Nurturing May 2022 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Nurturing May 2022 Challenge

This topic contains 387 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 396 total)

• 2nd Post – Day 24

@5413.5 – pasta/lasagna is not good FD food! almost pure carbs; no wonder you couldn’t stick to one portion. You need to plan your FD meal/s. Try just chicken, or eggs, tuna & veg or salad. Boring, I know; but if you stay away from food all day & that’s all you’re eating, then even cardboard will taste good. Stay away from bread, potatoes – and pasta! ๐Ÿ˜… You can have that – tomorrow. And maybe dump any leftovers in the trash before you’re tempted.. RESOLVE ๐Ÿ’ช

Pocket List – Day 24 ๐Ÿ’
    @funshipfreddie
    @5413.5

Day 24 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 210 lbs – a ten lb drop over last Tuesday! I last hit this weight nearly a month ago. More amazingly — this happened after an OMAD day. And a unique one. I thought if I did do OMAD yesterday, it would be at the reception last night. But instead, my boss invited me to lunch, and we only “dropped in” at the reception and headed back. I think an OMAD lunch always works better for me than an OMAD supper, and I forget that. The only “unfortunate” thing was that it was a greasy fast food diner lunch, and if I don’t break my fast with some light proteins and fiber, such as nuts and seeds, then my digestive system revolts within a few hours. I barely made it through the reception LOL

@stitchincarol Take care of yourself; plenty of time to get on track after your body heals. If you do decide to fast, maybe a FD500 with plenty of soup and broth could help?

Day 24 16:8 CD

My FD went fine.

@brightonbelle your Sicily trip sounds amazing. Tho I lived in Italy for a time, I never did make it to Sicily.

@funshipfreddie thanks to you! I love the articles you share here and got a couple of ideas from that one. I especially agree with the suggestion that one mindfully and slowly sit down instead of doing a gravity assisted plop. I have focused on trying to be mindful of the opposite- standing from a seated position without an arm assist and will be adding in some of those recommendations. My daily exercise regimen has a 20 minute cardio bout with the hula hoop (occasionally 30 minutes) and a 15 – 20 minute strength training round 4 or 5 days of the week. Peppering in the short items sounds like a great expansion of that. Like Dr Mosley, I balance on one leg every night when I brush my teeth (a minute per leg).

@linda.b it sounds like a lovely wedding! While I love dogs, I admit I would have been distressed if a muddy dog pawed all over my wedding dress, but the picture you painted if the event sounds like the couple were quite a bit more jolly and chill than I! Iโ€™m still sending dry weather thoughts your way, the past few days weโ€™ve been darkly overcast here (little rain tho) and it does effect my mood. Great news that your weigh-in was down!

@stitchincarol – Recovery is #1 – weight loss can wait til you are healthy again. Glad to hear you and IH doing better!

Time matches on, huh! I canโ€™t believe the end of the month is nigh! Iโ€™ll probably be MIA this weekend as we celebrate our anniversary. We are not traveling but do plan a break from the usual.

Have a good day all!

USA. day 24. FD

Pocket List โ€“ Day 24 ๐Ÿ’
    @funshipfreddie
    @5413.5
    @ccco

Hurray! one and a half pounds down today! Eating one meal a day, plus no wine during the week is working! ๐Ÿ™‚ Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Day 24 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD500 unless enough of you scold me into skipping it ๐Ÿฅฐ

Weigh in: 147.6

I am NOT happy with that weight. I would have said I ate reasonably yesterday, but the scales, by going up, say I overate. Yeah, I know it’s not actual weight that I gained, but it IS a marker of quantity, and I truly thought I’d behaved. And today’s built-in water fast is gone, as all the parents have important stuff coming up so that they didn’t want to take any chance whatsoever. Except for one, whose lesson is the first one of the day at 11:15. So I’ll go practice now (there’s a blood drive at church starting at noon, so this is my only option), go teach the lesson, go run some errands, then come home and have steamed veggies and heat up a frozen grilled chicken breast. Will I have enough RESOLVE to make that work? I’ll spend the morning working on building up my determination. Will it be enough calories? Absolutely. I’ll not get better by eating 1500 calories instead of 500. And I promise to drink lots and lots of liquids.

Actually, DH and I both feel almost entirely normal this morning. Yahoo!!!

@i-hate-lettuce Thanks for posting that link again. I am in awe at the parents’ patience while those babies are growing and getting stronger.

@penz Sometimes we simply are tripped up, huh? I look forward to hearing what great success you have on your FD rescheduled to Wednesday.

@matpi “Perform”? Like, on the organ or piano? Sure. Teach an entire day of piano lessons? Yup. The more I fast, the more I realize just how little food I need to comfortably fuel my body; my overeating has far more to do with taste and pleasure than with actual body requirements. When DH and I first began 5:2–and we always do OMAD, eating around 5 or 6–we would sleep late on Monday, go to the gym, come home and spend two or three hours working hard in the yard, and then take showers, and only then sit down, drink some more water and consider supper…and we were both entirely fine with that routine. In fact, since I’m a permanent and 40+year member of the ZBC, I’ve always played Sunday worship services on an empty stomach. Do you feel like you need food inside you to function in any sort of serious way?

