September 2018 – Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
September 2018 – Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 1,071 replies, has 74 voices, and was last updated by  FasterJo 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 601 through 650 (of 1,074 total)

• Day 14, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Hiking and gardening. Harvesting and eating Italian plums. 😊😊😊
    @at: Hope you are feeling better soon.

Have a good Friday evening/Saturday morning! 🌼🥀🌻

Day 15 (Day 14 here) — Ohio, US NFD

A minor triumph today — I had a particularly draining meeting this afternoon and that would ordinarily have prompted me to stop by the quick-mart for some comfort food. Well that didn’t happen. I did have dessert in the evening, but that was something I had planned on doing for the day after a FD. So maybe my habits are beginning to change 🙂

Enjoy the day!

Day 14 Lima, Peru, 16:8

Another good day. Weight loss is slowing (which is a good thing at this point) down to 80.5 kg – 177.6lbs. Went cycling, good day at work, feeling very, very good. Hey, this diet works! 😉

Hang in there everyone!

@debster251 sorry missed your query – google “suspiro limeño” its very, very yummy.

Also, I wake early for my cycling as traffic is beyond infernal and I have rather full work days – only way to get a safe ride in and still get to work by 7 (long story).

Day 15 NSW Australia NFD
    (Saturday afternoon ~ 3.30pm)
    Hi everyone, just checking in!

Have a fun weekend and enjoy whatever you are getting up to, bye for now!

Day 15, Emden Germany, NFD

busy day yesterday, haven’t had time to read any posts.

@dingping I hope you did better than I did yesterday, no motivation at all, already in pre-party mood. Good luck on your 3rd FD today.

@happymargo have fun this weekend!

Have a great weekend everyone, stay safe and see you all on Monday!

Day 15 UK FD

Yesterday went well and now on my third FD in a row, this seems to work well for me.
    Hoping for the same ease today.

Enjoying the chatter on peoples observed weight loss by others and abstinence from partaking in the office cake fest or voiding self indulgence when others around us are. I agree with @michelinme, it is all a game of colluding and we have stopped playing the game. Others reactions say more about them than us. Try and be brave and know you are doing this for you and not for them and you know it’s right for you, be proud of your success and in the new beautiful healthy you.

@EmmaTaylor will adopt your ‘I’ve just had… approach!

@basyjames – yay a whoosh!!

@snowflake56 – enjoy your party, I’m doing fine, thanks.

To all in the path or wake of hurricane Florence keeping my fingers crossed all have come through safely.

Have a good weekend all.

Ta x

Pocket Fasting List Day 15
    @dingping

Day 15, Surrey (UK), NFD, 152.4lb

Good week with 2 good FDs at under 500 cals each. Counting the fractions of lbs now, as I’m so, so close to my target of 150lb. It could be one wee away, one bowel movement away (sorry that’s far TMI)! On the other hand, one EFS could put me the wrong side of the door to 10-stone-something land again! So no counting chickens, I’m just going to keep on keeping on for the time being.

@beedoo – so sorry you have to endure your colleague’s pointed, passive-aggressive questioning. One possible response could be (said with a smile): “Thanks for asking. I’m fasting today. Would you like to know more about the 5:2 WOE?” They probably won’t. In all likelihood, they will make their excuses, and beat a hasty retreat to avoid a lecture!

Another tip I’ve heard is the ABC of responding.
    A= Become AWARE of your inner feelings (when confronted with unwelcome comments)
    B= take a deep BREATH
    C= CHOOSE your response. Try rehearsing a few replies in your head, so that you’ll know what to say next time it happens.

I’ve been reading the ‘maintenance chatbox’ thread, in anticipation of – eventually! – going into maintenance mode. Sometime in 2018 would be nice, ha ha! On page 6 of that thread, there is some more interesting discussion about other people’s reactions to this WOE, and how it upsets the balance of power within relationships. Worth a read.

Keep on keeping on folks, you know you’re worth it!

Day 15, Gozo, Malta, nfd

Today we’re going to cross the Maltese channel by ferry as we’re going to Malta for a wedding. The groom is the son of my OHs cousin. We’re sleeping in Malta and tomorrow after going to an Asian fusion where we eat sushi we come back to Gozo.

