Springing Up – March 2020 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Springing Up – March 2020 Challenge

This topic contains 674 replies, has 40 voices, and was last updated by  dykask 4 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 601 through 650 (of 676 total)

• Day 28, Md US, CD

Really hoping April is a better month and make it possible to FD 2 days a week. Maybe I can do this this coming week… both me and my DH have dropped the last 2-3 weeks and he wants to as well. With the kids here and in shutdown, just seems so hard. I do find it rewarding and sense of some control over ‘something’ doing my 16/8 And working out. Telling myself I may feel even better if I Can knock out FDs. Count me in for April! 🙌🏻

Day 29 Melb Aust CD

Just finished watching “church at home” online, brilliantly done by my church’s techs, so I’m online early. After a TDEE yesterday, I think I’ll aim for a CD today. I ate a couple of things yesterday that I hadn’t had for a while and thought I was craving. It was so interesting to find that after all that, I really didn’t like them much. That’s something else I can skip buying again.

Anyway, thanks @michelinme for being our March host; looking forward to springing into April with @suki2. I still have nearly 3 kg to lose to be back where I was in the middle of last year, but I seem to have more “mojo” this time round. Maybe, @penz, I’ve “stolen” yours!! 🙂

Day 29, Emden Germany, NFD

My FD went well yesterday, I had ~400cals and after having a bowl of soup I warmed up again.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 29 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone,

Missed posting yesterday, might just be calling in when possible for a few days, I’ll be in for the April challenge.

Take care all

Day 29, London, UK, NFD,

Another NFD, but hopefully more controlled than yesterday’s wine gum catastrophe!!! @saffy420, all I can say is ‘the devils own sweets’ indeed!!! I don’t know what I was thinking, I went to the shops for a couple of essentials, came back with more non-essentials than anything …………………… the result of cabin fever I guess!!!

As usual on a Sunday (it is Sunday isn’t it??? – my days are also blurring @brightonbelle!!!), it’s a bit quiet here, I look forward to reading posts throughout the day, this should be enough to keep me away from the kitchen!!!

Stay strong everyone!!!

Day 29 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

I am sitting here nursing a very sore stomach and have a touch of perhaps food poisoning? I bought a Mexican chicken noodle bowl in the shop yesterday when picking up my newspaper as I thought it would be nice for dinner.

And it was. However 5am this morning it most certainly wasn’t 😨 I have only just got out of bed and that is not me. I don’t want anything right now but water. So hey,could turn into an FD……on a Sunday!!

Got a message from my job that we are considered essential workers so off to work in the office tomorrow 👍 The police are currently manning checkpoints and making sure people are not doing unnecessary travel. I will have to get a letter from my job I guess. What strange times we live in. I am so happy that it will be normality for me with the 9-5. Although it is hard to keep social distance in an office team, and some people still borrow staplers and pens without thinking 😳

DH and I have decided we are going to have a night away in our van next weekend….in the driveway!!!! We will cook a meal, couple glasses of vino, watch the stars through the skylights, listen to music, maybe watch an uplifting movie, just pretend there is a lovely mountain or beach outside the van instead of our housing estate 😱 I am really looking forward to it 😀

Have a lovely Sunday you great people.

Day 29 UK NFD

With my usual wisdom I inadvertently celebrated this month’s small loss with something of an EFS yesterday. Yes, it was mostly fruit – thank goodness for oddbox deliveries! – but fruit still has calories!!! I ploughed my way thru tangerines, strawberries, melon and an apple as well as a bar of dark chocolate 🙁 AND every meal was basically bread or potatoes – two things I rarely eat once a week!

O well, my puffiness today has been well-earned. And I’m feeling much better for the screen & connectivity break. Who knew that going to bed at 8.30pm would be so rewarding?!

Today I’m hoping to get up to the common for a short wander – it’s only 300m away. The weather is less good – in fact it’s gone from sunny & 15C to what looks amazingly like a snow flurry! Alternatively I’ll stay home and do a longer stretch with adapted yoga & physio, have a restful day eating 16:8 and get to bed early again.

