August 2018- Monthly Challenge – Summer Sun

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
August 2018- Monthly Challenge – Summer Sun

This topic contains 880 replies, has 61 voices, and was last updated by  mishty 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 883 total)

• Day 2, Guildford UK, WFD 2 of 10

Rather hungry this morning, had a pau d’auco tea as that needs no milk. I wore a cold belt last night to bring down my body temperature. Cool bath this morning.

Blood sugar 4.4, ketones nil

Still not in fat burn mode, although my body will be converting some fat to sugar.

Think it likely autophagy has started so body will be gobbling gubbins protein, I like the sound of it absorbing the inside out sticky proteins in the brain.

I slept very well, in fact 9 and half hours, it’s usually between 4 and 6. Everything bionome normal! Lots of looing otherwise normal. No body smells yet.

Mineral tablet and I brushed my teeth with sea salt.

Day 2 is normally my toughest day for hunger so I plan to stay very busy. I will also do a spin class get rid of those last few hidden glycogen.

——————————–

@jaifaim the only epic fail is failing to get back to the WOL. In any case any day below TDEE is a success, I cheat my mind when it happens by saying I am swapping days. Welcome to August.

@mishty, delighted to see you in the August Challenge.

@bytownbandit, I can’t track you from before so please correct me if I say welcome as a newbie challenger.

@emma1202 about a llb month is my plateau too, puts us in the tortoise club, but that’s ok we are in a great club. I want a woosh for us. Welcome to the August sunshine.

Ooooops

Day 1 pocket list FD
    @coda B2B2B last day
    @beedoo B2B2B last day

@sarahbob how is the little one? Lovely to see you in the challenge.

@kaywesterman I have always wanted to go to Cuba, I love dancing and taking up salsa in Cuba would be a dream.

@annemarilyn do let us know the results when Cruella is unpacked! How did the move go? Are there good resources near you, gym, great shops etc……

@cosmokid welcome to the happy crew, let’s support you to that 130 first healthy goal. I will post the Newcomber thread by Simcoeluv for you to read.

@jisika I tend to tell myself to eat vegetables etc rather than NO sweets etc. Why? Because if I say don’t think of pink elephants guess what I think of? NO sweets means I think of de,vicious things. But if I think about cauliflower instead I get obsessed by cauliflower…..

@daffodil2010 the stress hormone doesn’t help but to,ding you tight and offering sunshine.

——————————-
    Mid morning Sunshine

https://m.ranker.com/list/why-sunshine-is-the-greatest-space-movie-ever/tori-preston

All about the film.

——————————————-

Day 2 WFD Pocketlist 2 of 10

@rainbowsmile

Day 2 FD list

Mari

Day 2 – London UK – NFD

Hi all! Yesterday was a good FD!

@rainbowsmile – I went to see Mama Mia 2…. having never really seen the first one properly, I didn’t think I’d bother with the 2nd but I was invited and fancied a change of scenery for the evening. I didn’t eat all day and saved my cals for the small bag of popcorn, as planned. It worked a treat. I was in the cinema for all the hours I’d normally be sitting at home trying to get through the last few hours of a fast day evening….. whoever knew Pierce Brosnan singing could help with a fast??!!

I stepped on the scales this morning for my weekly weigh in (I always weigh in after my 2nd FD of the week), and I’m down 1lb and 1/2″ off my waist and hips. I also slept like a log last night.

I hope the WFDs are going ok everyone!

Day 2 Wales ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ FD

You know those jobs you keep putting off for another day……well today is the day I will clean out the kitchen drawers and sort the cutlery. Not the most exciting of tasks and slightly dangerous territory on a FD but Iโ€™m waiting for a parcel delivery so need to stay home……and tidy drawers will be a treat ๐Ÿ˜‰

Stay strong and have sunny thoughts my friends ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Day 2, Gozo, Malta, cd

I had one cereal bar with my medicine this morning. For noon Iโ€™m having a low calorie beef stroganoff with no rice.

This evening Iโ€™m going out with two of my sister in laws. One of them is leaving for New York next Tuesday. Iโ€™ll miss her as weโ€™re such good friends.

Onwards and downwards. Keep on keeping on.

Day 2, Newcastle UK, NFD

Since breaking my foot in January and being told by my GP to refrain from dancing, last night I went back to Ceroc with OH and had a successful night. So good to be dancing again.

@basyjames – lol – I knew you’d realise ๐Ÿ™‚
    @penz – have you considered fasting Mon/Wed/Fri which would balance out your weekends a bit more. Or if Friday is a night out, then abstain Saturday or Sunday. I’ve just remembered what our old friend @happymargo used to ask herself: “is this getting me nearer to my goal?” I’ll be looking out for you on weekends as requested!
    Lovely to see you back @lilymartin, @ciren2, @jisika, @kerryn73, & @mishty.
    Hello @cosmokid and welcome. Unless someone tells me differently, I think you are the youngest member to join this challenge forum since I joined in February 2017. You’re doing a great job in a short time – well done.
    @daffodil2010 – when one door closes, another door opens. Sending a big hug x
    @jisika – your quote is perfect!
    @debster251 – I love peanut butter and toast, but I have to cut out bread along with the other white carbs if I’m going to reach my goals. I am eating lots of healthy veg and butter with my protein. A teaspoon of peanut butter, or a handful of mixed unsalted nuts is a good way to keep the hunger at bay in a satisfying way. I really will get around to making fat bombs – which I imagine are like having a Ferrero Rocher. As you know, I did think I’d be happy to maintain in 10 stone land, but I’m just not.
    Hope your recovery is heading in the right direction @michelinme. How’s your wrist?
    Loving all the sunshine @rainbowsmile – thank you ๐Ÿ™‚
    @flourbaby – purposefully left you until last – GREAT to have you back. Arid August – bring it on. Having given up wine last month (for the final time!), it ought to be a breeze. I am drinking AF and have had the very occasional weakish beer. @jisika‘s lovely quote hits the nail on the head in terms of my previous relationship with wine. โ€œSometimes deciding who you are is deciding who youโ€™ll never be againโ€.

All the best friends – together we are stronger.

Day 1 – USA – NFD
    Day 2 – USA – NFD

Just want to check in before I walk out the door…early appointment. Will catch up on all your posts soon!

