September 2018 – Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
September 2018 – Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 1,071 replies, has 74 voices, and was last updated by  FasterJo 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 651 through 700 (of 1,074 total)

• Day 16 UK NFD

Managed to get up & out early this morning despite getting to sleep late. Was tired & a bit grumpy tho bc no time for yoga or meditation, so didn’t deal with slightly difficult things well at all. Going to make a better effort to get to bed early tonight – sleep is much better done in the evening! Plan to get up early for morning yoga & meditation – starting Monday well will be so much easier if I plan ahead for it now 🙂

I’ve made pretty good food decisions today – had tiny flapjack, two small bananas and two clementines around 3pm, avoided carb/sugar/icecream in the supermarket in favour of alternative Sunday treats – wasabi seaweed, blueberries & tomatoes, yum. Just had egg salad with seedy toast on the side and just thinking about a second course as it’s not quite satisfying enough for my main meal. Tomorrow is scheduled to be a WFD and I don’t like to start them hungry. May even make a microwave mug cake w ground almond & cacao, served with blueberries & gk yogurt – yum 🙂

Need to get a wodge of stuff done tomorrow – last week’s backlog plus things related to a conference now only 4 weeks away. It’s the last planning meeting this week and i’m pretty behind. If I get stuff done tomorrow I’m going to let myself go out to a really interesting lecture series in the evening, if not I won’t. That’ll hopefully keep me motivated and focused!

I really enjoyed reading the posts today 🙂 Was lovely to hear about holidays, relieved to hear from absent friends, sending best wishes to all who are struggling with health.
    @ciren2 belated happy birthday greetings! Hope you are having a lovely long weekend
    wrxgirl so sorry to hear about your injury, and wish you well very soon x
    @rainbowsmile hope your technical trials are soon sorted
    @daffodil2010 sounds idyllic
    @debster251 have a wonderful time

Looking forward to spending the second half of this challenge alongside this lovely supportive bunch. Onwards & downward – together we are stronger

Day 16, Gozo, Malta, nfd

Yesterday we had a lovely time at the wedding. The mother of the groom which is a cousin of my OH attended with me the secondary school and insisted that I go dancing with her. And I did. I danced to a lot of songs the last one was called “It’s my life”. My OH just spend the wedding talking to friends and relatives.

So Songbirdme I enjoyed the wedding very much.

Today we went to eat sushi and Asian food. It was delicious. This evening it’s water and cold tonic water.

Have a great evening/night everyone.

Tomorrow it’s a fast day.

Day 16 London UK NFD

Have had a lovely busy weekend and have lost track…I’m not sure if I checked in here at all. I think I have at least a page of posts to devour tomorrow! Will look forward to them as I will be fasting. The FD I planned to do last time I checked in became an NFD but no matter as I did 2 FDs earlier in the week.
    Aim for the coming week will be 2 FDs and healthy eating on NFDs as I’ve not been so good on that front this week.

I’m ending Sunday in a positive mood. Husband commented today on how much happier I have been with my weight and body image since starting this WOE and it made me realise just how far it’s helped me come along in that respect. I felt so stuck in a rut before, and resigned to being unhappy about the way I looked. To celebrate how far I’ve come and to commit to not going back, I packed a huge bag of clothes that no longer fit and took it to the charity shop. It felt great. Going to hold on to this feeling – there are no comments at work that could take this away from me!
    Will catch up and post replies tomorrow. Hope you’ve had a good weekend and here’s to a strong week ahead xx

Day 16 – Eastern WA USA – NFD 18:6

Wow, the 1st 1/2 of September is done! For the first time in months, I have reached my goal for the month midway through it. Hopefully I’ll consolidate it and nudge a couple more off.

@beedoo – I’m glad your hubby commented favourably! It’s nice that he was observant and happy along with you. Feedback from those we love is worth so much more than from acquaintances. And to be able to donate a bunch of “too big” clothes; another positive!

@ciren2 – Happy long birthday weekend! I hate to say it, but a couple of hours in poor support can do damage. I’d consider getting rid of the shoes. I’ve had to do that do to foot issues. I’d be moving along in healing and then wear a pair of what I thought were good shoes only to end up hurting. I’ve donated some others, I’ve had to chuck. Our feet seem to change with different injuries and have different needs following those.

Enjoying food today! Getting ready to do 4 days of LFD – Monday through Thursday.

All the best to all my forum friends!

Day 16, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Hiking and gardening! 😊😊😊

@ciren2: Happy belated birthday! 🎂🍾🎈

Hope everyone had a good Sunday!🌻🌼🌸

Day 16 – Japan – NFD

Normally I fast on Monday, but moving my FD to Tuesday this week.

