Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 14,401 through 14,450 (of 14,786 total)

• Disastrous day of overeating and snacking. REALLY need to fast properly tomorrow! 😱😳

Hi all, I fasted yesterday no worries. I think this pup is going to keep me on my toes!
    Thanks goodness my daughter is here to occupy her a bit while I puppy proof! She will cart her off to show friends. Of course I can put her outside with Wally my other doodle but I like to keep an eye on them at this stage though so far all is going brilliantly. Wanda has already learned to negotiate the stairs and is now unstoppable, which I had hoped to avoid for a while. She is also very smart and curious. Oh dear! It makes me realise how far Wally, at 2, has come. My husband thinks she will end up being Top Dog. We will see.

So book club at my house on Thursday so no second fast this week. I have mentioned before that changing days NEVER seems to work for me. We are on Week 2 of my husband’s serious attempt at improved stats, so will be loads of fish and healthy veg for dinners this week. Hoping that my attempts to work with him will help me too!

Don’t worry everyone, you can do it, I know exactly what it is like to try and get going again after a break but when you do finally get the fast days happening successfully, it becomes easier, just like it was before.

Hi team, one fast is better than none Up and yes changing days can feel strange, but give it a go, you might surprise yourself. Life will be full and fun whilst your puppy works her magic on the family, they are such a joy.
    How did everyone go with their fast yesterday? Rebellion does kick in sometimes as does kidding yourself, “oh just one wont hurt” but it does, there is always tomorrow, and look how quickly today arrived😊 So tick off one fast this week, relax a bit, choose wisely for your NFD’s and be prepared for your second fast, no matter which day you decide☺️ WE CAN DO THIS …..cuddles xx

Tomorrow never comes.

Well, tomorrow has arrived and I’m fasting and feeling determined! πŸ’ͺπŸ˜ƒ

πŸ™‚

Good fasting today….how is everyone else going?

Hi everyone. I’ve been MIA for a few days as our internet was down. This new whizz bang NBN is great but when sometning goes pearshaped it all goes down even the landline.
    This is my second FD this week and so far all is going to plan. I do tend to feel the cold on FD but tell myself the diet must be working as my body is missing the extra calories. I’m not holding my breath for any noticeable weight loss tomorrow but feel it’s going to be a slow process. It’s a marathon and not a sprint after all.
    Enjoy the day and tomorrow we can have that sense of achievement of successfully completing another week.
    πŸ˜€πŸ˜„πŸ˜Š

First day of Spring and 26 here, Doggie. I do like that about Qld compared to other places I have lived. You are doing well with that cold weather!

Well done Doggy! I used to feel extremely cold on fds during the colder weather and I almost gave up fasting because of it. So wear lots of layers and drink hot drinks.
    We’re heading into autumn/winter here and the days are already noticeably shorter…..not looking forward to the rain and cold. The only bright note is that Jade will be visiting in November so that’s going to bring some sunshine of the heart!
    My fd yesterday turned into a semi but I suppose that’s better than nothing. Hoping to fast tomorrow. My younger d arrived home today and we went out for brunch….yummy! πŸ˜‹πŸ˜ƒ

Oops almost forgot this thread was hereπŸ€” I’m with you on the semi fast, Fit – thought I had one in the bag yesterday with a light take-out dinner with friends, but forgot to add in the wineπŸ™„πŸ·. Well, it was Pinot Grigio and she said it was “very light” ….OK lol I can almost see CG shaking her head…I know that’s not how the game is played. But let’s pretend it is, Fit, in NovemberπŸ’š

Up, I saw some gorgeous doodles in Central Park – one was a striking reddish brown, I think more like your older one? I love them, they just look so huggable (I did restrain myself on that score). Central Park is off leash to behaved dogs before 9 a.m. and it was so much fun to watch them playπŸ’•

Doggie, sorry about the cyber troubles but congrats on riding that 5:2 horse like a old proπŸ‡ – fasting does make me cold, so sipping hot coffee/tea is just the thing. It’s not cold here now but I’ve been sipping anyway with this blasted cold. It’s amazing how often I’ve mistaken thirst for hunger. Just wish I had a bladder bigger than a thimble. Got lots of exercise climbing over people on the plane to get to the restroom, felt like people behind me were thinking “goodness, you again?”

