Springing Up – March 2020 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Springing Up – March 2020 Challenge

This topic contains 674 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  dykask 4 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 676 total)

• Day 15, Md US, NFD

It’s getting more real by the hour here in the US, believe they’ll shut everything down soon following other countries. We celebrated our anniversary 1.5 hrs away at a beloved area we love, but left early as it seems inappropriate to be out at restaurants, shops etc at this stage. Now it’s me, DH and 3 kids over the next few weeks and likely more. That said, not panicking but like those of us have shared it’s quite eery. Stay safe everyone.

Doing 16/8 each day but hope to have 2 FDs this week, shooting for Tuesday as a start.

Day 16 – Japan – WFD #22

In Japan things have been semi-restricted for a few weeks. Pretty much everything is open for shopping, but schools and events are mostly closed. The are major shortages of things like face masks and paper products. That is a problem because if everyone could wear a mask when out it would help slow the spread. A mask doesn’t prevent you from getting infected but it does slow down how much one infects others. That is why it is only really effective when everyone is using them.

I don’t trust the Japanese government but I trust them way more than I do the US federal government. The problems so many are facing weighs heavy on my heart.

Day 16, Emden Germany, FD

Starting today’s pocket list

@penz
    @dykask
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone and stay safe!

Day 16 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Delighted to get a message from work that the girl in my office who was being rested for Covid-19 is not impacted but self isolating nonetheless. As I am in core operations it’s business as usual and back to work.

Thank God. Was worried about layoffs as so many businesses are shutting down but so far, for me, so good.

I am glad at the decisive decisions are government are making too, shutting down earlier rather than later, more to come.

The pubs and churches in Ireland have shut!!! No pubs or mass for the next 3 weeks! My Dad tried to go to church yesterday as he didn’t believe “the hype” and was shocked to see shut church doors.

Plus he is being stubborn and belligerent and rebellious and saying nobody will stop him doing what he wants to do…….he was out in his club on Friday with no thought of staying at home…he is 83 ….won’t listen to anyone. Hopefully this shut down will force him to stay the heck at home 😡

Not sure about fasting. It’s a bank holiday tomorrow, St Patricks Day, but nothing will be open. We might make a nice meal tonight.

Stay safe everyone. Never has anything happened like this in our lifetime. But it will pass. We just need to stay safe.

Day 16 Melb Aust FD

Doing okay with the fasting. Had 2 TDEE days at the weekend, and to my surprise, actually was down 200 gms this morning.

Life is being increasingly affected by the Covid-19 crisis, but it’s important to stay positive. The Aussie government is being fairly proactive in the actions being taken, and something I’ve been really pleased and relieved about this week – major supermarkets are making 7 a.m. – 8 a.m. shopping specifically for the elderly and disabled, as these groups have been missing out on essential items during all this hysteria. Other shoppers will be admitted at 8 a.m. I’m healthy, but at 70 fit into the “elderly” group, so I’ll do my shopping at 7 a.m. tomorrow. I have items which I particularly need for my cat, as well as for me.

Keep well, everyone, and continue to walk on the weight-wise downward path 🙂 .

Day 16 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

What a glorious morning, air is still, sun shining, birds singing… got to be a big walk today and pottering round the garden this afternoon!

Might have to have a rethink again about my current WOL, just wondering if my 4B2BFD’s (Mon to Thurs) are working. Looking back when I had 2 or occasionally 3 FD’s a week, the calorie count on FD’s was lower, my 4B2B are creeping slightly higher. Not by much, in fact the overall calorie count is very much to same weekly total?
    Although in the last 11 weeks i’ve lost 11 lb, but in the first 5 weeks I was -2 lb on 3 weeks and 2 weeks no loss, the next 6 weeks I was -1lb on 5 weeks no loss on 1 week….. or am I over thinking it here LOL

Possibly best answer is get out on the MOAM walks again, get in the garden, keep the Inner Warthog in his cage (been our for a walk on the lead this weekend) and keep going on weekday FD’s if it be 2-3 or 4 !

Take care all

Day 16 pocket list
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @penz
    @dykask
    @snowflake56

Day 16 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@flourbaby – my trip is still on, as far as the flights are concerned; but still 3 weeks away, and anything could happen before then. I can still cancel the hotel booking, & the airlines have to give a refund anyway, if they cancel the flight.

Our president declared a ‘national state of disaster’ on a live TV broadcast last night. Most ports of entry closed, and travel bans in place from various countries, including UK, USA and China. All schools closing from Wednesday. Gatherings of +100 people prohibited. My local mall was eerily quiet yesterday, except for the supermarket, which was packed with people stocking up. Interesting times!

But the fasting must go on…

Pocket List – Day 16 🍏
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @penz
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @betsylee
    @funshipfreddie

Day 16 UK FD

Been on a plateau for a week or so hoping for some movement this week so plenty of walks & exercise
    Pocket List – Day 16 🍏
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @penz
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @betsylee
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle

Day 14 France FD

I’ve eaten a bit too much and indulged in some vin rouge this weekend. All our social events were cancelled so we made up for it with some ‘fatty treats’ such as chocolate. Oops.

