October 2020 Monthly Challenge — RESET OCTOBER

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
October 2020 Monthly Challenge — RESET OCTOBER

This topic contains 503 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  NorthGeorgia 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 509 total)

• Day 14 – UK – FD

Good morning all – another early check in for me!!

Yoga class via Zoom at 1000 so a quick post whilst I enjoy a cup of tea ☕️ ZBC

Managed to fit in a brisk 8km yesterday afternoon and got some great photos highlighting autumnal colours around here 🍂🌦
    Back home to prep dinner – a Prawn curry (tomato based with homemade curry paste mix) served with a small serve of brown basmati rice and red cabbage and carrot salad before doing my regular 1700hrs High Impact Pilates class – so a slightly later dinner by the time I had a shower after class and finished cooking but ending with a good CD with plenty of exercise after all!!

@i-hate-lettuce – Re feeding the cake……..I thought so 😉
    @kazoo and @missybear – stick with us – I’m holding on tight to you both
    @bellalondon – 2lbs in a week is great – slow and steady gets you there and helps to re-educate your eating habits 👍
    @basyjames @northerndawn and others – glad that quote resonated with you 🤗
    @stitchincarol – looking forward to your descriptions of your DS’s birthday dinner from Ad Hoc At Home by Thomas Keller on Thursday – RE Rum for the cake I had some Spiced Rum in the cupboard left by someone I suspect as I don’t tend to drink it but otherwise I would personally use a dark rum over white rum for extra flavour
    @diana123 – great news on your successful FD
    @prina39 – welcome back – you were with us in early June last year 🤗
    @penz – here is the Torta Di Riso recipe I followed:-
    The Italians like to stud their Torta Di Riso with candied peel, bake it in a tin lined with crushed amaretti, and eat it cold. I sprinkle mine with nutmeg, and serve it warm, most frequently with a jewel-bright mixed berry compote
    OH happy to eat leftovers cold (very much recommended for breakfast he says) – We love it best eaten warm but then the cake is still quite tender, so I should caution you against trying to remove it from its base.
    150g arborio rice
    700ml full-fat milk
    ¼ tsp fine sea salt
    1 lemon
    75g soft, unsalted butter, plus more for greasing tin
    3 large eggs, at room temperature
    50g caster sugar
    2 tsp vanilla extract
    Whole Nutmeg, for grating

Put the rice, milk and salt into a heavy-based saucepan and finely grate the zest of the lemon into it. Over high heat, and stirring regularly, bring almost to boiling point, but not quite. Turn the heat down to low, and continue to cook for about 30 minutes, stirring every now and then, until the rice is cooked and the milk is absorbed. Keep an eye on it, as you don’t want the milk to start boiling, nor do you want the rice to stick to the bottom of the pan.
    Take the pan off the heat, and stir in the 75g of butter until melted. Scrape the contents of the pan into a bowl large enough to take all the remaining ingredients. Leave for about an hour to cool. Once it’s at room temperature, heat the oven to 160C (140C fan)/320F/gas mark 3, and butter a 20cm springform cake tin.
    Separate the eggs, letting the whites fall into a large grease-free bowl, and drop the yolks into a wide measuring jug (or a bowl). Whisk the whites until stiff, and set aside. Add the sugar to the yolks, and whisk until pale and moussey.
    Add the vanilla extract and two teaspoons of juice from the zested lemon to the yolks and sugar, and then pour gradually into the cooled rice, folding it in well as you go.
    Dollop a large spoonful of the stiffly whisked whites into the rice bowl and stir briskly to lighten the mixture, and then fold in a third of the remaining whites gently but thoroughly, then another third. Once that’s incorporated, fold in the rest. Pour and scrape this mixture gently into the prepared tin.
    Grate nutmeg over generously and bake for 45 minutes; by then the top will have set, with no hint of wobble underneath.
    Sit it on a wire rack for about about an hour, until it’s just slightly warm. To ease the unmoulding, slip a small spatula all around the edges, unclip the tin, and transfer the cake, still on its base, to a flat plate.
    Serve each slice with a little of the berry compote
    Takes a bit of time to do but not difficult – hope you and your OH enjoy it too!

Pocket list Day 14
    @at

ZBC
    @at

Exercise 30×5
    @at

DTF
    @northerndawn
    @at

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 14 (& 13) – NSW, Australia – MFD

Oops, I got distracted by other things last night and forgot to post, so here we go. Day 13- Had a pretty good day, broke my fast at 10 with a Nut Bar (they’re not bad even though not as healthy as other things) and lunch was the remainder of my Tomato and Capsicum soup with a wholemeal bread roll. Rooibos tea helped me through the fast and some water as well. Dinner was chilli con carne (microwave) and started fasting about 5:15pm… what can I say I’m an early dinner kinda gal.

Day 14 – Although I was supposed to finish my 16:8 at 9:15am I went through til 10:15 so a 17:7 really. Broke my fast with a Chicken Noodle Cup-A-Soup (less calories than the Nut Bars), they’re not too bad and filled in the gap until lunch which was a serving of instant ‘Moroccan Couscous’ and after going on a holiday to Morocco last year, definitely doesn’t taste anything like the tasty food I had there, but kept the belly happy til dinner. Had planned going to the gym but after a pretty crappy afternoon trying to get things to behave at work I just posted some customer parcels and went home. A tasty Butter Chicken for dinner and fasting started again at 5:30.

Thinking tomorrow as it’s my day off I might have some eggs on Rivita to break my fast instead of just pigging out on carrot sticks and hummus.

Day 14 – USA/GA – FD

Discouraging morning. 243 lb. weigh-in is more than 2 lb. gain over yesterday morning and the exact same weight I started out this month. Grrr.. OK, I have to remember that’s not fat, but water for that much weight increase in 24 hours. I do need to be more mindful on NFD, including increasing water intake on those days, too! I measured my waistline to prove to myself no more “inches” had been put on. Let’s calmly reset in reset October and move forward.

“I don’t understand it,” Wesley says. “Our ride should be here by now.” I, too, was feeling desperate. “I want to get out of here.” Lola eyes both of us puzzlingly. “Haven’t either of you heard that old saying, ‘A watched pot never boils?'” Wesley shakes his head, but I nod in response. “Well, basically, if you put a pot of water on the stove and sit over it, waiting for it to boil, it seems to take twice as long. But if you go away and do something else, it is boiling before you realize it. That’s the problem. If you’re overly anxious for something to happen, it’s going to feel like it is taking twice as long to get here. Like our Uber.” I ponder Lola’s words of wisdom. “I see, so if we get our minds off of the fact that the Uber is running late, and do something else, it will pull up?” Lola nods, “exactly!” Wesley cuts in, “and what do you precisely suggest we do, Lola?” Lola glares back at Wesley, “I don’t know! Talk, dance, sing.” I think. “99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall?” Wesley laughs. “I’m not singing that.” Lola pipes in, “what if we share our most embarrassing moments? I’ll start by sharing Wesley’s. One time, at Raffaello’s restaurant on Tanner Street, we…” “LOLA! NO!” Wesley shouted. Lola laughed. “Well, you suggest something, Wesley,” I say. “No. I’ll just wait over here.”

