September Challenge

This topic contains 1,413 replies, has 92 voices, and was last updated by  Minka 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,201 through 1,250 (of 1,414 total)

• Day 25: Pacific NW USA, NFD

So far, so good with late brunch and ice coffee. Out to dinner tonight. After dinner is when my NFD challenge really starts – the evening zombie walk to the refrigerator and pantry. I tried to buckle down last night. I had my pad of paper right beside my chair but had eaten a handful of nuts before I remembered to write it down. However, next handful I counted them, wrote it down before I could eat and noticed that the appeal wasn’t really there. It was the mindlessness or fatigue or something else that made me get up and grab the first handful and I know it would not have ended there had I not had the moment I was writing ” 5 Mac nuts” to have enough time to feel whether I really wanted to eat them or not. That was after having eaten a really satisfying meal. I wasn’t actually hungry and my mind had time to be rational over my body. We’ll see how I manage the zombie walk tonight.

For me it’s a different story on a FD. If I try eating a little solid food on a FD some kind of survival mode kicks in and as far along on this journey as I’ve come so far my body wins over my mind every time.

Debbie – thank you so much for running our challenge this month! Hearing everyone’s totals for the month will be exciting. I’ll weigh in later in the day after work on Friday, if that’s OK? Friday will be my last FD of this challenge and I want to allow for every ounce less that gets me closer to my goal!

Have a good weight loss and healthy week everyone!

Hi all uk day 25 nfd
    Sorry i missed posting yesterday still feeling out of sorts, a bit low and finding staying on track difficult but I know it will pass. Just have to go with flow. Scales up again so have not lost my holiday weight. I knew they would be by the way I felt. I felt heavy! I hope I can make tomorrow a good fast day and get back into the swing of things.
    Someone was asking about being grumpy on fast days. I was so bad at the beginning! I think it is withdrawal symptoms cus if I did eat something like bread or chocolate my mood immediately brightened. I had to persevere and my grumpiness did eventually go. I think I am easier to live with now on a fast day ha ha! Can’t believe it is the last week , thanks Debbie and thanks Fuvvie x

Australia Day 26 FD – well I had a typical blow out weekend. I ordered grilled fish at a restaurant on Friday night and they brought me chicken schnitzel by mistake. I was the last person served and did not want to keep everyone waiting so accepted it. It was all downhill from there …

Day 25 Minnesota, USA NFD
    A very relaxed day today, just hanging out at home and watching American football, old movies and such with my OH. Nice and quiet Sunday for once! I stayed with healthy foods today, but I did go over my TDEE. My weight was down this morning to 140.2 lbs, but I think it will be up again tomorrow after eating too much today. I think being so close to goal I was a little too lenient with my intake. I’m planning a FD tomorrow or Tuesday, and then again on Thursday. I’m just hoping I can get to, or a bit under, that 140 mark, for once.

Thanks for the congrats VioletP and Ciren2! I’m leaning toward continuing 5:2 to lose another 5-7 lbs over the next several months, but it feels absolutely wonderful to be so close to a goal that I have worked towards since April 11th! Almost 2 stone gone! (27.8 lbs). I love the visual that I get when using the Brits “stone” measurement. It really feels significant when you think of lugging around a couple stones worth of weight and then casting them off. Oh, the relief our bodies must feel when we ditch the extra weight!!!
    Best to everyone and stay steady through the ups and downs. You will arrive at goal, it’s only a matter of time!

Day 26 / Tweed Coast Australia / NFD

The mouth ulcer was mostly healed and no longer hurt. So I indulged in a couple of slices of tomato on my salad at lunch, some strawberries and an apple for a snack. All went well, no pain in eating these. So I was shocked to wake up with mouth pain and a whole new crop of ulcers that have erupted elsewhere. Given this turn of events, as you suggested a couple of pages back, HannahWatto, I think it would be good for me to see a doctor.

Day 26 / Australian in Asia / FD

Happy Monday everyone. How fast does the weekend fly by?

