Springing Up – March 2020 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Springing Up – March 2020 Challenge

This topic contains 674 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  dykask 4 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 676 total)

• Day 18 Oxfordshire, UK – FD
    Day 17, CD

Yesterday became a CD which was ok as it started as a NFD. Today will probably be similar. Aiming to keep busy to help reduce my stress levels as that’s when I start to eat more than I should.

So today I have spent an hour in the front garden trying to get on top of the winter debris. It was a bit chilly but it meant I was able to catch up with some neighbours out on their walks. At the moment spirits seem to be high here in the countryside.

My mum is in self isolation, with my brother doing her shopping etc. At least I am able to speak to her each day because she is finding it lonely. My neighbour’s mum is in a care home and she can only write.

@michelinme – your comments about nature struck accord with me. I was eating my breakfast and watching a blackbird tugging a worm out of our lawn. I think he enjoyed it.
    @emma Taylor – glad you’re home safely. Look after your cold and stay healthy

My friend’s brother and wife are travelling in Australia and need to make a decision whether to come home early.
    Another friend was due to fly out to NZ to join her hubby, currently staying with their daughter. She can’t go now and doesn’t know whether hubby will be allowed back in if he returns as planned in 6 weeks. I’m so grateful that my family are with me and that my mum is in good hands.
    Stay safe and well everyone.
    This is the new norm at the moment.

USA Day 18 FD

I am going crazy with my computer!!! Ugh! Suddenly, in the last few days, I stopped being able to scroll, first down and then up and down. I just discovered that my computer somehow installed a new way to scroll using my space bar!! I can’t find how said this today because of my scroll debacle, but I think that was really really lovely about your neighbor’s children putting those pictures in your mailbox! Sounds like you have a very neighborhood! My neighbors are acting like I could be the cause of their deaths! Some people are even acting like the mere existence of older adults will ensure the deaths of their children. They are completely missing what they are hearing! I am simply going to ignore this attitude!

Adding myself to the pocket list:

Pocket list – Day 18 🥕
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @betsylee
    @funshipfreddie
    @saffy420
    @flourbaby
    @basyjames
    @ccco

Everybody, have the best day ever under these circumstances! 🌸

Please can somebody add me to the pocket list. I need the help… although supermarket shelves bare in Fulham. Actually, I’m not scared of running out of food. I’m more scared of running out of loo roll…. once you’ve done a bit of fasting, lack of food is much less worrying.

2nd post

adding you @emma Taylor – I thought you were going to say running out of alcohol. shows where my weakness lies 🙂

Pocket list – Day 18 🥕
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @betsylee
    @funshipfreddie
    @saffy420
    @flourbaby
    @basyjames
    @ccco
    @emma Taylor

Day 18 UK FD

Fasting today – maybe become a more regular thing , who knows ?
    Glad you got back safely @emmataylor Who could have predicted the toilet roll thing
    Pocket list – Day 18 🥕
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @betsylee
    @funshipfreddie
    @saffy420
    @flourbaby
    @basyjames
    @ccco
    @emma Taylor
    @brightonbelle

Day 18 USA (Illinois) NFD

All is well here in rural Illinois. No cases in our little county, thank God. Prayers for all of you who are inconvenienced, fearful, or just plain bored.

Onward and downward.

Hello from UK everyone 🙂

I am not taking part in this month’s challenge because my mind is not in it at the moment, but I just wanted to stop by and wish everyone well in these extremely difficult times.
    At the beginning I wasn’t thinking too much about this virus, and it seemed so far away, but last night I stopped in my tracks and I thought: What has befallen us?! And I felt really tearful 😥 . Its so quiet everywhere and so lonely.
    I can not believe how some people behave, specially in supermarkets, almost pushing people aside and grabbing so much of everything! There was a lady who made a video and posted it online, saying that she comes from the generation of WWII and how people behaved totally differently than and helped each other!
    But there are some heart warming stories as well, thank God!