Adding myself to today’s pocket list. I saw a discouraging number this morning, but I’ll count it as an anomaly and work harder to stay within my TDEE on my NFDs while increasing my water intake tomorrow through Sunday. It will happen, but as Lola said, I can’t stand over the pot hoping for it to boil. Best wishes, all!

Pocket list Day 14
    @at
    @northgeorgia

ZBC
    @at
    @northgeorgia

Exercise 30×5
    @at

DTF
    @northerndawn
    @at

Day 14 North Canton OH CD

@Northgorgia I get how discouraging it can be when the scale does not shift as expected. But hang in there, as you well know weight loss is not linear; annoying blips will occur and as your inches measured proved, you haven’t gained-you are just holding onto a little water. The lack of progress on the scale is not a measure of your progress💝

It’s hump day, let’s put the hum in the day
    Pocket list Day 14
    @at
    @northgeorgia

ZBC
    @at
    @northgeorgia
    @basyjames

Exercise 30×5
    @at
    @basyjames

DTF
    @northerndawn
    @at
    @basyjames

Day 14 Wisconsin USA CD

Hello everyone,
    Official weight today is another pound down, to 158, although just barely. I’ll take it, but I know I have to be a little vigilant around bedtime, when I seem to be able to convince myself that I’ll sleep better if I have “a little something”.

I volunteer at our local library and today I’m going in for a few hours to collect books and other materials that have been placed on hold. Turns out I actually love this volunteer job, criss-crossing the library, bending, reaching, getting up and down from the floor, as I locate books, audio CDs and DVDs for patrons to pick up later. The library is closed for much of the time I’m there, so it’s mostly me and a librarian or two, all masked, which makes it a safer activity.

@prina39 welcome, you’ve come to the right place.
    @kazoo, stay and post. I can so identify with your challenges right now.
    @missybear I don’t know if it helps, but I always take your motto “together we are stronger” to heart and it helps me. Keep posting.
    @i-hate-lettuce love the chicken story. My neighbor has chickens (on a very small scale) which I sometimes care for and I can picture this with glee.
    @daffodil2010, enjoy that take out dinner!
    @emma-taylor good luck with OMAD today. I find OMAD challenging, but on the other hand if I can hold off eating longer I do better, so maybe I should try it more often.

Plan for Day 14:
    16:8, avoid sugar and processed foods
    Eat under my TDEE
    Continue walking and daily yoga (completed a short practice this morning)

Good luck today to everyone, whichever path you are on.

Day 14 USA (Illinois) FD

Jumping in to add myself to the pocket list. Silver Sneakers, meeting, then dental cleaning will keep me from eating today.

Pocket list Day 14
    @at
    @northgeorgia
    @songbirdme

ZBC
    @at
    @northgeorgia
    @basyjames
    @songbirdme

Exercise 30×5
    @at
    @basyjames

DTF
    @northerndawn
    @at
    @basyjames

Onward and downward.

USA. Day 14. FD

Just jumping in to post today, while waiting for the arrival of my grandson!!

Pocket list Day 14
    @at
    @northgeorgia
    @songbirdme
    @ccco

ZBC
    @at
    @northgeorgia
    @basyjames
    @songbirdme

Exercise 30×5
    @at
    @basyjames

DTF
    @northerndawn
    @at
    @basyjames

Have a great day, everyone! 🙂

Day 14, Emden Germany, CD

This will be a longer mail so feel free to skip it as it doesn’t have anything to do with fasting.

@i-hate-lettuce and @at and perhaps others: What do you do after you fed the cake? I put it in the freezer but I have the impression it gets a bit dry then. Is there is a better method to keep the cake moist and not dry despite adding a certain amount of liquid?

@prina39 I remember you from previous challenges. Welcome back!

@stitchincarol In the past I drowned the Christmas cake in Drambuie but one year I put way too much in and had to throw it away. We now take Grand Marnier or Cointreau and try not to overdo it.

@kazoo and @missybear Do stay here, better times will come if you don’t give up!

@bellalondon That’s a really good result!

@northgeorgia I understand your disappointment but you know that your weight will go down if you stick to your plan.

@daffodil2010, @at, @basyjames, @northerndawn, @stitchincarol and @penz Thank you all so much! Before the workers left yesterday, they thought it was a really good idea to start filling the flaws with silicone. The linoleum is a mid blue and the silicon they took was a dark purple blue. They didn’t tell us, we saw it when we went upstairs. We’ve never seen something so ugly. We never spoke about silicone, we didn’t have it before and we don’t want it. If you cut the linoleum well, you don’t need it. When they came in, we told them about all the flaws we found. One of them agreed, the other one told us, he had done a good job. He also said it can’t be done without silicone and even didn’t believe us as we showed him the before pictures. It was just terrible. They started to repair things for a few hours and then left. They wanted to come back tomorrow but we refused. My husband has to go to work tomorrow and I’m not willing to see them anymore. I don’t think there will be a satisfying solution, it’s nerv wracking and I want it to end.

I had my first video chat (I’m not sure it’s called so) with one of my Dutch friends this morning. We used WhatsApp and it worked really well. She was at her daughter’s house and had to overlook the workers there redoing the walls and put in a new wooden floor. I was so glad to hear and see that they don’t have any problems at all. We want them overhere! It was so good to see her and talk to her and not just to write mails or talk on the phone. We also saw that we both need a haircut.

Have a nice day everyone!

@snowflake56 – once the cake is baked, wrap it in cooking foil and then a bag, leave it in a cool place. Then once every 2 or 3 weeks, unwrap the cake and drizzle a tablespoon of rum on the cake. Re wrap and repeat 😉

@snowflake56 … If workmen problems continue…. forget the cake, drink the rum yourself …. tablespoon optional 🙂

2nd post

@i-hate-lettuce Thanks for your answer but what is cooking foil? Is it cling film or aluminium foil? Ha, the only rum we have in the house is a 54% one, it won’t take long for me to get drunk then! My husband found the solution for the stair risers:

https://www.etsy.com/de/listing/612304929/alte-bucher-bodenaufkleber-set-von-9?ref=search_recently_viewed-5

Day 14 – Rural Nebraska, USA – Fast5

Yesterday’s FD got me down to 149.4 this morning, so my breath of relief is huge after a weekend that felt quite out of control. Today will not be a low calorie day, however, as it’s DS’s 29th birthday dinner, so tomorrow’s FD will be needed!

@diana123 How lovely that you have a Wednesday tradition at the Italian restaurant; enjoy your meal tonight!

@markie99 Someday, I’d like to see Wisconsin in the fall; I’ll bet the colors are gorgeous!

@penz Perfect idea to make the Torta di Riso for your DH; he’ll be thrilled and you won’t be tempted!! 🤣

@kazoo I suspect every single one of us has been in your position; I know I certainly have. For me, it usually passes in a week, and then I keep eating because I figure, “why not?” Is there something you can do to break the cycle? Exercise more, for the motivation that tends to provide? (If you can make yourself, which is another thing.) Get out of the house and do something, anything, just so you’re nowhere near food?? Good luck, and we have your back!!! 💪💪💪

@daffodil2010 Between your takeout tonight and your camping by the lake this weekend both sound glorious; what wonderful ME treats you have to anticipate and enjoy!

