September 2018 – Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
September 2018 – Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 1,071 replies, has 74 voices, and was last updated by  FasterJo 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 901 through 950 (of 1,074 total)

• My poor car is lying in the garage, sick! It finally passed it’s MOT only for the key to get stuck fast in the ignition when I got it home! The man from the garage eventually managed to start the engine so he could follow me back to the garage where it now needs a new ignition assembly. My poor car is nearly 18 years old with 121,000 miles on the clock! Good job I’m on holiday this week and don’t need it…
    @dingping: The van is only used to carry the mail…all the rest is walking, after parking up here and there.

Day 25, UK, NFD

Scales showed .3kg up this morning. I know its not much but its frustrating 😡 . I know I had lots of chocolates on Sunday, but I also fasted on Monday, so c’mon! 😡
    Sorry I’m negative guys, I’m very frustrated at the moment.
    We carry on ….

Have a good day/evening everyone ❤

Day 25 – Eastern WA USA – FD

Pocket list for Day 25-

@kerryn73
    @ccco
    @bellyblast
    @annemarilyn

Going for a FD with just one meal in the afternoon.

@kerryn73 – I agree that a loss is a loss no matter how small & they do add up. Slow & steady wins the race!

@flourbaby – love it – a tortoise with a limp in the slow lane 🙂

@dingping – how lovely to facilitate such a special time for your OH & DS. It lifts the spirits.

@michelinme – glad you’re feeling better. For me, the more I fast the colder I get; especially my hands. I need to get creative at keeping warm because the weight loss is worth it.

@songbirdme – yes, you’re keeping plenty busy in “retirement”. My part time job is getting figured out. It looks like I’ll be having 13 students in my field supervision this 1/4. On the music front, I think I want to explore what my new city offers in the choral front. Hearing you talk of your choral society makes me wonder what’s available here. Music adds so much to life.

Glad we’re on this journey together!

Day 25 second post

Been really chilly all day – I was so cold I was going outside to warm up! Not sure what it is – perhaps bc fasting, “my clothes are too baggy”, or a “skinny people feel the cold” thing. Anyone else have a problem keeping warm when losing weight?

My 20yo little oil-filled radiator finally gave up the ghost at the weekend, nearly 20 yo. Today the boiler had its annual service and it seems the central heating isn’t working at all. It’s 14yo which is apparently quite old for a modern boiler but they’ve run out of ways to keep fixing it up. The surveyor’s coming tomorrow and – all things going well – I’ll have a new boiler early next week. I’m definitely a ” make a hot water bottle/put another layer on”sort of person, but be glad to have it sorted before the coldest weather kicks in

I took a chunk of today to do some sorting, beginning with clearing out the wardrobe and sorting through cold weather clothes. I’ve been more ruthless this time round! Some have gone to the charity shop or particular new homes, only a few made it to the wardrobe but there’s a small pile to try on and a slightly bigger pile to wash. At least I know what I’m starting with!

I’ve also changed up how I plan my project work, moving it from project-based to daily priorities. It feels so much easier to have a work list for each day rather than working on a project at a time. Hoping that mixing it up will also make for more interesting days – I’ve included home, health & social things to balance the days. It’s taken time to sort through but worth it! Looking forward to seeing how it works, especially alongside a new morning routine. too.

@matpi yes to FDs as an oasis! Good luck with everything around the house move – hope you can do things at a pace that works for you.

@kerryn73 downwards works, whatever the speed! Congratulations on your pre-FD low 🙂

@flourbaby yay to sleep! and yay to MO! I found I slept much more deeply with a few drops of lavender oil in it this time round…

@dingping for me sugar is like booze for leading me to make poor choices – I think I may have a brain that’s v easily led astray 🙁

@snowflake56 wow to that dress! So sorry it’s not working for you now, and hope you find something that makes you feel really good 🙂

@beedoo @bellyblast @dingping thank you – I definitely feel better after a rebalanced day or two; self-care transforms everything, and I always forget 🙂 x

@sarahbob hormones are a mare, hope yours settle soon xx

@bellyblast i find i’m eating far less food after 10 months on this WOL. My veg & fruit consumption is way up to c75% of my diet. Protein is about the same but much healthier – more vegan, nuts, pulses, or eggs/dairy but v little processed food. Sugar & carb both way down. It’s not planned but just sort of flowed bc that’s what my body seems to thrive on – as opposed to my brain cravings 🙂

@debster251 welcome back! Hope it’s not too much of a shock after your lovely holiday

Off to eat my OMAD – baked sweet pot, vegan mince with peas & mushrooms & steamed cauliflower with a little strong cheddar -Yum 🙂

Day 25, Gozo, Malta, nfd

Today I weighed at 68.5 kilos I’m up from yesterday but hope it’s just fluid retention.

