August 2018- Monthly Challenge – Summer Sun

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
August 2018- Monthly Challenge – Summer Sun

This topic contains 880 replies, has 61 voices, and was last updated by  mishty 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 883 total)

• Day 10 USA (Utah visiting) NFD

Water aerobics this morning really kicks my butt… whew what a workout. But oh so good for me.

@rainbowsmile – yes, I am more active here, but I also find I do eat more carbs than I do at home. My new SIL besides being a family practice doctor, is also a great cook. Almost always we have salad, but I have to be careful not to overdo the white bread or pasta. Tonight we are going to a movie, so will have to save room for popcorn!

@foodfreedomgirl – are you saying you’ve had leg cramps? That and restlessness following a FD have been some of my issues. If your digestive tract can handle it (may lead to diarrhea) then I suggest adding magnesium to your supplement of vitamins or minerals. Magnesium Citrate has worked for me – got this from a website:
    MAGNESIUM CITRATE:
    Offers a high quality organic acid chelate form of magnesium bound to citric acid
    Draws water to the bowel to help soften stools
    Supports healthy bowel regularity
    Promotes energy production
    Helps ease muscle tension

That last item is what works to help prevent leg cramps for me. DRINK LOTS OF WATER too.

@missybear — what an eclectic wedding you will have with all that music, those readings, and wonderful outfits! Anxious to hear how it all goes together!

Onward and downward.

Day 10 UK CD

Dunno what happened to my earlier post which was long – mostly responding to posts. I’ll find my notes and say it all again tomorrow.

Yesterday’s FD morphed into good CD when I opened the peanut butter! Friday is my weigh day and i’m down 1lb on last week, back to the 145lbs of the week before, equal lowest in years. No change in measurements but feeling & looking different which usually means something;s happening even tho I’m not measuring it. With hindsight my first ever WFD Monday was much easier than yesterday’s FD – who knew?! Will try to do another WFD next Mon too.

Wishing you all a good weekend x

Second post

I am so so energised by the posts on the thread today.

I just am so enjoying being part of this community.

Much love

Longer post tomorrow

Mari

Please excuse me I am eating

Very very slowly

Mari

USA Day 10 FD

Rainbowsmile: Looks like you are coming off your water fast! Congratulations!

Day 10. NFD.

Has anybody else read Lost Connections by Johann Hari? OMG!!! It’s about uncovering the real causes of depression and what to do about it. It’s mindblowing. Not just for people who are depressed, but he explains all kinds of things which you feel aren’t right with the world, and what effect it has on everybody, and how to change things to have a happier and more fulfilling life. It is a fantastic read. Ok, I’ll shut up now. H

Day 11 Auckland

Good morning everyone! I have been MIA…
    We stayed with rural friends a couple of weekends ago. My friend’s OH had open heart surgery then a perioperative stroke about 6 mths ago. On the surface he appears really good cognitively but he’s got no drive and doesn’t do anything but imagines he is… So to give my friend a break I go up and do all the cooking and anything else. Then my wee Westie ate something and started vomiting at 5am in the morning. I had two sleepless nights with him before we returned to the city imagining the worst. Our vet put him on a low fat diet, antibiotics and antiinflammatories and said if he didn’t have a poo in 4 days come back. On the evening of day 4, Macintosh did a long thin soft poo with a hard vegetative lump in its midst… On top of this we have just finished putting together a publication and getting works together for Billy’s London show. Our house is nearly ready to move back into so I am about to start the big clean up…

This morning I was 80.2kg. I’m desperate to get below the 80kg mark!

Onward and downward!

Day 10 ( very late!) , UK, NFD

The weight showed 0.3kg less today 🙂 . It might not be much but its something for this tortoise 🐢 🙂

@beedoo so happy to hear that your little one slept through the night 😊Functioning on little sleep is no fun.

@daffodil2010 it made my weekend hearing about your good news and your new start on monday 😊 , and you made me laugh that you celebrated with the glass of wine after yoga 😂

@missybear your upcoming wedding makes me so excited, that is definitely not TMI! We want as much details as possible hehe 😀

@cornish-jane, my fellow tortoise club member, I beat you this week, I lost all 0.3kg ha! How about that! 😎

@jaifaim yay for being way down again weightwise 💃, we like hearing that 😀 . So was I, but being a member of tortoise club that means 0.3kd down 😂

@louiseo46 1,000 cals on 16:8 days? Maybe try and eat to your TDEE on those days? I’m just thinking it might help in feeling more full and getting more 16:8 days in, therefore better results? 🙂

@lilygorecki there is quite a few of us in this forum so its not unusual for someone to have a trouble keeping up with posts :), we all have that problem sometimes, which is a nice problem to have 😉

@ccco third day of water fasting! Wow nice 😀 . And its good that you feel fine doing it, thats always a good sign, our bodies tell us when they are ok and when they are not, its just that we don’t listen many times 🙂 . You go girl! 💃

@lorky35 “I have a 9week old French bulldog puppy. She’s the best; but I’m not sleeping.” – awww that lack of sleep is so adorable , if you know what I mean 😀

@jisika well done on the new low! Way to go 💃

@metatauta congrats on the major whoosh! yay! \o/ I’m jealous :), and what @annemarilyn said, if you saw that weight once, you will see it again 🙂

