The Maintenance Chatbox… come and share your success with us!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight maintenance
The Maintenance Chatbox… come and share your success with us!

This topic contains 11,627 replies, has 174 voices, and was last updated by  hermajtomomi 6 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 10,901 through 10,950 (of 11,673 total)

• Amen to that. In New Hampshire, the “Live Free or Die” State, there are recurring debates about allowing guns in public spaces. Several years ago a ‘nutter’ walked into a town hall and killed 5 employees. So rules were put in place to ban guns in town halls. Of course they are banned in schools, but elections are often held in schools — while they are in session — and there are no rules saying you can’t take your gun to go vote. Every time the Republicans get control of the State House, they vote that it is OK to take your guns inside. Now that the Democrats have control, they have banned guns in the House. Hunting is big here, but no one needs a semi-automatic/automatic/bump stock to hunt deer! Those should be ground up into little bits.

We are Fasting today. For breakfast we enjoyed eggs baked with chicken cooked with Haitian spices all ground up], served with a side of melon and pineapple. For dinner we’ll have an old favorite, Rumbledeethumps [aka: Colcannon] which I have gotten down to the right calories for a Fast by combining the mashed potato with mashed cauliflower.

Carolann, sorry to hear about your dad. Both my parents died with dementia, so I know what you are going through. It is distressing.

It was appalling that the USA didn’t do anything about guns after a Sandy Hook. Obama was stymied at every move. How many more children, or innocent adults have to die. The U.K. acted promptly after Dunblane and our gun laws are tougher anyway.

We’ve just settled into the airport hotel before our flight to see the gorgeous boys tomorrow. Some careful choices of dinners will be needed.

Have a good trip Poll

Have a lovely holiday Polly! I’ve been getting audio messages from my little Canadian granddaughter – melts my heart 💜 From the time of the calls I suspect her mum is using them as a ‘before bed’ routine – I don’t care! 😄

Yes, compared to US we are a gun free society. Most of the time when OS I don’t even think about guns, even though Canada has the same laws re being able to carry guns. However, it’s a stringent process to be approved for a gun license in Canada. Doesn’t matter how stringent the rules are though there will always be someone who finds a way around them. Reading the history of the gunman, bullying features in his childhood. This seems to be a common feature of many mass murderers. I also noticed he was quite a short guy with enormous biceps and I wondered if he was using steroids.

Re my grains theory – sort of proved the point. When I avoid grains the day after fasting( Tuesday) I have another weight loss, Wednesday weight will be the same and from then on gradually increase each day. That result is so different to what it was the first few years of fasting when I steadily lost each day, Thursday being my lowest day and weight only going on over weekend. I know it’s only water that’s being shifted but that little bit makes a difference to the size of my stomach which in turn affects the comfort of some clothes.

FM, my dad doesn’t have dementia, just old age! I took him to the doctor yesterday and doc said he’s in the top percentile of 90 year olds and seeing he’s 96 that’s a good result. It’s just distressing to see his gradual decline, most of which I believe is the result of loneliness. I notice a significant deterioration every time I go away, even if it’s only for a fortnight. It’s been a very good lesson for me that you can live too long!

Have a wonderful visit to Princeton, Pol, and a great time with the Grand-Boys. Careful choices will be in order, remembering how much weight you gained last time by ‘biting your tongue’. lol. Hope your trip is safe and wonderful.

Carolann, so glad dementia is not involved. That condition is very sad. Of course it is also very distressing to see a loved parent ‘go down hill.’ Yes, loneliness can be a factor, which can lead to depression. In terms of your health/weightloss: You see all grains as a problem? Very interesting.

Weight staying where it ought to be.

Thanks for you good wishes, friends. We were very lucky to catch the flight. It’s a tripmweve done so many times that we got complacent: taxi from hotel booked for 7.45, phone alarm set an hour earlier. Woke and went to the loo, where I managed to peer at my watch and see it was only 6 am. It was a text, not the alarm

We decided to have coffee and take our time. Then another text – from American Airlines reminding us that our flight was at 10.5! 😧. Panic. We hadn’t realised that clocks had gone forward in the USA. Anyway, we made it and had a little upgrade to Main Cabin Extra – more room and quite comfortable.

The boys are gorgeous! Little one is asking me the Welsh word for everything. Eating is going to be awkward,,though. OH used to cook for us all. Now the nanny, after-school care lady, cooks for the boys. Son and dil seems to snack. 😳.