Bellyblast thanks for your interest in my recipes.

For lunch today I prepared a scented fish salad. I marinated the skinned 3 cm fish pieces in a mixture of extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, ground cumin, ground cariandor, chili liquid and seasoning and left it to marinate for an hour. Then I prepared the salad with shredded lettuce, cucumber pieces, halved grape tomatoes, sliced scallions, and pieces of mango with a dressing made of extra virgin olive oil, creamed coconut. Lemon juice (and should have used lemon zest too but I didn’t have a lemon), ground cumin, chili liquid (I used it instead of sliced chili) and seasoning. I mixed the salad with the dressing then cooked in a frying pan the fish and served it warm on top of the salad.

I prepared also stuffed mushroom quails. I made the stuffing with extra Virgin olive oil, scallions, mushrooms which I cooked on hop then added breadcrumbs, seasoning and a beaten egg. I stuffed the boneless quails with the mushroom filling and secured with a toothpick. I then heated sone extra Virgin olive oil (instead of butter) and one tablespoon orange ( instead of lime marmalade) marmalade and brushed the stuffed quails with the warm marmalade mixture. I prepared slices of aubergine, zucchini and red peppers in an oven dish and drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and seasoning. I served the veg with the stuffed quails and a sauce on the quails made by chicken stock, creme fraiche, lemon juice and seasoning after letting it simmer and reduce on a low burner.

This afternoon I went with three of my grandkids to a birthday 🎁 party and stayed with them instead of their mothers as one daughter was sick and the other needed to study for an exam. Needless to say I ate party food on offer and had a piece of cake. I came home cooked the stuffed quails and veg and ate one half portion I served the others to see how the stuffed boneless quails tasted like I said to myself. So instead of a fast or controlled day today came out as a nfd.

Tomorrow I want to fast.

Have a great evening/night everyone. Keep on keeping on.

Day 26 NSW Australia NFD
    Hi everyone, just checking in.
    I hope you all have a wonderful day!
    Enjoy whatever you are getting up to and bye for now xx

USA Day 25 FD
    Second Post

The kitchen is closed for the day! I had a successful FD despite the fact that I had a small brownie at my book club! Anyway, it still added up to very few calories. Tomorrow I am going to fast again! Hope everyone had a great day! 🙂

Day 26 – Melbourne AUS – FD

Feeling a bit all over the shop today, little bit anxious and lacking focus, and in no way mentally prepared for the FD which I moved forward from my normal thursday.

Caught up on posts which has given me a bit of extra encouragement and support – thanks all 🙂

Will focus on having lots of water and herbal tea, focus on hydration, and was thinking in way of compromise to myself make it a MFD at 600cal to add a bigger snack in during the day before dinner tonight.

We’ll see. Have a physio appointment at 12 so that will keep my mind off food…for now!

Happy fasting everyone!

Day 26 Pocket List:
    @gretta

Day 25, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Off to Qigong!😊😊😊

Day 25 Minnesota, USA CD
    Day 24, could’t keep to the FD, and only just barely under TDEE. Oh well. Moving on.
    I believe I’ll try for B2B FD’s tomorrow and Thursday. Adding myself to:

Day 26 Pocket List:
    @gretta
    @northerndawn

Day 26, Finland, NFD

Totally ruined my ‘FD’ yesterday by finding a packet of chocolate oat balls….which does not exist anymore. While just scraping into TDEE I was so far away from fasting calories. Oh well…..CD today, food plans bring me well under TDEE, and a couple of night shifts coming which reduces my eating. I will fit in one more FD before end of the month.

Good luck for the day everyone.

Day 26, Emden Germany, NFD

@diana123 I’m sorry you’re having such a difficult time, please don’t forget to take care of yourself.

@bert1802 we don’t have a real wedding season overhere, so a wedding is November is quite normal. We married in December.

@merryapple I think you’ll have much more decluttering to do than me, why do some husbands want to keep everything they have never used or will ever use again? But to be fair I buy clothes I know I won’t ever wear, just because they are so beautiful or well made.

@beedoo thanks for the chicken recipe, sounds very good.

@songbirdme it’s good to keep busy, it keep the mind alert. Is the museum open already?

@matpi we love moving house but hate the selling procedure, when the moving plans get real it suddenly scares me. This phase passes when we find a house that will suit us.

