Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 14,501 through 14,550 (of 14,786 total)

• Hi Folks I’m back!! My family has gone & now I’m ready to re-start 5:2 again with 2 FD’s next week. And to log in daily as I have so missed that. But I had a wonderful 2 weeks with my brother & SIL and we had lots of fun AND lots of food. My brother said his 2 favourite memories were sitting on a rock overlooking a beautiful rocky beach having lunch. Lunch was a bought baguette, ham cheese tomato & we kinda threw it all together, along with a nice glass of wine. It was a gorgeous day with crashing waves over the rocks spraying everywhere (well not in our direction…the rocks are a little way offshore!). His other was another lunch! in a berry farm where the birds like blue wrens come down to your table & pinch jam sugar or cream. So many times almost got winged by a bird shooting past!!
    Anyway now we have our house and our normal life back & I can get back into the routine I soo need. I will be using MFP as I feel that I’m going to need it for a while to keep me on the straight & narrow. I tend to make excuses for myself way too easily πŸ™‚
    Welcome Neptune good to have you on board & boy I wish I could lose weight so easily off my waist. It’s one area that refuses to budge much. Doggy take your 1/2 a kilo and celebrate I say!! I know we always want the earth but all those 1/2 kilos or 200 gr or whatever all add up and will get you the total you want………little by little. Lany a fabulous start to your 5:2 WOL. Way to go!!
    A BIG hi to Fit GG CG Gyps Jade PH and Up. Have a lovely weekend all. I have nothing much planned and that’s JUST what I need. No visitors to attend to or to take anywhere. Just please myself πŸ™‚ suejen XXXX

Hi sj and welcome back 😊 What a lovely time you have had with your family and I’m so pleased he enjoyed it, with all the troubles he has had, it may give him insentive to come again. It’s a big trip but he’s done it. The two days you spoke about sound memorable to you all. R&R is a definate need for you this weekend, then back….well and truely to 5:2 knowing how well it serves us, if we serve it well ☺️

Gee you come out with some good ones CG! Where do you get them all from πŸ™‚ It serves us well if we serve it well…..classic! Sj xxx

Hi SJ it’s good to see you back. I’m so pleased for you that you had a good time with the family. We all know it’s virtually impossible to stick to fasting days when one has visitors. It’s pretty easy to get back on the horse again after a break. I too have the same issue with my tummy area. Mine is quite revolting at this point in time. As I say this, I’ve got quite interested in cooking after all these years. I’ve just cooked up some yummy stuff for tea tonight. I’m not even going to bother to count the calories as it’s going to be over my TDEE. Tomorrow I will be more strict wiht myself.
    Has anyone tried Ryvita crisp bread? The wafers are less than 40 calories. I’ve substituted two of my slices of bread with them. I quite like them.
    Has anyone heard from Lotus? She used to come up with some good recipes.

Hi All.
    Yes, Lotus? Where is she?

Doggy, my bread substitute are corn thins. I love them!

Hi all, 5.2 is nowhere in sight at the moment with all of the flitting about that we are doing, just to keep house sparkling for Open Houses. We have had two so far and lots of individual inspections during the week so I think It had been a good idea. But have to go home for a few days to rest up my back, so I will have a few days where I can almost get back to it, except OH will not be there to cook for me. Too messy. I will however get back to the pool. The Last Open House in next Saturday so will join you all again then.

Thanks for the welcome everyone πŸ™‚
    Great tips for bread substitutes! I now have ryvita on my shopping list.
    Has a not so good NFD yesterday, my son was at kids parties all day and dinner sadly was take away – very unhealthy. I did enjoy it, but it was very fatty and I didn’t enjoy it as much as I used to….so that’s a good sign!

Today is a NFD as well, but determined to eat well and healthy, despite 2 more kids parties today – my son hardly ever goes to parties, but I think all his friends were born this month!

I have been studying hard and realised recently I very rarely do anything for myself, so I have booked a ticket to see a movie tomorrow once child is at school – usually my day for studying, but will relax and do something nice for my self while I am fasting.

Happy Sunday everyone.

