September 2018 – Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
September 2018 – Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 1,071 replies, has 74 voices, and was last updated by  FasterJo 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 1,074 total)

• Hello everyone!

It’s time for the September 2018 Challenge – I have volunteered to host this month’s challenge which was started in May 2016 by @coda. More than two years later and this challenge is still powering along and gaining momentum.

This is an international forum full of very supportive people, some have lost great amounts of weight, some are half way there, some sitting on Mount Plateau, others are just starting their journey. What you will always find here is great support, no judgement, friendships, lots of laughs, and the wonderful comradeship that comes from sharing this 5:2 Fast diet, this wonderful Way of Eating (WOE), this great Way of Life (WOL).

We are all in it for the health benefits as well as the resulting weight loss.

The usual format is to start your post with the day of the month, where you are and whether you are fasting (FD) or having a non fast day (NFD). Some may want to post that they are having a Controlled Day (CD – below TDEE), others a Liquid only Fast Day (LFD). Some have back to back (B2B) fast days.

For example, my first post will be
    Day 1 – Ireland – FD

If you start the challenge later in the month you are still always welcome. Please note that even though it might be your first day on the challenge, if its September 8th (for example) then it is Day 8. As this is a true worldwide forum it keeps us all on the same track to know what day it is – and it is fun to hear about the different lifestyles, weathers, stories and customs from all parts of the globe.

Post as often or as little as you like, but most have found that a daily post gives daily accountability and helps us toe the line whilst we are off fighting various dragons.

Through experience, trial and error, you will figure out what best fits your lifestyle and what works for you. With all of us together spurring each other on, we cannot but BE a great team together for the September 2018 challenge..

I will shortly have the September Challenge spreadsheet available. You can click on the link to access Septembers sheet. I have been rather cheeky and taken the liberty of including all those who were with us for the August challenge. Feel free to add your name to the sheet or let me know and I can do it for you.

Happy Fasting everyone

Here is the link for the spreadsheet for September, lets do it people! I look forward to sharing the journey with you all.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NNOBLNHPoJcZdOK7cKQbUQ0-lIUZOj-u09PdxHAjm6g/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you @daffodil2010 for hosting! I’m in 🙂

Having a problem with the spreadsheet – the headings aren’t following me down the page. By the time I get down to my name I’ve got no idea what the columns are! Can you help?

Thank you so much for hosting September @daffodil2010, really appreciated 💐

I’m in of course 🙂

@michelinme I fixed the rows and columns , try now? 🙂

@daffodil2010 please count me in for September.

Mari

@shinything thanks my dear for freezing the header rows. I forgot about that. I was so busy trying to make sure access was correct (when I hosted earlier this year I accidentally set the access to be via permission from me….oooooops…..still blushing at that one 😳😳😳😂), but it’s great to know you can help!

@daffodil2010 I am in for September. See you all on Saturday!

I have been away for awhile, but it is time to jump back into 5:2. Sign me up!

Hi there! This is my first month on 5:2 and hoping the September challenge will help to keep me on track 😊

Not sure what I need to do! Do I need to enter my details on the spreadsheet? If so, how do I do that? If not, how do I sign up? Any help/guidance appreciated. Thank you

@daffodil2010 thank you for hosting the September challenge. Please count me in. 😁

Hey @skinnyminny57 I have added your name to the spreadsheet. If you like you can fill out your details (as much or as little information as you want) and then add in your goals. This spreadsheet is for YOU. We are not in the challenge against each other, it’s simply to be accountable to ourselves and try to keep on track.

Some update the sheet, some don’t. It does not matter at all, what matters is that you are coming on board in September and we welcome you along. ☺️

Hi @krisnia, welcome back.
    I have put you on the spreadsheet should you wish to update. Looking forward to having you along in September 👍

Daffodil2010, thanks so much for adding me to the spreadsheet. Arrive back home to London on 1st September and looking forward to kicking off with a FD! Will be much needed after 10 glorious days away! Thanks for hosting before you head off on your holiday x

@daffodil2010 – Count me in for the September 2018 – Monthly Challenge

Thank you for setting up the Challenge in the absence of any other volunteers and of course I will be happy to do all that I can to support the challenge whilst you are on holidays from the 11th at your beachside retreat in Spain🤗

@krisnia – Welcome back – you were with us in the September Challenge last year! Together We Are Stronger!
    @skinnyminny57 – Welcome to the September Challenge – looking forward to getting to know you and offer whatever support I can to help you lose those pesky last 5kg – You Can Do It!

