August 2018- Monthly Challenge – Summer Sun

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
August 2018- Monthly Challenge – Summer Sun

This topic contains 880 replies, has 61 voices, and was last updated by  mishty 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 883 total)

• 2nd post – @lilymartin, I think it is easier to eat more vegetables in Japan. Food tends to be a bit salty though. In general the Japanese diet is lower fat, lower sugar but pretty high carb. Portion sizes tend to be sane. The things I don’t like is fruit is too expensive and dairy products outside of ice cream or just cream aren’t really that great. It is mostly a cheese desert as the Japanese idea of cheese is pretty lame. Lots of quick meals can be bought that are reasonably healthy. Miso is supposed to be good for the body and I hope so because it is really hard to avoid!

Day 13 pocket list:
    @merryapple
    @at
    @daffodil
    @dykask
    @lilymartin

Day 13 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Quick check in. I am all spruced up in smart office clothes, make up applied, getting ready to start my new job. I do plan an FD however.

Talk later

Day 13 – India – CD

Day 11 – NFD
    DAY 12 – NFD

The only thing I have done this weekend is eat, eat and then eat some more… All the hard work of the past week is down the drain. To add to my stress is the fact I am traveling this week with friends… I don’t know how much I will be able to follow my routine.

Day 13 – FD; Dublin, Ireland

Hi everyone,

as expected the weekend was a complete Stuff Your Face extravaganza, so hitting the rest button this week and hoping for 4:3 regime until we are off on holiday next week.

If I can weigh in at less than 70kg next Wednesday, I will be happy.

Good luck to everyone fasting and good luck @daffodil2010 on your first day at the new job!

Pocket list for Day 13:
    @merryapple
    @at
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @lilymartin
    @moukinator

Hello to fellow August abstainers. I’m away, again! In Italy. Non alcoholic beer exists in supermarkets but never in bars, it seems. Drinking weird things like non alcoholic bitters and San Pelligrino NA cocktails. It’s a pain cos it’s easy to drink fake beer but I’m not keen on the other stuff, and I swerve sweet fruit juices because they seem so sugary.

@debster251, I have a close friend who is not at all happy I won’t split bottles of wine with her anymore, and every time I see her, without fail, she tells me how a little red wine is good for you. If only it was so simple. I’ve decided not to get annoyed with her because I don’t think she’d wish me ill, but it’s amazing how some people are keen to derail you.

Reading all the posts. Not getting in any FD in Rome but skipping breakfast and lunch and hoping for the best. Hi to everybody round the world. Shame we can’t all get together face to face. H

Day 13, Newcastle UK, FD (2nd of B2B)

Yesterday’s FD at 450 cals (milk/cream in tea/coffee & 100g of live full fat greek yogurt) was the best I’ve achieved in many months. However, lying on the settee sleeping and watching TV did not work up much of an appetite. Still feeling wiped out with my cold this morning, so another lazy day beckons.

All the very best for your first day back in the corporate world @daffodil2010 – onwards & upwards.
    Thanks @missybear & @flourbaby – now that my hectic social week is behind me, my body seems to have said ‘OK, time to rest and recover.’
    @kaywesterman – nothing like a good coleslaw – thanks for sharing that link.
    @emma taylor – after the first book you recommended, I’m looking forward to reading your recent suggestion.
    Thanks for all your wonderful daily sunshine @rainbowsmile – just what I need right now to whack my cold.

Onwards & downwards.

3rd post – I’m right at the rough point of the water FD where my blood glucose is dropping and probably other sources of glucose aren’t keeping pace yet. Even people deep in ketosis are still depended on blood glucose and some parts of our bodies can’t metabolize fatty acids or ketones. (For example red blood cells, kidneys, parts of the brain …) Ha! It is unlikely I have any surplus ketones, personally I don’t find ketosis that great, it is more of a survival state to me. That is party why I’m not doing the multi-day fasts this year although mostly that is because of my wife’s nagging. (I mean avoiding the nagging 🙁 )

The low glucose is like a -3 but the nagging is more like a -90. As I type the low glucose stress is already passing. 24 hours done …. 12 to go! Normally the last 12 are easy.

Pocket list for Day 13:
    @merryapple
    @at
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @lilymartin
    @moukinator

Day 13 Wales FD

Happy to report I made it through Saturday and Sunday alcohol free! Looking forward to a healthy eating week starting with a FD today.

Pocket list for Day 13:
    @merryapple
    @at
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @lilymartin
    @moukinator
    @missybear

Day 13, London, UK, NFD

Yesterday was a FD flop!! I’m not very good at fasting whilst at home which is why I usually B2B2B on my Tue-Thurs work days. So, I guess I’m back to my usual routine 4 xNFDs below TDEE with 500cal B2B2B thrown in the middle. If it ain’t broke ………….. and all that!!!