Day 16 Minnesota, USA NFD

Just a quick check-in. Staying under TDEE. I plan to have a good FD tomorrow; I really need one!
    I’ll add myself to the pocket list tomorrow morning.
    Good luck everyone.

USA Day 16 NFD
    Second Post

Had a good healthy eating NFD today. Tomorrow I hope to make a FD! Good night everyone!

Day 17 (Day 16 here) Ohio, US — NFD
    Day 16 — NFD

The two NFD’s went well, although last night I had two desserts: a piece of cherry pie at a restaurant after doing my weekly shopping and then after I came home I made a single serving of shortbread. At least I used whole wheat flour, so the calories weren’t completely empty.

Today was a low sugar day (32 g added sugars) with no desire for any dessert.

@beththenew I hope that you’ve weathered the storm well. My brother lives in SC, but far enough west that they only got 35 mph winds and light rain.

Day 16 – Lima, Peru – 16:8

Salutations all. A great Sunday here – spring is threatening to arrive and today we had a gorgeous sunny day. Weigh-in was a pleasant surprise – down to 80.1 kg (176.6 lbs). Happy Pete, despite my lunch of jamón serrano, manchego and red wine yesterday!

Today I may have exaggerated – went out to lunch – google Granja Azul restaurant Lima. Appetizer of anticuchos (grilled beef heart, a local speciality, is tastier than it sounds), lunch of roast chicken, fries and salad, and a desert of picarones (yup, google that one too!). No food after that lunch, but methinks tomorrow I need to be extra good to get back on track!

@wrxgirl – great to know you used to ride – hope you are able to start up again!
    @annemarilyn – nice to hear you enjoyed your Peruvian vacation and made it to Cusco. Although not a Peruvian I do like it here and am thrilled folks are beginning to appreciate all Peru has to offer.
    @daffodil2010 – that’s a nice bike. I am a wee bit jealous, but for now I blow all my disposable cash on carbon fiber go fast bicycle bits and… the occasional Pisco Sour! A nice bike is in my future though…
    @flourbaby – LOL. Risk it and the google the bits I am posting about!

All the best again everyone – hang in there and keep things going!

Day 17, Emden Germany, FD

had a great weekend with lots of food and too much wine. A lot of posts to catch up, will read them when I struggle with my fast today.

Pocket list day 17

@snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 17 – Melbourne AUS – FD

Hi all, still catching up on posts over the weekend, but thought I’d check in! Sounds like lots of you are having a great mid-month reflection. I’ve noticed that my chocolate cravings have been reducing as a direct result of making better food choices – I’ve been making sure i have some lovely thick greek yoghurt to snack on in the afternoon at 3pm or so, so I’m not tempted to get some chocolate, seems to be working so far!

Half marathon now in just under 4 weeks, and managed a 16km run on Saturday which I’m happy with. So feeling determined and positive about tacking the 21!

The weekends food was less controlled than I would have liked, but today’s FD has flown by and I’m feeling like it’s been a great reset.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Gretta

Day 17 – France – FD

Had a day of small home-baked indulgences yesterday. A few chocolate chip cookies and a few slices of banana bread! And made an Asian dish with ground beef and sticky rice for dinner. Today am back on the wagon.

Even with yesterday’s excesses, I am down one solid kilo from the beginning of the month.

Pocket list day 17

@snowflake56
    @sparklyshoes

Day 17, UK, NFD.
    My daughter is very unwell, I won’t be checking in for a while.
    Planned FDs this week: Tuesday and Thursday.

Day 17, UK, FD

I indulged a bit last night so I’m glad today is a FD :).

@ciren2 – “@shinything: are you really down to 44kg? Amazing..” – I am definitely not! 😮 I’m 53.5kg at the moment, aiming for 50kg, but will settle for a range 50-52kg to go into maintenance 🙂

@anna6 glad to hear you had a good time at the wedding 😀

@beedoo don’t let comments at work get you down and shake your confidence. If anything, if it happens again take them as a compliment 😎

@wellrounded that sounded worrying, I hope your daughter gets better soon xx

Pocket list day 17:

@snowflake56
    @gretta
    @sparklyshoes
    @shinything

Have a good day everyone 🌸

Day 17 – FD; Dublin, Ireland

Hi everyone,

just quickly checking in to add myself to the Pocket List for today. Super busy at work and future in-laws are visiting, but hoping to have 2 good FDs this week.

Good luck to everyone fasting today!