Interesting article in Jason Fungs newsletter

https://idmprogram.com/how-to-control-the-body-weight-thermometer/

Mr P could do this Purple! Probably a few others on this site too.

https://idmprogram.com/idm-community-march-19-2019/

Thanks Carol. I flicked it to him. 😉😉

Hope you are all having a happy weekend. The sap is running and tomorrow I might start boiling off. Tomorrow we will make our coffee with fresh maple sap — very slightly sweet, so we use less sugar. a real treat.

On full moon night, I had some fun. Figuring it was the last ‘full moon on snow’ for the year, I grabbed the sled and went out at 9 pm. Full, bright moon. Snow just right. took 3 runs down the hill behind the house and enjoyed it immensely. Shaw said, “We don’t stop playing because we are old. We get old because we stop playing.” Go out and play!

That sounds like great fun fastingme. Maybe one day I’ll be able to do that somewhere! My 5 year old Canadian granddaughter has said she’ll teach me to skate when we visit this year. I’d say she’s got fat hope lol!

It DOES sound fun! I’m right with you, FM, regarding play. We should never stop 😉
    We have flown across the country, so can watch the sun and moon set in the Indian Ocean, as opposed to rising out of the Pacific. Such a wonderful world! Tired, with the early start and time changes, and NO interest in fasting until Tuesday 🤪 P

PVE, being an East-Coaster myself, it is fun to go to the West Coast to see the sun set over the ocean. Happily, at our summer house we are so far North and so close to the ocean, that we can see the sun rise over the water and also set over the water. We love to takes guests to the beach, dig a fire pit, cook hot dogs [reduced fat, 110 calories] and watch the sun go down into the water.

Carolann, you must let your granddaughter at least TRY to teach you to skate. New experiences are good! I’ll assume it is an indoor rink? the sort for hockey or curling?

Weight is at ‘super-low’ this am. That means I can eat freely! VERY freely. Spring-like weather here and the snow is melting apace. Must start the boil-off today.
    Have a good one. It is LOTR Day — is that a holiday in New Zealand?

Is it just me, or is this someone touting for business rather than a genuine contributor to the Forum? See https://www.facebook.com/pg/Lipoxar/posts/

Anyway, I’ve reported it.

I reported and it’s deleted Herm 🤨

Are you having a good time on your West Coast, PVE?

Polly, are you having lovely Spring weather in Princeton? Just saw the first crocuses of the year in someone else’s garden! Very early for that around here. Nothing wrong about your OH surprising son + DIL with a dinner all prepared…. They might like not snacking.

Off to eye doctor today. Its in the city, so we will go for an early dinner at a well-regarded restaurant. ODH was a bit peeved when I told him it was ‘business casual’ — he doesn’t like ‘getting dressed up’.

I reported that post, too, most blatant piece of scam with a ‘personal story’. Yuck

Hope all goes well with your doctor visit, fasting. A restaurant treat sounds good, too.

This morning looks good here in Princeton. We’ve had heavy rain, then some very cold winds, do we haven’t had a walk yet. The elder grandson was not very well on Saturday and had a doctor visit on Sunday, as we were beginning to suspect appendicitis. Thankfully not, but he was off school with us yesterday as a precaution. He was fine by then, but it was tiring keeping him entertained rather than spending hours on the iPad or watching television. Sneaky educational games meant we had fun and he didn’t realise he was being taught.

There are no crocuses here, or many flowers at all! The deer eat everything that doesn’t have thorns!

Just weighed. All good.

After hours of driving through vineyards and olive groves today, we are convinced we must supply the whole world from here. Staggering! And we are doing our bit to use it up. 😉😉

PVE, that sounds wonderful. We feel obliged to sample the American wines, too. As we left the wine store last week we saw one called ‘Fat Bastard’. OH went back to buy some yesterday- only to test for the wine group, of course – all gone!

Off for a walk along the Raritan Canal now. It was built to carry coal from Pennsylvania to New York. Some interesting sites on the way.

Early canal systems fascinate me. I am a big fan of Thomas Telford, the Scottish engineer.
    Some restrained, home cooked eating for the next week as we are staying with friends in a house. All keen on eating healthily.
    Enjoy your trip Poll. P

Fasting me, crocus blooming here too – for the beginning of autumn 😊

Your trip sounds like fun Purple and a bit of healthy eating thrown in – win win!