So, I’m back on a FD today and am going to work in the garden. All clubs and activities e.g. swimming pool are closed for the next 2 weeks minimum so at least I’ll catch up with a few jobs outside.

I’m due to fly to the UK for a week to see mother (85 years old) and some old friends from university but not sure whether to cancel. If flights are stopped, it could be tricky getting back home. Brittany ferries have cancelled a lot of sailings and French public transport is being reduced a lot so even if I got the Eurostar, I still have 700km+ to travel.

So, I shall continue with the plan and keep busy in the garden.

Good luck if you’re also fasting today.

Day 16 Oxfordshire, UK – FD
    Day 15 NFD

Morning yoga class off today so having slow start to the day. Will go to an aerial yoga class tonight instead. Many groups I attend are either cancelling or rethinking their approach.

Its interesting reading these posts because ask we get on TV is the official line. Here people are saying what impact the measures are having on them at a personal level. I’m finding it quite stressful, trying not to over eat & keep busy.
    Joining the pocket list and trying to be more mindful this week.

Stay well everyone.

Pocket List – Day 16 🍏
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @penz
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @betsylee
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @suki2

Day 16, London, UK, CD

Aiming for a controlled day today, anywhere between 8-1200cals will be fine.

@saffy420, I may be clairvoyant, because I saw the flaw to your Hula-hoop rationing strategy waaaaaay before you did!!! Crisps of any kind are designed NOT to be rationed, there’s some evil genius in a lab/kitchen somewhere liberally sprinkling ‘deliciousness’ with a dash of ‘moreishness’ and judging by my total addiction & inability to say NO! ……………… perhaps a pinch of crack all over those crunchy lovelies!! You’re not an idiot, but you have had your forehead smacking “Doh!!” moment!!

Happy 5:2 anniversary @songbirdme, you’re truly the ‘Maintenance Poster-Girl’!!!

@daffodil2010, no doubt your dad will be grousing about the restrictions for months!!! It’s an OAP thing, the moaning increases in line with the age!!!!

@i-hate-lettuce, I am/was a dedicated B2B2B-er since it fit in nicely with my 3 work days, however, I think it may have stalled my engine as the 5:2 results were far better than the B2B2B results. It’s counterintuitive to stop and if done properly, a deficit is a deficit, but I think it led me to excessive NFDs and imperfect FDs …………….. after-all, there were 3 FDs rather than 2 ………….. hello denial!!! It’s back to basics for me, 500cal FDs whether that’s 2 or 3 per week and mindful booze-free NFDs!

@funshipfreddie, I think I would prefer my holiday to be cancelled because I can see myself stuck in an AI hotel eating and drinking myself stupid because there’ll be nothing to do outside the hotel because everything is closed!!!

I’ve had an email from my boss this morning detailing a rota system in the office and asking the 2 ‘older’ gents to work from home, to me he added …….……..’If you prefer to work from home too then this is okay. I understand you are concerned about your Mum and rightly so’ …………………..I’m grateful and a bit emotional that he thought about my situation before his ‘bottom line’.
    So, clearly I need to get my ‘fasting at home’ mojo back on track for the foreseeable future!!! My kindle is chocked full, so there’ll be no boredom here, I’m good for about a year!!!! …………… I’ll be working too; promise!!!

“Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill

Day 16 Fat fast Day 1 North Canton, Ohio

I was considering starting a water-fast series this week, but I do better with water-fasting when I follow a very specific routine. With everything else being so out of routine right now, I am not sure that I want to add the stress of water-fasting to my life. So I will fat-fast instead, and hopefully set myself up to water-fast next week.

This is one of the benefits of an international forum, we can learn firsthand what is going on in each other’s backyards. I am so proud of our governor; he has really taken the lead in keeping people safe and letting science take the lead- not politics; which is so refreshing in this day and age. The decisions he is making are not easy and I am sure there are people mad at him, but as a health care professional, I believe he is doing the right thing which will in turn save many lives.

@i hate lettuce, just give it time – what you are doing is working and weight loss tends to slow as you get closer to goal. It may not show up on the scales but stuff is definitely happening on the inside where you cannot see it

@flourbaby isn’t it nice when humanity supersedes the bottom-line? My director gave us the opportunity to work from home for the next 2 weeks if we want -a welcome directive, but fasting at home is much harder than fasting at work, so mojo needed over here as well. I would also prefer to be stuck at home rather than an AI hotel because the exact same thing would happen to me – eat and drink me-self into a comma

Finally friends:Stay safe, avoid crowds, elbow bumps –no handshakes, wash your hands while singing the birthday song, and avoid putting your hands on your face. We will get through this.