Day 2, UK, FD

Its early to say but I feel this will be a good FD ๐Ÿ™‚ . I have planned and cooked my meal for today, roast lemon chicken breast and broccoli, so I feel that’s half job done ๐Ÿ˜‚ .

I edited the spread sheet and put all the names in alphabetical order, so please scroll up if your name was at the bottom and its not there now ๐Ÿ™‚

Will do another post later in the evening …..

Stay strong everyone ๐Ÿ’ช

Hello all day 2 from NI – healthy eating day

I prefer to call my non fast days โ€“ healthy eating days โ€“ itโ€™s all in what you tell yourself and I have found this as a good way to remind myself that while this is not a fast day I still need to eat as healthy as possible to support my body and mind.

Talking of which I am very sad at present โ€“ what should be one of the happiest moments in our lives has been blighted by the breakdown in a relationship that I had thought to be a good one. No massive row, no fall out but things said that I have heard about that saddens me greatly. How can a relationship that I thought was good deteriorate so quickly? I can excuse some as hormones and stress but not the hurtful and unnecessary comments made. It has also brought to light some very controlling behaviour that is downright worrying. Things in the past that I brushed to the side as me over reacting take on a new context and I now worry greatly about my son. Relationships are difficult enough to negotiate without the addition of irrational behaviour. I also am stressing about the future and our relationship especially with our unborn grandchild but keep trying to tell myself not to worry about something in the future and to just take it a day at a time. Iโ€™m not sure how to fix it โ€“ will it ever be fixed? I certainly donโ€™t want a confrontation at this time, I donโ€™t know who best to speak to or even if I should speak to anyone โ€“ She doesnโ€™t speak to her father but wonโ€™t talk about it, do I approach her mother? Do I let things be and see how things go? But to be told she has said we are not to be informed when the baby is on the way or not welcome at the hospital is very upsetting โ€“ especially as I donโ€™t have a reason as to why. Needless to say my son intends to ignore that and accept the consequences โ€“ poor boy! I can see us arrive and be turned away ๐Ÿ˜” or is it all down to hormones and I am over reacting?

Back on topic – I read a while ago that the very food/drink you feel you could not do without is the very thing you should give up โ€“ even for a while to see how you feel.

Not quite a sunshine quote but one that keeps repeating in my mind due to my current situation โ€“ Before you speak, let your words pass through 3 gates, Is it true, is it necessary, is it kind?

Day 2 UK FD

@rainbowsmile the baby (I call him baby but he’s 2 lol) is all better again and back to being his usual loud, hyper active and cheeky self. ๐Ÿ˜

We’ve been to playgroup this morning and had a lovely walk there and back. The only problem is I am really hungry but want to hold off eating as long as I can otherwise I risk munching everything in sight! I must stay strong.

I hope everyone is having a fab day.

Day 2 NSW Australia NFD
    Hi everyone. Just checking in.
    Enjoying the start of a new month with new beginnings!

Day 2 – Ireland – CD

Hi everyone, I’m checking in for my second day back on the AF horse!my keyboard is acting up so can’t type much.๐Ÿ™„

As always … onwards and downwards

Day 2 North Canton OH <500 calorie day

@coda my heart breaks for you and I join you in your sorrow. Just know that I am holding hands with you in spirit and praying for your situation and a successful resolution. Thank you for the reminder about words โ€“ True, necessary, kind. If we all adopted this mantra, the world would be a kinder, more loving and gentle place.

I will also adopt your way of defining my day <500 calorie days or healthy eating day. I like that a lot and I believe it will help me keep my eating pattern under control

@shinything thanks for organizing the spreadsheet.

@strawberriesandcream thanks for not freaking out on me ๐Ÿ™‚

@babs_b yay!

@daffodil2010 the path will reveal itself, in the meantime, I am glad you have some time to get your mind and body into a good place.

@flourbaby my one time sister in carbs, welcome back! You were sorely missed!!

Has anybody tried seasoning and air frying their raw veggies? Itโ€™s the best thing since sliced bread, it gives veggies a lovely caramelized taste. Yum!

Day 2 – NFD; Dublin, Ireland

Hi everyone,

Fiance and I won’t be fasting until Monday, and I am gearing myself up for a LFD as we will be home for the Bank holiday anyway.

As last month, I intend to track my weight everyday to have a clear view of my daily fluctuations, as well as the overall trend – I have a spreadsheet at home. Yes, @rainbowsmile, I love numbers – I am a researcher at a university, so numbers are important in my job as well!

Have read all of your posts and it’s so great to see everyone optimistic for this month, I hope you all achieve your goals! I’m up and over 70kg today, but not too bothered as long as I don’t stay there until the end of the month, which I now know I won’t if I stick to this WOL properly.

I have only had breakfast so far as I am in the middle of an experiment, the hunger comes and goes. Fiance’s cousin and his girlfriend are coming to stay with us for a few days, I foresee much food and drink and it looks like the weather will brighten up also!

Best of luck to everyone fasting today.

Day 2 – Altanta,GA,USA – FD

Good Luck everyone

Day 2, NFD, US

Why oh why do I do it to myself!! Too much red wine last night means a desire for hangover food this morning, which means my planned FD is out the window. I’m not just a weekend sabateur! I think I will add another FD to my normal week, thanks @strawberriesandcream.

Thinking of you @coda and hope everything works out well.

Day 2 – UK – NFD

“LOSING WEIGHT IS A MIND GAME. CHANGE YOUR MIND CHANGE YOUR BODY”

It has been a bit wet most days since the weekend here in Cumbria but at least we are getting some rain and some part of the days this week has been nice – sun has just come out after a wet morning.

Enjoyed a lovely vegetarian meal out last night followed by a showing of Mamma Mia with part of my walking group – my verdict is not a great movie, very cheesy and Pierce Brosnan singing has not improved ๐Ÿ˜† but the film does have that feel good factor!

