September Challenge

This topic contains 1,413 replies, has 92 voices, and was last updated by  Minka 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,151 through 1,200 (of 1,414 total)

• Sunshine Coast Aus Day 24: FD: looks like I’ve lost a day. No Day 23 entry. Sorry DebbieQ. Wish I could say the same about the weight. Yesterday was supposed to be an FD but I just seem to have misplaced my determination and drive. September seems to be the month where I’ve tried to eat all the different foods that I know, intellectually, that my body doesn’t handle well but that I must feel on some level, that I’m missing out on. Result? All I’m missing out on is the thrill of seeing the weight going down and the cms decreasing. I was so strict with good outcomes as a result for the first 4 months. Talk about pride going before a fall. There has been so much positive support on this thread. Have to gird my loins for October. Still 6 days to go before then. Had better start looking at how to get that thread going. Will see this FD through. Have been feeling off colour today and lying down this afternoon. Keep up the good work everyone. Stay true and results will come. Big hugs.

Hello again. Grammaspice, I have put up the October challenge which is the 31Day October challenge. Day 1 will be the first of October. I didn’t want to intrude on September too early. I’m hoping this will be my best week of the challenge. I started at 106jgs and my weight has been all over the place with only 200gms down this morning. I’ve tried the carbs on for size this past week and have reinforced what I already knew: they are not for me. All these little side journeys are important though. One continues to learn new things about oneself. I’m trying to turn around the behaviours, attitudes and beliefs that I have held, learned and spruked for the past 45 years ( that’s allowing for the first 22 years to be perfect haha). I believe in this way of eating. The old ways are trying to creep back in but these challenges and the wonderful people contributing to them are keeping me going. Would Mt Everest be this tough? You will get me through this week and I will try and help you all to get through next month. I will go and set up that spreadsheet now. Go 5:2ers๐Ÿค—๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ˜˜

Day 24 – Switzerland – NFD
    After wombling on about FDs and how straightforward I found them, yesterday’s was a torment – headache, hunger, grumpiness – which I dealt with by avoiding everyone and going to bed at 8pm! Feel much better now I’ve had a sustaining breakfast.
    Forgot to weigh on Thursday – I’m 90kg on the nail (post-breakfast weight!) which is 2.7kgs less than 1 September.
    Have a lovely weekend everyone!

UK day 24 – NFD…struggling to keep off the chocolate – not so far today, of course, it’s only 7 in the morning, but yesterday and Thursday evening. I think we’ll be eating out today, so need to try and stick to either soups or salads and avoid chips…so hard!

Day 24 Italy – NFD
    Yesterday had an aperitivo with a few crisps, a lovely lunch at a fish restaurant with 2 glasses of wine and an ice cream in the afternoon. But i skipped dinner as i just wasn’t hungry, surprisingly my mum and sister followed suite!
    I’m so curious to weigh in on Tuesday, i think i have contained myself quite well while still enjoying myself and not holding back too much.

Day 24 / Tweed Coast Australia / FD

This morning at start of fast the scales registered weight within 200 grams of my all time low so am happy with what transpired over the past 4 NFDs in a row.

I’ll say again that this challenge has taken me to a new level with 5:2 and my health. The focus on NFD awareness has been key for me. That’s where I’d needed to start looking, so I appreciate the support and encouragement from this month’s challenge theme!

Surrey UK Day 24 Very busy weekend ahead…just touching base..

Second quick post…..Fuvvie you’re a star! Please count me in, I hope to contribute a bit more. Isn’t one supposed to get less busy the older you get? Well it’s not happening…

Day 24, Australia, FD

Intended on doing a liquid only fast today and it was for 20 hours, then I went to my vege garden and my delicious fresh produce was too hard to resist…brocolini, broad beans, spinach, fennel, parsley, Rosemary, mint and Beetroot. I use the Beetroot leaves in place of lettuce and I cook the stems and steam the beets…all very yum and all eliminations are a delightful pink!!

