October 2020 Monthly Challenge — RESET OCTOBER

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
October 2020 Monthly Challenge — RESET OCTOBER

This topic contains 503 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  NorthGeorgia 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 509 total)

• Day 17 – Rural Nebraska, USA – Fast5

Okay, all of my mojo from last month and the beginning of this month seems to have simply evaporated. Yesterday’s FD to make up for the lack of a FD on Thursday? Also a bust. sigh. My plan for today is to go back to my usual Fast5, eat with whatever restraint I can muster, and prepare myself mentally for a complete return to excellent behavior with Monday’s FD. I even tried promising myself yesterday, and THAT was a complete bust. I did think, however, when I went to bed, about whether or not I was proud of myself (remember that post?) and I wasn’t, and I was truly regretful not to be proud of myself. Perhaps keeping that in the front of my mind all day will be the key to behaving today.

@at Such a bummer the plumber couldn’t fix your shower until he gets a part–and then to drench himself and flood the bathroom? So glad it wasn’t a disaster but simply a quickly cleaned up mess! (I was guessing that, even as it was irritating to him and you, it was also a bit humorous that he was drenched??) As to the zoom call: we started doing this back in April or May, and have been doing it weekly ever since. It’s been so lovely to be more connected with each other for the first time ever, really. There’s a 16 year difference between the eldest and me, the youngest. Two live in California, I’m in the middle of the country in Nebraska, and the fourth is on the east coast in Pennsylvania, and we’re all together only every other Christmas when DH and I and the kids go to California for a big gathering (and this year is when we go again). So there’s an upside to Covid (we have to search, don’t we?): Zoom became such a big thing that it occurred to my sisters and me to do it; I recommend it highly for families to do!

@toady My sympathies on the unexpected tooth extraction! Are you going to have a crown or bridge or something, or simply live with the empty space? That couldn’t have been a fun experience. Any residual pain today?

@songbirdme Your apple baking and cooking sounds like a perfect fall weather activity. How many apples will you be peeling and cooking for applesauce this second time?

@i-hate-lettuce Another terrific description of your childhood, and you’re right that so many children today don’t have such a childhood. Here in the Midwest, there are lots of farm kids who DO have such a childhood, however. I’ve had many a dinner party discussion of how to raise farm kids without a farm; the most telling detail of a farm kid’s childhood is that, when they’re given responsibility for feeding the chickens, for example, it’s a life-and-death thing: if they don’t feed the chickens, the chickens die. It’s hard to build in that kind of reality to mowing the lawn of a house in town, you know? So we all do our best as parents, and envy those who grow up on a farm, or in a small enough town to get a similar experience.

@kazoo So glad you’re still posting–hovering. Let’s you and I hover together today, shall we? Set a manageable goal and strive to achieve it? Here, grab my hand and let’s go!

@dykask Next time I feel sorry for myself that DD and her family are 10 hours away in the next time zone, I’ll think of you with a son ELEVEN time zones away. That cannot be easy! One of the things I’ve read is that, when our bodies get used to a certain level of calories and we quit losing weight, we can suddenly have a planned feast day (of healthy foods, of course, not cakes and donuts); have you tried that to break the weight-loss stall? (And I hope I’m correct in thinking that’s what you were saying is your frustration.)

@flourbaby So lovely to hear from you, and I’m so sorry your life is at sixes and sevens! Good luck with sorting out all the roof problems!

Time to head off to Omaha to teach piano and run errands. Have a terrific day, everyone!

Day 17 – USA/GA – NFD

Saturday weigh-in: 239 lbs!

Discouragement has turned into motivation. Yep, still expect to see ol’ 240 something by Monday, but the plateau does have a slight incline downwards, so yay!

I open my eyes and am surprised to see, not the morning light, but the piercing midday sun beaming through my bedroom window. I breathe deeply and stretch, but feel an unusual tightness about my chest, legs, and waist. I look down at my body. Oh no. I was still wearing my club clothes from last night. I glance at the clock on the nightstand. 11:30 a.m. I think to myself that I must have basically hit the bed when I came in, fell asleep instantly, and snoozed all morning. I sit up in the bed, trying to focus. It’s Saturday morning. I need to shower, shave, and… pack! That’s right. Today’s the day we leave out for the 230s Overlook! A sudden rush of adrenaline floods my veins as I stumble out of bed and start rummaging for a duffel bag. We plan to stay overnight, maybe even two, if there’s something available. That’s the trouble about impromptu trips, my left brain mulls; no reservations and you’re at the mercy of fate. I don’t worry about that now. I need to see if there is some bug repellent in the cabinet. Oh, and sunscreen! I forget how the wind and bright sun can be deceptive when walking on the trail. I wonder if I have any bottled water left? My gross clothes remind me to hit the shower first and then I can finish packing.

Glad to hear FDs are going well for most of us! We’re halfway through the month!

@daffodil2010 I am saddened to hear about your aunt. You’re in my thoughts.

@emma-taylor Hope you had a safe journey home. Glad you got to enjoy your travels.

@at I hope everything dries out at home after the plumbing incident!

@stitchincarol Your mention of salsa made me want to comment how I rediscovered it a few weeks ago and it makes my FDs at home a lot more tasty!! You’ve got this. Keep the faith!

@flourbaby Oh my. I hope you find a decent flat soon!

Have a nice weekend, all!

Day 17 USA (Illinois) NFD

The apple cinnamon muffins I made yesterday were delish for breakfast. I know… probably too much sugar, but our WOL allows for all kinds of food. 🙂 The rest of the dozen went into the freezer.

@stitchincarol – last time I made applesauce I used up a bag of Macintosh (9 apples) for sauce. Our orchard was out of Mac’s, so we’re trying Cortlands and Empire (supposed to be a cross of Mac and Red Delicious) – we got 1/2 peck to do. Looks like about 20 or so apples. I’ve seen mechanisms that peel apples, but I don’t have one.

@at – whew, bathroom disasters are not fun at all! Hopefully it all dries out and gets fixed soon.

@toady – I’m in your same boat, extraction of a bicuspid last February is giving me a bridge soon. I went to the Dental Implant place where DH has been going, but my case won’t allow an implant (sinus too close). Now that the gum area is healed, I can chew on that side but not effectively at all. Hugs to you.

Onward and downward.

Day 17 Wisconsin USA
    Hi everyone,
    Yesterday went well, and I feel like the challenge this month has really helped me get into a good routine of exercise and optimal eating. Not snacking between meals is doable, but really hard at times. Someone suggested drinking a beverage when hungry, and I’m using that quite a bit.

Blustery and chilly day today – I really warmed up on my brisk walk though, and almost all of my steps are in.

Making fresh tomato sauce and meatballs for dinner – it’s cooking and warming up my kitchen which feels cozy.

The virtual Milwaukee film festival is turning out to be amazing. There are 197 films of all kinds in every genre imaginable, including short films, both live action and animated, that we both love. Being able to watch interesting films 24/7 on a TV or laptop during the festival is quite the experience.

Good luck to everyone today. I didn’t read very much today, so will go back to catch what I’ve missed later.

Plan for Day 17:
    Continue walking and daily yoga

Day 18 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Very strange, the scales, this Fridays weigh in day, yet again no change!
    Which is a little odd, particularly as recent events have seen me stop counting calories, eating far more than for the last year or so (under instruction from medics) less long walks and Mrs IHL building me up ready for the next six weeks.
    I was fully expecting to put weight on, maybe a couple or three pounds, but no, staying put, nicely sat on a plateau, which also is my lowest weight for years. Certainly not complaining, just find it rather surprising, maybe the ‘inner warthog’ is sulking or has surrendered? Either way, I’ll take it 😉

Yesterday, was one of Mrs IHL’s charity fundraisers in the village. Population of the village and surrounding area is small, but very generous. Due to C19 restrictions she and her gang of ‘doers’ had organised an outdoor table-top sale, cake stall, raffle and tombola…. Mid October, outdoors round here ???

By 9am us chaps had the gazebo up, the tables out, using the small car park by the side of the local chapel, suitably set out for social distancing, the ladies, suitably ‘masked and visored’ set out their stalls, bottles of hand sanitiser all over the place and kept fingers crossed that they would do OK.