Have a great Saturday everyone, onwards and downwards

Day 15, London, UK, FD

I NEED to make today a LFD, water, herbal tea, bone broth and bouillon at the ready!!! Yesterday deteriorated into an EFS day despite my best laid plans and meal prep, I think I took my eye off of the ball and the little devil on my shoulder didn’t stop whispering in my ear until there was pizza & wine!!!! Is pizza the worst food out there????? It combines 2 of my great loves ………………………. Bread & cheese…………………. I was doomed after the 1st slice!!!!!

I think I’m self-sabotaging because my routine has changed, with 5:2 rather than 4:3 I have an extra 1000cals to ‘spare’, and then I had a whoosh, which I’ve promptly reversed!!! I need to get my head back in the game!!!

@Formerly Fat Pete there’s zero chance of me googling “suspiro limeño” – that road only leads to madness!!!!! ‘New’ foods are my downfall because I just HAVE to try them!!!!

@dingping
    @flourbaby (LFD)

Stay strong people!!!

Day 15 Belfast NFD
    Have spent the morning getting out all my lovely new dresses read to pack. Really looking forward to my holiday now.
    @bert1802 – I have a dragon like that lol!
    @beedoo – and it’s so rude to ask you like that! It’s none of their business! The proof of the pudding is certainly in the NOT eating.
    @basyjames – well done on your whoosh,
    @emma Taylor – hope you are enjoying your break.
    @Formerly Fat Pete – I see your desert translates to ‘sigh of a Lima lady’. Well, I’m not from Lima but I’m sighing! It looks so lush and I’m glad I don’t have to battle my willpower to avoid it!
    @fatfingers – holding my breath for that magic number!

We went out for a drink last night (sparkling water for me!) and then I spoilt it with a carb fest – a big portion of sweet potato. @beedoo’s ‘the weekend is my weak end is so true for me!’

Have a good weekend everyone.

Day 15 – France – NFD

A beautiful warm weekend here in France and went on a 5k walk with my hubby. Will perhaps go for a jog this evening. It’ll be cold and gloomy soon enough.

Today is the exact halfway point of the month and @michelinme‘s question is a good one, especially as this is my first month on the Challenge:

Maybe worth reviewing what’s worked well, what’s not worked well and what we’re going to focus on for the rest of the month..?

My goal was to lose 2 kilos and so far as of today I am down 800 grams, so almost on target and I am OK with that, and if I don’t meet my 2 kg target that’s OK too, as long as there is steady downward movement over the long term.
    What worked for me was a week of 4:3 instead of 5:2, which got the scales moving downwards instead of staying stuck at the beginner’s plateau.
    I would like to do at least another 4:3 week before the end of the month to keep things rolling. But in October I will just do 5:2 and aim for a max of 1 kg per month loss, and request my Tortoise Club membership card. 🙂

Any thoughts from the others on the halfway point of the month?
    Have a great weekend everybody!

Day 15 – Japan – NFD

Day 15 USA – NFD

Kind of overdid it yesterday, but still keeping at maintenance.

Onward and downward.

Day 15 Northern NSW – NFD

I wasn’t able to write during yesterday’s FD. It went well. I feel it erased all the mess I feel I made via emotional eating practiced during days leading up to most recent FD. Feel even keeled today, which is a relief.

Day 15 UK CD

Yesterday’s extra FD morphed into a OMAD CD but I’ll take it. Ate up the last of the quorn mince with spring onion, garlic, mushroom ketchup & lots of peas, packed into a baked sweet potato & sprinkled with cheese – yum. Glad of mindful decision to weigh the cheese and eat half rather than eat it all bc nearly last bit. (I’d run out of cheddar and defrosted wensleydale with cranberries – fruits of a great January decision to freeze rather than feel I had to eat up the leftover Christmas cheese!) It’s been an interesting cheddar replacement this last week.