We will get through this, just take care of yourselves and lets take care of each other ❤ 🤗

I will lurk and read, I find being here and reading everyone’s experiences helps 🙂

Another failed fast day. This is a first for me, my heart is just not in it. So I’m going to give myself grace this week and start fresh on monday. I’m working from the office next week, so hopefully that will get me back on track.
    Stay safe and wash your hands

Day 18 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Very late post from me as this morning was turmoil. Woke up with DH telling me he had to see a doctor as he had gone blind in his left eye. Only for about 10 minutes and his sight was back, but those migraines and sinus pains are still there after nearly 3 weeks, despite taking anti-biotic.

We drive to a private health clinic and he was diagnosed with severe sinusitis, there is fluid in his lungs and in his ears……how did that happen?

He is on loads of further meds and now would be somebody in the risky sector so he is staying home until next week. No visitors allowed. No symptoms of Covid-19 thank God but very worrying.

I then went into work late where there was new rules and regulations….and honestly, by lunchtime, I felt quite overwhelmed and almost tearful of this scary, frightening, dangerous new world we are in.

I will be ok tomorrow, keep on keeping on, stay safe and washing hands.

@ccco keep on coming on here, this community will spur each other on.

USA Day 18

I started out doing well for a FD but in the afternoon I started snacking on bread and ended up eating way too much of it! Oh well! There is still tomorrow! Hope everyone is having a good evening!

Day 18 second post

i seem to have pulled an unplanned FD – an incredible b2b2b! Also managed a morning gentle yoga & meditation for the first time this week. Clearly stress and busyness are good for getting me back on the waggon! Finally, hopefully, scales may go down rather than up 😀

@emma-taylor Welcome back from Paris. Hope you feel better v soon x
    @i-hate-lettuce thanks so much for the timely reminder! I’ve now drunk 2l water, 1l ginger tea and a cup of marmite tea today 🙂
    @basyjames ‘no matter what the problem – the answer is not in the fridge’ Thanks!
    @ccco sounds v stressful – hope you have a better day today. And a reset day tomorrow sounds like a plan. You can do this – and we’ve got you!
    @shinything lovely to see you and nice to know you are lurking among us 🙂 Difficult times. We can only model what we hope for x
    @basyjames Good idea to take a break and start again on Monday. You’ve done really well to reset recently. Some weeks are just like that, and fasting doesn’t stick. (Some months are like that chez moi, but that’s another story!)
    @daffodil2010 Goodness, what a shock for you both! Glad DH has seen a doctor and has treatment, and hope he feels better v soon. I think we are all suffering from change fatigue – no time to adjust and it changes again so quickly it’s exhausting. Take care xx

Go gently good people x

USA Day 18

I think I’ve got to adopt that mantra “the answer is not in the fridge!” I may type that up and put it on my refrigerator! 🙂 We will do this together! Thank you, everyone!

Day 19, FD, Aus

Ouch, @flourbaby! Dobbing me in to @michelinme – thought we were PB partners in crime!! :) Ok ok, no more discussion of that particular temptation….

Hi @suki2 – is it bad that I just ordered some wine to be delivered? At least there’s no panic buying depleting these stocks (except maybe in my own household!)

Hi @shinything! Good to “see” you.

Sending everyone comforting thoughts today – seems lots of people are feeling the emotional and physical effects of this crazy time. I so love this forum though – we’re full of support and kindness.

And on that note, I’m adding to ‘the answer is not in the fridge’ and ‘nor in the bottle!’

Day 19 pocket list:
    @penz

Day 18 – Ireland – FD
    Hi all just a quick check in….
    FD today but will check in tomorrow….
    I’m a bit tired and emotional about all that is going on in our world…
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 18, md US, NFD

I made it a valiant effort to do 500 cal FD but alas it’s ok, as we’ve said let’s be gentle on ourselves. I did 16/8, remain on that and essentially keeping them CD’s.

Today was a better day, so by the end of the day I was completely exhausted working and our pandemic and being a teacher and kids at home. Also implemented in my teacher repertoire a work out for them…. just hard work making it all work. They need to get outside and we all need to stay sane. Crazy times. Good to see what everyone is experiencing and going through, not good, but you know…. good to have this forum. Hang in there everyone.