Maybe it was because there’s been nothing else so far this year or it was dry and not too windy and cold, but people came, maybe they just wanted to get out?
    Fantastic turn out as usual, folk are very generous round here supporting local charities and village events, it really lifts the spirits, a great community. They did incredibly well, not a lot left by 12 noon and quickly tidied away. Great fun for all involved as well as raising a very impressive sum of money!

Finished off my day watching the Heineken Champions Rugby (union) final on TV late afternoon. Exeter and Racing92 (Paris) a great entertaining game and close encounter, which was very close, Exeter leading a single point until the last minute. But Exeter won by four points with a late score just before the final whistle.

Take care all

Day 18 (& 17) – Country NSW – Australia – NFDs

Sorry that I missed out on typing up day 17, but honestly not much to say. I did a 14 hour fast followed by eggs on Rivitia. Surprising no real pain from the extraction, though it seems there’s a small tear in the skin where lip joins the jaw which is more annoying than anything. Did a light cardio workout at the gym for like 20 minutes but think it was better than nothing, then I went to buy some roses to take home to my mother at Christmas time and lastly got some vegetarian pizzas (4), again. Ended up eating almost 2 of them over the rest of the day, so that was like 8000kj for the day and well above any guidelines.

Today (Sunday) I ended up doing a 13 hour fast overnight and ate another pizza and a half during the day… and a few of the Nut Bars as well. Tooth area is going well, again, the only pain is the torn bit of lip skin. Enjoyed a rather chilled out Sunday doing a diamond dot picture and watching things on Youtube. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll get back to the gym after work and back on track with the Fast800.

@stitchincarol – At the moment I’m going to just leave the gap, I’m hoping to one day be able to afford the $5000-8000 for braces and that my overly crowded bottom teeth will fill in most of the now vacant space. I have a bit of an overbite so my big front teeth hide it pretty well.

@songbirdme – I had root canal on a bicuspid last year after getting a rip roaring toothache in it. I was glad that I was able to get it done at the local university’s Dental Clinic – it was done by a 5th year student and supervised by several professors, sure it took quite a few 2 hour sessions over the space of a few months, but instead of the $3000 quoted by a private dentist the total cost came to under $1000. I’m still trying to figure out how to bite on my right side as I don’t want to disturb any healing that’s going on over the extraction site.

Day 18 UK NFD

Still struggling to adjust the this very autumnal weather but getting there….Enjoying the weekend ( maybe a little too much ) but I have plans for next week Usual fast day Monday and I’m going to hit those ab exercises hard and start my waist reduction campaign See you on the lists tomorrow x

Day 18 – USA/GA – NFD

Scales were rocking a little this morning, but I can still claim 239 lbs. as an official weigh in! This gives me confidence to move more firmly into the upper side of the 230s by the end of the month. My goal is 236, but we’ll see how close I can come to that.

@i-hate-lettuce great to hear the inner warthog seems to be tamed! I still have occasional bursts from mine, but he’s been pretty good this weekend so far. Today will be tough, as it’s a chilly Sunday morning…

I slip on my robe and slippers after a quick shave and shower and head to the kitchen. I switch on the coffee maker and put a couple of eggs on the boil. The phone rings. I pick up my smartphone and answer, “hello?” “Why didn’t you call me? It’s noon already!” Lola’s voice quivers. I walk back over to the fruit bowl to see what I have that looks fresh to eat. “I just woke up, myself. Have you talked to Wesley this morning?” “No,” Lola responds. “I thought you had called him.” “OK, I will. I’m just fixing breakfast,” I say. “It’s noon! There’s no time for breakfast; we need to be heading out soon.” I put a hand on a hip. “Lola, it’s just a coffee and an egg. I’m not laying out a buffet here.” Lola snorts and giggles. “OK. I don’t care. I wanted to see what time we’re planning on leaving. I need time to make sure I have everything packed.” I sit down at the counter, deciding on an apple. “It’s probably going to be about 1:30 or 2:00, like I said yesterday.” Lola’s voice gets a little cold, “I know that’s what we said, but things change. I’ll be ready at 1:30, but if you and Wesley keep piddling around, it’ll be dark before we set out. I want to get on the road! Call him!” My eyes widen. “OK, OK, Lola. Chill! I promise we’ll be on the road no later than 2.” “Call him now,” Lola says. “I’ll call you back in 15 minutes to make sure you did!” She laughs as I hang up. I scroll through my contacts and dial Wesley’s number.

Enjoy the day, everyone.

Day 18 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Quick post. Weight remaining stable despite it all. There will be wine with dinner tonight, I do enjoy my Sunday wine m

Going to my Aunts funeral tomorrow. Due to restrictions only 25 people allowed in the church so I may just have to hang about outside. I will see my Dad there, he was with the grieving family yesterday so I hope he is ok Covid wise and hasn’t caught anything 😱 (terrible to be thinking that, but it’s such a worry).

@i-hate-lettuce thinking of you for the next few weeks.

Have a great Sunday.

Day 18, Emden Germany, NFD
    Day 17 NFD

On Friday, we suddenly had 10 new Covid-19 cases. Emden did so well over the past months (only 50 cases since March) but now it’s here. The hospital is well prepared but if we go over 35/100.000 we have to go in self isolation again. We’re now at 17/100.000.

I’m working with a split screen at the moment, it works well but I needed my DH to install it. We want to Skype with friends this evening and have to find out how to install that too. I don’t like computers very much but it’s the best way to keep in touch with friends and family.

@markie99 We use to have a film festival every year but because of Covid-19 they had to leave it out this year without any replacement. How lucky you are! Enjoy it!

@stitchincarol At the moment I’m more moaning than chatting. The fruit is soaking in Cointreau since Friday evening. I’m going to make the cake tomorrow.

@northerndawn I hope you had a great family cookout and the patio heater kept you warm.

@emma-taylor I hope you got home safe! Yes, cellulite can disappear, well done you! I don’t often look at my legs but after reading about cellulite, I took a look. I don’t have much cellulite at this weight but I know it vanishes when I lose weight. I feel and look fine at my current weight so I don’t mind a bit of cellulite.

@at What a pity the plumper couldn’t fix it. When will the plumber get the shower parts?

@daffodil2010 Stay safe tomorrow!

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 18 Wisconsin USA FD500
    Enjoyed a great dinner with wine last night and today seems like a good day to try for my second FD500 this month.

I was thinking this morning about the many things that aren’t in my control. I doubt I have to list them for you – they are fairly universal.
    Of the few things I can actually control, though, top of the list for me are my attitude, my choice of what and when to eat and the activity I choose to engage in. Today I’m going to focus on what I can control.

Plan for Day 18:
    Put on my rain gear and get out there to finish my 10,000 steps
    Practice yoga
    Complete a FD500

@snowflake56, I’m so sorry that you can’t enjoy your film festival this year. Our virtual festival has turned out to be a huge high point for us, as we shelter in place, for the most part, and sacrifice not seeing our family for months on end as cases skyrocket in our state and our hospitals fill to capacity and more. I wish better things for all of us in the near future.

Sorry that I still haven’t found the time to read many comments this weekend, but know that I’m sending every member of this group best wishes for a safe, successful day. Take care.

Day 18 USA (Illinois) NFD

Had to miss church as DH is on orders from local health people to ‘lay low’ (due to contact tracing) that he had been exposed about 10 days ago. He’s feeling fine, thank the Lord. Our church is small, and we sit distanced, but watching on Facebook Live feed was fine for us.

Hope to read and post more soon —

Onward and downward.

Day 18 – Rural Nebraska, USA – CD

Yesterday’s Fast5 went far better than the last few days did. As I was getting ready for bed, I was thinking about what I’d eaten over the last few days, and feeling guilt and a fair amount of shame–and froze. I realized that, 1.) I was engaging in ugly self-talk, and really don’t want to do that, especially because, as I thought about the actual reality, I really hadn’t eaten that badly. Too much, yes, but not hideously too much, and certainly not so much that I deserved such ugly self-talk. (In fact, do we ever deserve ugly self-talk? No, I don’t think so!) Then I realized, 2.) When I’m busy engaging in ugly self-talk, I tend to be even worse about “behaving.” Thus if I have a prayer’s chance of behaving tomorrow, I have to “talk good” to myself today. That’s the whole shame/encouragement thing. So I’m feeling much more my well-behaved self today, and hope my own insight is at all helpful for any of you.

@northgeorgia Thanks so much for the encouragement you offered me yesterday; it truly helped.