@ciren2 how odd! I was planning to have some salmon, salad and a few nuts for my next FD 🙂

@rainbowsmile we don’t mind you not posting because you are eating, you deserve it! Enjoy 🤗

@emma Taylor thank you for the rec of that book, downloaded and in queue to be read 🙂

@merryapple wow! so much going on! Glad to hear it all ended up well, and specially happy to hear you will be moving back into your house. That will be such a fantastic feeling! Something to look forward to and very soon 🙂

Have a great weekend everyone 🤗

Day 11 – Japan = NFD 77.7kg

This morning I’m breaking my fast with some blueberries and I’m actually tasting them. It is like I’m remembering the taste from when I was a kid. A year ago I would’ve bypassed blueberries, now I can enjoy them. Fasting is changing my tastes.

Good luck to the Day 10 pocket list! Fast are done or almost done!

@dykask
    @beedoo
    @ccco
    @basyjames

Day 11 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Bought myself some smart clothes yesterday for my imminent return to the office workplace.

My previous company were surprised to receive my resignation, told me they felt it was a heat of the moment decision, and asked me to come in and attend a grievance meeting next Friday – 3 weeks after I made a formal complaint about the boss! Three weeks to get back to me! Ridiculous 🙄 I told them I was not retracting my resignation, I had given a lot of thought to the working conditions, the management of the glasshouse, and the tasks I had to do, and that my future was no longer with them.

Yes it’s a pity the boss won’t get his come uppance, but he is no longer my problem.

Thank you one and all for your support. @diana123 I love your quote about sometimes a storm is not to disrupt our lives but to clear a path. How true

Had a takeaway last night. Feel bloated. Going out with my sisters and sister in laws tonight for tapas and drinks….looking forward to that.

@debster251 for the Valencia GP we have to fly to and from Madrid as there are no direct flights in November…off season apparently. We hire a car and drive 3.5 hours to get to Valencia. It’s a great drive through Spanish countryside but yeah, flight are a nightmare. We are only staying from Thursday to Monday, so getting to attend all 3 days of the GP.

Day 11 Belfast NFD
    I got a shock this morning. Stepped on the scales and they’re 5lbs up!!!!!????? Must be food in transit. Deep breath and carry on.

Ha, great reminder; it’s not my anniversary indeed! @flourbaby! Went to the pub for two drinks at tea time. My friend’s G & T was sitting there with pink grapefruit winking at me! I felt you tugging and whispering in my ear and guess what … I did not imbibe!
    @louiseo46 I read somewhere that a messy spare room should be called the sluttery – well I had one of those! It’s looking better now. We’re off to Rosses point for three days then on to Westport. We will finish up in Belcoo but mightn’t have time for Cuilcagh mountain walk. We’ll have to see. Hopefully the weather will hold. Thank you for your recommendations. I’ve been to Glencar but will check out the beach.
    @beedoo – yes, a bike does make a good clothes horse, but it’s sitting in the middle of the room in pride of place just ready to go!
    @metatauta – congratulations on your whoosh!
    @foodfreedomgirl – my friend has restless legs and also swears by magnesium and if they’re bad, her doc prescribed quinine.
    @merryapple – a London show? That sounds exciting. Does that you mean you’ll be coming over? Glad your little Westie is better.

Definitely a CD today before tonight’s party.

Have a good day everyone.
    Remember:
    If you don’t change your mind you won’t change your body.

Day 11 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Thanks for your lovely responses to our wedding plans, everything is organised now, just hoping for ☀️

@emmataylor Lost Connections sounds interesting, I will seek it out.

@merryapple seems you’ve had a stressful few days! Glad your puppy is better and hope all goes well moving into your home.

@debster251 I so admire your willpower, I am ashamed to admit to a glass of red last night…..just one! My excuse (???) the restaurant we booked for dinner the day after our wedding for our witnesses Emerald (55 years) wedding anniversary has had a food hygiene inspection and scored 1 out of 5 meaning major improvement required so we needed to check out an alternative venue and I thought it sensible to sample the wine. I know, any excuse and I’m sipping the red, so sorry August Abstainers…….I have no wine in the house and don’t plan to visit a bar again this weekend so promise to be good!!!!

@rainbowsmile enjoy the refeeding, hope you feel wonderful after your amazing fast.

Happy weekend all 😎

Day 11, London, UK, NFD,

@beedoo you’re very welcome, I’m trying my best to recruit people to the “I hate Jillian …………….. No, I love Jillian as long as she lets me stick with Anita!!!” club, I really think once it becomes routine, you can’t help but pat yourself on the back simply for still being alive!!!!! I can’t wait for the day I can do the entire 30 days firstly with ease, secondly, with Natalie, then thirdly talking throughout like Jillian!!!!! LMAO when you said you stick your fingers in your ears when @penz & I discuss shhhh – ‘peanut butter’ – you might have more success if you close your eyes ………………………………… unless you’re reading with your ears!!!!! LOL!!!!!

@michelinme, what can I say ……………………the curse of the peanut butter strikes again!!!!!!

@ciren2, congratulations, a successful FD, pat yourself on the back, remember that feeling of achievement & hang on for dear life to that mojo!!!!