@5413.5 โ€“ I second what @funshipfreddie said: “pasta/lasagna is not good FD food! almost pure carbs; no wonder you couldnโ€™t stick to one portion.” Try steamed veggies and fish or poultry cooked with zero fat in a non-stick skillet.

@funshipfreddie Thanks so much for all the interesting articles you post; I love them

@northgeorgia Nice number this morning!!

I’d like to hang around and respond to more of you, but the clock is not waiting for me, and I must get in my practicing while I can this morning. The time I spent yesterday accomplished significant improvement in four different measures of one piece; let’s see if those four measures are still improved this morning!

Have a grand one, everyone!

2nd post

what @stitchincarol said today resonates with me:

โ€˜my overeating has far more to do with taste and pleasure than with actual body requirementsโ€™

My work on this issue has been mainly to make substitutions in my meals. Like this weekend I made a delicious hamburger hash. Husband put it in a wrap as I would have done before, but I put it in a bowl with several servings of steamed veggies. Got in my veggies, ate less potatoes and red meat and no empty carbs but got ALL the flavour and a stomach filling portion. Because savory and salty flavour is my weakness it has been a fun challenge to make changes to satisfy my tastebuds while making better food choices.

Maybe someone else will find this approach helpful.

Day 24 UK NFD

Lots of wise words today , unfortunately Iโ€™m stuck in one of those ruts where I KNOW what I should be doing , DOING it is a different matter ,Ah well fasting tomorrow to aim to shake myself up

USA. Day 24. FD

I feel for everyone’s ruts and difficulties. I keep falling into that mode, too. and then wind up putting back on some of the weight I lost. Sometimes I feel like I am on a roller coaster. Realistically I should have lost all the weight by now! If nothing else, though, I am tenacious! I am with you all! ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 24 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

I am back from Andalucia. There was a heat wave with temperatures in the high 30’s and low 40’s which is unusual, even for Sevilla, in May. We had to adapt to Spanish way of life with siestas every afternoon and late dinners. Keeping cool was easy in our air conditioned hotels but as we had a lot of travelling around cities and train travel, the heat was brutal. I was fine, but my friend who is 68 really suffered with the heat and swelling in her legs and ankles ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

But it was a great holiday. I love Spain, and I have persuaded DH that we simply must visit Espana later this year ( and DH is definitely my favourite travelling companion for these trips โ˜บ๏ธ).

Ate and drank without a thought, lots of walking despite that heat…I was astounded to see that it looked line I had lost weight this morning. I hope my scales batteries are not going…I will check tomorrow and hopefully they don’t whoosh up a god forsakes amount of pounds.

Back to work tomorrow and my first FD in two weeks. Hi to all. Talk in the morning.

Day 25, FD, Aus

Your statement โ€œmy overeating has far more to do with taste and pleasure than with actual body requirementsโ€ resonated with a few of us, @stitchincarol. So true, and after the brief joy of eating, whatโ€™s left? A feeling of overfullness and regret. Not worth it!! (I need to remind myself of this often.)

Your joy at the lovely wedding, FD and your scales is shining through @linda_b.

Yay for your post-travel results @daffodil2010 โ€“ a perfect holiday! (Except maybe for the extreme heat.)

Day 24 Ohio, US — NFD

Today things are progressing back to normal: Did 10 minutes of yoga (up from 5 minutes last time) and got my 30 minute walk in. Eating has stayed on track.

@penz and @stitchincarol Overeating based on taste and pleasure reminds me of the “Three Bite Rule:” When you encounter luxuriant dishes, just take 3 bites: One bite to say “hello”, one bite to savor the flavor, and one bite to say “goodbye.” With each bite, chew slowly and really enjoy the flavors, textures, etc. Someplace I’ve read that Victoria Beckham follows this rule. This sounds like a really good strategy, but everytime I’ve tried it, my 3 bites have turned into 30. Has anyone had success with this rule?

@daffodil2010 What a great stay in Spain! I’m partial to Madrid, but really need to spend more time in Andalucia. I’m especially interested in the mathematics of Moorish architecture. A lot of their buildings are mathematics expressed as beauty.

@brightonbelle Our ups and downs keeping with weight control reminds me of a poem I wrote in high school:
    “Would” could if it should,
    “Should” would if it could.
    “Could” should if it would,

I often ask myself which one am I today?

@stitchincarol I’m impressed that you can do so much while fasting! If I go too long without some food, I experience a big energy drain. That’s why I use “mini-meals”of about 130 calories on my fast days. They seem to keep me going within the larger fast day.