I’m focussed and ready to fast after a drop on the scale this morning (about time!) Here we go into the downward stretch. I think September is only going to see me lose about 2 kilos but without this challenge it may have seen me gain them, so I’ll take that!

Croatia, Day 26, NFD
    Weight: 75.7 Kg

Well done NorthernDawn – you are inspiring! Take care of yourself Lael – I hope the doctor can help. FD going well – liquids only so far though I will have around 300 cals tonight as I find that helps me keep within my TDEE the next day.

Days 24/25 USA. Busy weekend. Both NFD. I attended a bridal tea party shower today. There was a lot of cute bite sized goodies to eat, and of course I had to sample them. For dinner it was soup and salad. I hope that balances out all that I consumed at the shower. Tomorrow will be a FD. Thank goodness for Monday. A fresh start to get back on track after the weekend. Stay strong!!

Day 26. Sussex U.K.
    FD.
    Food intake has been easily within tdee over last couple of days and will power later in the day has been stronger. Have been exercising will power muscle. Lol. I think it is because of my breakfast choice of omelette with spinach and Parmesan.
    Have been staying with recently bereaved brother who has throat infection. Attended funeral and
    travelling home today. Something lurking throat Wise!
    Hope I can survive today.
    Good luck this week everyone on the run up to final day of this challenge.

Day 26 – Switzerland – FD
    Had a good weekend foodwise and kept to healthy choices in moderation. Friend showed me how to use physio tape to bind my foot, and amazingly my plantar fasciitis hardly hurts at all, even in the mornings. Continuing with the stretches and anti-inflammatories in the hope I can get it healed soon – it’s been getting worse for months and I’ve been steadfastly ignoring it in the hope that a bit of weight loss would sort it out. Can feel a cold brewing but really don’t want to change my FDs this week… so will drink lots of tea and see where this one goes. Keep up the good work everyone!

UK day 26 – NFD. Yesterday’s FD went as I expected ie wasn’t a FD but was low – about 800. I had a small lunch to help recover after a heavy/long morning, and then a small tea to enable me to deal with a heavy but really enjoyable evening. And I jumped on the scales this morning for a quick check and nothing has come back on, so I’ll go ahead with my planned long FD on Wednesday/Thursday this week…and that will take me to the finish line of this challenge! Can’t quite believe that’s us nearly done.

I’ll not sign up for the October challenge as that month includes a couple of week’s holiday. But if there’s some sort to of a countdown for Christmas…!

UK day 26 FD I think I’ve posted this before but I believe a Monday fast will something I do forever , after the excesses of the weekend I find it almost easy and I’m pleased to say I’m beginning to learn to resist some of the weekend temptations – sure I still drink but I’m more aware and hopefully this is a sustainable way of life

Day 26 Italy – NFD
    Yesterday also turned out to be a no Fast Day. I hadn’t planned on having lunch but, we found a really lovely place by the lake and i really enjoyed it. I won’t get a loss in for September but i was expecting that as my start weight was artificially low after 6 days of diarrhoea!
    Will give October my all…back to basics

Finally making bit of progress – loss for sep 66.6 to 65.2 .. its was a tough month losing weight- and although was doing 4:3 was still not promoting much loss this month – i did one FD so far and intend to do a second this week.. but changed my diet for NFD – and sticking to clean eating and eating every three hours and just veggies protein – egg white – a friend who sticks to clean eating diet and maintains calories told me and was a click in my mind that yeah although i eat within my calorie range on NFD i eat too many carbs and all the wrong food – hence am eating very less nutrients and fiber and hence must be going into starvation mode.. hence in 4 days this has worked.. i have to avoid certain fruits and limit my carbs per day and drink 5 cups green tea everyday – and so far its really tough eating so much cuz 1300 calories for my bmi is what i need to eat – few nuts lots of egg whites.. and enjoying grilled and steaming my proteins with lots of herbs.. not sure if this will help anyone who went through what i went through – but worth a try.. message me if anyone wants to the guide plan.. happy to share..