A very energetic aerobic class this morning – got very hot and sweaty but felt good at the end – met my OH afterwards for a coffee ๐Ÿ’‘ back home for a nice hot shower then out for some food shopping – some lovely grilled mackerel and a fresh herb salad to look forward to for dinner tonight – should end up being a CD……

@ciren2 – you can do this – hold on tight to us and think of us as your very own angel ๐Ÿ˜‡ on your shoulder when you start to stray ๐Ÿค—
    @rara0292 – I would drink about 2-3L of water on top of any black tea/coffee you might be drinking
    @kerryn73 – Lovely to have you back with us and how wonderful that you maintained during your break from this WOL/forum. Remember that what you eat and how much is the main reason for weight loss and not exercise BUT exercise gives you that feel good factor and motivates you to be more healthy โ˜บ๏ธ
    @daffodil2010 – great feeling to be in that 8st land – I just know that August will be your month ๐Ÿค—
    @jaifaim – we never “fail” on this forum – anything below or at TDEE is always good and if you exceed then you start fresh the next day – you can do this!
    @mishty – lovely to have you back with us and how wonderful that you too maintained during that break
    @bytownbandit – Welcome to the August challenge and this WOL – lots of supportive folks here to help when you are struggling or need support/advice
    @annemarilyn – good to have you “keep on keeping on” with us
    @lilymartin – looks like you have analysed what has been going with you thoroughly and you know you that this WOL works if you see it as such and not a diet – Absolutely right is going back to the basics and you hold tight to us and we will get you there ๐Ÿค—
    @cosmokid – Big welcome to the forum and what a great start you had 20lbs in 2 months – that must be so motivating for you x
    @daffodil2010 – hope you enjoy your yoga class tonight ๐Ÿ™and that it helps you both mentally and physically to cope with your current stressful work situation ๐Ÿค— I am sure that whatever you decide to do will be the right decision for you.
    @flourbaby – lovely to be reading your posts once more x
    @michelinme – hoping for a good outcome from your tests – self care and self love is so important x
    @Strawberriesandcream – I can picture you ๐Ÿ’ƒ with a big smile of enjoyment on your face! I think that @okeydokey‘s child @booperdooper might have been a similar age??? I wonder how they are all doing??
    @coda – ๐Ÿค—

How lucky we are to have found each other on this forum – our very own cyber family โค๏ธ

DONโ€™T EVER GIVE UP.
    Donโ€™t let frustration knock you down.
    DONโ€™T LET FEAR STAND IN YOUR WAY.
    Donโ€™t let time get in your head.
    WHO CARES HOW LONG IT TAKES OR HOW MANY TIMES YOU TRY.
    Your only competition is yourself.
    WHEN YOU FINALLY SUCCEED, THE STRUGGLE WILL ALL BE WORTH IT.

Day 2 Stevensville Maryland USA CFD

Yesterday was a good CNFD and today is my 3rd FD this week. Feeling content with not eating these days. Will wait and have a 300 calorie meal tonight after work.

You must do the things you think you can not do. Have a great Thursday everyone.

Day 2, Cornwall UK, NFD

Did my second fast day early and my weekly weigh-in a day earlier as we have more visitors coming today!
    So. another 0.5kg down this week to 73.9kg. The tortoise had a little run this week!

I’m not really keeping up with the forum at the mo, but will be trying hard to read all the posts.

Cheers for now – they’ve arrived!

USA Day 2 WFD

Yesterday’s FD turned into a NFD, so I am having a water fast day today! I am joining all those who are doing that today and wish them good luck. So far so good! I seem to have no appetite and that’s great! I wish everyone a successful day today whatever you may be doing!

Day 2 FD second post

Clinic trip for tests brought a chance to shop in a bigger supermarket, so loaded up with all sorts of colourful & quick foods to increase my healthy-eating motivation. Fridge bulging with salad ingredients, compressed marinaded tofu, eggs and mozzarella, plus some instant vegan things like beetroot burgers. Amazingly I resisted all the carbs except some wild and red carmargue rice – a little goes a long way with lots of petit pois in a rice salad. And done a bit of planning, which feels better… always good to name the monster!

Feeling the need for company –
    Day 2 Fasting Pocket list – add yourself if you’re fasting

@lilymartin
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @michelinme
    @rainbowsmile (WFD day 2/10)
    @missybear
    @shinything
    @sarahbob
    @basyjames
    @mishty
    @ccco WFD

Hope you have a good day! x

Day 2 USA (Illinois) FD

Going to do an 800 calorie FD today. Why not?!

I made a nice zucchini grilled cheese sandwich for supper last evening (I added sliced ham and some Panko bread crumbs to the mixture.) Overall, very low carb and certainly better for me than 2 slices of bread. https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a52458/zucchini-grilled-cheese-recipe/

@at – loved your comment about Pierce’s singing in “Mamma Mia.” I haven’t seen it yet, and may wait for the DVD to come out on Netflix. Can’t decide. Local friends said it started very ho-hum but gave them lots of tears by the end. Every time I have re-watched “Les Miserables” I say the same about Russell Crowe’s singing… ugh. I do appreciate his acting chops, but whew… don’t hire him to sing! (Then again, I am a voice teacher and far too critical.)

Onward and downward.

Day 2 โ€“ Michigan,USA โ€“ FD

Yesterday was actually a NFD- just realized the mistake! Thank you for everyone’s support!!

Weight: 158.2 (.6 down)

It’s weird that I weigh less after NFDs compared to FDs. I am eating 510 calories today according to my app. The food isn’t as healthy as it could be, though. Hope everyone’s having a good 2nd day!

Day 2 – Eastern WA- USA – FD

Still on my phone so if someone can add my to the FD list that’d be great!

Some wonderful quotes: “Sometimes deciding who you are is deciding who you are not.”
    “Losing weight is a mind game: change your mind, change your body”
    “…when you finally succeed the struggle will be worth it!”

Yes I was disappointed with the 2nd Mama Mia. What drew me to the 1st one was the ABBA music. This one had some good musical parts & some lovely scenery, otherwise it was lacking in my books.