5:2 is Not A Diet, It’s A Lifestyle Change!

Thank you for hosting the September Challenge @daffodil2010. 💐 Please count me in.

I like to hop back on the wagon as I got a bit sloppy in August. Where did these unpleasant 5 extra pounds come from? 🤔🤔🤔 Perhaps too much August fun? 😜😂

Looking forward to a new start Saturday!
    😊😊😊

I’m joining – keeping up my record of every challenge here since May 2016! On maintenance still, but thoroughly enjoy all the members of this forum!

Thanks all – I am in – from Lima Peru (but a Euro – it’s a long story).

Have reached my goal weight but yo-yoing within 1-2 kgs of this and having thoughts about going lower. Need others to keep me on track.

I’m joining this challenge. It was 2 years ago in September 2016 that I reached my 5:2 goal weight by participating in the September 2016 challenge that I believe was hosted by the original host; Coda. I’ve practiced 5:2 ever since, though lately my NFDs have gotten out of hand with compulsive and emotional eating. I feel I need to regain some sanity there and put as much focus, care and awareness into NFDs as FDs. So that is what this challenge will be for me. Ultimately I would like to be eating with enough care on NFDs that I’m rewarded with an occasional week of 6:1. I work full time and have very little time to post every day, so am planning to post every FD which will include a catch up on how I did the previous NFDs.

I’m coming up on two years following the Fast 5:2 since November 2016. I have been in maintenance since November 2017 after losing a total of 50 pounds. The first 32 were from January 2014 to November 2016 from walking everyday using my Fitbit and the additional 18 were from Fast 5:2 through November 2017. So now I have double support.

I lost 3 to 4 sizes and happily purchased a new wardrobe and if possible had favorites altered to my new 8-10 shape. I’ve sold the best of the old sizes on eBay and I hope they continue to delight their new owners. My listings are ongoing. Making room for new means passing on the old.

I fast at least one day a week, sometimes two and I am satisfied with smaller controlled portions. Lots of vegetables, LCHF dairy including eggs, nuts, and fruit is the staple of my protein-fiber filled diet. I enjoy a Cosmo cocktail regularly and wine now and then. Dark chocolate, just one small piece 70% dark variety, is enjoyed most days. I walk 3 to 4 miles every day, enjoy planting, maintaining, and harvesting a vegetable garden. I also plant colorful begonias that the hungry deer in my forested Pennsylvania neighborhood do not eat. Living in harmony with wildlife is good for all. Golfing is my other hobby. I don’t hit far but I hit straight. At age 71 that is a plus.

I enjoy reading posts from forum members, but I don’t post often. The spreadsheet is good for keeping track of our lifestyle. I am energetic, sleep well with the Magnesium Oil foot rub every night, and look forward to each new day. There is power in positive thinking and this forum gives us power to be our best.

Thank you @daffodil2010 for leading our group and for including me in the September spreadsheet. I will say goodbye to August tomorrow and be right back here in September.

Hi – I’m in – thank you for hosting x

Please count me in too. I’m keen!

I am in, too!

basyjames is in! Thank you @daffodil2010 for hosting 🙂

Fri Eugene OR~~ Hello, I’m new, been doing Fast diet for 4 weeks ~~ please add me to the challenge and forgive me but I don’t see info about what the “challenge” is??? Also once you have added me will I be able to update/add things? When I looked at the spreadsheet I saw the pencil because I’m using my cell phone and when I pressed it to add my name it brought up an app~~ guess I need the app to update? Thank you for info! I’ve lost 9.4 lbs and am pretty stoked! 2 days a week fasting and watching all calories every day and limiting my allowed calories as determined by BMI calculator by 500 a day to lose… let’s give em hell for the challenge everyone ! ( whatever the challenge is :—) )

Count me in for September – thanks @daffodil2010 for hosting. Been 5:2 fasting for over a year now and lost a lot of weight. Now doing the last 1/4 of the marathon, hoping to finish sometime in the next 6 months. My target for this month is to lose 2kgs, down to 71kg and reach a so-called healthy BMI of 25. But I’ve only been losing 1kg a month recently, so will try and resign my membership of the tortoise club by speeding up a bit. Actually, now I’ve lost so much I don’t mind if it takes a little longer to get the last 10kgs off, as I feel so much better in body and mind that I feel like I have gained most of the benefits already.

