September 2018 – Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
September 2018 – Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 1,071 replies, has 74 voices, and was last updated by  FasterJo 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 701 through 750 (of 1,074 total)

• Day 18, Gozo, Malta, cd

Today I made a tuna fish salad for both my pregnant daughter and my husband. I woke up at 5.45 am went to 6.00 mass and grocery shopping and then fixed the salads. For my daughter I added an avocado along with sweet corn, salad leaves, black olives and two boiled eggs. For my OH I eliminated the eggs and avocado and added some artichokes.

For this evening I made a chicken pesto one pot. Chicken with pesto, onions, red peppers, zucchini, pesto, pine nuts, thyme, rosemary and seasoning.

This evening my two sister in laws are coming for me to dine out as one of them has her birthday 🎂. I plan to have only one course.

Weight is 68.3 kilos this morning.

Have a great Tuesday everyone, onwards and downwards

Day 18. Florida

NFD. Did good on my FD. Another hot day. Not much going on.

Have a great day.

Day 18, Rocky Mountains, US, FD 800 cals

Off to the ophthalmologist for my annual check, not looking forward to it because I am quite nervous, as always, about the whole procedure. 🙁😟😖
    After my vision returns I might go for a hike. In the evening I go to Qigong. Today I really like to get a good modified fast day under my belt.

Have a good Tuesday everyone!😊😊😊

Day 18 Canada FD

adding myself to the pocket list
    @snowflake56 2nd of B2B2B2B2B2B2
    @sparklyshoes
    @bellyblast

Day 18 North Canton Healthy eating day

Thank you for all the well wishes and thoughts. You guys are the best. Today started with 7am meetings and is still ongoing. I am chasing my shadow today. Will catch up on posts later.

My best to you all

Day 18 London UK NFD

Just checking in although I am being far from accountable and have been grazing all day. Nothing too unhealthy but mindless eating nonetheless. This is what happens when I have breakfast. I am really looking forward to my FD tomorrow!

Hope everyone is having a good day and staying on plan! Am out tonight so will look forward to catching up on posts tomorrow.

Day 18, UK, NFD

Thanks to all for your support and advice regarding Mrs R. I’ve agreed with her to switch to a 5:2 and exercise combo. So, I’m aiming for 2 very good FDs per week, plus a calorie burn of at least 2,500 per week. I know the science says exercise isn’t a massive contribution to weight loss, but I think if I can run 16-20 miles per week, and do my 2 boot camp fitness classes, and my hour of football/soccer, then I will either lose weight or die trying 🙂 I know I need to listen to my body, but at the moment it makes an awful thud sound as I go down steps, or a waddle noise as I walk along 🙂

So tonight it’s 45 min boot camp, possibly followed by a 3 mile run. Although the last bit might not happen if boot camp is as nasty as last Thursday. It’s been a long time since exercise made me throw up, but it was touch and go last week. Isn’t losing weight fun? 🙂

Happy fasting, fasters. May you all disappear behind lamp-posts.

Day 18 Minnesota, USA CD

Congratulations @basyjames on your promotion and being appreciated by your employer. That doesn’t happen often enough!

@snowflake, I’m cheering you on with all of your FD’s this week. Even a couple done is an achievement, but if your body is telling you it’s doing fine with all of them, then go for it!

@Redrockgirl, good luck at the Ophthalmology appt. What is it you dread? The dilation? It’s a very strange feeling to be sure.

@bert1802, congrats on the position in management! I hope you won’t get snooty now! 😉

@anna6: when you do controlled days, do you have a target caloric intake? Do you stay at or go under TDEE? I am going to try your schedule this next month. I am really feeling that two years ago when I lost 28 lbs in 5 months that I had pushed it too much. I stopped enjoying the process and I felt like I had to keep up with others that were doing so well. Besides losing almost half of my hair (I have a lot of hair so it wasn’t really a problem, but it scared me) I also felt tired all the time, and then I started dreading my FDs. I think that’s why it took me so long to get back into this WOE and back onto the forum. Your way, Anna, seems far more sustainable than what I did back then. After all, you’re still here! And still maintaining. I’m going to follow your example and make this time around a more pleasant way to lose weight and become truly healthy, both body and mind.

Good luck to everyone!

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts”. Winston Churchill

Day 18, London, UK, FD,

Late check-in, as I hopped the laptop off of the front step at work this morning, back home in time to post though!!!!