@dingping yes, 3 FD this week. I had to look up the Morgan 3 Wheeler, so small and so fast, that makes men happy. Did they had caps and goggles on?
    Didn’t you put an offer in on a house a while ago?

Thanks to all you lovely people for the comments on my dress. Isn’t it a pity we can’t put pictures in here? I sent pictures of me in the dress to 2 friends, one of them met my DH’s family a few times. Both agreed the dress doesn’t fit well, too large on every part of the body and too sexy to wear to a wedding in this conservative family. I then sent a picture at the bride’s sister, she mailed me back: ” Great dress but you’re showing too much skin, you can’t wear a bra underneath, don’t you have a dress with sleeves?” I don’t need a bra because I have implants, small ones, they are kind of stapled. The dress can’t be altered because of the way it is made, it has 24 velvet covered buttons on the left side, the last one sits mid hip. When I bought the dress 7 years ago (the plan was to wear it at a Chistmas ball) it was a tad tight so I decided not to wear it. It is back in the wardrobe again and I’ll be wearing an aubergine colored dress with sleeves to the wedding, nice and decent but boring. But it will be fun whatever I wear.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 26 London UK FD

My NFD went so off track yesterday that I stopped logging what I was eating! Let’s just say there was honeycomb, bread, chocolate and ice cream involved! Definitely in need of a FD today as I feel a bit yuck. It all sits on my midsection which is my problem area anyway. Urgh. (But it was all so delicious!!)

I’m going to visit a girlfriend in Denmark for the weekend. She recently moved to Copenhagen with her husband and two small children (age 3 and 1). A fleeting visit from Friday to Sunday, without my husband and toddler. There will be carbs and wine aplenty so I’m hoping to set myself up with a couple of well behaved days ahead of it. Very excited as I’ve never been to any part of Scandinavia.

I get back on the afternoon of 30th for one final 30DS workout to end the month! Can’t believe how quickly Sept has gone by. @sarahbob DVD player will come in very handy and I won’t have to hog the tv in the living room now! Looking forward to getting through Ripped in 30 with you. Let’s banish that mum-tum together!

Day 26 UK CD
    Bouncing around the end of one weight range and beginning of another! Can’t quite stay in the lower range…. arrrrrrgh!!! Hopefully this weeks FD’s will push me firmly in the right direction.
    I’m keeping carrying on….

Day 26 – France – NFD

Yesterday’s B2B 2nd FD went a tiny bit off the rails in the evening as I made an Asian stir fry with veggies, beef and noodles in satay sauce, and a lovely baked squash, then had some yummy French cheese afterwards. So the scale did not really move downwards after that meal. 🙂

I find B2B go well for me until dinnertime, I have a strong tendency to go above the 500 calories on the 2nd day. I don’t think I will do them anymore.

@beedoo enjoy Copenhagen! And the wine and the carbs! 🙂 You can always fit more FD in afterwards. The good thing about this WOE is its flexibility.

Day 26, London, UK, FD

Well refreshed but clearly lost the plot yesterday ……………………………….. it was day 25, not 24!!!

@beedoo, I love curries, chilli’s, lasagne and all that other comforting stuff particularly if it has cheese as an ingredient; but I tend to save all that for the weekends!!! FDs are usually soup fuelled, I either buy New Covent garden soups especially when they’re on offer (Currently ½ price in Tesco’s) or make my own from whatever I find in the fridge or ……………………….

https://newcoventgardensoup.com/recipes-we-love/categories/all-recipes/

Having fallen off of the fasting wagon a couple of times (ok, more than a couple!!) the trick is not to have a house full of crap, if your FD turns into a NFD because of nutritious fruit, veg, cheese, protein or nuts, it’s not soooo bad, when it’s because of the dreaded bread, wine gums, chocolate, crisps, wine or biscuits, then that’s when I wish I was flexible enough to kick my own a*se!!!!!!!! I’m in the process of emptying the cupboards ……………. Again ………………. because a) I love a bargain and the crap is always cheaper; b) I have no willpower and c) I want to get into the habit of ‘healthy snacking’, because I know I WILL snack again in the future …………… it will all be in the planning!!!!

Happy Birthday @annemarilyn!!!! I guess it’ll be a NFD – ENJOY!!!! …………………. will there be cake and wine and chocolates, maybe hot buttered toast for breakfast in bed and a boozy meal out for dinner??? ……….…………………….. maybe that’s just me living vicariously through you, only 5 long months to go for me!!!!!

Stay strong people ………………………..