Congratulations @debster251, pat on the back time, I’m proud of you!!! For the first couple of weeks of a ‘DRY’ challenge, I avoid social situations until my halo is good & polished & shining brightly ……………….. willpower is not my forte, but habit is!!!!! I’m looking forward to relaxing with a good book & bottle of tonic water this afternoon …………………… amongst the mess in my sluttery!!!!!!!

Don’t panic @missybear!!!! We’re not kicking you out of the Abstinence-August club …………. one glass does not a bottle (or 2) make!!!! NOBODY would expect you to check out a potential wedding dinner venue without trying the vino!! The next 12 days booze free should set you up for a fab wedding day!!!!

Although below TDEE yesterday, I threw away a few hundred calories on crisps & chocolate ………………… I much prefer yoghurt, fruit and nuts, I’m not sure why I did it!!! Anyway, I spent some time last night scheduling my meals for this ADF week, including healthy snack ………………… with an allowance for crisps too!!!

Onward & Downwards folks!!!!!!

Day 11 UK CD

This morning feeling strangely thinner after an unplanned 20:4 ended with a lot of toast. My late tea/early supper was a big plate red rice salad made with 50g rice and piles of peas, cucumber, tomatoes, beets, eggs & cheese. Later on i finished up the rice to make a pudding with cacao, banana, almond milk & raisins, topped with the last of the strawberries – yum. Sadly later followed by a toast & peanut butter fest.

But slicing & freezing bread has cut the size down – literally & metaphorically! And hopefully meant it’s been better absorbed by my guts – certainly I’ve got less bloating – while eating 20:4 seems to have boosted my energy. Helped too by a good soak with epsom salts, lavender and rosemary, and remembering to apply magnesium oil.

@foodfreedomgirl I have restless legs, tics and spasms and have found them massively improved by using magnesium oil, as discussed in the monthly challenge previously. I’m sleeping better than I have for 20 years and few spasms, less pain & anxiety and more energy. MO’s applied externally at bedtime to soles of feet or legs (depending on your sensitivity) so no problems with digestion. You can buy it at health food stores or make your own much more cheaply – magnesium chloride plus water – details here or just google it 🙂 https://empoweredsustenance.com/magnesium-oil-uses/

@daffodil2010 congratulations on your new job! And all the thinking, learning and growing that’s enriching your life this summer x
    @missybear loving the sound of your wedding – and your witnesses 🙂
    cornish-jane congrats on the amazing longevity of your steady loss – and on your 6:2! I need an 8 day week too please 😀
    @flourbaby @penz don’t mention the peanut butter! It hadn’t been in my house for weeks until you talked about it and then suddenly it was back in the cupboard. But quite possibly a better go to than sugar or crisps, so it may yet earn its place 🙂
    @beedoo i’m with you on the carbs/belly thing 🙁 Tho interested to learn I’m not puffing up as much with frozen/defrosted carbs
    @rainbowsmile think you may have lost a post yesterday too – missed your daily diary and shared wisdom. My teeny clothes fest was just 4 vest tops and a cropped square tee – not v cropped, just on the hip, but fancy WANTING to wear a cropped t-shirt! I was browsing in Uniqlo for the first time in years – simple but really comfortable clothes made from lovely fabrics, including some without any seams. All my favourite colours were there, which was miraculous. I can see myself getting a wardrobe of basics and turning it into an easy-wear weekday uniform – bliss https://www.uniqlo.com

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend, whatever shape it takes xx

Day 11 (already!), Guildford UK, NFD

Sitting here in the sun at David Lloyd after struggling with a body pump class. I have a plate of smoked salmon and avocado in front of me for lunch with an undressed side salad and am struggling to eat it all.

@dykask I understand your comment about sweetness though.

Seems to also apply to fishy taste too.

———————————

@ccco I think for a while I will stick to 24hr WFD, I always find day 2 the hardest, it is easier after day 4.

So what did I learn?

1. To watch my blood sugar and be very careful and use a monitor, in case sugar drops too low (below 4.00)

2. Not to go too far with using cardio to burn off glycogen as it drives blood sugar too low.

3. That there is always some blood sugar in the blood. If glycogen is gone where is it coming from ? Protein? I feel my inner nerd calling.

4. Fat loss is just under half a pound for each whole day non fasting, the rest is all other stuff, water, glycogen and poo. My body fat percentage of total mass is actually up whilst the quantum of fat mass is down. That’s because today I am 11 lbs down on day one but have lost 4.3 lbs of fat. So the % of body mass which is fat is up. When the 6 lbs of other stuff goes back on I will be just a smidge inside 25%. NORMAL!

5. It’s hard to exercise after day 5. And no HIIT.

6. Had no issue with POO.

7. I smell very bad some days, suggestion to hide at home and plan for that. My ears go into overdrive making wax and my nose runs.