Day 18, md US, NFD

I made it a valiant effort to do 500 cal FD but alas it’s ok, as we’ve said let’s be gentle on ourselves. I did 16/8, remain on that and essentially keeping them CD’s. I made chili in the morning for the family and smelling it cook all day was tough as I didn’t eat until 240p.

Today was a better day, so by the end of the day I was completely exhausted working and our pandemic and being a teacher and kids at home. Also implemented in my teacher repertoire a work out for them…. just hard work making it all work. They need to get outside and we all need to stay sane. Crazy times. Good to see what everyone is experiencing and going through, not good, but you know…. good to have this forum. Hang in there everyone.

Day 19, Melb Aust FD800

Doing okay with today’s reduced calories, and planning another “proper” FD tomorrow. I liked the comment that “the answer is not in the fridge”. I’m spending more time in meditative prayer, which has been very calming.

@ccco, it was me who mentioned my neighbours’ kids writing and drawing for me. So kind of them. I’m going over there soon with “Kinder Surprise” Easter treats; felt it was better to pass them on now, rather than closer to Easter (as anything could change between now and then). Kinder Surprise, for those who don’t know, are chocolate rabbits or eggs which have a small toy of some kind inside.

@michelinme, well done for B2B FDs, like me, so maybe you will continue to streak ahead of me on the downward trail 🙂 Or maybe not. I’m trying hard.

@cavanya, I’m sure you’ll find that with time and establishing a routine, your days will become less exhausting. It’s just the start of anything new tends to be tiring and takes adjusting to. You will be fine and manage well, just be a little patient with yourself as you begin.

@penz, also definitely not “in the bottle” 🙂 Nor the PB jar!

@daffodil2010, hope your DH’s symptoms calm down quickly.

Keep on keeping on everyone, and stay well.

Day 19, Emden Germany, FD

@michelinme well done!

@emma-taylor glad you made it home safe, always better to be in your own home!

@daffodil2010 how good your DH had treatment so soon, hope he will get better soon. Not what you need at the moment.

@shinything hi! Good to hear from you, my fellow eagle watcher. It’s so lovely to watch them on the nests (we’re following Decorah and Decorah North) and so relaxing.

@betsylee what lovely neighbours you have!

The scary thing about this virus is the uncertainty, we don’t have any idea how worse it’s going to be. We can only hope everyone ill can be treated well. It’s strange to be in something that’s going on worldwide, we all have to cope with the same stressful situation. It’s good to be here, we can try to support each other and perhaps make it a bit less difficult to get through this. We’ll have to make the best of this situation. Apart from a minority of selfish people, it also brings the best out of people, that’s nice to see.

Day 19 pocket list:
    @penz
    @betsylee FD800
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone and stay safe!

Day 19 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Posting here for normality.

I called an ambulance for DH last night. He woke me up after midnight to tell me he was blind in his left eye and vision still not returned. That’s one of the stroke warning signs so I rang 999.

It took an hour for vision to return but all the other face, smile, arms, talk symptoms were ok so we just talked while waiting for the paramedics. They took him off to the local emergency hospital but, with the times as they are, I was not allowed to.

He is in a medical ward now and going for a CAT scan today to check if it was a stroke. I can’t go to the hospital to see him.

For normality I am going into work and wait to hear from him. Washing hands, staying safe. I felt quite panicked last night but ok now, but tears of fear are not far away.

So glad just to have this place to talk, I have not told anyone else, don’t want the kids to be worried just yet, I will get direction from DH b

Stay safe you wonderful people, we are all in this together and we will prevail.

2nd post

@daffodil2010 of course you panicked last night, it was something to panic about. It’s good he’s in the hospital now and is taken care of. They will sort it out and then do what is best for him. I know it’s hard to stay calm while not being with him but just try to distract yourself with work. Please keep in touch with us. Hugs xxx

@daffodil2010 – please call a friend or someone in your family – don’t suffer through this worry on your own… and cry if you need to… thinking of you and your DH right now 🙏

Day 19 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@daffodil2010 – holding thumbs for your DH, & hoping you get some good news soon! Like you really needed this, on top of everything else going on in this crazy world?!