Polly, grandkids often get a day off school when we go to visit as it’s surprising how many ‘sore tummies’ There are when we’re around. Not accusing your grandson of fabricating though. 😊

I’ve never heard of LOTR Day, fasting_me. It certainly isn’t a thing in NZ.

You aren’t quite supplying the world with wine, P. Remember our day in the Wairarapa? 🙂

Report on sleeping – just getting worse and worse, not sure now when I had a full night. So session with hypnotherapist today, for actual hypnosis. But I was disappointed that he only used a light hypnosis, and really it’s all about autosuggestion. I was hoping he would give my brain firm instructions about being able to get back to sleep. But I will put it to work tonight, always positive, hoping it will work.

I was fascinated by the canals in England when we lived there. We took a narrow boat out for a week, terrific experience and something I would love to repeat. Unfortunately OH is reluctant to return to the NH, as he feels we have seen everything! What nonsense, I can put together an itinerary of new sights around Europe to please us both. I’m hoping for 18 months’ time.

We are well into autumn now, and our Indian summer has come to a screeching halt. Torrential rain fell on the South Island West Coast, and now they are cut off as a bridge was washed away yesterday. Rain and gales here, but still unseasonably warm. I went in to work today, will do so also on Friday as the end of the financial year is nigh and still work to be completed.

We are experiencing massive ups and downs in weather on our travels. Thick jumpers and fires in the mornings, swimming in the evening. Crazy!
    The world supply of wine was hyperbole, B. 😉 In the years we have travelled all over Australia, we are staggered how much arrable land has been turned over to the fruit of the vine!
    Sorry to hear your sleep issues haven’t improved. I’m struggling with strange beds and changes of time zones. Dies your head in. 😏
    P

I knew that, P… Helping you out in the shiraz department as much as we can. 🙂

We seem to be helping out consuming more than our share of bubbly of late.
    Might be back into reds again as the weather cools to winter 🍷🍷

So sorry about the sleep problems, Barata. It seems to be a cycle which is tough to break. Your comment on your Oh made me smile. Every tour we’ve done has been full of Australians and Kiwis! I’ve yet to venture across the equator. OH worked in Melbourne for a month – loved it, and managed to get about in the state, sampling all sorts of produce, of course.

Talking of Kiwis, have you seen that we are rated number two in the world, just behind your mighty All Blacks. Can’t wait for the World Cup. The time difference will be awkward, though.

Bought some sneaky ice cream yesterday, but had no time eat any.

Barata, I’m distressed about your sleep problems. My ODH and sons also have issues with that — for a variety of reasons. Has anyone ever looked into anxiety/depression as a cause? Your OH thinks he’s seen it all in the Northern Hemisphere!?! My ODH would like to visit Australia and New Zealand, for the wines, the scenery, and the Hobbits, but he doesn’t sleep on airplanes and the thought of 18 hours in the air gives him the willies. I joke that I could sedate him and ship him over there as cargo… Since Lord of the Rings was filmed in and by New Zealand, I wondered if there were a nation-wide observance of the climactic part of the narrative. Can you tell we are huge fans of the books?

Polly, isn’t taking care of sick g-kids your whole reason for being there? lol. Our neighbors recently took care of their 2 g-kids for a week. They drove 7 hours to a ‘hand-off’ with their daughter and then went home with the children. The boy was getting over being ill. In a day and a half, the grandmother took to her bed with violent stomach flu, followed 7 hours later by her husband! Both G-parents sick and 2 children to care for! By then the boy was OK, and the G-parents followed by the next day. Awful! Your mention of the Raritan Canal reminds me of a variety of White Peach from my youth — it was called the Raritan Rose, pure white with one red cheek. And it was delicious.

PVE, your description of olive orchards and vineyards makes Oz sound like Province! Are you 4 time zones away? I find that my ODH sleeps better near the Prime Meridian, waking up at 7 am instead of 4:30 am. Strange. What takes you to the shores of the Indian Ocean?

Carolann, are those saffron crocuses? They bloom in the Fall. Start plucking stamens!

Eye doctor gave us both a good report, and no change of lenses. The restaurant was GREAT: my meal consisted of a glass of Cava, a plate of Chèvre/Spinach Croquettes, Escargots + Lobster in cream sauce in a Puff Pastry cup, and a shared chocolate cake. All very delicious. AND scant weight gain. In fact, this past week my weight has been consistently below Target. Wa-hoo!