8. Ice packs helped on the tummy.

9. Tummy rumbles can be very loud in dead. VERY LOUD.

10. No acid reflux this time, bone broth is a life saver.

11. I poo every day although some days it’s weird.

12. MCT oil has its uses in assuaging hunger. It really works.

13. Treats are tempting so so tempting. Must not have them in the house or at work. They don’t usually bother me at all.

14. Coffee without milk is horrible so I switched to Pau D’arco tea.

15. It helps to post here and have medical booked to spur you over the bad spells.

16. Previously I learned not to go over two weekends as they are the toughest……

17. Starting at 7pm is a winner for me.

—————————————

@emma Taylor I haven’t read that book will add it to my longish list of books to read.

@merryapple my head is spinning with all that has happened in the last few days in your life. Stay strong. I am glad wee westie managed his poo, he must have been miserable. Hope your friends OH recovers quickly too. The stress you have had may mean Cortisol is up so I am sure when things calm down that .2 will vanish. Looking forward to hearing you broke the 80kg sometime this month.

@shinything where would I be without you? Could give you a big hug right now.

@daffodil2010 am skipping up and down with delight for you.

@missybear I have such lovely vision of your wedding in my mind. You included one of my favourite songs of all time, such superb taste. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous…….

@debster251 am still abstaining but so tempted to a glass of gin and tonic. Am I allowed the non alcohol type of gin?

@flourbaby I bought the Gillian DVD from Amazon did a few sessions on it and now it’s gathering dust. Out with the duster and I will give it a go. Perhaps, possibly, I do love my body pump. #peanutbutteravoidersclub# will join.

Off to dance West Coast Swing for the rest of the day.

——————————–

Today’s sunshine is from John Denver

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4Zx27dP1mTg#searching

Be happy to this gentle gentle song and be kind to yourself.

————————————–

Today’s pocket list day 11

@dykask

Mari

Day 11, NFD, US

Noooooooooooooo! My OH does the grocery shopping (aren’t I lucky!) but yesterday he noticed the peanut butter jar was almost empty and so thoughtfully bought a new jar!! Arrgghhh!!! But I figure I am quite capable of resisting opening a fresh packet of chocolate biscuits, a new tub of icecream or a full jar of peanut butter*. My problem is once these tempting containers have been opened, I then can’t stop. So I am going to treat the fresh unopened jar as a challenge. So there.

* The last time I shall type those wicked little words. Promise.

Day 11 – USA – NFD

@merryapple, welcome back and I’m glad all is well with your little Westie now; was his illness ever officially diagnosed? My first thought was that he may have eaten something while at your friend’s. How nice of you to cook for them and care for them! @michelinme, glad you are feeling better and thanks for the MO article; I just ordered the flakes and a dark glass spray bottle to keep it handy near my bed; will report on the results, as I get leg cramps so easily at night.

Just for fun, I decided to give Cruella a go this morning and see how much she is going to taunt me with a weight gain from my new low….oh my goodness! 149.8! Haven’t seen the 140s in at least 14 years! Not complaining, just extremely surprised after a night with a gf of pizza and beer!

Day 11 USA (Utah visiting) NFD

Going to do my best to make today a CD. Daughter plans to make a nice recipe of White Chicken Chile today. She is happy to have me here to help settle the “new” house for her and her girls. They share custody with her ex husband, so the girls willl be here only 1/2 time.

Onward and downward.

USA Day 11 FD

Thank you, ShinyThing! I didn’t think I could do three days! I thought to end it last night but I seem to have had a problem in the refreeding! I must have eaten too much too soon and I ended up throwing up all my food in the middle of the night!! 🙁 Today I am afraid to eat, so I decided to return to another FD and try some soup the next time! Have a great day, everyone!

Day 11: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    Well I feel pretty pleased with myself. One whole week which included two FDs! TWO!! Ok, one was a bit weak but I still counted it because it was 24 hours, after all. The second one was great, because I actually didn’t cave in before bedtime. The weight I lost has stayed lost so far, after an eating day too. Amazing!
    @flourbaby Thanks, I’m not counting my chickens, but hopeful..
    Next FD will be MONDAY.
    @rainbowsmile: You DID IT….brilliant, just brilliant. Just be careful about not eating too much too soon.
    Enjoy your day.

Day 11, Rocky Mountains, US, MFD

Much needed reset button. Planning on MFDs until next Saturday when the next party is happening. 😜😅😊

Off walking the dog, then to Trader Joe’s, followed by hiking in the foothills.

Have a good Saturday everyone! 😊🦋🐞

USA Day 11 FD

It’s only a regular FD, since eating after my water fast seems to be a problem! Finally, I ate some soup and some eggs scrambled in olive oil. While I still don’t feel well and am a little dizzy, I don’t feel as sick as I did last night! Ugh! I didn’t think resuming eating would be so hard!

@ccco: It is, apparently. You have to re-feed very slowly and carefully, good luck.

Day 11 – Florida

NFD today. I weighed in today, instead of my usual Sunday. I hope that’s not considered cheating.:) I was able to lose a pound but afterward tonight, who knows. 🙂 We are going to a cookout tonight, so I already know there will be lots of goodies to sample. Although, I did make my coleslaw from a Hungry Girl recipe and it is yummy. In a few weeks, we will be off on a cruise so I’m going try to keep a check on what I choose to eat but also enjoy our trip.

Have a great weekend.

Day 11 London UK FD

@rainbowsmile congratulations on reaching the end of your 10 Day water fast. What a feat of endurance! I hope you are enjoying feeding again, it must seem strange after so many days without?