Off to the supermarket, to see if there’s anything left 😳

Day 19, London, UK, NFD,

Well, well, well, who would have thought fasting at home wouldn’t be as terrifying as I expected!!! The key? ………………………….. my house is completely devoid of the naughty stuff!!! The only trip hazard in the cupboard is a bag of cashew nuts!!! No wine, no crisps, no chocolate ……………….. I suppose if I get desperate I could eat some toilet paper!!!!

@ccco, don’t mind them!! If they’re fearful of you they’ll keep their distance and you’ll be safely isolated from the teeny tiny super spreaders!!!

@shinything, lovely of you to pop in! I think we’re all in for some lonely times, daily posting is going to be invaluable to me, if only just to vent!!!

@michelinme, there’s NOTHING like an unplanned FD to boost your mojo!!

@penz, we’re definitely partners in PB crime and definitely where the vino’s concerned!! But clearly you’re the kingpin and I’m just easily led!! Thank goodness there’s no booze in the house (at least nothing I would drink!) since I’m working from home and my willpower has been way down since the boozy birthday!!

@daffodil2010, I’m sorry to hear your DH is so poorly. I hope the hospital stay finds & fixes the cause and sends him back to you fighting fit. Perhaps it would be best to let at least one family member know, then they can pass the news on or not, you’re probably not in the frame of mind to deal with lots of questions particularly because visiting is curtailed in this pandemic. Thinking of you & sending healing vibes xxxx

“Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.” – Walt Whitman

Day 19, UK NFD?

@daffodil2010, sending good thoughts your way, it’s a lot to go through alone – I hope you’re able to talk about it to someone soon.

Yesterday would have been a “proper FD” but after our afternoon walk we called into our local coffee shop. It’s a habit we’ve got into and we’ve got to know the staff. We only wanted a take away coffee, but when we went in the place was empty (as per the government’s instructions) and everything on the shelves was 50 % off. I felt so sorry for the owner as she said they’d only put a minimum of stuff out so we bought a cake to take out. She’s on the verge of going out of business and she doesn’t know what help is out there for her.

I’m not sure how much longer I can commit to 5:2, at the minute it seems trivial in this new world.

Keep safe everyone.

Sorry for being a Debbie downer today.

Day 19 second post

Oops! Baked a banana cake and COULD NOT resist eating a piece, so CD today instead of a FD800. Well, FD tomorrow to make up for it.

@daffodil2010, to echo others, please let at least one person in the family know. Apart from giving you support, if things become worse, they will be upset with you, to have not been told.

Keep on keeping on!

Day 19. London

@daffodil2010 – thinking of you and sending my best wishes. It must have been very scary but it sounds like your DH is in the right place and will be looked after. Hoping you hear good news soon.

Day 19 UK NFD

Oh how scary that must have been @daffodil2010 wishing Mr Daff a speedy recovery

Day 19 – Lake District UK – FD

Good afternoon everyone,

I’m a bit late today, it was such a glorious morning I went for an early, long walk, fabulous day, down to the next village and back along the estuary. On my way home met a few neighbours doing the same walk, opposite direction! Just stunning scenery, birds singing and sun shining.

Easy to do a FD today, so far, one coffee, one bowl of soup, nearly 1000 calories shown as burnt off walking. Going to get out into garden this afternoon.

@daffodil2010 – thinking of you and your OH, hope his problem is sorted quickly and not serious.

Take care all

Day 19 pocket list:
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @penz
    @betsylee FD800
    @snowflake56

Day 19 USA (Illinois) FD

Still on my 6:1 maintenance, and as hard as it is to not eat during a crisis, I know I must not allow extra pounds to stay on.

@daffodil2010 – sending many prayers and hugs to you. My DH had a stroke just 2 years ago, spent a minimal time in hospital, but with therapy exercises, he’s made a full recovery. He turned 73 in February. May Mr. Daff recover well — so sorry you’re not able to visit. Bummer… yes, I also suggest you talk to your family, and maybe even another trusted friend. But I am glad we are here for you to vent.

Day 19 pocket list:
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @penz
    @betsylee FD800
    @snowflake56
    @songbirdme

Onward and downward

Day 19 Oxfordshire, UK – FD
    Definitely a FD today. Forgot I hadn’t eaten anything till DH reminded me at 1.30pm.