And speaking of exercise, it’s time to tidy up before the cleaner gets here. Boy do I love having her come around – thank goodness for the service industry as I get more and more into the golden yearsπŸ’›. Lovely day to all🌈, see you over on fb soon, dawg? xxx

Nkt sure what’s happening, FB is good but you lose track of threads, seem to jump all over the place. I had a great FD today. Went out to lunch with brother and SIL and O my had coffee, so very proud of myself..πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡ won’t be home to weigh in
    and D does not have scales..so have to leave it till next week. Well done Doggy…and the new NBN is so much worse than we used to have.. Always going down in our area. And as you say you lose your phone as well.
    Thanks for the comments about the house Fit. We were so pleased with the pictures.

Jade you are so small that if you lost any more weight you would disappear. Maintaining is great for you..and you seem to be doing that well.
    πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Hi UP. Sorry I missed you, yes Spring is in the air!! Loving it.

I have to agree PH about the multiple threads on FB but I click on notifications to open all the new messages wherever they are, so I think I’m getting them all that way…..I hope! But I love our group and the photos and updates from everyone are great fun. πŸ’žπŸ’•πŸ’šπŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ

Just doing some researching and planning as I’m wanting to start 5:2. Came across this page and these forums and am blown away by the support and motivation out here! I’m a female from Perth! Looking forward to being on this journey with all of you guys.
    PLEASE let me know of any tips for starting out (I have been reading a lot but still) 😁 so excited and anxious to start

Hi Rachiil and welcome:

If you go to the upper right hand of the page you will see a search box. If you type in exercise on fast days you will get over 4000 hits.

Here is most of the information you will need to be successful with 5:2: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Hi Rachiiil, great to see you here. Have you read The Fast Diet book by Michael Mosely? It explains it all very clearly and simply. We also use the four Ps……plan, prepare, patience and persistence. Plan your fast day meals in advance, have them prepared so you don’t have to wait if you’re hungry, be patient for results and be persistent because this is not a diet but a way of life and it does work. Drink lots of fluids such as water, green or herbal teas, or black coffee on fast days too because we often mistake thirst for hunger. Use a calorie counting app such as My Fitness Pal to help you keep track of your calorie consumption. Best of luck! πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ

Hi Rach,

Pick your fast days and stick to them. Avoid anything with sugar in it like the plague. No biscuits, cakes chocolate ice cream etc. Avoid simple grain based carbs like bread pasta pizza rice. Avoid potatoes. Get the majority of your carbs from veggies. Avoid fruit juice. Eat only whole fruits, never dry or desiccated fruit. On fast days drink lots of water. Chew gum like your life depends on it. Eat mindfully on NF days.

5:2 works if you give it a genuine go.

Good morning /evening team. Another fast day done and dustedπŸ˜‰ I hope it went well for you. I haven’t done my weigh in yet but will soon when I shower😊
    Hi Rach, and welcome aboard 😊 This way of life and eating is so very doable…..if you have the right mind set. I have lost just over 30k in a very short time, although at the “hard” end now and have been for some time, but still maintaining and no excess gain. At the top of the page in ” how it works” work out your TDEE which gives you your daily cal requirements when not fasting. Download MY FITNESS PAL and do a daily check on your calourie values. It does get tedious but becomes a habit, even if you do it for a couple of weeks until you get the idea of what an average day should be☺️ There are no restrictions on what you can eat, but portion control IS. a big factor. If you restrict yourself too much, it’s too easy to give upπŸ˜‰ you’ll find if you use a smaller plate, you are still satisfied with the amount. Try to log ALL you eat and drink in MFP to learn where your cals come from. We will walk this path with you, and please ask any questions you want. Remember, this is NOT a diet, it’s a way of life😊
    PH, I’m with you, I sometimes get lost on FB too, unless we all stay in the same paragraph!
    Doggy, well done, coming back is like an old pair of slippersπŸ˜‰ Easy and comfortable xxx
    Have a great day team, I’ll check my weight shortly and let you know. Has anyone else weighed in this morning, ? CuddlesπŸ’•xxxxx