@daffodil2010 you poor thing! Hope you feel better v soon. Lovely idea to stay in the campervan for a night 🙂

Just a couple more days left of this challenge – and tomorrow is a good time to get in shape for April’s challenge! Who’s joining me on a Monday FD?

Whatever the day brings, go gently x

@michelinme -I’m with you tomorrow. These pounds are taking longer to get off than they did to put on.

Day 29 NFD

Just in the middle of a snow/hailstone shower here ! Weird weather Quite looking forward to fasting tomorrow

Day 29 Oxfordshire, UK – NFD
    Saturday was much more controlled than Friday, thank goodness.
    Zoom yoga class was good too, so I’ll be adding that into my very busy diary from now on 😉
    Blue skies are back today although its very cold outside. I’m due for a run today so I’m hoping the wind drops later.
    @michelinme – glad to hear you have a new downward trend. I’ll definitely be joining you on Monday for a FD.
    @saffy420 – well done on the loss and happy birthday for Monday.
    @daffodil2010 – hope you feel better soon.
    Enjoy your day, be kind to yourselves.

Day 29 second post…..

Been out for a nice, but cool, walk, got my head back on straight.

Reason I missed yesterday and just a short post this morning was we had news of a friend who died on Friday. A young vibrant woman who will be very much missed. This forum is always so positive, I didn’t want to spoil the mood, so I’ll be back in the morning and moving on into next months challenge.

Take care all, this virus is possibly worse than we realise.

Day 29 UK FD

Very sorry to hear such news@I hate lettuce. It is truly a dreadful time and puts other things into perspective.

Fast (sic) approaching the end of the month weigh in so hoping to have kept to my target for the month.
    See you all on the April forum.

USA Day 29 NFD

Daffodil2010, I like your idea with the van next weekend. That should be fun and break up the monotony of our lives these days! Enjoy! Sorry for you about the food poison! Feel better!

Saffy420, I don’t want to miss it, so happy birthday tomorrow!

I Hate Lettuce, So sorry about your friend!

Well, March started out so well. I really hit my stride, until the Cornovirus! Now I am back to where I started, so I hope I can hit that stride again in April!

Have a safe weekend!

Day 29 – USA – NFD

Although the east and west coast numbers of infected people in the USA have increased , we have only had a few hundred positive cases down here in the south (Tennessee). Our little pharmacy is still chugging along and we have not curtailed our hours, even though the retail food store we are in is offering “senior” hours 7-8 am. Did anyone think this through? We open at 8am; we’ve got a barrage of seniors storming the gates when we open because their ice cream is melting, lol! There is talk of installing shields at the counters, but I’m a little cynical about the hygienic effect; I think it’s more a reassuring sight for customers. Anyway, I ate my first Cracker Barrel biscuit, chicken waffle, and hash brown casserole yesterday and practically fell asleep standing up afterwards. Lots of carbs I haven’t eaten in almost 3 years! A few customers are buying us pizza, doughnuts, Easter candy, and Cracker Barrel treated all workers to a meal, which was very thoughtful and we appreciated it! Since I got the all-clear to start hula hooping again, April will be my first full year in maintenance and I will dust it off and start making it whittle inches off my waist again!

USA Day 29 NFD

Metatauta, here in Maryland where I am right now (Baltimore), my grocery store already has that shield you spoke of and we are using the of one out, one in, while standing on a line 6 feet apart. I also live in New York City, but as you can guess, I have every reason not to be there now. Most of my family is there, so it is a constant worry! No one is on the streets, so it looks like a ghost town. I know this will pass but I hope it is sooner than later!

Day 29 second post

@i-hate-lettuce so sorry for your loss 🙁 x

Day 30, NFD, Aus

Madly playing catch up after a binging weekend.

@betsylee, I don’t mind SHARING my mojo with you if I can have a little of it back? Please?

Thank you @daffodil2010 the thought of your van escape to the driveway made me smile.

We’re all working from home tomorrow. Lessons learned on how to maintain 5:2? (Ack the “no wine gums”, @flourbaby!)

stay safe everyone…

Day 30 Melb Aust FD

Zooming some of your mojo back, @penz, so a CONTROLLED NFD, please! 🙂

@daffodil2010, hope the tummy settles quickly, and what a lovely idea about your van “break”

@i hate lettuce, sorry for your loss.