Pocket list day 17:

@snowflake56
    @gretta
    @sparklyshoes
    @shinything
    @moukinator

Day 17, Surrey (UK), FD

Mid month reflections:

If I do happen to reach the magic 150lb number this month (and that’s a BIG IF!), then I’d feel the need to continue with this WOE, just to avoid the bounce back behind the door to 10-stone-something land.

If I don’t, then that simply reinforces the need to continue.

So either way, I’m keeping on keeping on!

Pocket list day 17:
    @snowflake56
    @gretta
    @sparklyshoes
    @shinything
    @moukinator
    @fatfingers

Day 17UK FD

Race for life went well yesterday but I am very tired as the baby was up all night. So today is going to be a lazy day but hopefully a successful fast day. I will have to do 30DS tonight after the OH gets home from work.

Wishing you all a great Monday.

Pocket list day 17:
    @snowflake56
    @gretta
    @sparklyshoes
    @shinything
    @moukinator
    @fatfingers
    @sarahbob

Day 17 NC USA FD
    Feel a bit hungry already so hope I make it through today’s FD well. Still under 190lbs. Hope to make it stay under this week.

Pocket list day 17:
    @snowflake56
    @gretta
    @sparklyshoes
    @shinything
    @moukinator
    @fatfingers
    @sarahbob
    @beththenew

Can’t believe how quickly this morning has gone. After a weekend of joyful eating I am in need of a FD! My husband, toddler and I went to a lovely French restaurant for an early supper yesterday. I had the most divine baked crêpes with wild mushrooms, spinach and Gruyère cheese. So much creamy, cheesy, buttery goodness, oh my! And then I thought what the heck and had a dark chocolate tart with crème fraîche, toasted hazelnuts and chocolate sauce. Heaven. I daren’t even think about the calories and didn’t open the MFP app yesterday! This weekend most definitely was my weak end!

Thanks so much to all for your continued thoughts about the comments at work. @shinything I will take your advice and take them as compliments. The support on this thread really is something else and you have lifted me up when I was starting to feel wobbly!

@sparklyshoes your menu for yesterday sounds right up my street! Asian ground beef and sticky rice…yes please! Great news that you are a whole kilo down since start of the month. And we still have two whole weeks to go!

@wellrounded thinking of you and sending best wishes for a smooth and swift recovery for your daughter. I hope you feel you can use this forum if you need to share the load X

@gretta 16km!! That is fantastic. Sounds like you are well on track for the half marathon.

@formerlyfatpete Lucky you heading into Spring. We are still enjoying summer temperatures in London but Spring is by far my favourite season. Full of hope and new beginnings, as well as the months of good weather ahead! Congrats on your weigh in! Oh, and I googled Granja Azul…you’ve made me very hungry!!

@annemarylyn congrats on reaching you goal already! Thank you for your comment. You are right, feedback from loved ones is definitely what matters. As for the clothes donation, it’s left a gap in my wardrobe that I’m just going to have to fill!

@anna6 the wedding sounds like it was so much fun, dancing the night away. My husband would be the same…I very rarely get him on the dancefloor. I do love weddings. All our friends are currently having babies or have young children so there is a lull in the wedding invites!

@michelinme Please may I ask how you make your microwave mug cake? Sounds delicious and I have ground almond, cacao powder and yoghurt at home! Does the consistency come out cake-like? I tried this years ago and ended up with an messy explosion in the microwave!!

@ciren2 Happy belated birthday! Over the past couple of weeks I have wish I had also done 5:2 secretly. I just wanted to share the fact that this works and is actually good for you. Lesson learnt though, apart from husband and close friends none of our family/other friends know and I won’t be sharing! Anyway, I hope you are enjoying your long weekend!

@daffodil2010 your holiday sounds wonderful! My in laws are currently on a walking trip in Spain, doing part of the Camino de Santiago. They’ve mentioned it’s been hot and rainy so I do hope they are taking care. Hope your family have arrived safely and you are enjoying the additional company. Must be nice to know that you can both hop on the bike if you do start getting on top of each other!

@bert1820 6lbs in 6 weeks, you can totally do this! We’ve got you firmly on the wagon and will sit on you if need be – you aren’t going anywhere!

@sarahbob I hope the Race for Life went well and that you have enjoyed your mums cooking! Doing double sessions totally counts for making up, that’s what I’ve told myself! I’m afraid I have a bit of a spanner in the works with our October Ripped in 30 challenge…we don’t have a dvd player. When husband bought our shiny new curved smart TV he got rid of the previous which had the dvd player built in. and what with Nextflix, Amazon prime etc I just hadn’t noticed! I bought 30 Day Shred via Amazon Prime so I have in downloaded via that. I’m going to have a look later at what other workouts she has that I can access that way.

