September 2018 – Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
September 2018 – Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 1,071 replies, has 74 voices, and was last updated by  FasterJo 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 851 through 900 (of 1,074 total)

• Day 23 Minnesota, USA CD

Just checking in. I din’t go too far off the rails yesterday and am staying in control and under TDEE so far today…Tomorrow will be a FD.

@happymargo; Happy Birthday, belatedly.

I hope to catch up on posts tomorrow. Best of luck, everyone. Onward and downward.

Day 24……Florida…..NFD

Hi all,

Sorry I was MIA for a minute. Wednesday episode really sent for a loop.Im not totally feeling a 100% butIm trying to make my way back.
    So, as of a half hour ago, I started my fast for tomorrow, I’ll break about 1:00 for lunch and dinner about 6.
    I just booked our flight home in Nov. for the wedding of my DHs God son. So, I’ve got to get on the ball. I really want to lose at least 10lbs, which means I have about 7 1/2 weeks to do so. Even if I only lose 7lbs, during this time, I’m going to be happy with this. I’m not going to look for an outfit until I’m at least 5lbs down.
    What makes it hard, is I live in a warm weather state and the wedding is in a state that can and 9 out of 10 times will be snowing in Nov.
    okay, well….I’m off!

It was me……I admit it…..I let the dogs out!

Day 24 – 日本-FD (water fast)

I haven’t been weighing myself but after only a few workouts my body has snapped back into shape. While working out isn’t great for the number on the scale, it is great for body health.

Day 24 – Melbourne AUS – FD

I haven’t had a chance to catch up on posts over the weekend but will hopefully get time tonight!

Definitely went over my TDEE yesterday, but ate mostly good nutritious foods, and managed an 18km run in the morning so hoping that balanced it out. Hobbling around a bit today, but feeling good about the half marathon now!

Going to Sydney for a few days this weekend for the fiance’s birthday, so will likely only manage one FD next week, but that’s life I guess 🙂

Happy Monday everyone!

Day 24 Pocket list:
    @gretta

Day 24, Emden Germany, FD

thanks everyone for the nice comments on last week’s fasts. It wasn’t as tough as you think, I had enough to eat on the normal fast days so I could do the liquid ones.

@at good morning to you, I hope you feel better, we’re missing your positive, uplifting posts.

@debster251 enjoy your last day at Madeira, I hope it will be a sunny one!

@daffodil2010 I could use a bit of the Spanish warmth, it chilly overhere. Enjoy your last days!

@fasterjo I think all I needed to do the fasts was being in the right frame of mind, it took me a while to get there. I plan to fast with you on Friday and Saturday, together it’s easier.

@anna6 do you use your cookbooks often? We don’t use most of them, there are perhaps 10 we use at a regular basis, but we like “reading” them, esp. the older ones.

@beththenew isn’t it satisfying to see this WOL work!

@annemarilyn nothing better than chicken stock/broth, it lifts the mood, it’s healing, it warms you up and is great to have on FDs.

@merryapple have fun de cluttering, I love to do it, my husband unfortunately hates it. I try to avoid coming more clutter to come into the house, but I’m not always succesful. Well, so be it.

@michelinme the change of body shape is annoying. I have to go to a wedding in November and a huge family party in December, where I have to dress up. I tried on my party dresses this morning, nothing really fits well. Because of the complicated design they can’t be altered. I don’t want to buy anything new so I will go in a dress that will be a bit loose on me. I don’t think anyone will care, the parties are not about me.

Pocket list day 24, only 7 days left!

@gretta
    @merryapple
    @dykask
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

2nd post

this is the one I planned to wear at the wedding, on me it fits a bad as on the pictures. Frustrating.

https://www.1stdibs.com/fashion/clothing/evening-dresses/john-galliano-bias-cut-velvet-tattoo-illusion-sheer-back-dress/id-v_3805161/

Day 24 – France – FD

Back after an EFS weekend but I thoroughly enjoyed it. 🙂 Now turning over a new leaf and moving on to a FD.

Pocket list day 24

@gretta
    @merryapple
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @sparklyshoes

Day 24 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Pocket list day 24
    @gretta
    @merryapple
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @sparklyshoes
    @missybear

Still keeping on keeping on!!