@saffy420, happy birthday!

@metatauta, like with @ccco, over our way, “social distancing” is being strictly enforced, so even in supermarkets or shops (the food shops which are allowed to stay open), people have to stay 1.5 metres (about 5-6 foot) away from each other. Small shops, only one person goes in at a time, and where there’s a queue, the queues are now very long because of the distance between people. Of course, there are some who don’t follow the rules, but it’s largely working.

Day 30 Pocket List
    @betsylee
    @suki2
    @michelinme
    @emma Taylor

Let’s go out of March with a (positive) bang!

Day 29 Ohio, US — NFD (63 bites)
    Day 28 NFD

A lot of family telephone calls yesterday and today, so I was unable to log on last night. The weigh-in yesterday gave the result that for the last month my weight has been constant with only a few ounces of variation. So the plateau has definitely landed. Not sure what to do now, but will start re-examining my food diary for what I do on NFD’s, and maybe I’ll get some ideas for getting the scales to head downward.

@metatauta Interesting description of life in the store. I do wonder about those “senior hours” a lot of stores are having. I understand the idea to help seniors not be exposed to others who might be carriers. But I wonder whether creating concentrations of high-risk people is all that great of an idea. Besides, why do they think that seniors will be up and at’em by 7 am. I’m a senior and I haven’t been up before 7:30 and at’em before 9 for weeks. Now if they had senior hours from 10-11 pm . . .

@ihatelettuce All my sympathies go with you. Peace be with you!

Here’s a start for the Monday —- Day 30 — pocket list:
    @matpi

Day 30, Tasmania, Aus. FD
    @ihatelettuce- I’m so sorry about your young friend.

Day 30 – Japan – WFD #26

Day 30 — pocket list:
    @matpi
    @dykask

Day 30 Second Post

Adding you to the pocket list, @matpi and @dykask

Day 30 Pocket List
    @betsylee
    @suki2
    @michelinme
    @emma Taylor
    @matpi
    @dykask

Day 30, Emden Germany, NFD

@i-hate-lettuce I’m so sorry for your loss.

@saffy420, happy birthday!

@daffodil2010 I hope you feel better by now. I like how you plan your weekend.

Have a nice day and stay safe everyone!

Day 30 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

This dry spell we’ve been having has finally opened up some more walks in the area! The woods and fields have quickly dried out so yesterday looked at some of our ‘off road’ walks that I’ve not done all winter. Pretty good to be back out away from traffic…even though there is hardly any!
    Lots of lambs around and the birds in full song, even if it is a bit chilly first thing in the morning.
    Thanks for your thoughts and support, been a sad couple of days, but good memories help.

Re-started an old app that I’d not used for some time, got quite a surprise, in fact horrified. My weight in September 2014 was 285 lb ! I’m currently sitting 49 lb lighter …. sobering thought and a reminder of what was!

Take care all

Day 30 Pocket List
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @betsylee
    @suki2
    @michelinme
    @emma Taylor
    @matpi
    @dykask

Day 30 -Ireland – FD
    I’ve had a busy weekend as traveled to be with my parents but had to come back due to the lockdown… hopefully it will be just two weeks but… I suspect it will be for longer…. lots of time spent on the phone this weekend with elderly relatives who are managing well.💕
    This week was due to be one of my busiest in the office but as we are working from Home that work has changed so it will be interesting to see if I’m even busier or not.. we’ll see 😁
    @ihatelettuce I’m so sorry to hear your news.
    @saffy420 happy belated birthday wishes to you! 🎈
    @ccco it’s just so shocking to see the news from NYC.. stay safe where you are
    @daffodil2010 I love your camper plan ✅
    Wondering where @at and some others are these days….safe I hope 🤞
    Ate a few too menu treats this weekend but back on the straight and narrow for the week!
    Take care today everybody!
    Day 30 Pocket List
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @betsylee
    @suki2
    @michelinme
    @emma Taylor
    @matpi
    @dykask
    @jaifaim
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 30 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Still have an upset tum, not as bad as yesterday but still sore. Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts. I don’t normally take anything before lunchtime on a working day but I have just taken a big glass of my home-made Hungarian kefir sprinkled with ginger and hopefully that will do the trick.