Good morning all.. Happy Sunday!!
    Fast days going ok-ish… Was REALLY hungry last Thursday… ate everything I could find on Friday and haven’t been able to tread the sensible path over the weekend…
    Had a difficult week at work… and my emotional eating issue has reared its head!
    So…..can someone send me some harden up
    Vibes please?😬
    Will keep going…

Toughen the *uck up princess. When you are stressed you need to find your “happy place” that isn’t food. For me, my happy place is when I ride my bike. Find an activity that is your happy place.

Hi team, Hath, we all get days like that, but just move on 😊 The later you can hold off eating the better, often the wrong food choice to begin with wakes that hunger dragon, and it’s never satisfied 😱 Take carrot straws or alike in a container to work with you, sure they sound boring, but they really satisfy 😊 Don’t beat yourself up either, it serves no purpose, just get past it, fasting tomorrow so be planned and ready …..
    Neptune golly what a social life! You really have to look at your choices, sure the occassional treat is fine, but you will undo the benefits of your fasting. Once you get that mind set in the right place you find it so much easier, just get your AUSSIE DETERMINATION kicking in…it’s easy ☺️
    Hi sj, gee it’s nice having you back on board as with you too Doggy. Yes I love those dry bikkies, but even then, a bowl of soup or a salad is even healthier ☺️ Sure I know soup often needs something with it, but if you can eat it alone all the better😊
    Monday is around the corner team, don’t use today to “fill up” because you only defeat the purpose……look in the mirror, and remind yourself WHY you are here! Set yourself some goals, 2-3-5 K only at a time, then persue that goal YOU CAN DO IT, be IN control, 5:2 IS dead easy to follow, but being aware of choices and portions IS a big factor. So give yourself a damned good talking too, be prepared for tomorrow, and try to start with healthy food choices today, each portion you cut down, each treat you don’t have, will show in your clothes, the choice is yours ☺️ Let’s see how serious you are, I know you can do it…Cuddles πŸ’•πŸ˜‰xxxxx

Right!!!!!!
    Thanks BB and CG! I needed to hear all that!
    I will get sorted now.. πŸ’ͺ🏻

Hi everyone. Some good tips from CG as per usual for those of us who have fallen by the wayside. I totally agree. To beat oneself up is not the answer. Let’s face it, life has it’s ups and downs and even if we’ve made some bad choices in the past we can rectify it in the future. Yip I had a look in the dreaded mirror again today and almost did a double take. I don’t look like me anymore so it’s a great incentive to stick to this WOL and WOE. I’ve got my prep done for FD tomorrow and am raring to go for another week on the 5:2.
    Jade I was thinking about you last night as I landed up watching a doco on Donald Trump. Man oh man what a megalomaniac. The thought of him getting into The White House is way beyond scary.
    I’m just sitting here having my mid morning coffee before I head off to the garden to plant out somemore seedlings. I live a pretty sedentary lifestyle these days and am making a concerted effort to get out of my chair and be more active. We had another lovely long walk this morning. Met up with a neighbour and had a good chin wag.
    Enjoy your Sunday. 🌞

Hi all. Taking advantage of having nothing of ours in the fridge whilst dog sitting at a friends place and having an unexpected Fast Day. Also having a couch day to rest by weary bones so should work well.
    Have decided to bite the bullet and stop making excuses and get back to 5.2 NOW..😠😠😠 So going to start by recording everything in MFP for all days to see where I have been overeating on Non Fast Days. I find that the best way to manage. You only have to do it for a week or so usually to really get and understanding once again of what cals all of the food you regularly eat really are and the positions you need to stick to.
    HT. Sending you hardening up vibes😠😠 you can do this but it takes effort. I too have been making excuses but it must STOP. Head the advice from CG and perhaps start recording your food. I know it takes time but you do not have to do it after every meal. Even once a day at night when all your work is done is OK at least then if you have gone over you will know not to do the same again, and it gives you time to reflect, It is a learning curve and takes time to understand just what to eat. You can do this!! Just hang in there.