Pocket List – Day 16 🍏
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @penz
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @betsylee
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @suki2
    @basyjames Fat fast 1

USA Day 16 FD800

Basyjames, I saw your governor speak on the national news and he appeared on Meet the Press Sunday morning and he is great! He mentioned on Meet the Press how much all the governors have taken on themselves to prevent the spread and questioned where the leadership from Trump is. The governors could use it. My two governors (two homes) Cuomo of New York and Hogan of Maryland have also grabbed the helm and moved aggressively forward. Thank God! But with nothing open and no where to go, life is a bit eerie at the moment. It is incredible to read all these posts because they are indeed a journal of the world on what is happening. I do believe this will pass, too, but it will be an extraordinary journey for us all.

In the meantime, I intend to do an 800 calorie fast today, while I wonder what is going on at the super markets and grocery stores. Will be able to get what I need when I need it!! Also, pondering if I should go to the bank earlier than I usually do, as I got an email from one of my bank encouraging us to bank online (something I never do!). Oh, well!

Stay safe, everyone, and I like the namaste greeting I saw going on over in Britain. People here think that’s a kind gesture, as well as a safe one! 🙂

Day 16, UK NFD

It’s a lovely day today. We went to the beach for a nice long walk, now back at the cottage with dogs and humans thoroughly tired out. I’m trying to keep under TDEE these few days away. Apart from the hula hoop debacle I think I’ve done ok.

I gave our bottle of hand sanitizer to my folks the other day so we’re both washing hands at every opportunity and hoping some will come back into stock soon. It’s great to hear that people’s employers have been understanding and are encouraging people to work from home.

Stay safe everyone.

second post

@ccco eerie times for sure! I am glad to see so many people are trying to adapt to strange and difficult circumstances. This situation has exposed the importance of competent leadership and a stable infrastructure.

We will get through this, it’s just going to be rough for a while.

Day 17, NFD, Aus

Good FD yesterday tho did celebrate end of day with a spoon of peanut butter (sorry @flourbaby!).

I wouldn’t mind working from home – the dogs wouldn’t mind either – but like some of you, it would be impossible to do a FD and the booze cupboard far too tempting….

Day 16 UK FD

TL:DR Long post alert!

So the weekend’s silent retreat was… silent! I took a cold with me which became a great reason to practice social distancing. I spent my time sitting separately in the back row, near the door etc – not really a hardship when you’re in silence.

It wasn’t a fast tho, more a reminder that it’s possible to get fat as a vegan! I compromised by skipping breakfast which at least gave me a 16:8 window. Caught sight of myself in fresh light & mirrors and I’m definitely on the upward climb 🙁 Glad of a Monday FD to refocus the mind, and set myself up for the second half of this challenge.

DD will suddenly need to self-isolate after change in govt guidance today. Her flatmate was sent home at the end of last week with a dry cough. Advice has changed from he needs to stay home for 7 days, to they both need to stay home for 14 days.

I’m in an at risk group so will be needing to stay home for a while. I’d already switched midweek big planning meeting to be video conference, just have to decide about Weds evening talk and Sunday’s annual church gathering. Then I’ll be home-schooling myself for the next few months along with all the at risk groups – until we’re all on lockdown, which may be soon anyway.

I’m something of an expert at being housebound after 22 years of living with neuro-immnue conditions. Most of my time is still spent at home; going out is the exception rather than the rule – that’s probably why I talk about it! Those of you who go out to work etc don’t mention every time you leave the house 😀 As a result, I’ve got a well-stocked store cupboard, plan everything ahead, have assistance with getting things from the outside world and more ideas of things to do at home than I could fit in a year!

I’m also worried about my 82yo mother who has COPD and 60% lunch function. She’s not been well enough to go out much this last 4 months, and relies on a twice-weekly PA for shopping, cleaning etc. All OK as long as her PA stays healthy…

@matpi yes, 3 days – a 30 day retreat would be my idea of heaven too!
    @betsylee thank you, yes the weeken was a wonderful tho brief oasis. Great idea to have an early shopping time for elderly and vulnerable people – hope we will do something similar
    @lilymartin comiserations on the wake up call. But you’ve got this, and we’ve got you. There have been excellent results with type 2 diabetes and pre-diabetes being completely reveresed by 5:2. Slow and steady wins the race.
    @snowflake56 i found breathing meditation impossible when I started, but guess that’s why it’s called a practice! Another good starter might be the ones done by Oprah Winfrey & Deepak Chopra – all themed, aimed at beginners and hugely encouraging 🙂
    @i-hate-lettuce plateaux come to us all! Keep doing what you’re doing – or go back to whatever worked before. Worth remembering that not all progress shows on the scales, our bodies are always doing something useful with 5:2 but it doesn’t always show up straightaway or in things we’re measuring. If in doubt, back to basics is often really helpful 🙂
    @mia139 congratulations on hitting your challenge target at the halfway point! And thank you for modelling success. I too have a wardrobe full of unwearable clothes, and am thinking ‘no more!’
    @daffodil2010 so pleased your colleague didn’t test positive! Ireland are taking much more decisive and helpful action than the UK – i have read the Lancet & followed WHO guidance in disbelief the last few weeks. We have a way to go still. Hope your dad finds an outlet for his frustrated energy – shows he’s not given up yet!
    @ciren2 good to see you! x
    @songbirdme Happy 4th 5:2 anniversary! That’s a wonderful achievement, and we are blessed to have you here to remind us of what’s possible.
    @saffy420 sounds idyllic. Hope the rest of your time away is good too 🙂
    @basyjames your governor sounds great!