@i-hate-lettuce Thanks! We have both white and gold rum, and since I don’t know rums at all, I had no basis on which to choose. Loved the story about the spilled spent grain, LOL! Have you ever made bread with it? I’ve only managed very heavy loaves with mine, but it was still quite tasty!

@emma-taylor This made me grin: “My OMAD plan was streeeeeeeeetched a bit yesterday, but I’m just going to pretend I planned it, and get back to it today.” That happens to all of us, and I love your practical response to it!

@missybear Aww, that makes me feel so honored that my self-email helped you. It sounds as if you’re doing a lot of things right to stay on track; be sure to keep checking in so we can give you responses and love and encouragement, okay? And, what if you were to write yourself your own email and read it every day??

@at You can bet I copied and printed off that torta recipe also! Thanks for posting. 😍 Years ago, five couples and we were in a “Gourmet Club.” We met every other month, and the host changed each time. The host was responsible for choosing the menu, choosing the specific recipes and assigning which couple made what, choosing and buy the beverages (usually wine), and setting the table (which took over an hour by itself, given all the silverware and stemware). Then we’d meet at the hosts’ house, either with food already prepared (like, for example, a desert can be) or with elements all prepared to be cooked during the evening. We’d generally meet at 6:30 and serve desert by around 10 or 10:30. We always washed up dishes before we left, and reported what our recipes had cost, and then the math-minded among us would figure out the cost per couple, and who paid what to whom so that it was evenly divided. Someday, dear @at, I want you to be in Nebraska, so you and DH can do a “Gourmet Club” with us! I’m sure we’d have a smashing good time!

@toady My DH and I do FDs together, and always do OMAD on them; even though supper is always at 6pm sharp, and has been since we married 31 years ago, we tend to eat as early as 5pm on FDs simply because we’re HUNGRY–and, in the winter, because we’re COLD and need the calories to warm up. So I completely get that your supper is so early, and I’m impressed that you’re maintaining discipline not to nibble after your supper! Well done!

@northgeorgia, I feel your disappointment, frustration and confusion. I think we’re all eager and excited for you to reach the 230s club! Aren’t you the one who posted the link to the WHOOSH effect? I’ll just bet that’s what happening here, and I’m cheering you on that a dramatic whoosh happens, and soon!

@basyjames How’s your college DD doing with her stress? Is the grounding pillowcase (or whatever it was you bought her) helping? Is she enjoying it more now?

@markie99 Congratulations on another pound down! Your library volunteer job sounds perfect; you’re helping and getting exercise at the same time! ✔

@songbirdme, those busy days are just perfect for accomplishing a FD, aren’t they? Have fun!

@ccco We miss when you were able to post more regularly, but sure understand how busy you are with a grandson to care for. Have a grand day with that little sweetie!

@snowflake56 Just wrap the cake in aluminum foil, shove the whole thing in a plastic bag, and leave it in a cool place. If you take yours out of the freezer now, it should be just fine; the alcohol is what preserves it making refrigeration or freezing unnecessary. Your linoleum floor sounds awful. It clearly needs redoing and probably by someone else. I don’t know what the answer is for you, but sure hope you find a satisfactory resolution. And how lovely that you got to see your friend as you talked! I chuckled when you said you both need haircuts!

Pocket list Day 14
    @at
    @northgeorgia
    @songbirdme
    @ccco

ZBC
    @at
    @northgeorgia
    @basyjames
    @songbirdme
    @stitchincarol

Exercise 30×5
    @at
    @basyjames
    @stitchincarol

DTF
    @northerndawn
    @at
    @basyjames

Whatever your day brings you, be kind to yourself. Treat yourself with love and understanding. If someone else were in your predicament, what would you say? Okay, now say that to yourself. We can do this! We can be the strong people that we know we are; we can make a promise to ourselves and keep that promise; we can behave so well today that we’re proud of ourselves when we go to bed.

I’ll be thinking of you all today, and cheering you on for success, whatever success looks like for you today!

@stitchincarol – I learned a lot about rum in Caribbean vacations. Probably the most on US Virgin Island St. Croix where they have quite the distillery – Cruzan Rum. https://www.cruzanrum.com/ We brought home a case of mixed variety of it from the airport only to have several bottles be broken, probably by the baggage handlers at O’Hare who were jealous. Who knows? I’m not that crazy about it, but DH loves his “Cuba Libre” (rum & Coke). The dark rum is quite strong, but the flavored ones are delicious.

Day 15, NFD, Aus

Anniversary for us, so defn not a FD! This weekend we’re trying one of those cook at home restaurant meals. It’s a three course French feast so it should be good. Is it bad, tho, to pair with Australian wine??

Hang in there, @kazoo. You and join me and @flourbaby as peanut butter spoon dippers. We’ve all done it. But perhaps stick a note on the fridge or a stick on the lid of the jar asking yourself if you REALLY want to do this?

Thanks for the Brad update, @EmmaTaylor!

“Scrumping”??? @Ihatelettuce?? You’re going to have to explain that one to me! Apple thievery?

Thank you so much for the recipe, @at. It looks delish!!

Day 14 MN/US NFD

Yesterday’s FD went well, although a bit over 600 cals. Exercise about 45 minutes, high heart rate, from variety of walk and rowing and housework. Much more activity, of course, but without the high heart rate. I may try another FD tomorrow.

Walked 5K plus, today, and 10,000 steps plus. I’m trying to keep under my BMR for calorie consumption, today, which is 1260 for my goal weight.

Sorry for the late check in….it is 6:37 pm my time. I’m going to have a vegetable meal, shortly, with a hard boiled egg, and then be done eating by 7-7:30 pm.

Best to everyone….I have not read posts today…. I shall tomorrow. I hope all is well for everyone on this forum. You have all become friends that I care for, truly.

Day 15, Emden Germany, FD

No workers for the next few days, my husband is at work so I have a whole day to myself. A perfect day for a bit of self care. My skin looks bad after a few days of too much of sugar so I have to take care of that.

@stitchincarol I hope your enjoyed your DS’s 29th birthday dinner last night. Thanks for the advice on the Christmas cake. I haven’t made it yet, I’m missing a few ingredients. I think the linoleum will go out eventually, it’s such a pity everything went so wrong.

@northerndawn You did have a busy day! I often forget to post when busy so for me it’s better to post early.

@penz Happy Anniversary! I think any wine would work. What are you planning to cook?

As I’m busy today, it seems a good day for a FD. I put everyone with fasting intentions on today’s list. I’m not sure if some of you have breakfast on your FD so I only have the ones I know of on the ZBC list.

Pocket list day 15
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @snowflake56

ZBC day 15
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn
    @snowflake56

Day 15 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Thanks @snowflake for putting me on the list, much appreciated. I rarely ever have breakfast during the week, even on an NFD so I could be part of ZBC too ☺️

Worked late last night so really enjoyed the take out dinner with wine (oops, hurled myself off the DTF list again), but ready to go again today. Like @northgeorgia I am on a bit of a plateau, can’t get into the 140 club….I am also waiting on that darn Uber 😀

@EmmaTaylor thanks for the Brad update. Really, is he seeing Jen? Now, sorry for you, but I would love if that were true 😆😆

More restrictions announced last night, but next weekend is my Dads 84th birthday and I don’t care, I am bringing him up to my house as I don’t want him spending his birthday in a big empty house with just my brother. The rest of the family can’t visit so I might organise a Zoom call where everyone wishes him Happy Birthday…(there are 7 of us kids dotted all around Ireland and one in the US)

I will need to get Zoom though! We use WhatsApp a lot but only on the phone, we can’t get it for the Mac.