Day 24 UK FD

Have a fab Monday.

Pocket list day 24

@gretta
    @merryapple
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @sparklyshoes
    @missybear
    @sarahbob

Day 24 UK WFD

Slow start to full Monday – late so Will Pop back to read posts later

Just remembered I was supposed to write a guest blog by first thing this morning. So tired, unmotivated even tho I’ve set the scene for best self, with little piles of things that need doing so I can see at a glance and they’re ready to pick up.

Aiming to get a good 4hrs project work plus this blog, interwoven with practical things to mix it up & keep me motivated. Hopefully by the end of the day I’ll be feeling less behind and more on track….

Could someone please add me to the pocket list?

Happy Monday!

Day 24 – UK: FD

SECOND POST

@metatauta
    I second what @fasterjo says re calcium

I have read many studies showing that cows milk and cows milk products simply raise blood calcium levels (not good) without actually getting the calcium into our bones (again not good).

Brocolli, whilst on the face of it lower in calcium, actually has much higher bio-availability of calcium for humans

Saying that, I still eat cows milk cheese as long as it is made from RAW milk as Chris Woolams (one of my health gurus) believes it is worth it to get the good bacteria from raw milk. Reblochon – YUM!!
    (Also have a look at A2 milk which is not as bad as regular A1 milk)

Lastly, goat milk kefir is actually really good for helping with lowering ‘bad’ cholesterol and raising ‘good’ cholesterol levels.

Happy fasting everyone 🙂

Day 24…..Florida….FD

Slept really good last night, so, I’m looking forward to today’s FD.

@snowflake…..Weddings in Nov. must be the new thing these days. I just hope it’s a beautiful autumn day for both brides.

Well, it’s that time again…..Monday morning!

Have a great and successful day!

It was me……. I admit it……. I let the dogs out!

Day 24 – USA – NFD

@fivetwofan5252, thank you and @fasterjo for the info re calcium. I drink whole milk only to put in my tea, but I drink 3 cups (humongous cups) of tea in the mornings. Because of being LCHF, I figured the milk would add to the fat macros. I will have to look for an alternative.

Day 24, London UK FD

Sorry I have been awol for a few days, life got very busy! I think I am about 3 pages behind on posts and feeling very out of touch. Will read up but think it might be a step too ambitious to try and reply at this stage!

Had a busy weekend and both Friday and Saturday were quite naughty on the food front. As usual it was more my choice of food than the amount. We had our favourite Indian takeaway on Friday and I tried to balance things by swapping white rice for quinoa. It was delicious! Husband made a carbonara style dish over the weekend too. Somehow I am still at the lower end of maintenance range so all is well. I think my saving grace has been sticking to 16:8 every day and an attempted FD yesterday! I say attempted as it was all going so well and then after supper I found some very nice cheese in the fridge, crackers in the cupboard, followed by chocolate covered rice cakes…I’ll say no more!! Am also staying on top of 30 Day Shred and cannot believe we are almost at the end of it!

On that note, @sarahbob I hope that raincloud has disappeared and you are feeling more upbeat. Really disappointed that Ripped in 30 isn’t available via Amazon Prime as a download! I’m thinking of doing 6 week 6 pack from 1st October…not expecting a 6 pack but hoping it will go some way to tackling my post baby tum/mid-section!

Have a great day everyone.

Stick to your plan, whatever it may be!

Pocket list day 24
    @gretta
    @merryapple
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @sparklyshoes
    @missybear
    @sarahbob
    @fivetwofan5252
    @michelinme
    @beedoo

Second Post

@sarahbob Scrap that! Decided to get a cheapy dvd player so that I can do Ripped in 30! Back to the original plan…let’s get ripped! (or something like that!!) X

Day 24 NC USA FD
    Woke up really hungry but only had my planned 80 cal Quark (yogurt like cheese that is high protein like Greek yogurt but not bitter). When I got to work I chewed on some Dentyne Fire gym and it seemed to help fight off the hunger. It is 5 calories for two pieces but that is so small I don’t count it. It helps me to have some unlimited things like gym and unsweetened teas.