Neptune, good on you for doing something for yourself.. Make sure you drink lots of water too, have some on hand during the movie, will stop the munchies after you come out. Good luck

Doggy …well done for getting back into the walking, and catching up with neighbours. πŸšΆπŸšΆπŸ‘πŸ‘

SJ. Missed you. Nice to be back here together and getting back into weight loss mode. Looking forward to your posts.πŸ’•πŸ’•

WOW…BB they are very strong words to use…BUT the right kind.Agree… HATH, bad food choices are never going to help get you out of your dark place.Good advise as BB wrote to find “that happy place” find it in music,movie, a walk on the beach enjoying the sun and the sound of the surf. Or get on the thread and download to us!
    Five months ago I decided to give 5:2 a break…it was great not to fast and have any food and drink I wanted .I had hit a plateau that just would not budge….I become really frustrated . Still did pilates and walked BUT the proof was there that fasting worked as I gained a kilo for every month I was not fasting.I went from 74.5 to 79.8 in that time…today after starting back on the 1/8/16 I am 77.5kgs.
    AUSSIE DETERMINATION will get you on track and the team will be there all the way with you…. BRING IT ON ….YOU CAN DO THIS!
    HUGS…..GO GALXXXXXXX

Hi all
    Neptune, what are you studying? I’ve just enrolled for next year to do some post grad but we have also offered on a new house on Friday so I’m a bit overwhelmed wondering if I want to risk overloading my plate (literally and figuratively)and lose my focus on unwrapping the smaller me from my current extra layers.
    I think it’s great that you have the awareness to take a time out in a constructive non food way when u need it.
    HT I’d love to send you harden up vibes but I honestly believe we could all benefit from a dose of kindness. We spend so much time berating ourselves when we think we have fallen short of where we should be. Would you look someone you care about in the eye and chastise them the same way you do to yourself when you look In the mirror? If the answer is no, then try looking at yourself and saying something kind, I don’t care if it’s about how you look or how you treated the lady ahead of you at the supermarket or what. Just show yourself some love and keep moving forward. The process of finding the new you is just that, a process. Keep following 5:2 as diligently as you can and praise your self for all the small things you get right instead of beating yourself up for all the still small things you feel you don’t.

Day 11 NFD NZ
    Four NFD in a row, not quite so good yesterday or the day before. Back on track today though and looking forward to a FD tomorrow and a small vege based dinner tonight

Lany, I’m with you, just keep going, each day is a new beginning, a new lesson. Try not repeating your mistakes, keep looking in the mirror, there IS incentive there! Being hard on yourself sets in rebellion, and it’s not needed. Just remember why you started 5:2, it is basically only two days a week, the other seven is “normal” eating, but that doesn’t mean throw caution to the wind. You do find in time your appitite changes, your yearn for sweet things leaves you, so hang in there…..it will happen πŸ˜‰πŸ’•xxx

I’m blown away with the support here..
    Thank you all so much.
    It’s onward and upward for me and as you say CG.. remember why you started…
    πŸ’œ

Yes, that’s why we are here, to support and encourage you 😊 We might not be logging is as much these days, but we hover and get the emails as soon as someone needs help😊 And we respond πŸ˜‰πŸ’•xxxx

Hi Everyone boy the forum is buzzing! Takes quite a while to read through all the posts but that’s good. We know that many others are out there cheering us on πŸ™‚
    Lany I agree we DO have to praise ourselves for things we got right, acknowledge the bits we got wrong and then just move on. I’ve spent too long on way too many diets to be so hard on myself any more, or to feel the guilts that should NOT come when we’re doing our best on most days to eat healthy. Now having said that occasionally I have had to ask CG to give me a kick in the pants cos I’m just not taking 5:2 seriously or feeding my face day after day with no thought about FD’s!
    GG I’ve done about the same as you but in less time methinks – 9 1/2 weeks in America put on 5+ kilos but must admit that fasting was just too hard. But like you I’m determined to get back to where I was…and then move on down folks.
    Thanks PH I reckon any FD”s that you can fit in will be a bonus with all you’ve got going on. All the best with all those open house days & extra visits too. But if you’ve decided to start again now & use MFP that’s wonderful. that’s what I’m going to do. We all suffer from food amnesia and some of us worse than others! I think I’ll be horrified when I record on my NFD’s what I’ve eaten. I just keep shoving food in my mouth & yet on a FD I can go almost all day without so it’s pretty ridiculous to keep saying to ourselves I’m hungry all day!! NOT TRUE πŸ™‚
    Doggie you and me both re the mirror. In fast I just realised that I’ve got back to the stage of avoiding every mirror/shop window I come across & that’s just not on. So I need 5:2 to rescue me & I need to serve it well as CG puts it. Let’s both work on that body image & get it to a much more acceptable vision!!
    CG I’ve given myself a damned good talking to & I’ve started preparing for tomorrow. Ready and rearing to go!! Happy to be back with you all πŸ™‚
    Hath as others have said you’ll have days like that. We all have them from time to time but they DO get less and less and the cravings for many foods – especially your personal weaknesses do lessen and almost disappear I promise you! And not having stuff in the house is part of the planning & preparation – or replacing of certain items with healthier ones. I do find that for me NOT having my weaknesses in the house is the only way to go.
    Neptune I too LOVE your idea of a healthy treat for yourself! Great beginning to your journey. Hope you’ve survived all the kid’s parties.