Have a great FD all those fasting,it’s usually a busy FD day.

@flourbaby, shout out to you because you haven’t posted in a few days hope all ok m

Day 15 – Lake district UK – NFD

@penz – Re ‘scrumping’ – Doesn’t seem to go on much these days, but 50+ years ago as a lad, ‘raids’ were made on orchards. Usually a couple or three of us would go and ‘collect’ apples from various orchards around the area, go home with pockets full. One orchard I particularly remember as a lad was a few of the local catholic priests had accommodation with a very nice orchard to the side of the very large house. The number of times we were chased out of there and the language from the occupants was choice to say the least.

So my wanderings around the village doing the same nowadays isn’t quite the same when the people round are happy for me to help myself, although I’m not so sure I’d get over the walls just as easy nowadays, quite happy to walk through the gate. Mind you, there’s quite a long season as various varieties ripen, had some fantastic Russets this year, quite a few stored up.

@stitchincarol – Yes I have added spent grain to my bread, it’s really nice, just have to remember not to add too much, I had the same problem the first time, it was heavy!
    I think you asked about my Christmas beer, yes it’s brewed, I made a ruby coloured beer and simply add cloves, cinnamon sticks and nutmeg, just a hint of spice works nicely. The ruby colour is a combination of malt for a standard brew, with an addition of a little crystal malt and chocolate malt. Being slightly stronger needs plenty of time in the bottle to condition, I know some who brew their Christmas Ale in September so it’s at its best for Christmas.

Managed a really good walk yesterday, furthest for a while, so quite pleased, the leaves are changing quickly now as the temperatures drop, but the colours were spectacular in the sun. Bit dull this morning but still heading out soon.

Take care all

Day 15 – UK – Fast 800 – ZBC – 16:8

The last two days have been really good
    I feel like I’m back on track
    Iv been having a huel kale and blueberry smoothie at 12 noon, egg based brunch ie veggie omelette or smoked salmon with scrambled around 3, then quorn and veggies spag Bol around 7.
    Having it all simply planned out makes it’s so much easier.
    Tbh one of the few upsides of working from home every day at the moment and not really going out socialising in the evenings due to corona means I have the opportunity to control my food intake and eat home cooked food nearly all the time, it does feel like a unique chance to make real progress on weight loss and I want to make the most of it
    I did 30 mins running Tuesday and Wednesday which has given me a great boost and I feel the difference
    I can feel my body is happy and that I’m in weight loss mode
    A friend is coming for dinner this eve a rare occurrence right now, so I need to be careful but feeling good about being sensible

Thanks so much everyone for sharing your stories
    It really helps to realise we are all on a journey with ups and downs good days and bad
    But that if we just keep going we get there slowly

@markie and @at thanks for the reminder about small steps getting us there
    @stitchincarol thanks for your support and encouragement for me and everyone else here

I hope everyone has a great day keep taking small steps with decisions that feed your body mind and soul 🙂

Day 15 – UK – FD800

I’m not sure why I put yesterday as a FD as I very rarely do a Wednesday???? Anyhow I did do a FD800 and so decided to do another today which is my regular 2nd FD of the week.

Brilliant yoga class yesterday concentrate on legs/bum – felt it too!! Then went for a lovely 10km walk early afternoon and enjoyed the beautiful autumn scenery around us in sunshine although there was a cool breeze.

Then had to give the shower a good clean as I have the plumber coming this afternoon to sort out whatever the problem is as I can’t get the temperatures hot enough through the mixer taps……whilst he is here he can also fix the dripping tap in the kitchen……

Did my usual Thursday 7am Broga class with OH then did my regular Aerobics class at 9am so having a little rest whilst I catch up here

@northgeorgia – the weight gain is probably water from salty foods e.g. that pizza – I’m sure it will go down sooner than later
    @markie99 – a lb is a lb – small steps all add up
    @snowflake56 – don’t put the cake in the freezer!! after each feed with the rum make sure it’s well wrapped in baking parchment then aluminium foil – I use two layers of baking foil then put the whole thing in a cake tin with a tight fitting lid – and start the process all over every two/three weeks
    Sorry to hear about the issues with your linoleum 🤗 Hopefully they will accept their mistake and replace it properly for you 🤞
    @stitchincarol – how was DS birthday dinner? I used to do similar gourmet club with 3 other girlfriends (OHs not allowed!!) In our case the host cooked the main meal and the others fitted in around with canapés, starter and desert and each provided the wine for their course – Many a wonderful evening enjoyed – If I’m ever in Nebraska I’ll certainly get in touch!
    @penz – Happy Anniversary 🍾🥂 and no issues from me for pairing your French feast with some great Ausralian wines – Have a fab time
    @i-hate-lettuce – good to hear that you too got out for a good walk yesterday to enjoy our wonderful autumn scenery

Pocket list day 15
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @snowflake56
    @bellalondon FD800
    @at FD800

ZBC day 15
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @bellalondon
    @at

Exercise 30×5
    @daffodil2010
    @basyjames
    @at

DTF
    @northerndawn
    @at
    @basyjames

“Nothing is stronger than your own desire to succeed”

Day 15 – USA/GA – NFD

Just as Lola was about to pick out a song for us to sing out of key, a white Toyota Camry pulls up. The driver rolls down the window and shouts, “Wesley?” Overjoyed, Lola and I hurriedly pile into the backseat while Wesley enters and shuts the front door. “Sorry about the traffic. How was your night?” Lola responds, “exciting!” Wesley adds, “but we’re ready to head home.” The driver turns off the caution lights and the Camry pulls off into the street, and we begin heading south, the neon sign of The 240s Club disappearing in the rear view mirror.

My first attempt at a weigh-in was a little over 240. I waited a bit (let some more water out, lol) and came back. Rockin’ scales of course, but managed to get a constant 239.8! Whew, that psychological head trip is over! I know I’ll be back in the 240s tomorrow and over the weekend, but it should start pushing me firmly into the 230s for the end of the month. Fingers crossed!

Good luck to everyone on the pocket lists today!

Day 15 USA (Illinois) NFD

Yesterday’s FD was excellent, just over 200 calories. One FD a week is working for me to keep at maintenance. Only issue is more dental work looms. Very good overall health is wonderful, just teeth and gums are taking a beating. Will get a bridge next month and periodontal gum referral as well.

@northgeorgia – YEAH FOR YOU! ‼🍾 pop the champagne! You’re rocking this WOL

@i-hate-lettuce – your escapades in “scrumping” were delightful. I bet you were quite the raucous lad.

Off for an oil change and a massage in a bit.

Onward and downward.

Day 15 UK FD

Second fast of the week and whilst it’s going OK just don’t seem to get on top of things this week , sleeping well but having a real problem getting out of bed on a morning which seems to throw my whole day out of kilter Just going with the flow this week see if I can improve next …..