@daffodil 2010 sending you and your DH good wishes for a speedy recovery. Worries are natural, but please share with your family; they won’t want to think of you bearing the load alone.

@shinything – I’ve had a few moments like that myself. It’s hard not to worry about things we have no control over. I am finding yoga and chanting helps me. I only chant in my head but it calms me.

@penz – no its not bad. We have bought a few bottles at the supermarket today. But I know my DH was looking into ordering some too 🙂

@jaifaim – I think we are all feeling as though the rug has been pulled out from under us. We can only keep calm and carry on. Easy to say I know.

@cavanya – it’s nice to know we’re not in this alone.

@snowflake56 – you are so right about supporting each other.

@ihatelettuce – envious of your sunshine, we’ve got persistent drizzle 🙁

Day 19 pocket list:
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @penz
    @betsylee FD800
    @snowflake56
    @songbirdme
    @suki2

Fasting gives me false sense of control in my life right now, but i’ll take it.

USA Day 19 FD500

I am a little late today posting as I wanted to carefully read everyone’s posts. It has been quite something reading all these posts and taking note that no matter where in the world we are right now, we are all in this together.

Daffodil2010, my prayers go out to you and your DH! I am glad you were able to get quick medical care for him!

Everyone else, it is wonderful to see how everyone is meeting these challenging times!

I am sort of doing 5:2 right now but it is more for saving on food supplies now than dieting. Somehow that mindset has changed everything, sadly. Stay safe, everyone. You are all in my thoughts!

2nd post

Thank you ALL so much for your kind thoughts. It was a scary experience but DH is home. CAT scan showed it wasn’t a stroke. Thank you GOD.

All tests done and it seems he just (JUST) has the most severe migraine and sinusitis going. Janey Mac!!!! We did the right thing getting him to hospital, thankfully the tests show it wasn’t a stroke or blood clot or all those scary things.

I did call my sister this morning (she used to be a nurse and doesn’t panic) just to talk. DH WhatsApp’ed the kids about his overnight in hospital and I was talking to oldest DD and everyone is ok.

I was remarkably calm in work today..
    The world is crazy right now, but the people in it are wonderful, we may be scared of what’s going on, but the humanity of us all will get us through.

Thank you my virtual 5:2 friends for being here ☺️

USA Day 19 Failed FD

I wrote a big note saying “The Answer is Not in the Refrigerator!” and put it on the fridge door. I can’t keep stress eating. I’ve already gained back all I lost with those water FDs! 🙁 Tomorrow WILL be a water FD!

Day 19 UK NFD

Didn’t keep usual FD today bc stuff. Had 3 gf hot cross buns and a plate of red lentil pasta with cheese & spinach sauce. But after B2B2B and lots of water, if I’m REALLY lucky I might get a post-carb whoosh. Not banking on it tho.

Keeping this short & sweet bc it’s late & i’m exhausted

@daffodil2010 so sorry you had such an anxious time with DH, and so relieved that he was quickly & well looked-after. Goodness, how scary! And what a relief. These things make us so grateful for each other xxx

Whatever the day brings, go gently x

Day 20, NFD, Aus

Oh, @daffodil2010 – how terrifying for you! And your DH. My thoughts are with you both. So glad the CAT scan was clear. And also v glad you roped in some family support. While we ARE a great forum, but there’s nothing quite so comforting as having a close friend to lean on in the real physical world.

@flourbaby – I thought of you last night and did NOT go near the PB jar. I just knew you’d rightly pillory me for it if I gave in to temptation! Those pocket lists really work (you’re on my secret anti-PB pocket list).

On a happier note, the weather around here has been positively spring-like (tho it should be autumn-ish). My garden is flowering and putting out new growth. I think it’s celebrating the recent rain we’ve had but so uplifting to see nature rejoicing.

Happy Friday everyone.

@daffodil2010 – Praise the Lord your DH is home and hopefully won’t have any more episodes like that!

Day 20, Melb Aust FD

Posting early today, so maybe still day 19 in some parts of the world. FD today, enjoyed a CD today which included some yummy home-baked banana cake, and the scales are persistently hovering. Hoping like @michelinme, that after a FD today, I may get a post-carb whoosh.

