Springing Up – March 2020 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Springing Up – March 2020 Challenge

This topic contains 674 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  dykask 4 years ago.

Viewing 26 posts - 651 through 676 (of 676 total)

• Day 31 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

Finishing the month 1.5 kilos up?! Despite doing mostly 4:3. Back to basics in April!

Who knew ‘mad March’ would get this mad? Things are going to get very unpleasant here. The army has been deployed to help the police with enforcing the lockdown. It’s the poor who will suffer the most. Imagine telling six people sharing a one-room shack to stay indoors? It’s just not going to happen. Counting my blessings today.

Stay safe everyone. See you next month

2nd Post

@michelinme – thank you for hosting March!

Day 31 Melb Aust TDEE

Finished this month with a loss of 3.8 kg, which is very pleasing. Not quite the 4 kg goal, but close enough. Had a TDEE day today to celebrate before leaping into April with a LFD tomorrow (to undo 2 hot cross buns and ice-cream from today! Still within my TDEE, just).

@michelinme, thanks for being our March host; see you in the April forum.

@snowflake56, yay for some weight loss!

Keep well, everyone.

Day 31 UK NFD

Pleased with my small loss for the month – Thanks for hosting @michelinme See you all in April

Day 31. NFD. London.
    I hope everybody is safe and well. It hit me yesterday how long this will last, and I felt sad all day. But it must pass eventually.
    Please count me in for the April challenge. My birthday month, but doubt if we will get out for a birthday meal. Later in the year, maybe. Take care all.

2nd post

@betsylee wow, I’m highly impressed!

@brightonbelle every loss is something to be pleased about!

DAY 29 FRANCE NFD

Thank you for hosting during March @michelinme.

I didn’t join right at the beginning of the challenge but joined on 3rd March (I think). If I count from 1st March, I’ve lost 4.4kg this month.

The FDs have been relatively easy if I keep busy so I’ve done a lot of gardening. For me it’s the weekend NFDs where I have gone overboard a couple of times. I’m going to sign up again for April and try to keep the weekends a bit more sensible.

What is a CD? What do people mean by back to basics?

Day 31 Oxfordshire, UK – FD
    Last day of this challenge.
    Looking back at my intentions from day one. 3 goals:
    โ€ข to stick more rigidly to FD 500 – I have been more conscious of my calories, but not necessarily managing two FDs each week.
    โ€ข to up my exercise. โ€“ Iโ€™ve started to run, only the last two weeks butโ€ฆ
    โ€ข to stop the evening snacking on nuts and chocolate โ€“ better than it was but not completely gone.
    Lots to tweak next month.
    One final FD for this month then I will weigh in tomorrow for the figures.
    @michelinme โ€“ thank you for hosting, I only hope I can do a good job in April.
    @cavanya โ€“ congrats on the compliment, itโ€™s great when people notice.
    @betsylee, Clemmi & BrightonBelle โ€“ well done on the weight loss
    I am so grateful that I have space to get outside. I canโ€™t imagine what it would be like with children, or so many having to share a room.
    @clemmi โ€“ back to basics is 500 cal fast day, more recently it was adapted to 800 cals which suits some but not others. CD or CFD Controlled Fast Day (1200 cals)

Day 31 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone, just!

Late on parade, just had to get out this morning, sunshine and cloudless sky helped, got home feeling good. Did I manage that far on a coffee, banana and bowl of cornflakes? LOL.

Many thanks to @michelinme for steering our wagon through the maddest of Marches. Personally, despite recent happenings, in a good place, new low weight and minus 4 lbs for the month!

See you all ‘over the page’ on April’s challenge.

Take care all.

Pocket list day 31
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @suki2

Day 31 UK CD

Miraculously I have lost 4lbs this month – the first time since September 2019 that I’ve not gone up!Well, I actually put on 3lbs and lost 7lbs – from 158lb to 161lb and down to a solid 154lb. That’s right on this month’s goal and fills me with encouragement for the April challenge.

