Amazing April – 2024 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 264 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  SongBirdMe 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 251 through 265 (of 265 total)

• Day 29 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 227 lbs. Planning another FD today, probably FD500. I had hoped to do some extending fasting this week, but my mom wants to make lasagna on a day I’m not fasting, so Tuesday will be a NFD…probably OMAD since I can anticipate something good at home!

@funshipfreddie I just discovered this person’s videos a few days ago. He is a traditional nutritionist in many ways, not really believing in IF and low-carb diets, so I take many things with a grain of salt. But I did find his experimentation with proteins and carbs on his own blood sugar interesting, and I figure that is very closely related to weight gain.

Pocket List Day 29 💐
    @jaifaim
    @at
    @northgeorgia

Day 29

I’m away doing medical tests; full disclosure tomorrow. 😂

I ate WELL yesterday so am polishing my halo this morning.

Have a grand one, everyone!

Second post

Oh, @brightonbelle, my deepest sympathies for you, your DH, your FIL, and the whole family. ❤️

2nd Post – Day 29

Here’s the link to the ‘Mindful May 2024 Challenge:-

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/mindful-may-%e2%98%af%ef%b8%8f-2024-challenge/#post-354468

Day 30 NZ NFD 74.3kg

Hmmm… Minus 400gm… not a great result for the month…
    Last month was 300gm and before that 1+ kg month on month. I’m looking forward to the monthly restart with @funshipfreddie at the helm.

@brightonbelle I’m so sorry to hear about your father-in-law. I hope you have a lovely funeral with good memories shared.

See y’all tomorrow with a fresh outlook!!

Day 30 – NFD – South Africa 🇺🇸
    Morning all. I did my monthly weigh-in this morning. I didn’t reach my goal of 76kgs but lost some cm’s and I’m just 1.3kgs of my April goal. Wish I can say I’ll work harder in May so I can reach my goal of 74. But I also started a new job. Apart from not drinking any water due to back-to-back meetings, I cldnt exercise yesterday morning or evening and even this morning – just soooooo tired. I’m will make better attempts at the water. Have a great day all.

Day 30 – Ireland – CD 🚫 ✅ 🚶🏽‍♀️ 🌾
    153.3 lbs

Dear @brightonbelle thank you so much for hosting in what was a terribly difficult month for you 💕 thinking of you all now.
    @stitchincarol I hope the tests have gone ok and that it is nothing too sinister you are testing for? 🥰
    Hi @merryapple! Good to see you there and a loss is a loss! We’ll get back on track in Mindful May 💪.
    @excelsior12309 – you’re so right about the crisps/potato chips!! They are my weekend downfall right now… but must cut them out – well particularly the big bags… standing back from the situation it’s just crazy after all the good work done but… once that bag is open… 😭😂
    Thanks for setting up the May challenge @funshipfreddie – our numbers are super low at the moment… hopefully we will see some retuning friends for the summer. 💕💕
    @leoniraats just take it a day at a time… you’ll find your routine in this new job but the first few weeks are always a little tricky… congratulations to you! 👏🌟

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 30 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – CD 70 kg 🎉

Up a kilo for the month, but still maintaining, & one day to go. And my neighbour says I’m still skinny, so all good 😅

@leoniraats – you wake up early?! It sounds like you’ve got a lot on your plate – no pun intended. But a loss is a loss & you’re headed in the right direction. Best wishes for your new job

@merryapple – thanks for setting up the spreadsheet 🙏 It looks more like pink than purple on my screen though?!

@brightonbelle – thank you for steering us through Amazing April 💐

Hoping to see everyone in Mindful May

Pocket List – Day 30 🥦
    @fastingnurse

Day 30 UK NFD

Thanks all for being so understanding about me being a terrible host this month , I am so pleased to be handing over to @funshipfreddie

I’m so with you on the crisps/chips @jaifaim @excelsior12309 We managed to polish off a giant bag on the train home yesterday

@leoniraats – excellent progress 👏

@merry🍎Hey a loss is a loss , always next month

I wasn’t sure about your post @stitchincarol , sad or happy emoji? wait to hear today

Hoping to hear more on @flourbaby s move in May ?

I’m sure your cutting back on the fizzy drinks will reap benefits @northgeorgia

So I’m signing off on April 2lbs down See you all in Mindful May

Day 30-No. VA USA-FD 800

Well, weight is stable, so that is good, but I hope to shave off a few pounds in May. Trying to decrease the “featherbed” appearance over the next few months. I have some nice summer clothes I want to feel comfortable wearing.
    Thank you @brightonbelle for hosting, and sympathy to your DH and to you for the loss of his dad.
    @funshipfreddie, I know you will guide us well through May. @leoniraats, you will do fine once you have settled in your job routine. You are headed the right way! @merryapple, a gram down is a gram less, so there is that. Better times ahead!

Day 30 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 226 lbs. My overall weight for April was 229 lbs, up a couple from March. I’m hoping to reverse that in May with my choices on NFDs.

@brightonbelle, I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your father-in-law.

2nd Post – Day 30

Pocket List – Day 30 🥦
    @fastingnurse
    @excelsior12309 FD800

Day 30 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD – 162.6

Okay, full disclosure: there is a possibility I had a heart attack on March 21, and yesterday I had a stress test.

Wow. That looks stark, huh? The test went fine, showing no problems at all, so there are more tests in my future, but so far things look good. The nice thing about it all is that I was so busy on Sunday getting ready for the recital, and then couldn’t drink any alcohol, so had no chance to go overboard at the restaurant afterward; then on Monday, couldn’t eat before the test–which was zero problem, of course–but then wasn’t even home from it and the DEXA scan that got thrown in for good measure until early afternoon, so had almost nothing to eat before we went out with our boys to celebrate the good news, so my weight this morning may be the lowest Tuesday morning weight in a long time. I haven’t kept complete records, but it appears so, making today feel like a winning day also! 😇

@northgeorgia Ouch. My Spindrift is bad enough at $6…

@funshipfreddie Great name for next month! I do love alliteration…

@brightonbelle What a difficult month for you, and you still managed to get in a post on this last day–that’s true dedication, and I think you did a tremendous job and the word “terrible” needs to be removed from your post. How’s your FIL doing? (And, for that matter, your DH?) When is the funeral for your MIL? Will your FIL be strong enough to attend?

Partly because I didn’t know what the tests would reveal, partly because I still have the Ascension Hymn Fest on May 9, and partly because I’m tired and stressed and overworked, I’ve taken May off from piano lessons, so today is my last day to teach for several weeks. Of course, that means I don’t get the money either, so that’s a sad thing, LOL! But I’m absolutely looking forward to the break; I’ve taught pretty much year-round for three or four years now, and I’m ready for a serious and meaningful break.

And on the sheet that I have to track my weight and updated at the beginning of March, I wrote: I CAN DO ANYTHING FOR FIVE MONTHS: I’M MUCH TOO SMART TO BE THE ONLY THING STANDING IN MY WAY. So that will be my mantra for May; in the meantime, it turns out I’m down 2.8 pounds since the first day of April, and that makes me smile.

Have a grand one, everyone!

Pocket List – Day 30 🥦
    @fastingnurse
    @excelsior12309 FD800
    @stitchincarol WFD

@brightonbelle – sending so much sympathy to you and all your family

I’m alive and quite well – holding at maintenance. Sure do hope to be more involved in May~

Viewing 15 posts - 251 through 265 (of 265 total)

You must be logged in to reply.