@daffodil2010, so glad to read that DH is okay and safely home. Also pleased that you did talk with your sister. Have the doctors suggested anything to prevent this from happening again?

@ciren2, are you lurking? Hope you’re doing okay.

@ccco, yes, it’s great to be part of this forum. Also, so glad to finally see some sense and kindness being displayed in the midst of the current crisis. Lots of folk over my way are starting “grassroots” initiatives to help others, which is heartwarming to see. If we would all reach out to help a few people around us, no-one would be neglected.

Day 20 Pocket list:
    @betsylee

Day 20 Second post – correction “enjoyed a CD yesterday” FD today to compensate! 🙂

Day 20 – Japan – WFD #23

@snowflake56 – I don’t know what offended you. If you think I said something non-factual you should point it out. As far as I’m aware I’ve only mentioned information that was completely factual.

I’m now taking a daily multivitamin to maintain vitamin D and not have a zinc deficiency. Probably my normal diet covers those, but I don’t want to take a chance. Avoiding a zinc deficiency is a just in case treatments that depend of zinc workout and are used down the road. Vitamin D is important and something that many people are deficient in. Dr. John Campbell has a couple useful videos on vitamin D. With fasting I’ve always been a bit concerned about water soluble nutrients.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5yVGmfivAk

Day 19 Ohio, US — FD
    Day 18 — NFD

Yesterday evening thought I would help support local restaurants and got a take-out supper. I had a reaction to something in the meal and it took me til the wee hours of the morning to have the system calm down enough that I could sleep. Today has gone much better. In the early evening I got very hungry, but after I walked for about 15 minutes on my indoor “track”, the hunger pangs went away, and I anticipate ending the FD in good style.

@dykask Earlier this winter I starting taking vitamin D3 pretty much for the same reasons that you mention. I had a major acne outbreak. It seems that people who have been diagnosed with rosacea have higher than average levels of vitamin D in the blood serum. So adding more aggravated things. That was something that I didn’t know before.

Just to round out the Day 19 pocket list:
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @penz
    @betsylee FD800
    @snowflake56
    @songbirdme
    @suki2
    @matpi

With all the rain we’ve had recently the little brook across the street from my place is quite full and swiftly flowing. As I took my morning walk, a mallard drake and his hen paddled down the brook keeping up with me. What a delight! It’s good to know that with all that is happening in our world, Nature keeps life going in her positive ways.

Day 20, md US, NFD

I am amazed at how my firm (global big 4) was ready for this pandemic and how our employee community has come together through such a crisis. We are all dealing with children at home, or helping elderly parents etc it’s just amazing how, globally we are in this together. Though, so difficult and sad and hard for those who are in other lines of work. There are so many people in our community who still don’t completely understand what this means. The politics, the US Govt, it’s all so surreal and sort of maddening and the day to day. Goodness. That said, how often would one get this much time with their super funny, smart, character of an almost 6yo. Juggling work and all of this is a chore but I am enjoying our time with him and the other children, us all together. Here’s to hoping we all remain sane through this. And then there’s mental issues stemming from this, I’m also very sensitive to. Ok rant over. For now 🙂

@betsylee and @suki2 thank you it’s good to be in good company. @daffodil2010 that is so good to hear your DH is doing ok, and lean on others that’s what they and we’re all here for!!! I have always felt, and shared, that others want to help, and we have to ask for it. People will genuinely want to help if we ask for it. Xo!

Day 20, Emden Germany, NFD

@saffy420 I can understand your doubs about continuing 5:2. I don’t really have to lose weight, I’m at a BMI of 23 and look fine. I’m in it for health reasons also, if I get ill I want to be as healthy as possible. If I’m not doing 5:2 I tend to eat less healthy.

@daffodil2010 what a relief it wasn’t a stroke or something else worse.

Have a nice day and stay safe everyone!