@merryapple how is Macintosh doing now? Such a worry having a sick little one, whether pet or child.

@shinything after the turn in the weather, my wonderful child who sleeps through the night is back! The heatwave can stay away as far as I’m concerned. I value my sleep and sanity over it any day!

@daffodil2010 I hope you enjoyed shopping for new clothes. I keep trying on things in my wardrobe and love how everything fits differently. I truly love this WOL, to say that it has done wonders for my post-baby self image/confidence is an understatement. I’m not naturally confident and far too self conscious (one of the reasons I can’t do gym/classes) but I quietly love how I feel right now. I feel strong!

I’m so mad at your old company for not acting on your complaint. There are many positives – to name just a few: that you did the right thing for you, you are moving on to better things with your life (hooray!), and hopefully the next time your old manager acts like the shit he is, his next target might think twice about keeping quiet and make another complaint against him.

I hope you are enjoying your tapas and drinks!

@debster251 wow, I’m in awe. I’ve definitely cut back on being a booze hound but I don’t think I could enter a pub and not have a “drink” drink. I would love to though. Great work!

@metatauta congrats on reaching a new milestone with the 140’s! Such a great feeling!

@flourbaby I have to stop listening to Jillian after the first couple of days of a level otherwise she makes me want to “phone it in” as she says!! Also drives me mad when she says “a couple more” and then proceeds to do another 10! It’s definitely a love hate relationship. I now put my earphones in and listen to Desert Island Discs archive podcasts while working out. They’re the perfect length!

As for peanut butter, I’ve only got the “healthy” style ones at home and am not tempted by them at all! However I did have to pop into the office today….Ended up staying for a bit and went looking in the cupboard for herbal tea…what did I come across? Yep, good old school Sunpat crunchy peanut butter. I do not know how I didn’t scoop out a handful there and then, but I managed to close the cupboard door and walk away. Phew!

BUT while I was there I had 5 brazil nuts. Just added them to My Fitness Pal and got such a shock! ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY FIVE CALORIES?! (Yes I did just shout that). They were delicious but so not worth over a quarter of my FD allowance! Tweaked supper accordingly and made a tuna and whole grain salad with lots of tomato, coriander, chilli, red onion and lemon juice. Also broke up a couple of sweet potato falafel and mixed them in. Delicious!

Weighed in this morning after yesterday’s FD and was delighted to see return to goal weight after having three days (Tuesday-Thursday) off. Planning a jolly NFD tomorrow and feel comfortable after today’s strong FD.

@michelinme I’d never heard that about freezing bread reducing carbiness (just invented a new word I think). Great to know! Going to put half a couple of slices of soda bread in the freezer tonight!

Better sign off as battery about to die! Hope everyone is well. Together we are stronger (despite all the peanut butter chat!!)

Day 11 second post

@beedoo freezing making carbs less carbacious – or changing the nature of the starch and how it’s digested – was on the BBC doc “the truth about carbs”. Sadly no longer available on iplayer but salient facts below 🙂

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/4DfZMpv7BYJ3kGXdHxdxkKp/10-things-you-may-not-know-about-carbs

Day 12 – Japan – NFD 81.1kg

@beedoo – Nuts are one of the reasons why my calorie intake per week is higher now than when I was using calorie restriction even though I’m now fasting two full days a week. Before I was fasting I had a period where I cut out as much sugar as I could and basically replace deserts with things like nuts and cheese. Two main things happened, first my hunger went why down and second my belly fat started disappearing. Form a calorie viewpoint it doesn’t make sense, just the way it worked out for me. Many others also find that the calories in nuts just don’t seem to add up. Some youtube talks about it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUmFfHNyj7s&list=PL5TLzNi5fYd9GAyFQKU1OLz7CW_IZZ5Ww

All that being said, I don’t eat any nuts or any food on a fast day! 🙂

Second post

@michelinme yes it does seem I lost a post. I am absolutely sure I posted it. I am very careful to post three times a day. So I am quite cross. One post disappeared and I reposted.

@ccco refeeding is hard, please go LCHF for two days. Carbs can do odd things, I avoid eggs as they run through me. Avocados are great as is fish. Try Kefir with MCT oil and fermented foods will get your gut biomes awesome. Stay away from anything with grains. If it’s tough add almonds or macadamia nuts (Not Brazil nuts they have a bitter in them).

And don’t forget to chew food well. The sickness is because of stomach acid and digestive enzymes being out of kilter, so you eat small quantities of nutritionally dense foods. I should have warned you about eggs.

My very first carb meal will be potatoes and onions with cabbage and spinach fried in coconut oil. Potatoes are high satiety value. Please no no no sugar or processed foods. Bone broth is fantastic.

My next few days after carb load day will be protein days and muscle build with HIIT.

Well done on 3 WFD, what did you learn for next time?

@Metatuada it is often that the body will drop weight after a big eating phase. The thinking is that osmosis pulls water to the lymphatic system because of the higher carbs. Leading to a woosh effect as the kidneys eliminate.

@ciren2 yes I did! But it might not have happened if I hadn’t been hosting and all of you encouraging me. @dykask 90 days of WFD is out of reach to me that’s 7 to 8 days per month.