@songbirdme I actually do have a contraption that peels apples, and cuts and cores them as well. Honestly, I’m so fast with a peeler and with my paring knife that it’s nearly faster to do it by hand; on top of that, there’s a whole lot less of the apple that’s lost to too-thick peeling, and coring in the wrong place (because apples aren’t made perfectly symmetrically). There. Don’t you feel better now? 🥰

@markie99 Fresh tomato sauce with meatballs sounds absolutely perfect for a blustery fall day, yummm!

@i-hate-lettuce, just as your village sounds the quintessential English village, my village has always seemed the quintessential small-town-USA village, and I love it for all the same reasons you listed. Village living has some great benefits!

@toady I’m so glad your tooth extraction is healing well, despite the bit of the tear in your skin; good luck with a rapid completion of all heaing!

@brightonbelle “Waist reduction campaign”?? If you find something that actually works, do let the rest of us know! I know for a fact that, even when I get down to 132 (just under 20 pounds from now), my waist is not going to have gone from the 31″ it is now to the 24″ it was twenty years ago when I last weighed 132.

@northgeorgia The delight of you being in the 230s is a very close second to the thrill I’d feel if I were still in the 140s. And since I’m confident I’ll be back there soon, then I have uncompromised joy at your success!

@daffodil2010 A huge virtual hug to you as you mourn your aunt’s passing; I hope the family gathering is joyful, as it was for my family at my BIL’s service.

@snowflake56 I’m envious that you’re using Cointreau instead of Rum; I would also have done that, except that we have none, and no Triple Sec either. DH and my sons seem to think we have alcohol for them to drink, while I believe we have alcohol so when I have a recipe that calls for it, it’s there. This has been an ongoing difference of opinion for years now, LOL! I hope your Skype went well with your friends!

@markie99 “Focusing on what you can control”? Such a perfect attitude to this WOL, and, in fact, to all that troubles us. I hope this day is going wonderfully for you!

@songbirdme Oh, dear! I hope you and DH continue to be free from C19.

An NFL game is on the TV, which isn’t particularly thrilling to me (it’s my great-nephew who is watching and really cares), but the sound of NFL football is “autumn music” for a Sunday afternoon, and I’m so content enjoying having it on. I hope that, whatever you’re doing, it brings you contentment and joy. See you tomorrow on all the lists!

Day 18 Minnesota, USA NFD

Late check-in, obviously, but about 5:50pm as I type. Well, this weekend did NOT turn out as planned or expected:

Friday, the 16th, after I posted at about 9:30 AM, it began to snow, very hard. Really terrible visibility. That lasted about half an hour and then blue skies. Then dark skies. Then, hard sleet with bouncing little pellets (graupel ?), then cleared. Then hard driving rain, and, again, cleared, leaving us with 38F (3.3C), windy, and therefore, much colder to the feel. No outdoor walk for me. And I started feeling a bit down about winter being here, already. My DH called, said “Chili sounds good”. So….made chili con carne and apple crisp/crumble for dessert. I did great all the day, barely even tasted my cooking, but at night I had a bit of the dessert, some cheese…. lots of cheese, and ruined the FD.

So, I am with you, @stitchincarol! My mojo has evaporated since then!

Saturday, the 17th, I had an EFS day. My family (DD, SIL and granddaughters) did not come over for the cookout. Variety of reasons. Including that no one is feeling very good there, or here, actually …..congestion, coughs, fatigue. No fever, really. We are all hoping it is a mixture of seasonal allergies, and all of the smoke from the Colorado fires.
    I did play “go-for” for DH, who was prepping the front of the garage for the new door on order. Also, I spent a lot of time (a lot of time), researching the candidates on my absentee ballot for local government positions. Got that done and filled out! Will mail or drop off soon.

Today…..DD said she is very tired, the little ones are cranky, and SIL, (who thinks our current temp at 32F (0 C) is “invigorating), has yard (garden) work to get done before the expected measurable snowfall due on Tuesday, and wondered if we can try later in week for a get together. It was both a disappointment and a relief, because we are also still feeling very tired.

I’m hoping it’s just due to the transitional time from fall to winter, but if any symptoms get worse or stay same for too long, we will go get tested for C19. We have all been so conscientious about wearing masks and distancing, but I know the little girls played with other kids a week or two ago and the moms found they had all discarded masks and were sharing candy and milk. 😳 They love being with kids their own age, and it seems so necessary.

Tomorrow, planning a FD, ZBC, 18/6, DTF, 30 min w/ Leslie session. And will try some B2B 800s to make up for the last couple of days.

@songbirdme I hope you and DH will be fine.
    @at The plumber….gosh, can any kind of home maintenance or improvement go smoothly? So sorry it was a mess!
    @markie99 I need to get my big girl pants on and go out in the cold, the rain, the snow, whatever, for a walk like you do! And stay safe! I know some neighbors who think MN should shut down the borders with WI, SD, ND, IA. Like that would even be possible! But, I do understand the frustration when so many people in neighboring states refuse to take precautions for their own health, as well as others.
    @snowflake56 Please stay safe….in some of the smaller communities that have escaped problems so far, I think sometimes they have let their guard down. I hope you and DH do not.
    @daffodil2010 Just keep some good fresh circulating air going and mask when you can? Keep some distance? It does take being close for several minutes (10-15)to be dangerous, not just a couple minutes, or so they tell us.
    @northgeorgia I think you’ve got it this week! Your story will send us all a little vicarious mojo.
    @brightonbelle…I’m with you on Monday, but the ab exercises…..a bit for me, but not a lot of motivation yet, until I get rid of another inch or two of the adipose tissue covering the muscle. 😁

See you all tomorrow morning!

Day 19 – Japan – WFD #83

Very tried this morning, maybe that will help.

@stitchincarol – My focus is more of not gaining weight rather than losing weight, however I probably should lose 2 or 3kg now. My peak weight was 106kg which put my BMI just over 30. Now my BMI is just about 26 sometimes dipping below 25. However I work out fairly hard most weeks which tends to push up my weight. Mostly I fast for the health benefits now. To your point … mixing up the eating once in a while … this year as really worked against that. I used to break things up by throwing in a 3 or 4 day fast once in while. I haven’t done that for a long time. On the other hand a safe but boring routine is probably better than pushing risky behavior right now. A four day water fast has pretty profound impacts on my body and while it is good long-term, short term probably weakens my immunity system. So I’m just waiting until it is safer to mix things up.

I think what is really causing me problems is a mixed up sleeping pattern. As that gets better I’ll probably do better.

Day 19, Emden Germany, FD

Good morning everyone!

Reading about rapidly rising C19 numbers everywhere is worrying, I hope we all stay safe.

@daffodil2010 Take care, I will be thinking of you and your family today.

@markie99 We always have our film festival mid june. They didn’t have time to reorganize everything. The film club we’re in restarted two weeks ago but we don’t even consider to go to a cinema now.

@songbirdme It’s good to have contact tracing. In Germany only ~20% of the population uses it. I hope you both stay well.

@stitchincarol I don’t think we ever need ugly self-talk, it’s self-destructive. Why are you so hard on yourself, you’re trying to change things and do better and that’s more than most people do. We had to buy the Cointreau, we only have wine, beer and 54% rum in the house. It seems you have to hide the Cointreau of other things you need for baking or cooking! Skype didn’t work, it was too hard to get in so we used WhatsApp again for our 2 hour talk. Next talk will be on Tuesday, we always have so much to talk about.

@northerndawn Oh, snow already! It it usuall at this time of year? What a pity the cookout didn’t happen but it’s better to not take any risks nowadays. I hope everyone feels better today. What is “go-for”? Bringing needed things? My DH works as a nephrologist so we have to do everything to stay safe. We’re thinking about skipping the wednesday group dance class, although there are only 5 other couples and only do the private classes. We’ll see how fast the numbers go up and decide then but I don’t think we’re far away from self-isolation.

Pocket list day 19
    @at
    @betsylee
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @northgeorgia
    @brightonbelle
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56

ZBC day 19
    @at
    @daffodil2010
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn
    @snowflake56

Exercise 30×5 day 19
    @at
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn

DTF day 19
    @at
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn

Have a nice day everyone and stay safe!

Day 19 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Need an FD today as my poor tum is not right, I think I ate something that wasn’t cooked properly on Saturday and I feel a bit off. I took lots of kefir yesterday which certainly helped, but a good old FD should sort things out.