Hi. This is my first day on the Fast Diet and I would love to join the September challenge if it is not too late. And then continue with the October challenge.

Gozo, Malta

Yesterday after a three course lunch I just had a banana for dinner with plenty of water. I hope to have stayed within y TDEE.

Today I jumped on the scales and I saw my weight going down from yesterday. I’ll weigh myself and report properly next Friday. Today is a fast day for my husband and I. It’s cottage cheese and salad for lunch and and baked fish with salad for supper. I’m having plenty of sparkling water meanwhile.

I’m babysitting my grandson after going to mass at a nearby chapel this morning. And this afternoon I’ll shop.

Have a great Monday everyone. It’s the start of the week and the last week of this challenge. Stay strong.

Day 26, Australia, FD

Turned out to be a fast day from 6pm last night to 1pm today, this is the 3rd day I’ve done that. I hadn’t really planned it, in fact I think I was planning on doing a 36er today, if so I’d forgotten. I made very wise food choices with most of it from my organic garden.

Lael, my sister suffers mouth ulcers, they are cruel things, I hope you get some relief soon.

Wishing you all success. VP

Day #26/USA/FD

WOW…I have missed a few days here. I’m still chugging along, but not making much progress…at least as far as the scale goes. I’m learning that the number on the scale is not the best measure of progress. I wore a pair of golf pants yesterday that were decidedly loose. I remember buying them and they were too tight to wear. Progress!

Have a great week!

London | Day 26 | FD

Apologies for not posting over the weekend. It was a rather hectic one. Had a quick browse through the posts – well done for all those who’ve been strong and stuck through difficult FDs, had encouraging ‘lows’ on their scales etc 🙂

Saturday’s 25 mile ride around Essex countryside was an absolute delight on my new bike! Apart from that, both Saturday and Sunday were NFDs, and not particularly good ones either – Lovely Sri Lankan lunch at a friend’s kid’s 4th birthday party yesterday + cake – definitely went above my TDEE!

I made 2 batches of soup last night – chicken & veg and spiced butternut squash & apple. So a successful cooking day at least.

Decided to make today an FD, despite hunger pangs this morning. It’s only going to get worse with the chilly mornings I guess, best get used to it than give into temptation.
    So, lots of water and black coffee etc to get me through.
    Got a hot yoga class after work, looking forward to some serious sweating.

Second post – A question/request to the collective please…

Any good recommendations for a veg spirilizer?
    Couple of people mentioned the brands they use but I can’t seem to find that post any more! Much appreciated.

Pissupoosa, I put a little bit of fruit or vege juice in a big glass and top with soda water, not sure if that helps you. VP

VioletP, I’m asking about making veggie spiral, not spritzer :-p
    Spirilizing veg – like courgette (courgetti) etc

I found this forum during September and I’ve followed the highs & lows. Ive shared the struggles & jubilation! Could I join the October challenge please? This September I’ve gone from 149lb to 143lb today but to continue with some success id appreciate the support on this forum.

London Day 28

FD for me so had a bullet proof coffee for breakfast and I will decide later what to have for dinner. Maybe fishcakes or mushroom stroganoff!

Hope everyone had a good weekend and here is to the last week of the challenge!!

Day 26: Gloucestershire, UK: Non-fast day….because it’s my day off work today. Will fast tomorrow instead!
    Maui: Well done on your weight-loss this month. I bet you feel great.
    Coda: Hang on in there…you can start afresh ANY DAY.
    NothernDawn: You’ve lost the same amount of weight as me…just nudging two stone since the start of Coda’s May Challenge. People notice now, don’t they.

Hi Pissupoosa I bought one at a show for £10 and it is brilliant! I will look up the name of it and let you know 🙂

Ga/USA/Day 26/FD:

I am so thankful for this group its been a blast reading and seeing everyone support each other this month. I’d love to be apart of the October challenge. I’ve lost about 10 lbs. this month and I have a new goal set for October. The FD’s are getting easier, but let’s hope today I’m not so grumpy. LOL!

