œπŸ˜‹πŸ˜‰

So I slept in this morning, decided I’ll do some exercise tonight which meant I remembered to weigh myself.
    Last checked on Tuesday before I decided to sync my schedule with everyone here….down 1.4kg in 3 days. Must be water weight but still encouraging.
    Hope everyone else gets the same good results todayπŸ˜€

Brilliant Lany, you’re on your way! It’s very encouraging even if it’s mostly water weight. You’ve made a great start πŸ‘πŸ’ͺπŸ˜ƒ

Hi team, late start, I slept in till 9:00 😱 So unlike me, just about to feed my calves and will weigh in when I shower. Jade, I have emailed you πŸ˜‰πŸ’• I hope you all have success with your scales and/or tapemeasure this morning, and well done Lany, you are on your way….Cuddles πŸ’•xxxx

Hello everyone and happy Friday. Lany, you have a great attitude and are obviously a glass half full person. It is wonderful to have a happy family life but not everyone is as lucky. We had a surprise visit from one our daughter’s friends yesterday. Her daughter and our granddaughter started prep school together in Melbourne and are still best friends in their mid teens. She had such nice things to say about Erika and how supportive she was of her little friend when they were both so new too school.
    Well my weigh day was not fantastic but I’m down by 1/2 kilo. I think I’ll switch to pounds where is sounds more ! Measurements down a bit too. I’ve now managed three days without antidepressants with no adverse affects. If I can keep this up it will be interesting to see if it makes a difference to my weight loss in the long run.
    CG, so far the NW coast of Tasmania is copping all the rain. This is the area that was devastated by fires last summer. Talk about famine or a feast. I’m hoping it gets to us eventually as our tanks can do with a top up before summer arrives.
    Oh and my hand is up admitting to being another liquorice lover. I also enjoy liquorice tea. But the chocolate covered logs are my favourite.
    As I’m sitting here having my mid morning coffee I can hear the surf pounding on the beach. It is a lovely sound.
    XX Doggy

Morning Doggy, I’m wondering if you should try every second day with your meds to wean off them,going cold turkey is a bit strict? But well done in deciding you no longer need them 😊 I have just come back from feeding my calves, very balmy morning, next doors cows are hanging over my fence, all very vocal this morning, be it a weather warning, I’m not sure. Skies look ominous too. I was being swooped by Swallos trying to build nests in the hay shed this morning, and my boys were loving it, they must have covered miles in my paddock chasing after them. They are dear little birds, and I don’t mind them in the hay shed,they usd to build their mud nests on my deck, but the mess from them and their babies once they start learning to fly, was incredible. You wonder how so much can come out of one tiny bird! Yes, looks like we are both in for it weather wise, floods expected, but I’d be looking for Noah’s Arc if I ever flooded in the hillsπŸ˜……..okay shower time, and my weigh in, wondering how much damage my fruit loaf from yesterday has done, Cuddles πŸ’—πŸ˜‰xxxxx oh and .5 of a K is better down than up 😊

Hello! I would love to join this group.
    I am originally from Melbourne, but now live in Sydney. Single mum to a gorgeous 7 yo boy. I am a nurse also, but now (almost) a registered psychologist, just finishing off an internship.

At 47, I find myself pretty much in earlyish menopause and have found a consequent very stubborn weight gain!!! My friend did the 5:2 and looks amazing, so I am determined to lose the stubborn kg’s and feel great. I started early August and have lost 2kg, which didn’t seem like much until I measured myself. 6cm off my waist, so very happy about that.

This groups looks fabulous, hello everyone, nice to meet you πŸ™‚

Hi Neptune and welcome aboard. Most of us are/were nurses and some teachers here too. You have done really well with your loss so stick with us for the motivation and encouragement. We do offer a lot of hints and tend to get off subject at times, but love each others feed back on life’s situations.
    I just weighed in, down a K from last week, but still sitting on 70K AGAIN, note to self: be more stringent on NFD’s!!! I’m still happy sitting on 70k, my “new” clothes fit well and I am fitter than before 5:2 because of the wonderful loss, and not carrying the excess weight. Sure, I still get the odd day of pain and flare ups, usually self inflicted from over doing things, but over all, I feel really well.
    Have a lovely day/evening team, life is yours to live,so enjoy it AND DON’T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFFπŸ’—πŸ˜‰πŸ·xxxxx