The next two days I really have to at least try to do a proper FD and maybe get back to the weight I was at the beginning of the month 😨 Yes, with all that’s going on in March with DH, work, and the apocalypse …well, a couple of pounds need to be gone by Wednesday morning!!!!

I slept a lot yesterday, and then slept well when I went to bed, so maybe I was super-tired with all the stuff I feel I have to do now that we are confined. Going to relax and give myself a break.

@i-hate-lettuce so sorry for your young friend.
    @saffy420 Happy birthday
    @matpi I thought the Senior hours were put in place to ensure seniors could do their shopping without the hordes of panic buyers clearing the shelves? I agree with some stores having super early hours though….mad.
    @jaifaim Hope you are ok? I though of you when Varadkar announced the exercise within a 2km limit only of your home…….that’s not going to facilitate cycling is it? I heard that the Gardai where in force around Wicklow stopping the Sunday cyclists and telling them to go home 😳

This virus is ramping up, we are told that the surge has started in Ireland but it could be two weeks before we reach the peak…..it’s scary, but at this stage what can we do but keep on, don’t panic, be human. Follow the rules, wash your hands, don’t touch your face.

Hello all

I have been lurking in the background dealing with my emotions at the loss of 3 friends (not connected to Covid-19) Some of you will remember my dear friend who passed away in February from cancer and I went down south for her funeral at the beginning of March……two other friends lost their husbands, one to cancer and one to a massive heart attack……

I also injured my left index finger, even though I am right handed, amazing how much you miss not being able to use that finger….all recovered and healed now I am happy to report.

OH and I have been on lockdown since 17/3 due to to contact with someone in one of my exercise classes the day before who was moderately ill with Covid-19 (he recovered at home thankfully!!) Both OH and I are now Day 14 since contact and are completely symptom free.

I have managed some FDs but have also had some EFS ones I’m afraid – will weigh myself on Wednesday morning for an end weight for March and starting one for April 🤞

My saving grace has been that all my regular exercise classes are being offered on line via Zoom – works really well and I have been able to FaceTime friends and family. Will be venturing out today to do some much needed food shopping as our fridge and cupboards are a bit bare…..

My village in the Lake District is thankfully tourist free now after the police got involved to stop people travelling after the madness of Mother’s Day weekend – what were people thinking of 😢

@i-hate-lettuce – so sorry for the loss of your young friend.
    @daffodil2010 – hope that tummy upset of yours is better and you managed to get to work today and your plan for a night away in your camper van in your driveway next weekend made me smile……
    @saffy420 – happy birthday 🍾🥂🎂

I do hope that everyone is keeping safe and healthy – take care and see some if not all of you in April

Thank you to @michelinme 💐 for taking care of the challenge this month – apologies for my absence but I needed time out to deal with my feelings…..will be in for April with @suki2 💐

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 30 UK FD

Going for another FD today. Escaping the lockdown today as heading out to work.

Stay safe everyone.

Day 30 Oxfordshire, UK – FD
    Not quite sure why, but I slept for England last night. 9 hours solid. I feel more focussed this morning so hopefully a good FD before the end of the month.
    @ihatelettuce – sorry to hear your news.
    @at glad you’re back and good to hear that you took some time to look after yourself.
    Social distancing is the new norm. At least our food shops here are beginning to get back to normal stock levels. It’s difficult when you are advised to only shop once a week when they don’t have all you need and getting a delivery or click & collect slot is almost impossible. Thanks for adding me to the pocket list. I’ve added @mia139 too.
    Day 30 Pocket List
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @betsylee
    @suki2
    @michelinme
    @emma Taylor
    @matpi
    @dykask
    @jaifaim
    @mia139

Day 30, London, UK, FD

I’m in for a Monday FD. I really need to get one under my belt for the final push, even though tomorrow is the last day of this challenge!!

@saffy420, Happy Birthday!!! I hope you have a fabulous day. I guess there won’t be any fancy restaurant or special night in a swanky hotel on the cards, maybe take a leaf out of @daffodil2010’s book & just close your eyes & imagine!!!

