Aussie Determination

This topic contains 14,766 replies, has 323 voices, and was last updated by  Countrygal1 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 14,551 through 14,600 (of 14,786 total)

• Fasting is going well so far for me today. I’ve managed to mostly tune out the hunger and have been drinking lots of herbal teas. I had some yoghurt and blueberries for breakfast/lunch (at midday though)and am about to have a salad for dinner.
    I’ve decided I’ll push on tomorrow and do the back to back fasting as I found it easier last time, and I like to get it over with in one go.
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone! I’ve found reading everyone else’s posts throughout the day so helpful – knowing there are other people doing the same thing is so encouraging, and helps keep me honest!

Hi all, what a lot of posts since last night. This thread is really pumping.
    I had a good FD yesterday and so today I have been to the pool and have watched what I have eaten..chicken and salad on the menu for tonight’s dinner and I have no alcohol on the house so can’t be bad…

Doggy. I have decided that I am not having alcohol during the week but treating myself on Friday and Saturday…I too have gotten into the habit of having one or two scotches before dinner..can easily have soda water and lime instead if I reallllly try. Not having any in the house helps….

SJ. 6-7 kms 😳😳😳 OMG. What a walk..almost a half marathon….well done.
    Gyps. Great to have you back on the thread..much missed..and yes the challenge is on..5kg before Christmas. .others have joined too.

GG well done on BTB fasting. No way I can do that. Sounds like you have had a lovely afternoon.

UP. You ar entirely correct…no more excuses…just do it..we can if we really want to and we have before

Reading all of the posts I must have been lucky as I started at 107.9 and was 96 when my visiting, reunion and visitors got in the way. A loss of almost 12kg. I am now 98.7 so not too bad, just a 2.7kg gain. I must admit during my down time I always tried to do one FD per week so I guess that proves that I FD per week should maintain if you stick to it..and my eating habits have changed for good. πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Forgot to say a big HI to you CG…and the newby’s..πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Wow! Suejen! six… or seven…. k’s! One would be a marathon for me ATM. You’re really hitting the track big time. Well done! Agree the vegemite soup often saves my fast. I had a small piece of steak and one egg with fresh sliced tomato and a lettuce leaf. So I did the BTB, just from midday start and finnish 48 hrs later. Anyway was effective, could not eat the full steak. My body is practically sighing with relief for the spell! Forgot how nice food tastes after a fast. Feeling the halo. not at all guilty about having a bourbon and stevia coke. Pat yourselves on the back everyone. CG. don’t get in the pen with those butting calves. have a nice night all. xxxgyps

Hi hats, It’s good to be back on and focused again, too. Haven’t started using MFP again yet, but think I will. those little nibbles do add up. I know it’s only fluid I’ve lost so far, but a 2 kilo drop was really good for the morale! Won’t get on the scales and bust my bubble for a bit. Believing it’s gone is everything! and agree whatever interferes, must try to at least stick to one lifelong fast day a week. so hate seeing the belly bulge beyond the boobs! tummy tucks start tomorrow!

Hello to you Georgie, it’s a good thread, glad you joined. you are doing really well. onya! xxxgyps

I agree, it seems we old hands are all feeling focussed and ready to roll. I am just back from puppy pre school and having a coffee. Ate my egg at lunch, then steak and salad at dinner. I’m done!

Hi all!
    Back home from my mini break. Had a fantastic weekend which included lots of coffee, desserts, peach schnapps etc. I’ll be looking at the scales in the morning through my fingers! 😱😳
    Sounds like everyone is fired up here and raring to go on the run in to Christmas. I’m up for the 5kg challenge too!
    Welcome to any newbies who’ve joined in the last few days….I’m looking forward to getting to know you better and supporting you along the way.
    Life can distract or hold us up from time to time, but we’re all still on the path and getting to our goals in our own way and our own time. We WILL do this! So, whether it’s two fds a week, b2b or three fds…..all that matters is that we make this wol and woe work for us and our lifestyles.
    Well done to us all for our efforts and determination! I’m going to fast tomorrow and Thursday and weigh in on Friday. I’ll report my results too, it definitely helps to focus my mind! πŸ’ͺπŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ

CG
    My FD was great. Kept busy all day with a gym session and housework and some painting. Have gotten really into chalk painting so I keep a project on the go most of the time. Really don’t seem to struggle with the FD at all, I certainly don’t water fast. Cauli rice with tofu filled up at night with soaked oats and chia meets my 1/4TDEE really well and keeps me happy.
    Little bit stressed at the moment waiting on a response to a house offer we made. We’ve been in our house for 11years so it’s a big thing to consider moving but the seller is stalling, been waiting 5days for a reason and it’s playing havok with my sleep.
    Do so love reading about the lovely beach and river walks people are taking. Sounds so beautiful.

