September 2018 – Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
September 2018 – Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 1,071 replies, has 74 voices, and was last updated by  FasterJo 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 751 through 800 (of 1,074 total)

• Day 20, London, UK, FD,

Well, yesterdays’ NFD was a bit of a disaster!!! I went to the shops hungry, this is a big No-No for me because I have zero willpower & I love a bargain too!!!! So the 6-pack of crisps and the 3-for £1 chocolates found their way into my basket and strangely enough, there were none left by the end of the day!!!!! The lovely smoothie I made for 3pm brunch is still in the fridge ………………………… Truly self-sabotaging. I MUST stick to my plan, I’ve a party at the end of October and the dress I already bought does NOT need a Carb/Bread –Baby belly accessory!!!! I CAN DO THIS!!!!

@ciren2, have you re-read your posts at the start of your journey? I sometimes read mine just to see the positivity and enthusiasm I had back then and the utter joy when I didn’t die after a FD or when I dropped 2 or 3lbs …………………………….. effortlessly. You’ll hanker after the ‘good old days’ and maybe that’ll spur you on???

I’m not looking forward to todays’ FD as I think yesterdays’ binging on crap awakened a dragon I thought I had permanently put to bed ……………………… the self-pitying one who cries constantly “Feed-me, feed-me, feed-me-NOW” I’m going to try to drown him today as that’s an area I’m falling down at ……….. hydration stems hunger, so stay hydrated, Doh!!!! It’s not rocket science!!!!

Onward & downwards folks, lets drown some dragons and take a good long hard look at this WOL; WHAT we’re doing, then link it to WHY we’re doing it, add a little bit of WHO we’re doing it for ……………………….. and it can only lead to success!!!!

Day 20 – France – NFD

Just checking in. Enjoying an eating day today (but no mindless snacking!), before a probable FD tomorrow.

@matpi That is great to hear. I also noticed this. I have some peanut butter cups and other chockies sitting on my desk that were gifted to me by colleagues (I am embarrassed to say I have a reputation), and I am not tempted.
    @snowflake I would be interested to hear your thoughts on the series of B2Bs once you are finished. Which days were hardest, did you find your body was acting differently at one point, how linear was your weight loss, etc.

Have a great day everyone! Will go for a slow jog on this beautiful summery day in Paris before the weather turns bad tomorrow.

Day 20 Mykonos Greece. NFD

It’s very blowy here and a bit nipsy. Not fasting at all, or even particularly watching what I eat, but having light breakfasts and an evening meal so not too much damage done. Think I’ll have to re read Dr Moseley’s book when I get back, and Jason Fungs Obesity Code, to get my brain back in the right gear. I’ve learned from bitter experience of quitting smoking and alcohol that it all starts with the brain!!!! Just need a bit of light brainwashing.
    Hello to my fellow fasters round the world. I’m reading everything ( not much to do here…) but not posting every day cos I’m not doing anything. Looking forward to going home to London. H

Day 20 – USA – NFD?

May be able to pull off a FD today. @annemarilyn, they found another position for me, but I must pass another background check and take a drug test, etc. because of the sensitive nature of the job; meanwhile, they’re using me elsewhere while all the paperwork is being completed. Thanks for asking; it’s different to have to get up and out the door again after officially retiring, but a girl’s gotta eat, lol!

Day 20 UK FD

Still feeling numb but positive for the future.
    Doing well with fasting, yesterday turned into a fast as I’m not going to be able to do my planned B2B2B. So fasted yesterday and will again today and then Saturday. Have been invited to a fish finger supper (I love them, especially in sandwich form!) with very very dear old friends on Friday, a much needed catch up and an offer I couldn’t refuse.

@fivetwofan5252 – I didn’t know the meaning of Blumpy so I looked it up… ‘Oh matron…’ made me gasp and then LOL, but I don’t think you meant it in the way my online dictionary defined it!

@ciren2 – you’re still here, that’s the important thing, so you must be hopeful that you could do this again. Sometimes we just have to go with the flow and if life is blah, then life is blah. You will find your time again. @emmataylor just made a good point of needing a ‘little brainwashing’ maybe re watch the original BBC programme on 5:2 it might start a spark.

@rainbowsmile, @annemarilyn, and @northerndawn, thanks, I’ll hold onto as many hands as needed to get me off the roller coaster, or at least to the straights.

Good luck @annemarilyn, @rainbowsmile and @snowflake56 for your water and liquid fasts, in awe, maybe one day.