It’s early days, but my sleeping has improved since the session with the hypnotherapist on Wednesday! He put me into a light trance, and gave me suggestions to focus my mind when I wake up. And fingers crossed, something’s working! It might be the end of the stress at work with the financial year ending on Friday, so I will keep you posted. Not one night up and awake since then, though. 🙂

There are LOTRs tours you can take around certain of the filming sites, FM, but we have never followed these. I have read the books, and seen the films, but most of the country has moved on. A shame about your OH not sleeping on planes. Has he considered sleeping pills? Or you could plan shorter hops. Your food always sounds delicious! 🙂

Glad to hear of the improvement in your sleeping, Barata. It probably is work stress, you know. We’d also love to vidit New Zealand, but for the rugby, of course.

Good news about your eyes, too, fasting. After you mentioned crocuses, I noticed daffodils and now they are appearing everywhere. They must not appeal to deer! They seem a little smaller than our Welsh ones, but it’s still good to see some flowers. The weather is beautiful today. We sat outside for an hour this afternoon, with a family of deer encamped further down the yard, under the shade of a deer.

We’ve managed a few more walks. Finally got to explore Princeton University campus, which is beautiful with a surprisingly wide range of building styles. We were lucky to hear a free organ recital in the chapel.

We’re also managing our food very well, as we’ve not been out as a family as yet and can’t see when we will. We’re both hooked on stir fries with satay sauce at the moment. The rice noodles are low calorie.

We are also experiencing the “fun” of looking after sick grandkids,too. I’m trying to avoid the bugs (No hugging, windows open in cars, reminders to cover up coughs). Hopefully we get away without picking it up. At least we get to see real life with our kids, Polly, don’t we?😳
    We have multiple time zones in Australia. 3 main time zones, Queensland defects all summer by not having Daylight Saving, A small location on the Nullabor Plain is different and WA doesn’t do Daylight Saving either. Yesterday we were 3 hours behind home, but as Daylight Savings ended over east last night, we are now only 2. At present it is pretty much 12 hours day and night.
    FM, it takes us 30 hours to fly to Bostonfrom home. 23 to London. 5 from Sydney to Perth. You just end up in the zone on those long flights. Never expect to sleep, especially in economy. 😏
    Have you considered the latest research, B, that is finding sleep is not vital, it is resting that rejuvenates, so worrying that you aren’t actually asleep is more harmful than not sleeping, apparently. Just a thought.
    We are consuming too much red meat and not enough fish while here. The kids are VERY fussy, and with so many, we are forced to eat the most favoured. I’m hanging out for our more normal menu. 🙄
    Keep well girls. P

FM, where I am now, the sun rises at 6:10 and sets at 6:20. The temps are cool overnight, (we are lighting fires), but sunny and mid 20s during the day. As long as you can avoid the wind, it is quite pleasant. The tough little kids even swam in the freezing water. Not my scene. 😐 The older ones shivered and complained 😏😏

Barata, pleased to hear you have started to sleep better, hope it continues to improve. Lack of sleep is so debilitating!
    Fastingme, not sure if the crocus are saffron or not. I shall look as I walk past (they’re in my neighbors garde). I’m trying to pluck up courage to ask her if I could have a bulb or two!

Ah, purple, you’re on a working holiday lol, just like Polly!

We’ve at last had some rain here! Yay!

Celebrating Mothers’ Day in New Jersey again this year. Had an early awakening from the little one. Son bought me some Ben & Jerry’s Salted Caramel ice cream as a treat last night – yea gods, I can still taste it. It was unbelievably sweet! Different recipe to that in the U.K. I think, or at least very different to the Hagen Das one.

Carol, I’m well into reading Marcus Zuzak’s Bridge of Clay. He creates a superb picture of a sweltering hot Australian countryside. Wonderful writing, as in The Book Thief.

Pol, I notice you are celebrating UK Mother’s Day [aka Mothering Sunday, the 4th Sunday of lent] as opposed to US Mother’s Day which is in May. So nice you can spend that with your son & family. As for the Ben&Jerry’s, of course its sweet — that’s why it sells so well! Hagen Das is a US brand too. haven’t had that in years.

Carol, glad the rain has arrived. Our son & DIL in sunny California had a long rainy spell which caused the neighbor’s giant pine tree to fall across our son’s front yard, which ruptured the neighbor’s gas line which filled our son’s house with gas! They safely evacuated for the day and then went back home.