@beeboo – the museum setting, as you described it. Sounds lovely for you and your little one
    @ciren2 – good to see you with us
    @rainbowsmile – move went great! We had such great help at both ends of the journey. Now the unpacking is the time priority. Haven’t checked out too much yet. My son pointed a gym close by that I’ll check out soon. Have enjoyed the nearby library that I’m using until I get my internet at my house. Also, I ‘ve tried a couple of coffee stands.
    Question to you – you mentioned bone broth, are you including that on your “water” FDs?
    @strawberriesandcream – glad you’re able to do your dancing again

@coda – how sad the interaction sounds. I say it needs attention; not ignoring. I’ll be praying for wisdom for you. My family has dealt with this type of person who married my sister’s husband after my sister passed away of cancer. My 2 young niece and nephew, within a short time were totally cut out of our lives. Now, hopefully the person you’re dealing with is not such a sick & abusive personality but reading what you wrote, I thought that it needs to be dealt with earlier than later – when perhaps it’s a smaller weed. Perhaps talking one on one with your son, letting him know what transpired and how it came across to you. If she’s a good person, when confronted about how this came across & made you feel, she would want to make it right with you. If she continues with this type of behavior, after being made aware of what it did to you, it’s a character issue. Perhaps a professional, can give you input. My former brother-in-law,was close to us & had been having the children see their grandparents several times a week to nothing. He allowed her to call the shots. Still runs us off the property & threatens to call the cops. So yes, I would take the behavior seriously & address it so that hopefully you can have many wonderful years of ever healthier relations.

Together we are stronger!

Day 2, Idaho, USA Weekday warrior.

I have been hesitant to join this thread for two reasons.

#1 I have joined before, been overwhelmed, and given up.
    #2 I am not doing the traditional 5:2 right now, and I was uncertain how that might be received. I do see a few other unique plans out there now though!

I long for support, however, so I am going to go ahead and officially join and assume y’all will be okay with my odd ball plan.

I joined the forum here in July of 2017 at 152 pounds. I am 38 years old and 5’5″ I loved fasting and what I was reading/learning. Then I began to feel tripped up by the fact that I was fasting for health, when I was also feeling pulled to fast for religious reasons, and couldn’t seem to feel ok about both. I tried again earlier this year, to combine the two thoughts and did well enough until I came upon the last 6 weeks of 1/2 marathon training. I was struggling to feel like I could tackle my long runs with fasting days thrown in, and struggling to know how much to eat on my NFD’s, so I gave it up temporarily. I came back after that for a few weeks, having lost a half pound or so with running/ not fasting. I was derailed once again for another 6 weeks, with only random fasts, here and there, but again showed a small loss for the 6 weeks. I am pleased with these results – for the effort given, but am ready to make some real progress for August and September. I start September at 147 pounds.

I have decided to fast until 4pm Monday-Friday for 40 days. I will not have a set calorie goal, just an average goal of a 4 hour or less feeding window, similar to the warrior plan I guess. I started on July 30th and will go through September 21st. The weekends won’t have a calorie goal, just eating with the constant thought to nourishing my body with good foods, treats only at get-together’s, not home. I really want to get away from calorie counting, as well as from food rewarding. This journey is also a Spiritual one and each of the 40 days I will be seeking a thought from God to meditate on. I do firmly believe now that I can combine physical health (in this case including weight loss) to my Spiritual health goals.

Anyhow, maybe that’s more information than needed, but this is my plan. I recognize some of the names here, from past attempts to keep up. Some are new. I look forward to the community sharing and support!

Rachel

Second post

@coda I made a very special mention for you in my morning votive.

@michelinme when will you have those results? How long do we all have to wait to know if it’s getting much better? Big hugs

@babs_b and @at mama Mia! Said with a Greek accent, Pierce Brosnan singing? Again?

@missybear I adopted the Mari Keno method to keep my drawers tidy. It’s great but hadn’t thought about my cutlery……

@anna6 perhaps I hadn’t told you I was born at St Paul’s Bay military maternity base? And baptised at Mosta Dome. I lived in Malta until I was 7, my dad was based on the docks as he was in the navy (cue for a song), he was a marine repair engineer. I have a great great love for the island.

@shinything once again thank you for your spreadsheet skills. Your meal sounds delicious, save me a portion for after the WFD please.

@sarahbob I hope you are having lots of sleep (and little one too). July was quite stressful

@basyjames I haven’t heard of that method of cooking, does it require special equipment?

I am so so pleased to hear the wonderful success stories and see the great fasting list.

Yes, yes, yes!

Makes me so happy and sunny ……

Singing away to myself

Mari

@foodfreedomgirl we each have to follow this WOL in our own way, we know our bodies. As long as you have a fasting window then it’s a fast.

I get the overwhelm, I lurked for a long time, was very depressed and struggled. It’s part of our journey.

Please do the WOL in any way you want to, heck I have to WFD to make progress. And yes I meditate daily too, with prayer and a votive. Hold on tight, it’s going to be a breakthrough month.

And feel free to join the tortoise club at any time!

Let me give you a big hug and welcome you to the August challenge, you are among friends.

(((((Rachel))))

Mari

USA Day 2

Second post:

Foodfreedomgirl: I would imagine you can do whatever works for you while posting here. We all seem to do variations that work best for each of us. No two people seem to be exactly the same in what works for them, so people work things out for themselves. That includes me. Today I am on a water fast, which I rarely do. I mostly do 5:2 or 4:3 and with a 16:8 eating window, which seems to work best for me. I find water fasts very hard. I don’t have a lot to lose, so that puts me in tortoise mode. A few of us are there. The closer you get to goal, the slower the going gets. Too bad! ๐Ÿ™ I also keep a food journal! It helps me stay on track. Also, exercising seems to help and makes me feel good and motivated! Anyway, welcome!

My fast day is almost over happily! I think tomorrow will be a regular 500 calorie 5:2 FD. I usually fast on Fridays! I’ve gotten this month off to a good start! Hope everyone is having a great day! You are in my thoughts! ๐Ÿ™‚

My WFD is coming to an end happily! Tomorrow I may do a

Day 2 FD 3rd post

Thanks for asking @rainbowsmile – 3-5 days, so this time next week.

Here you go @annemarilyn ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 2 Fasting Pocket list โ€“ add yourself if youโ€™re fasting

@lilymartin
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @michelinme
    @rainbowsmile (WFD day 2/10)
    @missybear
    @shinything
    @sarahbob
    @basyjames
    @mishty
    @ccco WFD
    @annemarilyn

USA Day 2

Thanks michelinme for adding me to the FD list! ๐Ÿ™‚

Second post ….