Hope everyone is digging deep and giving their best to the last few days of the challenge….wishing you all success. VP

UK day 24 NFD Feeling a bit emotional just dropped my youngest son off at Uni, we are now empty nesters, will need to exert a bit of will power over weekend to ensure don’t go too astray ,trying to stay positive and looking forward to our October challenge

Day 24 Australia NFD
    Just checking in quickly. Traveled for a big part of the day. Kids were tired and grumpy from a very busy term at school and from everything else they do. Really hoping to be able to do this week well but not 100% sure how much fasting I’ll be able to do. Will do my best. Also want to enjoy the holiday and not worry too much so hopefully I can have a balance between the two!
    Good job everyone and good luck.

Day 24|NFD|Toronto
    Less than stellar NFD yesterday,stayed just under TDEE so quantity was acceptable but the quality left much to be considered.

Day 24: Cotswolds, Gloucestershire, UK: Hoping it’s a Fast-Day….got to stay strong and purposeful today after a few failures recently.
    Luckily I’m still (more or less) at my precious goal-weight.
    Fuvvie, can you put me down for October please? I need to stay on these challenges. Committing to my health in this way is a good thing to do. Thanks for taking up the baton.

Day 23: Pacific NW USA, FD, going for 45 hour fast. We’ll eat an early dinner Saturday after last meal Thursday night. Lost my last post evidently so will catch up with you all later!

Day 24/NFD/Walked 4 miles this morning. Samoan BBQ this afternoon. Stay strong!

Day 24 USA (Illinois)

NFD today, in fact eating up leftovers. I made a simple apple coffee cake for our house guests we had overnight who were up early and out of here. Made it to the funeral, and smartly did not stay for the luncheon. I am sure I would have overeaten. Dinner out last night was a nice salad, a few cheese curds for appetizer, then salmon in basil cream sauce and 1/2 baked potato. I brought home about 1/2 of the entree too.

Fuvvie – I plan to join the October challenge although I pray by then I am at maintenance level. I feel for you getting stuck back in old eating habits! UGH! Hang in there, girlfriend, and you’ll be back on track soon.

Back2 – wow, you’re pumped for a 45 hour fast?! I am impressed!

BrightonBelle – being empty nesters for us was a very nice stage. I found that after 4 kids, I was ready to have the freedom that afforded. My best to you.

Gozo, Malta

Yesterday I went out with two of my sister in laws to celebrate a birthday foe one of them and ended up having a thick bruschetta with no cheese, calamari with potatoes and veg and a delicious cheesecake. The scale registered 0.6 kilos more than Friday this morning. However today I stayed below TDEE and I hope to weigh down until next Friday.

Tomorrow is another nfd. On weekends I don’t fast but I hope to stay within my TDEE tomorrow which is going to be difficult as I have planned a three course meal for us tomorrow. My two younger daughters with their husbands and children are coming tomorrow. My eldest daughter went back home to Malta today so I’ll only have one grandson to babysit next week. One of my daughters got transferred to Gozo hospital last Thursday so it will be less hours to babysit since she has only a seven minute drive to Gozo competed to one hour and a half to go o Malta hospital.

Good luck everyone fasting or otherwise. Good night.

Day 24 Edinburgh UK.

Fuvvie please count me in for October.

September started off so well!!

But this last week has a slippery slide into old habits, it’s actually quite scary how easy it is to do.

I know that for the sake of my health I must get back on track. I’ll be bappy to be the weight I started at the beginning of Sept.

But being brutally honest with myself I also said that towards the the end of the August challenge!. So I really have to give myself a good talking to, read Dr Mโ€™s book again and get back to basics.

Im just so thankful for this thread. Good luck to those who are struggling, we can do this wol!

Well done to so many who have achieved a weight loss during this September!

Day 24. NJ USA NFD. CRAZY DAY. But I am here working the program.

Day 24: Pacific NW USA, b2b FD, at about 42 hours as I write this.

Yes, SongBird, I’m pumped to see if I can get over my first no weight loss week since I started 5:2. This has been a very busy week at work and getting busier, I’m waking too early every day, like Minois, thinking about work. I know that stress and too little sleep sabotage weight loss. Never one to give up, though, I’m continuing HIIT on my bike 2-3 times a week and walks the other days. I feel sleepy but fine as per this b2b fast so far today. We’ll have some delicious fish broth, fresh veg, shrimp and pickled veg for an early dinner to break my fast. The reason – to try to get on down into the 170’s by the end of the week and our September challenge! If I don’t quite make it I still know I will be closer than if I hadn’t tried!