Can’t quite believe I got myself into all this ‘change of lifestyle’ thing after reading about it from the sofa (with wine and crisps in hand!) for so many years. As someone else on this forum said, there is no change without change, so I somehow made a commitment to make three BIG changes to how I lived my life: Fasting, Plant-Based eating, and Yoga. And NO DIETING – it never worked for me. So glad to have found something that does work. And thats why I am here, to get support to stay committed and keep going. And to help anyone else out there who needs it!

@daffodil2010, thanks for hosting the September Challenge. After leaving the challenge on July the 13th I enjoyed life too much, without any regrets though, we had a great time. The weight got up again, my measurement dress doesn’t fit anymore and the scales told me this morning I’m back to 60.8 kg, so a gain of 5.5 kg in 8 weeks. So I would like to come back here, despite my internet aversion, and shred the gained kilos. My husband is with me this time, his niece is getting married in November and his suit is too tight. @daffodil2010, as I’m over of my maintenance weight, could you please unhighlight me on the spreadsheet?

Hi everyone, new to this forum! I have used 5:2 successfully in the past but in the past year have fallen off the wagon and need to lose those 5 extra kilos before 5 more kilos find me!

I am 51 with a hubby, 3 teenagers and a full time job. I’m American but have lived near Paris🇫🇷 for over 25 years. The September challenge is exactly what i need to get my butt in gear!

Look forward to following everyone’s progress. Will weigh myself tomorrow morning. 🙄 Not excited about that.

Yay thank you @daffodil2010

Count me in for September @daffodil2010 🙂

Hello

Lovely to have some new faces joining our challenges – A big welcome to you @formerly-fat-pete @cateaus @dmh @wrxgirl – what a wonderful start you have had! and @sparklyshoes

@redrockgirl302 – lovely to have you back and those pesky 5lbs will disappear over this September Challenge – you know what you need to do!
    @minka – welcome back and it was our lovely @basyjames who led our September 2017 challenge but @coda is still with us
    @snowflake56 – so happy to see you here again – I have missed you – I’m pulling you back on the 5:2 bandwagon as I type and those 5.5 kg will disappear as fast as they came on – Welcome to your DH to this WOL

I’ll weigh in tomorrow after today’s FD and have an end weight for August and a start weight for September to report.

My personal motto for this WOL “IF I QUIT NOW, I WILL SOON BE BACK TO WHERE I STARTED. AND WHEN I STARTED, I WAS DESPERATELY WISHING TO BE WHERE I AM NOW”

my dear @at, I’m sitting here with tears in my eyes, I really missed the contact with some of my dear friends here. I won’t leave you again, I needed the time offline. Glad to be back with you, @daffodil2010, @debster251, @metatauta, @rainbowsmile, @shinything, @strawberriesandcream, @missybear, @coda and everyone else doing this WOL. The DH says hi to you too, xxx

Can I join? First time doing the challenge. After a brief attempt a year ago I want to make this a WOE for life. Do I have to fill the spreadsheet out, will it save automatically?

Its great to see so many new faces joining 😀 , welcome @formerly-fat-pete, @cateaus @dmh, @wrxgirl, @sparklyshoes, @fasterjo 🙋. I hope you enjoy the challenge and being with us here. We are a friendly and supportive bunch, and we like to chat about things not necessarily food related. You might find nice online shopping places here on top of a support 😉

@wrxgirl this is the original topic of this challenge that shows how it started, posted by @coda 🙂
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/42-day-challenge-beginning-1-may/
    Its changed to a monthly thing now, and the challenge is what each of us set it to be (usually target weight for that month) but could be other health related things as well 🙂

@fasterjo I added your name to the spreadsheet, you can use it as you like (or not use it) and fll out as much or as little info as you want. We all add our info to the spreadsheet 🙂

@snowflake56 so good to see you back! You’ve been missed ❤

@cornish-jane you are an inspiration and a living proof that this WOL works and is sustainable xx

@steffieagle well said about the power of positive thinking 🙂

We start tomorrow 💪

Hello everyone, just moving across from August thread. I’m feeling positive and excited about September!
    I’m a relative newbie, joined this forum when I started 5:2(sometimes 4:3) back in mid June. Achieved goal weight in August. Have been away for 10 days (still away now, getting home to London tomorrow) and am really looking forward to getting back in control of eating. Scales are up…will do proper weigh in for first of the month tomorrow. I have a couple of weekends away in Sept but thankfully nothing like these past 10 days with extended family and lots of celebrations over food!