FD went well, which makes me happy ๐Ÿ™‚ . Its hot again ๐Ÿ˜“ , and I lost my internet grrrr, there is a fault in the area with my provider and I won’t have internet till tomorrow evening, which is bad because my tv is connected to internet too so I don’t have tv either, grrrr again ๐Ÿ˜ก

@arelkade so good to see you back posting, I was wondering if you are ok ๐Ÿค—

@daffodil2010 only you know whats the right decision for you, you will be fine whatever you decide to do ๐Ÿค—

@coda I’m so sorry to hear about relationship problems and irrational behaviour that is affecting you greatly ๐Ÿ™ , I hope it sorts itself out, it might be just hormones (fingers crossed). I must say, I hate when people use children as a weapon, its dispicable! Sending you a virtual hug ๐Ÿค—

@annemarilyn that is so upsetting, I feel for you ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿค—

@foodfreedomgirl its ok to have your own plan how to fast, there are few variations here among us ๐Ÿ™‚ . Any plans on what your regime will be after 40 days? And physical health and Spiritual health should definitely go hand in hand ๐Ÿ™‚

@michelinme please let us know what your results are once you get them ๐Ÿ™‚ , sending you a virtual hug ๐Ÿค—

@rainbowsmile I saved you a portion ๐Ÿ˜‰

Enjoy your evening everyone ๐ŸŒธ

@rainbowsmile My Day 2 update has found myself in a not so good start. Yesterday was my first ever WFD and I made it till about 3pm and I was hit with a migraine that even my strongest pills would not fix. Had to eat and drink some caffeine to finally get some sleep (2 hrs). Woke up this morning with a bruised feeling in my head but ready to have a FD but got a call that a friend was in the hospital fighting for her life. Been a rough couple of days and I am ready for some sunshine in my life๐ŸŒž
    Had a turkey sandwich since I am still fighting with headache but hoping to start my day off a little better tomorrow. Still hoping to work on that WF at some point but I have been a migraine sufferer for 35+ years so may not work for me?!?! Not giving up yet! Will just move on to Day 3 and keep saying prayers for my dear friend.
    Good luck to everyone out there!

Day 2 โ€“ Iceland โ€“ FD

Thank you @rainbowsmile for hosting August and for your encouraging opening posts๐Ÿ’
    I am a little late to the party โ€“ great to see many new names and a lot of posts to catch up on! After 7 successful months, I fell very badly off the wagon at the beginning of July and now havenโ€™t had a FD for over a month… of course this has not gone unnoticed by Cruella๐Ÿ“ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ But I am back and aiming for a good month โ€“ hopefully I can undo last monthโ€™s damage before this challenge is over. So grateful that this wonderful forum exists.

I wish you all a fantastic month!

Hi everyone, finally got my much awaited biopsy results. All ok for now, so relieved!!!!! Thank you for the support.

In the meantime, Iโ€™ve put on 3kg due to stress of it all which for me is a lot as Iโ€™m not that tall. Feel quite down about it. Would love to get some fast results to get motivated. I was wondering – has eating more frequently on NFD helped you with your weight loss? Any other hints most appreciated.

Second post

@michelinme hope those tests go well.
    @rainbowsmile – Iโ€™d never heard of Pau Dโ€™arco teq. Iโ€™ve just googled it. Looks interesting. Is it one of these that is an acquired taste?
    @Strawberriesandcream – how great to get back dancing. I can see the smile on your face now! I must take a serious look at those carbs to zap this tummy.
    @coda – my heart goes out to you. As mums of boys, as we both are, Iโ€™m very mindful that we take second place to the girlโ€™s own family. There are pros and cons of going to her mum. You say she doesnโ€™t speak to her dad so if she has a rocky relationship with her parents perhaps you could get her mum on your side. However, if they are as thick as thieves, you risk alienating her more. If the baby isnโ€™t due for a bit, could you try to smooth things over with her? While I only know you here, you strike me as a very positive and supportive person and I canโ€™t imagine why she would fall out with you. What does your son think about all of this? A rock and a hard place comes to mind. โ˜น๏ธ
    @foodfreedomgirl of course thereโ€™s no problem. We all fast in different variations. I hope you find the support and friendship to help you on your journey.
    @rara0292 – so sorry to hear about your friend. Wishing her speedy healing.
    @purplevilet Iโ€™m delighted at your good news. Never mind the excess baggage. Youโ€™ll soon despatch that.

And so to bed….

Day 3 country west Australia NFD
    Well yesterday’s FD went swimmingly with just liquids and thin soups until 7 pm ( day almost over!!) when …… DH arrived home unexpectedly from a trip away bearing ….. flowers ( quite the romantic) wine, chocolate, pastries, cheese and other delicious morsels.
    What’s a girl to do?? !! Well join in the feast of course. HOWEVER…. I was much more measured than the past few months – a mere sip of wine ( so smooth and delicious…), 1/2 a pastry and only 2 squares of choc…. not half the block!!! See what bad habits I had got into by being deliberately mindless.
    It does feel so good to be getting back into the groove.
    Love all the quotes various people are posting.
    And it is so good to say hi! to @debster, @annemarilyn, @ciren, @penz, @flourbaby and all my other ‘old’ friends. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ‘
    it does feel so good to be back in company again.
    @coda, so sorry to hear about the relationship breakdown. It is so hard too when you don’t know the reason. Thinking and praying for you and the family. ๐Ÿ™
    @rara0292 I cannot do water only fasts. As a migraine sufferer most of my life I have tried many many times to water fast with diabolical consequences. ๐Ÿ˜ž
    For me the headaches are simply not worth it, so I just do the best I can.
    Have a sunny day everybody, no matter the weather
    and thank you to all those holding me back on the wagon – it’s only by the coattails at present but I can feel myself getting a better grip on that wagon….

Day 3

Hi all, just checking in! Yesterday was a FD, ended up having 518 cal as i was feeling very flat after netball, so munched on a couple of strawberries in the evening.

Spin class this morning was a tough one, and have been pretty ravenous this morning, but pushing through!

Have been making healthy choices on my NFD so far, this Aug challenge is sitting in the back of my mind keeping me accountable, so thanks for all this support ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m getting married in just over 3 months, you would think that that would be enough of an incentive to be healthy, but alas…

Hope everyones month has started well!

I’m in. I am 68 and was diagnosed pre-diabetic a year ago. My numbers haven’t improved and though I am not yet on any medication, I am loathe to travel on to full diabetes. I am reading The Diabetes Code that explains so well why IF reverses PDB and diabetes. I have been foolish about my eating habits and am definitely ready to join in. It will be good to get my weight back in line and my rear back into my normal weight pants!