WELCOME NEPTUNE….Congratulations on your success thus far.
    Well done to you Lany…you are doing great…. water loss or not.
    After my week of bronchitis rehab I am very happy with todays weigh in . 77.5kgs. So despite what I imagined was going to be a huge increase I have lost 2.5kgs. When I started back on the 1st August I was 79kgs.. I put on a kilo each month that I was not fasting…..so there is the proof…fasting does work. Though I must admit I did enjoy the break .,obviously kicked the metabolism back in.
    Doggy glad to know you are feeling better and have not needed the meds. Hope this continues for you.
    The wind has a chill in it today on the coast, so I am not venturing out today ,wanting to be 100% fit for we ork next week. I am so bored. Thank the stars for Netflix ,have watched a few good movies and tv series…can never be bored watching DOWNTON ABBEY.
    Have a great weekend ……..love and hugs……GO GALXXXXXXX

Hi all!
    Big welcome to Neptune! We’re a friendly bunch here and delighted to encourage newbies. You’ve done well so far and you’ve seen the proof in your friend’s loss, so just go for it! πŸ’ͺπŸ˜ƒ
    Doggy, I agree that half a kg doesn’t sound like much but if you did that every week, you’d be really happy! Good advice from CG on the meds, I think but if you feel good carry on. Be kind to yourself, I think you’re doing really well since starting back πŸ’•πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ
    CG, you always write about your surroundings with such love and joy that it’s infectious! I love imagining the scenes you describe. I have to deter the swallows who try to build a nest in the apex just above my patio doors so I know all about the mess they make. It’s impossible to get that mess off too! 😱
    GG, hope you’re feeling better now. Good loss too, woohoo! Enjoy resting up and check out Poldark if you haven’t seen it yet, the lead actor is Irish….tall, dark and very handsome! Should have you feeling better in no time! πŸ˜‰
    I’m down by .9kg so happy with that. 65.8kg now but off to Kerry for the weekend so there will be lots of repair work to be done next week! πŸ˜±πŸ˜³πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‰

Thanks Go gal. So sorry you’ve been unwell.
    I’m finally over a nasty flu like illness that hung onto me for three weeks, I too chose to relieve some of my misery with TV. Love love love Downton but I’ve seen it all now and got totally engrossed in ‘Suits’. Nothing similar but a good binge watch when you’re stuck on the couch.
    It’s great to hear you have proven the 5:2 method for yourself with the time off showing gains and progress again now that you are back into it.

Hi all. Welcome to you Neptune. It’s good to have a psychologist on board. Keeping on the 5:2 is a mind set thing. I got very dispirited 6 months ago and instead of giving myself a bit of a break, I gave myself a six month break. Needless to say a years of work went down the gurgler and I piled on 10 kilos. I’m determined not to do that again
    CG I hear what you say about the meds but so far am coping well without them. I’m very aware of the signs of depression and am monitoring myself. I’m also loving hearing your stories about the farm and animals. I used to be a very keen gardener but interest has wained since my Total knee replacement and I’m not as agile as I was. I’m now sticking to containers. Yesterday I had a fun time planting out some herbs. Today I’m going to plant out some flowers. I love pansies with their cheery faces. Also putting in some Petunias and Lobelia. We’ve had sweet B all in the way of rain. We are still hoping for some to come down from that system that it lying off Qsland and NSW.
    I have given MFP the flick. Im pig sick of all the ads that keep popping up. I now have a app called Fat Secret and it just as good if not better than the fore mentioned.
    This morning I was woken by the morning chorus of birds. It’s the fist time this spring. We have lots of trees and shrubs about plus the bush just across the road. If we don’t close our front gate at night, we have the wallabies coming in a grazing on the plants. Not to mention the drippings they kindy leave all over the driveway.
    ❀️❀️

Eek typo. The wallabies leave their droppings and not their drippings! Well maybe that too but it’s not visible.

Viewing 50 posts - 14,451 through 14,500 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.