@kaywesterman would love to have your coleslaw recipes.

@beedoo it may seem odd to eat, but I do prep going in to a WFD and out of it. So that way it’s a system. I think about chocolate that I will eat after refeeding.

Planned feasting is wonderful.

Mari

USA Day 11 FD

Thank you for the advice, rainbowsmile! I am amazed how easy those three days turned out to be without food but shocked how hard it is to get out of it! I started to feel dizzy and a little sick mid day but now I seem to be feeling better but am being really careful with the food! I did have some eggs! I almost didn’t eat anything because food was scaring me! LOL I could easily have continued. I wasn’t even hungry to my surprise!

2nd post – It is amazing how different we can be. @ccco I never had issues with refeeding other than maybe some too quick bowel movements. Even after fasting for 7 days I was pretty much able to resume eating as normal. On the other hand things like ice cream which I love tends to plump me up much faster than other people. 🙁

Day 12, Guildford UK, NFD

I find WFD easier than FD @ccco. I have refeeding issues and struggle with day 2 and 3, after that WFD doesn’t seem to bother me until day 7 onwards. I think my ideal length of fasting is 5 to 7 days or single days. I get acid reflux badly, used to get headaches but now no longer do as I am relatively low carb. But WFD is easy for me to do compared to ADF and the temptations are less.

As @dykask says we are all different.

I use Himalayan salt crystals, some folk dissolve it under their tongue but I can’t do that. It has to be dissolved. I also take small packets of salt (from Costco) and brush my teeth with salt.

The odd thing is how well I sleep and how active I can be. My energy rush is extraordinary, in the past when I haven’t eaten then I would want to sleep after lost meals but now I am fat adapted i don’t even think about it. Wacky.

——————————

@songbirdme have a great time with your daughter and grandchildren.

Today’s sunshine is a meditation

https://youtu.be/GyFdu3iiXdc

This is an English therapist specialising in the power of light for health.

I hope everyone enjoys a Sunday journey to peace.

—————————-

Pocket list for Sunday

@dykask

Mari

Day 12, Newcastle UK, FD

I’ll keep this short and sweet. Had a whirlwind week with friend visiting from Hertfordshire. This involved lots of dancing and lots of cake. Then a meal out last night with friends and back to their house for puds – and of course I had both the extremely rich chocolate mousse and the pear frangipani with ginger cream. This morning the scales quite rightly show an increase of just under 5lbs since the beginning of August. Hence day one of a B2B FD with 2 more FDs on Wednesday and Friday. I’ve managed to skim read your posts throughout the week and glad to see that Macintosh is ok after a worrying ordeal. I’m also into day 4 of a cold but the Actifed recommended by the local pharmacist has worked really well.

Pocket list for Sunday

@dykask
    @Strawberriesandcream

Onwards & downwards.

Day 12 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

@strawberriesandcream summer colds are horrible, hope you get well soon.

Having a quiet healthy eating day to put me in a good place for tomorrow’s FD.

Enjoy Sunday everyone 😎

Day 12, London, UK, FD

So, I’m starting my ADF week today with a FD, there will be such a large deficit this week that I’ll allow FDs to creep up to 800cals if necessary, I think combining ADF with OMAD will be the best plan for me.

@rainbowsmile, how’s the re-feeding going? I’m in awe of your 10 days, I did a 2 week juice fast once (?) and the biggest problem I had afterwards was burning my mouth and biting my tongue!! How easily we forget!!!

@beedoo, the healthy PB with sustainable palm oil, salt & peanuts is my nemesis, I avoid the other stuff like the plague!!! I have just 1 single solitary Brazil nut per day, just for the selenium, now cashew nuts ……………………… that’s a whole different thing altogether!!!!

Feel better soon @strawberriesandcream……………………. I would suggest a hot toddy, but ……………………… you know!!!!

Keep the faith people and remember ………………………

“Whatever the problem is, the answer is not in the fridge”

or the bottle for that matter!!!!

Day 12 – UK – FD
    Day 10-11 – NFD

Impossible to catch up and comment on all the posts as I last caught up on Day 6 so will skim through and try to bring myself up to date on what has been happening on the forum.

A wet morning here in Cumbria so caught up with a bit of housework and had a lovely long telephone call with my sister in Melbourne 👩‍❤️‍👩

Only managed one FD last week with a couple of indulgent days and August Abstinence Club 👿 I have to own up that I did indulge in some 🥂 and🍷 so stepped on the scales very quickly this morning and was relieved to find myself just below the top of my maintenance range – must not let it get above that hence feeling the need to press my RESET button – so hoping to have a good FD today! And I will get back into abstinence mode until the end of the month – I CAN DO THIS

@daffodil2010 – great to read your news – will be thinking of you tomorrow morning when you start your new job 🤗 sounds like you liked the place as soon as you stepped in the building – that is a good omen. I do hope your old workplace follows through with your ex boss – it’s what any good employer should do!
    @missybear – loving the sound of your wedding and your dress sounds fabulous – I don’t think that it is selfish to want the occasion to be just for you two 💑 getting married is a very personal thing and you should do what you want and what gives you joy! I have no doubt that you will have a wonderful day.
    @debster251 – I so agree that “the anticipation is often much more delightful than the real thing” but why oh why do we keep forgetting that when faced with our food/drink nemesis……..
    @basyjames – you are so kind – BTW I’m loving your daily dose of Summer sun ☀️
    @rainbowsmile – congratulations on your successful 10 day water fast – simply awesome work – Thank you for sharing what you learnt with us x
    @merryapple – lovely to hear from you – goodness me you have been having a bit of a time – however great to read that Macintosh is OK and you must be so looking forward to moving back into your house – 10months out of it is such a long time……..when will you be in London – not long to go now for your OH show…..
    @ciren2 – great job last week with 2 successful FDs

Great job by those who are seeing new lows and to those struggling we have nearly 3 weeks of this awesome Summer Sun August Challenge to make a difference – Remember that TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER!