Pocket list day 24
    @gretta
    @merryapple
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @sparklyshoes
    @missybear
    @sarahbob
    @fivetwofan5252
    @michelinme
    @beedoo
    @beththenew

Day 24 Stevensville Maryland USA CFD

I really miss reading all the post and staying connected. Life is pulling me in all directions at the moment. Just making sure I stay focused on the important things in life. Maintenance is going really well. MIL is failing fast, brother gets stem cell transplant next month.

Adding myself to the pocket list today.

Pocket list day 24
    @gretta
    @merryapple
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @sparklyshoes
    @missybear
    @sarahbob
    @fivetwofan5252
    @michelinme
    @beedoo
    @beththenew
    @diana123

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” Rumi Have a great Monday everyone.

Day 24 Midlands UK FD

Not sure how to add onto pocket list

Third post

@diana123 I am so sorry for the tough time you are going through. My thoughts are with you and your family. I hope your MIL is comfortable at the very least and wishing your brother all the very best for his transplant x

Hi @fasterjo you simply copy the last pocket list on the thread and paste it into your post, then add yourself to it. Like so…

Pocket list day 24
    @gretta
    @merryapple
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @sparklyshoes
    @missybear
    @sarahbob
    @fivetwofan5252
    @michelinme
    @beedoo
    @beththenew
    @fasterjo

Day 24, UK, FD

Yesterday was a chocolate day, ate all chocolaty things I could get my hands on! WTF 😖 Its a good thing that its my FD today, and I have all food planned so it should be fine :).

@fivetwofan5252 I too try and get the good bacteria from raw milk cheese as well as in other ways, like fermented foods. @metatauta – regarding cows milk, I just found out that goats milk, and even more sheeps milk (harder to find) is much more similar to human/mothers milk therefore much better for us. I switched to goats milk anyway because I like it better, but I’m still researching about it 🙂

@fasterjo I added you and @bert1802 to the pocket list, just copy/paste 🙂

Pocket list day 24

@gretta
    @merryapple
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @sparklyshoes
    @missybear
    @sarahbob
    @fivetwofan5252
    @michelinme
    @bert1802
    @beedoo
    @beththenew
    @diana123
    @shinything

Have a good day everyone 😊

Day 24, London, UK, NFD

Today will be a CD, I have my weeks meals all planned and logged into MFP with the aim that this will be a ‘standard’ 5:2 week that I can follow in the future. More Mediterranean than usual, so I’m hoping there’s no risk of devouring the refined carbs that keep calling my name!!!!!

@daffodil2010, I got a distinct ‘smugness’ vibe reading your post sent from sunny, warm Costa Dorado (sipping wine too!!!) about the 1st zero degree temperature to hit Ireland, just a thought, but you DO realise you have to come home at some point????!!!!! Is my jealousy showing????

LOL @snowflake56, a picture does indeed say 1000 words ………………………. For this dress on the mannequin, not such nice ones either!!!! At less than 125lbs are you too tiny for the dress now?

Thinking of you and your family @diana123; healing vibes winging their way to you all.

Happy fasting people, stay strong!!!!

Day 24 USA – NFD

Managed a good CD yesterday at just about 900 calories. Apple for lunch then 7 layer salad and salmon for supper. Stayed away from the wine and sugars. Yeah for me!

Off to Silver Sneakers shortly then annual mammogram. Oh joy. Ha ha. First rehearsal for our Choral Society Fall Concert that I direct will be tonight, and it’s always good to see long-time singers and meet new members.

@snowflake56 – I have to agree with @flourbaby about that dress. It looks like such an amazing design though, I would want to wear it myself no matter what my size!

Onward and downward.

Pocket list day 24
    @gretta
    @merryapple
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @sparklyshoes
    @missybear
    @sarahbob
    @fivetwofan5252
    @michelinme
    @beedoo
    @beththenew
    @fasterjo
    @ccco

USA Day 24 FD
    Wow! I finally was able to copy and paste the pocket list myself!!!! I must go out and celebrate! 🙂
    Yesterday’s FD went out the window because I got so bored staying indoors with all this rain that I started nonstop nibbling! 🙁 Consequently, today will have to be a FD. I’ve already eaten everything I will eat for the day, so onward and downward!! Have a great day, everyone!