Oh, and I am a confessed sugar addict. I tried IF some time ago and noticed that my craving for sugary treats was much abated within 2 weeks of starting. I know I can do this, but the support will be huge especially on fast days when I am feeling “hangry”.

Day 2 Mountaintop PA USA

I’m back for another month of maintenance. I am 71 and have been on the Fast 5:2 since November 2016. I had lost 32 lbs from January 2014 walking with my Fitbit. I maintained from 2015 to 2016 and then another 18 pounds gone in one year in November 2017 for a total of 50. I lost only 1.5 lbs a month with fasting 2 days a week and it adds up. I have been in maintenance for 9 months at 142 average and it feels good.

I walk 7 days a week, mostly 4 miles tracking with my Fitbit. I have a rugged upgrade mountain trail in the gamelands near my house. I see deer, small animals and the occasional bear on my walks. Fasting and Fitbit works for me. I need the exercise to stay loose and energetic.

A FD for me is 800 calories and includes a protein waffle made with egg, oatmeal, cottage cheese, olive oil, cinnamon, and vanilla piled high with berries, kiwi and banana for breakfast. 400 calories and I eat that every day. Full fat yogurt, a small handful of nuts, a small piece of fruit is a snack if hungry. DH and I enjoy a dinner salad with lettuce, colorful peppers, beets, onion, walnuts, a small amount of protein topped with cherry tomatoes and Feta or Blue Cheese sprinkles and olive oil and Balsamic vinegar dressing is our FD dinner.

The fun of eating healthy, losing weight, increased energy translated to a new wardrobe of size 8-10 US sizes. The seamstress also gets a lot of business taking in favorites when possible.

Working into the Fast 5:2 takes a month or two but the routine becomes easier. Maintenance is satisfaction. Each new day offers choices. Being healthy is the best reward.

Thank you to all who post regularly. I enjoy reading the ups and downs of your days. We’re all in this together. Enjoy August.

Day 3 – Irelannd ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

Yesterday’s intended FD became nothing of the sort but I don’t mind, I can afford it this week โ˜บ๏ธ I was doing well until I got back from yoga to be greeted with a slice of pizza and wine and the exciting news that DH has booked us a trip to Valencia to watch the finale of the 2018 Moto GP in November ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’ƒ. We were there last year and it’s such a great city. It cheered me up no end. So I joined him in drinking the bottle of wine ๐Ÿท

Yoga! My gosh. Being a complete novice I assumed we would be sitting around in various poses going “OM”……well, this is Kundalini yoga and while there are poses there is a LOT of physical activity. I did a great work out and was just about able to keep up with the class who were all regulars. I loved it!!

My yoga teacher told me that every 4 week season she concentrates on a particular issue or body part. Last month it was all about the heart. This month….it’s all about change in your life!!! How timely for me. I was able to visualise my way through the dense fog I am currently in and could start to see a path…

Thank you one and all for your kind support and uplifting comments over the past week. Thank you @at for the mindfulness link, I have been doing the breathing exercises regularly.

Thank you @beedoo for that UK link…I am not sure if there is anything like that here but I had a good read. The company I work for are a family company that have got big very quickly. There are no properly trained managers (having spent my career in a corporate multinational where there was so much training opportunities for managers and staff and it was mandatory as a manager to know the basics to ensure dignity at work), I knew as soon as I started here that this was not the case. The HR department is actually someone moved on from accounts and given that role as they were starting to have HR issues!! I know ๐Ÿ™„ ….

@debster251 thank you my friend for your support. You said you had been in denial for so long. It got me thinking and maybe I have also been in denial about the so called “dream job” I was in. Yes, when I started 18 months ago it WAS a dream. Working in horticulture less than 5minutes drive from home. Wages shocking bad but no commute, no expense, no staff to manage, no stress. That was then. But business has increased 1000% since last year. This summer I have found that I spend my day co-ordinating the orders and ensuring they get out on time and in full. I am back to supply chain again and now I rarely do anything horticultural like sowing or potting. This is not what I want to do. Added to that the p*g of a bullying intimidating boss (@flourbaby oh you are right about that man), and I think the time off is making me re-evaluate where I find myself right now.

All of you have been wonderful online friends to me this past week and I so appreciate your online presence and support. Thank you for being with me. I promise to be with you guys too. Especially @coda, so very sorry pet, hugs for you xx

Day 3, Guildford UK, WFD 3 of 10

Sounds like our lovely sunshine train is filling up but there is still space if you want to hop on board. There is a happy party going on.

Woke ravenously hungry this morning, that’s usually day 2 so shifted. Drinking water like it has gone out of fashion. So today is going to be hot and sticky. I have mislaid by fitbit because yesterday was stressful and I was not entirely with it!
    Don’t know if I put it on even in the morning! So will check at myfitnesspal. Duh!

All fine in gut biome,.

Glucose 4.1 and ketones nil

So still not fat burning and clearly not fat adapted.

Wanted to address the bone broth issue, I added bone broth on my last fast from Day 3 as I started with acid reflux in the morning and it really help and I took my mineral capsules and enteritic coated pres to help keep my gut microbes happy. That way they feed on the gubbins in the gut ( they need the minerals) and the mucus membrane down there really heals itself. After all some of what we eat (emulsifiers) are detergents that damage that. I know some WFD add a spoon of MCT oil for that purpose too but I don’t.

If a little bone broth keeps me regular and on my WFD then it’s a small calorie price 15 cals. To me it’s medicine although strictly I suppose OMAD of 15 calories!

—————————————
    โ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธโ˜€๏ธ๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž
    ——————————-

@annemarilyn sounds like you settled in just fine and the move went smooooooth. Plenty of local resources. Let us know about the gym once you have gone.

@ccco I once used fitbit and my fitness pal as my food journal. What are you using? May go back to basics myself. WFD is very easy on calorie counting!

@michelinme you are in my votive today. Are there any special things you have to eat or not eat?

@shinything no internet like @annemarilyn, yuk! Awkward. You are doing great just to post if you are using a phone to do it. When will they have you back on?

@borealis no falling off this sunshine train once your ticket is stamped. We have hold of you tight, it’s going to be a great month. Welcome, looking forward to your posts.

@purplevilet was hoping you would join us as you are in my votive and was concerned about the test results. So yeah! Did you celebrate?