Barata, SO glad you are sleeping better. What a relief to you and to all of us.

Polly I’ll look for that book, sounds interesting.
    It sounds like you’re having a lovely time with your family.

Fastingme, so sorry for your son – what a drama and a fright! Trees, very large old gum trees in fact, often drop like that too causing lots of damage to property. Weather conditions just have to be right and down they come!

I’m struggling to stay between first and second trigger points. Seems to be my norm these days but I just don’t want to go any higher.

I haven’t weighed for 10 days as we didn’t bring our travelling scales. 😐 I KNOW there will be trouble when I get home. 🙄🤨😳 P

Carol, I’m still over 60kg, and have been since Christmas! But I’ve decided to get serious and have begun 5:2 properly again. My weight is inching back down towards 60….

P, I can’t believe you travelled without your scales!! Seems we’ve all got a bit complacent and relaxed these days?!

Fasting_me, I didn’t know Hagen Dazs was an American brand. Not that I’m a big eater of ice cream… And not that we’ll be seing it on the shelves or be able to afford it soon, the way Brexit is going 🤣

off to a college reunion weekend today. it is a 9-11 hour drive, so I’ll stay overnight in a motel. Was hoping to get the weight down to a ‘safe’ level prior to a weekend of eating meals from the excellent college kitchen [truly!], which are prepaid and will come with wine. But i have no idea what my weight is since the scale gives me a range over 4 pounds. I always weigh twice, since the scale will not always give the same weight. Today i weighed 4 x: two were rather high, two were way too low. So no idea.

Fasting today: Reuben-Eggs served on Matzo with Russian dressing. We are not Jewish, but I needed the meal for my Passover Fasting blog entry. ODH was leery — thought the Matzo would be like cardboard. But we both found the meal to be delicious — “If you like a Reuben Sandwich,” he said. Before I leave today, I’ll prep Ham & Cheese Crepes for ODH’s dinner and Chicken Quesadillas for me to take along and eat tonight. This way we can continue to Fast!

While in my college town, I’ll visit the local ice cream stand but i’ll skip the Haagen-Daz [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Häagen-Dazs], Happy. Good weekend, Everyone.

Happy, you give me hope! I’d resigned myself to the fact this weight creep was the result of my body no longer reacting to a fast as it once did.

Fastingme, my scales did that when they needed a new battery. May be the same issue with yours?

Have a good weeekend everyone! .

Fasting_me,

Enjoy your reunion, and don’t worry too much about your weight! I expect you’ll be considerably slimmer than the majority of your classmates?!

Carol,

I suspect that my problem is not so much that my body doesn’t react to fasting as it did, but more that I don’t exercise the same control on non-fast days as I used to! Time will tell, but I think I’ve loosened the reins a bit too much. And I’m not as active as I should be at the moment. Last summer I inadvertently saw 56.x on the scales briefly (stress, overly busy), so I clearly can lose weight still! I’ve just been a bit better at putting it on since Christmas 😊

I KNOW my extra kgs are lack of vigilance, Happy. No one to blame but myself. When my waistband won’t do up, I’ll pull myself in line again. At present, I’m enjoying just cruising. P

Reduced vigilance is an insidious fiend. “Oh, that cookie won’t matter.” Yes it does!!

We went to see “They Shall Not Grow Old.” Absolutely amazing. Disturbing, gripping, and a cinematic tour de force. If you go to see it, be sure to stay for the extra 30 minutes at the end. Then, go home and find out about the people in your family who served in WWI.

Having a great time at my reunion. Food is terrific and in sensible portions. Have avoided the potatoes, salad dressing, and rolls, but eaten the desserts. Wow, they were good! Lighter fare today, since brunch is not until 10:30. A dear friend was telling me at dinner that she’s trying to mind her blood sugar, with moderate success, by avoiding the simple carbs. I recommended the Blood Sugar diet. 4 hour drive today, 6 hours tomorrow. No exercise, no walking.

Good afternoon, friends! I’ve read your posts but I’ve been too tired to even post. We had a good flight home and managed to stay up until 10.30pm trying for normality. I even made it to Grumpies. However, I could not sleep that night, being still on New Jersey time, so I’ve been like a drip all weekend.

Weight is fine, OH fat! But he’s starting again today – haha! He’s trying to undermine me, though. Pateis de Nata keep appearing as has the Hagen Das salted caramel, so much less sweet than the Ben & Jerry.