Pocket list

@cateaus
    @rainbowsmile WFD
    @snowflake56 4th of B2B2B2B2B2B
    @gretta
    @flourbaby
    @dingping

UK – Day 20 FD

Hi All,

Like others I am finding it very difficult to both keep up to date with all the messages, or reply specifically to people. As my goal is to fast consistently, I will attempt to add the ‘keep up to date with the thread’ next month.

Someone (and I am so sorry I can’t remember who you were, and am unable to even remember the page to go back and try to find it) gave me confidence about booking my NHS health check. On the one hand I thought it might be good to get the ‘mumbers’ on file, and that way it will show my improvement, but, on the other hand, this is the heaviest I have been since being 9 months pregnant with my daughter 20 years ago, so really do not want this recorded anywhere official. So, I went for a mid way, I have booked my check for 5 weeks time, and no backing out….

I have also (wisely or stupidly, you decide) started my ‘Best Self’ diary, a 13 week goal setting and accountability diary, and one of my main goals is ‘To loose 1 Kg a week for 13 weeks’ (Eeeeekkkkk…). There are several reasons, one of the main ones being I want to start my own Pilates business, and I always feel bad when I teach a class and am bigger than some of my students, and feel I do not give a good impression. As it will be my own company this time, rather than working for someone else, I need to be an advert for my business. 13 Kg’s will take me into the 70Kg zone. Whilst this is still overweight for my height, it is much more within the healthy zone.

I know it is a tough goal, and might be unrealistic, but as I have committed to this being a focus, I feel I may as well dream big. If I fail, I will fail with a significant loss and many lessons, so will still be a win. If I succeed, well. if I succeed I will have shaved quite a bit of ‘me’ off, and be left with my core (excuse the Pilates pun 😉 ).

So for anyone who has set a ‘Big Goal’ I would appreciate any tips or advice. Right now, I have joined Parkrun, 2 runs in, and started a mid week run. I am also planning to up my weekly exercise.

Thanks in advance.
    Jo x

Day 20, FD UK

Hungry as a horse this morning. The little voice in me is saying: “go-on, eat. You know you want to. You could make up for it next week. Just a nibble of something healthy, or a flapjack – that’s gotta be low GI :)” Yes my inner voice even uses emojis!

So I’m here contemplating some work, and swigging a coffee to try and keep the demons at bay. Some days are easy, some are hard as hell.

@rainbowsinme – You want to know about boot camp? The first rule of boot camp is: “Never talk about Boot Camp”.

But as this is a message. It’s not talking is it? Boot Camp is fabulous and nasty in equal measures. It’s in my local park and run by an ace fitness trainer who never goes easy on us. 45 mins twice a week of all kinds of core-strength exercises mixed with shuttle runs and sprints up and down a hill. Then there is the odd race or “suicide run” (badly named, I know) just when you think you’re about to get short break, you have to race up to the top of the hill and back. 1st back is qudos – there are no prizes. The added bonus at the moment is we’re training in the dark with a few camping lamps. Locals must think we’re crackers…

Emma Taylor, I heard an inspirational thought from Toni Robbins this morning. May resonate with you.

‘For a rocket to get out of the earths atmosphere and into space, it uses 80% of it’s fuel, So to get started on any change, most of the effort goes into getting started, taking off’

Jo x

@fasterjo

You don’t have to be more perfect than your Pilates students. Most won’t be bothered. It’s more about the quality of your classes and your ability to connect with your class, I think. Some who are less than svelte will even appreciate the fact that you’re not some perfect ‘gym bunny’ who they view with the suspicion that this person does nothing in life but exercise.

Day 20……Florida…..FD

So that happened! I have been an anxiety and panic attack suffer for years, started I would say in my early 20’s. It’s been years since, I had an all day episodes. Yesterday, I guess it was my time…. I’m feeling much better this morning but it through my FD completely out the window.
    So, I’m going to try and do a b2b today and tomorrow.

I know this is short this morning but as life would have it, I’m a bit behind today!

It was me……I admit it, I let the dogs out!

Day 20, UK, NFD

After successful FD yesterday, I find the scales showing 53.2kg 🙂 . I will take that, tvm 😀

@redrockgirl302 glad to hear everything is ok with your eyes 🤗

@dingping hearing that you feel numb worries me 🙁 , I just want to say that I hope you start having a better time and continue to be positive. Sending you a virtual hug 🤗

@fasterjo I like and do pilates at home :D, who knows, I might be your customer one day 😉 . Good luck ☘

@johnnyr – ” Yes my inner voice even uses emojis!” you made me laugh, mine too 😂

@bert1802 sorry to hear you suffer panic attacks :(, feel better! Sending you a big hug 🤗

Have a great day everyone and stay the course, we can do this! 💪

Day 20, Surrey (UK), FD

Still aiming for that magic 150 number. It may happen, or it may not. Either way, I’ll keep on keeping on!