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” – Beverly Sills

Day 26 Belfast FD

While I was on holiday, I wore a bikini for the first time in at lease 25 years and felt good about it. Although I was among the thinner ladies at the pool, I was still aware that I have a tummy, so I’m going to zap that ‘HP moustache’. My weight this morning is 2lbs above my highest desirable weight so that is going before the end of the month. Pilates yesterday, and today I’m re-starting my planks à la @at (hope all is well with you @at. It’s been quite a while)
    @ciren2 – hope you get your car sorted soon.
    @shinything – stay strong!
    @beedoo – have a great trip!
    @flourbaby – great recipes, and BTW great lamb at Goya!

Day 26 Pocket List:
    @gretta
    @northerndawn
    @beedoo
    @flourbaby
    @debster251

Every day is an opportunity to start again and be better – Misty Copeland principal ballerina

Second post

Here’s the link to next month’s challenge.
    Spreadsheet to follow

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/october-2018-monthly-challenge/

2nd post

How bizarre I didn’t see earlier posts this am!

@snowflake56 – Shame about the beautiful dress, at least you can comfort yourself that ‘it’s’ too large!
    No goggles but they looked cool in sunglasses and smiles!
    Re: house, we nearly bought in the beautiful wilds of north Wales this summer but for many reasons we didn’t. Been looking since… OH’s week means it’s not too difficult for him to spend his working week in London and his normal 3 day w’end in the country.
    I’m doing B2B2B starting tomorrow, I’ll join you then.

@ciren2 – good luck with the car, we have an old faithful family car that has over 120,000 miles on the clock that we pray each year will get through another year.

@flourbaby – I can’t cope with a house of crap, OH won’t let me throw it away, it has to be eaten, so I do!!!

@beedoo – have fun with your mini escape.

@michelinme – sugar, food cocaine!

@annemarilyn & @beedoo – it was so joyful, best paid for gift to my guys ever!

@debster251 – So pleased you enjoyed your hols and are right back on it and WOW, next months challenge! Where did September go??? So much I need to cram in before the month is out, rocket firmly put under…. thanks.

Have a nice day.

Ta x

Day 26…….Florida…….FD

Yesterday wasn’t to bad, I’m sure I was over my TDEE but I did stay with in my projected fasting times. I’m also a soda/pop/fizzy drink depending on where you live drinker, well, when I jumped back on the wagon. I decided to limit myself to one at lunch and one at dinner. Plus, I tend to drink them slowly, so if I’m not done with it by 7:30pm, I chuck it and move on to water. I think that’s helped too!

@snowflake……. my hubby and I married in Dec., as well, but we did not have a big fancy wedding. Actually, funny story, we had traveled to Fl. in Nov. that year to get married on the beach. But when we arrive, my husband forgot his wallet. The won’t marry you, if you don’t have ID so we went home. Then on Dec. 30th, the hubby said you want to get married today. I said sure, three hours later we were man and wife.
    No, fan fare, nothing fancy. The Justice of the Peace were dressed up more than we were. 20 plus years later, I love him more than I did the day I married him!
    Moving on because that not the point, I was getting at…..
    Just my opinion….. but If you love the dress, if you feel comfortable in the dress. I think you should wear it. In life, someone regardless will disapprove of the choices we make, this happens daily in our lives. Sometimes we know about it, sometime we don’t! You worked long and hard to put that dress on. So, wear it if YOU want!
    I know your concerned about what other say, so maybe you can find a fancy wrap, or shawl to go over you sholders that matches the dress!
    As far as your girls (boobs), if they stand up without any support. I’d show those girls off with pride.
    BUT……. regardless of what you do…… MAKE YOU HAPPY!

Okay, well I must be off!

It was me……I admit it…..I let the dogs out!

Day 26, FD, UK

Adding myself to the Day 26 Pocket List:
    @gretta
    @northerndawn
    @beedoo
    @flourbaby
    @debster251
    @fivetwofan5252

I’m feeling much happier now I’ve got some FDs under my belt. Feel like I’m getting back to normal again, hurray!

Went for a run last night and incorporated lots of sprinting, so feeling a little hungrier than I normally would, but feeling like I’ve lost some of the spare tyre that was re-appearing on my midriff!

I certainly find that sprinting and weights make me much hungrier than long slow runs. I’m guessing that my Fast Twitch muscles burn more fat.

Would be interested to hear other people’s thoughts?

Generically speaking, I don’t suffer with hunger tooooo much on FDs these days, but intense exercise the night before a FD certainly tips the scales a little too much towards hunger the following morning for my liking!!

Anyway, I am still planning to do 3 x FDs this week (today is my second).