Today I feel back to thinner even tho I weigh the same as yesterday. I think it’s bc my carbtastic tum has left behind Friday’s epic proportions & shrunk back to 1st trimester size. I may start measuring it in cms as easier to track difference. It’s definitely the repository of most of my remaining fat – amazingly I can no longer pinch an inch from my ribs, tho loose skin on my waist has a way to go.

Saturday has become my bread-making day but also my downfall bc I eat the fresh bread. Steps in controlling my carb habit have thus far been to bake once a week and just eat that loaf as my carbs. It’s currently gf oat/low fat Gk yog with lots of seeds – mixed pumpkin, sunflower, linseed & chia bc all were half price :). Next step has been to thinly slice the loaf & freeze it, defrosting slices in the toaster during the week and thus converting it into helpful happy-gut resistant starch. Freezing it also means I eat less, as does having a WFD and a FD each week. I’ve got c8 slices in the freezer – not enough for a week, but not sure I’ll be able to bake another day. Can I bake & freeze a whole – or nearly whole – loaf? Then I wouldn’t need to bake next Saturday. Or would that simply be tempting me to eat fresh bread…? Hmmmm

Lazy morning, now need to get going with yoga & meditation, enjoy an afternoon of relaxing and writing, then get my act together for tomorrow’s early start and full day.

@basyjames congratulations on your 4lb whoosh!
    @beedoo delighted to be helpful 🙂
    @emmataylor love your massive meal line 🙂
    @fatfingers empathy on being close to goal and the yoyo! My original seemingly impossible goal is 140lbs and i’m so nearly there, 35lbs down and pinging around in the mid 140s. We’ll get there! And thank you for the ABC of awareness, breath and considered response…
    @flourbaby avoiding bread & cheese is a battle of epic proportions
    @at @rainbowsmile wishing you better health x
    @debster251 @daffodil2010 and all who are holidaying – have wonderful times & send us postcards 🙂

Mid month reflections- what’s gone well? Daily posting, some mindful eating, awareness of choices even when tired. What’s not gone well? Carbs, not drinking enough esp when out, not getting enough rest. What am I focusing on for the second half? Rest, yoga & meditation – the things which ground the day and help me to make good choices. And remembering to plan ahead rather than thinking I’ll somehow fall into the best choices – I need to build habits that will sustain me on difficult days not just good days

Wishing you all a good weekend xx

Day 15…..Florida…..CD/FD

Hi all……

Everyone in the path of Florence, you are in my prayers!

It’s been a whirl wind of a week. I tried like hell to get back on track, Matilda had other plans. So, hopefully I’m trying for a CD/FD
    I do plan on going out and getting lunches for the week. I’m thinking that I’ve got to do a bit more planning because it’s just too darn easy to run out at lunch time.
    I’m a bit behind in the posts, so I’m hoping to catch up today!

It was me……I admit it…..I let the dog out!

Day 15 UK NFD

Well I have just got back to the delightful land of Yorkshire and tomorrow we shall be running around York race course for Race for Life. I must try and refrain from eating too much of my Mum’s delicious cooking today otherwise I’ll be waddling round tomorrow.

Unfortunately I am 2 days behind on my 30DS as I won’t be able to do it today and yesterday I was naughty and spent the afternoon in the pub with the OH. But I will do a couple of double sessions next week to catch up. That’s allowed right?

Wishing you all an awesome Saturday whatever you are all getting up to. 😁

Day 15, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Walking the dog, hiking, a run to Trader Joe’s, then choosing to attend a street festival, the Festa Italiana or/and gardening! 🤔😊🐕

Have a good Saturday everyone! 🌻🌼🥀

Day 14 – USA – NFD
    Day 15 – USA – NFD

Day 15-USA-FD

Day 15 – Lima Peru – 16:8

Saturday morning here – just back from a pleasant bike ride with the guys. Hard riding but not too long (40km-ish). No issues at all on a 16:9 to ride – maintaining power and cadence with no issues at all.

Weight is up a smidge to 80.8 (178.2 lbs) – no idea why, but not really bothered – planning on nice lunches today and tomorrow. Have to live a little.