@debster251, no shame, no guilt, just get yourself back on the wagon!! As you know this WOL isn’t about feeling bad, I’m only abstaining for this month because my July holiday was a “Liver-pickling –extravaganza!!!!!!!!!!!” I don’t want to be, I NEED to be, booze free!!!!

@daffodil2010, I hope today is going well, Have a great 1st day!!!! I suppose you never missed the “corporate uniform” in the glasshouse!!! I went from working on a building site to working in an office …………………… The biggest change was how much time it took to get ready in the morning, I can’t really get away with throwing on old clothes more suited to the charity shop & sticking my hair in a bun anymore!!!!

Stay strong people ………………………. Especially my fellow abstainers!!!

Day 13, Dublin, 16:8 CD

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend. Like a lot on the forum hitting the Monday reset button today. Weekend was very busy with a 10km Rock n Roll run in Dublin yesterday. Brilliant event, think they are worldwide so would encourage everyone to try one great day.

@shinything As I’m not doing the usual two 500 FD I’ve switched it up to try and do 4 1,000 16:8 days to see if I can achieve the same results as the normal 5:2 plan. I was really struggling with the 500 cal days so trying something different in the interim but hoping to eventually get back to the regular 5:2 plan.

@debster251 Enjoy your trip, we never made it to Rosses Point so definitely want to go back and visit it. Love Westport it’s such a great town, so much fun! Last time I was there we climbed Croagh Patrick… not in my bare feet like some of those I spotted there!

Day 13, Guildford UK, CFD

Back to it, woke this morning very very hot and sweaty. Needed to sleep in, I needed more sleep. My sheets are wet through.

Body temperature is very high indeed. Never had this before unless I have been ill. I am ok other than the high temperature.

————————–

@merryapple let this be the month of 179 and below

@lilymartin I am always concerned with the word diet, I don’t think of myself as dieting more of a WOL. There seem to be so many diets but few WOL. Although it does seem the Japanese WOL is good for health.

@daffodil2010 have a great day.

@jisika all you can do is your best and stay with this WOL as best you can.

@moukinator are there any other alternatives than bitters? I quite like low alcohol beer and its a shame it isnt available more freely where you are.

@strawberriesandcream that was a great day, let your cold heal dear one that seems very sensible to me.

@dykask I know that point of switching to ketosis, it can be rough, generally for me it’s day day 2. I am getting ready for a 24 WFD tomorrow. I do well in ketosis but it just takes me a few days to get there. I am saved the nagging though!

@missybear I made it through too although I did fancy a G&T left that behind by being very busy.

@flourbaby a routine is great. And I understand the let go philosophy on holiday. At the moment I am not having holidays so it is easier. @Debster250 one day doesn’t matter, how about unofficially making September 1 part of August?

——————————-

Make your own sunshine with Alyssa Bonagura

https://youtu.be/sUFDFePer_c

——————————-

The pocket list is in @missybear post above.

Have a great Monday

Mari

@rainbowsmile – I mostly just notice the blood glucose dropping when my liver has exhausted its stored glycogen. Most people define ketosis by when they can measure the overflow being filtered out from the kidneys. It used to take over two days before I could easily measure that. I don’t think I get very far into ketosis in 36 hours of fasting. However the drop in blood glucose is notable because I tend to get a little lite-headed for a while.

When I did much longer fasts I measured ketone levels often and they seem to move around a lot. I never noticed changes in ketone levels. In fact I can’t recall ever even having the keto-flu. The only effect I notice is I tend to be more aggressive.

Day 13 North Canton OH FD

Today is the first day of the school year for my kids. It was bittersweet watching them go in. Now I have two high schoolers and I am so proud of the women they are becoming.

@metatauta congrats on the new low!

@flourbaby I can listen to Jillian Michaels either, I listen to music while I follow the moves. She’s very effective. But. She. Talks. Too. Much. I find it annoying.

@dykask I can relate, same thing happened to me. I cut sugar out completely and increased my nut and fat consumption. My tummy is way flatter and I don’t get hungry.

@daffodil2010 I can’t wait to hear how your day went.

I avoided alcohol this weekend and although I ate a little more than I planned, I avoided all sugar and did not gain any weight over the weekend. So onward and downward this week.

Day 13 pocket list:
    @merryapple
    @at
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @lilymartin
    @moukinator
    @missybear
    @basyjames

Day 13 UK FD

Ate lots more carbs than usual yesterday, including crumpets I found in the freezer & didn’t enjoy but ate anyway 🙁 And today I’m up 5lbs on Friday!