However I feel overall I won’t have lost any/much weight in September due to being ill for two weeks in the middle of the month. Disappointing but I am feeling more pragmatic now that I feel things are back under control again!!

@shinything – hang in there! it is just a blip!! all your hard work will pay off soon 🙂

Good luck to all XX

Day 26 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Normal Thursday FD brought forward to today as we have a friend staying with us from tomorrow until the weekend, so there will be treats 😉

Happy fasting everyone!

Day 26 North Canton OH NFD

@snowflake56 that is a really beautiful dress and usually I would agree with @bert1802 about wearing what you want if you feel comfortable. However, I think weddings are different; especially conservative family weddings. It’s the bride’s day to shine and you have to be careful not to upstage her by being the main topic of discussion. So I applaud your decision to wear something else – another opportunity to wear it will present itself. I still think you can take it in to a tailor for a fitting; it’s too beautiful not to try. Congratulations on losing the inches and the progress you have made.
    I am so behind on posts, I will try to catch up over the weekend.
    Have a great day everyone

Day 26 Stevensville Maryland CNFD

Thank you to everyone for the supportive words. I am still so amazed of this WOL. I have lost 25lbs since mid January 2018. I keep my TDEE’s on point and I do one 66 hr fast a week, the rest is 16:8 and even after I stopped smoking early July no weight gain.

To all who are struggling, just keep doing this WOL and it will work.

If all you can do it crawl, start crawling. Rumi. Have a great Wednesday everyone

Day 26 NC USA NFD

Did a bit over TDEE was afraid to set on scale this morning. Will try to do a bit under TDEE today to make up for it.

Day 26, USA, FD

Good morning everyone! Have a wonderful day! :). Adding myself to the pocket list…

@gretta
    @northerndawn
    @beedoo
    @flourbaby
    @debster251
    @fivetwofan5252
    @onlyhermes

Day 26 USA – NFD

Off to yoga and Silver Sneakers shortly this morning. Keeping myself active in body and mind.

@ciren2 – poor, sick car! Suppose things break and stop working when we get old too!

@annemarilyn – yes, singing in a choir is oh so good for the mind and the body. These lists and reports come out often. I think the benefits are amazing. https://takelessons.com/live/singing/health-benefits-of-singing

@snowflake56 – we have had lease negotiations with lawyers on the children’s museum for months now. We need to do it right, but they tell us we’re close to signing which means we can get in here and renovate/set-up.

@anna6 – mushroom quails sound delicious! I love anything with mushrooms. Might have to look up that recipe. I have some chicken & mushroom recipes.

Onward and downward

@annemarilyn: Hope you have a lovely birthday. It IS Wednesday today, right? I lose track when I’m on my holidays!
    @songbirdme: Oh yes, too true…we’re all falling apart! My poor old car is fine except for the ignition key/barrel. The garage mechanic is having trouble locating the part as my car is 2001. I may have to struggle to get to work next week as I live 12 miles away….I wonder if my boss will let me borrow a van for a few days?!

Still looking in on you fasters from the outside. Hoping to step inside soon…

Day 26 UK NFD

Monday’s FD was OK. Exercise is definitely making me hungrier, so I’m having to watch that. Mrs R’s birthday this week, so I’m trying not to beat myself up too much regarding cake and treat eating. Planning for October to be stricter. I’ve also ordered a posh Garmin watch to get me motivated. It tells you just about everything you’d ever need to know, right through to whether your training is positive or whether you’re slacking and ‘de-training’! I have however avoided one that ‘talks’ to the weighing scales (believe it or not, some of them do!) ‘cos man those scales can lie baby, really lie!

Keep on fasting and losing, but don’t lose it 🙂

Day 26 UK FD

Brought FD forward from regular Thursday slot bc Trustees’ meeting begins with lunch tomorrow. We’re supposed to be sharing lunch to build relationships, so I can make wise choices but not skip it! Just had a late lunch of mozzarella with super-size salad at c360 calories, and have a tiny portion of last night’s supper saved for this evening. Aiming to do a 16:8 rather than my recent 20:4 or OMAD.

Tired today, definitely made some unhelpful choices which have not enabled me to make the most of yesterday’s great preparation. Grumpy, resentful, cross & definitely fighting my own mind just now! Done some yoga & meditation and eaten, need to crack on with some project work. Today is lightly loaded and will take me far less time than the procrastination is currently taking, but still can’t get going… Here’s hoping!

Wishing you all a helpful day xx

Day 26 Pocket List – add yourself if you’re fasting..