Well looks like I’m back with a vengeance!! Better stop NOW before I write a book. Best of luck everyone with your planning & preparing. Get it done today so you’re all ready & rearing to go. And then all you have to do is persist and have some patience if the hunger pangs set in. Best thing about them is they ALWAYS go away…truly. And a drink is often all we need…then another…and another. Have a great FD all. sj xxxx WE ARE A STRONG TEAM OF AUSSIES (FROM ALL OVER!) SO WE CAN DO THIS πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Hi all!
    Can’t possibly comment individually this time, gals, because I’m about to check out of our hotel here in the stunning south west of Ireland. Meeting up with old friends to stay the night with them before heading home tomorrow. Should be wonderful end to fabulous mini break. Not sure that the scales will agree! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ƒ
    I’m with you all on the kindness front, which doesn’t mean making excuses or letting ourselves away with murder, it means we find other ways to encourage ourselves and each other to keep going. Non food related treats and rewards are a good idea and celebrating or even just noting each little victory is a good idea.
    Best feet forward, ladies! We’re all in this together and raring to go as the seasons change over and we want to see the best version of ourselves looking back from the mirror! WE CAN DO THIS! BRING IT ON!

Hi everyone
    I’m 21 from Canberra, and used to post in this forum back in the early days (about two years ago I think) when I was on the 5:2 diet. I think I fasted for about 8 to 10 weeks and went from 65kg to 60kg (very close to my goal). At the time I was working full time in an office job, and still living at home with my parents so I found it very easy.
    However, I moved out of home at the beginning of last year (into a share house) and started university, and since then my eating habits have gone out the window, and everytime I try to fast it barely lasts a day. When I’m studying or working on an assignment late into the night (already feeling very frustrated) the last thing I need is to feel hungry. I’m also terrible about being organised and cooking for myself so often when I finish an assignment at midnight and am driving home from uni, the easiest thing seems to be to get McDonald’s which is not only extremely unhealthy, but I really can’t afford it either.
    As a result of all this, I’m back up to 67kg,and especially at the moment (when I’m incredibly stressed at uni) I can feel the weight coming on very fast and I just feel unhealthy (I realise I’m not ‘overweight’ at this point but I could easily become very overweight if I continue on this path, and I feel unhealthy).
    So as we come into spring, I want to start the 5:2 again and am hoping that posting and committing on here will help me stick to it. I’m also wondering if anyone has some tips about what I can easily make (I’m a useless cook, and don’t have much time), especially for taking to the library/uni with me, and keeping me sustained through essay writing.
    You guys really helped me out last time, so it’s good to be back!

Thanks everyone!
    Georgie

Hi Georgie, I do think I remember you, and you were having troubles with late night study and eating. My only suggestion is taking home made food with you. They don’t have to be fantastic meals, just basics. Thick veggie soup in a thermos, or salads in a container. If cooking bugs you, fill the freezer with frozen meals from the supermarket…..and wait till you get home to have one, heat in the microwave so very quick for you.
    Welcome back, once your mind set is ready, I’m sure you can do it. A hard boiled egg is easy and filling,carrot straws are crunchy and sweet…….there is so much you can do to help yourself, good luck πŸ˜‰xxx

Hi all. Late post just to let you know fast day successful…yeah!! Talk to you all late tomorrow as I have Pool in the morning at 8am and I can’t wait to get back to it..πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

Georgie,

No cooking involved. Add 100g of tuna into a raw veggie salad and add a dressing that you like. The salad can contain any veggie that you like. chopped up mushrooms, zucchini, capsicum, cucumber, grated carrot, broccoli, tomatoes, chili, tofu, cheese etc. A big bowl will keep you full for half a day/all day. $25-30 worth of veggies should see out a whole week. Buy the tuna when its on special, usually $1 per 100g tin. Block of cheddar cheese for $7 will last weeks.