Carb dragon is definitely getting stronger, definitely linked with late night tiredness when self-indulgence takes over from self-care. Time for a plan to tackle it rather than expecting it will just go away. Today is a reset day – going to try for a second WFD, better self care and a good bedtime routine.

I know WFD may be tricky after a carbtastic weekend, but holding onto the wonderful feeling I had last week on the morning after the WFD before. That’s what good energy feels like!

@daffodil2010 happy new job 🙂
    @strawberriesandcream get better soon
    @rainbowsmile hope this isn’t a bug and soon passes

Pocket list for Day 13:
    @merryapple
    @at
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @lilymartin
    @moukinator
    @missybear
    @basyjames
    @michelinme

Day 13, FD, US

Checking in.

Day 13: Gloucestershire, UK: FD

Hanging on in there.

Pocket list for Day 13:
    @merryapple
    @at
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @lilymartin
    @moukinator
    @missybear
    @basyjames
    @michelinme
    @ciren2

USA Day 13 FD

Good luck, Daffodil2010 on your new job! Rainbowsmile, I don’t understand what is going on with you but I am guessing it must have to do with your lengthy fasting. Maybe your metabolism is working overtime!

I am doing a regular 5:2 FD today and not another water fast. I am not sure if I will be doing another water fast in the future. I do much better with 500 calories and being mindful on my NFDs, so I think I will stick with that for the time being!

Have a great day everyone! I am going away, so I won’t be posting until next weekend!

Day 13 Stevensville Maryland USA CFD

Well the past 3 days were CNFD’s which went well. Kept my TDEE’s under 1000. Today is a CFD and I think I might make it a 66hr CFD, fasting until Wed at noon.

Pocket list for Day 13:
    @merryapple
    @at
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @lilymartin
    @moukinator
    @missybear
    @basyjames
    @michelinme
    @ciren2
    @diana123

Every Sunrise is an invitation for us to arise and brighten someone’s day, have a great Monday everyone.

Day 13 – USA – NFD

@rainbowsmile, hope you are okay…perhaps @ccco was correct in that your metabolism is running on overtime? @ccco, enjoy your time away; reading your posts from the time you joined the forum tells me you are really settling into this WOL and eager to learn what works for you! @daffodil2010, go girl, go girl, go girl!!! (Dancing while I say that).

Have to figure out a new plan for myself, as today I was at 150.4 again, so whoever said if I’ve seen 150 once, I’ll see it again. I did not expect to get this low this quick (am I really saying that?), so I want to make a range for myself (147-150), which should probably be do-able with 1 FD a week from now on and making sure I don’t go over TDEE too much on NFDs. I wonder if the sudden drop has something to do also with weight training, which I’ve been doing for the past 2 weeks, just upper body for a few minutes every other day…?

Fall is coming rapidly which will mean the opportunity to take walks without burning or sweating too much…can’t wait!

Day 13 – UK – FD (2nd of B2B)

I had a good FD yesterday coming in under 400cals for the day 😇

Just got back home after visiting a 99 y.o friend this morning, who is now in a nursing home – went with 3 other friends and we then had a light lunch out together on the way back home. Logged on to catch up on the posts and saw that I was added to today’s Pocket List so decided to follow with a B2B as it fitted in with my day so well – so thank you to @merryapple for adding me to the list 🤗 I am planning on drinking water only for the rest of today so should come in under 600cals for the day. Yoga class as usual this evening so that should keep me focused and on track.

@jaifaim – well done on the 80km bike ride 🚴‍♀️
    @michelinme – slow but sure is the road to recovery and nice to know that you are feeling better than you were a week ago.
    @kaywesterman – thank you for the link to the Cran-Apple Coleslaw and the Cowgirl Caviar Slaw sounds good too but not sure why Truvia needs adding – will try without I think
    @anna6 – I do love a good cocktail too – Amaretto Sour is my favourite at the moment – having had one when out with DD recently. Enjoy the rest of your holiday x
    @daffodil2010 – I agree with your DH that your old workplace will have to follow through – thinking of you today 🤗
    @emma Taylor – have a fab time in Rome – alcohol free or otherwise 😉
    @Strawberriesandcream – hope you feel better soon x
    @michelinme – Just think of us on the pocket list with you when temptation strikes – we will be your guardian angels for the day – Together Everyone Achieves More!
    @diana123 – be careful that you don’t get trapped into a low calorie diet instead of the 5:2 WOL! You need to find a way of eating that is sustainable in the long term – losing weight is relatively easy but maintaining can be hard if you then change how you are eating……

Positive Vibes to all those on a FD today and Mindful Eating to those on NFDs.