Wishing you all strength and renewed enthusiasm as you face your daily challenges. Deep breath. One step at a time. We’ll get there, slowly but surely.

Pocket list Day 20:
    @cateaus
    @rainbowsmile WFD
    @snowflake56 4th of B2B2B2B2B2B
    @gretta
    @flourbaby
    @dingping
    @fasterjo
    @johnnyr
    @bert1802
    @fatfingers

Day 20, FD, USA

Good morning! Adding myself to the pocket list today. Have a beautiful day everyone!

@cateaus
    @rainbowsmile WFD
    @snowflake56 4th of B2B2B2B2B2B2
    @gretta
    @flourbaby
    @dingping
    @fasterjo
    @johnnyr
    @bert1802
    @fatfingers
    @onlyhermes

Day 20 North Canton FD

Lovely to hear from you @rainbowsmile. My fight with the common cold continues. I am so medicated, I was unable to get up and exercise and I’m bummed about it and know exactly how you feel with your foot @rainbowsmile; the things we take for granted.

Weight day is tomorrow, curious to see what my dear friend Cruella has to tell me.

Love the mantra @flourbaby about re-examining what, why and who we are doing this for

@metatauta so glad about the position they found for you. As you said, a girl’s gotta eat. I really hope it’s something you enjoy doing, especially since you are “officially retired”

@dingping here’s one more sets of hands to hold onto, I wiped my germy hands with Clorox and wore gloves just for you 🙂 Sometimes life throws a curveball and all we can do is keep putting one foot in front of the other, sometimes that’s all we can do and I promise the sun will shine again for you soon.

@fasterjo, just a word of encouragement, as an exercise aficionado I have participated in many, many, group exercise classes. Some of the instructors were bigger than I was and some were smaller. I did not care about that; I cared more about whether the class was fun, interesting and challenging enough for me. However, I can understand your goal and it’s a worthy one.

@bert1802, as the mother of a child who suffers from panic and anxiety attacks, my heart goes out to you.

Adding myself to the pocket list; may the fast be with you
    @cateaus
    @rainbowsmile WFD
    @gretta
    @flourbaby
    @dingping
    @fasterjo
    @johnnyr
    @bert1802
    @fatfingers
    @onlyhermes
    @basyjames

Day 20 NC USA NFD
    Going to the dentist at lunch tomorrow on my FD. Think it may help distract me from food. 🙂 Also tomorrow waiting on delivery of my New Apple Watch Series 4. Hope it will motivate me to workout more.

@johnnyr, thanks for your thoughts. I know most people don’t care very much, but I have been an instructor for a few years, and when the younger thinner client arrives, they do give me a ‘look’. I don’t feel comfortable in stretchy body hugging clothing trying to demonstrate a move with my belly rolls getting in the way. I agree that a connection with the class is the best asset, and so far I have managed to do OK on that front. But I need to take myself to the next level, for myself as an individual as much as for my career.

@shinything great to hear, I haven’t been great at practice since my move in May, but part of my 13 week plan is to get back in charge of a good Clam 🙂

@fatfingers thanks for adding me to the pocket list, I seem to never manage to do it, or find the time to figure it out. Really makes me feel ‘part’ of something.

@basyjames thank you so much for the encouragement. Getting myself fitter means I can challenge those who want a challenge. Not having to move around my own waistline means I can just crack on with helping people instead of downgrading the exercise to suit me. My main aim of all my classes is to ‘never take ourselves too seriously, it’s just exercise’ and to have the class in fits of laughter at least once during a class, either at me or with me.

@flourbaby LOL, I am still at the point of wondering if I am going to faint or die on 500cals. Have learned hunger won’t kill me, but now to try the b2b thing, or 3FD’s a week. Remind me of these days when I am taking it all for granted…..

Day 20 USA – NFD

Yesterday was pretty good, about 200 calories under TDEE. Hoping to do the same today.

Onward and downward

Day 20 Canada FD

@northerndawn I don’t need to imagine the visceral fat around my organs, I had laparoscopic surgery early this year and got to see mine. Not a pretty picture and a huge motivator to loose that unhealthy stuff.