@rainbowsmile, I think you might be a little grumpy, am I right?? I’m intuitive like that LOL!!! Anyhow, ignore the big guy with the tiny brain, next time, just hold his head underwater to teach him some manners …………………. 3-4 mins should do it!!!!You know this WOL doesn’t require exercise to work ( I lost the 1st 30lbs doing nothing, zero, zilch, nada, zippo exercise!!!!) but I know I then developed the uncontrollable itch to MOVE!!! Don’t fret too much, fasting will speed up your recovery, there’s nothing else for your body to do except heal, then you’ll be back moving as good as new!!!

@basyjames, congratulations on the promotion!!!! ………………………….. it’s the one thing I’m trying to avoid like the plague!!!! A three day week is just about my limit!!!!

@johnnyr, I’m reading your post and contemplating where you’re finding the hours to do ALL of that in a week; as I watch (drool over) The Great British Bake Off …………………….. boot camp or bake –off??? What do you reckon????

Relatively simple/ easy FD completed today, no snacking as the cashew nuts are out of sight and I can’t remember where I hid them, and I’m just too knackered to go search for them …………………… success!!!!!

“Either you run the day, or the day runs you” – Jim Rohn

Day 18, UK, NFD

So far so good on NFD, I think being more mindful helps as is trying to keep under my TDEE 🙂

@basyjames congrats on your promotion, what a nice surprise that was 😀

@rainbowsmile I’m sorry you feel so rotten 🙁 , I hope you get better soon 🤗

@northerndawn I started doing Anna6’s WOE for the same reason, to make it more pleasant and sustainable. To me, thats the better strategy long term 🙂

I’m a bit worried about @at, she hasn’t been here for over 10 days! 🙁 That is so not like her! @at I hope you are ok 🙏

Have a great evening everyone, stay strong 😎

Day 18 – Eastern WA USA – LFD #2

Day 18 pocket list:

@sparklyshoes
    @bellyblast
    @annemarilyn 2nd of B2B2B2B LFDs

I’m aiming for 4 days 96 hours LFD. I get confused on how many Bs to put on the pocket list.

@snowflake – so how many days are you fasting? Are you keeping them at the 500 cal kind of fasting? It’s good to see folks changing it up to what makes sense for them.

@bert1802 – congratulations Sales Manager! Sounds like they believe in you!

@johnnyr – I think it depends on what a person’s goal is as to what makes the most sense to do. As some have mentioned, they recommend a measuring piece of clothing. Yes, what we eat or don’t and when, dictates much more of what we lose. But exercise will have many other benefits. Muscle takes up less space than fat and will change your body configuration. Do what makes sense for you. In the long run you want to be with your sweetheart and have a healthy body. Don’t get too crazy so you don’t burn out. I think your humour will help get you to your goals.

Together we’re stronger!

Day 18 UK unexpected FD

One of those days. Just got papers out for tomorrow’s big meeting, keeping in touch with sick mother and helping to keep DD’s energy positive ahead of job interview tomorrow afternoon. Shortlisted for 2 significant-step-up roles, v nervous for lots of non-job reasons (long story!) so keeping EVERYTHING crossed for her that she does as well as she’s able on her own two feet.

Still T I R E D. planning to shower and get to bed asap – forgot to eat and time disappeared in emails, budget, bios, re-writing back up papers, reordering agenda… my bad as i’m behind, tho i’m behind bc sick. But still no-one else’s fault so trying to be less grumpy and swamped and just stick with it. Need to make capacity to do morning meditation and yoga, it’s transformative!

Took one big frustration today and went out for 30 mins – sposed to be charity shopping but head in wrong place. instead stopped and enjoyed collecting conkers, then spent time rescuing a bumble bee. Much better value for money 🙂

@basyjames congratulations on being put forward for promotion – yay!
    @bert1802 congratulations on those v Grown Up business cards – yay!
    @rainbowsmile hope today is a better day – time for some more flowers, methinks xx as @flourbaby says, I’ve done no exercise on this WOL xc a v little adapted yoga at home around pleurisy & pneumonia/post-pneumonia fatigue… Come up and meet up & compare notes 🙂
    @at get well soon xx

food, shower, sleep and hopefully Future Me will have head in a better place. Wishing you strength for the journey xx

Day 18 – USA – NFD

Day 18 – Lima, Peru – 16:8

A great day weight-wise – I am officially under 80 kg (barely, I know, but still) – 79.9. Woohoo! Thanks to all for the support. Another nice ride this AM, despite sore legs, and a good day at work.