Goals for September are to complete 30 Day Shred (with the exception of the days I’m away), walk for an hour every day (approx a 4 mile brisk pace) and focus on my stomach area which hasn’t been the same since having my son two years ago!

Looking forward to see this month through with you all. Best of luck! X

Day 1 NFD Auckland

Hello everyone!
    I’m just managing to keep it together thanks to 5:2. I haven’t been super committed due to my life being a comedy of errors at the moment but I managed to loose 1.4kg last month. We’re starting the process of moving back into our house after long winded alterations. We have only gained two square meters of space in the kitchen because we didn’t want to change the roofline but have given the old girl a face lift, new roof, insulation etc. I’m determined to de clutter but that takes time and we’re off to London at the end of September. I have lost enough weight to warrant a couple of wardrobe purchases! 😊

Anyway onwards and downwards in whatever way it takes!

Day 1 (nearly) London UK

Please count me in for September. I’m back to fasting properly again, tho I’m off on holiday again, to Greece, for 3 weeks. I’ll get onto an even keel eventually. My husband is a bit tired of me banging on about how great fasting is, so we now call this the cracked record diet. I don’t care. It works a treat. Hello to the newbies. It’s good to have you join us. H

Thank you for adding me & hosting this Sept challenge, Daffodil2010. I love the spreadsheet!

Day 1 – Japan – NFD

My goal is to get in 8 water fasts this month and not gain any fat.

Thanks for hosting! Happy to be starting my 6th month of 5:2. Down 19lbs AND 13.25 inches since starting on April 1, 2018!

Day 1 NSW Australia NFD
    (11am Saturday)

Hi everyone and warm welcome to all the newbies!
    I’m a young 66, married to a delightful OH – we share 3 grown up children and 3 grandchildren. We live on the east coast of Australia in a rural country town, one hour from the ocean.
    I work one day/week in a medical centre.

I started this WOL on 1 October 2017 at 82.5kg. I’m 159cm and currently weigh 74kg (my goal for August)– ultimate goal 65kg, then maybe lower 😉. My weight has an approximate 1kg range that varies each day ie from 75 down to 74kg, depending on the carbs consumed and water retained! I find a slow and steady pace suits me just fine – the slower I take it off, the more likely I’ll keep it off, so I’m a member of Club Tortoise!

I’ve usually given up other ‘diets’ after about 3 months because I don’t like counting calories or restricting food on a daily basis. This way of life suits me just fine – it’s so flexible and easy to follow; and the advice, support and encouragement on this forum is outstanding!

I had a tough personal time in July & August, for many reasons, and look forward to getting back on track this month! I haven’t posted for a couple of weeks!

I look forward to sharing our experiences in September, my favourite month, and wish each of you every success in your endeavours!

Enjoy whatever you are getting up to and bye for now!

Hi there
    I’d love to join in for September.
    Shall I add myself and my details to the sheet?

Thanks so much!

Have tried 5:2 but never consistently. Really interested to see how it goes.

Hello everyone please add me to the September challenge. Day 1 nfd from Canada. Good time to get started again after enjoying my summer a little too much

I should have said

Day 1, New Zealand, NFD
    🙂

Day 1, Emden Germany, FD

Hi old friends and a very warm welcome to my new friends! A new month has started and I’m making a fresh start.

My journey so far:

I’m Dutch, 62 years old and recently retired. I never had any weight problems and always was a stable 56 kg until 6 years ago when I started a new job as a practice manager. My weight got more and more due to ice cream and sweets. In January 2017, weighing 70.9 kg, I decided something had to be done and started to lose weight on my own. Started 5:2 at the beginning of February. From March on I joined the challenges. It worked very well, the weight just fell off, the support I got here was amazing. I reached my goal being 56 kg on March 29th 2017 and maintained until July this year when I left the challenge. Without support my weight crept up again. This morning my weight is 60,8 kg. My long term goal will be 56 kg again (I want to see my handle highlighted again!), for the end of this month it will be 58 kg. My DH starts at 80.9 kg, he wants to get rid of 3 kg.