Today’s Pocket List – Please copy and paste and add yourself if you are joining us
    @dykask
    @strawberriesandcream
    @flourbaby
    @at

I thought I would share something a previous challenge member use to say:- “I am striving for “PROGRESS, NOT PERFECTION.” And before eating, I ask myself, “WILL THIS GET ME CLOSER TO MY GOALS?”

Day 12: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD Rainy day here.
    @at, like you I’m having trouble doing more than skimming the posts. Trying to keep up with everybody is hard. Sorry!
    @ccco: hope you’re getting better now with the re-feeding. Plenty of good advice from @rainbowsmile…what a great host!
    Tomorrow is my third FD.

Day 11 – Ireland – NFD
    Day 12 – Ireland – NFD

Raining here but got out early for a good cycle this morning 80km+. Thought I might fast today but it’s difficult to have any willpower when you stop at cafes along the way and there are lovely treats to be had and hills to climb…so will apply myself tomorrow.
    Hope you all have a lovely Sunday!
    Onward and downward…

Day 12 UK NFD

No peanut butter yesterday as I hadn’t baked a fresh loaf – yay. But my undoing was v late film snack of oats, apple & almonds with almond milk. Woke up 2kg heavier and hungry! Early lunch with main meal, hope that might change up my evening carb craving/snack dragon. Monday is a FD, always easier after a lower carb day.

Felt wiped yesterday and was unexpectedly breathless on v little effort. Stayed home to rest up & have lazy day, plan to get back into a better evening/bedtime routine. Definitely feeling like a hermit today but not very centred yet! Feeling better than i was this time last week but a way to go yet.

Happy Sunday all x

Day 12 USA (Utah visiting) NFD

Had a good CD yesterday. I count calories with My Fitness Pal and came in right about 1200. My TDEE is charted at 1780, so happy with that. Daughter’s white chicken chile has more carbs in it than I usually use (rice, corn & white beans) but still enjoyed it.

@rainbowsmile — you’re doing such a great job at leading us and being our cheerleader!

Great Sunday, everyone. Onward and downward.

Day 12 – Florida

NFD today. Cooking for the week. Trying to use up all the fresh veggies before we leave on our trip. Roast, fresh green beans, and asparagus. The cookout was fun and only took small spoonfuls of different salads but did eat a chocolate cake. My coleslaw was good and everyone must have thought so too as I only have a little left over. 🙂

@rainbowsmile here’s the link for it. http://www.hungry-girl.com/weekly-recipes/cran-apple-slaw

Have a great day.

Day 12, Savona, Italy, nfd

Rainbowsmile thanks. I’m having a fab time with my OH and son. At the moment my OH and I are at the sorts bar drinking cocktails and beer while watching football. Manchester United won a couple of days ago which made my OH very happy. He sides with them.

I’m feasting continually but yesterday and this morning I didn’t have any breakfast but had a cappuccino only. I’m feasting and eating sweets too. However I’m walking whenever we go on excursions. We have two more ports to go namely Naples and Messina. Then on Wednesday we are back in Malta.

I didn’t read your posts but I hope everyone keeps on keeping on.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Day 12 -Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Had such a fun night out with my two sisters and my two sisters in law…..we had wonderful tapas, great conversations, big belly laughs…a great tonic for the soul. I stayed over so am later than usual signing in today.

I have lots to do and I want everything prepared for my imminent return to the workforce tomorrow. I am so looking forward to this new start. My brother is in Finance and knows this company well so told me I made the right move. I have 4 weeks of contract work, then I am off for my 3 week holiday, and who knows after that?

@beedoo and @at My DH told me that the company would still have to go through the grievance process with this manager anyway, because if I decided to go legal with it and they had been seen not to have done anything, then it’s not good for them at all.
    Anyhow, he is still there, he might have got a rap on the knuckles, who knows, but he is no longer my issue. I is moving on outta there ☺️

@emmataylor I have ordered that book on Amazon so should have receipt soon. Thanks for the recommendation, it might help me get through my recent upheaval

@missybear your wedding plans are beautiful. Have a wonderful build up and a wonderful day.

@michelinme yes, it’s certainly been some summer for discovering things about myself. Thanks for the good wishes.