@grannygump welcome. In 15 months I have managed to reverse my type 2 with this WOL, so I know it’s possible to reverse or at minimum reduce it. But here is the rub, I had to give up sugar and go low carb as well as IF to do it. But I am so happy now, if you want to turn that around you are on the right train with lots of support. Each of us has our own journey in this.

@lilymartin you really are back in the groove. Sun shining on you today.

@gretta let the challenge spur you on. We are heading fast down the sunshine track today. Keep posting lovely lady.

@steffieagle great to see you back and still in maintenance. Now I have found my pudding for after my WFD are over! New clothes is always so fun and tailoring to fit always makes the not so new look amazing again. Any particular tips on clothes for us? We are greedy to know about your choices, what to keep, what is worth altering etc.

And today’s sunshine let’s take a trip around the sun with Chesney:

https://youtu.be/IAsuFpJ4cnk

Mari

Day 3 NSW Australia NFD

Hi everyone. Just checking in.

Hi @shinything – thank you and I’m doing ok! Have to get back on track – grieving does not make it easy, but I’m determined to make it happen once again!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend with whatever you are planning to do! Bye for now.

@rara0292 that’s almost 24 hrs WFD if you count the time you stopped eating the previous day. A great effort on your first attempt.

I sometimes get headaches with WFD and I believe that’s telling me something about my health. These are the issues I found.

1. Too many carbs prior to WFD meant by burning my glycogen I got very dehydrated even whilst drinking water. So I added a zero electrolyte tablet, now I use a fizzy vit C one as it helps hydration for zero calories.

2. Yeast autolysis (die off) my system was loaded with yeast because of the vast amount of sugar I had consumed. Little buggers love sugar, suddenly cutting sugar by WFD meant they died off and my liver could not cope. End result was crippling headache. So before i did my next WFD i got tested for Candida (yeast) took an antifungal five day treatment and cut sugar out. Sometimes it’s the yeast driving our cravings because they can drive grelhin production. Those horrid sugar cravings can be yeast driven. By product was the persistent athletes foot I had has gone completely. Saving me a fortune on foot creams.

3. Lack of Magnesium can cause WFD headaches. I regularly use magnesium oil (which isnt an oil, just feels that way) I make my own and add either lavender essential oil for night time and rose oil for daytime. You can rub it on the skin, don’t drink it! And I bathe in Epsom salts too sometimes makes the skin feel so soft.

4. Unlikely on a one day WFD but you could be lacking either salt or potassium (lo salt). No way to tell but to supplement one at a time and see if it helps, not both together as antagonists.

I just see this as a learning experience.

Have you had medical help for the migraines you have? What did they say? Migraines are horrible, I have only ever had one and I hated it, thankful I just get ordinary headaches. So I can’t imagine how hard it is to suffer.

Mari

Day 3 Dublin Ireland NFD

Morning All,
    Thank you @rainbowsmile for hosting August.
    @borealis me and you both July was a complete write off. I haven’t checked in here since the end of the June challenge. So I’m back for August because by god does this group save the day when it comes to keeping on track, support and motivation.

I struggled through July with hayfever affecting my breathing I wasn’t able to run as much and then like a downward spiral I slipped back into bad food habits. But I’m back for a new fresh month and a new mindset. I was really starting to struggle with the 500cals so I’ve decided to mix it up and try 16:8. However I know usually with 16:8 you would usually eat up to your TDEE within the 8 hour eating window. I however have mixed this with 5:2 so do have a calorie deficit within the 8 hour window. And I am seeing results this week so I will plough ahead with my new mix of the plans. Usually on a 16:8 day I am eating between 9am and 5pm and it’s working out at a 1,000 calories and I’m trying to do this 2/3 times a week along with fitting in running. It’s probably comparable to a CD. The 1,000 calories is usually just breakfast, lunch and a snack so essentially I’m skipping dinner. Not only are the scales moving downwards as I’m not eating after 5pm my sleep on those days is excellent so similar to the 5:2 results but I’ve adapted both plans to work with my lifestyle and I suppose everyone’s different so you just have to find what works for you.

I have a mini staycation planned with my Mam for the 29th of August to Donegal so that’ll be the date I’m aiming to meet my August goal.
    Best of luck to everyone this month, I’m glad to be back!

Day 3, Newcastle, FD

Throwing in an extra FD today as we are going to a birthday dinner tomorrow night at a very good restaurant and I plan to enjoy every morsel on offer (apart from the bread bun). @penz – are you joining me today?

@coda – I’m really not in a position to give advice having never had any children of my own. Is it possible that as this is their first child, she is wanting to keep the whole experience to the 3 of them until baby has arrived safely? Sending a huge hug x
    Enjoy your weekend @moukinator knowing that fasting afterwards will keep you on track to your goal.
    Hahaha @at – my friend who’s birthday we are celebrating tomorrow evening (she’s 80) has chosen a trip to see the new Mamma Mia film, next Tuesday, as her present from me ๐Ÿ™‚ So long as she enjoys it is what I shall tell myself…..lol And good memory btw – yes I wonder how they are too.
    Enjoy your company @cornish-jane – it’s lovely having visitors now and again.
    Thanks for the recipe link @songbirdme – maybe I can tempt OH to eat courgettes with this one.
    Welcome @foodfreedomgirl – I believe there are a number of folks doing OMAD – I do it on FDs and try on other days too. Sometimes I can, sometimes I can’t. I like the feeling of hunger before I eat and depending on what I am doing, I may not experience hunger until later in the day. I look forward to hearing of your progress.
    Thank you for reminding me that I have a much underused airfryer @basyjames – was it you who gave me the idea of buying it in the first place for sweet potato fries? I’m already drooling at the thought of caramelised sprouts with my dinner tonight.
    Good to hear you back in the groove @shinything ๐Ÿ™‚
    Great news @purplevilet!!! Everyone is different. If I eat little and often, the calories soon mount up. One or two decent meals is best for me on NFDs and one meal on FDs.

The rest of the UK is bathed in sunshine – but we have a thick band of rain right over us until this afternoon. @rainbowsmile – thank goodness for your daily dose of sunshine – love it!

Day 3 UK CD

Yesterday’s FD morphed into a CD but I’ll take it as working in the right direction ๐Ÿ™‚ Water during the day and evening meal of large salad with eggs and a little cheddar cheese, ff yogurt with berries and a few nuts. THEN slipped in two skinny bits of oatbread toast with vegemite and cucumber. At least i stopped, had skinny and didn’t dive in – that’s progress.