@basyjames – congratulations on the promotion! Good stuff!

@dykask – hope things get less hectic and you have more time to focus on your fasting.

@johnnyr – I find that exercise helps “keep me honest” – in my case I cycle, and climbing when heavier is no fun. I am not certain it makes a great difference in the short term to weight loss, but for me is an essential part of the WOL shift.

@rainbowsmile – sorry to hear that you are not yet healed. Hope you get less grumpy.

@snowflake56 – LOL. If it makes you feel any better, my regular lunch during the workweek is in the company canteen – salad with chicken breast – I bring in some olive oil and wee bit of vinegar. So I try to occasionally live it up on the weekends.

@flourbaby – yes, picarones are… simply awesome.

@beedo – yes, spring is coming, but not here yet – we continue to have more days of grim Lima weather (gray, no sun, super humid) than nice days…

USA Day 18 NFD

Tomorrow definitely needs to be a water fast day! I went way over my TDEE today, mostly due to eating from boredom!! 🙁

Day 19 – Japan – NFD

I’m way behind here. However 65 water fasts done in 2018.

Day 19 – Melbourne AUS – NFD

Yesterday was a pretty terrible DAFD, twinged the back at the gym (though nothing serious, and more because I wasn’t concentrating and bracing my core as I should), and spent the whole day distracted, failing to focus, and constantly looking for food to eat. Managed to keep it healthy during the day, but finished the day off with pesto pasta (v generous serve) and ice cream (cookie dough) *sigh*.

Today is a new day.

Have dinner with some girlfriends tonight, so will have a glass or two of wine, but it’s at a lovely Japanese restaurant so plenty of healthy options to choose out of.

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

Day 18 Ohio, US NFD

Nice smooth day. Kept it low sugar (29 g added sugars).

Enjoy Humpday!

Day 19, Emden Germany, FD

@sparklyshoes and @northerndawn I’m was feeling great after my LFD so I thought why not try to go on with FDs.

@annemarilyn I plan to eat a dinner under 500 cal each day and have chicken broth at hand when I’m feeling hungry. Perhaps I will join you on Friday with another LFD. I’m planning to do this for 6 days, noticed I had a 2 too much at the end.

@johnnyr how good you sorted it out with Mrs R, this will make it much easier. your exercise regime sounds hard to me, I’m only doing planks every day. I could do more, I have a workout in the basement.

@formerly-fat-pete ha, guess what, my dinner plans for tonight are: a salad with left over chicken from the broth I made yesterday.

@rainbowsmile how are you today?

Pocket list day 19

@snowflake56 3rd of B2B2B2B2B2B

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 19, Emden Germany, FD 2nd post

@annemarilyn when you do 4 LFD, you’re not doing one on Friday so I’ll join you tomorrow.

Day 19 – Spain 🇪🇸- NFD

Quick check in as I am not keeping to my promise to be a little accountable on holidays 😊. It’s been quite busy and barely have time to check my phone. Family arrived safely and we have had some fun times at the beach and the children’s pool with our 2 year old granddaughter…..but it’s very tiring doing nothing too!

I went to Zumba yesterday morning with my stepdaughter- that was fun but sweaty in the 28c morning heat. There are plans to go to Ferrari Land tomorrow, a theme park with rides based on Ferrari. Purely for the men in our group, not sure I really want to go, rollercoasters are not my scene. Hmmm

Food choices are not good. That breadbaby tum is still around. There will be lots of FD’s when I get back to reality at the end of September. In the meantime I am enjoying this long awaited break.

@basyjames and @bert1802 well done on your promotions 👍

Day 19 Madeira NFD

Madeira is such a beautiful island, and the people are charming. Lots of mountains and gorgeous scenery to take in. The weather is a pleasant 25 degrees and our apartment is set in beautiful gardens, including an orchid garden. ‘Bird of paradise’ grows almost like weeds and the vegetation is lush. A beautiful pool has beckoned and the water is just the right temperature. I’m in heaven! Off today into the mountains to view some of the island. There are great walks in the Levadas, but sadly OH is not big on hiking. We’re still managing about 15000 steps a day and the hills around Funchal are getting the lungs puffing!

Food choices have been good so far. Lots of salad and fish 💪

Have a good day everyone.