HI bigbooty, looks like you have joined our thread, as well as others. Tell us about yourself and your success with 5:2, we’d all like to know 😊

Mornin’ CG! I’ll be fasting tomorrow and will weigh in on sat. Went to visit very dear friends this evening whose two daughters are around the same age as ours and the whole eight of us were together for the first time in ages. We ordered chinese , pizza and ice cream! Plus a few glasses of wine…..mmmm! πŸ˜‹ It was a really lovely evening, just like old times when we used to spend a lot of time together when our girls were small. Happy days πŸ’žπŸ’šπŸ’•

Hi everyone, my name is Beth and I started the 5:2 fast diet on Friday last week.

I’m just over 5’7 or 171cm, 54 years old and my starting weight was 81.1kg.

I was 61kg when I turned 40. Always slim until my 20’s (when I moved out of home and started making my own meals). My weight has been up and down a bit but steadily climbing since I was 40. Dr says perimenopause and menopause plays a part but I see plenty of other people my age who are not overweight so I’m determined to make changes.

Met and married a lovely farmer 4 years ago and the last 10kg have come on since then. Moved from Sydney to the country and felt some obligation to produce full on meals every night for my husband working outside all day. Consequently, Ive ended up eating nearly the same amount. Trouble is, I’m lazy when it comes to exercise. So, too many cals in and not enough out.

Time to change. Not happy with my size and the GP suggested 5:2 when I asked for suggestions. Tried it for a short time 2 years ago and lost about 5kg so am back with determination! Re-read the book to refresh my memory and it makes sense and seems doable to only restrict cals 2 days per week.

Have done 3 hilly, 40-45min walks since last Friday, lovely to be out in the sunshine.

3rd fast day today and very hopeful I might pop into the 70’s by tomorrow morning!

My original goal weight was 65kg. I changed that to 79kg as I thought achieve smaller goals and just amend the goal weight down as you go along.

Feeling really positive that this way of eating is sustainable and sensible for life. I find I’m looking forward to the fast days to challenge myself.

Love the supportive nature of these forums – fantastic motivation and stories from others help you in so many ways!

Welcome Beth. I’m sure that having succeeded with this way of life before and with your renewed determination, you will achieve your goals. Small, achieveable goals are a great idea. Best of luck! πŸ˜ƒ

Hi team, welcome Beth, read what I suggested to Rach, it will all help, PLUS, use a smaller plate, you’ll be surprised at the difference, still have the same as your hubby, but half as much πŸ˜‰
    Fit that sounds a perfect get together and as we know, 5:2 is forgiving……..if it doesn’t happen too often😊 I’m glad you enjoyed it, and luck with your fast xxxx
    Well I started the week with the same zigzag weight, 72.3K and this morning after two fasts 70.3K so lookin’ good, but tiring of this bloody zigzag! Gotta get off this merry go’round!
    Calves fed, so off to do some shopping, have a lovely day team and DON’T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF!!!!😊❀️xxxxx!

Hi CG,

Lots of “groups” on this forum. Don’t really belong to any group as such, I just tend to pop in and out. Male, 55 year old, 178cm tall. Decided Id had enough at the beginning of 2015, would get puffed walking around the block. Started my weight loss journey Feb 2015. Initial weight was 92kg. Didn’t find out about 5:2 until beginning of October 2015. Jumped in with both feet and used to do Mon/Tue water fasts. I reached my goal weight in March 2016, 71-72kg. Have been in maintenance mode since March. I still water fast every Monday. I now find it very easy to fast and it doesn’t stop me from doing anything. Im quite strict about Monday fasts. I fast regardless of the situation or occasion every Monday, no exceptions. For me this works. Biggest dietary changes have been getting rid of bread, breakfast cereals (they really are quite bad for you), fruit juice (might as well just eat sugar). Eat a lot of veggies now, mostly raw (not potatoes) in salads. Ride my bike every Saturday morning. Its my “happy place”.