It’s even more surprising bc I’ve been self-isolating for 2.5 wks and have eaten things I wouldn’t normally – bread, potatoes, all sorts of fruit and lots of dark chocolate! And I’ve only had one solid FD each week and one nearish. Yet somehow within all of this the trend has been down.

I feel like an example of how hosting will help to get you back on the waggon… thank you to @rainbowsmile @ciren2 @flourbaby @shinything @daffodil2010 @snowflake56 @at @basyjames @jaifaim and all the others who have said this before – yes, it’s still mostly true! So if you’ve been here a few months and got the basics under your belt do volunteer to host a month. It will keep you posting daily, encourage you to think more deeply and remind you of the what and how and why of it all.

Other things that have helped are: keeping to 16:8, drinking more water and getting more sleep. I’ve also got into the habit of sitting on my swiss ball when I have a social video call -= it may loook really weird, but it stops me from getting stuck and stiff. Maybe you might like to tie up habits during this time of home-staying?

@metatauta with you in the trying to keep carbs/sugar under control!
    @ccco congrats on the weight loss. Isn’t it amazing how we feel puffy but are actually losing?! i’ve just started banking apps after years of resisting. They are SO easy – I’m feeling much more in control of my accounts ๐Ÿ™‚
    @cavanya isn’t it great when others notice? way to go you!
    @cateaus well done on a successful FD. In this difficult times it’s an epic achievement to focus on long-term goals and good health
    @snowflake congratulations on a great challenge! That’s an amazing loss ๐Ÿ™‚
    @jaifaim empathy with the shopping thing. Tho I find I’m getting very good at finding online things. Yesterday it was a local food wholesaler who can’t now deliver to restaurants. I’m just organising a bulk delivery to be shared between 4 households – very carefully. Between that & my fruit & veg box I should be mostly OK. Envying you your beach walk SO much – I love & miss the sea
    @daffodil2010 glad you are feeling better after the weekend’s food poisoning. Have a good FD – overnight loss miracles do happen, and worst case you’ve got a wonderful start going into April ๐Ÿ™‚ Yes, it’s been the most chaotic month of our lives – and I’m so glad to be handing over the hosting reins to @suki2!
    @funshipfreddie weight does go unexpectedly up as well as down! Thinking of you in SA – skying with a friend at the weekend who was sure there’d be martial law very soon. So sad for people squeezed into small spaces and unable to earn ๐Ÿ™
    @betsylee congratulations on an epic loss for this month! I told you you’d be overtaking me soon ๐Ÿ˜‰
    @brightonbelle every movement in the right direction counts – well done!
    @clemmi that’s a wonderful achievement, well done! We mostly struggle more with NFDs than FDs once we’ve got into the routine. So then it’s about building a solid routine for NFDs too.
    A CD is a Controlled Day – consciously eating a few 100 calories below our individual TDEE, usually 1000 or 1200. The list of abbreviations at the beginning of each month’s challenge has details of all the terms we use regularly, but if you’d like to know more, just ask
    Back to basics means – stop being complacent, don’t be too ambitious or make it overly complicated. Restart basic 5:2 FDs with 500 calorie fast days and eating within TDEE other days.
    Congrats on getting to Day 29 of your 5:2 journey. Today is Day 31 of the March challenge, tomorrow will be Day 1 of April Challenge. Rather than however long we’ve been following 5:2, in these monthly challenges we use the date where we are so we can keep track of each other around the world in different time zones etc
    @suki2 i’m very glad to be handing over the hosting reins to you! You will be a wonderful host – it’s mostly about setting up & being present once a day. But we have so many wonderful and wise regulars, so don’t put pressure on yourself. This month i’ve been on silent retreat for 3 days and still the forum kept ticking over very happily ๐Ÿ™‚
    @i-hate-lettuce congratulations on your 4lb loss also! I’m glad you got out for a good walk this morning, and always love your descriptions

Thank you to everyone who has been part of Springing Up – March 2020 challenge. It’s certainly been more challenging than any of us could possibly have imagined!! I’m so glad to have spent time with you here each day. While we are disconnected from so much of our regular lives, it’s wonderful to have had this international encouragement. Whatever the day brings, go gently x

Day 31 USA (Illinois) DAFD

Yesterday’s FD went well at 450 calories. Maintenance is tough, but I’m doing it.