@ccco: Ha….you make me laugh….another one like me who finds technology a bit confusing, eh? Luckily my daughter taught me to cut and paste! (or whatever it is).
    Well, first day of my week off work today. Had the family over, hubby made lots of food….too much, naturally. Plenty left over…

Day 24, Guildford UK, MFD

Woke full. Can’t really understand how to cope with all this water, and what about electrolytes? But it clearly makes me full and the extra calories in going to the loo obviously help.

Starting the day each day with water is good.

@sparklyshoes and @gretta we all need those weekends!

@snowflake56 such a pity, the dress is just so super gorgeous and I can see you in it. How does it fit badly? Shoulders waist hips? Is there any way of adapting your underwear?
    The dress looks like it’s one of those designed for movement, a designer style for the catwalk. I have a dress like that, looks wonderful when I dance, not so much standing still.

@dykask I have an image of you in Japan springing back like a rubber band! Well done you.

@bert1802 I am determined too. Come join me on a destination of fat reduction! I need the support

And today

Meals and windows identical to yesterday 800 cals

Exercise body balance 60 mins and stretch 30 mins

Did not take bloods but P sticks showed NO KETONES AT ALL
    No ketones

Waaaaaaaaaah

Pocket list day 24
    @gretta
    @merryapple
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @sparklyshoes
    @missybear
    @sarahbob
    @fivetwofan5252
    @michelinme
    @beedoo
    @beththenew
    @fasterjo
    @ccco
    @rainbowsmile day 2 MFD

Mari

Day 24 – Eastern WA USA – LFD

Yay @ccco, a skill mastered! Definitely worth celebrating 🙂

@metatauta – I haven’t totally been following the milk conversation but a couple of things come to mind. One – that once I had a conversation with a nutritionally versed doctor on a plane. He said that we humans didn’t “need” milk after 2 years old. Another – that if you’re continuing on the LCHF path, real cream would add to your fat w/o the carbs of milk. I use cream or nut milk in my coffee concoctions for that reason.

@snowflake56 – that picture is definitely worth a 1000 words. If you like what you have well enough, you could always get them altered a tad if you liked as another option.

@ciren2 – enjoy your week off! Hopefully your foot will thank you.

@diana123 – may God give you strength and encouragement during this difficult family time.

Pocket list day 24
    @gretta
    @merryapple
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @sparklyshoes
    @missybear
    @sarahbob
    @fivetwofan5252
    @michelinme
    @beedoo
    @beththenew
    @fasterjo
    @ccco
    @annemarilyn

We can do this!

Day 24, Gozo, Malta, cd

Fast day turned into a cd.

I made bulgur chicken pot which was low in calories. Also a beef and pear salad.

I ate both dishes I prepared plus three peaches, two coffees with honey and a nutty cereal bar. It ended into a cd instead of a fd.

Snowflake56 I do use my cookbooks but like you I normally cook from about ten or so. I sometimes like to read through some of them but I have read almost all of them and wrote down the recipes plus the page they are found in on pieces of
    Paper and leave them behind the cover for easy reference.

Good evening/night everyone, keep on keeping on.

Day 24 UK 2nd post

WFD has morphed into a good solid FD bc not feeling good, feels like the start of a virus. Had a couple of mugs of hot vegemite this afternoon then steamed cauliflower with spring onion and grated cheddar,then baked banana with cacao and a few almonds.

No project work done & had to send apologies for the guest blog bc can’t think feeling sick & tired. But did some good adapted yoga & meditation for the first time in a few days and reset my head. A Helpful reminder not to think i must somehow do everything I’ve been asked, and instead work on working out what’s sustainably possible – tho a bit trickier in the run up to event. Letting go of the day and setting myself up for an early start; hopefully better tomorrow after good sleep

@diana123 thank you for the Rumi reminder, which was key for me today! Thinking of you and your family x

Snowflake56 your dress looks nice

Day 24 Canada NFD

@michelinme I often feel like I need to reset my head and keeping a balance between work and life Hope you are feeling better soon.

@anna6 I love reading details of your meals, thanks for sharing

@rainbowsmile good luck with the WFD sounds like you are well hydrated 🙂

@shinything chocolate has a way of over ruling my plans often- will have to keep working on that

@diana123 all the best to you and your family

Thanks for those who are sharing successful stories while in maintenance, it is inspiring. My clothes are feeling a little looser but I am not there yet!