Anyone wanting to join me on a FD today? Please copy and paste and add your name to the list

@snowflake56

I think this is going to be a perfect month, so here’s the perfect song: Perfect Day by Lou Reed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYEC4TZsy-Y

Day 1, UK, NFD

Hi all – I was doing well last month until my kitchen was refitted in the 3rd week of August. Cue lots of meals out because hubby (who isn’t on 5:2) wanted dinner…. The refurb is in its final stages now, and hopefully all going well it’ll all be wrapped up today and normal service can resume.

September is the final month of my Master’s degree, so I envisage this month will be filled with lots of days tucked away in the study writing the epic report that is my thesis!! I find it hard to fast when I’m studying, it’s amazing how hungry and tired simply sitting still and typing for hours on end can make me!! However, 5:2 is a WOL and this shouldn’t be a reason not to do it, so I’m sticking with it. 🙂

My aim for the month is to just go back to basics still and get a solid month under my belt of fasting twice a week. I’m trying to form the habit now so it’ll stick in the long term, so just a nice & simple approach whilst I’m doing that.

@shimmera – your weight & inch loss has been great, well done!

Day 1 – UK – NFD

Starting this September challenge following a strong FD yesterday consuming only lots of water and a glass of homemade milk kefir before bed and also enjoyed a wonderful walk in the sunshine on the fells in my beautiful home county of Cumbria ⛰🏃‍♀️☀️ – will break my fast later this morning with brunch out with my OH

@snowflake56 🤗 and I love that song 🎶
    @fasterjo – Welcome and yes the spreadsheet will save automatically once you fill in any information
    @merryapple – Enjoy settling back into your home – I would certainly recommend using the opportunity to declutter, as when I moved homes about 4+ years ago OH and I made a commitment not to bring anything with us that we did not love or had not used in the previous 2 years as a start to the process – very liberating!
    @emma Taylor – have a fab holiday in Greece – are you traveling around or staying in one place? another lifetime ago OH had some special holidays in Greece……..great memories!
    @shimmera – “Down 19lbs AND 13.25 inches since starting on April 1 2018” – What a great effort 👍
    @arelkade – wishing you a much better September especially as it’s a special month for you – hoist yourself up onto our 5:2 bandwagon and we will get you to your September goals 🤗
    @wellywonder – welcome on board – I have added you on the spreadsheet – you can fill in as many or as little detail as you wish – Joining a challenge is great as Together We Are Stronger x
    @elkster – Welcome to you too – you were with us in July 2017 for a bit if I remember rightly – great to have you back on board x
    @babs_b – we will try to be your guardian angels whilst you are studying to stop you reaching for nibbles throughout the day – if fasting is too hard maybe try doing 16:8 days with only 2 meals…..just a thought. Good luck with completing your thesis x

OH has just said that as the weather is better than predicted he is going off to do a 10 mile fell race with 5000ft of height gained……so I have lost my brunch partner………will link up with a girlfriend and have a catch up brunch/lunch instead……

Right I’m off to have a shower and get ready for the day ahead – hoping everyone has a fab weekend!

Day 1 London UK NFD

Hi @at – just Mykonos, then Paros, then Mykonos again. I love the Greek islands. Trying to extend the summer. I’m envious of our Australian contingent. Just coming into spring. Lucky them.

Day 1 UK NFD

I love the optimism and excitement the first day of the month brings. I will work my little butt off to keep up the positive vibes throughout the month.

I have already done day 1 of 30 day shred this morning and I’m pleased that I have been able to increase my weights and not do a single modification this time round. 😁

Wishing you all a fab Saturday.

Day 1 UK FD

Hi All,

I’ve allowed life things to swallow me up these past few months but need to get back on track and today seems like a ‘perfect day to reap what you sow’ – thanks @snowflake56, love your taste in music (Max Raabe et al), been needing to return here for sometime and seeing your post just clinched the deal!

Lovely to see very familiar faces and new ones, thanks @daffodil2010 for hosting, I think you hosted when I joined the first challenge back in February 2018, a happy coincidence.

Very happy to join you today in an FD @snowflake56.

Ta x

Day 1 FD
    @snowflake56
    @dingping

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 1,074 total)

You must be logged in to reply.