Welcome Rach, Bigb & Beth. I won’t reiterate what others have already told you about how to do the 5:2. We tend to use a bit of abbreviation ie. FAST Day is FD. NFD – non fast day. MFP – My Fitness Pal app. WOE- way of eating. WOL- way of life.
    My FD went off well yesterday. I must remember to drink some of the herbal teas that I have. I felt a needed a hot drink late in the day and landed up with a Jarrah hot chocolate. It’s about 47 cal but did put me slightly over my 500 calories. Guess what? I actually forgot to weigh myself today but will do so tomorrow. IF I’ve lost anything it will only be grams not kilos but that’s OK too. As long as it’s down and not up. I’ve just got back from the supermarket and bought salad stuff plus other leafy greens that I’m going to use to prepare my meals for next week.
    I’m so chuffed at having the Internet up and running again. I’m old enough to remember a time looooong before we had mobile phones, the Internet etc but it’s become such an integral part of how we communicate that I feel deprived without it. Thankfully our ISP sane the modem via a courier. If it had been Australia Post we could be waiting weeks.
    Enjoy your day team. I cope very well on FD without my happy hour glass or two of vino but am looking forward to it tonight.

Oops typo. That would be sent and not sane.

Thanks everyone for the welcome and good suggestions.

Congrats CG on 30kg lost, that’s awesome. May I ask how long it took you? I find others stories really inspiring.

Would love to hear what others have achieved on 5:2. πŸ™‚

The support on here is absolutely incredible. Thank you everyone for your tips ! Today is my first FD and surprisingly not hungry at all and it’s well into the afternoon. Living off and loving the green tea πŸ™‚ Also went on a 5k walk in the morning. So far so good, will be able to have a nice meal tonight seeing as I haven’t had any calories (yet).

Hi Beth and Rach, your welcome for the support,that’s what we are here for. Every time someone tried to go it alone, they fall back into old habits, so our AUSSIE DETERMINATION helps keep you honest more so with yourself 😊 Beth it was under 12 months for me to loose 20k then I started the 5K plateaus, plus have had 4 surgeries in the last 14 months, each major,so that put a spanner in the works on loosing much, BUT I have maintained, a zigzag of 2-3 k’s per week is normal πŸ˜‰ the 5 K Plateaus I mean I sat on 80k……then 75k for about 8-9 months, but kept plodding, now it’s 70K, I get to 69k one week then 71-72k the next 😑Grrrr, but patience is a virtue so I’m happy with my efforts.
    Keep up the great work and feel the pride and benefits, it will happen but not overnight, but each week you’ll get results, either the scales or tapemeasure πŸ˜‰Have a lovely weekend πŸ’•xxxxx

Hi all!
    Boy, do I need to fast today! Apparently, chinese food, pizza, ice cream, cookies and wine are not very slimming! Who knew?! 😱😳
    Doggy, I’m sure you are going in the right direction even if you were slightly over the 500 cals. Keep up the good work. πŸ’ͺπŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ
    Bigbooty, it’s great to hear such a wonderful success story and how you manage your maintenance too…..this wol is so adaptable and flexible, there’s a method to suit everyone. πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ
    CG, you continue to inspire us all with your perseverance and endurance πŸ’ͺβœŠπŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ

5:2 works. You just need to find a version that works for you. For me being super strict worked. It didn’t allow me an “out”. In the end I was actually looking forward to Monday. Still do. Its my big reset switch.