Sunshine Coast Aus Day 26: NFD: hi everyone. Just got back from choir practice and feeling as high as a kite😃🎼🎹🎶Decided to do NFD today instead of FD as I’m trying to get back to 5:2 and not be quite so strict while still limiting carbs and no sugar. I am feeling that vibe from some others and I also started to listen to Jason Fung again. Tomorrow is an FD and I’m looking forward to it.

Day 26 Australia NFD

US DAY 26 NFD

Last few days… I’m with you on limiting bad carbs and sugars.
    Pissupoosa.. I have the Paderno 4 blade that I bought from Amazon.

Hi JS1948 and Bajlish Rose… welcome to our forum. We are in the ending stages of the September Challenge. Fuvvie will be running the October one and will post a link soon I’m sure. You are welcome to hang out here till we all move over.

Have a great day all!

Day 26 USA(Illinois)

NFD today. Just finished a 36 hour liquid only from yesterday and am happy with my scale. It showed just .2# over my goal of 160#.

I have started telling people I plan to do a maintenance for October to see if I can keep this all off. I am happy with the weight loss but not the loose skin. Ugh. So keeping TDEE on the NFD’s will really be my issue. I have told people who learn about this diet, the NFD’s are the challenge (as we have agreed this month!) I expect that really to be the issue on maintenance especially.

Day 26|FD|Toronto
    After 3 “OK” but not fully mindful NFDs over a spectacular Fall weekend,lots of walking in the early Autumn sunshine, today is a FD with an added challenge of dinner at a friend’s home this evening.

After my coffee kicked in…
    Lael: Saw your post; maybe see your dentist and ask about a gum/bone infection…been there/done that and wished I had not delayed. Best wishes
    And..Exhale; I had never thought about investigating the physio tape for relief of plantar fasciitis and heel pain. Thank you! I have spent a small foutune on physiotherapy to no lasting avail.
    “My Lady of the Song”: the scone recipes are wonderful, now bookmarked for future use, maybe abuse.

Second post
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-31-day-october-challenge/

I think this is the link for the October challenge. I asked tech support how to do it and JJ sent me in the right direction Lots of people have found the thread, presumably from the Recent posts. Just clicking on it there will take you to it as well. We have 34 on the list so far. I’ll post the names on Friday so any I have missed out can let me know. Apologies in advance lol.

SongBirdMe, I belong to a community choir and we practise on a Monday night. A group of us from that choir meet on a Saturday or Sunday, and the delightful 77 year old Pianist and her wonderful 83 year old bass husband welcomed us into their home to learn solo/ group items which we then sing in an audition in front of the choir for solo/group spots between choir items in our May and October concerts. It is all a lot of fun, and the afternoon always finishes off with an afternoon tea that Helen cooks for us. It really is a lovely time. It is a very uplifting experience. We laugh a lot and enjoy each others company and singing. Learning the words is great from a brain exercise point of view as well.

I had better get to bed. Everyone else in the house is asleep, but I have been at this computer reading posts and adding names to the list of October challenge for the past 2 hours. JS48 and Bajlish Rose are on the list.

Day 26 NJUSA. NFD. On the ferry from Cape May New Jersey to Lewes Delaware looking forward to a great 5 days on the road. – have only had coffee and some water this morning looking forward to a lovely lunch I’m going to spend those calories in all the right places have a great day everybody stay strong

Thank you Fuvvie. Quite looking forward to it!

Day 26 USA NFD
    172.8 lb and happy I only went up .4 lb from yesterday- as 172.4 lb was after my FD.
    Ate dinner early, at 4pm last night as I had to be at work at 5pm. Straight to bed when I got home at 9:30pn so no food temptations. I’ve noticed good results on these 2 days i eat real early because of work schedule and then only water for rest of the night.
    Grateful if I can end Seotember with 5 lb weight loss. Thanks to all of you for making this possible with your encouraging posts. Looking forward to October challenge!