@michelinme – thank you so much for being a terrific host this month. May we move forward into a better April for all of us, around the world. This forum keeps us up with so many points of light of the sphere.

Onward and downward.

USA Day 31 FD

Joining the pocket list today!

Pocket list day 31
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @suki2
    @ccco

Under the new restrictions here, as of yesterday, if we leave home for nonessential reasons, we will be fined $5,000 and given a one year prison sentence. I don’t think this would have happened, if people had complied with the original order. We can still take walks outside, which I need for my sanity. Yesterday, I mowed mine and my neighbor’s lawns! Ironically, I don’t have to do that. I live in a private neighborhood and our lawns are mowed by the community association! LOL I will do anything to find things to do!

Stay safe, everyone! ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 31, London, UK, NFD

A quick & late post today.

I’ll check-in tomorrow with my Parched March results, however, I don’t think I’ll be celebrating …………. perhaps commiserating with a bottle of vino!! Actually, I think I’ll need to stay booze free for another month, working from home with a full wine rack might be a stretch too far for my mojo!!

Roll on April!!

Day 31 – USA – NFD

Thank you @michelineme, for hosting during this historical month; it will not be soon forgotten! Congratulations, @snowflake56 and others @betsylee, @clemmi & @brightonbelle on the dispatch of pounds this month! I’ve gone up and down from 134 to 138 all month, but always seem to level off at 135, which is below my goal weight. As long as I curb the reckless intake of Reese’s peanut butter eggs and the occasional piece of pizza, I’ll be fine. Beer? That’s another story, haha!

Day 31 Florida USA Thanks again @michelinme for such a great job hosting. I lost 2 pounds doing the whole month as a Fast 800. My body doesnโ€™t give up the weight easily! Icould say that Iโ€™m at my goal (118lb- 5โ€™1โ€โ€ tall) and since thereโ€™s the threat now of getting sick thats a healthy place to land. In normal times, I like to be a bit below that but these are not normal times! Thanks to @suki2 as our new host. Iโ€™ll watch for when the Spreadsheet is up. Stay well one and all!!

Day 3 North Canton OH NFD

An ode to March 2020:
    Oh! The horrors you brought;
    An increased awareness of a novel infectious virus, global pandemic, social distancing, and a reminder of our frailty
    But you also provided joys we took for granted
    gentle walks in the park, time spent with family, the kindness of strangers,
    and the love of the people we cherish
    You will not soon be forgotten, Mad March 2020
    you made your mark on history
    and reminded us of our attachment to toilet paper
    Adieu!

See you all on the other side

Day 31 – Ireland – FD – second post

Iโ€™ve decided Iโ€™ll go with one more FD while I can….
    So…. havenโ€™t lost much this month but given a ski holiday way back before C19 hit and many many EFSs during that 10 day break Iโ€™m really very happy with my closing weight of 168lbs… my aim is to come out of this nightmare transformed ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ letโ€™s see if I can do that… so planning a very good effort for April! Being busy helps โœ…
    Iโ€™m walking early in the morning on the beach, do some work, then joe wicks workout at 9 am (my nephews do it intheir house so itโ€™s something to chat about) and then back to work with some exercise at the end of the day… will bring in yoga with Adrienne and some meditation – really itโ€™s not too bad a crisis situation ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜‚
    @michelinme thank you so so much for looking after us in this toughest of months ever!!! You have done a great job of checking in with us all and motivating us along the way.
    Thanks @suki2 for offering to host in April… hosting is great as it helps to keep you focused on the WOL and means so much to everyone here.. so thank you! we can all help you along the way if you need it…
    See you in April
    Onward and downward โฌ‡๏ธ
    We rise by lifting others ๐Ÿ’•

Day 31 UK FD

Fasting again today for hopefully a good end to the month. So busy at work I did not have time to eat anyway!
    Thanks to @michelinme for hosting and guiding us through March.
    Onwards and downwards in April!
    Take care and stay safe.