Day 13 pocket list:
    @merryapple
    @at – B2B
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @lilymartin
    @moukinator
    @missybear
    @basyjames
    @michelinme
    @penz
    @ciren2
    @ccco
    @diana123

Remember that 5:2 is a WOL and not a DIET – therefore it’s a permanent way of eating and it’s all about creating healthy habits, rather than restrictions!
    I think that most of us with time realise that all things CAN be enjoyed BUT in moderation and NOT everyday and certainly NOT in the portions we may have eaten in the past…………

“ONLY I CAN CHANGE MY LIFE. NO ONE CAN DO IT FOR ME” Carol Burnett – so sit back and focus on all that is positive, beautiful and wonderful in your life.

USA Day 13 FD
    Second Post

Thank you, Metatauta! I am really trying! So far so good today! I have had blueberries and one egg for breakfast! I plan to have one drumstick and green beans for lunch! All very simple! 🙂

Day 13, Idaho USA ??

Not feeling well this weekend. Nibbling on and off. Fighting something off?

I have been known to take a magnesium supplement, and that didn’t seem to be helping with the legs, but thought to take a different one on Saturday night ZMA (Zinc Monomethionine Aspartate, Magnesium Aspartate and Vitamin B6) that my husband sometimes uses and I slept like a baby. So wonderful. 4 hour nap Sunday, not feeling well, trouble sleeping again last night even with the ZMA, but not legs, just thrown off by the nap?

Definitely don’t feel like I’d make it through a 20/4 today. May just do TDEE today and pick up tomorrow.

Day 13 London UK FD

I had such a naughty eating day yesterday. Fully planned to do it so I didn’t feel in the least bit guilty, and had half a pizza and fries. However, as @debster251 said the anticipation was definitely more delightful than the real thing. Also, can a carb overload give you a headache? I had the worst headache all evening. Stopped eating at 5pm to try and offset some damage!

Have had a great FD so far today. So busy at work that I haven’t had a chance to even think about eating. Almost 5pm and I have just stopped and made myself a 20 cal miso soup while I take a break to catch up on posts and write this.

In other exciting news, I have my first convert! I wore a figure skimming black dress last week and received so many compliments. Told one of the girls about FD/5:2/4:3/IF and now she and her husband are trying it. So excited for them. Have sent a link to the Eat, Fast and Live Longer documentary and I have been trying to encourage her without being fanatical! I have been quite reserved about who I tell as I know some people will view it as drastic and liken it to starving oneself. When I do talk about it I am keen to stress the health benefits and not just weight loss.

@daffodil2010 Have been thinking of you today and hope you have had a good first day! How did it all go?!

@jisika Try not to stress and just think about how good you will feel when you get the chance to reset once your travels are over. I hope you enjoy your travels – where are you going?

@moukinator Sounds like a lot of us had a bit of a binge this weekend! We too are off on hols at the end of next week so I am hope to have a week and a half of maintaining steadily.

@emma-taylor Rome, you lucky thing! By skipping breakfast and lunch you must be doing some good damage limitation!

@rainbowsmile I hope temp has come down? x

@basyjames Congrats on your two high schoolers! Made me feel emotional reading that…my little boy has a long way to go yet but time flies.

@dykask and @basyjames really interesting about nut consumption not affecting tummy getting flatter. Now that I think of it, they haven’t had any adverse effects on my weight loss or tummy. I think if that is what satisfies my snack cravings then I could be doing a lot worse! Was so proud of myself yesterday when I was ordering pizza and fries, I looked at the desert menu and was tempted by the chocolate brownie but managed to resist. Like you BasyJames, I managed to avoid alcohol and sugar this weekend. So despite drowning myself in carbs yesterday I don’t think I did too badly!

Planned ahead last night and made another indian style red lentil daal for this evening. I crave it every fast day and mix it up with different veg. Last week I added broccoli and cauliflower. This week its spinach and peas and cherry tomatoes. Another good one is sweet potato and carrot. The smell of the tempered garlic, mustard seeds and dried chillies, and finished with a garnish of fresh coriander is heaven. Am making myself hungry now!

Day 13 pocket list:
    @merryapple
    @at – B2B
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @lilymartin
    @moukinator
    @missybear
    @basyjames
    @michelinme
    @penz
    @ciren2
    @ccco
    @diana123
    @beedoo

Found this online and thought it was rather good:

Eat less CRAP

C –carbonated drinks
    R – refined sugar
    A – artificial sweeteners and colours
    P – processed foods

Eat more FOOD

F – fruit and vegetables
    O – organic proteins
    O – omega 3 fatty acids
    D – drink water

Day 13 – Ireland -FD

Trying to get to the bottom of my waking up wiped all the time so just back from an ENT consultant… I’m generally very active and a soun

Day 13 USA (Utah visiting) FD

Going to try to do a 700-800 calorie FD today.