whatever the day brings, go gently x

USA Day 16 NFD

My FD800 fell apart today, as I’ve begun stress eating and losing my ground from all my fasts up till now! What a mess! Tomorrow I will try a WF to try to regain some of those gains. Hopefully, I will try to attempt to go to the grocery store early in the morning in the hope of getting in. I only need a few things I’ve run out of, otherwise I am well stocked! I also am going to try to get into my bank. I’ve been getting emails encouraging to bank online but I don’t do that. I need to go to the bank in person. Maybe if I can succeed at all this, I will not feel the need to stress eat. One can only hope!

Stay safe, everyone!

Day 16, md US, NFD

Well my OCD is in force and covid-19 isn’t helping but I’m not panicking and remaining calm. 3 kids at home while working and leading others is a lot of work, I’m not teacher either and getting them to read, engage in things other than YouTube is always challenging this day in age, let alone now… this is going to be mos not weeks like the US gov’t has said,…. far behind and disappointing… not trust like @dykask said. Trying to shoot for FD tomorrow still. Stay safe everyone!

Day 16 Ohio, US — FD
    Day 15 — NFD

Overate snacks last night, so definitely needed the FD today. Just finished a 3 hour meeting on ZOOM, a teleconferencing app. So all in all, a little tired now.

@ccco Good luck with the bank. One bank in the area sent out emails today saying that they’re suspending all lobby banking. I really don’t know how they can do that with the state recommending banks (along with other people) be helpful to people now.

Adding myself to the end of the day’s pocket list:

Pocket List – Day 16 🍏
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @penz
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @betsylee
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @suki2
    @basyjames Fat fast 1
    @matpi

For everyone who celebrates the 17th — best of the green to you!

Day 17 – Japan – NFD

Easy fast …

News out of Europe that some over the counter drugs and obesity are factors in covid-19 having higher impact. I don’t know if it is true or not, but if it is then this WOL is good because we probably reduce both of those factors.

Day 17, Emden Germany, NFD

Everything is coming to a stand still here, a good decision. Husband has a lot of work to do, one of his colleagues is from Latvia and can’t come over to work anymore. I’m not going out any more, I don’t need to, my husband picks up the few groceries we need on his way home. Lots of plans what to do in house and garden over the next months, lots of unread books, lots of unseen DVDs so no need to get bored und to just sit and wait until this passes.I’m planning to make the most of this and I’m looking forward to it.

@michelinme I’m getting better at it but will have a look at other videos as well.

@cavanya try to stay calm and be kind to yourself.

@i-hate-lettuce I used to do B2B2Bs but found out I’m doing better on the basic 5:2. I’m not sure why though.

@dykask please only share confirmed facts.

Have a nice day and stay safe everyone!

Day 17 – Lake district UK – CD

Good morning everyone

What a day yesterday, fantastic walk alongside the Western shore of Windermere, beautiful morning, sun kept breaking through, birds singing, nature ignoring what us humans are doing!

Edge slightly taken off the walk, on the way home we called into the local (very small) supermarket, only wanted 4 items, but needed bread flour (I bake our own) The only item we could get was milk! Normally there is a good selection of bread flour but yesterday the shelves were stripped bare. One of the staff said that many of the local regulars had been in for their usual shop and were astounded that so many shelves had been stripped bare over the weekend. Can’t blame people, I suppose they’re worried or frightened for their families. Daftest thing is there was plenty of bread to buy, but we haven’t done that for years!

@flourbaby @basyjames @michelinme @snowflake56 – Thanks for the comments, it’s weird trying to work out what is best at times. Not long ago I changed things around a bit, when I was doing even more walking, then decided to try B2Bx4 fasting.
    Looking back at my notes (I log everything, calories consumed, calories burned etc) What I have noticed is when I have 2 or 3 FD’s, (not B2B) the FD cal intake is much lower, around the 200 to 250 mark, doesn’t seem much, but that might be the difference? Target is looming, but don’t really think that getting near that is the problem, after all, when I get there my BMI will still be 34, (started at 38) so a long way to go yet. Decided last night when I looked in diary, back to non consecutive Fd’s!

Take care all

Day 17 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Awesome sleep last night – + 9 hours! – after a FD & a whole day of rain. I love this cooler weather.

Speaking of sleep, maybe someone else already mentioned this. Michael Mosley’s new book was published this month. ‘Fast Asleep: How to get a really good night’s rest’. Haven’t read it, but it’s been serialized for the last few days in the UK Daily Mail & Mail on Sunday. And it’s available on Amazon.