Rocy/Fuvvie – yes, talking about refined carbs and sugar, I’ve had your same reaction, and I’ve read that they leave us feeling hungrier than if we hadn’t eaten them. Dr M and F have the details but here’s something from Dr F’s web site: https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/good-carbohydrates-bad-carbohydrates-hormonal-obesity-xv/

Moecho – welcome to our cyber support group!

SongBird – thanks for the scone recipes that I finally saw when I caught up on the last 4(!) pages.

d.m.w- I hope by now that window is fixed or you’ve given it the punishment it deserved (Ha!). And try to remember to – BREATHE!

Itsmyturn – you’ve already made the goal I’m hoping to get to by the end of the month – wow, 10 lbs already! Congrats! And did anyone answer your question yet? LCHF means Low Carb, Healthy Fat diet. Or what I mean when I interpret it which is low consumption of refined carbs and sugars, lots of varied vegetables, not adverse to including natural, unprocessed fats and oils including grass fed animal meat and eggs.

August – as one of your American cousins, I can say I’m also anticipating my first holiday season on LCHF starting with our traditional high carb Thanksgiving in November. Do I cook the normal and poison my family (Ha!)? I can easily choose the healthy turkey breast meat and side veg myself and set an example but I have to tell you my stuffing is good enough to win awards!

And Brighton – sorry about the empty nest but I can guarantee you that they still need you. Now it’s your turn to think about you and have fun!

2nd post. – Fuvvie. Please add me to the October spreadsheet . Loving these Daily Posts and looking forward to another month. Thanks for doing this

US, Day 24…NFD. 120.8. Not losing, but not gaining. 30 minutes of weight training, 2 hours of MELT>

Fabulous dinner of clams and chorizo stew.

Day 24 USA FD
    Hanging in there.

Day 24/PA, USA/NFD

Day 24 Minnesota, USA NFD
    My weight this morning was 141 lbs, (64k) which is one pound over my goal weight, and about 3-4 pounds less than Sep.1. It’s been a crazy month of ups and downs for me.
    So, all of you new people, don’t get discouraged when your weight goes up and down. It will track lower over time if you stick with this, I guarantee you!
    I have not had time to read any posts. I will do that tomorrow and I hope I can respond personally, but if not, I just want everyone to know, as others have posted, that I love all of the posts, and I really cherish the international bent of this thread, and also the many opinions expressed. I absolutely love it! It has kept me inspired since May 1st!!
    God Bless all of you!!! Good luck to everyone!

Sunshine Coast Aus Day 25, NFD: My FD yesterday was very successful, 38 hours water, several cups of tea and coffee with cream twice. Finding I am losing my taste for coffee. It was an easier day. Today have eaten nuts (yes, can’t get away from them but they really fill me up. Who wouldn’t be sick of them after 3 hands full.???), Avocado, cottage cheese, ham and hellfire relish for lunch. Now off to singing practice where there is always a massive afternoon tea. Will watch myself. Want to get under 104.9 kgs, which was my weigh in this morning, by the end of the challenge.I’m exactly 19kgs less than I was on 26th April. Must go. Will try to be more responsive to what people are writing over the next few days, and certainly in October.

Croatia, Day 25, NFD
    Weight: 76.6 Kg

UK day 25 – today is probably a FD…depending on how sharp my brain feels by the back end of the afternoon, when I have something I need to feel on top of.
    Yesterday’s NFD was pretty restrained, and this morning’s weigh in showed a 1pound loss, so feeling not too bad!

Day 25 – Switzerland – NFD
    Beautiful morning, going to spend it tidying the garden. Positive vibes to all!

Day 25 Italy – FD
    Going to try a Fast Day even with guests here in an attempt to get another little loss in before the end of the month. Gave in to a pudding yesterday, my mum pushing me (dmw will understand that!) and it was nice but left me with a sicky sweet sensation that was quite unpleasant. I’m hoping this will serve me on the run up until Christmas, especially as puddings never quite seem to live up to expectations.
    Well done lael on keeping the thread clean – appreciate that. If you are genuine Vivilee i’m sure you will be most welcome, will look forward to your daily posts ๐Ÿ˜‰

Day 25, Australia. FD

It turned into a 500 cal fast day because at 2pm I realised I hadn’t eaten from 6pm the night before….that was a great bonus I can tell you! I ate because I have a pt session early tomorrow morning and I get the wobbles at the gym if I haven’t eaten in about 14 hours…..a bit embarrassing if I keeled over amidst the kettle bells!
    Fuvvie I love nuts in a salad..yum.
    NorthernDawn, you are on fire, good work.