Day 25 NFD Auckland
    I had a great fast day until I went to the supermarket and bought a bar of salted caramel and dark chocolate… Then had Cumberland sausages for dinner! So much for 500 cals!
    @snowflake56 That dress is amazingly! Absolutely love it!
    My OH is a decluttering nightmare. He can’t make quick decisions about tossing things so the process gets completely bogged down…
    @metatauta I seem to remember that hi calcium levels are not a function of eating / drinking too many dairy products but something related to the uptake of calcium which is under hormonal control.
    A2 milk protein was first identified here in NZ. It’s all about the individual cows. Some produce the A1 milk protein variant and others A2. Some dairy farmers have only A2 herds here. It’s meant to be easier to digest. Not all humans (eg many Asians) have the gene that produces the enzyme for milk digestion past infancy.
    Cheers everyone!

2nd post of day 24

OMG!! I am soooooo darn hungry! My belly has been an active Gus all day! I had forgotten how bad the first day can be! The only symptom, I haven’t gotten was beefing cold. I wish, I had gotten it though. I am starting to come out of my brain fog, which I am grateful for!

It won’t last long, in no time it will be back to normal.
    I’m not sure who is new or not, I don’t want to be a broken record but…..

For those just starting out…..All these symptoms, I displayed here are just temporary. I am asking my body to do something, it not used to. For the new ones, something you body has never done.
    My belly is just being demanding, instead of using the resources that are available, it wants instant gratification. Do not give in to its demands make it work for you.

Once your belly realizes that it must uses it stored resources it will calm and you should never feel hunger pans again. Unless your like me and fall of the wagon.

Brain Fog…. well that’s the belly’s fault too because it’s not using its stored resources.

The stored resources, I referring to are hanging around you mid section, around your legs and butt! Now once your belly stops fighting you and uses those resources you will see them getting smaller even though your weight may not change.

Do not stop what you are doing, this WOL and WOE is working!
    Eventually your weight will catch up! Weight loss is the slowest reactor in our body, it takes a minute or two for that bomb to blow!

Okay, well, I’m off….. turkey and veggies for dinner!

It was me……. I admit it…… I let the dogs out!

Day 24 Ohio, US — FD (#13)

Oops! It appears I got my timeline off so here goes:
    Day 20 FD (#12)
    Day 21 NFD
    Day 22 NFD
    Day 23 NFD

Usually when I get my days out of sequence, it means that my allergies are acting up and since they started bringing in the harvest last week I guess that makes sense. I think that I wrote the right comments on the correct days, just messed up on the numbering.

Thanks, @rainbowsmile and @snowflake56 for the encouragement about selling the house. Actually I won’t be ready to leave my present dwelling until next June. Unfortunately, somehow the word about the house got into the grapevine at work and a principal candidate for purchasing the house came to me last Thursday, said he was interested, and wanted to get the ball rolling on it. That was why I spent so much time over the weekend working up a reasonable price for the house. He and his wife came over to see the house today and we’ll have to see how things develop. That added stress may also have contributed to my getting the date sequence off and it certainly contributed to the extra desserts I had on Friday and Sunday. The amazing thing is today’s FD has gone very smoothly. It’s almost as if the FD’s are becoming oases of stability in my weeks. Have other people had a similar experience?

Day 24, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Late check in before going to bed.
    Today: Tai Chi, house chores and healthy food.

See you all tomorrow! 🌼🌻🌺

Day 25, Finland, FD

Wow so busy forum this month, can hardly keep up with them all. While I haven\t posted as often as I should, I have read most of the posts.
    I have had an up and down month….great start, was happy to see 93.5 before heading off to London for a long weekend. While I didn’t go crazy, I enjoyed myself. Didn’t do too much damage, but finding it hard getting back into swing of FD.Am going to change my usual day of Monday to tuesday, find it really challenging to play floorball Monday night after fasting all day….psychological I know, but that’s how it goes. I don’t think I will make my goal of 93, although I have night shift coming u on the weekend so I will be close. I am happy that my pre FD weight is staying below 95kg. This has definitely been a slow tortoise year of loss, but the key is loss right?!