Hi Lany,
    I’ve given some old furniture a new lease of life recently with chalk paint. It’s amazing stuff and very easy to use, it’s also quite therapeutic! Try not to stress out about the house move. I know it’s frustrating but worry won’t change the outcome. I hope I’m not sounding ‘preachy’, but lack of sleep can have lots of knock on effects which you don’t want.
    I’ve just come back from a weekend away in the beautiful south west of Ireland. The mountains were spectacular and the views from the cliffs across the bays to rocky islands with the sea spray pounding against the rocks were just incredible. One of the islands is called Sceilig Michael where part of the latest Star Wars films was shot. We also drove up into the mountains around a beautiful, tranquil lake surrounded by woods and quaint cottages. We’ll definitely go back because there is so much more to see and do.

Morning ! Its another fabulous day on the mid north coast.
    Have already been for my walk…. I feel energised… and your posts are certainly helping me feel fabulous. After my B2B I hit the scales before my walk and I am..Da dar….76.8kgs…down a kilo. Will fast again on Thursday ,so this week will be a 4:3.
    LANY….don’t let the stress of waiting for a response to your offer get you down …all the more reason to get out there and do great things. WHAT WILL BE …. WILL BE….Great things will happen. Use the time to become a fabulous looking gal with the benifits of 5:2 .
    As women …we take on sooo much in the roles our lives set out for us . This is our time! Enjoy it!
    Today… I am going to have eye lash extensions done . Have had them before and enjoy not having to use mascara for a few weeks.
    The cost is minimal compared to others that are over $100.these as $45 and actually last 2mths depending on how your own lashes shed.
    Aw female maintance…. isn’t it awesome!
    Have a great day no matter what you are doing….. make anothers day happy by the simplest of a gesture…you will feel good too!
    ……..GO GALXXXXXXX

GG, woohoo, great loss! You are the queen of b2bs! Lash extensions…..how glamorous! You will look even more beautiful than usual! You’ll have to get your OH to take you out somewhere nice to show them off πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ

Hi FIT… OH and I are off to Sydney on the 23rd. I brought him a stimulated V8 race car voucher for his birthday. He loves the Bathurst race. The simulater is that of the Bathurst race track. He will have 2hrs of adrenalin fuelled driving. We are staying at the hotel where we had The WTF reunion this year …. so there will be many memories of the team in the lobby and other places we visited.maybe we will have the room that many a good craic took place in. So abit of maintance will not go astray. Am looking forward to retracing the great walk that Lotus, Suejen, Gawd and I did back in March.
    Your holiday pics are magic…. what a fine time you had! Hugs on wings….GO GALXXXXXXX

Interesting posts!
    I may have been given an idea for some old bookshelves. Will have to think about it. Just googled chalk paint.

Eyelash extensions sound cool. Is it just the top ones? And you get them in the colour you want? I have heard of them but know little about them.

Not much news since my million posts yesterday, or so it seemed. I am going to be vigilant on the low carb NFD. 26 here today and although it will rain, I can’t help but feel springified.

Enjoy Sydney, GG. I think I mentioned once before learning to change down gears on Mt Panorama when I lived in Bathurst on L plates. I remember being adrenalin fuelled too but not for the same reason!

Hi UP… I had the extensions to my upper lashes when we meet in Sydney… We proberly did not get up close and personal for you to notice. The 1st time was when CG and I meet in Melbourne last year. Look into it….figuratively speaking. . You will be amazed at the difference they make to your eyes. Not advised to have if you go swimming frequently. I just have them done gor special occassions.Have only had black silk extensions. They are flexible and give a more natural appearance.
    Learning to change gear on MT Panaroma …wow ….You would be an excellent driver .

Sounds great, GG, have a lovely trip! πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ
    UP, we’ve had torrential rain on Friday, Sunday and today …….hoping for a little sunshine tomorrow. Luckily, Saturday was a lovely day so we were able to see all that beautiful scenery.
    I’m hoping I’ll be able to fast tomorrow because I badly need it but I always seem to find it hard to get back on track when I’ve been overindulging.

Hi team and big welcome to the newbies! You’ve come at a good time, everyone seems back on the wagon. Believe it or not, team, I managed a FD today and it was EASY. I was so busy until dinner, then OH suggested going out for Mex (cheese/calorie fest), but he is SO easily persuaded to stay home and let me cook. So we had fish cakes (160), corn on the cob (125?) and salad (maybe 100). So somewhere short of 500 calories, which allowed me to suck the dark chocolate off about 6 coffee beans.

Fit, I’m glad you had fun on your southwest tour, such a lovely area. Lovely beer there too 🍻 though I take it you’re more partial to the wines and schnapps?πŸ˜πŸ‘ And hey, the time is getting closer! Just two months, please please let it happen this time☘

SJ wow that was some walk, but it sounds gorgeous! Some dedication too, knowing you’d have to go back and get the car. Way to go!πŸŽ–Your area of the country sounds beautiful….