@fatfingers thanks for the recommendation re maintenance chatbox and discussions related to others reactions. I will definitely be having a read.

My mid-month reflection: I’m pleased with how maintenance has gone. Looked at my weight log and I see that I am the same weight as I was a month ago. It’s less than my original goal but I feel like this is where my body has settled. Focus now is on

1. Exercise and toning up. I expect this will be an ongoing project!
    2. Making better food choices on my NFDs. Delicious buttery, creamy, cheesy goodness won’t help the battle to tone up!! I need to practice a bit more moderation on those NFDs!
    3. What has arisen over the past couple of weeks from comments at work has highlighted my need and desire to work on my self-confidence, inner believe/strength, mental wellbeing. I downloaded SuperBetter after reading about it here – love the format! If anyone has any podcasts or Tedtalks in this area that they would recommend I’d love to hear about it!

Right I had better go for now. Just going to add myself to the Pocket List and then head of for a walk.

Pocket list day 17. Add yourself and stay strong! We’re in this TOGETHER!
    @snowflake56
    @gretta
    @sparklyshoes
    @shinything
    @moukinator
    @fatfingers
    @sarahbob
    @beththenew
    @beedoo

Day 17 North Canton OH FD

I over indulged over the weekend and did not log my meals 🙁 I will try to do better starting today.
    @ciren2 happy belated birthday. I am not my usual sunny self this morning, as I slept horribly last night. In addition my youngest daughter complained she had a headache as I was dropping her off at school this morning. She has called a couple times to say it’s not getting better, which concerns me, however she doesn’t want to go home because they have a heavy load this week. She is not a complainer and has a high pain tolerance. All of this has combined to add to my unsettled state.
    I hope the day gets better.

Day 17 – USA – NFD

@wellrounded, I hope everything is okay with your daughter and @basyjames, for yours as well. @fatfingers, I understand the quest for the elusive 150 lbs…I was there supposedly a few weeks ago, but as you know, my Cruella mishap bounced me back up. I’m starting to weigh daily again just to make sure the weight is stable daily; currently at 156.4, .4 more to go for my month’s goal. Hope to lose the last 6 before the holidays.

Day 17, London, UK, NFD,

Another CD planned, I just need to keep busy!!!

Happy holidays @debster251, eat, drink, be merry …………………… & mindful!!!!

@michelinme, I think I joined you in the 3rd trimester club after the pizza fiasco, and now I see we have another member in @daffodil2010!!!!……………. I can’t even steal the ‘I was on holiday’ excuse!!!! However, today I can confirm that after 1 CD (carb free) the belly bloat has gone, I’m not sure how I used to live because the pain, discomfort and general crap feeling was awful, & probably how I lived before 5:2!!!!!!

@dingping, the joy of 5:2 is that you can slip up and just jump back on the wagon, unfortunately, there have been far too many slip ups lately. The aim at the moment is to slowly build up from a perfect FD, add in a great CD then a perfect week of FDs & CDs……………………… etc. etc. until I’m up to a month, then 2 months, then a year, you get the picture, I’ll then be doing it without thinking!!!!

Good grief, I think @formerly fat Pete is trying to kill me!!!!! I suppose if I end up licking the laptop screen, that’s one cleaning job achieved today!!!!!! Unfortunately, I already know what picarones are ……………….. I am a carb addicted Flourbaby after-all ……………… having seen them on Masterchef a while ago & stored them in the memory bank of things I MUST eat at least once in this lifetime!!!!

@wellrounded & @basyjames, I’m sending some healing vibes to your daughters, I hope they both feel better soon.

I’m off to actually get some housework done, which will keep me out of the kitchen……………… hopefully!!!

Keep the 5:2 faith people!!!!!

Day 17 UK FD

Had an evening EFS yesterday bc overtired and fighting bedtime, despite having had salad plus cake and a bath before 8pm. Toast with the last of the wensleydale followed by dates, prunes and nuts – around TDEE but not helpful pattern to fall back into.

Forgot to use MO but epsom salt bath then fell asleep sitting up in bed. Woke up 6hrs later still sitting up with burning nerve pain & fatigue. Not sure if i’m coming down with something, because i didn’t drink enough water or had too much coffee or perhaps sugar causing inflammation. Cancelled my evening plans and had very slow day, thus far mostly messaging people bc my mother is sick & needing to juggle to make simple things work.

It’s a full week and I’m feeling overhwelmed. Leaking sink in the bathroom & an electrical socket fried in kitchen, and already feeling squished by other home appts Tues & Thurs. Lots of small follow ups & preparation needed for projects, esp ahead of full day of meetings on Weds. Sometimes the load feels overwhelming bc everything is demanding attention at the same time. I know I always feel better when I have a plan and can prioritise and schedule rather than reacting and getting stressed as things mount up – so I need to make a plan!