Right, off to do my chores. Monday is normally an FD so I will still plan that, but maybe wriggle room in case something comes up in the new job..I dunno what, but this WOL is great for stuff like this

Day 12 Belfast NFD

So your pats on the back @beedoo, @missybear, @flourbaby, @rainbowsmile, were a little premature. I went out last night with great expectations, but when it came to toasting my friend and her husband for their 40 years of marriage she told me she’d be disappointed that I didn’t toast her with the champagne she’d brought. What can a gal do? That of course led to 2 G&Ts. I’m a bit disappointed in myself, but there you go. Back on that wagon today.
    @metatauta – well done on those 140s!

I’m off for a few days tomorrow, so will probably be absent, depending on WiFi. My goal is to stay strong, booze free and watching that sugar dragon.

Stay strong everyone. You didn’t come this far to only come this far.

Day 12, Rocky Mountains, US, FD 800 cals

Yesterday’s FD 800 cals did not happen because the leftovers from the pizza party had to be eaten. Party food is gone now and so I will start with my FDs 800 cals today through Friday. That is the plan!

@merryapple: so glad your pup is ok! 🐕❤

Today’s Pocket List – Please copy and paste and add yourself if you are joining us
    @dykask
    @strawberriesandcream
    @flourbaby
    @at
    @redrockgirl302

Have a good Sunday everyone!😊🥀🌻

Day 12 – USA – NFD

@daffodil2010: Good luck in your new job tomorrow…it sounds just right for you. Go for it girl!

Second post

@redrockgirl302, those leftovers have often been my downfall…..

@debster251 it’s the G&Ts that are extra! The Champagne well that’s not a sin but……

@daffodil2010 you are out a there! Absolutely go go go. Wishing you every joy for tomorrow morning.

@anna6 enjoy your sojourn.

@kaywesterman I am going to try the cowgirl slaw, the one with beans.

@songbirdme I am glad you think my leadership is ok as I worried about it a lot before saying I would volunteer.

@jaifaim 80km (whistles with awe….wow) is this a regular cycle ride?

@at you are right we still have a great deal of August which can help us to our goals. Lots and lots of opportunity to reduce and get fit.

@flourbaby today I had my high carb day. Carb full on. From tomorrow I start bulking for weight training. I did bite the inside of my cheek…..

@strawberriesandcream dancing and cake? Joy

@dykask my theory is that our gut biomes also feed on our food. With nuts and cheese I think they eat the fats and it gets there by the fibre in the nuts and calcium in the cheese. Releasing the fat soluble nutrients. With simple carbs they don’t have the opportunity to get to the gut biomes so we consume them all. It’s just a theory though.our gut biomes must eat something of our food.

@michelinme finally got round to browsing the uniglo catalogue and I would love to try the trousers. They look lovely. Couldn’t wear a cropped top not over HP moustache tummy.

Thank you all for the congratulations on completing the WFD, couldn’t have continued without you.

Have a wonderful rest of the weekend.

Mari

Day 13 FD Auckland

Today’s scales say 80.3kg and it’s a FD. This has to be the week I break into the 79s!
    We had a lovely Sunday. The winter sun was shining so we took a ferry across the harbour and had a delicious honeycomb ice cream. Macintosh made every one laugh because he has his head out through the porthole where the the rope/sheets go through for most of the trip!

Mac says a big thank you for all the kind messages from everyone (Shinything, Daffodil, Rainbowsmile, Metatauta, At, Beedoo, Strawberriesandcream, Redrockgirl). He wants to remind everyone he is a starving Westie and is on a see food and eat it diet. He is a lean mean racing machine at about 400g lighter than he was. We’ll try and keep his weight around this point because he is 10 1/2 years.

Love this @FlourbabyThe answer is not in the fridge…
    Have great first day @daffodil in your new job.
    @at and @debster251 We are coming to London late September although the exhibition opens on the 12 th. We’ll be there for all the Frieze activity and hopefully get up to Scotland to see family. I would like to come home via Nthern California to see my Berkeley and Oakland friends. Fingers crossed!

Here’s a start to today’s pocket list
    @merryapple
    @at
    @daffodil

Day 13 – Japan – FD 79.7kg

Somehow I must have given the impression I was fasting on Sunday. Today is actually my fast day and this is water fast #55 in 2018.

Day 13 pocket list:
    @merryapple
    @at
    @daffodil
    @dykask

Day 13 country West Australia FD
    all previous days have morphed into NFDs – some much better than others!
    Finally the 2 chefs who came to stay for 5 days have gone back to their own kitchens and I am no longer tempted by French chicken, roast pork with perfect crackling, glorious home made pastries and desserts to die for ( which I well might if I do not now lose some of the kilos which leapt from the table to my enlarging waist line!! My fault entirely – no will power, or in this case no ‘ won’t power’. )
    Back on the wagon and feeling good.
    Interestingly I watched a programme about an Australian actor, Craig Anderson, called My Miso Diet.
    Seriously overweight, he accepted the challenge from one of his friends to go to Japan for a month and eat as the Japanese do and then to follow up by eating the Japanese way back in OZ for 8 weeks.
    By doing this he lost 24 kgs in the 12 weeks and all his health markers ( measured pre and post ) were either back to normal or much improved.
    I thought of @dykask whilst watching.
    The Japanese diet certainly looks cleaner and greener than our western way of eating.
    Off to earn a dollar.
    Happy day all.😁

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 883 total)

You must be logged in to reply.