@beedoo – Isn’t it terrific when someone notices all the hard work you’ve done! Yeah for the converts! Absolutely loved the CRAP and FOOD acronyms. Terrific.

Onward and downward.

Day 13 – Ireland -FD

Trying to get to the bottom of my waking up wiped all the time so just back from an ENT consultant… I’m generally very active and a sound sleeper but I wake feeling tired most days… I have a long term chronic condition and high BP so it seems difficult for doctors to see beyond both of those but this year I have vowed to do what I can to work out what’s going on with my body…….

I do keep quite fit though and yes @rainbowsmile, I regularly cycle long distance with my cycling club… It’s great for the mind and is very sociable. I quite like solo spins too and it’s a great chance to clear your head… This summer has been the best in a long time with the fantastic weather!

Fasting today and hoping that I’m still on track with the weight loss..

Wishing you all a happy Monday!

Onward and downard…

Day 13 pocket list:
    @merryapple
    @at – B2B
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @lilymartin
    @moukinator
    @missybear
    @basyjames
    @michelinme
    @penz
    @ciren2
    @ccco
    @diana123
    @beedoo
    @jaifaim

Day 13, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Fasting yesterday happened until 7pm then I started grazing. Oh well…at least it was good/healthy food.
    Today will be a CD.

Have a good Monday everyone! 😊🌻🌺

Second post

@redrockgirl302 I always start my day at 7 pm anyway. I find it helps and 7 pm isn’t long to fast to.

@jaifaim it is well worth working out what is going on, waking exhausted can not be helping any sort of performance. Despite that you are cycling! Such willpower

@beedoo carb overload can make you dehydrated giving a bad headache. Good news on the convert, losing weight as slowly as I have no one notices not really.

@foodfreedomgirl I hope you find a formula that works for the restless legs.

@ccco simple is best. I have no hunger currently. None at all! I am just going with it for now.

@at I might think about being added accidentally every day.

@metatauta it is likely the weight training as you will burn the glycogen in your muscles more easily.

@diana123 you are really working well.

I think I have worked out what is going on, it’s mild keto flu, believe it or not my ketones are at 2.2! Go figure. Had two cool baths today. I also have the mild rash on my hand. My body temperature is way up and its quite uncomfortable.

Well who would have guessed that? Not during the WFT but afterwards. So I think I will drop eating for 24 hrs see if I can calm my body down.

Mari

Day 13 UK FD

Sorry I haven’t checked in for a few days. I am pleased to report that I got through the weekend without sugar and booze and I even managed to resist birthday cake!!!!

Fast day has gone well too.

Sending everyone positive vibes and I hope you all enjoy your evening.

Day 13 pocket list:
    @merryapple
    @at – B2B
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @lilymartin
    @moukinator
    @missybear
    @basyjames
    @michelinme
    @penz
    @ciren2
    @ccco
    @diana123
    @beedoo
    @jaifaim
    @sarahbob

Day 13 – Florida

FD today. Doing good so far. Came home for a late lunch and ate pineapples and cantaloupe. Well, I don’t usually weigh in on Mondays, just once a week but since I weigh on Sat. I wanted to see if the cookout we went to added extra pounds. Turns out I lost another pound. So, I might reach my goal in August. Depends how the cruise go. 🙂

Glad everyone enjoyed the cole slaw. I didn’t add any sweeteners, as I don’t think they are healthy. I did add some sugar, but really don’t think it is needed as the apples and cranberries added some sweetness. I like Hungry Girl recipes. I used to use them all the time.

@daffodil2010 good luck with your new job.
    @rainbowsmile hope you get feeling better.
    Have a great day.

Day 13 pocket list:
    @merryapple
    @at – B2B
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @lilymartin
    @moukinator
    @missybear
    @basyjames
    @michelinme
    @penz
    @ciren2
    @ccco
    @diana123
    @beedoo
    @jaifaim
    @kaywesterman

Day 13 second post

Coming back here to top up motivation and inspired by the enormous pocket list – thank you for the reminder @at 🙂 Hope everyone’s FDs are going as well as possible.

WFD so far so good on water and a black coffee; going to have a hot vegemite to top up my salt and will have to have some banana with medication in a bit. But otherwise feeling good, brain resetting nicely albeit thinking of usual FD food just now. Hopefully the hot vegemite will knock that on the head.