I may not manage a WFD today bc it’s not always helpful on a fatigued/pain day, but a OMAD salad-tastic FD would prob be good. And all the best days have time to stretch and meditate, so that’s going to be the next thing, no matter who messaeges or calls. A Monday that helps me to reset, plan and pace out the week would be a very helpful one indeed – especially one that ends with an early night. Looking after current and future me.

@wellrounded sorry to hear about your daughter, hope she is well soon
    @basyjames hope your day gets better, and your daughter too
    @sarahbob well done on the race for life 🙂
    @gretta amazing to have done 16k – hope your back is still feeling well
    @flourbaby look away now 😀

@beedoo I’ve made so many microwave mug cakes now that I tend to make them up. Googling healthy mug cakes will find you plenty of inspiration -plenty of paleo ones out there as well as low calorie.

Yesterday’s indulgence was an egg, splash of vanilla & tsp honey mixed up in a mug. Then added 0.5tsp baking soda, 1.5 tbsp raw cacao, 3tbsp ground almonds, pinch of salt, about a tbsp finely grated lemon (i freeze whole lemons and grate them into things) plus a splosh of plant milk to thin it down.

1 min 30 sec in microwave, then extra 10 second pulse bc it looked a bit wet. It was a bit full and rose a long way – prob enough for two mug cakes really but i was hungry. Simply delicious served with blueberries and a splodge of low fat Gk yogurt.

My fave FD pud is low fat Gk yog whipped up with 1tbsp raw cacao, little grated lemon and tiny drizzle honey, plus or minus fruit – YUM! Who needs chocolate?!

@snowflake56
    @gretta
    @sparklyshoes
    @shinything
    @moukinator
    @fatfingers
    @sarahbob
    @beththenew
    @beedoo
    @basyjames
    @michelinme

Day 17, Guildford UK, NFD

Getting fed up with not exercising properly and additionally not fasting. I am worried about muscle loss and fat gain. I love this WOL and every day being a NFD is not making me happy. There doesn’t seem to be any guidance anywhere on injury and fasting.

I am very grumpy indeed. Did I say I was grumpy? I should have said I was grumpy.

My ankle is very achy. And I would like to run about.

I went into the pool and some big guy accidentally kicked my ankle. I am hurting, know it wasn’t deliberate but the big guy was so rude to me and more or less said if I wasn’t ‘up to it’ then I shouldn’t be there!

Grump grump grump.

I did say grumpy didn’t I?

——————-

@ccco you are in my votive as are you and MIL @diana123.

@ciren2 sorry I missed your birthday, happy very belated birthday.

@debster251 much appreciated.

@beedoo more about poo on it’s way. I am planning to put my notes into good order about microbiomes and all.

@anna6 I am on my way! Keep those lovely meals coming around my way. Yum.

Mari

Hello:
    Turned out to be warm, windy and sunny here (Gloucestershire, UK) after a dull, drizzly start. So got some washing on the line.
    @rainbowsmile: I agree it is SOo frustrating not being able to be as active as you’d like. Your ankle, my foot etc etc..hugs xx
    @shinything: 44kg? I thought it must have been wrong, but didn’t want to sound like a mother hen saying “are you sure you’re not getting too thin, my dear?!!!” Probably a typo then.
    Thank you again all you lovely people with yet more birthday greetings.
    @wellrounded: Best wishes for your daughter xx
    Still dreaming of a FD….one day…
    Back to work tomorrow.

Day 17, USA, CD

Just checking in. I hope this Monday is filled with many blessings for you all. Finished adding all of my numbers to the spreadsheet, thanks @shinything for adding me! 🙂 I hope everyone has a great week, thank you @dingping and @michelinme for the shout out. I had to laugh when I read your post @Emmataylor, I’ve done the same thing to avoid getting people upset when I don’t eat. I either just had a “massive” meal or am going to eat a “massive” meal. How funny our society–so critical of fat people, but so angry if we don’t eat. Makes one’s head spin…

Onward and downward! 🙂

USA Day 17 FD

I am bouncing up and down with my weight again, so I need to be more vigilant. I think this week will have to be a 4:3 week, so I can see what happens that way!

I missed your birthday, Ciren! Happy belated birthday! Have a great day everyone and I am thinking of all you fasters! For this who are not feeling well or who have family members who are not well, I wish you all the very best and put you in my prayers! 🙂

Day 17 Stevensville Maryland USA CFD

Still no time to read post by will add myself to the pocket list today.