GG, what a terrific gift for your OH! And you get to go back to Darling Harbour? Love that nameπŸ’• Thinking of your sav blanc on ice makes me thirsty…congrats on the FDs, wow! And glad you are feeling better😘

Gyps, don’t even know what to think having you back on the thread, already posting more than I have lately. But fantastic you’re back on the 5:2 nag, we’ve little to battle old age except to mind the diet. And maybe not take up cliff diving, which I have a feeling you’ve probably done at some point – or maybe some of that Evel Knievel stuff flying over canyons on the bike….

Up, lol I have to laugh at the f bomb, heaven knows I’ve dropped a few million of those in my time, and not done yet by any means. We are a pretty tough bunchπŸ˜‚πŸ’ͺ.

Doggie, I’m listening to Trump right now on a news program….eek – but I think the converted for each side are set, and she is ahead. Fingers crossed – Fit doesn’t know that we plan to move in with her in November if things don’t go right.πŸ˜‰

PH, my OH could not drop weight until he cut out drinks during the week. And he didn’t drink that much! I still have fingers crossed for the right buyers to come along for your place very soon. The real estate market here always heats up in the spring, so surely it won’t be much longer. If you feel like crossing the ocean, we have room for you!πŸ’œ

CG I bet you’re crossing that 70k line this week…. Just don’t let the calves kick it off of you😳 – I didn’t end up making the cake, as my offer to make the main course was acceptedπŸ€”. I also want to get the large fruit-nut bag when I go to Costco. Big hugs to you for always being our fearless leader and mother henβ™₯οΈπŸ“πŸ’•

Shout out to our newbies, sorry I can’t remember what all you’re up to besides 5:2 – but as you can see, it’s a way of life that doesn’t wear off or get tossed in the trash, even if we take longish vacations – it’s just so doable and far better than any other weight control method. To be sure, it can be tough sometimes but it ALWAYS feels good the next day to have finished a FD and feel the reset that it brings. Stick with us, you won’t regret it. Hugs to all, xxxxxπŸ”†β™₯️🍷

Hello team and good to see you back Gypsy. Yes Pepper is now 18 months old. He’s the smallest dog we’ve ever owned ( Great Danes & Golden Retrievers ) in the past. According to the vet I won’t need jump leads to start my car as Pepper could do it for me! He’s a bundle of energy. With the benefit of hindsight I should have chosen a more placid personality. But for us ,a dog is for life and we love him dearly.
    My FD went really well yesterday. I took CGs sage advice and skipped brekkie so only had calories for two meals to worry about. I manged very well on that and will carry on like that. I don’t know if any of you have had Rooibs tea. – pronounced like the boys name Roy Bos. It’s from South Africa. It’s only 1 calorie and high in antioxidants. I take it as a herbal tea ie without milk or sugar.
    GG good on you with the eyelash job. I’m certainly no longer in my first flush of youth but still have my hair coloured. I prefer a low light, highlight job as it’s more natural looking. I’m not a huge fan on that striped look that I’ve seen around.
    Must be off as the washing machine has just done its thing.
    XX Doggy

Morning all seems we’re all having success. GG I too dropped a kilo after a good FD and our long walk. OH needs to drop weight off his tum too so he reckons we should do it AGAIN Yikes! It was very beautiful but I just hadn’t planned on doing it again anytime soon! Great way to get me motivated for sure losing so much. All I need to do now is be mindful on my NFD’s and I am going to use MFP for a while to get me back into a healthy routine (which I have NOT been following).
    And keep in mind everyone that we can be just as successful with our 2nd fast – we’ve had trouble lately for some reason! It’s just repeating the same thing & we all seemed to breeze through it. And we DO need 2 good fasts for our weight loss to be successful & for our motivation to stay high – 1 and 1/2 just won’t cut it!! πŸ™‚
    So here’s to mindful portion controlled eating over the next 2 days. Have whatever you want just NOT AS MUCH AS YOU WANT…..try nibbles of this & that, things that you’ve avoided on FD’s to keep the deprived feeling away.
    Have a great day all. Have the old folk’s home music on today then physio – she won’t be happy with how little I’ve done of my exercises with my visitors! But my neck has been doing well mainly because I’m fixing up my posture…little by little. It was funny…here I was thinking that I’d fixed up my slouching most of the time till I saw a group photo on FB of a special morning tea at church. I was in the front row & ooh it’s not a good look. Man have to be even MORE vigilant! suejen XXXX

Morning all, I remember you eyelashes GG. They did look great. Can’t say I envy you staying in that rabbit warren, but the memories we made (mostly of me getting lost and screeching for ice!) are precious. Am thinking I should buck myself up for my birthday and go get my grey streaks tinted. I do feel better for the fasting already. Your energy comes through the page! Have a ball! And great work on the weight loss!

Fit, good to have you motivating me again, sharing your travel experiences is great, too. I am getting back into the mindset. it really helped to drop 2 kilo’s straight up. Even though I know it is only fluid and the bread bloats. I KNOW by now that gluten is my enemy, but was back to sandwiches, butter logged crumpets and rich, fatty foods. But back to remembering NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD A BEING SLIMMER FEELS!