Hope all are doing well – this thread is very helpful in keeping me focused. And yes @debster251, the suspiro does require willpower to resist!

Day 15 Minnesota, USA CD

We are back home from our holiday, though we still have two days of it left, officially. I’ve gained back 3 lbs (1.36 Kg) and am not happy about that, but I’m hoping at a least part of the gain is water weight from indulging in too many treats, including wine.

Today and tomorrow I hope to eat mindfully and keep calories under my TDEE, at the very least. I think we will be going out for dinner this evening so I need to keep a lid on calories: Salad greens and fish, I think, and a last glass or two (maybe three) of vacation libation. 😉

I have some serious catching up to do with all the posts since last Friday. Reading them will help motivate me to get back into the 5:2 saddle over the next couple of days. I hope everyone is healthy, happy and pleased with their progress.

Good luck everyone!

USA Day 15 FD

BellyBlast: I am glad you rectified that 102 glasses of wine!! LOL I was having trouble trying to figure out how you could down that much fluid!!

I am trying another FD today because I failed the last two! 🙁 My evenings seem to be my downfall! I do perfectly until then and then, all of a sudden, I feel like I don’t care and really don’t know why I am doing this. Then out comes the food. I must stop this. I gained two lbs. this week and this morning when I weighed, I saw that I have lost those same two pounds. I am riding a roller coaster and need to get off!

Despite the onslaught of Florence and the water surges in the harbor, we are having a sunny day! Go figure!

Hope everyone is having a lovely Saturday!

Day 15 – Spain 🇪🇸- NFD

Hola! We made it to Spain yesterday afternoon after a great couple of days travelling southwards through France. I love travelling over the Pyrenees, the twisty roads full of sweet little French villages with flower baskets everywhere….then crossing into Spain at the town of Puigcerda and immediately everywhere is different. The villages are still sweet, but brasher, bolder, essentially Spanish.

So now we are at our beachside retreat. We had lunch today at a great restaurant right on the beach, you can sink your toes into the sand should you wish to, I live it there.

Unfortunately we are now being hit by a severe rain storm so nothing for it but to ride it out with glass of white wine in hand.

I am afraid the holiday devil is alive and well. I tried to skip breakfast this morning and that’s never a problem in real life….but DH had fresh bread toasted and the smell was too much. 😲

Not going to beat myself up, I am on holiday, and this WOE is for life.

@Formerly Fat Pete I meant to reply last week to tell you the bike is a BMW R1200 GS, the Adventure model with the bigger tank. We were in Lima just after New Year and I remember all the Christmas decorations and summer outfits. And Peruvian food….oh my, yum 😋

@debster251 enjoy your holiday too.

Day 15 NC USA NFD
    Yesterday turned into a CFD day. I did weight myself and I am back over 190lbs. 🙁 Today I have been fighting the urge to EFS so far I have eaten 1,000 calories. Hope I can stay under 1680 MFP goal. Hurricane is now a topical storm.

Day 15 – Eastern WA USA – LFD

@dingping
    @flourbaby (LFD)
    @krisnia
    @ccco
    @annemarilyn (LFD)

Joining you in a LFD @flourbaby. Need to pick up the pace a little this Saturday. Looking forward to picking up a few furniture pieces I found earlier this week at a couple of local vintage stores. My kind neighbour will help me get them home.

@FormerlyFatPete – yes, you take your life in your hands in Lima as you ride a bike. My son and I were there briefly in mid February, shortly after @daffodil2010. One of the things I remember was enjoying a Pisco Sour with my meal at Alfresco. I’m not much of a drinker, but that I enjoyed and had occasion to have another couple during the visit. We also made it over to Cusco and Machu Pichu. So enjoyed it! Just too short.

@snowflake56 – enjoy your street party and @anna6 the wedding!

@Minkan – yes, FDs can be good for erasing messes

@sarahbob – can’t your Race for Lide substitute for a 30DS?

@redrockgirl302 – sounds like a good day you have planned whether the fiesta or gardening 🙂

@daffodil2010 – sounds like those mountain roads were great for biking with all those curves; much better on a bike than in a “cage”.