Friday weigh day and I’m 146lbs – 5lbs down on the end of June and 2lb up from my July post-hospital instant weight loss. Waist up/hips down 0.5″. This is a place from which i can build something helpful and healing.

I’ve sliced up my oat bread into skinny slices and frozen it – remembering the transformative powers of freezing and toasting carbs. Not thinking that I have to eat the whole loaf in a week, which is transformational in itself! The fridge is groaning with lovely food, and I look forward to eating it – mindfully!

Today i’ve got 3 project tasks with deadlines – all important, all fiddly & take a chunk of thinking. Probably a lot less than I think tho, it’s just my brain works more slowly at the moment. I’m still going to take some time now and do 15 mins gentle adapted yoga & 15 mins meditation, getting my head int he right place makes a huge difference to the day.

I use LIM yoga, which was specifically designed for people with neuro conditions & can be done in tiny bits – seated, supported or standing. For me it’s uncurled spasms and stretched shortened muscles incrementally over the past 6 years, gently realigning my body in ways I wouldn’t have thought possible. Details https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yoga-Movement-Disorders-Rebuilding-Flexibility/dp/0985386916

@borealis welcome back ๐Ÿ™‚
    @purplevilet great news about your results, go gently with yourself
    @rara0292 sorry to hear about your migraine and your friend
    @coda thinking of you, and hope the situation resolves
    @daffodil2010 yay for yoga and yay for you!
    @shinything ๐Ÿ™ internet is frustrating, hope it’s resolved without hiccups
    @rainbowsmile no idea about foods! I’m going to practice good self-care, get some perspective and have good rest, work gently with what I have and see how I go. Will try to keep track of what works and symptoms, and talk to GP next week x

Whatever happens, we can be gentle with ourselves and purposeful in our actions

@cosmokid the trouble with scales is they weigh weight not fat. I got into the mindset of thinking scales up more fat, scales down less fat.

But actually scales weigh everything fat, water, bone, muscle, sugar stores, poo…..
    Everything and it doesn’t tell us what we are gaining and losing.

The exciting thing is that this way of life IF causes us to take fat from our stores and burn that. It also works to stop us putting more of the white stuff into stores.

I stopped weighing myself long ago except once a month as a trend. I go have a body composition check every three months. Last month despite 9 days of fasting I only lost 1lb, but actually I lost 5lbs of fat and gained 4 lbs of muscle. The best I have ever done.

I can absolutely guarantee that at the end of 10 days WFD that the weight loss will be huge possibly 10 to 12 lbs and after i replenish my glycogen it will be about 4 or 5. Thats excellent, a WFD should loose about half a pound of fat a day, 1800 calories a day is half a pound of fat.

So don’t worry about the scales, some of us especially those who have cycles carry water up to 2 full extra glasses of it. And ironically the slimmer you get the bigger the percentage of body weight the water fluctuation can be, because fat cells don’t easily hold water.

That’s why the crew call the scales Cruella.

You are doing so well And losing in a super healthy way. Don’t mind those nasty old scales, they are only a guide. And some of them have a metal spring in them which also expands and contracts with heat too, so you can end up weighing more on hotter days than cold ones. As scales get old they get more inaccurate that’s why those sinister ones in the doctors office use counter weights. For accuracy.

Mari

Day 3, UK, NFD

After successful FD yesterday I’m down .5kg ๐Ÿ™‚ , pleased to be going in the right direction even if its at a tortoise pace ๐Ÿข

@rara0292 I hope your friend is ok. And maybe just normal fasting would be better for you? ๐Ÿ™‚ I find it that I don’t need anything extra, just basic 5:2 works really well as long as I stick to it.

@borealis welcome back ๐Ÿ™‚ , may August be better month for all of us ๐Ÿ˜€

@purplevilet great news that your results are fine and all is ok ๐Ÿ’ƒ. I personally don’t believe eating more frequently helps in any way, maybe try 16:8 where you eat in 8 hours window? And keep to TDEE of your target weight?

@rainbowsmile and @michelinme I should have my internet back by this evening, and I’m using my phone as a hotspot at the moment, basically using my mobile phone internet data, but using my laptop ๐Ÿ™‚

@michelinme what are the transformative powers of freezing and toasting carbs?? Glad to hear you are heading in the right direction with your recovery ๐Ÿค—

Have a great day everyone ๐ŸŒบ

Well I’m in for August too! I dropped 1.2kg in July (2.5wks of Plateau and gain chucked in for good measure too though!) More like 2kg dropped of you count the gain.
    Better weigh In again this week and see what the damage is after my family holiday I have been on for a week! I feel gross to be honest..
    Looking forward to being back on the wagon!
    Bring it on August! If i can drop another 1.8kg this month I will be beyond happy.. that’s my first goal weight I had in mind…

Hello all day 3 in NI and itโ€™s a healthy eating day for me

Yesterdayโ€™s healthy eating day went a little skew with! After core yoga (where I somehow tweaked a muscle in my shoulder and spent the rest of the class stretching). I decided I would call into a shop on the way home for some liquorice. I came out with a big bag of crisps, a bag of popcorn (toffee/nut and chocolate!!) and my liquoriceโ€ฆโ€ฆ. But I didnโ€™t eat it all โ€“ I had some crisps (1/2), had some popcorn (1/2) and had some liquorice (1/2). Taped them up and put them in the cupboard and gave the liquorice to OH to take on his journey to summer camp. So for me that is a success โ€“ I had to go into the shops again this morning to buy a birthday card and walked past the sweets with relative, ease โ€“no thanks, no thanks.

Thank you to all for the hugs and thoughts and have decided to just let things be until after baby is born โ€“ unless the opportunity arises to speak to her Mum or her but I have a feeling she will not be down at the house for a while โ€“ which I think is good as it may let the dust settle a little. Iโ€™m not sure if I could โ€˜appearโ€™ normal just yet. Meeting with my son for a quick bite of lunch today so will see how he is coping.

@lilymartin โ€“ nice to see an old friend keen to get back on the wagon

@purplevilet โ€“ great news โ€“ just keep on keeping on!

Welcome @grannygrump and @gretta

As we head into the weekend remember…

I am not a product of my circumstances; I am a product of my decisions!

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 883 total)

You must be logged in to reply.