Thanks everyone!
    I was also wondering what people do in terms of consecutive or non-consecutive days. Last time I did 5:2 I was doing consecutive which worked quite well for me as I liked to get it done in one go, but do you guys find that one way works better than the other?
    Also, it’s amazing to see how much people have progressed since I last checked this forum in early 2015. Well done everyone!!

Hi Team!

Lany, I have finished my psychology degree and doing a very testing 2 year internship. So the study involved sending in case studies etc to AHPRA (many nurses here who know who that is). Lots of little tasks I have to tick off along the way, as well as signing off the psychological hours with clients. Nearly there, 8 months to go.

Countrygal – thanks for your motivational words! Back on track, and planning meals for the week which I know really helps me.

Hello Georgie, good on you for coming back to a place where you know it works and the support is there for you. I haven’t tried back to back, and personally I wouldn’t be able to do it, as the one thing that gets me through a FD is telling myself that tomorrow is a normal day. It’s a personal thing I guess, and it would come down to what works for you.

Today is a FD for me. Originally I was going to a movie after school drop-off, but sadly I now have sick child at home! This has thrown me into a spin, and nearly wobbled and threw off my FD, but got myself some determination and will see the FD through, because I know today is my easiest day to fast and I don’t want to have to deal with my disappointment later. Sadly, no movie today for me. But maybe next Monday I will spoil myself. I am waiting for my exam results (National Psych Exam) so maybe they will arrive today.

Loving this group, the tips, the support. So happy to have arrived here.

Morning all. Fasting today after a big weekend. Georgie, I do Monday and Thursday. It seems the best option for me.

Hi team, are we ready, feeling confident, feeling bloody minded enough to prove to yourself YOU CAN DO IT 😊 Okay, our fast is underway! Don’t obsess on food, drink heaps all day, it’s filling and doing your system good, if going out, try to stay away from all those yummy cooking smells😏 Stay busy, get your hands or mind into something, the day will pass easily for you, and keep remembering WHY you are here😊
    “Life doesn’t get easier, you just get stronger”πŸ˜‰ And away we gooooo Cuddles xxxxxx

Hi team. Welcome Georgie. Hat my tip would be not to keep temptation foods in the house. Give away or just ditch all the junk stuff. It’s almost a possible for most of us to resist that yummy chocolate, packet chips or whatever.
    GG, SJ my experince of having a break from the 5:2 is a mirror image of yours. When I first started to fast I was loosing a kilo a week and thought I’d be down to my target weight in no time. Needless to say as the months went by it became more difficult to loose those kilos. I did , however, manage to drop 11 kilos in about a year. Then I struck the plateau and got disheartened. Stopped for six months and have gained 10 kilos. I think IF any of us start to feel disheartened again we need to share it on this site. We can encourage each other and remind ourselves that the 5:2 does work. Yesterday I made another decision. I’m going to give up alcohol ie wine. I will start with this week only and see if I see any noticeable difference. All those empty calories aren’t doing me any good. Having a few drinks before our evening meal has just become a habit. So I’ll let you know how I get on.
    XX Doggie

Hi gang wrll here most of us are ready and rearing to fast again. I got a real fright as I stepped on the scales to have a start point. I was up to 75.8 when we got back from our USA holiday. Now after feasting ourselves around Margaret River with family I’m starting again at 77.9 Yikes!! No wonder wasn’t happy with the mirror!! So I’ve gained back 8 of the 12 kilos that I lost with 5:2.
    So onto a dinky di true aussie fast today with determination to start the journey down again. My norning coffee awaits. Have a great fast all suejen xxxx