@gretta
    @northerndawn
    @beedoo
    @flourbaby
    @debster251
    @fivetwofan5252
    @onlyhermes
    @michelinme

Yay! @diana123 Well done. Fantastic progress.

USA Day 26 FD

Adding myself to the FD pocket list:
    @gretta
    @northerndawn
    @beedoo
    @flourbaby
    @debster251
    @fivetwofan5252
    @onlyhermes
    @michelinme
    @ccco

Although I had a little trouble doing it myself this morning, I managed to cut and paste that list again!! LOL

Well, yesterday’s FD ended in a bust starting with my book club brownies and ending in wine and random other food in the evening ! I do so well during the day and fall apart when I am tired. I seem to lose my resolve. I did a lot of exercise yesterday, thought, but ended yup 1 lb. 🙁 Well, today is another day! Good luck everyone!

3rd post

@michelinme – same here, I’m procrastinating over writing a report I’ve put off since last week, doing anything but…. will have to start it soon as it’s needed by Friday am at the latest, why do I push things to the last minute? I’m sure once I start it will flow…

Avoided so far the munchies, unbelievable, one positive, yay!!!

Guys, I know I’m showing my age but what’s an HP moustache? Seen a couple of you use it and it’s been puzzling me, could use Google but last time I did that it got me in a lot of hot water!

Hopefully a cup of tea will set me straight and I’ll get started

Ta x

Day 26, 2nd post

@annemarilyn Happy Birthday!

@dingping don’t despair, you’ll get there, I’m with on Friday and Saturday. You are right about the dress, I should be pleased it doesn’t fit me, I hadn’t thought about it that way! Hercule Poirot, I think it came from @rainbowsmile. Btw I loved the series with David Suchet, all those details.

@bert1802 how lovely it was just the two of you, our wedding wasn’t large either, just a few members of both families and friends. We had a larger party with friends in the Netherlands. Better not to wear the dress, no need to upset anyone. I shocked the Germans enough at my own wedding, I had an old black silk wedding dress. I bought it with my husband and SIL, the plan was a dress in the Out of Africa style but we couldn’t find one I liked so we ended up with the black one.

@basyjames I just need a few kilos more (they will be back, they are just waiting for it, I’m having a good phase now) and the right occasion to wear it. Where I live at the moment we don’t have good tailors, all they have to do is to shorten trousers or something like that. It’s a small town without much of a social life or nice events so no employment for a good tailor. I wouldn’t trust any of them near my dress, I would be so angry when something goes wrong so better not. I’m fine with the dress I’ll be wearing.

4th post

Thanks @snowflake56, you can see I’m still procrastinating! Ah, Hercule Poirot, that makes sense, but I’m sure I’ve seen it being used in relation to getting fit? I’ve obviously mis read something, I do feel old!

Off to make that cup of tea and then get down to my report!

Ta x

Second post (or third maybe?!)

It’s just after 4pm here and today’s FD is going well so far. Two teas, a coffee and a mug of miso. But like @ccco I too find getting through the day on a FD okay, it’s the evening but I’ve been struggling with recently. Especially after my meal when my sweet tooth gets going! Need to find something to occupy myself with. I have a few items of clothing I’d like to alter (just simple jobs!) so I might have a go at that this evening. A pair of new jeans in my new size. But at 5ft 3 I tend to have to take things up. Other items that need altering were a bit tight when I started this WOE and I completely missed the window when they must have fitted because now they’re a bit loose! Have also found some sleeves have become longer with my shrinking frame (or shrinking bust more like! Sad times). I miss my perky pre-baby pair!

Also seconding @dingping ‘s question about HP moustache. I did try googling but all I got were ink cartridges!

@annemarilyn Wishing you a very happy Birthday!

@johnnyr enjoy your new watch. I love gadgets and gizmos! I have an Apple Watch, not a fitness related as the garmin but great for tracking basics and I love it!
    As for scales, mine are showing the lowest weight in years but my wobbly muffin top tells a whole other story!
    Enjoy celebrating Mrs R’s birthday.

@ciren2 hope the car issue is resolved soon. That’s just not what your poor feet need right now!

@anna6 your recipes and food descriptions are heavenly! You sound like a very accomplished cook. You family are very lucky indeed.

@beththenew I hope keeping under tdee today goes to plan. Love how easy it is to get back on track with this WOE. Sounds like you’re doing really well since starting!