I remembered that not eating gives me extra time, so decided to make the most of a food-prep free evening. Enjoyed mindfully cutting the bumper lavender harvest from front garden, making space for another flowering. I’ve got three bumper bundles tied up with string ready to give away for others to enjoy. Now going to make a bumper batch of moisturiser – enough to get me through the rest of the year, plus some extra for presents. Then warm shower and bed – hopefully remembering MO to knock me out – and looking forward to that lovely morning feeling 🙂

Today has been a better day – 5:2 wise anyway! Small steps in the right direction…

Day 13 – 2nd post

Checking in after my first day back in the corporate world since 2015. I really enjoyed it. I had forgotten how comforting it is to be given handbooks and company policies, to be shown around and introduced, to be back with professional people, dignity and respect foremost in the workplace.

I will enjoy my time here. My good friend works here and she has been assigned as my work buddy while I settle in which is great! We met 20 years ago when we worked in another company, but we both moved jobs and it’s been 15 years since we worked together. ☺️

Thank you all for your good vibes and good wishes, @moukinator, @strawberriesandcream, @flourbaby, @rainbowsmile, @basyjames, @michelinme, @ciren2, @ccco, @metatauta, @at, @beedoo, @kaywesterman, (apologies if I have missed anyone), but you guys held my hand virtually today and I had a successful first day PLUS a successful FD.

This despite the dreaded cake and sweets dotted liberally around the office! I took a pear from the fruit basket so that was my treat, the calories counted towards the FD.

Very tired now, off to bed, hope everyone on today’s FD makes it through 👍

USA Day 13 FD

FD is going well. I am done sting for the day! 🙂

Rainbowsmile: I googled keto flu! It sounds like it can be quite uncomfortable and can last from a couple of days to a couple of weeks. I don’t remember if I read whether there is anything you can do about it, though. The good news is that you are definitely burning fat! Feel better soon.

Day 13, UK, FD

Sorry I haven’t posted for couple of days, its been a super busy time, hardly had time to read posts …. but eating has been good and no overindulging, so I’m happy about that. And FD has gone well today so lets see if it shows in the morning 🙂

So many good/inspirational posts and some interesting readings as well, but I can’t answer all, will have to leave it for later … but just have to say ….

@rainbowsmile you worry me a little 🙁 , I hope you feel better soon. Feeling ill is not what I’d want from this WOL, if that’s what caused it 😷. Please take care of yourself 🤗

@daffodil2010 I hope your first day at work went well 😊 , can’t wait to hear about it.

@michelinme you make your own moisturiser? 😀

@ccco have a great trip 😀

More later ……

Have a great evening everyone ❤

Edit: Posted at the same time as @daffodil2010 so didn’t see the post 😀

Daffodil2010: I am happy for you! 🙂

Day 14 Auckland

I’ve cracked the invisible barrier and was 79.7kg this morning despite going to the pub last night! That’s an 11.6kg loss since mid January 2018 on 5:2.
    Amazingly hardly anyone has noticed. One chap asked if I had changed my hair style! My BF hadn’t even noticed until I bought some new clothes two weeks ago…

Cheers everyone!
    Onward and downwards!

USA Day 15 FD

Wonderful, MarryApple!

Day 14 – Japan – NFD 77.0kg

55 water fasts done in 2018 so far.

@ccco You are in the future? I’m more use to the USA being in the past! 😀

@merryapple – Over 11kg so far in 2018? Now I have to go find my jaw, I lost it when it dropped on the floor.

Day 14 country west Australia NFD
    FINALLY !! had a good FD yesterday and trying for a CNFD under TDEE today. ( I usually hate acronyms but happy to use them here !)
    1 kg of weight ( probs water but hey…)banished
    More water being drunk
    Small serve of salmon and veggies for dinner and the body goes ahhhhh….
    Have been having some gut issues , not related to 5:2 but needing to be looked in to.
    Not bowel Ca ( phew)
    Think it is related to food so will have to do some challenges eg cut out sugar and see, then carbs and see etc. Not looking forward to it.😞
    @rainbowsmile, thanks for the sunshine you bring to this month☀️😎
    re ‘diet’, I call whatever people eat their diet eg if you eat pies and coke or veggies and meat or chocolate or whatever I consider that your diet – not a ‘diet’ as in giving up particular food/ foods .
    We all have a diet – some better than others
    Hope that clarifies the issue.
    @merryapple congratulations on your loss – well done
    @dykask, interesting to hear about the salt in Japanese diet. I can’t handle tofu but perhaps it is the way it is prepared – usually our of a packet or in the freezer in the local grocery store. No local Asian stores within cooee.

Day 14 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Morning all. Did not sleep too well last night. Funny thing is that I began to get a slight pain in my back yesterday but I put it down to not being desk bound for 3 years. I had also had loose bowel movements both before and after work (sorry for the Too Much Information but theres more), and at lunchtime I got a return of TOM…only a week after they finished 😨

I am putting it all down to stresses and seismic changes of the past few weeks and my gut reacting to all that adrenaline and whatever other stress hormones I was pumping in there. Going to have a morning glass of kefir and hopefully things will settle.