And even after only 2 fast days processed food is back to tasting like cardboard!. I think that’s why we gobble , today’s fast foods are not satisfying our nutritional needs. they keep me forever on the fang! (and we all know I excel at all the baad habits).

Lany, good for you! And agree, it is easy to fast if you keep focussed on something else. And anything artistic gets a boost from the fasting wafties! You chalk paint sounds interesting and I remember fit Doing up her garden hoose! might investigate it. My kitchen cupboards need vamping….hmmm…UP, let me know how you book shelf goes. does it go on over old gloss?….my guess is probably not. and it’s always the preparation sanding etc, I can’t get my arthritis around. Oh well might be good exercise. I just can’t seem to make myself get on dedicated exercise machines…. they are mocking me…. get ON THAT EXERCISE BIKE!…sigh… maybe tomorrow…have a good week everyone. will check in on Thursday, fast day. xxgyps

Hi Doggy, great to hear from you , and yes, high time I was back. Glad you have persevered and sound well. Pat Pepper for me! Never tried Rooibs tea, but discovered the ‘Tasmanian tea company’ when I was down your way last year. Wonderful herbal mixes and all organic, They have a really good ‘slim cleanser’ and a lemon ginger, a licorice, and hibiscus. I still get them via online. Great for FD’s.

SJ, Yess! feeling it! great motivational vibe going . Agree, we KNOW we can do it. I am definitely on the exact same page! Tight down to the posture and getting out of ‘the writing hunch’ over a keyboard! So saying, am off to raid the garden for tomatoes, spring onions, chives, mint and parsley,(lots of, finely chopped) along with a smattering of other leafy herbs. Not forgetting CUMIN SEEDS/powdered, Just add lemon juice and chai oil/ or olive oil (about a cup full, equal parts to more lemon depending on your palate, combined with the cumin for pour over dressing)oh, and a diced red onion, to a cup or so of boiled Quinoa, and I promise you’ll have the best and healthiest tabouli you’ve ever tasted! If you add a it do a fresh avocado, it has every element required for nutritional survival and will feed your screaming cells, including your tastebuds. Sooo yummy. After a fast day you will especially get aN INSTANT ZING OF HAPPY BELLY.and it MOVES whatever’s in it’s way, too, with all that fibre. Sorry I have never worked out the calorie value for fast days. Just know it is great for NFD’s when I get the munchies. Don’t think you can overdose on it or get fat. Cheers! really GETTING OFF THIS CHAIR NOW. XXGYPS

So I’m on my 2nd consecutive fast day, and definitely struggling trying to find distractions from the hunger. Definitely looking forward to a proper meal tomorrow!
    Dogsabie, I love Rooibs tea! It’s meant to be very good for the skin. On fast days I have it without anything else, but on non fast days it’s amazing with honey and milk.

Hi gyps
    The absolute beauty of chalk paint is no prep. I’ve painted lampshades, tables, leather, shelves, metal etc and never sanded a thing!
    The only prep required is a good clean with Sugar soap then paint away.
    I did do one very large cabinet/sideboard that was a hideous black veneer but with a lovely shape. because of the heavy duty usage I had planned for it and a slight hesitation about painting over such a shiny plasticised surface I cleaned it then sprayed a primer sealer undercoat over the whole thing (super stinky) then chalk painted. A year later it gets daily use and is still exactly the same as when I first did it.
    Non of this is IF related but I wouldn’t want sanding to put you off trying chalk paint for yourself. It’s an awesome non food reward for me to finish a piece and look at the before photos knowing I’ve done it all myself.
    One day I plan to look at before and after photos of myself once I’m revamped and feel even more satisfied with what I’ve achieved😊

Jade just in haste before I head off for my weekly get together with some of the local ladies. That Trump person scares me big time. I’m personally a fan of Obama and reckon he’s a hard act to follow. Now there seems to be a song and dance about Hilary Clinton’s pneumonia. Will someone Tell that Donald loonie that ANYONE can get pneumonia. It means an inflammation of the lungs for Pete’s sake. His main disease is called foot in mouth.
    Mind you local politicians are not all that great either. For the Aussies. I won’t even start on the plebiscite on marriage equality!!
    The Dawg

Hi All,
    4.00 and I have had about a quarter of a rockmelon with prosciutto but that is all. I am enjoying my newfound zeal of low carb and fresh! We will have barramundi tonight with not sure what. It will be a little pan fried but it is a NFD.
    I agree Gypsy, nothing tastes as good as feeling slimmer and feeling virtuous feels quite good too!