@snowflake56
    @gretta
    @sparklyshoes
    @shinything
    @moukinator
    @fatfingers
    @sarahbob
    @beththenew
    @beedoo
    @basyjames
    @michelinme
    @diana123

Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough. Have a great Monday everyone.

Day 17 Minnesota, USA FD

It feels good to be back in a normal rhythm of life after a week of holiday eating. DH is back to work and for some reason that makes it easier for me to fast as I should. I’m going to try to do a proper 1/4 TDEE calorie intake today and since it’s about noon my time, I think I’ll be able to stick to 16:8 today. also.

@daffodil2010, your holiday sounds wonderful, and I love the picturesque travel updates. @debster, I hope you enjoy yours as well.

@rainbowsmile: hang in there! The aching can be a good sign, increased circulation and therefore good things happening down there.

@ccco, I’ll add you to the pocket list, if that’s ok? I also have a hard time stopping the “face stuffing” once I start in the evenings. Sugarless gum, brushing and/or bleaching teeth, drinking a calming tea or just going to bed with a book is sometimes helpful for me. Not always.

I may try 4:3 this week as my vacation time put me over the average calorie intake for goal TDEE last week. I know I won’t lose what I gained if I don’t get that calorie deficit.

In the future, when I’ll be more content with slower weight loss, I think I’ll consider the method that @anna6 uses. Three FD’s of 800, three CDs (at TDEE, @anna6, or under?), and then one day a week eat as you want, within reason. It seems to work for several people to do higher FD calorie days more frequently. It sounds like that might be more sustainable for me over the long term.

@basyjames, and @wellrounded, I hope your daughters get some relief and feel better soon.

Pocket list for Monday Day 17

@snowflake56
    @gretta
    @sparklyshoes
    @shinything
    @moukinator
    @fatfingers
    @sarahbob
    @beththenew
    @beedoo
    @basyjames
    @michelinme
    @diana123
    @ccco
    @northerndawn

Good luck everyone! Let’s get a really good FD done today!

USA Day 17 FD
    Second Post

Thank you, NorthernDream, for putting me on the pocket list! Yes, that witching hour is a bugger!
    For some reason, if I can from 5 pm to 8 pm without nibbling, I suddenly am fine! Go figure!!

Worked out all my allowed calories for the day, 500.5 cals, now just need to stay strong! 🙂

Day 17, Emden Germany, FD 2nd post

perhaps this is going to be a LFD, I haven’t eaten anything until now, so I’m going to give it a try. I have to get my weight down, I was at 58.2 kg already, this morning I saw 61.5 kg on the scales. Well, I know where that came from, I’m eating way over my TDEE on NFD’s!

@debster251 have a great holiday!

@ciren2 happy very belated birthday!

@basyjames and @wellrounded, I hope your daughters will feel better soon.

@rainbowsmile I know it’s very frustrating at the moment, but try to be patient, it will pass.

@sarahbob well done on the race!

@gretta you did the 16 km run, I’m so glad your back is well again.

@formerly-fat-pete no way I’m going to look up all the delicious things you’ve eating, not today!

@daffodil2010 how lovely to read about your travel and how nice to be joined by the famliy today.

@annemarilyn the street party was great, it was such fun meeting all the old neighbours again. As there was no water available I sticked to white wine, had too much of that with a lot of food.

@northerndawn that sounds like a lovely relaxed holiday.

@wrxgirl how nice to have you back and how good to be independent again. Never appologize for long posts, we all love long posts, it distracks from eating.

@fatfingers you’re almost there. I’m having the same problem with eternity rings, they can’t be altered,very unpractical.

@flourbaby I’m with you on the self sabotage thing, that’s why the weight is up again. I was doing so well, than lost it somehow.

@dingping you’re doing so well, it seems I have to start all over again. I’m listening to Gil Evans now, sounds great, DH loves it too. My music taste is more mainstream I think.

@bert1802 1 lb a week is possible, just stay on the wagon, I’m joining you.

@bellyblast I’m going to try B2B again, for me it seems to work better.

@beedoo a nice comment from the husband is worth much more than comments from jealous co-workers.

@michelinme please take time to relax, you sound so busy again.

@at and @coda hope to hear from you soon! Hugs xxx

Have a nice day/evening everyone!

Day 17 second post

Having spent the morning encouraging my mother and a friend to listen to their bodies & give themselves permission to rest, I finally heard myself! Ditched all today’s expected activity, early supper & aiming tosleep by 9.30pm – hopefully ready for a healthier & more productive Tues. Nothing to be gained by squeezing ourselves once we’re dry – thank you @snowflake

It’s my really busy time with lots to do in the run up to weekend conference only a month away, but i’ll work smarter and quicker if better rested. And need to work for better balance too – no point in leaving the sink dripping for another 4 weeks!