@penz Any combination of food/wine fine in my book
    @snowflake56 I feel your pain , it’s awful when people come into your home and mess thing up
    @northgeorgia Well done on the milestone 👏

Pocket list day 15
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @snowflake56
    @bellalondon FD800
    @at FD800
    @brightonbelle

ZBC day 15
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @bellalondon
    @at
    @brightonbelle

Exercise 30×5
    @daffodil2010
    @basyjames
    @at
    @brightonbelle

DTF
    @northerndawn
    @at
    @basyjames
    @brightonbelle

Day 15 North Canton OH CD

The hot flashes were particularly brutal last night 😥 lord have mercy

@stitchincarol DD’s anxiety is way less, she is more composed now and she said she felt a difference the first night she used them. OH is definitely sleeping better and waking rested, he is out like a light when his head hits the pillow. Talking one minute and dead asleep the next, he has also stopped snoring. Even though my flashes occasionally breakthrough, I really think they are helping me too with my symptoms; I have had many good nights, and even the bad ones are bearable.

I would like to waterfast but I don’t think I am in a good place to do it, so TRE is where I am hanging at right now.

Enjoy your day and stay hopeful

Day 15 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD

29 years ago this morning, I was in the hospital with a brilliant smile from ear to ear, holding my not-yet-12-hours old firstborn child, a son, beginning the joyful (and challenging, and frustrating, but oh well) years of raising children. And last night was a delightful celebration of that landmark evening. For an appetizer, we opened a jar of my Mango Pineapple Salsa, and sliced up some Genoa Salami, Hot Sopressata, and Pepper Salami. We also opened up the two kinds of IPA (Mosaic and Hazey) we bottled in late September, and enjoyed them. Then for dinner, from “ad hoc at home,” we had Braised Pork Belly (which DS24 had made at his home the day before and just heated up last night, as directed), Caramelized Sea Scallops, and Butter-Braised Radishes, Kohrabi, and Brussels Sprouts. Except DS24 wanted to substitute beets for the Brussels Sprouts, so everything turned red, LOL. It tasted lovely, so we were all pleased with the veggie dish. To plate it, DS24 made two sauces, one from leeks and one from chicken broth (the specific name of which I know, but I’ve gone blank on), spread a stripe of them on the plate, and that’s where he placed the scallops and the squares of pork belly, respectively, with a crisp leek garnish over the top. It was beautiful, and it was swoon-worthy. To go with it, we had the Coppola Claret; not an expensive wine, but lovely. For his birthday cake, DS29 had asked for a blackberry cobbler instead of cake, and it was wonderful, but nowhere near the swoon-worthiness of the dinner plate food. Such a lovely meal, and such a lovely evening.

And I was 152.2 when I went to bed, so I was relieved the damage wasn’t too bad. Until I got up this morning, and was still 152.2. I stared, I glared, I got off and back on. 152.2 GRRR. I can’t figure out how that even works, given how much “water I let out,” as @northgeorgia phrases it, LOL, but today’s FD should take care of at least some of it–at least, I certainly HOPE so!

@songbirdme, that was fun to look around the Cruzan website a bit; they make a huge variety of flavored rums! How disappointed you and DH must have been to have some of the bottles broken! And a 200-calorie FD? Wow! You are rocking this maintenance thing.

@penz Happy Anniversary! I hope your meal was absolutely perfect, and I’m sure your Australian wine did it justice. 🍷

@northerndawn, you sound strong and disciplined in your report of yesterday; well done.

@snowflake56 It is indeed a pity that everything went so wrong with your linoleum, and I think anticipating that it will go will bring you the most satisfaction; you’ll be irritated every time you look at it as it is now…more’s the pity. Enjoy your ME day today!

@daffodil2010 So sorry to hear about more restrictions, but I think your decision to bring your dad to you is a perfect solution; he’ll enjoy the change, and you’ll enjoy his company.

@i-hate-lettuce I love hearing about the things you cook, brew, bake, and grow. Your Christmas beer sounds lovely. The two IPAs we had last night were lovely, but they too will benefit from more time in the bottle. I had thought we’d be able to brew more this Sunday, but something has come up, so it’ll be awhile. Oh well, eh?

@bellalondon It’s lovely to read your very sensible plan, and hear the strength and discipline in your words; have fun tonight with your friend!

@at I hope the plumber is able to sort out the problems you’re having. We had the same problem with not-hot-enough water and were basically told it was a figment of our imagination. As if. When the bathroom was remodeled, brand new tub (actually, a refinished antique claw foot tub) and new plumbing pipes, the issue is now resolved. Hmph. A figment of our imagination, indeed! (It’s a hot spot with me, LOL, if you hadn’t noticed; hence, the deep sympathy.)

@northgeorgia YAYYYY!!!! Thrilled for you! 💖💪🎈👏

@brightonbelle You’re persevering, and fasting, and posting, and that’s more than half the battle; celebrate and praise yourself!

@basyjames You have my sympathies on the hot flashes; I had–and have–some, but nothing brutal, never covered in sweat, so I truly sympathize with those who have more dramatic experiences. How lovely that DD and DH both are so helped with the grounding options. I sent home my pillowcase (which didn’t seem to make a single difference for me) with DS29 last night, and am eager to hear if it helped him sleep better or not.

Pocket list day 15
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @snowflake56
    @bellalondon FD800
    @at FD800
    @brightonbelle

ZBC day 15
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @bellalondon
    @at
    @brightonbelle

Exercise 30×5
    @daffodil2010
    @basyjames
    @at
    @brightonbelle
    @stitchincarol

DTF
    @northerndawn
    @at
    @basyjames
    @brightonbelle

Thursday’s Thought: In the novel I’m reading, a sentence jumped off the page at me last night: “Don’t believe everything you think.” Immediately, I thought of so many of us on this forum, where we feel regret and self-recriminations and guilt and all sorts of negative feelings. How can you apply those five words to yourself, and adjust what you believe so that you’re kinder to yourself? Remember when I asked whether you did better with shame or encouragement? Not a single one of you said shame was motivating to you. So, let’s all work on eliminating the shame from our thoughts, and learn to praise ourselves for whatever is going well on this 5:2 journey. Can’t find anything to praise? Try harder.

💞❣💖🧡

Day 15 Wisconsin USA OMAD
    Hi everyone,
    House cleaning is our main activity this morning, and in the afternoon we will be attending a film festival (virtually, of course). Our 10-day Milwaukee Film Festival is a favorite of ours and most years find us watching a film at one of four or five theaters almost every day. This year we purchased a “season pass” and will be watching at home via Roku on our TV. No lines, no sold out films, no driving across town. Still, we will miss the theater experience, the applause and the excitement of being able to see films in a large group of people.

@snowflake56, great idea to do some self-care.
    @daffodil2010, I remember when we had never heard of zoom and now we use it often.
    @i-hate-lettuce, glad your apple-raiding days are over. Sound like you learned some colorful language, though.
    @bellalondon, congratulation on your success!
    @at, your yoga class sounds great. The (online) class I’m doing later focuses on hips and legs as well.
    @northgeorgia, happy you got to club 230, even if only for a brief visit this time.
    @stitchincarol, I love the thoughts you post for us to ponder. In my yoga classes, I sometimes ask my participants to think of something they love about themselves. Often they tell me later that request almost brings them to tears. I think that says a lot about our self-talk.

Plan for Day 15:
    OMAD
    Continue walking and daily yoga

Take care everyone.