@i-hate-lettuce, so very sad, the passing of a ‘young vibrant woman’ is a terrible thing, in these times I hope we don’t ever get used to it.

@metatauta, thank you for the coffee spurting guffaw this morning …………………. “Anyway, I ate my first Cracker Barrel biscuit, chicken waffle, and hash brown casserole yesterday and practically fell asleep standing up afterwards” ………………………….. I needed it!!! Perhaps an April hula hoop challenge is in order since a lot of us are in lockdown!!!

@penz, thank goodness it’s essential journeys only here!!! Restocking my wine gums, crisps, biscuits or chocolates may seem like it sometimes, but are NOT, in fact, essential!!!! I heard that April is the month the elusive mojo comes home to roost!!!

Lovely to hear from you @at, you’ve had a lot on your plate what with juggling emotions and dealing with the, luckily unfounded, threat of this virus. I hope April is a better month for you.

Adding myself to today’s Pocket List, I need the support!!!
    Day 30 Pocket List
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @betsylee
    @suki2
    @michelinme
    @emma Taylor
    @matpi
    @dykask
    @jaifaim
    @mia139
    @flourbaby

Keep on keeping on, there’s no other choice after-all!!!

Day 30 UK FD
    Overdid it a bit at the weekend so hoping a fast today will stand me in good stead for end of month weigh in

Good to hear from @at – wondered how you’ve been

Day 30 Pocket List
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @betsylee
    @suki2
    @michelinme
    @emma-taylor
    @matpi
    @dykask
    @jaifaim
    @mia139
    @brightonbelle

Stay safe all x

Day30 FD. London.
    Somehow, my mojo came back, after being missing for most of last year. Mustn’t hex it by being overconfident. This is one of those situations where you think you’ll wake up and it’s all been a horrible dream. Although, actually, like others on this site, I like the quietness and calm in the city. London was beginning to drive me slightly mad, it was so busy all the time. Now I can hear birdsong all the time, and life has slowed to a crawl. I just feel so sorry for anybody who has the virus, and the amazing people who are caring for them.

Day 29 France FD

I went a bit mad yesterday (Jaffa cakes, cheese) so am back on a FD today. Also trying to keep up the exercise. I easily managed over 10000 steps every day last week except for yesterday but will try to do every day this week, Sunday included.

Will make soup later to eat as a low cal lunch on NFDs.

Day 30 Pocket List
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @betsylee
    @suki2
    @michelinme
    @emma-taylor
    @matpi
    @dykask
    @jaifaim
    @mia139
    @brightonbelle
    @clemmi

Day 30 UK FD

Feeling puffy after eating proper lunch & a small supper yesterday – portion size may have slipped, and I suspect I need to start logging food diary/counting calories again.

Later night than planned, woke up early feeling exhausted so have slept away the morning. I could have got up to join some friends for 7am gathering online but decided sleep was more needed today. None of us are our best selves when exhausted.

Today I’m going to lie low. Yoga stretching, meditation, keeping hydreated & late lunch/early supper of tofu, spinach & tomato salad with spicy carrot soup. Gota zoom call with a friend to help set up her webcast, but no other timed commitments today. Emails are mounting up but nothing is that important that a day off wouldn’t make much easier.

@at really good to hear from you. Losing friends is so hard. Good news that your area is quieter now and online exercise / outdoor walking may keep you fit and well
    @jaifaim I’m sorry you were turned around by the lockdown – hopefully your parents are in good hands. sas tho you are staying in good touch with loved ones.Fingers crossed for a quieter work week x
    @saffy420 happy birthday! Hope you have a lovely day 🙂

OK I’m pinging up now before I take root. Whatever the day brings, go gently x

Day 30 Pocket List

@i-hate-lettuce
    @betsylee
    @suki2
    @michelinme
    @emma-taylor
    @matpi
    @dykask
    @jaifaim
    @mia139
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle
    @clemmi
    @cateaus
    @daffodil2010

Day 30 USA (Illinois) NFD

Checking in and reading up other posts — hugs to everyone —

Onward and downward.