@snowflake56 such a dilemma about the dress! Try to imagine yourself at the wedding in both scenarios, wearing the dress and then wearing the more conservative one. Which one will you have a better time in, and feeling more comfortable in? Bearing in mind how others may react and how that will affect your feelings too. Whatever you decide to do I hope you have a wonderful time and feel happy in whichever dress you wear. I’m sure you’ll look great regardless. Ps am very envious of your “girls”!!

@fivetwofan5252 interesting re your runs and affect on hunger. Do you go for a run last thing at night? I exercise (30 min high intensity – strength, cardio and abs) directly before evening meal so I think that eating then takes care of any hunger induced by exercise.

@debster251 Thank you for starting October thread and for hosting! I’m in! If my mind starts thinking about cake later I might distract myself with posting on there or here!

Right, better go for now. Thanks to whoever added me to the pocket list, much appreciated! Hope you are all having a successful day x

Day 26-NFD

I was thinking of doing a back to back fast (500 cal/per day) I see that some of you do this. How is it? Does it matter if your fast days are back to back? I’ve been injured and off the wagon. I mean, I have excuses galore but I’m currently determined to get back on track and make everything a habit. (strict mon/thursday fast days and not deviating.)

Day 26, Surrey (UK), NFD

Been MIA for a few days, babysitting for a friends’ 2 daughters (7 and 2) whilst they went away on a short holiday, which they desperately needed. Food choices have not been great, I confess. Somehow, the scales show minimal damage with only an 0.8lb gain- but then scales don’t always tell the whole truth, as we all know! So the rest of this week will be all about keeping mindful. Not sure yet when my next FD will be – feeling fragile at the moment after an incredibly stressful few days.

I must VENT though about the state of roadworks in Surrey! (Apologies to our overseas readers – bear with me.) Friends’ family live in Epsom. The entire town’s network of roads is being dug up this week, or so it seems. Daughter #1 goes to a piano teacher. The access road to teacher’s house is blocked off, so nowhere to park. Needed to make a trip to the hospital. The 3-lane one-way system is blocked by more roadworks so I was late for the appointment. Then yesterday I tried to pick friends up from Gatwick airport, only to find out that BOTH the M23 AND the A23 were blocked by…yes you guessed it, MORE ROADWORKS! I had to text friends to ask them to get a taxi. Luckily taxi driver knew the back roads better than I did. I must have done something seriously bad to upset the traffic gremlins so!

Anyway, life gets in the way sometimes, as we all know. So wearily, I take stock and attempt to climb back onto the wagon. There’s only 1.8lb to lose to reach my goal, so it would be daft to give in now. So, deep breath, re-group, focus…and onward and downward!

Keep on keeping on, everyone!

USA Day 26 FD

Lorky35: I find b2b easy unless it is a water fast. Water fasts take too much out of me, so I do 500 calorie FDs.

So far, my fast is going well but it always is at this time of the day! LOL I am thinking of watching television and if I start stressing over the need to nibble, I am going to try exercising in front of the TV! I can’t go to bed early, which was an idea, because then I wake up way too early and that doesn’t work for me! We’ll see how that goes!

Fatfingers: I understand your roadways frustrations! Here in the U.S. where I live, as soon as the children went back to school, the county tore up the roads near my house. Now getting out of my neighborhood is a real challenge. I was going to the grocery store this morning but decided to put it off and took a walk instead on one of our very rare sunny days. Well, we can at least say that our taxes are working for us! 🙂

3rd post

@dingping and @beedoo I found it, it was @rainbowsmile who came up with it: “HP moustache tummy is herule poirot moustache (think of the shape) well that’s my tummy shaped like the great detectives waxed moustache. Think bottom edge of tummy.”

@beedoo my own “girls” had to be removed in 1990 and I got new small ones to match with my then 56 kg. About the dress, at the moment I feel slim and I want to show it but perhaps not in a dress that shows so much skin. My DH suggested we could to do a bit of shopping, but I don’t like shopping.

Third post (possibly fourth, sorry I’ve lost count!)

Oh @snowflake56 I hope you don’t feel I was being insensitive saying I was envious of your “girls” without knowing the circumstances.

I know what you mean about wanting to show your slim figure. I feel like that at the moment but having been so self conscious over recent years and so used to wearing loose tops ALL the time, I’m not finding it easy to go back to my old style. In fact I feel a little lost as to what my style is any more!

Thanks for the poirot/ edge of tummy explanation, I get it now!

@lorky35 before hitting maintenance I found b2b or b2b2b easier than alternate day fasting or Mon/Thurs (I tried both). I think it was because for those days I was “in the zone” all the way through. When the days are split with NFDs I have found I’m overeating on those in between days and find it harder to stay on track on the FDs. Now I’m in maintenance I’m still trying to find a balance. I don’t want to lose any more weight as I’m already below what my original goal was. Im happy with that. I’m wondering about upping my FD calories from 500 to say 800 and doing that as b2b2b. It’s all a lot of trial and error!