Day 19, London, UK, NFD,

Quick check-in as yesterdays’ workload needs to be completed now the laptop situation has been rectified ………..… note to self, when struggling to carry too many things ……………………… let go of EVERYTHING else before the laptop!!!!!!

@debster251, I’m soooo jealous, I love Madeira, but we haven’t been for the last couple of years. I say I love Madeira, but really I mean Goya, Mozart, Chris’s & my favourite, Armazem do Sal!!!!! After indulging we always get a few levada walks in to balance the generous meals!!!!!

I hope we’re still staying focussed, we need this & we’ve got this WOL!!!!!!

DAY 19 FD – UK

So, last week all my great plans for September went out of the window! I missed THREE FDs as I was ill all week. So lots of eating and barely any exercise at all for about ten days.

So although I did a FD on Monday, I’m feeling rubbish!!! I feel like I’m heavier than when I came back from holiday, aggggh!!!

On the up side, this month I’ve done 4 x FDs and today is my 5th.

On the downside, I had planned to do 12 X FDs and now I will only get in 9 X FDs (if all goes well!)
    I feel like I will only get back to ‘square one’ by end of September, rather than actually lose weight.

I guess another upside is that I’ve realised that exercise really does help keep the weight off! (I know that is a bit obvious!) But I’ve been incredibly sedentary recently (illness plus unusually for us, our holiday was an inactive one) and that has really made an impact on the scales. Although I haven’t actually weighed myself! I don’t dare!

I will weigh myself at the end of the week and see what the damage is…

Day 19 – FD, UK

I wrote a long post but it has disappeared!!

I think there is a bug as it looks like I pressed ‘submit’ at the same time as FlourBaby (above).

Will check later to see if my post has reappeared…… 🙁

Day 19 UK NFD
    Day 18 NFD
    Day 17 NFD

Lots of things that have been hanging in the air are reaching their conclusions and it seems life can move on from the limbo that has surrounded me for a long long time. Feeling very numb following powerful events this week, but ok. My emotional life has very much been a rollercoaster these past few years but I hope things are hitting a long straight run, phew!
    Thankfully this has coincided with my new way of doing 5:2 with 4:3 instead and B2B, this helps me stay focused and as the first day is the worst if I can get beyond that then the others are easier, long may that continue!

@snowflake56 – you are on a roll too and LFD in the mix, WOW! Good luck and joining you from tomorrow onwards. Glad you took a listen to Gil Evans, I’m not a jazz fan but found this a beautiful blend.

@flourbaby – why is it so easy to write a plan on paper?! We’re owning this WOL!!

@wellrounded – take care of yourself and your daughter, best wishes to you both.

@michelinme – Your mug cakes sound very tempting! But anxious for you and your feelings of being ‘overwhelmed’, take care x

Hang in there ‘grumpy’ @rainbowsmile! x

@merryapple – what a great inspiration you are in that a hectic life can’t be used as an excuse to not succeed! good luck with your trip to London and the exhibition, I might just come and take a peep!

@basyjames – congratulations, new horizons hopefully in the pipeline.

@annemarilyn – I’m not surprised you got confused, I thought at first @snowflake56 declaration was because her fingers got carried award on the keyboard! Good luck to you both.

Positive, positive positive despite the dull day outside.

Ta x

Day 19 London UK FD

Am I glad it’s an FD today! I really need it. Funnily the scales don’t reflect how I’ve been eating (mindlessly) but they can take a couple of days to catch up sometimes. Which is why I love the knowledge that a good FD can help counteract that! Feeling so much more positive since your supportive thoughts about comments at work. Met with a girlfriend last night who was genuinely interested in this WOE and has asked me to send details. It was so nice to talk openly about it without worry of being judged! My enthusiasm is back! When I was looking up a few notes to send to her about IF/5:2 I came across this (apologies I cant find where I got it from now) and thought I’d share here. It’s second nature and obvious to those who have been doing this for a long time but I think it’s a short and simple reminder to those who are recent joiners (myself included as I started this WOE in mid June). Appreciate that we all have our take on this and it’s the beauty of it but just in case it’s helpful to anyone:

1. Avoid sugars and refined grains. Instead, eat fruits, vegetables, beans, lentils, whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats (a sensible, plant-based, Mediterranean-style diet).
    2. Let your body burn fat between meals. Don’t snack. Be active throughout your day. Build muscle tone.
    3. Consider a simple form of intermittent fasting. Limit the hours of the day when you eat, and for best effect, make it earlier in the day (I tend to do roughly 12.30-8.30, not so early but it’s worked for me).
    4. Avoid snacking or eating at nighttime.