Day 20 – Lake District Cumbria – NFD

Good morning everyone,

@daffodil2010 – really pleased to read your news, although scary and not nice at the time, after the checks you must both feel a whole lot better, phew x

After the ‘Daffodils’ good news I can happily share my own …….. The ‘Inner Warthog’ is tamed and becoming domesticated, as long as he’s on the lead! ……. YES, my first target has been achieved….pause for cheers 😉

On 26th July last year, I joined the 5:2 Forum and found you lot! 😉 I set myself a target, which I thought a bit ambitious, of losing 2 stones. This mornings weigh in showed – 2 lbs this week and I have achieved my target! I am so ruddy pleased, the ‘Monthly Challenges’ group has helped me enormously, thank you all.
    Stats … 26/7/20 – 265 lb – 120.2 kg – BMI 38 …. Today 20/3/21 – 237 lb – 107.5 kg – BMI 34

Once or twice I wondered why progress was slow and changed things a bit, but on each occasion I went back to basics. B2Bx4FD’s didn’t work for me. Looking back through all my notes, the best results have been Friday ‘Warthog Day’ Saturday Sunday, mindful of consumption. The remaining 4 days, lots of water, more exercise (walking and gardening) the FD’s either 2 or 3 between 600-700 cals and extra water!
    Next target, don’t go upwards! Going to initially look to another 7 lbs but see how that goes, might make it another 17 ! Would love to get that BMI down below 30, that’s a big lump, but from my original, starting point, I’m already halfway there!

Beautiful sunny morning again, which matches my mood, off out for another long walk to celebrate!

Take care all.

Duh – edit my last post ….

The dates are wrong! Head’s not quite on straight, for some reason !

Stats should read..

26/7/19 – 265 lb – 120.2 kg – BMI 38 …. Today 20/3/20 – 237 lb – 107.5 kg – BMI 34

Day 20 Second post

My FD has gone well; kitchen now closed.

Whew! @Ihatelettuce, I thought I’d lost a year somewhere for a minute there. Congrats on your successful reduction, and long may it continue!

@matpi, hope you got through and finished your FD in style, as hoped.

@cavanya, glad you’re adjusting well to life WFH (working from home).

Keep on keeping on everyone.

Day 20 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@daffodil2010 – phew?!! So relieved for you & your DH!

@i-hate-lettuce – congrats on reaching your first milestone! 🍻 🎉 You’ll have that BMI down in no time, I’m sure.

Was planning a FD today, but just don’t feel up to it. Tomorrow!

Day 20 Oxfordshire, UK – NFD
    Early check in today.
    I haven’t been brave enough to step on the scales for at least a week, but I did today. There is a slight drop. I am so please as I was afraid I had blown March. But I’m still on track with another 11 days to go.

@daffodil2010 – that’s GREAT NEWS, so relieved for you.

@ihatelettuce – congratulations at getting that inner warthog on a lead and getting to your target.

Stay strong everyone.

@ihatelettuce – that is really good going. Well done reducing your BMI, or BMX as my DH insists on calling it. My biggest problem with 5:2 was finally finding a way to lose weight reliably, and fairly easily, and then promptly becoming complacent, and jumping from my lowest adult weight to my highest. How stupid is that? I know these are awful times but I think I’ll be able to fast more easily now, especially as holidays are out.
    @daffodil2010 – glad to hear your good news. You must be relieved.

Day 20 UK NFD

Good to hear everyone’s good and nice to have a bit of “normal “

Day 20 UK FD

@daffodil2010, brilliant news re your DH. You must be so relieved. Yesterday I gave my head a wobble, put on my big girl pants and decided to stop being miserable 😀. I took a neighbours dog for a walk (I did ask beforehand- she’s self isolating!), he’s a young lab and the walk was considerably longer and more energetic than my 2 elderly pups are used to.

Last night the wine came out and DH found the last 2 bags of hula hoops, they lasted about 10 minutes. @flourbaby, I know they’re addictive but only the 2 packets between us. No snacks left in the house now.
    @ihatelettuce, you can’t beat the feeling of getting to target. Makes everything worthwhile, great news.

Today will be a FD nothing for lunch then fish with salad. At least by fasting our food will last longer.

Keep safe everyone and thank you all for being such a supportive bunch.

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 676 total)

You must be logged in to reply.