@flourbaby – yes, I’m half-hoping my flights are cancelled. But then, I’ll be so disappointed. One minute I read it’s not so bad, everyone is overreacting, then I read about someone in their 20’s dying. There was a heartbreaking scene on the news yesterday; an old lady sitting on a bench outside a hospital in Spain. She was sobbing & struggling to breath at the same time, surrounded by her adult children. Her husband had died the day before, but the hospital had released her because she wasn’t sick enough to occupy a bed. So sad..

But any, Happy St Patrick’s Day to all our Irish fasters! ☘ 🌈

Day 17, London, UK, FD

I CAN’T STOP TOUCHING MY FACE!!!!!…………………… It’s bound to be my sub-conscience playing with me, the same way it does if I know there’s a bar of chocolate in the house and I’m NOT even hungry!!!! Got to nail that ‘hands below the shoulder’ thing!!

The fasting at home thing is tricky, but yesterday I had a CD at home, so gently does it. I’ll get there eventually, hopefully sooner than later since this is my last day in the office for a while. I’m packing up my laptop, monitor & emptying my drawers, the home office will be properly set up this evening and I’ll treat tomorrow as a normal work day and fast!!! Being at home does NOT mean it’s a NFD!!

@penz, you’re better than me, 1 tsp of peanut butter, means ½ jar of peanut butter, greedy me has NO control where PB, crisps, wine (the list is endless) is concerned!! …………………… You did say teaspoon, rather than serving spoon didn’t you??

@funshipfreddie, I saw that report from Spain, it was a terribly sad time and the report came across as intrusive, unnecessary and ‘scare mongering’. We really didn’t need to see someone so deep in their own grief. Deplorable journalism ……………… next they’ll be showing the bodies of victims!!! I’m waiting for my holiday company to cancel, otherwise my deposit goes South, I can’t imagine there’ll be any summer holidays abroad for anyone come July, so fingers crossed I get a refund!!

I hope everyone is staying safe, staying in virtual contact and staying mindful!! The curtailment to freedom of movement has taught me one thing ……………………… toe the line, ‘cause prison will NOT be for you!!!I keep saying to people, it may be difficult, it may challenge you mentally, but ……………………………. What else can you do? …………… Pretty much replicating my 5:2 philosophy!!!

Stay safe folks, and fast on!!!!

Teresa of Avila: “Patient endurance attains to all things.”

Day 17 UK FD

May now not travel to Australia in 5 weeks as all passengers have to self isolate for 14 days which means no contact with others and stay in a separate room alone. How do you explain to a 2 year old that his gran can’t give him a cuddle? How to deal with that for yourself?! So will wait and see meantime in case the rules change but I’m not hopeful. We have to do what’s best for everyone. Changing and challenging times.

Fasting goes on and planning a FD today.
    Good luck to all fasters and stay well.

Day 17 UK NFD☘️

Mini goal achieved I’m in the 10 stone bracket , admittedly it 10.13 but hey I’m getting there

Visited a supermarket at 4pm , so just before the announcement and shocked to see shelves bare , just hope things settle down Stay safe all

Day 17 Melb Aust TDEE

Intended a fast day, but it transformed. Definitely a FD tomorrow. Went to the shops early this morning, as one of many in the older age brackets – fine, we were there, but little food! Apparently the deliveries hadn’t come, so we all got up early for minimal results. Hope they coordinate it better tomorrow. Don’t need to go, though. I also went to a second supermarket, and a butcher’s shop, and a greengrocer’s, and managed to get all I wanted apart from toilet paper, and I’m actually okay for that at the moment.
    I am ashamed of and saddened by the way some people are behaving though. It’s crazy, people fighting over toilet paper, one blind lady having her toilet paper stolen from her trolley, people abusing the shop assistants because there are now limits on how many of some items can be bought; even products in wards at the children’s hospital have been stolen by visitors; very, very sad, and a poor reflection on human nature behaving badly. With that, other folk are trying to help others, but of course, that kind of story isn’t “newsworthy”, so we don’t see it mentioned on the television. Basically doom and gloom. We’ve been told that best case scenario here is Australia is, 20% of the population will get Covid-19, which could mean 50,000 deaths; worse case scenario, 60% get it, with 150,000 deaths. Well, I will continue to pray for a miracle; what we can’t do, God certainly can.

Okay, sorry for the doom and gloom from me, too. I spent this afternoon cooking up a heap of freezer meals, so if there comes a time when we all have to self-quarantine here, Wilbur (my cat) and I won’t starve. But, that explains the TDEE – the cooked food was SO nice, I couldn’t resist eating some, then followed it up with dessert. FD tomorrow!

Just a comment – it probably wouldn’t do most people any harm to miss a few meals per week; Australia has one of the higher obesity rates in the world. Enforced 5:2 🙂

Okay, onward and downwards everyone

Day 17 UK CD

yesterday was a surprisingly successful FD! Today will be either CD or FD bc so much to get done – I’ll take that. Worst case scenario I’ll dig a stew out of the freezer and microwave with the last of the vegan cheese.

I need to write & send out paperwork for video conference tomorrow, and a talk for tomorrow evening. Even if I send in the script it still needs to get there! Can’t quite believe I’ll be self-isolating for the next 12 weeks bc asthma and neuro/ auto immune conditions. But already plans are online for project groups, church communities, FB live-streamed services etc.