Busy day at work today so I sadly cannot linger or catch up on posts just now. It’s my Friday and I’m looking forward to getting out of here come 5pm!

Pocket list day 19 – Add yourself and join us – THERE’S STRENGTH IN NUMBERS!

@snowflake56 3rd of B2B2B2B2B2B
    @fivetwofan5252
    @beedoo

Post #2

Well my earlier post has truly disappeared 🙁

I’m disappointed with my September efforts. I was ill for a week and as a result missed 3 x FDs.

I’m trying not to use any negative words but I am feeling really B L U M P Y right now!

I’m feeling like my goal is fast disappearing over the horizon instead of getting closer!!

Also I’ve done no exercise recently (illness plus a rather sedentary holiday which is unlike us!)

I had never realised how much of a difference exercise makes until now! I think this is what allows me to eat/drink whatever I like five days per week and I hadn’t appreciated this until nearly a month with no exercise.

Anyway, trying to get back on track now. This is my second FD this week. I plan another for Friday.

A massive HATS OFF to @snowflake56 !!!

Adding myself to the pocket list
    @sparklyshoes
    @bellyblast
    @fivetwofan5252
    @beedoo

Day 19 USA (Illinois) NFD

Very good FD yesterday right about 450 calories. I needed that. It was quite easy as I have a cold, and don’t really taste food very well. Hopefully today’s DAFD will be good.

@debster251 – your trip sounds marvelous! Yeah for you! Madeira sounds delightful.

@daffodil2010 – enjoy your time in Spain! That is the most important thing.

@beedoo – great advice on how we ought to eat. Thanks for posting that.

@johnnyr – yeah for you and Mrs. R with your compromise. 🙂

Onward and downward.

Day 19 North Canton OH Healthy eating day

It still feels weird not to be fasting every day during the week; it’s been a habit for so long. My head is stuffy from a developing cold; agh hate it!

Yay @johnnyr I am so glad you were able to reach a nice compromise with Mrs R. Dude, your exercise plans are hardcore! 45 minute Bootcamp + 3 mile run; you are motivated for sure :) I wish you great success!!!

@northerndawn I agree with you about sustainability and enjoying the process. I can get very obsessive and I think earlier this year I was doing so with my B2B2B fasts every weekday and while I did not dread fast days, I was not enjoying the process as much as I did in the beginning.

@flourbaby I never thought this would be my path either, but since the opportunity has presented itself…. I went from 3 days a week (12 hour days) to m-f with flexible hours and I was pleasantly surprised that I like it. We will see; I am praying fervently for the right direction to be revealed to me.

@shinything you’re right about AT. AT we miss you and your words of wisdom!!!! Let us know you are ok.

@michelinme I will keep your daughter in my prayers

Wish I could write more, but I have a meeting in 5 minutes. Enjoy the day my friends

Day 19 – USA – NFD

Day 19 NC USA NFD
    I know I shouldn’t weigh on post NFD but I am back up a pound. 🙁 Still down about 10 lbs since I started though.

Day 19 – France – NFD

Just checking in. Today after my 2 B2B fast days i was just 300 grams short of my September goal! Very excited about that! Of course that number might go up in the next few days. Tomorrow will be a minefield as i am going to a reception in the evening.

@beththenew just ignore that number. There are always ups and downs, it’s the average that counts.

Day 19 Minnesota, USA CNFD

Yesterday’s CD turned into a FD, only because I wasn’t particularly hungry and by 5pm, when we usually have dinner, I hadn’t had more than coffee with one tbsp of cream, and water. So that gives me Monday FD of around 600 cals (I was trying for 365 but I’ll take it) and Tuesday FD at under 500. Weighed this morning and down to pre-holiday wt loss and a bit more. My stomach feels much better than when I started in August….not bloated and even a bit concave! That is so much more comfortable when trying to exercise a little, or even to lean over to tie shoes, etc. I’m envisioning the bad visceral fat, that surrounds organs and does so much damage to health, just melting away.

Today I’ll stay on 16/8 and no snacking after dinner. Planning for Buffalo hot wings this evening with salad and veggies aplenty. DH loves his wings and they aren’t too bad calorie wise if one limits them and eats more veg.