Stay strong folks, just 3 mths to Christmas and if you dig deep today you’ll be feeling proud of yourself when Santa comes.

GA/USA/NFD/ Day 24:

Going to go workout this morning.

DAy 25 NZ NFD
    Pretty relaxed 3 NFDs in a row. Looking forward to a fast day tomorrow but have the kids home on school holidays which puts food front and centre all day.
    Could be an extra challenge but i will aim for liquids only until dinner time-it’s only one day and surely I can do anything for just one day.

UK day 25 NFD Decided I’m going to be more positive today OK I haven’t lost any weight in the September challenge but I haven’t put any on and I’m still a good stone less than when I started this journey back in May so I’m celebrating that and at least I know what I need to do during October and maybe staying steady for a little while is no bad thing ? Going to spend an hour or so catching up this afternoon as I’ve not been able to have a good read of the thread for a few day,wishing all a happy lat week of this challenge x

Day 25 / Aussie in Asia / NFD

Checking in quickly to help focus for tomorrow’s FD.

Keep being fab everyone

US Day 24/25 hoping for a FD

Sorry I didn’t get to check in yesterday. Feeling under the weather but better this morning.
    Thanks Lael and HollyJ.. We’ve been very fortunate since May to keep our threads clear of advertising.

Have a good Sunday all!

Day 25 USA (Illinois)

FD for me today. I am going to try to do a 36 hour liquid only.

I haven’t fasted since Tuesday, and I was sure to see the scale unfriendly. BUT not so! I am down to 160.8 which is amazing to me. So since March 15 when I started 5:2 I have lost nearly 27 pounds. I wish I had started using the tracker that first 6 weeks to see how it has all gone, but since May 10 when I began using it, I am down 15. Hallelujah! Yes, the overall trend on that line graph is what matters, not the individual up and down days.

Fuvvie – what is your singing practice? I am a musician (choir director, piano and voice teacher, retired from school teaching). We only have one social with food during each ‘season’ of choral concert rehearsing. I cannot imagine if we had food every week. Ugh. Our Choral Society does 3 concerts per year – I direct it and choose the music. We begin our Advent season this Monday.

Surrey UK Day 25 I found myself giving in to an attitude of ‘Oh well, I’ve stuffed up this month anyway, so might as well just give in to old ways’…and this feeling is so stale and old. Between today and tomorrow I am going to make the time to sit here in front of this computer and regroup, and be reminded of the very lovely feeling of dropping the heaviness of mind which accompanies the heaviness of weight.
    I started this on the 27th May, so I am going to think this through carefully, noticing that quite a few of us are hitting stumbling blocks of one kind and another, and the freedom of posting on this forum and being honest and open about what we are experiencing, I think has made it possible for many of us to hang in there a lot longer than if we were on our own, and our support for each other has been immensely valuable. Thank you all, I salute you!

Day 25 / Tweed Coast Australia / NFD

Hit a new low after yesterday’s FD. ‘Goal pants’ fitting that little bit better, though still not quite there yet with them, so not ready for maintenance and am happy I fasted yesterday.

London Day 25
    Sorry Debbie I didn’t post on Friday or Saturday! Anyway the scales are down by 2lbs whoop whoop so happy with that. Want to lose another 2 before the end of the month if possible.

Off for a late Sunday lunch in the sun ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Day 25 Australia NFD
    Busy holiday day with the kids, hubby and MIL. Just quickly posting before I sleep. Won’t be able to do normal fast tomorrow. Good luck everyone who is.