Day 15 Minnesota, US. FD

@snowflake56. Thanks for putting me on the lists. i’m glad you enjoyed your video chat with your friend. You deserve some enjoyable time.
    @northgeorgia Congrats!
    @stitchincarol I’m glad you enjoyed your time with DS. And you are so right in that if only we could speak as kindly and encouragingly to ourselves as to our friends/loved ones, who knows what we could really accomplish in life!
    @songbirdme What a great FD! This is why you maintain so well!
    @i-hate-lettuce My sisters and I did our fair share of scrumping apples in our neighborhood as children. I don’t think most people minded, but one old lady (younger than I am now, 😂), was quite scary……I think we felt it was more thrilling when we took some of her apples!

See you all tomorrow!

Day 16, NFD, Aus

Great news @northgeorgia!

Day 15 – country NSW, Australia – NFD

Let myself have a non fasting day today. After my fast finished at 9:30 I had some carrot sticks and hummus (probably way too much hummus), snacked on a couple of bars throughout the day & dinner was a noodle bowl. Still under the 1500 calorie mark by my calculations but back to the usual tomorrow, for some reason I tend to control myself better when I’m at work, probably cause I’m busy. Hopefully gym tomorrow too

Day 16 – Japan – WFD #82

So far going very well.

Day 16 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Woke to sad news that my Aunt, my mothers sister, passed last night in hospital from Covid 😔 Her family had been allowed in to see her but only in full HazMat gear, how awful for everyone. Feeling quite a bit sad and somber….this is the closest that Covid has got to me and my family and I am struggling to remain calm with this crazy world 😟

But I must, and I will.

I really enjoyed your scrumping tales @i-hate-lettuce, there was a lot of that going on when I was younger too, and the thrill was being chased by the orchard owners!

@northgeorgia Yay for leaving Club 240

Have a good Friday all.

D16 UK Lake District

Still here just reading not posting. Got too much going on in my head.

I am thinking about you all.

Let see what today brings.

Happy Friday.

Day 16 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

After my comments about ‘scrumping’ seems I’m not alone here, back in the 1960’s it was certainly a regular thing that kids did, the posts from others almost a confessional 😉

@songbirdme – A ‘raucous lad’ that was being polite, we were a bit of a bunch, but never actually in trouble though, apart from the odd clip round the ear! The other thing that springs to mind was virtually all of us lads had pockets full of all sorts of things. We certainly all carried a penknife, several bits of string or a bit of wire, various bits of fishing tackle (some line, hooks and weights, penknife to cut a stick for a rod) a book of matches, we didn’t smoke, but needed to light a fire to dry things out if someone either fell in the beck or caught a nice trout!

Odd week, day 14, nice long walk, felt good. Day 15, no energy fell asleep in the chair for over an hour, not like me at all! However, next week is the big push. After all the preparation, treatment starts, six weeks of radiotherapy and chemotherapy, plus all the travelling, glad we get weekends off!

@basyjames – Water fasting, not for me either, tried it and the noise from the ‘inner warthog’ slashing around in a swimming pool were quite funny, but just didn’t work for me.

Take care all

Day 16 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 239.6 lbs

Hmm, that’s a good sign!

As we slouch back into the relative comfort and quietness of the car, a quiet befalls us. Watching the buildings whiz by with the hum of the engine as our soundtrack made us very sleepy. No one said a word. Just a few sighs and a cough or two from a dry throat are the extent of the vocalizations made. Fifteen minutes later, we have entered the oasis of our six three-story building apartment complex. We pull in front of building C. Wes adds a tip on his phone and says, “thanks so much!” as we pop out, slightly slouched with exhaustion, and walk onto the sidewalk leading into the building. “I’ll give you all a call around lunchtime,” I say. Wesley nods. “OK, sounds good.” We walk Lola to her apartment door on the 2nd floor. “Good night, fellows! Can’t wait for the fun times ahead this week!” she says as she closes and locks her door. Wesley and I continue up to the third floor. “See you in the … err, afternoon! Can’t believe the sun is coming up in a couple of hours.” Wesley shuts the door to his place as I walk down a couple of doors to my home. I unlock the door, shut it behind me and flip on the light switch. I kick off my shoes and grab a quick drink of water from a glass by the kitchen sink. Sighing, I walk into the bedroom and sit on the corner of the bed. I toss my keys into nightstand and collapse backwards onto my pillow, staring at the ceiling fan suspended above me. I lose track of time as I close my eyes.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Day 16, Emden Germany, NFD

I’m a bit late today. We had dance class at 8:30 am and then had a bit of shopping to do. We met some lovely former patients and had a long, long chat. Next time we’ll go to the coffee corner to sit down while catching up.

@northgeorgia Congratulations, you did it!

@daffodil2010 My sincere condolences for the loss of your aunt. Oh yes, bring your Dad to your house on his birthday and Zoom with your siblings.

@daffodil2010 and @northerndawn I only just found out how to use WhatsApp, that was easy. We want to try out Zoom or Skype next as that we can do on my laptop. I don’t have/want a cell phone.

@basyjames Have you noticed more/less hot flashes depending on what you ate? I never had them but when I eat too much sugar, I tend to sweat at night.

@markie99 I’m not that good at selfcare. I plan to change that, in winter my skin gets dry and itches. I had planned to do my face but only had a scrub cream. After shopping this morning, I’m well prepeared for my next skin/body care day, I even bought a tinted face cream and a new body lotion. I’m mostly too impatient to use body lotion after showering, it takes so long to dry.

@kazoo If you don’t feel like posting, just read and try to stick to your plans.

@at Thanks for your advice, we bought all the missing ingredients today and I plan to make the cake on Sunday. I hope the plumber found the cause of your plumbing issues. I know exactly what @stitchincarol means by “A figment of our imagination”! If they don’t know what it is, it must be that.

@stitchincarol Thanks for your lovely post!

@brightonbelle, @at and @stitchincarol We doubt the workers will accept their mistake, we have no idea how to go on but I guess we will hear fro them next week.

@northerndawn and @daffodil2010 You’re welcome. I do better when I’m on some list and have company.

Pocket list day 16
    @dykask WFD

ZBC day 16
    @daffodil2010
    @northendawn
    @at
    @snowflake56

Exercise day 16 30×5
    @snowflake56 💃

Day 16 Wisconsin USA OMAD

Hello, Quick check in on this busy day. Have been active in voter registration in our area and now working to promote early voting which starts in a few days. Challenging to do this safely. Much of it is phone banking and some safe face-to-face and masked outdoor events.

Met my exercise and yoga goals yesterday but a little short of OMAD, so trying again today.

Plan for Day 16:
    OMAD, avoid sugar and processed foods.
    Continue walking and daily yoga.

Hope everyone has a successful day. Take care.

Pocket list day 16
    @dykask WFD

ZBC day 16
    @daffodil2010
    @northendawn
    @at
    @snowflake56
    @markie99

Exercise day 16 30×5
    @snowflake56 💃
    @markie99

Day 16 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD

On an abrupt impulse last night, DH and I abandoned our FD and went to a restaurant I’ve been wanting to patronize for a LONG time. Long story, but we saw some people that it was really good we were able to visit with briefly on our way out, and I’m glad we went. So TODAY will be the FD, and hopefully with more success than yesterday, LOL! I also bake the Christmas Cake today (prepped the fruit on Wednesday) and make my final batch of salsa, a Green Tomato and Peach Salsa. That kind of cooking makes it way harder to fast, but I keep assuring myself I’m a disciplined woman with steely self control. I’m finding myself astonished at such a description, but I’ll do my best to live up to it. 🤣😂😁🤣

@markie99 Your film festival sounds delightful! What films are on the list for you this year?