Wow there’s a party here all of a sudden! Welcome Rach and Beth and hi again BigB. Congrats Doggy on riding the 5:2 horse like an old proπŸ‡Glad you have internet again! PH, you’re a shining example of control just having a coffee but yes!! It can be doneπŸ’ͺ Fit, lol they laid out a righteous spread at that shindig didn’t they?? Chinese AND pizza….just needed some southern fried chicken and cracklins to make it a food orgyπŸ˜‚ Not much one can do except remember there’s a fresh pony waiting around the corner🐎🐎. I’m one who has to have a nibble of everything – very curious palate. But it sounds like a really fun time sharing the memoriesπŸ’š

So much good advice from CG and the team. 5:2 does work but each of us is different in how we tweak it. I’ll reiterate that being too strict can backfire. You have to find what foods “set you off” – it may not be what sets others off. Low-carb works very well for some, but I’ve tried it, using all four Ps I swear, and it is just not for me. I do limit my sugar and bread, but not potatoes – mostly because potatoes don’t do that πŸš€thing to my appetite. Just be a detective as far as your reaction to foods and adjust your NFDs accordingly. The whole point is to eat normally on those days, and finding normal can take some time. as we’ve often said, if we ate normally we wouldn’t be on this forum! MFP does help, as I had no idea how many calories were in some foods. Beth, you mentioned eating as much as your farmer husband, and my OH always wants me to eat whatever he’s eating. He’s a foot taller! He’s finally gotten used to the idea that I can’t eat as much as he can.πŸ˜‰

Busy Friday here, paperwork and such to slog through – good luck to any fasters and enjoy the weekend!πŸ”†πŸ·πŸ’œπŸ’šπŸ’›xxx

Hi all. Had a very successful week. Two good fasts and moderation on the other days. Do not have my scales so cannot weigh but very pleased with myself. Welcome to,all the new members on the thread. Just a quick pop in for me today as I need to get going. Enjoy your weekend. πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Good morning everyone and welcome to the newby’s like me…
    This week has been ok…I’m pleased to say on my FDs…but have been struck like lightening
    to realise I am an emotional eater!!!
    Glaringly so… I know that might sound like “doh” 54 yo and you don’t know this???
    I have always made an excuse for overeating
    Tired, busy day, don’t want to offend friend who has made something, yummy..etc etc
    I had some bad news Thursday night..
    and ate everything I could get my hands on yday!!!! It soothed my mood.😬
    The good news is the problem has been resolved.. and I have had an enlightening self discovery!!! Hooray!!!
    So only down .5kg… but feeling positive “moving forward “😊
    Thanks for listening… Have a good weekend 🌸

Hi all. HT I’m sure that you are not alone being an emotional eater. We all have our reasons for being overweight. Some like me just enjoy food and eating. I was not always like this though as was super thin for most f my life but started to pile on the weight 8 years ago after a Total Knee Replacement. The op was not 100% successful and I’m not nearly as mobile or active as I used to be. I was just looking back at some previous stats and this time last year I was 67 kilos. I’m now 78. This is because I became dispirited and decided to give the 5:2 a break. In retrospect this was stupid of me but I’m back into it again. My weigh in today shows I’m not lost any weight but some of the measurements are down a wee bit. I refuse to be disheartened and will keep on with the support of this fab group of people.
    Another tip for the newbies is to serve your meals on a smaller plate. I think we got this pearl of wisdom from CG.
    XX woof woof.

Ha, Fit. Fancy that!

Welcome new people. I had lost 13 kilos down from 76 to 63 before I went travelling and generally AWOL. Am now about 67 and trying to get back on track.

Once you get the hang of it is so doable. I have no trouble fasting. It is the socialising around it that has slowed me down recently but cutting alcohol on NF days to 2 days a week, really helps.