Enjoy the weekend whatever you’re up to!

Day 15 Minnesota 2nd post

I’m still back on page 9, trying to catch up on wonderful posts. Just want to thank everyone for the happy holiday wishes. My DH and I had a lovely time camping (caravanning?) for the first time. We joined our son, DIL, and grandkids at a beautiful lake in Iowa. Then we visited our farm to do some peaceful upkeep, and now we’re home. It wasn’t anything exotic this time, as vacations go, but it was so restful and fun. I had forgotten how much I love a good campfire in the evening, good company beside me, a nice glass of vino, and watching a night sky full of stars!

I want to quickly say a “Happy 65th Birthday” to @ciren2! Have fun, young lady!

Now, back to page 9…..

Normal diet day here of reduced calories :—) Oregon~~ Greetings all, I wish everyone a fab Saturday ! Foggy & cool here~ this is my 1st post(?) I signed up for the challenge and then fell &injured my leg severely sheesh, 17 stitches, 1st ambulance ride, full leg brace, no walking etc.. for 2 weeks Jeeze! Ditched the brace finally on Wednesday and started slowly walking a few times outside, felt so grand but lost my energy quickly~~ I was up to 5.5 miles 3-4 times a week, and 2-3 the other days so this injury drove me cuckoo having to be still w/leg up etc… I kept to the 5:2 but gained 3 back~~ I had just started the Fast Diet 8/3/18 and lost 9.4 the first 4 weeks which felt divine~~ did my 13th FD yester and lost 2 so I’m back! Humbling to be injured & dependent on others.. now I’m independent again thank Goddess!
    I’ve also been measuring my bod & in 3 weeks lost 2.25 inches off waist, 2.5 off thighs, 1 off chest so that encourages me~~ I highly recommend measuring your bod!
    Sorry for long post~~
    RedRockGirl302 hiking & gardening are 2 of my fave things too!
    matpi excellent that you skipped quik mart!!! On my FD yester I went to bed early so I would not ditch my FD

Formerly Fat Pete Wow that is great how well you’re doing! I used to be a bike racer and love the sound of the wheels in a group of riders! Hope to get back to it ~ it’s been 20 years now~~
    Fat fingers Wow fabulous 150! I’m dreaming of that… miles to go for this one…
    Debster251 Have a wonderful holiday!

SparklyShoes Fantastic with your weight loss!!! I like to notice what has worked also!

michelinme, Bert1802, Sarahbob, NorthernDawn, ccco, Daffodil2010, beththenew, so sorry if I missed anyone on this day~~ May you all hang tough on this walk of lesser bodies and joy~~ not always an easy path but rewarding, yes? Everyone have a fab weekend! I’m eating a slice of pizza today as I watch “my” Oregon Ducks play football USA style!

Day 15 Canada NFD

Quick check in!

Day 15, Guildford UK, NED

Apologies for not checking in, my tablet has had to be reset and I couldn’t find my password. In order to reset it I needed my e-mail password and I couldn’t find that!

Anyway now have everything set up again. FINALLY.

Mari

day 16 – Japan – nfd

Day 16 – France – NFD

I lost 1 lb overnight, and on a NFD!😃🤔 Excited about that.
    Yesterday at lunch I even had a few cloves of fresh chopped garlic, lightly sauteed in butter, on delicious bread. Felt decadent but it was oh so good!🙂 and then a little bit of raw cookie dough. Today i will bake the cookies. Dangerous day!

Hope all is well for our Florence-affected posters.

Hello:
    I am on my long weekend from work. Happened as it was my birthday yesterday too, so good timing…once every six weeks…as we have what they call a “rolling day off” at Royal Mail. Not back till Tuesday.
    So, yes, 65 now (ouch)!

@northerndawn: Thanks for your good wishes.
    My best birthday wish would be to be able to fast again, but I just love to eat…

@johnnyr: I always did my fasting in secret…and during 2016, when I was successful, I lost 28 pounds, so don’t be put off. Many people, maybe especially close family, will see fasting as weird, odd, obsessive and downright dangerous…so rather than listen to negativity, do it privately. Good luck to you.