Pocket list for today
    @kerryn73

Day 24, London, UK, FD

Feeling refreshed this morning because I spritzed MO ALL over last night, took a Niacin tablet (anxiety relief) and slept & awakened in the same position ………………………. I love when that happens, my fitness tracker registered ZERO movement throughout the night!!!!!! Red wine has the same effect except for the refreshed part the next morning!!!!!

@kerryn73, you’re so right, a loss is a loss is a loss!!!!! And as someone helpfully pointed out before, 1/2lb per week is 26lbs per year!!!!! THAT I could manage as I know I’m a tortoise, with a limp, making my way in the slow lane!!!!!

Keep the faith people!!!!

Day 25 UK NFD

Busy few days having fun with OH & DS – arranged for them to drive a Morgan Three Wheeler for the day around the Malvern Hills. Picked the car up from the factory where the reception area was full of guys beaming like Cheshire cats at the thought of driving and admiring these little cars. It wasn’t long before my guys were beaming from ear to ear! Beautiful day all round, so lovely to see their joy, a well needed day after a lot of family stress.

Consequently last two days eating has been a bit random and last night out of control after OH bought wine gums in a Petrol station, set of my sugar addiction and had 3 pieces of jam on toast when I got home, woken today completely dehydrated and feeling yuck. Another family gathering today in a Thai restaurant so need to be careful.

Post reading has suffered these past few days, skimmed a bit.
    @snowflake56 – what a beautiful slinky sexy dress – such a shame that on it’s not working for you. I’m sure you’ll find the right one and you’ll look fab and stunning!
    Glad the shedding of books and kilos was a success. Interesting to know how your weight settles. Are you doing three FD’s this week?
    Our house selling and buying always seems to coincide with peak Brexit! We sold just after the referendum and now seem to be about to buy during peak negotiations, feels scary buying right now but we need the end to our limbo. Good luck @matpi with your house sale, fingers crossed it won’t be as stressful as ours, but that would be impossible!

Interesting chatter about milk – we are the only species that drinks milk beyond infancy and the only one that drinks another species milk – laws of nature implies that’s not righty. Knowing this I still struggle giving it up, especially in yoghurt and cheese form. Have embraced being veggie this past year and hope to be a happy healthy vegan eventually. Like this fasting WOL it’s a work in progress.

@ciren2 – a van and 20,000 + steps, your round must cover a county! Enjoy your week off, well deserved and literally put your feet up!

@diana123 – thoughts and best wishes during these tough times and sharing it out to all needing some TLC right now.

Wishing those with very personal and challenging goals loads of success, your motivation I hope will be infectious to me so keep sharing thoughts and reflections and yay more Saturday FDers!!!

Beautiful blue sky autumn day again, very uplifting.

Best wishes everyone.
    Ta x

Day 25 – France – FD

This is Day 2 of a B2B fast day. Am aiming for a third one later this week, in order to have a chance of reaching my -2kg goal for this month. I may well reach it but it will not have been easy. Last night I made a delicious stir-fry of many colorful veggies, with some chicken. I made rice for my family but didn’t have any. *proud of self* 🙂 I did have a glass of wine, though, I can only be so strong!

@kerryn73 For October I am also aiming for -1kg loss per month, which is about half a pound per week like you. Less pressure because I found losing 2kg in September was pretty tough! Still not there yet!

Day 25 London UK – NFD

It’s a quiet day in the office so I’m going to catch up on posts throughout the morning, in between working my way through the to do list, to keep me away from the treats desk in the office! Have got two screens open and am typing this into an email so I can keep coming back to add to it.

Yesterday’s FD went well. I was well under 500 cals after my OMAD so ended up having some 90% dark chocolate my husband had brought. Whilst I do love dark chocolate, I must admit 90% was a bit too bitter…but as it was the only chocolate in the house I persisted!! I go through phases from being able to say no to it… to hunting it out as though my life depends on it!

@flourbaby I love how organised you are with planning your weeks meals. I aspire to be like this and think I will try it on Sunday for next week’s meals! If you fancy sharing any meal ideas, I’d love to read them!

Speaking of which, for last night’s FD meal I made a chicken dish with mushrooms, bacon, peas and a parsley sauce which worked out as just 260 cals per serving (the recipe serves 4). I added a 2 tablespoons of cream cheese which is 80 cals so this only bumped the calorie count up to 280 per serving. I would highly recommend it! Would also be really nice with lentils/chickpeas/butter beans instead of or as well as the mushrooms. Recipe linked here:

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2469648/chicken-with-mushrooms

@ciren2 I hope you are resting those weary feet of yours and enjoying your well-earned week off.