Slept poorly last night which is not unusual for me when I’m fasting. May have to try the magnesium spray I’ve seen discussed on the forums. The night before was an unusual FD night where I slept like a log, waking to occasional thunder and going right back to dreamland. It’s such a great pleasure to get a full good night’s sleep!! And probably one of the reasons I wasn’t hungry yesterday.

@michelinme: good luck to your DD, and good for you rescuing bumblebees!
    @gretta: it’s too easy to turn to food to distract us from pain and discomfort, isn’t it? At least you kept it mostly healthy. Probably not too much damage done, as active as you are.
    @snowflake56: it really is all about what our bodies are telling us as far as when and how often to Fast, isn’t it? Even though I intend to be a bit gentler on myself this time around over the long term, I do intend to do some B2B liquid fasts in the future for the benefits that kind of fasting can deliver to our bodies..
    @daffodil2010 and @debster251: I’m living vicariously through you both on your holiday travels. We are all enjoying your posts.
    @dingping: hang in there! I’m hoping you hit that emotional “Long straight run” soon and stay off the rollercoaster. We’re all cheering for you.
    @beedoo: It’s so wonderful you have a true friend who is obviously glad to see your progress and wants you to share your success with her. Also, great reminders of healthy eating guidelines to use with this WOE for the ultimate benefits.
    @fivetwofan5252: remember this is only one month of many you will have to get to your goal. I agree that while exercise isn’t necessary to lose weight on this WOL, it does help to keep appetite down, reduce anxiety and generally helps us to feel more positive. Well, for me, anyway.
    @songbirdme: in regards to your earlier post; yes, there are plenty of beautiful lakes in MN that people come from all over the country to vacation on, but our Son and his family live down in central Iowa so we join them down there for their convenience. Hope you get over that cold soon!
    @bethenew: I do weigh almost everyday, so I’ve seen the wild fluctuations the scale can show and just don’t worry about the day to day. It’s the weekly averages I pay attention to. Though I agree that when the scales go up unexpectedly, it can almost ruin your day if you let it.
    @sparklyshoes: Wow! Already almost to your September goal!! Keep that feeling of accomplishment in your mind and it’ll help you navigate that reception minefield tomorrow. Maneuver toward the healthy foods!

Best of luck, everyone! Stay strong, but especially be kind to yourselves.

Here I am, still standing on the sidelines…feeling fat and bloated after eating too much on returning from a hard day pounding the pavements at work. My Plantar Fasciitis has flared up too.
    I’m still trying to adjust to the fact that Waitrose has stopped selling my favourite Rachel’s Organic full fat yoghurt (black cherry….soooo deliciously addictive) and nobody else stocks it either. I feel so seriously lacking and am making up with chocolate Haagen Dazs ice cream….very BAD! Comfort eating (I know…I know…)
    I NEED to get back to the WOL…but how? how??

Day 19 – Eastern WA USA – LFD

Day 19 pocket list:

@sparklyshoes
    @bellyblast
    @fivetwofan5252
    @beedoo
    @annemarilyn 3rd of B2B2B2B

@snowflake56 – I’m glad you’re joining me for a LFD tomorrow. We can do this!
    @daffodil2010 – So good that you’re enjoying your family as you vacation! Priorities!
    @debster251 – your spot in Madeira sounds delightfully refreshing! Enjoy!
    FiveTwoFiveTwo5252 – I saw 3 posts by you. It’s goofy how that happens! Yes, it sounds like Sept has been disappointing so far, but there are still more days left. I’ve had those stretches too; months of plateauing or bouncing but not trending downward. For me, this is a turn around month. So many pieces play a part in our journey. For me I know I had a lot of stress in my last year of teaching this past year. I think I’m finally breathing deeply; stress is reduced & it’s working. Hang in there friend!
    @dingping – may you have a rest from the rollercoaster! 🙂
    @metatauta – did your new employer find you you another placement yet?
    @northerndawn – growing up in Winnipeg, MB we’d head down to Detroit Lakes,MN when the Canadian dollar was in a good place. Love the lakes in MN.
    @ciren2 – I’m sorry you’re feeling as you are but so glad you’re still posting. That’s a healthy sign. When we go through tough times and withdraw, I think it makes it double bad. Do you remember why you started 5:2 and how you did it at the beginning? Sometimes we try to make things more complicated. Also, make it suit you. Some of us aren’t early breakfast eaters, others are. So where we have our eating window varies. One thing I’m learning is generally not to snack between meals. Also, I’m finding LCHF meals are so satiating so I can go w/o eating for longer w/o hunger. I pray you find your way and also that your pain recedes. ((Hugs))

Glad we’re in this journey together!