I am about to do the hours drive into Dublin to attend my aunts funeral. No idea what traffic will be like, there could be Covid police checkpoints to consider, but I plan to mask up and give my condolences and then scoot. If things were different there would have been an Irish wake over the weekend, lots of family visits, a huge funeral today followed by lunch and talking with family for hours. Not today though 😨

Also, as a lot of my brothers and sisters have underlying medical issues I think I am the only one attending the funeral, so I simply have to be there.

Sorry to hear of others having C19 issues too. The numbers are out of control here, and we expect our government today to announce further, stricter, restrictions. If only people would abide by them, but people are still doing the things they shouldn’t be doing and numbers are spiking.

Just continue on, I only have control over myself so that is what I will concentrate on.

Have a great Monday.

Day 19 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Off out so calling in early, might be a bit ‘hit and miss’ for the next six weeks, but will call in ‘as and when’ 🙂

Take care all.

Day 19, NFD, Aus

Away with work so quick check in only.

Way to go @EmmaTaylor – how encouraging to know the orange skin like cellulite can disappear!

Good to hear from you @flourbaby but sorry it’s not with better news.

Thinking of you and yours @daffodil2010 – such sad news.

Day 19 UK FD

Thanks for putting me on the list @snowflake56 Determined to have a good go , funny I can’t remember what measurement my waist was back in the day @stitchincarol Think I probably just took it for granted I’m a similar size to you now I’m setting myself a target to get in the 20s (probably 29.9 ) by Christmas

It’s a very worrying time at the moment so feel for everyone that has extra problems @i-hate-lettuce @daffodil2010 @flourbaby ❤️

Pocket list day 19
    @at
    @betsylee
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @northgeorgia
    @brightonbelle
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56

ZBC day 19
    @at
    @daffodil2010
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle

Exercise 30×5 day 19
    @at
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn
    @brightonbelle

DTF day 19
    @at
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn
    @brightonbelle

D19 UK Lake District

The wagon is in sight.

I don’t know what makes me lose my grip of the reins but it happens now and again and my circle of depression kicks in. Which comes first (losing the reins or the depression) I don’t know but the two do come together. I am sorry I cannot talk to you all but this is how depression affects me, I am reading all your posts. I also find it harder to make decisions which is what I has been happening this past week. I can see the dust from the wheels and all your hands but I am not there yet. Thank you for all your support. I will get there

Day 19 – Country NSW, Australia – MFD (800)

Despite my weekend indulgence of pizza and choc dipped Nut Bars I only gained about 500g (1lb) when I got on the scales at work this morning. Still under the 100kg (220lb) mark and proud of myself for that. Tooth area is going well despite a tiny bit of pain that’s not even worth taking ibuprofen for.

I also got myself back on track with a 17.5 hour fast which ended with a cup-a-soup at 11am, I had the last 3 slices of pizza for lunch and had to look carefully at dinner to keep myself below my 800 limit… Aldi didn’t have the Green Chicken Curry microwave meals that I like so I got some Shepherd’s Pies instead (really it’s Cottage Pie as it’s not made with lamb). Freezer compartment is now stocked full of frozen meals and bags of vegie stew.

Day 19 – UK – FD

A very good NFD weekend with a lovely 11km solo walk yesterday enjoying the wonderful autumn colours around us and arranged to meet up with 3 friends halfway for an outdoor coffee and catch up 🤗

Cooked this wonderful Nigel Slater recipe for dinner last night – Romano Peppers stuffed with brown and white crab meat and tarragon – absolutely delicious – This will be a regular on the menu!

7am Broga class with OH this morning gave me a good start for my normal Monday FD – will be going for a wander to the village soon to collect some fresh sourdough bread and some flapjack for OH

Thanks all for the caring about my plumbing disaster – luckily no damage done except to the pride of the plumber and me ending up with two full wash loads of soaking wet towels…..The system we have is a high pressure rain shower which I love – atm we at least can have a hot shower but with much reduced power until he replaces the mixer

@dykask – I’m always amazed at your willpower getting through those WFDs so easily!
    @flourbaby – sending you lots of virtual 🤗 I do hope that you find somewhere suitable to rent soon
    @stitchincarol – there definitely was a funny side to it all – bless him despite having been drenched in freezing cold and very hot water he kept apologising for the mess…..On a different note I do agree that one of the good things about the situation we find ourselves in is that I am more in contact with friends either by FT/Zoom or just ringing for a chat and check up 🤗 With regards to fasting do what suits you at the moment and keep the faith and definitely no “ugly self-talk” x
    @i-hate-lettuce – I agree how wonderful village life is here – amazing support for fundraiser events and the virus certainly highlighted how we all pulled together to help those in need during lockdown and ongoing too – You are in our thoughts and prayers and we will be supporting you with positive thoughts during the next weeks for your ongoing treatment – you and Mrs IHL are not alone on this path as you will have your virtual family from here with you 🤗
    @brightonbelle – having grown up in the tropics I find that autumn 🍂 is a favourite time of the year for me now, so hopefully you can adjust to the change soon 🍂
    @daffodil2010 – Hope the upset tummy settles with your FD – great idea to drink plenty of Kefir yesterday and thinking of you today – safe journey for your Aunt’s funeral 🤗
    @snowflake56 – unfortunately the UK has not done well with keeping the virus in check and I dread to think what winter and the normal flu season will do to us…….Sadly no idea how long before he gets the part required for the shower – said the company will call to arrange an appointment as soon as they get the part….Thank you for adding me to all the lists today x
    @northerndawn – is snow usual for you at this time of the year?? and hopefully you all stay safe from Covid x
    @kazoo – Big virtual hugs coming your way – we are here for you – I love this and hope it helps 🤗
    “Take a shower, wash off the day. Drink a glass of water. Make the room dark. Lie down and close your eyes.
    Notice the silence. Notice your heart. Still beating. Still fighting. You made it, after all. You made it, another day. And you can make it one more.
    You’re doing just fine.”
    ― Charlotte Eriksson, You’re Doing Just Fine

Pocket list day 19
    @at
    @betsylee
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @northgeorgia
    @brightonbelle
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56

ZBC day 19
    @at
    @daffodil2010
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn
    @snowflake56

Exercise 30×5 day 19
    @at
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn

DTF day 19
    @at
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 19 – USA/GA – FD

Well, I’m going to start naming it “Sabotage Sunday!” Weigh in this morning was 241 lbs. LOL No, I’m not really that worried. I was happy to share a fast food meal complete with a small Dairy Queen blizzard last night with my parents and my brother’s family. My brother has a job interview today (fingers crossed), and his kids are out of school for Fall Break until Wednesday. They may ride through the Blue Ridge Mountains today to see if the fall colors are on the trees (my parents are just not sure how restroom breaks work during a pandemic).

I’m planning to take off next Monday, so I am planning on a 4:3 again to end out the month. It will be a telling month about whether I should readjust my monthly targets. But I’m also reflecting on cooler weather that may affect my diet (will I still want salads on FDs, or is it going to be more broth and soups?), things I can improve (why do I seem to sabotage Sundays — am I staying up later, stress over the coming workweek, gorging before another week of fasting?), and preparing for the new me (I bought a smaller sized belt in preparation, and got out some pullovers and sweaters that I can wear again — even the next sized down suit fits now!).

Wesley picks up his phone and in a sleepy stupor responds, “mmmmfff?” I clear my voice, “Uh, Wesley? Are you awake?” I hear groaning and tossing of covers. “What time is it?” “Good… afternoon, Wesley. Lola has just called and she wants to leave in about an hour and a half.” Wesley groans even more loudly. “I don’t think I’ve slept off the effects of The 240s club yet!” he grumbles. I smile. “Fix yourself some coffee and pack your things. I don’t think we can push it much past 2:00 this time around. Lola is really excited about the trip. I am, too, but just trying to wake up a bit first.” I hear a sigh on the other end of the line. “OK, I’m getting up. I’ll call you when I’m ready to face the world.” I hang up — there’s no talking to Wesley until he has that first cup of coffee. I take my just-brewed cup from the machine and blow over the rim to cool it. I can’t believe most people are already having lunch and here I am trying to wake up. I better not make a habit of clubbing all night as I did back in my younger days. Oh yeah. I got to call Lola back or she’ll keep bugging me about waking Wesley up.