@ccco Stay strong! I’m with you in this. The urge to nibble is so strong here but I’m visualising my post for tomorrow when I want to be able to say “I DID IT! I completed a FD without an after dinner sugar binge!” We can do it!

Day 26 UK second post

@dingping hope you got going on your report?! I’ve done some of the bits but not the main things. Think I’m clearing the decks so i can focus on bigger things, but everything is taking so much longer than I thought it would. Can’t believe I stopped to dye a dress en route to my desk today – and I was so excited about having this opportunity to catch up, now rather wasted. All tired out again and trying not to be grumpy, resentful, cross – prob tired and feeling pretty disorganised/behind.

Just did an extra and v useful hour, now need to eat, block wrap and chill ahead of early night! At least I haven’t over-eaten 🙂

Day 26, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Going to our cabin for a few days. We need a red rock infusion! 😊😊😊
    Will catch up with posts later!

Have a good Wednesday everyone! 🌼🌻🍃

@diana123 – your progress makes me smile! YEAH for you! Your loss reminds me of my 35 pound loss from March-December 2016. This WOL is just amazing, isn’t it?! And I have found our forum, members, support, and MFP as my way to maintain.

Congratulations to YOU!

Day 26 – Eastern WA USA- NFD

Thank you for birthday greetings! Out enjoying my free hamburger at Red Robin with sweet potato fries, yum! My son is taking me to a lovely place this evening. So yes, I’m feasting today @flourbaby. I did forego the bun on my hamburger.

Glad we’re together on this journey!

Another post

@snowflake56 – thank you, getting it now! I’m a bit slow but I don’t feel so old knowing the very much younger @beedoo was also perplexed! Guess it takes the muffin top description one stage further. Thanks.
    Sorry to hear your boob job is related to a time that must have been very worrying and distressing. Sounds like you’ve thankfully come through those times with positivity and I hope your ‘girls’ are the only long lasting result.

@michelinme – report, what report? LOL – How do you happen to dye a dress en route to your desk, that’s serious procrastination!!!
    Hope you and I wake up rested and ready to hit the day running and our computers so we can catch up.

@ccco – rooting for you, and imaging you star jumping in front of the TV!

@lorky35 – I’ve been doing 5:2 for a few months now and have just discovered B2B’s work better for me as the first day is the hardest and after that I’m on a roll, well that’s what I found from this month of doing B2B’s.

@redrockgirl – I thought you were off to China this morning! Enjoy your cabin, so love the sound of your lifestyle.

G’night all.
    Ta x

Another post – @annemarilyn happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you… enjoy your day.

Nighty night all.

Day 26 Canada NFD

Had a brilliant FD yesterday, was so busy it got to 8pm and I hadn’t had time or felt like eating. So a really small meal and slept like a log!

As for today……. I am battling the chocolate dragon. No idea why as I don’t have a sweet tooth, but as soon as I finish lunch I am craving dark chocolate. And lot’s of it.

Will catch up on posts as the battle unfolds:)

Day 27 NSW Australia FD
    7am Thursday

Hi everyone. It’s been a while since my last post – life has been full on!
    My OH has been unwell for months – finally, on Tuesday, he had his urgent ablation surgery for his heart. Yesterday morning he was up at 7am eating breakfast and said he ‘hadn’t felt this good for a long time’ then at end of day said ‘I haven’t felt sick all day’, so, fingers crossed, he’s on the mend. It’s a big load off both our shoulders!
    I am finally well after 4 weeks of misery. No time to be sick!
    On Tuesday, I had the best time looking at clothes, while OH had his procedure. It’s the first time in a lot of years that I’ve been able to buy an outfit because I really liked it on me, and not just buy anything to cover up. I used to be size 16 to 18, now 12 to 14, and still hoping to lose more. Will have to sort my clothes real soon. Thank you 5:2 and thank you to each of you for your encouragement and sage advice since 1 October 2017 – yes, it’s my first anniversary in 4 days time, and I couldn’t be happier!

I’ve only had time to quickly look at your posts, so hope each of you is having a good time at the moment.

Day 27 Pocket List – please copy and paste, then add yourself if you are fasting today:

@arelkade

Enjoy whatever you are getting up to and bye for now!

Viewing 50 posts - 901 through 950 (of 1,074 total)

You must be logged in to reply.