Day 19, Guildford UK, NFD (yet again grump)

I will not moan or grump
    I will not moan or grump
    I will not moan or grump

I will remember August sunshine

So there

———————-

@wellrounded how is your DD I included her in my morning votive.

@fatfingers still routing for your 150 target

@michelinme love the idea of mug cakes but I am so incompetent at them.

I would love love love to meet up. How can we do that? Agree to a service station at a set time? I don’t know where you are in Surrey and it’s huge. I was planning to meet @diana123 in October but injury has put a stop to that, I have had to defer until March 2019.

I will bring you flowers.

@ciren2 I worry about your feet even more than mine. All that’s happening is my toned bits are going untoned and the fat is cummulating on HP moustache tummy.

@northerndawn holiday eating is too easy

@snowflake56 fluctuations, it happens, back to it now, orders Ms Grumpy who is wagging fingers (but not toes)

@slacknz 16lb is amazing in 3 months. Superb. So thrilled for you.

@basyjames @annemarilyn and @snowflake56 I had a good grump about the big man as it has set me back on my weight bearing and put me off going in the pool. I am not allowed my big boots in the pool so feel vulnerable.

@merryapple my eye was immediately drawn to new outfits. So tell, tell tell…… colours fabrics fit make etc etc even better links

@anna6 more lovely scrummy food. Sigh…..

@johnnyr tell me about the boot camp, I can live through knowing about your boot camp.

@flourbaby (aka lovelavadawalkstoo) @formerly-fat-pete grumpy (congrats at less than 80 btw) is as grumpy does, I am getting really really good at muttering under my breath

@shinything thank you for reminding me of mindful. My TDEE seems ultra low and although I am staying under 1400 the weight is going on. I do keto and 16:8 too.

@ccco WFD coming up if physio says ok on Friday.

@basyjames and @bert1802 I celebrated your promotions for you with some chocolate.

@fivetwofan5252 they say we can’t exercise away a bad diet but if I don’t exercise my TDEE clearly drops (damn it). Together with @dingping hang on to my hand, we will get through these rough patches and back to it. Its just a big blip. We can latch on to @beedoo enthusiasm. Your thoughts are always useful @beedoo. We need those.

@at I am coming to find you because it’s not fair not to post.

I am thinking of changing my handle to #grumpygrump#
    #grumpygrumptemp#

Mari

Day 19 UK FD

Just a quick drop in to say hi. Fast day went well and I am hoping to do a third fast day later in the week.

I’m all up to date with my 30DS now. @beedoo oh no about Ripped I’m 30. Please let me know what alternative you decide on.

Good night folks.

Day 19 pocket list:

@snowflake56 2nd of B2B2B2B2B2B2
    @sparklyshoes
    @bellyblast
    @fivetwofan5252
    @beedoo
    @annemarilyn 3rd of B2B2B2B
    @sarahbob

Day 19, UK, FD

Its been a very windy day here! I went out and at one point almost fell over, or rather was pushed over by the wind 😮 . Birds were all over the place, their landing was not perfect to say the least, so funny 😂 . FD is going well so far, I still have room for a small snack/meal 🙂

@michelinme how did your DD do? I was thinking of her today.

@ciren2 sorry to hear your foot pain is back and you are feeling a bit rubbish, sending you positive and healing vibes 🤗

@daffodil2010 and @debster251 love reading updates from your holidays, am jealous a bit

For all who are struggling …. remember that if you fall of the wagon its ok, just get back on it, because the alternative is not an option.

Have a great day everyone ❤

Day 19 pocket list:

@sparklyshoes
    @bellyblast
    @fivetwofan5252
    @beedoo
    @annemarilyn 3rd of B2B2B2B
    @sarahbob
    @shinything

Day 19, Gozo, Malta, fd

NorthernDawn on controlled days I eat rather within tdee or about 200 or 300 calories below tdee. I aim to eat below but don’t count calories as such but eat two sensible meals and snack on fruit and maybe a nutty cereal bar. I do count calories on fast days and they are normally between 750 to 850 calories. Sunday is the day when I don’t count calories and also a feast day. Do be careful of cds though as sometimes I gain weight over the weekend. I find this wol sustainable. I do need to lose about four kilos though to be the weight I desire.