Hello:
    My long weekend off work. So happened it coincided with my birthday yesterday too! Once every six week. At Royal Mail we have what’s called a “rolling day off”, so not back till Tuesday.
    So, 65 now (ouch)! Thanks @northerndawn for your good wishes.
    @johnnyr: When I was a successful faster during 2016, I lost 28 pounds, and I did it secretly.
    Many people see fasting as weird, obsessive, odd or downright dangerous. Family members being no different. Sometimes it’s best in order to avoid negativity. Good luck.

Day 16, UK, NFD

Didn’t get a chance to post yesterday, but it was an uneventful day food wise, which is a good thing 🙂 . Weight was 44kg so that is good too, as the scales are not moving in the wrong direction. It seems that this 4:3 and 800cal on FDs is working better for me, at least for now 😀 . I will see how the next week goes, since that will be the sign of definite success if that range barrier is broken downwards 🙂

I read all the posts and was answering as I read on a notepad and lost it 🙁 , sorry.

I was posting at the same time as you @ciren2, so just saw your post. Happy Birthday 🎂 🍾

I hope everyone has a great weekend and all who are Florence-affected please stay safe ❤

Day 16, London, UK, NFD (CD)

Today will be a controlled day, it’s the start to my week and I’ve put last weeks’ pizza & wine behind me, and planned every single morsel for this week and logged it all into MFP. I really suffer from ‘shiny-penny’ syndrome, after a little while the shine wears off and I lose interest or in terms of this WOL, decide I’m going to get the same results from ½ arsing things …………………… I’ll call it what it is …………………. Self sabotage!!!!! Truly back to basics ……….. again!!!!

Happy Belated Birthday @ciren2. Enjoy your few days off, rest that foot and step away from the cake!!!!!

Off to the shops soon to get some soup ingredients and avoid the chocolate, biscuit and wine aisles!!!!!

Onward & Downwards folks!!!!!

Day 16 UK NFD

4:3 seems to be working better than 5:2 at the moment for me so I will stick with this for now. Others I see find this approach helpful as well, I seem to get in a roll with it this way, rather than a start stop approach. Also eating most days within 16:8 guidelines.
    OH not fasting but adopting a more veggie lifestyle actively says I don’t want to eat meat and starts eating later in the day than normal breakfast times. Guess this WOL gradually rubs off. We both notice our sugar addiction has lessened with over eating indulging more associated with savoury white carb foods or ice cream. Our sugar addiction raises its head big time with this, heard/read somewhere that when we eat cold/frozen foods the tastebuds don’t sense the sweetness in the same way ie if you drank the un frozen custard mix that ice cream is made from you would likely go ‘oh yuck that’s too sweet’ but freezing affects what you can taste and so it doesn’t seem so incredibly sweet and so you eat more.
    @michelinme – I live with your food trap dilemmas. I struggle knowing there is something in a cupboard or bread bin. We are temporarily living in a studio where it’s too small to have quantities of anything in the tiny kitchen so we daily shop but very anxious at going back to weekly shopping and the resulting full freezer, larder and cupboards. Must try very hard to learn, adapt and assimilate this lifestyle into a true WOL, if it happens I’ll be so delighted as I’m still at a stage of constant vigilance, which is hard work on NFD! I’m encouraged by those maintaining that it’s possible.

A very belated happy birthday @ciren2 enjoy your days off.

@sparklyshoes – Dangerous day – immense empathy!

Happy Sunday All

Ta x

Day 16 NC USA NFD
    Ended the day around 1400 which is under TDEE. Back to under 190 lbs. Yeah! Tommorow is a FD so I think I will wait to weight myself again until after it. Started looking for a better Elliptical around $500 or so with stride length of at least 17”. If any of you have any recomendations please share the links.