@michelinme Hope you are feeling better today and that virus passes quickly. Lots of R&R for you x

@merryapple Your salted caramel dark chocolate sounds like heaven. Was it Whittakers by any chance? We can’t get that brand here and I still think about it 8 years on from when I lived there!

@bert1802 you are so right, this WOL and WOE does indeed work despite the scales and body being out of sync! A good reminder. How was the turkey and veggie dinner? You’ve reminded me that I picked up some turkey mince…I love spicy food and Asian flavours, am thinking something like this at 253 calories per serving: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/6593/spicy-mince-and-lettuce-cups

@dingping your family day sounds like so much fun. Is there anything that lifts the heart more than bringing joy to loved ones and seeing them happy?! Enjoy the thai food today with your family and remember that there will be fast days in the near future to balance it all out.

@matpi I think they say that moving house is one of the most stressful things we do so I reckon you could have done a lot worse than a couple of extra desserts! Hope it all runs smoothly. I totally agree with the FDs being an oasis of stability (so well put!). I find it’s far too easy to get carried away on NFDs, especially if I start eating earlier in the day. I need rules and boundaries! Am now in maintenance – trying to stick to 16:8 every day and attempt to make it to 1pm before first meal on NFDs. However, this is the real world and so I do give myself leeway but on the whole this works well for me.

@rainbowsmile I love reading your detailed accounts about the challenges you set yourself. Last month’s water fast marathon and this month’s 800 calorie days. I am on the side-lines cheering you on!

Have been reading all the milk chat with great interest. I switched to almond milk when I started 5:2 back in mid-June, simply because almond milk is low in calories. I had heard people talking about cow’s milk not being good for us but not really thought about it in any further detail so I’m learning a lot now. One of the great things about this forum is the collective knowledge sharing!

@sarahbob I hope you are okay and feeling a bit perkier. Hopefully the sunshine today is helping. The closer we get to the end of the month the more I am dreading Ripped in 30! Need to look up some online reviews and before and after photos to motivate myself!

Hope everyone is having a good day, be it FD, NFD or anything in between. Stay on track, we’ve got each other’s backs!

Day 25……Florida….NFD

Oh my I slept, so good last night! It’s been a while since I’ve done that!

Today, is going to be a hard day food wise. I’ll be on the road all day making lunch a very trying part of the day. It’s just so easy to grab junk and move on. I’ve been trying to think of all the places, I could run into in my travels that would provide a healthy lunch option.
    Thank goodness, my travel days are scheduled on NFDs.

Just to add to the milk discussion. I’m not sure about across the pond but many of our milk products and meat products are boosted with chemicals and hormones, so that the animals produce quickly and higher amounts. I hear this is even true in organic substances but instead of chemicals, they are using an organic blend to produce the same results. If we think about it, there are plenty of all natural products in our environment that can produce the same growth just at a slower rate then some man made products.
    While I don’t necessarily believe in eating all organic products because I don’t really believe in all the hype. Plus, I’ve actually seen the different types of natural products that can be used on so called organic foods to boost growth.
    As far as milk is concerned….. no offense but it is the most awful product ive ever tasted. Hated since I was a little one. But that’s a story for another day.
    If your really worried about getting the need vitamins and minerals that milk products provide, there are other alternatives.
    Okay that’s my two cents….

Well, if I don’t get a move on, I’ll never get anywhere….

It was me……. I admit it……I let the dogs out!

Day 25 NC USA NFD
    Did a 800 FD and was down 1lb this morning though from experience I know it will pop back up a bit tomorrow. Have lunch plans with a friend and dinner plans with my sister. Goal is to stay at or under TDEE.

Day 25 NC USA NFD

Did a 800 FD and was down 1lb this morning though from experience I know it will pop back up a bit tomorrow. Have lunch plans with a friend and dinner plans with my sister. Goal is to stay at or under TDEE.

Day 25 North Canton OH NFD

I had a successful FD yesterday, sorry I did not post; its been a busy few weeks and I am still trying to catch my breath.