Lots of snacking yesterday, will have to think about why that happened. What I do know is once I start there is no stopping!

@fasterjo I like your best self strategy, I am doing something similar but for 6 weeks. I have started thinking of it as only 12 FD’s (today is #6). For me focussing on more than weight loss is the best way to go, changing things that can support this healthier WOL instead.

@bert1802 glad you are feeling OK today

Adding myself to the pocket list
    @cateaus
    @rainbowsmile WFD
    @gretta
    @flourbaby
    @dingping
    @fasterjo
    @johnnyr
    @bert1802
    @fatfingers
    @onlyhermes
    @basyjames
    @bellyblast

Day 20, Gozo, Malta cd

I had a mixed veg and chicken marinated in orange juice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and seasoning with a little mazzorella at 460 calories. Then after eating a peach and a yogurt I had to eat one German chocolate and biscuit which my daughter brought for my husband from Munich last weekend. I stopped at just one each.

This evening it’s paprika chicken with rice but I may just have melon and a yogurt.

RainbowSmile I hope your foot is better by now.

Stay strong and keep on keeping on.

Day 20 UK FD

Caught up with posts – So lovely to come here and feel among friends for an hour. Bit of a late evening stuff yesterday but no carbs in the house – phew! Today I was back to 144lbs but still feeling thinner even tho weight the same. Must be looking thinner too bc people have started to notice who had already noticed when I was July post-hospital 144lbs. I think my fat suit may be shrinking in places I don’t measure. Definitely going to have to do some shopping for basics soon as my layer-up leggings and long sleeve tops are ridiculously baggy. Interesting conversation colleague yesterday too – he’s gone from 16st to 11st 10lbs, and realised we’ve both got c10lbs to go. Lovely to have some mutual encouragement IRL 🙂

Feel better after getting ready for and through yesterday’s final conference planning meeting – less than 4 weeks to go and a Huge Amount to do, but it’s definitely getting there. Plus a useful meeting on two other projects – homework to get done for those tomorrow but feeling good.

I took today off from project work and anything cerebral, instead catching up with home stuff & getting on top of things that were getting on top of me! Balance is a wonderful thing 🙂 Plumber came & fixed bathroom sink leak, electrician & heating engineer are booked for next week, good physio/OT reassessment today. Also got shopping done & my mother’s shopping done & delivered – she has COPD and is still struggling with chest infection. Going to do some good looking after myself this evening – early evening yoga & meditation and an early night.

Thank you so much @basyjames @dingping @northerndawn @shinything and anyone else who kindly thought about my DD’s interview yesterday. Unfortunately there was a fire alarm right as she began and the whole 20-floor building was evacuated – by the time they restarted an hour later she was completely thrown and feels it went v badly. She was interviewing early bc going away this evening so other candidates won’t have that to contend with! She’s now off to Africa for a couple of weeks – on a choir trip raising money for local projects, then spending time with a couple of friends. Hopefully time to reset, refind her wonderful self and return with confidence and clarity.

@dingping thank you for lovely thoughts, as ever. So sorry you are in a difficult emotional space, and glad that the future is looking more positive – yay for good friends and fishfingers!

@flourbaby with you on the dragon – mine’s a many-headed hydra! Well done for hitting reset. We live and learn, and repeat until changed.

@emmataylor stopping smoking teaches such valuable lessons about strength, resilience & changing behaviours – you’ve got this!

@fasterjo – my only wisdom when working to bigger goals is to pay attention in the moment. Like pennies and pounds – or physio exercises! – everything big is made up of lots of small things done consistently and with a purpose.

@bert1802 so sorry you had an all-day panic attack. my DD has them and they are so painful to witness, must be so much harder to feel xxx

@basyjames get well soon x

@rainbowsmile wow re WFDs! i’m in SW London rather than Surrey, but would love to meet up when we both have capacity and perhaps a little more mobility. Do you come up?

Adding myself to the pocket list
    @cateaus
    @rainbowsmile WFD
    @gretta
    @flourbaby
    @dingping
    @fasterjo
    @johnnyr
    @bert1802
    @fatfingers
    @onlyhermes
    @basyjames
    @bellyblast
    @michelinme

Day 20 – Eastern WA USA – LFD

Just checking in as I need to head out to several appointments starting out with a massage 🙂

Planning to stop at 96 hours of fasting. My longest fasting yet. @rainbowsmile – not nearly as long as you’ve gone but…

Day 20 pocket list:

@cateaus
    @rainbowsmile WFD
    @gretta
    @flourbaby
    @dingping
    @fasterjo
    @johnnyr
    @bert1802
    @fatfingers
    @onlyhermes
    @basyjames
    @bellyblast
    @michelinme
    @annemarilyn 4th day of B2B2B2B

Day 20, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Off hiking! 😊🚶‍♀️🌻

Have a good Thursday everyone! 😊😊😊

A good IF story:

A woman was terribly overweight, so her doctor had her on a diet. “I want you to eat regularly for two days, then skip a day, and repeat this procedure for two weeks. The next time I see you, you’ll have lost at least 10 pounds.”