Good luck to all of us on the pocket lists today. The month is approaching 2/3 of the way over. Let’s find our resolve 🙂

Pocket list day 19
    @at
    @betsylee
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @northgeorgia
    @brightonbelle
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56

ZBC day 19
    @at
    @daffodil2010
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia

Exercise 30×5 day 19
    @at
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn
    @brightonbelle

DTF day 19
    @at
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn
    @brightonbelle

Day 19 Wisconsin USA CD

FD yesterday went a bit above 500 cal, but was still reasonable, and I’m happy that I didn’t eat between meals and after dinner.

Multi-tasked by doing balance exercises while watching a film. Before the pandemic I taught a total of 8 classes per week at the Y – senior yoga, regular yoga, water aerobics and a very basic tai chi class. I try to do classes for myself to keep up my teaching skills as well as my own strength, flexibility and balance, but it’s been sporadic. To that end, I’ve decided that each weekday I will do one of my own classes. I plan to incorporate some of the movement from the water class into other activities.

Plan for Day 19:
    16:8, avoid sugar and processed foods
    Complete steps and at least one additional exercise.

@northerndawn, I hope your mojo comes roaring back soon. Don’t know if this is helpful, but sometimes I do one positive thing (Ex: drink a hot, calorie-free beverage before eating) and that leads to another and another. Also, I hear you about not wanting to go out in the cold. That’s been life-long for me. I’ve decided that since I have warm clothes, rain gear and waterproof hiking boots, I will go out every day there isn’t fresh ice on streets and sidewalks. That helped me earlier this year when I walked miles in every kind of weather. Good luck, and I hope you can follow your plans.
    @dykask, good luck with your WFD. You have so much good experience to share – thanks.
    @snowflake56, I agree, you are wise to take precautions now.
    @daffodil2010, hope all goes well on your trip to Dublin. Glad that you can show support for your family, even if in different ways right now.
    @i-hate-lettuce take care I’ll miss your daily posts.
    @brightonbelle, good luck on your FD today.
    @kazoo, glad you are reading and posting and staying with us. Take care.
    @toady, good news!
    @flourbaby, I wish sending good thoughts could help. I hope your situation improves soon.
    @at, your recipes always sound amazing. I’ve never used crab to stuff peppers, but I did make Maryland crab cakes this past weekend and they were a treat.
    @northgeorgia, glad you’re not letting small fluctuations get in your way. You’ll be down again soon.

Good luck everyone, and take care.

Day 19 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD500

Okay, the reset button seems to have worked because I ate reasonably yesterday–WHEW! Today’s FD dinner (the only time I’ll eat) is a garden salad with some of the last of our tomatoes and some 50-70 shrimp sautéed and dumped on top. The only high calorie part is the blue cheese dressing I’ll use, but I still manage to be under 500, and it’s a real treat and I’m already happily anticipating it, so that should keep me in check today.

@northerndawn I really laughed at the day you had on Friday! Such crazy extremes, and all in one day. I think your husband’s suggestion for chili was spot on, and I suggest you analyze how many calories you ate with the crumble and the (lots of) cheese. I’ll just bet you’re like me, and because you went over a FD’s calories, you’re beating yourself up without even knowing how many calories you actually ate. Regardless, have a great reset Monday, and I hope you and your entire family feel back to full health quickly.

@dykask Isn’t it rather astonishing how poor sleep patterns can thoroughly mess up and influence so many things in our bodies? I hope you DS is doing well at college and that your sleeping goes back to normal soon, giving you all sorts of benefits from normal, and sufficient, sleep.

@daffodil2010 Aww, so sorry about your stomach issues, and on the day of your aunt’s funeral, besides! I pray all goes well, and I’m so sorry it’s not at all what the norm would be ; that’s hard on everyone, but especially the family.

@snowflake56 This sentence of yours is exactly right: “Why are you so hard on yourself, you’re trying to change things and do better and that’s more than most people do.” I’ll bet if we all meditate on this, and take it to heart, this month will be reset by every single one of us. How fun that you had a two hour conversation with your friends, and are going to talk again on Tuesday; such dear friends are an absolute treasure, aren’t they?

@i-hate-lettuce You’re in my prayers that all goes well with your treatments, and that the side-effects can be at least somewhat mitigated with meds. Cyber hugs to you and Mrs IHL.

@penz Have a great day, and we’ll look forward to hearing more chatter from you when you have time!

@brightonbelle, I can tell you that my VERY skinny daughter tried on a wool skirt I used to pull on whenever I wanted comfortable but sharp-looking; it fit her entirely fine around the hips, with plenty of loose fabric…and was two inches from being able to close completely at the waist. I actually would never want to go back to such a tiny waist, because pants were impossible to fit with such a huge difference between hips and waist. My eventual goal for my waist is 27. No idea if I can have that, but I’d like it! 😉 And by Christmas? Even better!

@kazoo, I know you will indeed get there, and we’ll continue holding out our hands for you to grasp when you come out of the grip of the depression. Is part of this related to problems with your DH’s health? I do pray he’s as well as ever. Cyber hugs to you!

@toady Good to hear you’re back on track with your eating; I’ll bet you’ll be able to get back to the gym soon as well since your tooth is doing well!

@at I love reading about your walks and your cooking and your life in general, and then all your responses to people and their posts. Your skill at loving people with words is exemplary. Thank you.

@northgeorgia I’m sure you’re right that you’re not really up, and that today’s FD will get you firmly back in the 230s. Enjoy wearing the suit that fits you again! Do you wear suits to work often, always, occasionally…?

@markie99 I’ll bet you miss teaching a class. Have you thought about doing a Zoom class with your students? A friend of mine teaches yoga via zoom and gets paid for it besides.

@ccco Have another grand day with that grand son! 😉

Pocket list day 19
    @at
    @betsylee
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @northgeorgia
    @brightonbelle
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56

ZBC day 19
    @at
    @daffodil2010
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn
    @snowflake56
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia

Exercise 30×5 day 19
    @at
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco

DTF day 19
    @at
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco

Day 19 USA (Illinois) CD

Need to do a very controlled day today, so will press on with that.

Onward and downward.

Day 19 – Monday Motivation

@brightonbelle, you said the exact right thing to move me nicely into my thoughts for today: You have a waist-size goal that you’d like to reach by Christmas.

Exactly. By Christmas. So many, many, many times, I’ve had a goal to reach by a particular date–often by Christmas–and when that date was past, all my ambition was gone with it. So here are my questions aimed at upping our motivation. (I tried being non-specific, and not using Christmas, but my syntax turned into a mess, so I’m re-writing everything, and am going to use Christmas; if you need to change the reason, or have no particular reason, please just mentally use whatever works for you.)

Are your goals so focused on Christmas that you’re likely to completely lose your mojo in January? True, January is traditionally a huge time to start a diet, but for those of us on this forum, it may well be a time of throwing in the towel after all our time striving for goals. What can you set as mini motivators between now and Christmas so that your mojo isn’t so strictly tied to December 25? What can you set as a major motivator for January?

Let me give you some examples. When I started back in on 5:2 on February 26, I did well initially. But then I wasn’t doing so well. Covid hit the news, lockdown occurred…I wasn’t doing well. I wasn’t gaining, but I sure wasn’t losing. And Easter was approaching. I’ve had a new dress for Easter every year of my life. I don’t care that that’s what little girls do, and that adult women usually give up the tradition; I love dresses, and I get a new Easter dress for me too! But it was too depressing to think I was going to spend money on a dress to fit the body I was in. So I set myself a goal: when I got to 159, I could go buy an Easter dress. And I reached that goal weight, got down even further to 157, in fact, and I got my Easter dress, and it’s actually a style that will still fit me twenty pounds down from now. That was a huge motivator for me.