@strawberriesandcream, that dress is money!! Maybe buy a size larger and tailor to fit?

I gotta run, have a blessed day everyone

Day 25 UK CD/FD?

Thank you so much for the good wishes – what a difference a day makes! Focusing on physical and mental health plus a solid FD seems to have reset my brain and body nicely.

Early night and slept like a log thanks to new batch of magnesium oil with added lavender. Difficult to wake up this morning but I was a Woman With A Plan! didn’t quite fit it all in but enough to get my day off to a better start. I think a good morning routine is my next priority – making plenty of time for yoga & meditation, thinking space and resetting body. It would be amazing to feel I’m gently ready for the day before I let the world in!

This morning I was back down to 144lbs – right where I started this yoyo September. Body feeling different again – my bust seems to have shrunk in the night! – and dress that was taken in in July now swimming on me. Also noticing how much colder I feel without the warmth of my fat suit – this time last year I weighed 35lbs more and didn’t feel anything like this cold. Today I’m sitting with a hot water bottle down the back of my chair bc I was freezing indoors with windows closed and only wearing warm dress, leggings, socks, scarf and a turban!

My week seems to be shaping up to be about resetting, planning and preparing. I’m skipping my usual meetings-in-town Weds bc of a 1/2 day trustees meeting Thurs inc lunch, which throws my usual FD pattern. But delighted to make the most of the opportunity to rebalance as well as get on top of project things. The absolute gift of time working at home and a long succession of early nights feels wonderful.

Oops time has slipped again – I’ll come back and reply to posts later 🙂 Wishing you all a good day, whatever shape it is xx

Day 25 UK NFD

Feeling much perkier today. Too much information, but my periods are all over the place lately so my hormones have been going mad crazy and I’ve not been feeling myself at all. I just need them to stabilise so I can be a happy little bouncy bunny again! ☹😭

@beedoo, aww you didn’t need to purchase a DVD player but wahooo now we can continue being JM buddies lol 💪

I’m also not exactly looking forward to starting Ripped in 30. I’ve only ever got part way through it but I WILL complete it this time.

Wishing everyone an awesome day.

Day 25 USA – NFD

Keeping at maintenance, although wonder if I could actually lose a few more pounds in the next weeks. Not sure…

Working today on our fledgling Children’s Museum for our region – I do P.R. for that. For a retired woman, I have far too many irons in the fire, but they keep me out of trouble. Ha ha. Had our first Choral Society rehearsal last night (I direct it) with pretty good turnout.

Will try to get to reading posts and replying later on.

Onward and downward.

USA Day 25 FD

Yesterday’s FD went well at about 500 calories. Today I am planning a 259 calorie FD. I am working my way to another water FD. I had returned to drinking wine at night and I think that caused the regain of weight, so I have eliminated again. Maybe when I reach my goal, I will be able to add it more about twice a week. I will have to see how that goes because I am trying to make this a permanent weight loss. Yesterday, I did all my exercises, which makes me feel great. I will repeat that again today. Have a great day, everyone!

I didn’t see a pocket list, so I will start one:

@ccco

Day 25 Canada FD

Really excited to have a FD ahead of me, I have so much to do and lots of reports to write. For me the FD’s bring a real mental clarity. Plus I need to focus on why I attack chocolate on the NFD’s, really not good!

5:2 is such a great WOL, the concept isn’t complicated and is flexible and doesn’t cost anything. It has made me realize I really don’t need to consume as much food as I have been (and I eat way too much chocolate!!). And maintenance is just as straight forward, thanks to all the long timers for sharing their success!

Pocket list for today-
    @kerryn73
    @ccco
    @bellyblast

Have a fantastic day everyone

Day 25 Belfast NFD
    Just a quick check in as I unpack, do my washing and clean the house (a decorator was in painting my hall and stairs) and get back to some routine.
    Arrived home last night at 1am and have been freezing ever since. The scales are shouting at me, so I have some serious back pedalling to do to get my weight back into my maintenance window.
    My thoughts are with all of you who are struggling with family illness or emotional stress. May you find inner strength to deal with all your troubles.

Onwards and downwards.

Viewing 50 posts - 851 through 900 (of 1,074 total)

You must be logged in to reply.