Hi all!
    UP, looks like we’re twinning again! I remember when we were both 63kg, now I’m 66.7 this morning and really hoping to get my act together. I have to accept that I can’t have multiple coffee dates every week and still expect to lose weight……doh!! HT, how’s that for stupid!! πŸ™„ We’re all on a journey of self discovery which never ends but together we’re stronger and we can help each other to accept our weaknesses and build on our strengths. .5 down is great, keep going. You’ll get there πŸ‘πŸ’ͺ
    Jade, I’m saddling up that fresh pony and holding on to the reins for dear life! Yeehaw! πŸ‡πŸ‡πŸ‡
    Doggy, you’re on the right track again and have learned from your mistake, no-one can ask for more. Changing measurements show it’s working, keep up the good work! πŸ’ͺπŸ‘πŸ’š
    PH, well done on getting back to basics….a good lesson for us all! Best of luck with the house and your new life…..exciting times πŸ˜ƒπŸ’•

Morning all,
    Went a bit mad last night, back at home in my comfortable chair, and my bottle of scotch. Celebrating our first successful open house. Have to get back on the horse today. So looking forward to a good week next week. we are planning on hooking up the van and visiting local beaches for the week so hope I can be good.

HT. Good discovery, even at this stage of life. I too am an emotional eater and even though I know it, find it hard to stop. It will take some time to get on top of it. The trick is not to have anything bad in the house. Then when you are emotional there is only healthy stuff to eat.

Up and fit. You are twinning again. πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Great attitude Doggy. It takes a while to move those pesky kgs, great that the measurements are doing well.

Must fly and pack the van.πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Hi team, planning and preparing day for most of us for tomorrows fastπŸ˜ŠπŸ’— it should be second nature by now anyway……
    Fit you and Up are stll great weights, but yes, getting back to where you were can be a real battle, but I’m sure with true AUSSIE DETERMINATION you will both succeed😊 Life has offered you both curve balls with travel and a huge social life, so time to take stock and get back into serious fastingπŸ˜‰
    I still have the same plateau,zigzag problems, but maintaining around 70k STILL, I think my scales are stuck!! Anyway with the warmer weather on our horizon, and more outdoor activities, as in the garden happening, I’m hoping to see a downward trendπŸ˜‰ Bottom line team, as long as we are staying healthy and having the better choices in our meals, we are still ahead, could be just our portions we need to watch, and certainly backing off on that treat when out with friends.
    Enjoy your Fathers Day Sunday πŸ˜‰ (Happy Fathers day Daddy, I Miss you so much❀️) tomorrow in another day, so let it flow today, tackle tomorrow when it arrives😏 Cuddles xxx

Hello everyone. Well I did a daft thing last night. I found a jar of crunchy peanut butter in the cupboard and kept going back for another spoonful. I deserve a kick in the pants for that. I’ve decided to be stricter with my eating habits on NFD from now on. I’ve never bothered with sticking to my TDEE but am going to start from tomorrow. We do eat healthy food but I must admit to a fondness for homemade bread and other carbohydrates that are high in calories. With the promise of warmer weather I will start eating lots more salads and less stodgy meals.
    CG what about a few tips of how you manged to lose so much weight. Do you religiously stick to your TDEE? As I’m typing this, we are about to go out with a group of friends for Fathers Day. We are going to a hotel and if I’m not mistaken I will be having the roast with all the trimmings. Mins you I’ve just cooked up a batch of Miso soup for my FDs next week.
    Note to self. – Must try harder.
    🐷

Hi Doggy, my biggest tip is a smaller plate! With anything……we eat with our eyes, and if the plate looks substantial, we are satisfied even before we eat, if it looks half emply, we grab for bread and butter to have with it, or mentally plan sweets…..well I do anyway😱 I don’t drink enough water ANY day of the week, but still running to the loo, so no probs there. I do vary my diet, as in eat everything and anything, so as not to get stale with my menus….then look for chocolate or something else to zitz it up a bit😊 I do eat bread,pasta and rice, but in a small bowl only, or one occassional sandwhich (not 2) my biggest problem is in front of telly after dinner, that perfect snacking time grrrr😑 No answers to that one apart from AUSSIE DETERMINATION plus extra coffees I don’t find tea has enough “body” so stick with coffee and a dash of milk, hey, I might as well enjoy it! My exercise is zero apart from farm work, it’s too cold to go to water aerobics yet, so only go 4-5 months per year, so other than that, and of course regular fastings….or close to, I don’t have any secrets to share😊 Oh, I only ever use full fat/cream as I find a smaller amount more filling, where anything lite, skim, no fat low fat, still leaves me feeling empty and wanting more. Hope that helps, maybe others can share their hints too, a lot I haven’t mentioned are our common sense ones…….how common is that?
    The team are still yearning for you to join our FB page, it’s just us close friends, but respect your decision, cuddles xxxx