Good FD – rice salad of wild/red rice with piles of peas, tomatoes, beet, spring onions and cucumber with eggs, blueberries with a little lf gk yogurt. Just on 500 which feels a major achievement. Lots more water drunk today too – hoping that’ll give me the boost I need.

Good luck to Mon fasters, and good wishes to those not currently able to fast xx

Day 18. NFD NZ
    finally getting back to some level of normal.
    Whatever my new normal will be.
    Just clicked over 16lb lost in just under 3 months so I am happy with that. Exactly half way today to my goal weight. Measurements looking good. I feel the difference in my clothes. Slow and steady wins the race..

Second post

Thank you my lovely friends for sending get well wishes to my daughter. I am happy to report that the headache did go away and she reported she feels so much better.

I did not share earlier but part of the reason I did not sleep well was because I was worried, I got a cryptic note from my boss that she wanted to see me this morning and I was imagining all sorts of awful things – from being chewed out for something I did wrong to being downsized. There has been a lot of downsizing lately at my place of employment. I did not want to voice my fears however, I just figured I would deal with it; whatever it was.

Well I just concluded my meeting and she wanted to let me know she
    recommended me for a freaking promotion! Director of a new unit that is being put together at one of our area hospitals. I am still in shock – I did not see this coming. She said so many complimentary things and I am just blown away!!! Of course her recommendation does not guarantee the job; I meet with the CNO next week as the next step, but seriously – I feel so honored just to be considered. Life can be so crazy – you just never know what is around the corner.

@rainbowsmile I think you deserve to be a little grumpy – all things considered; and big man at the pool should be ashamed of himself

@michelinme mug cakes are the best, aren’t they? Yours sounds delish

Gotta run again; work calls 

Day 17 – Eastern WA USA – LFD

Pocket list for Monday Day 17

@snowflake56
    @gretta
    @sparklyshoes
    @shinything
    @moukinator
    @fatfingers
    @sarahbob
    @beththenew
    @beedoo
    @basyjames
    @michelinme
    @diana123
    @ccco
    @northerndawn
    @ccco
    @annemarilyn 1st of 4

@basyjames – so glad your daughter improved. I sometimes wonder about students getting dehydrated at school; that could trigger headaches. Also, congratulations on being considered for a promotion 🙂

@michelenme – your mug cakes sound yummy!Thanks for sharing more details.

@rainbowsmile – the behaviour of the big guy sounds out of line. Shame on him! I hope your day improves & your ankle too!

Sipping on some mint tea to stay warm and to keep it a successful LFD. You can do it too @snowflake56.

Let’s make it a great day this is better for our future selves as @michelinme often says.

Day 17, Gozo, Malta, fd

I have gain weight over the weekend. I’ll weigh again the end of week.

Beedoo I’m happy not that your husband is hard to be led to the dance flour but that there is a fellow dieter who experiences the same situation like mine and still manages to have the time of her life.

Today I fasted at around 800 calories. I cooked lemon chicken with red and yellow peppers, runner beans, carrots, spring onions, garlic, soy sauce, lemon zest and juice and chicken stock made from a stock cube. Recipe by Justine Pattinson Quick and Easy book without the calories.

Have a great evening/night everyone.

Day 17. Florida

FD. I’ve done pretty well with today. Getting hungry now but it’s dinner time. 😀
    Working on different art which helps keep my mind busy and not thinking about food.
    Have a great evening.

Day 18 Auckland NFD

Greetings all! I’m hanging in here just… Stumbled with stress consumption a week ago but did keep the FDs going and I’m 78.7kg this morning. It’s a week to go before we head to London etc for 5 weeks. I am trying to get our house in order so we can move back in but the OH wants to keep the appartment going so he doesn’t have to pack his stuff up. His London exhibition at The Mayor Gallery has opened thanks to a long distance install. We get there in time for Frieze Masters. On the upside I have some new outfits. I always feel a wee bit like I’m in my gardening clothes in Mayfair even though I’m wearing my Sunday best! My best fashion accessory is Macintosh the Westie and I have to leave him behind🐾🙁🐾

Lovely to read about everyone’s successes.
    Cheers, Mary

Day 17…..Florida….FD

I’m still a bit behind on reading everyone’s posts,but I’ll get there soon.
    FD going well, I’ve been hungry all day but I expected that as I retrain the belly to behave.
    I’m trying for 3 FDs this week, with 4Cds and one what the hell day!