My next motivator was new towels for the bathroom. Just as I have a thing for Easter dresses, I have a thing for towels, which means we already have 9 sets of towels in different colors. DH is very understanding, but he was not seeing precisely why we needed ANOTHER set of towels…and then he saw I’d already bought that tenth set. So I made him a deal: those towels would stay in the cupboard until I got down to 149, and they’d be my reward for losing those additional pounds. I’ve been flirting around 149/148, but haven’t stayed there, so the towels are still in the cupboard…but I often go to the cupboard and stroke those towels, and promise them they’ll be out soon! 😁

I traditionally have a fairly easy time losing weight in December, because I love Christmas so much, and am so busy; that makes it easy not to overeat and to actually under eat because of so many activities. January, however? Yeah, that’s when the story is all over. So my January motivator is that I get to pay for the Leslie Sansone subscription. I can be a tightwad, and I can’t persuade myself it’s reasonable to pay for a subscription when there are free videos on YouTube. But to have a built-in variety is hugely appealing to me, and is motivation. So that’s my January motivation; the catch is that I have to continue doing Leslie at least five days a week in January, or I’ll have to cancel it.

So there are some motivators that work for me. What works for you? Where are the potential downfalls for you in the coming months, and what carrot can you dangle in front of yourself to get you through the problem spots? We’re all of us always on the lookout for motivators that work, so do share, in case your motivator is just the ticket for someone else.

Day 19 Murrells Inlet South Carolina FD

Whew it has been over a week I think that I posted anything. My DH fell twice (thank God nothing is broken) his NO put him back on steriods to help with brain swelling, which has it’s own issues that we are dealing with. Results from MRI tomorrow fingers crossed. We both had doctor appointment this morning to get our flu shots.

Aside from all the health issues going on in my life, my fasting has stayed on track and this morning was weigh in day. Yay down another pound.

Great things never come from comfort zones. Have a great day everyone.

Day 19 – Third Post

@diana123 Wowza, you HAVE had a huge week to distract you. So glad DH didn’t break anything, and do let us know the results of the MRI. And through this all you’ve kept up your fasting and have lost another pound?? Impressive. Truly, truly impressive. Hopefully the steroids will do the trick for your DH but the side-effects can be minimized.

When you have time to post again, we’ll certainly cheer you on!

Day 19 Minnesota, USA FD

@snowflake56 Thanks for putting me on the lists!
    @stitchincarol Very motivating thoughts. I’ll have to think of some goals past Christmas.
    @at and @snowflake56. It IS a little early for snow, though not unheard of. It’s about 1:30 pm my time and it has been lightly snowing for the last three hours or more, but not accumulating. Tomorrow, we are suppose to get around 4 inches (10 centimeters) of snow. Hopefully the ground is warm enough we won’t have to scoop the heavy stuff it will be. Thursday, rain and possible thunderstorm. Quite an “active” weather week.
    @daffodil2010 I hope things went well, today.
    @i-hate-lettuce and Mrs. IHL, I’ll be thinking of you and wish you all the best over these next weeks.
    @kazoo hang in there and know that we are here for you.
    @at….@stitchincarol is so right……you have an phenomenal way with supportive words.
    @diana123 What a time you are having…..wishing you all the best, as well. It’s amazing you can stay on track with fasting. I feel like I have no excuse to go off course, if you can stay on it.

Be strong, everyone, and kind to yourselves and everyone around you.

Day 20 – M6 Southbound – NFD

Good morning everyone

You have to be fit for this treatment regime, it’s 7.15am 😉

Heading off down the motorway for early appointment and same again tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the cyberhugs, thoughts and best wishes, I’ll still be popping in keeping an eye out for you all.

Take care all

Day 20 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Although yesterday wasn’t a bust it wasn’t a 500 cal FD, but weight remains stable so I am content enough. Don’t want to maintain at this weight but at least it’s not going up.

Sad day yesterday at my Aunts funeral, thank you all for your kind thoughts. The church was very firmly blocked off for social distancing, but my Dad and I got two seats together. The poor man was struggling to get around the seats with his crutches (still has to use these walking aids after his near paralysis last year), but good on him for doing so. He is a determined man.

Both my cousin and my uncle hugged me spontaneously and what could I do but quickly hug back. We were all masked and gloved but this darn C19 has taken away the simple things we all naturally do during these times of grief, a simple hug of support means so much, but these days it could mean you get infected 😨

Last night our government announced virtual lockdown again, only allowed leave the house for essential reasons, exercise in a 5km radius, work from home if you can (I can’t, so it will still be the office for me), but the one difference is that a social bubble is allowed so that a person living on their own can form a social bubble with one other household.

That’s a good idea. My 66 year old friend lives on her own and got very lonely during last lockdown so I can visit her now without breaking regulations. I do try to keep to the recommendations, it’s sad to see the numbers spiking hugely.

@i-hate-lettuce the very best of wishes, thinking of you and spurring you on

@stitchincarol interesting musing regarding motivators…….years ago when Bith myself and DH lost 50lb each, we treated ourselves to a new bathroom. Right now I really need new clothes but that’s a motivator to LOSE weight as the new clothes I need are a bigger size !!!

I am finding it a constant struggle though to remain motivated to myself with all the other stuff going on outside.

I am still keeping to my daily Leslie walks, I ground myself barefoot in the grass outside every morning in the dark for about 20 mins (I am a nut ha ha 😆) and I try to eat healthily and sparingly…..but these are tough times.

Have a great Tuesday. I have myself down for an FD and I sure plan to keep it that way.

Day 20 – Japan – NFD

Water fast went for 39 hours. I seem to be back to my fasting being easy mode. Sure I do feel some discomfort but it is less than what I feel when I’m eating but restricting calories. On the other hand, I know if I keep fasting towards 60 hours, it gets harder before it gets reasonable.

So many people are impacted by covid-19, I’m not saying much about it but it has been a rough year for so many people.

Day 20 UK NFD

Wow deep musings @stitchincarol – I’d not given my “target “that much thought – I’ll just keep plodding on x

Day 20 – NSW, Australia – MFD

Did some shopping before work, got a different type of ‘Nut Bar’ to try out, few less calories but still quite nice, had one to break my 15 hour fast. Also got some Roast Vegetable Couscous, didn’t realise just how many calories were in it but it was tasty so when dinner is factored in probably had more like 820 calories all up, still better than my old 1500 though!! Dinner was a bit limited by my big lunch so another Shepard’s Pie after almost half an hour at the gym, didn’t get to do my usual workout due to all the machines getting used, but some exercise is better than none, right?

Day 20 CD UK

Been a bit slack lately. Put my back out last week and have been hobbling about since. It is now about 50% better but still painful and have to be careful. Definitely no exercise other than a little walk and some easing exercises on the floor. Trouble is difficult getting down and up from floor!!!

Had a good day yesterday and am moving from the stair above back down to the landing so that’s positive.

Saw a programme on TV with Mary Berry. Similar age to me and slender. Her secret…….portion control and watching calories. Am going to model myself on her, if she can do it so can I.

Read something about accepting compliments and discovered I am lacking in that department. I usually just sort of shrug it off but that is not very kind to the person giving the compliment so in future I intend to accept any given more gracefully and thank the giver. Win win.

Have a lot of catching up to do reading posts. You can’t afford to let the grass grow under your feet on this thread.

Best wishes to you all.

Day 20 – USA/GA – NFD

Meh, weigh in at 240 lbs. So close to 239. I’ll get there again.

“Hello?” “Lola, I’ve called Wesley. I think I woke him up. I told him we wanted to leave by 2:00, but..” “But he’s moaning and groaning. It’s OK, we’ll play it by ear. Listen, you finish eating breakfast and packing, then we’ll load up the trunk of the car. At 2:00 on the dot, we’ll go knock loudly on Wesley’s door.” “Lola, that’s so evil.” Lola cackles. “It’s not evil. We said 2:00, and by golly, we’ll be ready at 2:00.” “You know we’ll be sitting around watching him scramble to pack for another hour!” Lola responds, “I know. But how else are we going to get out before dark?” “Good point.” “See you soon!” Lola hangs up and I grab a banana from the bowl. Poor Wesley. I know he’s already slumped off back to sleep by now. Wait, why do I have any sympathy for him? I was out just as late as he was! I take another bite and rummage around for bottled water. I should have put some in the refrigerator last week.