@northerndawn I really grinned at “one old lady, younger than I am now.” Ain’t that the truth of it, that our younger selves have no idea how young the 60s and 70s (and presumably, the 80s, LOLOLOL!) are!

@toady I love how, even when you’re allowing yourself a NFD, you still eat with restraint–at least it sounded like restraint as you described it. I imagine the weight is sliding right off you!

@dykask Good luck with an easy-peasy WFD!

Aww, @daffodil2010, I’m so very sorry about the passing of your aunt. Virtual hugs to you and your entire family.

@kazoo Good to hear from you, and so wonderful to have you check in. I’ll keep you in my thoughts today, and hope that you have an excellent day.

@i-hate-lettuce Loved your description of what was in your pockets as a child; sounds like a storybook list! Have a lovely few days as you mentally (and physically??) prepare for the treatments that begin next week!

@northgeorgia Two days in a row? You’ve clearly arrived to stay, and I’m thrilled for you! I’m looking forward to reading about Lola, Wesley, and you heading off this afternoon!

@snowflake56, love reading all your chatter. Just a note: you do remember, don’t you, that the cake baking happens over two days? One to prep your fruit and soak it in rum and then mix it up and bake it 24-48 hours later?

It’s time now to walk with Leslie, while the house is still quite cool, and then I’ll turn up the furnace and get to work. Have a grand day, everyone!

“It’s going to be hard, but hard is not impossible.”

Day 16 Melb Aust TDEE

Finally over the “eatathon” for my birthday and ready to focus back on 5:2. Will hope to end the month at least a little down on the start.

@northgeorgia, yay for the 230s, enjoying Lola, Wesley and your adventures. Will they cease now the 230s have arrived?

Good to see how well everyone seems to be doing. Looking forward to joining you all for the rest of the month! 🙂

Onward and downwards!

Day 16 UK

Late posting and still on the step above the landing.
    Out with the girls this evening for a pizza so no hope there.
    Let’s hope for a concerted effort on Monday. Change that …not hope just do it.

Have a good weekend everyone.

TTFN

Day 16 Minnesota, US FD

Yesterday’s FD did not go well…..When I eat at noon or before 2 pm, I often struggle a couple hours later with my appetite and then overeat at supper, or snack a bit after. I was just quite hungry yesterday, for some reason. I kept to proteins and some fats, so I think I will have a good FD today……I need one, as I am up a pound, and I don’t think that is just water weight. I haven’t been as diligent as I should be about keeping track of calories and serving sizes, so it’s time to put in the effort for the next two weeks if I want to see some progress by November.

Dry until Saturday….We are having the family cookout tomorrow afternoon as the temperature will be in the mid 50’s (12.8 C). The rest of the week much cooler with possible rain, and breezy.

@stitchincarol You asked how we will manage family cookouts as the weather turns to winter……well, we bought a large propane patio heater…..the tall round ones that you see on restaurant patios. We will try it out tomorrow and see where the best placement will be, and what kind of additional shelter we can set up to protect from wind, etc. Part of the patio is covered, so that will help us stay out of the rain or snow. We also have a woodburning fire pit close by. Hopefully, we won’t set anything on fire, lol. It is a southern exposure which gets very warm when the sun is shining, so that will help. If we get too cold, even covered with blankets, sipping our hot chocolate/drinks, we will just go into the family room and warm up a bit at the fireplace (the patio is off the walkout basement), where there is room for distancing, more or less, and we will have masks on. There will be a learning curve, to be sure. But, where there is a will, there is a way, and I don’t know how I’ll survive the winter, psychologically, if I can’t spend time with my little granddaughters and DD and DSIL occasionally!

@daffodil2010. I’m so sorry to hear of your Aunt’s passing. I’m afraid more and more people will now be personally touched by this virus, since it has not yet even affected 10% of the population; but it will, eventually. That’s difficult for people to understand, at this point, because it really has been contained better than Flu or cold’s or what have you, so far. And we’ve heard about it for so long (it seems). We have months of fighting it to come. Enjoy your time with your Dad and I hope your whole family can get together on Zoom…..It’ll be wonderful for you all!

@kazoo I’m glad you are still with us. You’ll get back into the swing of things when the time is right.

@betsylee and @annabelle48 I am with you in resetting to end the month with a “loss”. Sending you some mojo!

@i-hate-lettuce Have a good weekend and do the things that bring relaxation and make you happy. Good luck for the weeks ahead.

Pocket list day 16
    @dykask WFD
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn

ZBC day 16
    @daffodil2010
    @northerndawn
    @at
    @snowflake56
    @markie99
    @stitchincarol

Exercise day 16 30×5
    @snowflake56 💃
    @markie99
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn

DTS
    @northerndawn

Day 16 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

It has been a better week, not brilliant but an improvement. I managed 2 x FD800, went for a daily walk and stayed DTF. Probably not enough to lose the weight I have recently gained but hopefully it should be action enough to stop the upwards creep and for now I will be content with that. Now the challenge will be not to descend into an EFS weekend 🤞

Stay safe everyone.

Day 16. Athens. OMAD

Home to London tomorrow. It’s very worrying that everybody I speak to says stay away as long as you can. Yikes. I think we may try to come away again before Christmas.
    One thing I’ve noticed since I’ve been doing OMAD – I had a tiny bit of cellulite ( that’s a lie – I had loads…) on my legs but it seems to have nearly gone!!! Wha…..!!!! I know that people who lose a lot of weight by fasting don’t seem to have the folds of surplus skin that some people get when they lose a lot of weight, but I thought the cellulite was here to stay. Huge bonus.
    On the subject of self talk, and how we run ourselves down, I remember posting a link to a YouTube video where a sweet girl doing intermittent fasting said that she tried to say something nice to herself in the mirror every day, and as she liked her eyes, she said that. She said ‘it works, it really works’ , and I thought she was so convincing that I try to do the same. It really makes a difference. No point hating ourselves….😳😳😳😳😳

Day 16 – second post

@betsylee Happy Birthday! 🎈🎁🎂🍷🍺🍹 (Not sure if you’re a wine or beer or cocktail girl so had to include all!) If it was an eatathon, it must have been a delightful celebration–at least, I hope so!

@annabelle48 Pizza with girlfriends sounds lovely, so when the scales are up because of the sodium, just scoff at them and order them to quit harassing you, okay? 😁 Then on Monday, you can make your concerted effort!

@northerndawn, your propane patio heater sounds like a perfect solution for much of the year, and I don’t blame you a bit for wanting and needing to have family time. Have fun tomorrow!

@missybear I find that when I skip any alcohol during the week, I not only find it far easier to eat moderately, but I also lose weight more quickly, so if your body is at all similar, I’ll bet this week is giving you great results.

@emma-taylor Truly?? You’ve lost CELLULITE????? That’s amazing. That’s wonderful. That’s getting my attention, LOL! Congratulations! And I remember that video of that gal, doing the Fast5 if I remember correctly, and that’s a perfect example of being kind to ourselves; thanks for the reminder.