Along with all the pain and difficulty, these are times to deepen connections and community. I’m v glad of this community here. Stay safe and well.

USA Day 17 Not Sure!!

Anyway, I got up early today to go to the grocery store and bank. I’ve been afraid that banks will close their doors but so far no! In any case, it was funny to see the tellers handling transactions wearing rubber gloves! The postman is delivering our mail wearing rubber gloves too! The last time I went to the grocery store was on Friday. Much has changed! Everyone has rubber gloves there too and cashiers won’t touch your credit cards. The real problem was the food. Before it was bread, eggs, toilet paper that were the kinds of things that were difficult to find. Now the shortages are very wide spread. I only needed a few things, so the only thing I couldn’t get for myself was rice and the kind of bread I usually eat. There was almost no bread. Surprisingly, soup and cheese were missing, too. I am beginning to think my daily meals need to be rationed. I asked at the store when there next shipment would arrive but no one knew. My other grocery store’s parking lot was so crowded, I didn’t even bother. Well, if I ration my food, I won’t have to go so often and it probably will be a boon for this diet! LOL

Stay safe, everyone!

Mar 17/133.4/CD

We are shut down and on lock down. As a yoga teacher I am glad that finally EVERY STUDIO got their head on strait and closed. We don’t need to do yoga that bad – I mean I need/want to because otherwise I do not make any money. If I were living by myself I would be at a loss. However, I don’t feel safe. Yeah you MIGHT attend one yoga class a week, but as teacher I teach over 10 classes (with 10-15) in each class that is a lot of people I encounter EVERY DAY! so if nothing else you upping the chances the poor teacher gets it (which then passes it on to all the rest of the classes). I have social distanced myself over a month now as I have had my suspicions.

In other FASTING news…
    Yesterday was a FD, although I did end the day with the thing my sweetheart called “mug in a cup” which is actually cake in a mug. It is a vegan recipe from ages ago and my darling LOVES it. I can tell it is also their kinda go-to thing to want to eat when feeling stressed. AND BOY IS THIS A TIME OF STRESS!

So I ate one as well. I forgot to look at the calories so lets see what that was… oh, not too bad. it was around 162cal. Soup for supper was prob 150 and soup for lunch was around 100. So I guess I made it under the 500. I did lose a pound from the day before so Yay.

This is a huge time of stress there is a lot going on in the world right now. I have decided my FDs would contain lots of soup and ((if available raw carrots)) and try not to eat just b/c I’m stressed or overthinking. I think I will have a cup of tea and/or water.

Hugs to you guys and gals.

When you do your shopping get sustainable things like Rice, Grains and dry goods that you could avoid going to the store for long periods of time. Its hard because I do like eating fresh produce, but its not worth that visit to the store!

Day 17 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

It’s the quietest St Patrick’s Day I have ever experienced. Everything closed. People going for walks with their kids and the dog, people jogging……no parade, no parties, no pubs, stay home.

There was a heck of a lot of scared panicky people in work yesterday morning. As we are core operations we have to come to work and so many were resentful of this. I tried to calm the waters by saying how good it is to actually have a job to go to, as over 150,000 people in the pub and hospitality area had just been laid off on Sunday. People were forgetting that. The panic is real.

As the day went on however the familiarity of business as usual was exactly what was needed to calm the tension. I am bloody glad to get out to work!

However my company took the social distancing seriously. All non core staff are now working from home which leaves a lot of empty desks, so we are being moved to desks where there is at least 4 metres between each staff.

DH was contacted by his job and told not to come in until next week (he will still get paid) however, we are thinking if it continues longer he may well have shorter weeks with no pay (he works in aviation fuel 😨).

I predict a further lockdown soon. This will go on for months. It’s so eerie. But in a few weeks we will have adapted. The world as we know it is changing, perhaps for ever, but already good things are coming out of it…..no smog over Wuhan, the canals in Venice the clearest they have been in 60 years,…….the climate will appreciate the break.

Take care everyone and a big hug to you all. We will all prevail.

USA Day 17

Daffodil2010, these are certainly very very challenging times. My son is a small businessman and all his venues are closed. My daughter is working from home but there isn’t much for her to do, since no one is doing anything. Of course, there is no St. Pat’s Day anything anywhere! I am having trouble with computer use because I think with everyone at home, too many people are online! Just stay safe!

Day 14 France NFD

Yesterday’s FD went well and tomorrow will be another FD. We’re on lockdown over here. You can only go out to buy food, things from the pharmacy, for medical appointments and work (but everyone who can is working from home) – and you need to have an official form stating where you live and why you are out. Police and army are out checking and fining people who don’t have the paperwork. It’s getting serious.

My mum was nervous about me picking the virus up while travelling to the UK and then trasmitting it to her so I’ve cancelled the trip. Sad I won’t get to see Mum, my sister and some old friends but better to keep safe. There was also the risk of flights being cancelled and not being able to get back home.