When the woman came back, she shocked the doctor by losing nearly 30 pounds. “Wow, that’s amazing!” the doctor said. “Did you follow my instructions?”

The woman nodded. “I’ll tell you though, I thought I was going to drop dead that third day.” “From hunger, you mean?” “No, from skipping.”

[of course that kind of skipping is the movement one….]

Day 20
    2nd post

Thank you @shinything, @basyjames and @michelinme for your concern. I’m fine just knocked a bit sideways by events on Monday that have ramifications for DH and our family, nothing life threatening but still something we need to come to terms with and adapt to. Thank you again for your kind words, it meant a lot as I’ve been a bit lost today.
    Vegging out and procrastinating on writing a report, watching About a Boy but not eating, staying strong with my fast!

@basyjames – appreciate your hand hygiene, you can keep those pesky germs in Canton! Seriously hope they evaporate ASAP.
    @metatauta – hope you find your feet in your new position soon.
    @fasterjo – good luck, sometimes we just have to aim for the stars. I’m sure many of your clients like your classes cause of you and don’t even notice your size. Sometimes these things are in our heads and not theirs.
    @bert1802 – sincere sympathy as my DD also suffers horribly with panic attacks so I know how overwhelming they are.
    @michelinme – what a shame things happened beyond your DD control and she now feels all’s gone wrong. I think being a mum to adult kids is more challenging than when they were young and ‘there, there’ was often all that was needed. I hope she comes back from her travels re invigorated and full of positivity.
    And if basics shopping was ever fun, now might be one of those times! Did you compare stories with your co worker on how he did it? Great to have some solidarity especially with those final 10Ibs I here they can be the hardest!

See you all tomorrow
    Ta x

Day 20 – FD; Dublin, Ireland

Day 20 pocket list:

@cateaus
    @rainbowsmile WFD
    @gretta
    @flourbaby
    @dingping
    @fasterjo
    @johnnyr
    @bert1802
    @fatfingers
    @onlyhermes
    @basyjames
    @bellyblast
    @michelinme
    @annemarilyn 4th day of B2B2B2B
    @moukinator

Day 21 – Japan – FD

Day 20 Minnesota, USA CNFD

A good controlled day yesterday, less than 900 cal, and a good NFD today under 1200 cal. I struggled a bit today because after 2 FDs and a CD, I was quite hungry this afternoon. I ate at 3pm and then dinner at 6pm.
    I always think that hunger is a good sign: I feel it means I am on target and will inevitably lose weight if I stick it out. Hunger pangs to go away if I drink plenty water or decaf coffee or tea, and wait them out.

@anna6: Thank you for explaining your system of FDs and CDs. I will be adopting that approach for the most part, going forward. For now, I just want to lose 2 more pounds this month. More would be nice, though. 😉
    @redrockgirl302: Glad all was well at the eye exam.
    @flourbaby: I think that’s great advice for @ciren2 and really for everyone who has been on the forums for awhile. It does help to re-motivate when I read my posts from the first months on this WOE. I hope you try it, @ciren2!

Must get off, as more storms approach. It’s been dark, rainy and stormy for 2-3 days now. Over 5 inches of rain in three days. I kind of like the rain and thunder, for awhile, but not when it takes a severe turn. Tornadoes to the south of us tonight. Soon we’ll be out of the woods for several days. Cool weather tomorrow. Autumn begins.

Good luck everyone. Take good care of yourselves.

Day 20 Ohio, US FD (#12)

@songbirdme — great story! I guess that means that in the old children’s song, “Skip to my Lou,” my darling was into IF!

This FD has gone smoothly. Early this morning I got a flu shot and I’m finding that even now my body is really revved up. I’m wondering if this is a combination of the FD with the vaccination?

Enjoy!

Day 21, Emden Germany, FD

Good morning everyone!

time to get up and work on the bookcases again, want to be finished before the husband gets home. Will be back later, just wanted to start the pocket list.