3rd post

@basyjames thanks, it’s so true!

@jaifaim, @betsylee, @michelinme, @metatauta thanks! Losing or gaining weight is very unpredictable, sometimes nothing you do seem to work and suddenly it does.

See you all in April, I hope it will be a good month for everyone!

Day 31 UK FD
    Hi all, finishing the March challenge with a FD. From being a newbie at the beginning of March, I am delighted that I’ve stuck to the 2 FDs per week and have achieved my goal for the month. Thanks for your helpful support. See you all in April.

Day 31 – UK

Managed a good under 500cal FD yesterday and did a CD today with plenty of exercise
    Monday – 3/4hr Broga – 1hr Pilates and 1hr Yoga
    Tuesday – 8+mile Hike and 50mins High Impact Pilates
    Be interesting to see what my weight is tomorrow?? ๐Ÿคžit is not above my top maintenance range but March has been a funny month so we will see……

Made a Gluten Free Clementine Cake this afternoon for an elderly neighbour who is strictly gluten free as she has coeliac disease – hope it’s OK and she likes it…….I hate not knowing what the inside is like before I give it to her……

Thank you to @michelinme for hosting and guiding us through March ๐Ÿ’

Goodnight or Good morning depending on where you are – See you in the April Challenge!

Final Post,

Well I’m ending this Parched March Challenge ……………… exactly where I started!!! I expected the booze eradication to help, but in truth, the eating hasn’t been perfect, there have been crisps, chocolate, winegums & bread!!! Add that to the ‘time of life’ nightmare and it’s to be expected.

Thank you @michelinme for hosting us during this exceptional month, I hope to see everyone in the April challenge!!!

Final post
    Finished the month 1kg down. Not quite goal but still a loss. See you all in April.
    Thank you again @michelineme for hosting March.

Day 32 UK

Thank you all for a great challenge! We’ve been astonishingly challenged but still here and – as always – stronger together. Looking forwrad to Springing Up into April….

Day 2 – Ireland – CD
    Hi all, early beach walk and joe wicks followed by Work work work here. But just stopping for a bite of lunch. I find that I am cooking up lots of interesting lunches and light dinners and feeling the benefit of that. My corona transformation plan continues.. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    I was speaking with friends in the US last night and Iโ€™ve come to the realisation that we actually donโ€™t mind this pace of life for the momentโ€ฆ Like others, I am
    seeing it very much as a reset and think it will be interesting for our world. Will we learn and hold onto the lessons we learn right now? I do feel for the very poor end of course the homeless though… across the world ๐ŸŒ
    Iโ€™m loving the fact that there are ducks ๐Ÿฆ† all over the roads in my area because there are so few cars ๐Ÿš—
    @daffodil2010 Great news that your Step daughter can come home and itโ€™s great that she can avail of social welfare here ๐Ÿ‘
    The loss of earnings in some sectors is just dreadful ๐Ÿ˜ญ
    @hyacinth welcome back! Welcome to the newcomers @kimjoy37, kcslemer304 and others! Great to have you here!
    Have a good day all!
    Onward and downward โฌ‡๏ธ

Day 3 – Japan – WFD #27

Missed a few days, work has been a lot busier since most people around the world are working from home. Basically hours have expanded. However I’m so lucky to have a job right now so I’m not complaining.

Ophs … new month!

Viewing 26 posts - 651 through 676 (of 676 total)

You must be logged in to reply.