For dinner, a nice bowl of Chili with garlic toast and then off to bed!

It was me…..I admit it……. I let the dogs out!

Day 17 – Japan – FD

Still working way too many hours …

Day 17, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Tai Chi and gardening!😊

Have a good Monday/Tuesday everyone! 🥀

Day 17 Canada NFD

16:8 today and looking forward to a FD tomorrow.

@dingping 20 minutes meditation is my goal- a work in progress
    @ciren2 perhaps you need to elevate the foot more if it is swelling?

“how does one become a butterfly? You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar”

Will have to catch up on posts…..

Day 17 Ohio, US FD(#11)

Great fast day today. I’ve been watching some of Michele Chevalley Hedge’s Youtube videos. She’s a great speaker and provides lots of motivation for following the WHO’s recommendations on sugar. With any luck, the motivation will carry me forward this week. Has anyone read her book, “Beating Sugar Addiction for Dummies?”

@merryapple I too have a Westie. They are certainly great dogs!
    @basyjames Congrats on the super recommendation! Hope you get the promotion!

Day 18, Emden Germany, FD

I did it, only had weak coffee and hot water yesterday, it was easier than I thought it would be. I’m not hungry so will only have salmon with spinach for dinner. Weight down from 61.5 kg to 58.8 kg, how much water retention you can have!

@annemarilyn thanks for the help yesterday, I will join you on your FDs this week but will do 500 cal most of the days. The weight has to go down!

@slacknz welcome back, nice to hear from you again.

@basyjames – I’m glad your daughter is well again. To be considered for a promotion must be a great confidence boost, it’s so nice when your work is being appreciated.

@rainbowsmile I hope your ancle feels better today. People in pools can be so rude.

Pocket list day 18

@snowflake56 2nd of B2B2B2B2B2B2

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 18 – France – FD

Yesterday’s FD turned out OK, for dinner made some mini bell peppers sautéed with onion and garlic, and a tomato and cucumber salad, and a small portion of baked sweet potato. Was delicious.
    Today am doing a B2B FD as not sure how the rest of the week will shape up.

@basyjames What terrific news!
    @northerndawn I am also tempted by @anna6‘s way of eating.
    @snowflake56 so you are doing a whole week of fasting?

So many more posts to comment on but have to get to work. 🙁

Pocket list day 18

@snowflake56 2nd of B2B2B2B2B2B2
    @sparklyshoes

Day 18 – Northern NSW Australia – FD

Very challenging FD due to lack of sleep previous two nights. Still, I’m sticking with it. One good thing about FDs is that they somehow prompt me to bed early! I’m so tired, have been all day. Thankfully I foresee myself getting a full 8 hours sleep tonight. Previous two nights I got less than 7. My experience has always been that inadequate hours of sleep leads to frequent and more prolonged hunger pangs. Today’s fast has lived up to that!

Day 18…..Florida…..CD

I’m slowly catching up on all the posts from everyone. Today, I’m trying for a CD which is around 1200 calories.

@beedoo…..I’m so sorrry you co workers are giving you such a hard time. I was stunned when I read about one actually questioning you about it, in such a manner. But, I just have to think that’s the type of world, we are living in today. People feel as if they have the rights to say things and do things that are not necessarily theirs or way out of bounds.
    I don’t have a clear cut answer for you on this, but only a suggestion. It does work for me when some tend to over step……I use it in most scenarios…… from people who are nasty to me to people who ask inappropriate questions. I just reply with a thank you of some sorts……Thank you for your concern, I appreciate it! Or thank you for your help, I appreciate it. Then, I walk away!
    It tends to throw people off and then they stop thinking of everything they want to say and begin questioning to themselves why I thanked them.

Well, it’s that time again….

Hi ho hi ho off to work, I go!

P.s.
    at work, I finally got my official title……Sales Manager. It came on my business cards! Would you look at that…… lol

It was me…….. I admit it…… I let the dogs out!

Day 18 NC USA NFD
    My 500 FD turned into 800 FD. Got into the in case of power outage from hurricane snack food a bit. Happy with the result though as I am down about another 1 lb to 188.1 lbs. Short term goal is still to try to stay under 190 with longer term goal being to get under 185 lbs. on a post FD in a few weeks.

Day 18 USA – FD

Really must get this upward swing under control. I’ve got a cold, so it ought to be easy to have a FD.

@basyjames – congratulations on the promotion and all the kudos to you, and happy news for your daughter!

@bert1802 – likewise on your promotion, you deserve it!

Onward and downward.

Viewing 50 posts - 651 through 700 (of 1,074 total)

You must be logged in to reply.