Pocket list day 21

@snowflake56 5th of B2B2B2B2B2B
    @dykask

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 21 – France – NFD

Today was supposed to be a FD but there’s an Indonesian lunch project that popped up spontaneously among colleagues. We have negotiated buying our lunch today from the actual kitchen of the Indonesian embassy, so it should be yummy and authentic. Not going to miss out on that! “I can always fast tomorrow”, right? 🙂 Luckily I have already done my 2 for the week, although would have liked a third.

Great story about the skipping!

Day 21 UK CD

Aiming to stay controlled and focussed.

To my horror I’ve discovered after chatting with my DH and as if I didn’t know this that google searches should not be relied upon!!! Sorry @fivetwofan5252, my mistake.

One week when TGI Friday , have a good one everyone!

Ta x

Day 21 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

I haven’t been able to keep up with the forum this month so hope you’re all OK and steadily moving towards your September goals. Despite life throwing rocks at me this month I’m still doing up to 800 calories FDs on Mondays and Thursdays and healthy Mediterranean style food every day and maintaining under 130 lbs. It seems that my adaptation of 5:2 really has become a routine WOL for me….take heart if you’re struggling right now…..my advice is don’t make 5:2 too extreme and unsustainable.

Keep strong everyone 😊

Day 21, FD – UK

@dingping !! Horror! I have now just googled it too, OMG hilarious. No I didn’t mean any of the definitions I just saw on google!!

My friend always says blumpy when she’s feeling a bit bloated after Christmas or after a very long car journey, so I picked it up from her! I will have to tell her what google makes of this word!

Adding myself to the pocket list day 21

@dykask
    @fivetwofan5252

Day 21, Surrey (UK), NFD, 151lbs

Ooooh, so close! Yesterday’s FD was a good one. I can almost touch that 150lb goal now!

@fasterjo, you’re welcome (re: adding you to yesterday’s pocket list). Yes, I find it helps me, too. Don’t compare yourself unfavourably to your slender clients. They are there for a reason – to learn from you, and be encouraged by you. YOU CAN do that, and I’m sure you do it brilliantly! I have a lady personal trainer who is quite a bit larger than me. She explained to me (unprompted) that she has a thyroid issue, which has caused her to gain weight. It really does not matter a jot to me in context of the job she does for me. What does matter is that she can help ME to improve. She’s designed a really excellent training programme, that picks out all my weak spots and gives them a thorough work-out – which is exactly what I need! And that, at the end of the day. is what counts. Good luck, follow your dreams, you know you can do this!

Have a good Friday everyone, and be mindful over the week (or weak?) end!

Day 21, Emden Germany, FD 2nd post

@dingping I’m so very sorry you had a hard time, I really hope things will be better from now on. Enjoy the supper with your friends. Good friends are so important to have, what would we do without them? Hugs and see you tomorrow?

@fatfingers almost there!

@daffodil2010 and @debster251 love reading your holiday posts, keep them coming and have fun!

@fivetwofan5252 what I’m doing isn’t really hard, I can eat on the FDs. I never could do what @rainbowsmile and @dykask did, just water fasting is too hard for me. Now I had to look up “blumpy” too, well, well, what can I say?

@michelinme a fire alarm when you’re having a job interview must be horrible, you prepare yourself and then you’re totally out of it. I hope your DD will have a lovely time in Africa.

@fasterjo you do have an ambitious plan, it’s doable so just try it!

@sparklyshoes I will give you a summary of my fasting day when finished. My Dad would have loved to accompany you on your Indonesian lunch. He lived in Indonesia for a few years and Indonesian food stayed his favourite, he was also very good at preparing it. He was a great cook.

Back to the books again!

Day 21 – Lima, Peru – 16:8

Feeling great, am at 79.01 kg (sheesh, would have so much liked to make it to 78! That’s 174.2 lbs for our American friends). Had a hectic day yesterday, so no workout, but was careful with food and able to go out in the evening with some colleagues and split a nice pizza with others… along with a Gin and Tonic!

Hope everyone is hanging in there – I haven’t been able to keep up with all the posts. @sparklyshoes I am jealous – I haven’t traveled to Asia recently and miss food from that part of the world.

Onwards and downwards – a phrase that I stole from others on this forum but that nicely sums things up!

Day 21 NC USA FD

Apple Watch delivery day. Woot! Also have game night at my house to look forward too. Of course sometimes people bring food so that can be a challenge. However I plan to only eat the normal 500 beforehand and if I decide to indulge I will used the 800 rule instead. Like the flexibility in this WOL.