Day 30 – USA – NFD

@saffy420, happy birthday! I can see the generosity of our customers is tempting me…I stuffed about 4-5 Reese’s peanut butter eggs in my pockets at work and a few Easter Mini Kit Kats and squirreled them into my freezer when I got home….this is how the gradual dependence on carbs is like a roller coaster…next it will be white bread or pasta!! Got to stop before it gets out of control.

USA Day 30 FD

Adding myself to pocket list:

Day 30 Pocket List

@i-hate-lettuce
    @betsylee
    @suki2
    @michelinme
    @emma-taylor
    @matpi
    @dykask
    @jaifaim
    @mia139
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle
    @clemmi
    @cateaus
    @daffodil2010
    @ccco

Dieting may become easier, as now I can’t go to the banks! I will try using my banking app. Never did that before, so not very comfortable with it! During these times, I have had to make quite a few new changes to function and I feel like I am too old of a dog to teach new tricks. My sister is hoping to do a zoom cocktail hour with all my siblings. That might be fun!

Have a safe day, everyone!

Day 30 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Adding myself to this looong list:

Day 30 – Pocket List
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @betsylee
    @suki2
    @michelinme
    @emma-taylor
    @matpi
    @dykask
    @jaifaim
    @mia139
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle
    @clemmi
    @cateaus
    @daffodil2010
    @ccco
    @funshipfreddie

@saffy420 – Happy Birthday!🎉🎊🎈

@ccco – 😅 banking apps are the best invention ever! Well, after sliced bread. You’ll never look back once you get the hang of it

USA Day 30 FD

I wanted to wish you a happy birthday, Saffy420! (I tried to add a wine glass emoji to celebrate! I am so bad with technology!! :() My grandson’s first birthday is coming up and I wanted to have a birthday party. Now I am hoping in the Summer to have a barbecue to encompass all our family special days! I hope the world is doing much better by this Summer!

I weighed myself this morning and the good news after gaining is that I have lost 2 lbs.! Yay!

Stay safe, everyone!

Day 30 North Canton OH WFD

So much has changed since the month began.

@michelinme thanks again for being our March host. Really looking forward to turning the tide in April, the plan went a bit off the rails in March.

I am working on developing a new routine for this new reality. I stopped logging my meals, I believe it’s time to return to that tried and true technique for accountability. Also like I mentioned earlier, back away from extended fasts.

@michelinme, I hope that you are feeling better; that’s a fabulous idea to have date night in your driveway

@i hate lettuce my condolences on the loss of your friend. Also congratulations on your weight loss journey. I celebrate the steps that you have taken to improve your health

@metatauta I have probably eaten more carbs in the last few weeks than I did in the whole of 2019, like you I realize that this is how I got in trouble. Fortunately, my body is so far rebelling with cramps and epic night sweats. For my sanity and OH’s sake, I have to re-evaluate my choices

@saffy420 happy birthday to you

@ccco once you get the hang of online banking, you will wonder how you ever survived without it. Congrats on the loss 🙂

ay 30 – Pocket List
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @betsylee
    @suki2
    @michelinme
    @emma-taylor
    @matpi
    @dykask
    @jaifaim
    @mia139
    @flourbaby
    @brightonbelle
    @clemmi
    @cateaus
    @daffodil2010
    @ccco
    @funshipfreddie
    @basyjames

@ccco – our bank drive-up window is still open but not the lobby — maybe yours too? But I do love the app…

“Some Good News” – worldwide smiles and appreciation!
    (kind of long, but worthwhile)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5pgG1M_h_U&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2pfaTboW5jmTyIU25eYvioMS6_AwR-S5RgUoag6Y6sGahWllAfQLvkSIY

Day 30 md US, CD

@saffy420 Happy Birthday!

It is so heartbreaking to walk down our street with my 5yo and he and his friend can’t play and we have to tell them to stay 6ft away from each other. It really pulls at my heartstrings. Such a crazy time. Someone in our state was arrested for having a party with 60 people (!!) this weekend. Unbelievable. The governor ordered a stay at home.

I had a compliment yesterday that I was losing weight. Been some time since someone’s noticed and felt good. Almost at 10k steps and will do my Pilates workout after work. It’s very hard to concentrate. 16/8 and a CD today. Stay safe, well and sane all!