Had a zoom call this morning with my three sisters, and got the Tropical Christmas Cake in the oven. Now I’m taking a small laptop break, then I’ll go back to the kitchen and start in on the salsa. I may need to do a short Leslie walk to remind me of my discipline so I don’t start snacking while I’m working on that salsa!

DAY 16 – UK – CD

Late check in today but happy to report that I did manage another good FD800 yesterday and today was a CD – so a good controlled and alcohol free week. Let us hope that I manage to do TDEE days whilst enjoying some wine over the weekend and not undo the good work of this week!!!!

@markie99 – Another great yoga class again this morning, some variations from Wednesday but still concentrating on legs and glutes!! The teacher is my regular one who I used to do face to face 2 classes per week and now do zoom ones until we can resume live ones…….

Then met up with a good friend for an outdoor coffee and a chat – she is going through a difficult time – her younger sister is terminally ill with cancer – life can be so unfair!!

@stitchincarol – your meal for DS birthday sounds absolutely 😋 and great to hear that you all had a fab time! Unfortunately the plumber could not sort out all the issues as he has to order a part for the shower so another visit will required – he did manage to flood my shower room and totally drench himself in the process……..luckily we managed to mop up the water without any damage from water leaking through to the ceiling below!!!!
    @daffodil2010 – sorry to hear about your aunt – sad times with Covid making grieving so much harder 🤗
    @kazoo – I’m holding on tight to you until your mojo returns – Together We Are Stronger!!
    @i-hate-lettuce – I have been enjoying your reminiscing and your pocket contents as a child was amazing!! Have a fab relaxing weekend – enjoy good food and some walks before the treatment starts in earnest next week – sending all positive thoughts and strength to you and Mrs IHL 🤗
    @northgeorgia – told you that 239’s were yours 👍
    @emma-taylor – safe travels back tomorrow – sadly ‘m sure that you have heard that London is going into Tier 2 this weekend 😔
    @betsylee – Birthdays are to be enjoyed so glad you enjoyed yours and now you can press your RESET button and finish the challenge on a high

Pocket list day 16
    @dykask WFD
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn

ZBC day 16
    @daffodil2010
    @northerndawn
    @at
    @snowflake56
    @markie99
    @stitchincarol

Exercise day 16 30×5
    @snowflake56 💃
    @markie99
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn
    @at

DTS
    @northerndawn
    @at

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 16 – Country NSW, Australia – MFD

Well I managed to keep below the 800 today. Broke fast with a soup, had the 2nd serve of couscous for lunch and a satay chicken for dinner. Didn’t get to the gym because I ended up having to get a tooth extracted at the dentist and didn’t exactly feel like exercising while still having to bite down on a square of gauze… so I bought myself some plants instead.

Shorter fasting day (14:10) planned for tomorrow

Day 16 USA (Illinois) NFD

Just finally getting to some posts. Today was a fairly busy day baking some apple cinnamon muffins. Also a trip to the orchard for more apples to make another batch of applesauce. DH promised to help peel this time.

@daffodil2010 – so sorry to hear that COVID has claimed your aunt. I am sure this must be a hard time for all your family. Sending you so many hugs and prayers for comfort. 🙏🤝

@i-hate-lettuce – your description of the boys in your gang made my mind go directly to the old nursery rhyme “What Are Little Boys Made Of?” I can see you with “frogs and snails, and puppy dog tails” for sure. Hope your weekend has gone well.

@northerndawn – do let us know how you appreciate your patio heater. We in northern Illinois wonder about them.

Onward and downward.

Day 17 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Quick call in, one of our charity fundraising events this morning so got to go and set up! Then the rest of the weekend is feet up time.

@songbirdme@at@stitchincarol – We were very lucky as kids, didn’t have a lot, but we lived on the edge of town, the corner shop was a small dairy. The owners son was a good mate and his grandad had a farm about 3 miles away, so we were there all the time. Helping with calving and lambing, feeding pigs, we loved it.
    I learned to drive an old Fergie Mk10 tractor when I was 10 and was a good shot with a small 20 bore shotgun when we went round the hen huts collecting eggs and shooting the rats that were chased out from under the huts by the terrier!
    Feel sorry for kids today, the vast majority will not see anything like our childhood.

Take care all

D17 UK Lake District

Still hovering. Taking baby steps.

Day 17 – UK – TDEE

Early start to go do the big food shop before it got busy – back home and after unpacking and putting things away – baked a batch of apricot and preserved ginger spelt scones for OH who is currently out doing a long fell run 🏃

So now enjoying a cup of tea whilst I log on to the forum for a quick check in

@stitchincarol – must have been lovely doing a zoom call with your 3 sisters and it reminded me to catch up with mine in Australia tomorrow ❤️
    @i-hate-lettuce – you have got a few of us baking that Tropical Christmas cake this year!!!! our patience in feeding that cake until Christmas will be rewarded 😋😋 I agree our childhood was so different from our children’s – I too spent mine playing outside most of the time, climbing trees and collecting nature’s gifts – I have to admit to being a real tom-boy!!
    @toady – hopefully the tooth extraction was relatively painless….
    @kazoo – stay hovering with us – try to have a control weekend with me 🤗

Dinner is a Eye Fillet steak and mixed green vegetables for me with Sea Bass fillets for OH and also planning on making an Apple and mixed berry crumble for dessert- OH will be happy!!! I have a nice bottle of South African Pinotage to accompany that steak – making me think of @funshipfreddie – hopefully he is lurking around keeping tabs on us!!

Have a good weekend everyone – overcast here but dry so no complaints from me!

“Every day may not be good………but there’s something good in every day”

Day 17 – Japan – NFD

My water fast went pretty well but these days my schedule is messed up, so the fast was only about 35 hours. I have a son in college that is attending classes all night long at his University 11 time zones away.

Today my stomach is full and I still want to eat. A couple years ago I didn’t fell that way. On the other hand, I’m eating less than I used too.

I see some have a goal of eating 1000 fewer calories than they burn everyday. That is far too difficult for me. With the water fasting I’m eating about 400 calories less per day than I used too averaged out over a week. Sometimes less if I fast more, which isn’t often. I think over time my body has adjusted to that. Partly I weight less but I’m sure there are more factors. I’m starting to push a bit more on controlling my eating, but controlling eating is a lot harder than just not eating at all for me. (I realize many people aren’t like that.)

Anyway getting back to fasting. 30+ hours is a cakewalk most of the time for me. That second day though gets hard and that is why I don’t often do it. By day 3, the hunger tends to die down and it get easier.

Day 17 London, UK, NFD,

Just a quick check-in from me, I haven’t kept up with this month’s challenge, still dealing with the roof from hell!!!!

I’m hoping to rent a flat for a few month’s whilst the repairs are completed, but I’m still in the hotel, built in 1854 with WiFi from the same era!!!!!

Continuing with TRE usually OMAD rather than ‘proper’ 5:2 FDs, but it’ll have to do for the time being.

I hope everyone is well, @i-hate-lettuce still keeping you in my thoughts!!!! I’ll catch-up on the ‘goss’ as soon as things settle down!!

Take care all & keep the faith!!!!!

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 509 total)

You must be logged in to reply.