Hi team…. YES ….we are ready to kick this fast day off! I started yesterday so am doing my famous B2B.Just get your head in the right space and you will have no problems doing one yourself. Have been busy this morning…pliates 1hour ..done washing…done…water ,green tea, miso and hard boiled eggs ready for my afternoon shift. Am going to take my pedometer with me….This facility is big so am interested to see how many steps I will reach by 10.30pm tonight.Already have 1000 steps clocked up at 11am.
    I am positive those fasting today will be successful. OUR AUSSIE DETERMINATION IS STRONG! We have done this before and know the rules of engagement…its a great day to kick some kilos! SO BRING IT ON!
    SUEJEN ….I am with you ALL the way today.We are both the sam weight ….SO LETS DO IT GAL!!!!
    Have a wonderful day…….love snd good luck ……GO GALXXXXXXX

Yes GG with you all the way…except the part about working till 10.30! So not with you on that one :). But about to boil my HB eggs & choose my meal for dinner before I go shopping. Let’s kick those extra kilos to the kerb BAM!!! sj xxx
    PS And as you know a B2B is not for me either. Been there tried that….not for me! Monday & Thursday it is as like others I soo look forward to the day after a fast! But kudos to you girl for having the guts/determination to do it again & again.

DOGGIE….I agree with you about getting on the thread for support when we are disheartened by the pleateaus that during the 1st 12mths many of us went through. Why did we not turn to each other.?..this time We will.
    We have seen the benifits of this WOL and know that it works with using the 4P’s to help us achieve the goal.
    This time last year I was 71kgs….I was caring for Dad and really did not eat very much in those 14 days.
    Good luck on giving up the wine ….be kind to yourself sometimes…..GO GALXXXXX

I have been busy this morning and just having a break and checking email. Hadn’t even thought about food until I read this email!

Anyway, I agree with whoever said no more excuses. I will never resume losing if I don’t stop that. It may be hard to work around social life etc but in the big picture, I want to live a long time. At my friend’s 60th the other night, of the 2 couples, which means 8 parents, I am the only one who has one still alive. My mother died in her 30’s but the other 6 parents all died in their early to mid 60’s.

So we need to harden the f*** up and just do it. No more bullshit! We actually know it isn’t that hard once you get back into the swing of things.

Cheers all! πŸ™‚

I think it was Chopper Reid that said people needed to harden the *uck up. My wife actually met him but that’s another story.

No thanks BB I prefer to see the softness in people, empathy, understanding, and a heart, foul language is only a lack of vocabulory, and kind words get better results…….

CG, it was me not BB!

I stand by it but in saying that, I do think we need to be forgiving of ourselves when we err. It is just one day.

However, maybe it is just me who needs to harden up! I was down 13kg’s to 63 in July last year. I have been hovering between 67 and 68 for ages now. I let myself put it on and when I finally started 5/2 again, I have made every excuse under the sun for why I am staying the same. Yes, I’ve travelled a lot and so forth but if I really want to lose weight I just need to get on with it. It isn’t as if I don’t know how!

Up, all’s good, and you have already understood why you fell off the wagon, and berating yourself wont help. Today is a new day, getting back to the way of life and eating is your first big step. I doubt any of us could have stayed on the 5;2 WOL with all the adventures you have had, but you have made the new resolve, now it’s up to you to stick with it. I know once you see that first few K’s start to disappear, the rest will be easy. The damage is done, now it’s up to you to rectify it and we can all help. I don’t see what you have been through as excuses, they are a fact of life, but it’s in the past now and you are ready to be the new you which you know is so very possible….Cuddles xxxxx

Was I being blamed for something?? Really depends on how people respond as to how you go about motivating them. Some people like a stick, some the carrot. Having said that its almost impossible to know what approach will work given that it is impossible to fully understand the make up of a person on a forum.

Maybe you weren’t being blamed BB. You are right about a forum. I guess we take what we want out of it.

Wise words as ever,CG. Have now had an egg. πŸ™‚

Hallooo the thread?! Lots of new people since I last posted. Hi to all. Glad you found Mecca (and the mother hen!)See you haven’t lost your edge, CG. heh, heh, glad you’re in a clucky, forgiving mood over your chicks, cos I’ve sure been bad!

Weighed in at 90.5 kgs last week, but happy to say have dropped to 88 after a fast (egged on by PH) beginning Sat midday and just about to end with a steak and eggs and a bottle of red. PH and I have a 5 kilo challenge to Christmas. We’ll see if I get the gobbles and ruin it! If you recall, I got stuck on a plateau (84/86ish seesaw) for 6 months and just went on the gobble in disgust. Stupid! Maintaining was better than gaining and healthy choices at least kept the energy levels up and the aches and pains down. Now my back hurts, my bum’s sore and I can’t swing a leg over the bike! 70 looms and I feel it!