Yes, Doggie, what a what of money having a plebiscite. They should just get on with it. I just shared a satirical thing on FB.
    I will see if it shows up here.
    http://www.theshovel.com.au/2016/09/13/women-black-people-to-be-barred-from-plebiscite-traditional-definition-of-voting/

Hi all!
    Loving all the activity here with lots of inspiration and motivation πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ
    As I suspected, the scales were scandalised this morning to see that I’m 1.7 kg up after the weekend. Not water weight but more like wine and peach schnapps weight! I’m fasting today in spite of going furniture shopping with my sister. I reckon I have to stop using outings as an excuse to changes fds because I never seem to catch up.
    Jade, sounds like you had a very successful fd, woohoo! No problem moving in here if Trump manages to fool enough of the population over there….you can give my OH a break from the cooking! πŸ‘πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ƒ
    Doggy, sounds like Pepper is still a pocket rocket! He’ll certainly make sure to keep you on your toes! I have heard of that tea but never tried it, so I must give it a go. Well done on your fd and renewed determination πŸ’ͺπŸ˜ƒ
    SJ, great loss and amazing walking! Best of luck with neck and posture issues too πŸ’•πŸ‘
    Gyps, yes a good clean should be all you need to prepare for using the chalk paint. It’s amazing stuff. Well done on great loss too….you’re on your way again! I’ve been eating too much bread all weekend too, hence the bread belly this morning 😱……not a good look!
    Georgie, I can’t believe you tackled b2b fasting straight off, well done! πŸ’ͺπŸ˜ƒ
    Lany, before and after photos will be great motivation….also, have you been taking measurements as well as weighing because that can show great results too. Best of luck! πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ
    UP, your nfd sounds like a fd to me! Brilliant, healthy eating mmmm πŸ˜‹

Fit, I think you are on to something. Changing days just does not work for me either. I think we just have to be strong on days like shopping. Hopefully, you will be busy enough that you don’t feel too hungry. Being near cafes doesn’t help, especially when it is time for a coffee though.
    Ended up with salad with my fish as I started coking while chatting to my husband and then realised I hadn’t left enough time to do vegetables. A bit of oil and some avocado, so not a FD salad, but yes, a good NFD.

Ta Lany, good tips, handy to know. I will look into it when the bug strikes. certainly a bonus if no sanding!

Dawg, I’m with you on the Trump issue, scary to think he might actually get in!

Up, Agree, stupid to waste money on plebiscite. Let the people marry whom they will. heh, heh, I believe I wrote a book about what I think of the institution of marriage, but it is surely everybody’s right to love and respect within their own beliefs. am off to watch your clip. ha,ha, in advance. I’m seriously wondering if all our politicians wouldn’t be better employed in the circus!xxx gyps

Well doing MFP every day is an eye opener yet again! I planned on having 1400 – 1500 cals but ended up with around 1700 after caving in & having a chocolate raspberry brownie with my coffee. I mean those little suckers when I checked were anywhere from 297 cals to nearly 500!!! Man I can have a pretty flash meal for that! So you learn about stupid choices & how many calories treat foods contain – a TRUCKLOAD!! Won’t be making that mistake any time soon. Apart from that my day was good and went for a 45 min walk.
    Up and Fit I agree with you about changing days. It’s something to do with mindset I reckon as I’m never as successful when I change days. change the routine & I don’t do as well, or don’t even finish the day as a FD. Maybe I too need to consider keeping to my 2 days if it’s at all feasible — some occasions of course are just impossible.
    Well my physio has said she doesn’t need to see me again unless I have more problems. She also wants me to join the Living longer living stronger course we run over here (not sure if it’s only in WA?). It’s run in the local rec centre but only costs $7.25. My GP would need to clear me first re the neck issues etc. No Pilates for the moment she says.
    The oldies in the home were so funny today. We picked some real old hymns & they (the with-it ones!) sang their hearts out – all in 8 different keys!! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ One lady possibly was a good singer & she belts it out & holds the last notes for ever & a day. Quite funny. Then someone next to her is snoring away & others just in their own worlds. Does make you wonder about the future that’s for sure!
    Gee Up your NFD sounds like a FD to me – you are eating healthy! Was it you who was cutting out wine too? That’s really hard core!!
    CG sure DO hope you’re feeling better now???
    Well fantastic to see all the posts folks. Keep the motivation going & check back in regularly – love it!! Talk tomorrow suejen XXXX

SJ, those sneaky calories! How dare they invade our treats! πŸ˜‰ I think I overdid my cals too today on my fd but I’m afraid to count!
    I can just see myself in a nursing home singing all the old hymns…..I’ll be the loud one hanging on to those notes for dear life and disturbing everyone else’s sleep πŸ˜‚πŸ˜³
    I agree about the second fd of the week; if we can do it once, we can do it again…..no need to make such hard work of it πŸ’ͺπŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ

Hi team, so much action going on it’s wonderful to see our thread so alive😊 Didn’t get to post here yesterday, just too crook. I’m up with the chooks this morning, mainly cause I’ve had such a bad night with pain, but have to ring my doctor at 8:00 and see if they can get me in. I’m having cereal at the moment 😱 Which I rarely do, and love it, but have to eat before I take these new meds, and can’t hold off for lunch time, the pain is so bad.My head feels too heavy for my neck and sleeping is very difficult, trying to move hurts so much. As much as they diognosed multi levels of arthritis, I still think more is happening. I also think carrying all the milk to my calves twice daily is aggrivating it…….but sure this is just another hurdle, and I’ll get over it😊
    MFP is the best idea to keep on track for us all, at least until you are comfortable enough and confident enough to do with out it. I have been using it for so long,it’s second nature now. It can be confusing at times and have heaps of options, but it’s a guage of sort and better than no ideaπŸ˜‰ I often think a few cals either way, due to the multi suggestions, wont make too much difference, but it’s better than flying blind😨
    Suejen your day sounds such fun, when I worked in nursing homes, I saw what your talking about,there are always the ones who think they are the best singersπŸ˜… And try to out sing everyone else, but at least they motivate the others and they all have a bit of fun. They love the songs from their generation too. It’s surprising how the dementia patients will sing along too πŸ˜‰
    I’m glad to see our newbies doing so well and all the losses recorded by you all. We have proven this way of life and eating definately works……,if you toe the line☺️ Stay with in your TDEE or eat as normally as possible, just keeping an eye on those treats, you don’t have to be too hard on yourself, just cautious and sensible. Have a great day team, another fast tomorrow and with all this gusto I know WE CAN DO IT so BRING IT ON………Cuddles β˜ΊοΈπŸ’—xxxxxxx.

CG, So sorry to hear you’re having such a bad time with pain and lack of sleep. It’s so debilitating. I hope the doc fits you in straight away and that you get decent pain relief as well as a proper investigation into what’s going on. Try to take it easy and rest up if you can πŸ’•πŸ’šπŸ’ž

SJ, yes, that was me with the wine. Am now having wine only Friday and Saturday in theory but Sunday seems to have snuck in. It’s the weekend! I am having less on those days, sort of!

I am sure we are much better for it. I am feeling pretty DETERMINED atm to see results and so am happy to do what I can for now.

CG, I hope you are feeling a bit better and that the doc can help you. I agree about the TDEE for the newbies. I just need to give myself a boost right now and if I don’t find it difficult, I am happy to run with it. We will see what today holds!

Georgie, I hope you made it through the fast!

Gypsy, hope the laugh wasn’t premature and you did like it.

Have a good day all.

Good morning girls, thanks for the kind wishes, just fed the calves, actually woke them!……,pouring rain and predicted to last the next few days, with flood warnings. I do love the rain, even walking in it, when well coated up, so this weather is a wonderful excuse for resting up. Pls take care if you are getting all this rain, the roads will be flooding and slippery, your lives are so precious, nothing is worth the risk. Some fools still try to cross flooded rivers? Go figure….then put others at risk trying to save them! Don’t be too hard on youselves either, just THINK before indulgingπŸ€” Or adjust your meals to suit your intake 😊 Cuddles πŸ’•xxxx

Hi All CG I hope by the time you get this email that you will have an app’t with your dr and hope it’s for today. {{{{ }}}} for now dear girl and you’re still managing to take care of everyone on the forum too! Do hope your pain eases somewhat. xx
    Up think I need to do the same. I’m sure it was the wine last night (but may have been the carbs too!) that sent me on a spin & I ate way more than I had planned. with all sorts of excuses – hungry cold & the usual Ooh I’ve already blown it what’s it matter stupid comment! I need to be more determined like you are to see the results & none of that will get me there πŸ™‚ So today will buy some sparkling mineral water to replace the wine for now – something special to look forward to. Fools my brain anyway!!
    Fit I actually WANTED to see that figure on MFP so I realise what some NFD’s have been adding up to. Makes you realise where you’ve been going wrong….I mean we all know it, but seeing that number just makes it all the more real & your choices stand out in blazing lights! Like Oooh I see that little cake I had was 300 cals duh!

Well am determined that today will be a much better day as I don’t want to undo my first FD. So a mindful day in readiness for FD no 2. suejen xxxx

Hi all. I’m running late today. Up thanks for that link, I’m going to have a look t it as soon as I’ve posted this. I thought we’d voted these pollies in to make the decisions. Why in this century should anyone have so little to do except worry what other people do in the privacy of their own homes. People are born homosexual, just like they are born with some congenital abnormality. OK I’m off my soapbox.
    If I’m losing weight by all the times I’m getting up to go to the loo at night I’m going to be happy come weigh day on Friday. I bought some BE fish in lemon and parsley for one of my meals tomorrow. I don’t know about anyone else but find it a pain to prepare separate meals for my OH on FD.
    CG are you getting all this rain? It seems to have settled in here for the rest of the day plus all night.
    β€οΈπŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ’¦

Hi Dogsabie
    I always make something for hubby and kids that I don’t like.
    I’ve got my meal made in advance, either the night before or while I’m making my first food in the late afternoon of my FD so I don’t have to be tempted with any meal prep at my low self control point later in the day.
    I’ve found that if I deliberately make food for them that I don’t like there’s no temptation for me at all and they enjoy things that I otherwise wouldn’t normally cook.
    Often I’ve been putting on the slow cooker when I do my own afternoon/evening food prep. That way come dinner time all that I have to do is put it on their plates.