PVE, I sympathise on the lack f vigilance, it’s so easy. But you’re a stalwart and we look to you. So you can do it. 😄 I think Happy has probably nailed it – less control on non fast days. Fasting-me is bring good at her reunion. Avoiding carbs and tucking into desserts is a good plan!

Just ready to FaceTime the gorgeous boys, now.

Bye,
    Pol. 🙋🏼

Welcome home, Polly. I hope your click settles soon.
    I have been battling a grandchildren given bug and really have no interest in careful eating until I know that I will actually survive 😐
    And it is 32deg today! Crazy! It’s autumn and normally cold.P

To update you on my creeping weight gain and sleeping, not good news I’m afraid, ladies. I cannot use the focussing tricks the therapist showed me while OH is snoring away in the bed next to me. 🙁 And inevitably there has been a gain on the scales as we were away last weekend, visiting our third island (Stewart Island / Rakiura at the southern end of the South Island). We were very fortunate with the weather, walked lots, enjoyed the birds and had a good relaxing break.

Sorry to hear your sleep issues are persisting B.
    After years of sleepless nights, I have changed to taking my BP medication in the morning instead of at night. Suddenly I am sleeping all night.
    Your trip to Stewart Island sounds lovely. We are yet to get there, but have been enjoying Coast NZ with the lovely Neil Oliver 😊😊
    I hope everyone is having a happy weekend. P

Oh, Barata, I’m so sorry to hear bad news. Snoring spouses are a nuisance. Is it weight causing the snoring? My OH was a terrible snorer, but rarely does now, after weight loss and not drinking beer very often. Sounds like you had a great break, though. I’m sure you’ll sort your eating once you get home and into your routine again.

And PVE, hope your kindly-donated bug has left you now. You have an abnormally hot autumn, we are suffering an abnormally cold spring.

Daughter and newish boyfriend are coming down today. We’re eating in a gastropub in town to celebrate my birthday on Tuesday. I’ve had my hair cut very short again, as it flopped and I ended up with looking frumpy – my fear at my age. Of course, OH does not like it. 🤪.

Weight, beer, male-ness – all of the above 🙁 I think retirement will be of assistance, though. On the horizon, not just yet…

Happy birthday for Tuesday, Polly, if I don’t communicate before then. 🙂 No problems with short hair, guaranteed to resolve itself. Mine’s a bit shaggy with two weeks until the next trim.

Ooo…A busy week! It’s Happy’s tomorrow. Hope you enjoy your days girls 🍷🥂😊
    Re snoring..Mr P stopped when he lost weight. Come on, Mr B, join the gang😉

As for snoring…ODH says I do. And then he tries to turn me over to stop me. He says it works, unless I ‘have deployed my “outriggers”‘ and I won’t roll. He doesn’t snore, but he will breathe in odd patterns and with strange sounds just as I am trying to get to sleep… Barata, I do so hope your sleep can be improved, since worrying about sleeping can be a cause of not sleeping.

Glad you are back Polly, and away from the dreaded Ben & Jerry’s. They might use lots of sugar, but they are a socially responsible company. Glad Mr P is getting back on the wagon. Have fun at the gastropub — be sure to tell what you ate and drank! I’m nosy.

Barata, you are sending me to the atlas, to look up your islands. Your trips always sound delightful.

PVE, hope you are all better now. Yesterday the temperature was 21 C, and we kept the doors open far into the evening. My sister in Philadelphia [definitely warmer than here] says she always likes to have drinks on the terrace on Easter Sunday. If its anything like yesterday, she will — and we might too!

We hosted our annual Wine Tasting benefit for the library last night. ODH does the hosting and explains the wines [8 wines of France this time], while I prepare and serve the hot and cold hors d’oeuvres [8 of them, all keyed to the wines]. Lots of fun and good companionship, but I cooked for 3 days beforehand! And now I’m Pooped! Going to stay in bed until I feel better. OK, I got up to throw the dinner together, but it was mostly out of the freezer, so it was easy. Now I’m on the sofa while ODH watches the basketball game.
    Weight wasn’t bad when I returned from the reunion. But it has been creeping up all week, with no real reason…except a wee bit of carelessness here and there. Next week will be better. Fasting tomorrow.

Happy Birthday to Happy on Monday and to Polly on Tuesday.

Viewing 50 posts - 10,901 through 10,950 (of 11,673 total)

You must be logged in to reply.