Hi team and Welcome to our new members Have had nothing much in the way of food over the weekend due coming down with a cold on Thursday night. Every one of my joints ache. So have lived on osteo ease and lemon and honey. Water
    OH has made chicken soup and vegemite soldiers for me.
    So forced fast.
    Are you all prepared for tomorrow?
    USE OUR ASSIE DETERMINSTION TO CONQUER thOSE tempting treats and barista brews
    Its only one day 36 hrs of fasting most of which we will.sleep through.
    All the best…….GO GALXXX

Hi all!
    PH, of course you had to celebrate your successful open house! I’m sure you must have had lots and lots of positive comments and feedback. Enjoy your travels in the van! πŸ‘πŸ’•
    Doggy, we all have our own particular triggers, especially on nfds. I’m battling my snacking demons all the time on nfds. I find it very hard not to eat between meals and that’s what causes most of my downfalls. So, recognising that is the first step. A roast dinner is not the worst thing in the world to have if you go easy on the potatoes and gravy and fill up on veg. Brilliant planning ahead for next week too! Best of luck πŸ’ͺπŸ’š
    CG, I think we all reach a sort of natural weight that fits our bodies and lifestyle and getting any lower than that is always a struggle. However, I do feel it’s worth keeping going in order to have some ‘wriggle room’ and, of course, for the other health benefits of fasting. I also know I’m never going to reach maintenance because I enjoy life too much! πŸ˜±πŸ˜‹πŸ˜ƒ
    GG, so sorry to hear you’re not well. πŸ™ Glad to hear OH is taking good care of you. Get well soon πŸ’žπŸ’šπŸ’•

Hi Fit, yes all so true, making 5:2 just part of our lives is very doable instead of making it all our lives. It never feels like a diet, but still works and is our way of life. Sure, we could all still cut back on something, but I still think, being too rigid doesn’t always last and we tend to give up because it’s too restrictiveπŸ˜‰πŸ’•xxxx

Hi everyone, great posts, really interesting.

Congrats again CG on your 30kg lost, that’s very inspiring!

Jade, what’s “all four P’s” ? I’m intrigued!

After 3 fast days I’m down 1.3kg and fasting again today. Hoping my Mum’s lovely cooking yesterday, for Fathers Day, doesn’t show up tomorrow at weigh-in 😯

I have a tip which might help some with snacking between meals, or particularly after dinner. If I clean my teeth straight after dinner, I have no desire to snack afterwards. Having a ‘minty’ mouth seems to lessen the desire for food, for me.

That leads me to think chewing gum between meals would help but I read once that chewing gum is not good for weight loss as the stomach thinks food is coming and releases chemicals or whatever and makes you hungrier 😞

Happy fast day!

Ps. Do you all belong to the Facebook 5:2 diet Australia group or are there other fb groups you know about?

Hi Beth. It is confusing. We should stop referring to our FB group because no it isn’t that one. It is a group of us who have been doing this for a long time and have physically met each other. This thread has had the same core of people on it for a long time but now, there are quite a few new members here such as yourself so it must be confusing!
    I do belong to the 5/2 page you are talking about though, but don’t check it often. I should! I love the before and after pics in the album.

Fasting here today. Good luck to all who are fasting today.

Hi Beth, great weight loss so far, well done πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ The four Ps are: planning, preparation, patience and persistence. That’s a good tip for stopping the evening snacking, I must give it a go!

For anybody who isn’t on the 5/2 Australia page, join and check it out! I just saw a great photo set of someone who has lost 40 kilos doing this!

Viewing 50 posts - 14,401 through 14,450 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.