Hi all!
    SJ, I agree about seeing the numbers in black and white…..it’s often the only way to deter me from adding ‘just one more biscuit’! Nfds are my big problem because I just love to graze all day not thinking about how each little nibble is adding up to quite a total by the end of the day. So, it’s back now to zero tolerance on snacking between meals 🀐
    Doggy, I agree that it’s a waste of public money to hold a vote on such issues but at the same time the public debate here on the issue was healthy and resulted in a positive outcome. When marriage equality was voted in here last year, thousands of people turned out and celebrated in the streets…..it was amazing!
    Lany, you are so organised and know yourself so well that you will definitely succeed in this wol, well done!
    My fd was fairly successful yesterday even though I know I went over 500 cals. But, I’m happy enough that I got back on board after a very indulgent weekend. Fasting again tomorrow, no excuses! πŸ’ͺπŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ

Hi all. So many posts since I last looked in, thought I’d posted yesterday but I must not have. Anyway have just completed my 2nd FD for the week so will weigh in the morning and see if I have had a loss… good exercise in the pool yesterday with my Physio..day off exercise today , went to the Doctor, Hairdresser, and feet and face lady instead. So busy day. Do sending me to specialist to get an MRI to see what is happening with hip and back. Pain getting quite bad.

Can’t reply to individuals as I have just taken heavy painkiller and am sleepy. Hope you get good news CG. And to the rest of you lovely people I’ll talk to you again tomorrow, πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

PH, sorry to hear you’re in such pain too but I hope you enjoyed your day having some pampering. Well done on two good fasts despite everything. Best of luck on the scales πŸ’•πŸ‘

Good morning/evening team, another fast day has arrived, are you all ready??😨 Often the hardest of the two but YOU CAN DO ITπŸ˜‰ I’ll see how I go with the pain today and the amount of extra drugs I’m taking wether I’ll fast or not. I don’t have any appitite as my pain is so strong, but must eat good solid food to absorb the meds😏 Good luck team, you know the benefits you know the pleasure of seeing those numbers drop on the scales, and you know how quickly the day goes, so grab your AUSSIE DETERMINATION think positive and look forward to being the new you. Cuddles xxxx
    PH, just saw your post, I’m sorry to hear your hip is playing up on you, golly, for a small bunch of friends, we have certainly had our share of problems this year, take care, cuddles xxxx

Mornin’ CG!
    I hope your pain is easing. Did you get any sleep? Try to eat well and forget about fasting for the moment.
    I think my nfd went ok so if I can do a good fast tomorrow, I’ll be back on track.
    Take care of yourself πŸ’•πŸ’šπŸ’ž

Mornin beautiful lady 😊 yes I did sleep, and deeper too. Only got up once, for natures call, but tender this morning so took another Endone to nip the pain in the bud. I certainly wont be making a habit of it but it’s agony, and I can’t function…or think straight, so it’s bandaid therapy at the moment. Well done with your NON fast, my money is on you, I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT😊 Cuddles xxx

Morning all. NFD went well for me too. Yes, that FD has come around quickly!

Lani great idea about preparing something you don’t like. Wouldn’t work for me though because I like everything which probably explains a few things! My husband does 5/2 in fits and bursts so that is easy but he doesn’t complain about whatever I give him on FD’s even when not fasting. Thank goodness my 4 children are grown up because that would be very difficult.

Doggy, can you just do a few spuds for him as well or similar? Bread? Find your own icecream? We are having steak twice on FD’s this week, which we don’t usually do but I know he likes it even if it is only a small one, eye fillet.
    I remember those BE one’s. They were great when I first started but he hated them.

Good luck with your day, CG. Be kind to yourself. There must be some comfort food that isn’t too bad?

Doggy, just read back, you can both have the same meal,just different sizes😊 Go without the spuds on fasting nights and have smaller meat portions…..just a suggestion, plus with that fish,give him those frozen chips with his, they will heat in the oven just before you heat the frozen meals…..hope this gives you something to think about πŸ˜‰ Cuddles xxxx

Morning all, good luck with your fast days….look what they can do!!

LOSS OF 1.2kgs for the week!! πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡ good to have those halo’s back. Down to 97.6 so o my 1,6 to go till I am back to my lowest….. Now to just keep it up. Finding using MFP very helpful for jogging the memory re no of cals in everything… We had lovely fresh blackfish and crab for dinner last night with a nice salad as OH came home from camping early. Just the ticket for a fast day.
    Thanks for all the well wishes re my pain.

CG you are such a ray of posititivity even though you are in so much pain. 😍😍😍So hope your results are not too bad. And that you are not overdoing things.