@stitchincarol No, I like to be a bit more casual. Have to wear a collared shirt to work, but I usually go for polo shirts or a button-up without a tie. Who knows? I might start dressing up more, even if I don’t have to! I have one colleague who’s “thinking about” I.F. and she’s agreed to tell me if the clothes I’m wearing start to look too baggy on me haha

@markie99 Thanks. I know I’m basically there, and then will stay in the 230s for at least the next couple of months. Hoping for the 220s by the end of the year 🙂

I’m one of those weirdos that likes to put up his Christmas decorations soon after Halloween (I can be Thankful with a Christmas tree up!). I find that extending the holiday over two months makes it feel a bit more peaceful and a whole lot less stress floating around. With COVID this year, I’m sure things will be quieter than normal for both Thanksgiving and Christmas (including just immediate family dinners). So with that being said, I’m hoping one benefit will be a continuation on the downward weight-loss trend into January, with maybe some slower plateaus right at the holidays. Getting into the upper to mid 220s by the end of the year is my goal, so my target to be under 200 lbs. on my planned June trip to the beach will be a pretty strong motivator in January.

Best wishes to all!

Day 20 Wisconsin USA CD

Good morning! Can’t believe October is more than half over. So glad to be in this October challenge with all of you – I do feel as if I’ve reset.

Met my exercise goal yesterday (tai chi was my “exercise class”), and eating went fairly well. Another CD today for me. Weather is chilly but no rain forecast. I need to buy some things from a market that I usually drive to, and I’ve decided to walk.

Hoping for a good day for everyone. Take care.

Plan for Day 20:
    16:8, avoid sugar and processed foods.
    Eat under my TDEE.
    Complete steps and at least one additional exercise.

Day 20 – Rural Nebraska, USA – Fast5

Yesterday’s FD went well; today I’m hoping for 800 calories max, although I still need to figure out what dinner will be to accomplish that. I did some math yesterday. All along my goal had been to be down at least to 137 by Christmas, or even to 132. I’ve been so slow with weight loss that 141 is probably my only true possibility–and that only if I’m truly disciplined every M-Th. So this week, at least, I have both the mojo and no interfering birthdays, funeral trips to California, birthday trips to Colorado or other life events to maintain discipline. Fingers crossed that my weeks stay my own!

@northerndawn, I saw on the news last night that a band of snow passed just to the north of us, dropping four inches; I also saw a similar band up in Minnesota. It would appear winter has truly begun for you! I hope you still have some lovely fall days ahead of you before you have to deal with uninterrupted winter!

@i-hate-lettuce Cyber hugs to you and Mrs IHL as you continue your treatment! 7:15am, eh? Ugh. I’ve never been a morning person, and pity your early departure!

@daffodil2010 So glad you and your dad both got to be inside for the service. I’ve been in that position of needing new clothes, but mentally pointing out it’s far cheaper to simply lose weight. “Simply” lose weight. Yeah, right. Tell you what. You’re clearly on the wagon, even if you’re not feeling the energy you’d like to feel. Move over here, next to me, and I’ll put my arm around you and hold you close. It’s entirely safe since it’s all cyber, and we’ll get some others scooched up around you, and maybe you’ll find your energy for this project increasing. Either way, you’ll be getting lots of cyber love!

@dykask I’m glad your momentum has returned and that your WFDs are easy again. I chuckle even to type that, but take your word on it, LOL!

@brightonbelle “Deep musings,” eh? My husband often looks at me and says, “You’re thinking, aren’t you?” He knows my thoughts often mean more work for him, or long conversations to plan. Yup, that’s how I roll; I’m envious that you can just plod along without thinking it all to death! 🙂

@toady Good for you for getting to the gym. Some is definitely better than none! What’s your goal for how long you exercise and how often?

Oh, @annabelle48, so sorry to hear you put out your back last week. I hope the 50% improvement you’re feeling moves quickly to completely fine; backs are so much harder to deal with than, say, a foot or an arm!

@northgeorgia, as I vacillate between the high 140s and low 150s, I’m feeling the same impatience, frustration and confidence you’re feeling. Good luck this week with a sudden whoosh!!!

@markie99 Enjoy that walk to your market!

Time to walk with Leslie and get started on today’s long to-do list. Have a grand day, everyone!

Day 20 USA (Illinois) NFD

Had a very good CD yesterday that turned into a FD. Yeah for busy activities that kept me from eating. I had some leftover chicken & stuffing casserole that turned into a brothy soup for my one meal. Guessed it to be about 200 calories with some cheese. It’s turned cold and even snowy here in northern Ilinois, and FD’s always leave me cold. The soup and hot tea were perfect.

@diana123 -prayers for you and DH. 🙏🙏🙏

@i-hate-lettuce – hugs to you and your treatment regimen

@daffodil2010 – I’ve not heard of people creating a social bubble with anyone other then who they live with. What a wonderful way to avoid isolation! Hugs to you as you move forward with sympathy.

@dykask – wow, water fast for 39 hours. I am very impressed.

@annabelle48 – I also think Mary Berry is wonderful. I adored her on “British Baking Show” programs. We get the new season now on Netflix.

Onward and downward.

Day 20- Minnesota, US CD

I may try for a FD800, certainly ZBC and 16/8 or a little longer of TRE. DTF or DTS this week.
    I’ll be walking with Leslie after I take a quick trip to the Post Office. I want to get there and back before the snow is truly flying. It’s always amazing to me how people living in the snow belts of this country seem to forget how to drive in the snow after a 5-6 month break. It’s always best to avoid being on the roads during the first couple of snowfalls. 🙄

@stitchincarol I’m still considering what are realistic goals for the next two months, and beyond. And what will be good motivators for me. It’s really something I need to make a better plan for, than “I will lose 5 lbs by Christmas”. I’m glad you brought that up as food for thought. And, thanks, I too hope the weather can improve in the next week(s) and let us have a few more days to enjoy warmer weather. The leaves are almost all off the trees, though, due to wind and early cold, so that part of Autumn is fairly over for us.

@markie99 Thank you for your tip about doing “one positive thing” that leads to another….It reminded me to make a nice cup of peppermint tea when I was feeling hungry yesterday afternoon, and that helped me make it to dinner time. And you are also right about just putting on the warm clothes and getting outside. I have plenty of “gear”. Today may be too messy, though……we have no sidewalks, only the hilly streets, so even if it’s too slushy to be terribly slick, I have to always look out for the plows or the occasional car. Much better to wait until plowed. So, today….indoor walk with Leslie I think.

@annabelle48 Take care of your back! Gentle exercise only, indeed. I don’t know if you can get “Brian and Bob” on youtube…….They call themselves the best physical therapists on the internet (with tongue in cheek). Good exercises for almost any physical anomaly. They have a dry sense of humor, and I think they are from Minnesota or Wisconsin, according to their accents. I’ve been helped a lot by their exercises for sciatica, sacral iliac joint problems, and knee instability as well as some others.

@daffodil2010 What a wonderful idea about creating social bubbles with other households….It seems like an obvious solution for single, isolated people. That’s so kind of you to think of your friend and include her.!

Best of luck to everyone!

Day 21 – Lake district UK – CFD

Good morning everyone

The good thing about yesterdays early start, early finish ! Got home had coffee and went for a decent walk, really mild and sunny so made the most of it. Even managed half hour pruning some of the plants back as autumn is starting to take its toll and things are dying back slowly.

Today off even earlier!!! But going to be home later as it’s a full day of treatments, roll on weekend, 2 days off.

Despite everything, ie was told to increase the calorie intake at the moment, weight is maintaining, keeping down at my last low. Don’t know how with all I’ve been eating recently, but will keep on doing as I’m told, for once.

Take care all

Day 21 – NSW, Australia – NFD

I started off well, another 15 hour fast but then failed. Finished off one tub of the couscous from yesterday and then got this sudden chocolate craving and unfortunately had some chocolate coated raspberry liquorice strips hiding at work… ate the whole packet over the day (almost 1000 calories, oops), on top of couscous that I had for lunch and dinner… another 800 or so. Oops. That’s it, no cheat days this weekend!! Bad bad Toady!! Really wish I was like my pet pythons – one mouse once a week and they’re all happy and growing.

@stitchincarol – with the gym I go to when I joined they gave me a workout plan that included 2 lower and 1 upper body routines that take just under half an hour. Yesterday I managed 3/4 of my lower body (bit hard when everyone hits the gym after work and the machines are busy) but today I went BEFORE work for an upper body and it was pretty much empty!! I thankfully don’t workout super hard and get sweaty so I went straight to work afterwards and didn’t stink for the rest of the day.

Day 21 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Still at exact same weight, to the quarter pound, for the month of October 😀 I find these plateaus slightly amusing, I often wish I could figure out my own body, but hey, there you go.

Thanks @stitchincarol for scooching me up into the wagon with a virtual hug. I am definitely on it, but certainly not driving it these days.