Fortunately, we can go in the garden and speak with neighbours from a distance. Hopefully, these measures will work and the number of cases will start to drop.

Take care everyone and enjoy tomorrow’s FD.

Day 17 USA (Illinois) 800 Day. ☘️☘️☘️

Quite fascinating to read about how everyone around the world is coping and managing various forms of closures, etc. Life! At nearly 72, and DH 73, we are part of the demographic where our kids are concerned for us. “Are you taking this seriously??” That kind of comments from them. Yes, we are being forced to even if we really want to ignore and live life as it was just a couple weeks ago.

Activities all called off, no eating out, movies, church, etc. Actually played piano yesterday for a small funeral then a little shopping. WalMart’s cereal aisle was being restocked but even cheese and sandwich meat cases were nearly empty. Good thing all I needed was well in stock. We’re having a sort of Irish dinner at home tonight. 🇮🇪 Corned beef in the crock pot smelling good.

Hugs to everyone around the world in our little band —🌎

Onward and downward.

USA Day 17

Things have definitely gotten even more serious today even since yesterday! Now the neighbors are taking quarantine more seriously and aren’t coming out to talk to neighbors. We can go to the grocery store but they are determining how much you can buy and couldn’t tell me when their next delivery would be. Pharmacies are open, too, but people are lined up there, too. At least our President is taking serious action to keep people who can’t work from losing everything and to keep money in our pockets during our tax season. New York City (8.5 million) people may go into shelter in place mode later today with the help of the National Guard. This is all so amazing! I am separated from my family and live alone, so that makes it harder. We can always use FaceTime! Stay safe!

Day 18, NFD, Aus

Ha ha ha, @flourbaby. When would I EVER say a teaspoon of PB??? I might USE a teaspoon, but it sure can hold a lot more than that!!! I limit myself to one spoon but challenge myself how much I can load on to it. A teaspoonFULL.

Does anyone else feel like they’re living in one of those disaster movies?

USA Day 17

Yes, Penz, I do! A disaster/horror movie! 🙁

Day 17, md US, NFD

Another interesting day, what a crazy time. It does feel so surreal and like we’re in a disaster movie! @penz. We are in for a very long haul. All 3 kids at home, while I work/lead my teams/clients (I am a FT teleworker) plus attempting to teach my 5yo school work and get the kids outside… whew the vodka is flowing for St Paddy’s celebration tonight 🍀cheers 🍻

Caught up on some of the posts, happy to hear everyone’s doing ok considering everyone. Glad they closed gyms, yoga and Pilates studios et all… this is a nasty virus and doesn’t seem like we will be back to normal for a long while. I am looking forward to trying to manage a fast day tomorrow though. Still doing my 16:8.

Day 17 Ohio, US — NFD (62 bites)

A good NFD at least for keeping on targets. Otherwise, it’s been a little quiet with a couple of long telephone calls. One of the quietest St. Patrick’s Days I can remember.

Stay healthy and safe!

Day 18, Emden Germany, NFD

Life is not really slowing down here, the streets are busy as every morning. The only thing missing is the sound of children going to school. VW, the main employer in town, will close down from tomorrow’s night on. How good to see so many people can work from home, this must be challenging with children running around. It’s a strange situation but we’ll get used to it.

Have a nice day and stay safe everyone!

Day 18, Melb Aust FD

Doing okay with my FD, under 500 cals by the time I finish “dinner”. How the world is changing. And finally, some stories about the goodness of the community. I am in much the same situation as @ccco, with no family in my state, but I was so touched today when I went to my letterbox and found a lovely letter and picture written and drawn by the 2 little girls across the road, checking that I was okay and asking if there was anything I need. I spoke with the mother, who affirmed that if I need anything, they are there to help me. How lovely of them! 🙂

It’s interesting about differences around the world with Covid-19. Australia has thus far decided that schools need to stay open, similar to Singapore, as it is currently felt that without schools open, kids will congregate together anyway, and could be left in the care of grandparents who are often in the most vulnerable age groups. It could change, but for now, that’s what’s happening here. It also keeps more people employed.

Keep well, everyone, and keep on losing those pounds (kilos).

Day 18 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Hope everyone’s doing OK, weird times, but hopefully temporary!

While checking through my notes, deciding to forget weekdays being B2Bx4, I came across a ‘note to self’ one word, water. Yup for the third time in 7 months or so I’ve overlooked water, a few months ago I stalled then realised not drinking enough water on FD’s. But only increased amount on FD’s, when doing B2BFD’s wasn’t drinking enough. Dozy guy I sometimes am, I forgot it’s not just on FD’s I need to drink more!

Take care all

Pocket list day 18

@i-hate-lettuce
    @betsylee

Day 18 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Happy Hump Day to all! 🐫

This quote caught my eye in yesterday’s local paper. Not sure if/how it pertains to travel, or our current pandemic:

‘Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. The fearful are caught as often as the bold’. Helen Keller

Pocket list – Day 18 🥕
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @betsylee
    @funshipfreddie

Day 18 UK ?CD

Amazingly pulled a FD800 yesterday, making a B2B opener for the week. Somehow it’s easier to avoid temptation when self-isolating and busy – who knew? Tho the conversation about tsps of peanut butter had me heading for the PB with a tsp!! I think perhaps I may be able to get a bit more settled on the waggon during this isolation time.