Day 31, Tasmania, Australia, NFD.
    Completed a successful FD yesterday(but with a bad night’s sleep again). I’m glad March is coming to an end today. I am actually looking forward to April. I am going to look at C19 info less & keep staying home as much as I can. I am very grateful for how lucky I am.

Day 30 Ohio, US —- FD

This FD has seen me try another first: I haven’t been able to purchase my usual low-calorie bread, so I used Wasa multigrain crackers. It worked out well, although I haven’t mastered the knack of not having them crack while I’m taking a bite. Maybe there isn’t such a knack. How do the Scandinavians hold their open crispbread sandwiches together, then, while they’re eating them?

@daffodil2010 I think that the idea of helping out a high-risk group is worthwhile. Good heavens! Everyone could use some type of help at this time!

@songbirdme Krasinski is hilarious! His range amazes me — from comedy to Jack Ryan.

@ccco A Zoom cocktail hour could be a blast! You could even designate one person to be the DJ for the event! Cool!

Day 31, Emdem Germany, NFD

I had a good month, I lost 2kg/4.4lbs, that’s nice.

@at good to hear from you, you had a tough month. Good to have you back with us again.

@michelinme thank you so much for your lovely guidance this month.

Have a nice day and stay safe everyone!

Day 31 – Ireland – CD or maybe Last FD will see…
    Hi everybody… I’m awake early and cannot sleep… will hop up and go for a beach walk before work..
    @michelinme – thanks I’m Ok and have siblings who can step in and help …. I was pretty upset at the weekend but I’m ok now… I’m finding it hard not being able to do my own shopping but it’s interesting as you realise just what you really need and what you don’t….also getting good at rustling up food from all the stuff I have in my cupboards… so that’s my little challenge 👩‍🍳 I did wander round to the local shop on Sunday and like @flourbaby I left with lots of non essentials like starbars and crisps 😂
    Yes @daffodil2010 my wings have been clipped but that’s ok! I’m pretty compliant by nature and realise that to beat this we all have to pull together.. I was really so annoyed to see cyclists out and about in Wicklow and elsewhere yesterday..like seriously…. all we have to do is stay close to home while others put their lives on the line?!@&?!
    I can do a nice loop with hills in my 2km radius a few times near home and get some exercise in but I’m happy just waking most of the time..
    @metatauta if never have though of freezing chocolate 🍫!
    @at – great to see you back … it was only yesterday I was wondering where you might be… i’m sorry to hear you’ve had such a rough time of it ..
    Well Done @snowflake56 👏👏👏
    @matpi I eat a lot of those crackers and have always wondered the same thing 🤔
    Take care today everybody!
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 31 – Japan – NFD

And a heavy work day … but fasting when well. I should just be thankful to have a job!

Day 31 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Trying for a final FD but it will be a miracle if I can disoatch 2lbs overnight to maintain at start of March. Still, a new challenge in April, and despite everything else that’s going on, of which there is so much, this could be one normality.

I love how everyone is adapting and growing however. We are all realising we don’t need all that stuff in the cupboards, people are trying out new technology @ccco online banking is the best, hope you can figure your way through, we are realising how great our homes are, people are nicer to each other, everyone getting on.

@cavanya my sympathies regarding your little ones, I hear from parents in work how hard it is to tell their kids they can’t go out to play. Some rogue kids have been sneaking off and knocking on doors for their friends but are being shooed away.

My brothers and sisters swear by the trampoline for their kids, my 10 year old nephew in the US spent 4 hours on it on Sunday. He is high functioning autistic so loads of pent up energy and this strange reality is hard for him. Lucky they are in the Hamptins so very close to woodland trails to run the kids about.

Do any of you know the film “Chitty Chitty Bang Bang”? It’s kind of eerily like that around my village with no children to be seen. 😳

Got my letter stating I can travel to and from work so will be ok if stopped at a checkpoint. I feel for the many thousands in Ireland, and worldwide, who gave been laid off, so lucky to be in a job. @dykask, right there with you.

Have a nice Tuesday…..and end to the most chaotic month of our lives….April will be better as we are braced and ready, and soon it will be summer…..

Pocket list Day 31
    @daffodil2010

Viewing 50 posts - 601 through 650 (of 676 total)

You must be logged in to reply.