@dykask
    @fivetwofan5252
    @beththenew

Day 21 USA – NFD

Good CD yesterday – still maintaining. Off to Silver Sneakers shortly, and I’m happy to say this is my 3rd exercise class this week. Also had yoga on Wednesday. Yeah for me!

@beththenew – let us know what you think of your Apple watch. One daughter said she didn’t know why I don’t have one myself. Other than not liking small screens, I can’t say why.

Onward and downward.

Day 21 UK CD

Friday weigh day…. 144lbs! Been bouncing 145-142 for the first 3wks of September and 147-144 since early July – tho now touching 142 before bouncing up again. Strangely this week I weighed 142 on Tues & Weds and have come back up despite yesterday’s FD.

I hardly carbed at all this week after last week’s cake fest – no fresh bread, a few slices of frozen oat/seed bread, 100g rice and that’s it. Definitely a link btw carbs, sugar and fat suit inflation. I’m feeling a fair bit puffier today without carbtastic tum being much bigger than early 2nd trimester – I suspect it’s down to not drinking enough yesterday and having a few dates in the evening. Something about dates that feels far more sugary than a simple prune imho 🙂

Remembered to measure today – lost another 0.3″ from neck 🙂 0.5″ from bust 🙁 and 0.5 from L thigh, which is now 1″ smaller than R thigh! Still feel my fat suit is shrinking in places i don’t measure, which is prob why my clothes are feeling /looking baggy. Almost dreading getting out the autumn/winter wardrobe bc of gaps and effort – I’m 35lbs lighter than last autumn. But goodness what a useful indicator of how tired I am!

Didn’t get my super early night last night as was emailing with lovely friend in SA who needed some real time assistance to get something sorted. Glad to have had capacity to reach out bc it had been a practical day. Today has been similar, helping out a friend after slow start to day and nearly gone.

Nasty cough this morning, been carrying this virus for a couple of weeks so need to pay attention to body for a bit. Not yet done yoga or meditation and small pile of things need attention to keep from becoming issues – and set myself up for a proper relaxed day off tomorrow. Definitely time for gentle stretch, light snack and focus on a couple of hours work. Remembering to balance with self-care and gentle planning – looking after Future Me

Good luck to all who are fasting today, finishing off a heavy week or feeling the week has nearly finished them off! xx

Day 21, Gozo, Malta, cd

Today I cooked sea bream with slices of lemon, tarragon, some white wine and seasoning wrapped in foil with lemon sauce made from light single cream, lemon juice, extra Virgin olive oil (I was supposed to use butter but I used olive oil as a healthier option), some flour and an egg yolk gently heated on hop until thickened and served with the fish and a simple lettuce/rucola/tomatoes/sweet corn salad.

This evening I’ll have something light such as a yogurt and a nutty cereal bar with melon or peaches.

I had two coffees with milk and honey and a couple of peaches.

Keep up the faith you beautiful people. Onwards and downwards.

Greetings Fasters, from the sidelines.
    Thank you all who have contributed ideas to spur me on, and, yes, one day I hope to get back on the wagon….if it is not completely out of sight by then!
    I just don’t seem to have the motivation right now. Funnily during the evenings I can feel quite good about fasting the next day….but when the next day comes, I’ve completely changed how I feel about it. Like a switch went off.
    I know that once I eat my breakfast porridge, I’m done for!

Day 21, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Off hiking🚶‍♀️😊🌻, later my DH and I will be attending the Symphony performing Beethoven’s Ninth!🎼🎵🎶😊

Have a good Friday everyone! 🌺🌻🌼

Day 21, UK, FD

So far so good, I find it more effective to do 800cal FD because it takes the pressure off and I feel more relaxed, therefore more successful 🙂

I have read all the posts but I’m rushing to go out now so no time for replying to all, will try and do it later maybe 🙂

@ciren2 have you tried more relaxed approach to this WOE? Maybe what @anna6 and few of us are doing? It would give you more room for manoeuvre, so to speak 🙂 . I hope you come back soon, but good luck whichever way you decide to go and I hope your foot gets better 🤗

@dykask
    @fivetwofan5252
    @beththenew
    @shinything

Have a great day/evening everyone 🌺

Day 21 second post

Unexpectedly quiet here today. I popped back for encouragement and to distract from evening eating. Will have to work on distracting myself!

Had a OMAD big tofu salad followed by rice pudding made with odds and ends of brown/red/wild rice, plant milk, cacao, vanilla, honey and banana. Stomach full and warm, but mouth is telling my brain it’s hungry!