Day 26 Minnesota, USA NFD
    I will try to keep this day a low calorie, low carb day with healthy proteins and fats, and do a FD tomorrow and Thursday. Weight was up this morning as I predicted, by a little over two pounds. That’s my usual fluctuation: lowest weight on Saturday mornings, highest weight on Monday mornings after the weekend– when I allow myself some indulgences. I can easily live with such a WOL! Unless I go wildly out of control this week (which could happen, I must admit), I feel confident I will get to my goal of 140 at the end of challenge.
    Lael, my OH can only eat small amounts of tomato, OR strawberries, without getting sores. He could never eat the two together! so much acidity!
    Thanks Hannah for the congratulations.
    Ciren2, yes, I’ve received a few comments on my weight loss. It feels almost as good as being able to wear my old favorite jeans and other clothing items, and being conscious of how loose and comfortable they feel! No more staring into the closet and trying to guess which clothes I can squeeze into, let alone be comfortable in! I’m so grateful for finding 5:2 and this forum of wonderful, supportive people!
    Good luck everyone!

Surrey UK Day 26….slightly more focused today. Quick check in… I have been watching Neostaford’s quiet and steady downward movement…well done to you!

Day 26/NFD/USA.
    Walked 4 miles this morning.

Day 26 / FD / UK

Low carb gazpacho. Winner. 😀

Day 27 NFD NZ
    Just signed up to October, thanks Fuvvie.
    I’ve been staying away from the scales, my guide has always been a particular pair of ‘measuring pants’
    I haven’t worn them in years, even when they fit comfortably, but I keep them and they are my gold standard for my comfort zone. I’m far more concerned with my size than my weight if that makes sense, I just know that when they fit well I’ve been about 58kg. So the goal is to get there by Christmas.
    I’ll weigh in at the end of this week for the challenge but I’m really measuring my progress by these pants…which I tried on this week and they go all the way up!!!!!
    I can’t do them up/walk/sit/really breathe with them on 😂😂😂😂😂 but they go over my shrinking hips which they haven’t done since Christmas last year so this is working and I’m grateful to you all for helping me stick with it.
    It’s brilliant to read everyone’s posts with such positive notes as we near the end of the month, keep it up everyone, no matter what your scales say there are so many good things to come from 5:2

northerndawn

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! such an inspiration x

anna6- i love gozo !!!!! i know it well x

US, Day 26, FD. Today I chopped up some Japanese pickled daikon for my lunchtime miso. Nice crunch.

Roast cod and tomatoes for dinner, though I may lose it all watching the presidential debate.

why is it when you press ‘reply’ it doesnt mention the name of the person you are replying to. it means to get the person to read your congratulations they have to read the thread every single day right thru!

Hi back to he future. Re the late night snacking perhaps take a cup of raw celery and carrot sticks or snow peas or something similar, with you when you sit down after dinner. That way you will have a healthy snack there in case you do want something. Then stage 2 can be about lowering the portion or cutting it out all together. Xx

Australia Day 27 NFD I have only an hour to go of my 36 hour fast. It went really well including an hour at the gym. Today will be all about staying within my TDEE and getting in at least a 45 minute walk. My third goal – and I can’t believe I am posting this publicly – will be not to drink tonight. This has been a bad year and I have definitely been drinking too much to compensate. That stops today. Like the food and the exercise – everything in moderation! Have a great day all!

Whyamisoshy I find that frustrating too. I wish I could ‘like’ comments.

Sorry Pisspoosa, I should read and not skim…..I had a chuckle though.

My new Scales have arrived and the numbers are beautiful, thanks for the recommendation DebbieQ.

HannahWatto, check out Hello Sunday Morning, I started with a 3 mth challenge there last year and kept going.

Success and my best to you all for the remainder of September. VP

Viewing 50 posts - 1,201 through 1,250 (of 1,414 total)

You must be logged in to reply.