My Amazon Wish list so far.
    Looking for Ellipticals with 17” Stride around $500 or so. “Looking for Ellipticals with 17” Stride around $500 or so.”
    Idea 1 0
    Nautilus E614 Elliptical Trainer Nautilus E614 Elliptical Trainer
    Offered by Amazon.com. 20” stride $699.99 1 0
    ProForm 520 E Elliptical ProForm 520 E Elliptical
    Offered by Amazon.com. 19 inch adjustable stride length $499.99 1 0
    Fitness Reality E5500XL Magnetic Elliptical Trainer Fitness Reality E5500XL Magnetic Elliptical Trainer
    Offered by Amazon.com. 18” Stride $368.01 1 0
    Exerpeutic 1318 5000 Magnetic Elliptical Trainer with Double Transmission Drive Exerpeutic 1318 5000 Magnetic Elliptical Trainer with Double Transmission Drive
    Offered by Amazon.com. 18” Stride $422.33 1 0
    ProForm 150i Elliptical ProForm 150i Elliptical
    Offered by OJCommerce. 17” stride $299.98 1 0
    Schwinn A40 Elliptical Machine Schwinn A40 Elliptical Machine
    Offered by Amazon.com. 17.5″ Stride $399.00 1 0

Day 16 – USA – NFD

@ciren2, happy belated birthday! I had it on my calendar and looked at it, but my congrats never made the page, sorry! Know that you were thought of on your special day! How’s the foot?

Day 16…..Florida…….CD

Happy Sunday Funday!

How come it is that the work week goes by soooo slow and days off fly by in an instant? Had a busy day yesterday, which worked out to be a somewhat good day in the food department.
    I did end up going to several shops looking for one particular thing. When I first started 5:2, I used to be able to get single servings of veggie dishes. The range in calories was no higher than 50 calories. To boot, they were really good, the actually came with different seasonings too.
    Well, I could find them…… but I did end up buying just some frozen one along with small containers….. I guess I’ll just have to season them myself!

I’m currently 6lbs higher than my lowest weight of 127, 133 isn’t bad but I have noticed a few things…. my belly roll is back, my hair and nails have stopped growing and I’m tired!

So, it’s back to reality! My hubbys God son, it getting married in Nov., so we’re traveling home to NY, so I would love to be back down to my lowest weight. I have exactly 6 weeks to accomplish this and if you look I should make it at the standards 1lb weight loss a week!

So here I go……
    Tie, staple and glue me to the wagon cuz my death grips on the seat will not be enough!

I was me…..I admit it…..I let the dog out!

Day 16 Stevensville Maryland USA CNFD

No time to read post, maybe later. Just checking in. Friday the scales were kind to me. Maintenance is working with just one 36 hour fast a week and 16:8 everyday.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Day 16 USA – NFD

I am in the throes of some engagement involving eating over several days, and that always tacks on a few pounds. Not sure when my next FD will be. I just have to remember to try and make the one meal out with friends each day is a wise one.

@anna6 – your crossing the Maltese channel sounds so exotic to me. Enjoy your time at the wedding!

@northerndawn – your Iowa lake vacay sounds wonderfully idyllic. Yeah for you and your family! Funny how we in Illinois used to go to MN for lake vacations when I was a kid… and you in MN go to IA!

Onward and downward.

Day 16 Florida

NFD Gain .4 Celebrating hubby’s birthday. Still very hot here. Waiting for our cool down which should be coming up. Not much going on.

Have a great day!

Day 16 – Spain 🇪🇸 – NFD

After the torrential rain and flash floods yesterday this morning dawned fresh, clear, and bright. We decided to make the most of it and headed off on the motorcycle to the mountains bordering the Costa Dorada.

It was great. We saw a sign for Fontcalda and not knowing anything about it, we took the mountain road and found ourselves twisting and turning up to 1400 metres then about twenty switchbacks on the other side. In the steep valley was Fontcalda, a natural thermal spring of azure coloured water and a permanent temp of 25c. We were in biker gear so could not go in, but it’s a definite tick on the list to return with towels and swimsuits. All this in the middle of a mountain range, and only a few other intrepid Spaniards there. Yes @annemarilyn being on the bike was so much better on those twisty switchbacks 🏍

Taking it easy this afternoon. Family arrive into Barcelona airport this evening and will be joining us, so we are enjoying the peace and tranquility now. Once the two year old granddaughter arrives that will change, but looking forward to it. DH and I will plan some trips on the bike while family here so nobody should feel overcrowded 😊

Food wise, I hang my head. I can actually see flab returning. All my clothes fit it’s the carbs and lack of water giving me a bread baby tum. As for wine 🍷…. erm…..somebody mentioned 102 glasses a week ….?????