The social bubble really is a great idea isn’t it @songbirdme and @northerndawn…I believe it was also used in New Zealand and the UK, and it should help with isolation and loneliness during lockdown times (which return after midnight here in Ireland).

The only thing is my eldest stepdaughter, who lives alone with our Grandaughter, having split from her partner last year, well she wants DH and I to be her social bubble. She suffered a lot too during last lockdown with crèches closed and a 4 year old missing her friends ☹️

Ach, of course we will do that, the only stipulation from me is that no visits until after this coming weekend as I have Dad to stay and I can’t have people dropping in 😟

I am staying DTF so far, ZBC, walk with Leslie, early to bed and early to rise……just keep on keeping on.

@i-hate-lettuce so happy to have you dropping in before your long day.

It’s a busy day in work as LOADS of people have taken today off to get essential hair maintenance done today as barbers and hairdressers shut down tonight (again) for at least 6 weeks. Me, I just let my hair grow, I will be like Rapunzel soon 😄

Everyone is affected by this C19, I am sorry for mentioning it, it’s hard to ignore the C word these days…..but I wish you all kindness, grace and spirit for the days ahead. Here’s that Hump Day camel 🐫

Hey, have another one for the day that is in it 🐪

Day 21, Emden Germany, NFD
    Day 20, NFD

Yesterday we got a visit from someone from the flooring company to look at the linoleum. He agreed that the linoleum didn’t look well and will call us on Friday after discussing what to do with his chef.

I suddenly don’t like wearing tighter pants/pairs of trousers anymore so last Friday I went to the carity shop, left my tight trousers there and bought 5 ones warm ones with wider legs. I’ll have to shorten them all but I that’s no problem. I also found a knitted woolen dress with a turtle neck, very comfortable to wear, I never had one before.

@i-hate-lettuce I hope you get through the treatment without too many side effects.

@at Waiting for parts to repair things sometimes seems to take forever. I’m glad you’re still able to take a shower.

@brightonbelle I also try to keep my waist under 30, after a FD I’m fine, after a few NFDs I’m ofter over 30. I’ll have to work on my abs to keep my belly flat, I guess.

@markie99 As the C19 numbers are still rising, we don’t have another choice as to cut back on socializing. I like reading you daily lists.

@diana123 Let’s hope for a good MRI outcome.

@daffodil2010 I really like the idea of the social bubble and hope you can give your stepdaughter the support she needs.

@stitchincarol Where would we be without dear friends? I had to smile about your sets of towels as I don’t have anything with towels. Being in maintenance, I don’t have a goal anymore. I try to eat healthier but I’m not very good at it at the moment.

@northerndawn Did you get more snow?

Pocket list day 21
    @northgeorgia
    @northerndawn FD800

ZBC day 21
    @northgeorgia
    @at
    @northerndawn
    @stitchincarol
    @daffodil2010
    @snowflake56

Exercise day 21
    @northerndawn
    @stitchincarol
    @daffodil2010
    @toady

DTF day 21
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn
    @daffodil2010

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 21 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 241 lbs. I’m glad I track my weight in so many different ways, or it could be discouraging. This time last week I was 243 lbs. before the huge next day whoosh to 239. Maybe tomorrow, I’ll be back down there. With a week and a half left, I suspect my goal of 236 won’t be reached this month. However, I had already noticed a major slow-down over the past few months that has been trending, and new a monthly target adjustment is due. I’ll see what happens in these few remaining days and recalculate based on those results.

I pack my duffel bag with all the things I can think of: camping clothes for a few days (always good to pack extra, in case someone pushes me into the creek again), toiletries, sunglasses, water, snacks, sunscreen, bug repellent, flashlight…
    Before I know it, the bag is full, and I zip it up. I be sure to put on my jacket and bring a pair of gloves and a stocking cap, as it can get quite chilly at night. Oh, the phone charger. Don’t want to leave all of civilization behind just yet. I think there’s a first aid kit in the trunk of the car. I do a final check of the house and turn off the lights. “Hope I’ve gotten everything,” I say to myself as I gently shut and lock the door.

Good luck to all of us on the pocket lists today. May Reset October look upon us with kindness in its final third!

Day 21 Wisconsin USA CD

Good morning everyone!

For the first time this month I am not down a pound on my weigh in day, so I’m staying at an official weight of 158. Hope this gives me motivation to try a little harder to make better food choices. At least by being here, I’m doing much less mindless between meal eating this month overall.

Today is library day (before the library opens, and wearing a mask, I find library materials that have been placed on hold for patrons to pick up) and truly, I’m excited to have this safe activity to look forward to. My previous library activity was helping patrons with computer issues while they used one of the library’s 19 computers. I loved it, but contact would be too close at this time, especially while our cases are rising so much in WI, so it’s not currently a volunteer activity.

Plan for Day 21:
    16:8, avoid sugar and processed foods.
    Continue avoiding between meal and bedtime eating.
    Complete steps and at least one additional exercise (SS Classic today).

@northerndawn, I so agree with you about being cautious with snow and ice. We do have sidewalks in our area, which helps, but sometimes I use streets if they are more clear. We have a river parkway very near that has a walking/biking path and I’m grateful that it’s plowed and clear almost all winter long. Walking with Leslie sounds fine – now that you’ve inspired me, maybe I will try it sometime.

@daffodil2010, the scale will do what the scale does, we just keep moving forward until it catches up!

@i-hate-lettuce always happy to see your posts, especially when unexpected.

@snowflake56, my favorites this time of year are yoga pants that flare near the bottom. They are soft and flexible and I wear them so much I bought a second pair. I read a study that said comfortable clothing encourages movement more than restrictive clothing. Now that we spend so much time at home, it’s comfortable clothing pretty much all the time for me.

@northgeorgia I love that you never give up, but keep moving forward instead.

@toady, no such thing as a bad toady. Hang in there.

Hope everyone meets their goals today. Take care.

Day 21 – Rural Nebraska, USA – Fast5

I felt as if I’d truly eaten like a glutton last night, despite my best efforts to reassure myself and “talk nice”…funny how our stomachs can argue with every piece of logic we possess, huh? And this morning’s weigh-in was down a pound from yesterday, so I clearly didn’t eat like a glutton. I’m still not counting calories ever (except the rough estimating I always do, that may or may not be accurate), but hopefully this evening’s supper won’t FEEL so gluttonous. 😁

@songbirdme I know how you feel about being so horribly cold on a FD in cold weather; I had to make coffee yesterday afternoon–something I ONLY do in the morning–just to warm up. Time to pull out the teas, I guess!

@i-hate-lettuce I love that yesterday turned into such a pleasant day for you; I hope today is similar.

@toady Given how disciplined you’ve been with calories ever since you joined the forum, it’s no wonder your body suddenly demanded some treats, and pushed you until you gave in. We’ve all been there/done that, and simply move on. That’s wonderful that the gym is so empty at the beginning of the day; are you going to always go in the morning from now on?

@daffodil2010 I know that numbers are growing in Nebraska as well, but most of them tend to be very, very mild: my SIL said her case felt like nothing more than a cold, and a similar story came from a member of our congregation. Let’s pray that all the cases are so mild, right?

@snowflake56 Oh, I LOVE shopping at what you called a charity shop! Very clever shopping to have found so many things that fit and that you like! And I’m thrilled for you that some solution seems imminent for your linoleum!!

@markie99 Here are two of my favorite walks. Well, actually, the red shoe one IS my favorite and the other one I like plenty. How’s that for specificity, LOL? Red shoe one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enYITYwvPAQ&t=6s and the other one I’ve been using for a week or so: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2ggHwtb-Zg&t=1484s I also really like this one with weights, except that holding my hands so close to my body prevents steps being registered, and messes up my daily step goal! 😂🤣😁 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr41_8QOTF8&t=20s Good luck with finding Leslie walks that inspire you!

Pocket list day 21
    @northgeorgia
    @northerndawn FD800

ZBC day 21
    @northgeorgia
    @at
    @northerndawn
    @stitchincarol
    @daffodil2010
    @snowflake56

Exercise day 21
    @northerndawn
    @stitchincarol
    @daffodil2010
    @toady

DTF day 21
    @stitchincarol
    @northerndawn
    @daffodil2010

Have a grand day, everyone!

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 509 total)

You must be logged in to reply.