It’s a NFD so am bringing in a tuna and black olive sandwich on home made oat bran bread, and perhaps an apple. Dinner might be comfort food like some meatballs and gravy.

@shinything and @ccco Thanks, it was a good day!
    @merryapple Well done on that loss so far in 2018.
    @dykask Hope you found your jaw from the floor 😆

@michelinme the bunches of lavender sound lovely. Do you still have your bird feeders? Same to you @shinything, are the feeders still going strong? I am really really hoping that the huge contingent of starlings that nested near me and feed from the feeders will remain over winter and murmurate!! If you have never seen one you should google …there were starlings murmurating over my village about 5 years ago and it was an astounding sight every winter evening at sundown. Then the tress were they nested were cut down and the numbers never came back.

@flourbaby…I will admit I have to be careful now how I dress, a tracksuit and tshirt won’t cut it in the office 😆

Have a good Tuesday everyone

Day 14 Sligo NFD

Skimming the posts on my phone with intermittent wifi.  I think I need new glasses.
    I have to ask myself why we chose to go west with the p***ing rain instead of towards the drier south? 
    @rainbowsmile take care of yourself and feel better soon. Xo
    @emma Taylor I took strength in your post.  Yes, I should have said no, but will work on my willpower this week when we are away.
    Pat on the back @missybear!
    @basyjames – while I lamented the end of the long summer holidays, I enjoyed the beginning of the school year for the return to routine, seeing my boys in their new uniforms and above all preparing my classroom for a new intake with all the optimism that brings.  Now every day’s a holiday lol!
    Thanks @flourbaby. I’ve done just that!
    @daffodil 2010 glad your day went well!
    @beedoo – love the ‘crap’ mnemonic!
    @sarahbob wow, both sugar and booze? I’m so impressed!

Have a good day one and all,

Day 14, London, UK, FD (1st of B2B2B)

Very quick check-in today, I have loads of work to do!!!

Back to my usual routine, as Sunday wasn’t the FD I had planned to kick off my ADF week. Sleeping badly at the moment, but I’m taking a break from MO deodorant as the concentration I use can irritate delicate armpits, so I’ve no one to blame but myself for being too lazy to give my feet a spritz!!!

I’ll catch-up later tonight, stay strong fellow fasters!!!!!!!

Day 14: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    FD yesterday was great….until I came home from work, sad to say that hunger got the better of me!
    Day off today so spending it taking the dog to the vet to have her teeth descaled….she’s on a FD while we wait to go in (poor girl).
    @daffodil2010: Congratulations on your first day at a great new job…glad it went so well (even with the stress-symptoms)! You’re happy now, yay!! FD too, impressive.

Day 14, Guildford UK, FD

Fasting today. Body heat subsided during the night woke about 4 am feeling cold! But it’s ok. So I slept on and off since 7 pm Sunday to 10 am Tuesday. A long time, a very long time. Body must have needed it.

So it’s fun and tasty food for 500 cals.

——————————————

@debster251 feeling so much better today. New glasses are a big decision………. what kind would you look for?

@daffodil2010 that does sound like stress and an adrenalin response. I think it’s good because the body only lets go when the stress is finished, so it’s likely your body is just going ‘Thank goodness that’s over’. Take extra special care of you.

@lilymartin, glad you are enjoying the sunshine, there will always be sunshine on the August thread. What you refer to as diet I think of as a WOL. Eating rubbish and too much of it was my WOL, now this is my new WOL.

@dykask 55 WFD that’s loads and loads. I have scored 27 this year so far and the majority are 24 hr ones.

@michelinme I hope you are enjoying the extra time you get by WFD.

@merryapple please accept the congratulations you have worked so hard to get below that invisible barrier.

@shinything I think some of this may be just my body jumping the rubbish it has stored for years. I think it has to be done and frankly I would prefer sooner rather than be spreading this over many months. Big bang. I have worried about my lovely shinything and her health, both of us are in my daily votive. How are you and your health and major issues from last month low health?

@kaywesterman rooting for you to reach your goal this month.

@ccco I certainly think I burned fat with my high temps, it can’t be sugar as I haven’t had any.

@sarahbob well done on making it through the weekend, hope the little one is in peak health.

@flourbaby I am curious about MO deodorant and why you would need it on your feet?

@ciren2 hope your woofie has beautiful clean teeth tonight.