Have a good Sunday.

Day 16 Canada NFD

@dingping I am fasting Tuesday and Thursday and really feel like the days in between stretch on forever! I can see why some people do B2B FD’s if they feel the need to just get it done quickly

@ciren2 hope you had a fabulous birthday and your foot is recovering

@bert1802 you can do this! I am doing a 6 week get healthy project- only 12 FD’s and I have 4 behind me. Oh that belly roll…..why do those extra pounds have to land there.

I am currently trying to add a daily meditation to my life, so far haven’t done it once. I heard someone say over the weekend that the Dalai Lama says everyone should meditate for 20 minutes each day, except for the people who are too busy. They should meditate for 1 hour! Advice to ponder 🙂

Day16 Belfast NFD

Finished packing and now just a few odds and ends to tidy up. Packing a little bag for puppy ☹️ too; she’s off to kennels tomorrow.

@hola @daffodil. You are taking OH in spirit. He’s a frustrated biker. He sold his bike when our first son was born and often still hankers after it! Happy and safe holidays to you.
    @northerndawn – your trip sounds idyllic.
    Happy birthday to @ciren2.
    @wrxgirl – wow! That sounds so sore! Well done on losing those inches despite being inactive.
    @rainbowsmile – was just going to give you a shout out when I saw your post. Hope all is well.
    @at and Coda hope you’re both doing OK?

Off to finish my chores, then a relaxed evening and early bed. Enjoy the rest of the weekend folks

2nd post

Forced to go clothes shopping for clothes for a ‘no black’ funeral, happily I’m comfortably a size down – very pleased, motivation and all that right back up there!

On my way home from shopping and listening to BBC 6 Music (radio station) Guy Garvey played this:

https://youtu.be/BEmXCjfFeFA

(Gil Evans las Vegas Tango) and thought you might like it @snowflake56, what with your good taste in music and a liking for Max Raabe. Really takes you to another place, cant be stressed listening to this!

@flourbaby – I have that syndrome, I can stick at most things for 2 months and then the slip and slide starts. Really like the saying someone put down the other day from a fellow challenger @fatrabbit, it went something along the lines of “nothing tastes as good as thin” it’s stuck in my head since and given me an extra oomph! Good luck combating your syndrome this week!

@bert1802 – nothing like a wedding to put a rocket under us, would handcuffs do?

@bellyblast – just finding it easier to do a stretch rather than a day here and a day there. It’s made easier for me as OH works long hours three days a week so I don’t have to prepare food for him on those days, it makes sense, shame it’s taken me 6 months to work it out!!!
    Are your meditations 20 minutes or an hour? I’ve recently done a bit of Tai Chi type stuff which I find very calming as I’m such a rusher, gives me time to focus and slow down, not quite meditation but it does slow me down, and it’s a start!
    Enjoying the last rays of a sunny sunday here in London, hope everyone else is chilling!

Ta x

USA Day 16 NFD

Daffodil: Your trip to Spain sounds fabulous! 🙂

Thank you all for the birthday greetings.
    @metatauta, @bellyblast: My foot? Well, for some reason today it really hurts. I did wear different shoes to church, but (surely) that can’t be enough to rile it up so badly, can it?? There seems a bit of a swelling on the back of the instep too…oh err..
    However, must try to ignore it…any weakness shown at work would prompt retirement at my age!
    @shinything: are you really down to 44kg? Amazing..
    @bert1802: You can do it…only 1 pound per week…yes!
    @beedoo: Congratulations on continuing to maintain. The people at work are jealous…take no notice. xx
    My one birthday wish is this: If ONLY I could fast again…if ONLY…

Viewing 50 posts - 601 through 650 (of 1,074 total)

You must be logged in to reply.