Today will be full! I’m supposed to be writing a talk and sending off by lunchtime for someone else to read – finding that pretty hard. Then hosting a 8person zoom conference meeting for a couple of hours. I’ll be ready for supper, switch off, bath and an early night.

i sat outside for a bit this morning with my coffee. Striking how attuned to movement and life I have already become. Watched a bumble bee blown off course come in to rest for a bit, a neighbourhood stray cat creep under my hedge to rest in the flowerbed, starlings & pigeons flocking next door bc the feeders have been filled, and the distant sound of major building works. No planes overhead, no cars, and only two people walking past on the other side of the road. Connection becomes intensified when we are isolated. Thank you all for being part of my connection today.

whatever the day brings, go gently x

Day 18 London FD

We were due to return from Paris this Friday, but as things got more and more ominous, we went to the Eurostar office and the looks of shock on the staff’s faces made us change our train to Monday. We got back just in the nick of time. Both nursing massive colds which are making us miserable, but no virus symptoms. So, as our erstwhile full diaries are now completely empty, I have no excuse not to fast. Hence, today is a fasting day, the first for some time. Every cloud… have a good hump day, all. H

Day 18 UK FD

Fasting today and hoping for a further loss on the scales this week.
    All my family are safe and well at present so very thankful for that. One of my sons was on a tour in India and has now returned home without mishap. Focusing on what’s important now and thinking of those who have been directly affected by this crisis.

Stay safe and well.

Day 18, UK FD

Back from our short break this morning. Driving into our estate there are loads of cars on the driveways, looks like most people are able to work from home. I spoke to mum n dad yesterday and their neighbours have already asked them if they need anything. I live almost 30 miles away so that was good to hear.

Today will be a FD,I need it after the previous few days. Much wine was consumed although I tried to keep our meals healthy.

We’re a bit worried re my DHs job, he works at the local zoo which is currently open but we don’t think it can stay open much longer. His hours are already at minimum level. Thankfully we’re in a much better position than a lot of people who face losing their livelihoods as both have pensions from work.

It’s a strange world at the minute for sure.

Stay safe everyone.

Pocket list – Day 18 🥕
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @betsylee
    @funshipfreddie
    @saffy420

Day 18, London, UK, FD

Working from home FD!!! I’ve set my office up in the spare bedroom, there’s NO need to enter the kitchen unless a peppermint tea is needed. I think the telly & comfy chair in the living room = comfy food, so I’m avoiding it, like the plague ……….. Oops! Inappropriate choice of words!!!

So, so worried for my mum, trying to remain positive and not preach to family about what they should or shouldn’t do where mum’s concerned ………………………. But I need them to be as cautious as I am!!!!

@penz, I’m focussing on the positive stories and selflessness of some people, but I can’t ignore the fact that the world is changing & this disaster movie has been playing for a long, long time ………………….. fires down under, flooding down under, flooding in the UK, kids knifing kids, the political rise of the right wing, earthquakes, unbelievable political results, terrorist attacks, plastics in our oceans & sea-life, and of course ………………………….. Brexit!!! Phew ……………………….I’m glad I’m just a greedy cow, rather than a stress eater!!!

@i-hate-lettuce, I’m guilty of being a bit dozy on that front too!!! I truly believe the key to any weightloss is water, it keeps you full, you’re often thirsty rather than hungry and 3L almost always results in a 2-3lb whoosh, but you’ve got to be consistent, when that dragon roars, DROWN him!!!

Apologies @michelinme, but …………………….. it’s all the fault of @penz …………………. She started it!!!

I’m so, so grateful to be able to work from home, I hope our company (construction) doesn’t take a hit like the service industry, my yoga teacher, waitress friend & her partner who’s a chef have all been sent home until further notice ……………. To live on what I wonder???

Stay safe and remember ……………………

Whatever the problem is, the answer is NOT in the fridge!!!!

Day 18 North Canton OH LFD

I regret to say have not had a successful FD since the week began, I keep self- sabotaging. As a creature of habit, I don’t respond well when to routine changes. However, I have realized that current circumstances are not going away any time soon, and since my plans do not include weight-gain during these trying times, my fasting routine has to accommodate current circumstances.

It’s a real life disaster movie, and something tells me that life as we knew it is over. I hope I am wrong, but so much has changed in such a short time; and I have a feeling that it will get worse before it gets better.

True words: No matter the problem, the answer is not in the fridge or the kitchen for that matter. Stay safe my friends – and wash your hands

Adding you to the list @flourbaby

Pocket list – Day 18 🥕
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @betsylee
    @funshipfreddie
    @saffy420
    @flourbaby
    @basyjames

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 676 total)

You must be logged in to reply.