So… Thought I better also check in for a little butt therapy! Don’t think BB was being hard on UP, just responding to a request. Lord knows, I’m pretty profane in the low patches! And anyone who sticks on here soon learns ALL about the characters on this forum, BB, we’re a family. Good on you and all who seek to face the mirror with real hope! And AD. Doesn’t come any better than the support you will find here. I mean, even I’m not allowed to pick on myself! But seriously, I don’t deserve sympathy, you lovely lot. I’m just lazy and now I plan to fix it. Again!

Gedday Dawg, how you doin’? Looking good by the sound of it. Onya’. Peppers must be a staid old hound by now. I’ve been gone so long. Not to my betterment in the weight dept. Like GG I took time out some six months ago and have regained more than half of the 10 kilos I lost. So am glad to find old friends still here and look forward to meeting the new. Not that I will be any less erratic at posting than usual. Oh, and didn’t we say we were just going to keep it to dietary waffles on here? oh, dear…. there goes the neighbour hood….fasting wafties straight up. better go eat…..and DRINK….Mmm.. Margaret river Sav…. Hi Suejen, glad you had a great trip! xxx gyps xxx

My 2nd FD has gone perfectly…. How have you all been? Had colslaw a few strings of chicken with my homemade mayo of egg , apple cider vinaigrette and olive oil at 2pm….my shift was cancelled. So the white one and I went for a 45min walk along the break wall and beach ….the day is perfect. There were 6 dolphins feeding on a huge school of whiting near the bar…The water is still too cold for me….or it’s the effects of fasting that my polished toes turned white. Managed to have the skin slightly sun kissed.Will be reaching for the tanning bottle in the next few days…as I am as white as my walls!
    Was really hanging out for a coffeee as I walked past the cafe on the beach…the smell was divine.
    Good to see the GYPSY posting…. Babe, we need your cryptic humour back!you have been missed!!
    GYPS …I have a bottle of Margret river Sav in the fridge for tomorrow night.
    Have a relaxing night all ….you have earned it….
    OH will have the left over mushroom strog from last night , myself will have the HB eggs and salad……..GO GALXXXXXXX

Well done GG. Good we are all starting back on track together. Haven’t got my head around exercising yet, but it has to come. Use it or lose it was never truer than it is for me right now.xxx gyps

Been on a loong walk maybe 6 – 7 kms. Didn’t plan that long! Went out to see some falls on the Margaret River then walked along the river & decided to keep walking till we got back to town! Now have to drive my car back to pick up OH’s car. So no chance for eating except the HB egg I took with me & water. Kept me busy!! Already have a chicken casserole ready from my new slow cooker (flybuy points!) so can now relax and boy do my legs need it πŸ™‚ suejen xxx
    Now just have to be a very good girl tonight!!!

SUEJEN sounds like after that loooong walk along “THE MARGARET RIVER” A looong glass of MARGRET RIVER SEMILLION SAVGINON BLANC 2015 may be the drink to have…. mines is in the fridge getting chilling cold for tomorrow night.
    We will have those allovious kilos kicked away in no time with our walks and B2B ,occassionally a Sav ….if we can stop at one !……GO GAL

Yes some in the fridge ready for tomorrow GG definitely not today! XX Ready for my miso soup now though. Or a teaspoon of vegemite in hot water…haven’t had that for a while, but somehow is quite satisfying on a FD.
    How’s everyone else going? Come on…let’s keep the encouragement happening!

Wow team you are really back to our way of life,lovely to see πŸ˜‰ It’s just on 6:30 and I’ve still had nothing but liquids, and still not hungry, might see how long I can go😏Gyps lovely to see you back and you are right, I’m protective of our brood, you get a better response with kindness than stern words, especially when someone reaches out for help…..cuddles xxxxx

Hath,Georgie and Lany, how did you go with your fasting? Each time will get easier I assure you, just keep going, it
    really works and you will feel the pride in your achievement πŸ˜ŠπŸ’—xxxxx

Viewing 50 posts - 14,501 through 14,550 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.