Day. 25. NJ USA NFD. Extremely busy weekend getting ready for a five-day road trip to our winter home in Florida and just trying to get the house closed up car packed etc etc – unfortunately stuff just keeps popping up and I know I’ll get there and have forgotten one of the most important things. I will say the 5:3 challenge will not be something I forget! I plan to be right there through October thank you so much Furtive and Debbie Q. It has been a great ride this month and can’t wait to continue it have a great day everyone – stay strong

Gozo,Malta

On weekends I don’t fast. Today had coffee with emi skimmed milk in the morning. Then lunch with the family was bruschetta with caramelised onions and mazzorella followed by spicy chicken leg, roasted peppers and roasted potatoes and then dessert was almond and polenta cake which I made this morning ( a recipe of Mary Berry) plus about three teaspoons of a chocolate cake which I bought in case I didn’t have time to make the almond cake this morning. With this I had one glass of red sparkling wine.

This evening I’ll eat something light I hope and stay out of the kitchen and go to the bedroom early.

Tomorrow our son starts school and my grand daughter starts pre kinder on 3 October.

Fuvvie thanks for taking up the challenge for October and please count me in. DebbieQ thanks for this challenge.

According to scale I need to lose 4.2 kilos to reach my target weight of 64 kilos. I’ve been increasing in weight this past nine days. I hope I’ll lose some weigh by next Friday.

Love reading all posts. Keep on track everyone. Have a great Sunday.

Day 25: Gloucestershire, UK: Non-fast day. I succeeded with a 35-hour water-only fast yesterday….after a stumble on Thursday….so back on track. My weight is stable, I’m still at goal weight (the morning after, anyway…) so a little bit over on other days, no doubt. I wish I could lose just a few more pounds to stay just below my target weight…but, hey, I’m not complaining. It’s a learning curve on how to maintain.
    NorthernDawn: Congratulations, you’re SO nearly there!

Day 25/USA/FD. I’ve had my mother in law here since Sept 12. She is a lovely woman, not demanding and no trouble at all but I still feel like I need to fix her meals, etc. So it’s been a bit more difficult to stay on task. She hardly eats anything but she knows when she is hungry and she doesn’t eat when she is not hungry. She might eat a big breakfast but then she doesn’t feel she needs to eat anything the rest of the day if she doesn’t feel hungry. I hope I am able to listen to my body soon and be able to refrain from eating if I’m not hungry. Usually, I eat because something is so yummy and it is there for the taking. At least now I know I can be healthy if I cut my calories drastically. (actually be MORE healthy by cutting calories!) I like the hungry, growling feeling in my stomach. It tells me I am losing weight and not over indulging. Five more days then bring it on October!

Day 25 NFD
    172.4 lbs after FD – this is my lowest weight in September – down 5.4 lbs but I know it will be up if I eat today. Maybe I’ll wait till after next FD to weigh as I know many do here. The up and down weight is hard to deal with even though it’s normal on this journey. My first goal is to get below 170 – it’s been so many years! I won’t make it by Seot 29th which was my goal for our 50th anniversary but October could well be the month – even with a 8 day vacation at a fancy hotel with mostly restaurant meals.
    Our sons are arriving Tuesday to spend a week at home with us-lots of cooking but thankfully they like to eat healthy- they love my chopped salad with sauerkraut. Theiy both are watching their weight too so I know they will he supportive. Going on an excursion today with a friend to buy local cage free eggs and avocados plus a distant healthy grocery that I love. Getting stocked up with lots of healthy choices before the sons arrive in 48 hours. May we all stay strong and focused! Trying to realize life’s most enjoyable moments don’t always have to be centered around food! Just coming to realize this important point. Everyday is a gift.

Day 25|NFD|Toronto
    Not so great a NFD from quantity point of view yesterday but lots of walking and fresh air. Perfect fall day today motivated me to take an “epic” long walk through the city. Gave into the temptation of a wonderful fresh baked croissant as my reward!
    Best regards

Day 25 / NFD / UK

Missed a few days – sorry. NFDs gone okay, with the exception of a whole bottle of red wine last night. Oops. Looking forward to a good final week to this challenge.

Day 25 Edinburgh UK

NFD today.

Thanks back2thefuture really interesting link.

Day 26 FD NZ
    Please count me in to the October challenge.
    I’m slightly concerned about FD with kids at home so the first thing I did was check in here, I get so much benefit from the support and sharing the journey. I need to stay with the next challenge to keep me on track.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,151 through 1,200 (of 1,414 total)

You must be logged in to reply.