Today I baked chicken with aubergines, zucchini and red peppers drizzled everything twice with extra virgin olive oil, sea salt, pepper and dried rosemary.

Have a great evening/ night everyone.

Day 19, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Tai Chi and gardening! 😊😊😊

@northerndawn: yes, drops in my eyes, numbed and dilated. But everything is ok and that is the most important thing! 😊

Have a good Wednesday/Thursday! 🌼🌻🌸

Day 19 NFD

Long day, skimmed posts but laptop screen playing up – I’ll come back to read & respond tomorrow.

Think I’ve done around a 16:8 – got through 6hrs meetings & an evening community event with some good decisions. Delighted I remembered to stop drinking coffee & switch to peppermint tea, drink a whole litre of water while out, and eat undressed salad & fruit in between meetings despite cravings. Then came home after 12 hrs out & wolfed a whole pkt of graze smoky vegan protein beany things, c725 calories the pack! Also gk yog with cacao, almonds & dates and a quick litre of water. Now feeling absolutely Stuffed, and even more tired.

Heading for bed, hoping for 9 hrs sleep plus time for yoga & meditation before a busy errand & appt Thurs kicks off….

Whatever is happening, find a moment to take a few breaths and centre yourself – you’re doing better than you know xx

Day 20 Aust FD
    Hi, everyone. I’m doing my 1st FD of the week today as I have been away. Have played 2 golf games this week already, so am hoping B2B FD’s will see some good results. My stomach is being very noisy & it’s only just after 9 am, but it’s only those fat cells crying out from greed & I will ignore them. Have a great day 🙂
    Pocket list-
    @cateaus

Day 19 – Lima, Peru – 16:8

Another good day. Got my exercise in and had a positive day in the office. Weight down again and am at 79.6 -I’ll take it. Beyond that, weather has taken a turn for the worse and it is very chilly again. Sheesh. I hate it when spring gives you a taste and things plunge back into winter!

Beyond that, everyone continue to hold fast! Onwards and downwards!

Day 19 Ohio, US NFD

Another low-sugar day: 30 g added sugars. So far it appears that if I keep my sugar consumption at this level, there is no craving and/or overeating sweets. Even with stress at work starting to increase this week, I’ve been able to maintain an even keel. So my goal right now is just to maintain the practice and let the good results happen of their own accord. My,my! Getting a little philosophical here.

Have a good evening and a great morrow!

Day 20, Guildford UK, WFD

So made a biggie. I am WFD for a few days, trigger some autophagy.

So

Pocket list

@cateaus
    @rainbowsmile WFD

Mari

Day 20, Emden Germany, LFD

just a quick check in this morning, DH off to work and I want to reorder some of the bookcases today. Have to clear out 2 rooms for renovation. Time to get out of bed.

@rainbowsmile lovely to hear from you!

Pocket list

@cateaus
    @rainbowsmile WFD
    @snowflake56 4th of B2B2B2B2B2B

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 20 – Melbourne AUS – FD

Pretty uneventful FD, starting to get a bit peckish but will have an early dinner before netball tonight.

@rainbowsmile hope the foot starts feeling better! Was internally soo mad at that rude guy in the pool, not fun at all. All the healing well wishes being sent your way!

Pocket list

@cateaus
    @rainbowsmile WFD
    @snowflake56 4th of B2B2B2B2B2B
    @gretta

Day 20 – Spain 🇪🇸 – NFD

Great day at the children’s pool and fun park yesterday. Spent a lot of time sliding on water slides with my granddaughter and good memories are being made

Off now to Zumba with my stepdaughter.

Later guys

Day 20, NFD, UK

Well very weird, yes, my other post has reappeared again! So yesterday I actually posted three times :))

@northerndawn AND @rainbowsmile – Thank you for your kind words!

@rainbowsmile, sorry you’re feeling grumpy! I know the feeling ATM!! Hope your lovely rainbow smile comes back soon!

Today is a NFD for me, but just checking in.

I did weigh myself this morning after my second fast day of the week. I have to see what damage has been done recently with unusual lack of exercise / illness.

I weigh one pound LESS than when I came back from holiday (at end of Aug) so I suppose that’s not too bad considering the above! So a little less grumpy today if I can try to put a positive spin on this!

Onwards and forwards!!

Good luck to everyone doing a FD today!

Viewing 50 posts - 701 through 750 (of 1,074 total)

You must be logged in to reply.