Going to take a big glass of fizzy water and have an Epsom salts and lavender bath. Early night and healing sleep… And no more food!

Day 21, Guildford UK, NFD

My ankle got all swollen because of physio. And then I did weights. Specifically I tried a machine for legs called the leg press machine.

And my ankle went crack, it sounded like a gun shot. Then I went to the sauna. And wow something had gone back into place.

Very bizarre.

Something worked.

I need a gin.

Second post to come.

Mari

Day 22 NFD Auckland

The countdown’s on. We leave on Thursday on a 17 hr flight to Dubai then switch planes and head for London. Billy’s in business class. I’ve elected to go steerage so I can have the spending money. This is called friendly extortion!!!! But also there is too much food and alcohol available all the time in business. Economy is better for your waistline!

@rainbowsmile Yes outfits! You did ask! I bought a pair of short ankle exposing black pants with cuffs from one our local fashion houses to wear with ankle boots. At the moment I am XL Ralph Lauren so I bought several jackets from eBay – my saviour! A double-breasted b+w gingham belted cotton jacket; a high neck cotton knit b+w tartan with a zip and a black single button black jacket. I have a purple silk cotton shirt with fine pintucks down the front plus a gorgeous purple Emilio Pucci scarf to wear together. I also bought a silk dark red tartan shirt cut with the tartan on the diagonal and a big ruffle down the front. My silk dress (not eBay) is a fashionable ‘sack’ printed with a large diagonal knit argyle pattern in aubergine. I’ll wear that with a black shawl I crocheted when I was 17!

@dingping I think we started this WOL at the same time so I always look for you! Great to hear things are sorting out for you. You’re welcome to visit the gallery.

@matpi Hi there! Another starving Westie in the group! Fantastic! Our guy is nearly 11 and it breaks my heart having to leave him.

Cheers everyone!

Day 21 Canada NFD
    I’m about half way through my self improvement plan. Yes @michelinme the focus is on future me. I’m not too strict on counting calories on FD’s, just setting myself a OMAD pattern with a salad based dinner. So far have kicked drinking alcohol except for one glass of wine a week and feeling great. I’m trying to improve sleep, lose a few pounds and find a way to be healthy and fit each day. I’m normally a person who starts the day stepping on the scales it am leaving them alone until mid-October. We will see!!

Day 21 – USA – NFD

Day 21 Minnesota, USA FD

Just 308 calories so far and since it’s almost 7pm, my time, my window of eating is just about over. Walked 3.5 hilly miles (5.6K) this drizzly, breezy, cool (50 F, 10 C) morning. Quite invigorating. Tomorrow I’m planning a NFD to enjoy, hopefully without going too far overboard. Sunday, back to a CFD. I must admit that I’m looking forward to tomorrow and being a little lenient with intake.

@fasterjo, I think your Best Self plan is a great idea. I agree that your students/clients don’t care what size your are as long as you know how to help them, and you are a positive force in their journeys toward wellness. I also agree with @johnnyr that many people that come to you for instruction will be put at ease by the fact you are a real and normal person, not a Gym Bunny type. As for the younger clients who give you a “look”, well, just ignore them! They’re still in middle school mentality. 😉
    @bert1802 I have had some experience with anxiety/panic attacks as well. I wonder if it’s a delayed reaction to all the coworker and job stress you’ve gone through? I hope you can figure out the triggers and alleviate them.
    @beththenew; I’m jealous about your new iWatch. Let me know what you think after you’ve had it awhile, please?
    @bellyblast: I hope that was a DVD recording of your laparoscopy, and not in real time! LOL. I don’t think I’d like to see my visceral fat until I’ve lost about 15 pounds. Pretty sure, actually.
    @songbirdme: Thanks for the story, it gave me a chuckle, which is always good!
    I’ll try to catch up on the posts I’ve missed, tomorrow. Until then, good luck everyone, and be kind to yourselves. Enjoy the weekend!

Day 21 – Eastern WA USA – NFD (16:8)

Finally getting on to post. Have been at the university getting briefed on my part time job, followed by a chunk of time at Social Security getting set up for health care in retirement.

I loved how my body felt on 4 liquid fast days & even today. I’ve been able to make good choices for my future self. For me the first day was a little difficult, but each day got easier.

@songbirdme – thanks for your funny story. Laughter is good medicine!

Enjoy the weekend end forum friends!

Viewing 50 posts - 751 through 800 (of 1,074 total)

You must be logged in to reply.