Fit. Well done o. Your FD and good luck today. You can do this!! Nice story about the celebrating on the streets. Unfortunately I don’t believe that the conversation here would be very nice, especially for the youth who are struggling with their identity.

Jade , thanks for the offer of accommodation but sadly a bit far to go😍😍. We have had a few nibbles re the house and some are looking into finance but not getting excited until someone comes to us with an offer and the money!! It seems like a long time but really has only been 12 days on the market so far. Early days. Another open house Saturday and then we move back in and try to keep things tidy…that will be a test for OH.. good luck today if you are fasting!!

Gyps, how ya going there!! Are you fasting today too!! Good luck if you are and to you also.

UP. Well done on NFD. You are certainly doing well, you will breeze through today 😘😘😘

GG. Thanks for the updates, you are a special caring soul…πŸ’•πŸ’•

Doggy, Fast days for me are usually a bit of protein say 100grams of fish or meat with lots of green vegies and perhaps some sweet potato, or mashed Cauliflower etc. Suitable for OH as well as he has more protien and more potato etc. you get to know portions pretty quickly and I save it as a meal in MFP and refer to it re portions it I am having trouble remembering. Agree with you re the waste of money re gay marriage. Should just vote on it. John Howard did not need to take it to the public when he changed the law to add that it was between a man and a woman…so why now? Just a delaying tactic for the conservatives and it has worked perfectly for them….

SJ. You can do this.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰Sparkling mineral water is good. I did not have any alcohol this week at all. Just Soda Water and Lime each night instead..works a treat. As does a red wine spritzer , mostly soda water, ice and a drizzle of red wine to colour..I have decided to only have alcohol on weekends for a while like UP. And I think Doggy . Good luck!! Love the story about the aged facility, can relate entirely as I used to go is it mum when the ladies came to play for them. Such a great thing to do. And the living longer, living stronger. Sou da good, you will have to let us know what it is.

Lany good idea re the slow cooker for the family too. And preparing yours earlier. Must be hard with a family..

Well must get going to the pool, later class this morning. So looking forward to the 36 degree water to soothe the old body. Bye for now πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

Woohoo PH! Brilliant loss, you’re doing really well! Enjoy the pool πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ

Go PH! Well done!

Hello team and thanks to those who gave me suggestions for OH on my FDs. It’s actually what I usually do. ie add a spud or chips etc to,his plate. CG and PH I’m so sorry that you are having to endure all this pain. I can so sympathise with you as I suffered from chronic back pain for years. It took a spinal fusion and many years to ” come good”, but I can still remember how debilitating it was. CG maybe when you are thinking of more calves in the future it might be better to go for smaller animals. Chooks perhaps?
    I’m also one of those who has given up alcohol ( well temporarily anyhow. ) I only drink wine but have not had any since Sunday and to be honest have not missed it. I’m keen to see if it’s made a difference to the scales come tomorrow’s weigh in. I bought myself some Lemon, lime and bitters to have instead. The brand I bought is too sweet for my liking so will look for something else next time.
    Yes CG we’ve had lots of rain too. Mostly from late afternoon yesterday and most of the night. The usual brainless twots are driving through flooded creeks etc and have to be rescued.
    My FD meals are of the lazy variety. Lean Cuisine Thai dumpling soup and Birds Eye steamed fish. I will add a nice salad to that.
    Take care everyone and hope those who are feeling poorly will be soon on the mend.

Doggy, my go to non alcoholic drinks to trick myself are eithe soda water or sparkling mineral water with ice and the juice of a lime squeezed in. Helped me break the habit of having a wine when my husband comes home from work, we chat and I cook. I like to have it then as it signals pleasure/unwinding. Otherwise it just seems like the boring job of cooking dinner. No telly nearby to distract etc.

Hi All after our discussion re changing FD’s I have to change to tomorrow as today is OH’s birthday – that’s one of those unavoidable changes! Going to Zanadu winery for lunch. Will fast tomorrow though eating very light today apart from the lunch (and the wine πŸ™‚ ) . Hoping that a miso soup or two might do the trick for dinner tonight.
    Up think I might adapt your strategy for wines during the week. I find I do need something to signal the pleasure/unwinding as you’ve put it so well…especially when cooking dinner. And I’ve got into the habit often on NFD’s of having a wine while cooking & then another with dinner and those cals sure add up (not standard glasses either!).
    CG hope help is on the way for you & that the news is not too bad. Let us know when you can {{{{ }}}} Please don’t do anything silly in the meantime till you have the results.
    PH so sorry your hip & back is playing up too. You’ve been doing so well managing it all. Do you think you’ve just done too much with everything going on? Sure hope the specialist has some answers for you & hope the wait is not too long.
    Byee all and hope those fasting today have planned and prepared really well to ensure great results tomorrow. suejen XXXX

Viewing 50 posts - 14,551 through 14,600 (of 14,786 total)

You must be logged in to reply.