——————————-

Today Stevie Wonder is singing about the sunshine of his life

https://youtu.be/3wZ_b_uUAdQ

——————————

Today’s pocket list

@rainbowsmile

Mari

Day 14, Newcastle UK, NFD

Final calorie count around 1000 for yesterday, so not a proper FD but a good day nonetheless. Scales are a lot easier to look at this morning – proving @simcoeluv‘s ‘easy on easy off’ theory. Again. With an unusually quiet week in my diary, another lazy day, pottering around in the garden, will be easy to achieve with the aim of feeling up to dancing tomorrow evening.

Thanks for your get well thoughts @michelinme, @rainbowsmile & @at.
    Congratulations @beedoo on the compliments you received and the recruits you made – an extremely successful evening. Please share your lentil dahl recipe.
    Well done @missybear & @sarahbob on successful weekends avoiding ‘the baddies’.
    Congratulations @merryapple – great progress.
    I think your self diagnosis is probably spot on @daffodil2010 – you’ve been on a rollercoaster ride the last few weeks. It’ll take a little time to adjust to your new routine. Can’t wait to hear how many 5:2 recruits you manage over the coming weeks!
    @flourbaby – virtually my entire adult life has been a “Liver-pickling extravaganza!” I’m only here because my body is so well ‘preserved’ lol! But no more!!!

“And suddenly you just know it’s time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings.”

Day 14. Rome

Has anybody seen the video on YouTube about Jared Leto and how he put on ( and took off) a lot of weight for a film role? It’s fascinating. Fasting comes into it, obviously. But what he ate to put the weight on is interesting too, if not really a revelation. Ice cream is in there, as is pizza and pasta. What a surprise.
    Have a good day all. Thunderstorms predicted here, so maybe we can breathe for a bit. H

Day 14, UK, NFD

Yesterday was a successful FD, a really good one :). I feel better this morning but the scales are not budging 👿 . Never mind, they are not to be trusted all the time 😉

@daffodil2010 you not feeling well and the symptoms might point to stress, our bodies sometimes react to stress in an unexpected way. I hope you feel better 🤗. As for bird feeders … yes, mine is going strong, but its been more quiet during the heat wave, I think birds didn’t have an appetite and they were away moulting, because when “my” starlings came back they looked so funny with half of their new spotty feathers all over the place 😂
    I didn’t know that you have starlings nesting near you, omg, wow! I loooove them 💗, I know some people don’t like them (specially in USA) but I just love them, how beautiful they are, how social, how funny and clever… just everything about them. It made me so sad to hear about tree cutting where they were roosting 😢, I’ve never seen starlings murmurating but I so want to see that 😀 . I am planning to find out where they murmutate and make a trip (maybe a weekend away) to see that spectacle 😍
    Sorry everyone for going on and off topic, once I start about birds I could go on for ages, I’ll stop there now even though I could go on 😳

@rainbowsmile sorry if I maybe sounded like I’m preaching, that’s not my intention, was just worried about you, but yes, if it needed to be done it needed to be done 🙂 . As for me, I’m slowly getting back to normal but still not feeling 100% . I don’t even know what the problem is, I seem to be having problems retaining water from time to time, which is new to me 😕. I’ll monitor it and see if its something to have investigated or just something normal that my body is dealing with without me being aware of it , if you know what I mean 🙂 . Having said that, I have to admit to eating a lot of rubbish and sugar last month so it might be to do with that. Thanks for asking 🤗

@merryapple congrats on cracking that invisible barrier! Way to go 💃

@Strawberriesandcream glad you are feeling better 🤗

@emma Taylor I haven’t seen youtube video but I’ve heard about that, that he put on a lot of weight for a role, and later lost it. Will search for it and watch, thank you 😀

Have a great day everyone and stay the course 💪

Day 14 London UK NFD

Very quickly checking in as I’m in the office. On a NFD today and really looking forward to a yummy lunch…but what to have?! Sometimes there is too much choice on a NFD!

@strawberriesandcream thank you – I will share the recipe later/tomorrow!

Have a great day all!

PS editing to add that I weighed in this morning and I’m maintaining goal weight!

Day 14 North Canton OH Healthy eating day

Quick check in, will catch up on posts later.

Love and hugs all!!!

Day 14 – Amsterdam, FD.

HI all, any chance I can opt back into the monthly challenges?! I think my last post was sometime around first week of June – yikes.

It’s been a rollercoaster summer and I’ve been neglecting my health and happiness recently. Really keen to get back on the bandwagon. I fasted twice a couple of ago and have managed to get back to my June weight of 64.5kg (I’m 31 and 5ft5). Fasting today so will hope that this pushes me back in the right direction.

Good to see lots of new people since I left, an inspiring read as always!

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 883 total)

You must be logged in to reply.