Day 25 โ€“ Wednesday -Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“ NFD ๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜

Good morning everyone….late today; things are very busy here this morning with painter come to paint the water-stained ceiling in the walk-in-robe after the roofer fixed the cracked tile that created the leak from the YOU KNOW WHAT! ๐ŸŒง๐ŸŒง๐ŸŒง๐ŸŒงโ˜”โ˜”โ˜”โ˜”โ˜”

But GOOD NEWS! The sun came out today; first time in weeks! Hallelujah! At first wasn’t quite sure what that strange yellow ball in sky was but it was the ๐ŸŒžโ˜€๐ŸŒž

Now the BAD NEWS! Weather report is that tomorrow will be VERY HEAVY RAIN…. AGAIN! Good grief. My daughter says it’s only rained twice this year …once for 69 days and now for 52 days and counting! ha ha!๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ

@funshipfreddie really liked that link to the LITTLE EXERCISES, thank you. Now I only have to apply myself to doing them! I’m thinking about it though… the first step.

I can’t chat today but happy to report scale stayed the same…. very happy with that. Tomorrow is (for me) second last FUN DAY (FD) for NURTURING MAY.

cheerie dearies

Possibility and opportunity exist on the other side of your comfort zone ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜

Day 25 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – FD

Well, my FitIndex scales which showed a happy loss yesterday and greeted me with a triumphant sound on my FitIndex app…..today, not so good. I am up a few pounds so it could be post air travel, plus lashings of hot buttered toast yesterday (why??), so determined today’s FD will be a great one.

1.5 litres water already consumed, some ACV, it’s ZBC for the first time in two weeks. I have a small Oatbran bread (home made) with chicken for lunch, and tonight will be the bone broth from said chicken, with maybe some chicken meat thrown in.

@matpi The moorish architecture was fabulous. We visited the Alhambra in Granada, the Mezquita in Cรณrdoba and the Alcazar in Sevilla, and the buildings were astounding. My two friends are number crunchers so they loved the mathematics involved to build such beauty.

@linda.b Oooh that rain sounds terrible. Hopefully it’s nearing the end?

Best of luck all Wednesday hump day fasters ๐Ÿซ
    @daffodil2010

Day 25 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Full mornings work in the garden yesterday, a work out in itself! Lots of pruning done, some of the shrubs were getting very bushy indeed, so set to and had a good workout.

@funshipfreddie – Interesting about exercise and not necessarily needing to do a lot, just little and often. I’ve found, like yesterday, if you’re busy and go about things enthusiastically or with purpose, it’s surprising how many steps you put in or the number of calories used. Which is why I’m not dumping my fitbit either, it’s good to see just how busy you’ve been. As for exercise, we haven’t been doing as many long walks this last year or so, but if we feel the need for exercise just head out on a short MOAM walk. Also taken up planking again a while ago, great for bad weather days and ‘sea days’, between 5:2 and regular exercise been maintaining quite easily with the occasional pound lost.

Mindfulness and willpower also helps, but have particularly found I like where I am nowadays, which makes it easier, no longer have to feed the ‘Inner warthog’, I am in control at last!

Take care all

Day 25 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

@daffodil2010 – welcome back!

@i-hate-lettuce – yes, it really is surprising how those steps add up, & it’s nice to see the number on the little screen. Although I can imagine how some people could become a bit obsessed with it. I had to de-activate the hourly reminder thingy on x amount of steps per hour because it was getting on my nerves. And I no longer obsess over 10,000 steps, but aim for 8500 – 9000. I’ve also got a couple of small 3 kg weights I use when I’m catching up on my steps. Just maybe 5 minutes of curls etc but it makes a difference.

Adding @penz to the Hump Day ๐Ÿซ pocket list & sending RESOLVE! ๐ŸŽฏ

Pocket List – Day 25 ๐Ÿ‹
    @penz
    @daffodil2010

Day 25 UK Liverpool
    Rainy here today- not as much as poor old Queensland
    Sorry re your weather- itโ€™s tough with the flooding
    Lost weight down to 89.55
    Thanks for your help re dinner- you are right re choices

Day 25 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 214 lbs. Well, I went a little overboard yesterday, mostly due to the insistence that I take pasta salad and bread pudding from an event my mother went to last weekend. Only small portions remain (thank goodness)!

Anyway, today should be my last FD of the week (WFD) and I’ll likely not do an OMAD tomorrow because lunch is a worker retirement event, and I need to break my fast with some nuts tomorrow morning to keep my stomach from having a revolution at the restaurant ๐Ÿ™‚

Pocket List โ€“ Day 25 ๐Ÿ‹
    @penz
    @daffodil2010
    @northgeorgia

Day 25 โ€“ Wednesday -Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“ NFD ๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜ 2nd post

It’s after 9.00pm and did a quick chick check in to the osprey live cam and, at last, she wasn’t sitting on the chicks………… she (assuming it was she) was feeding the chicks…. three of them and still another egg to hatch. Melts ya’ heart ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿงกโค

USA. Day 25. FD

@penz
    @daffodil2010
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco

My weight has stabilized at 120 lbs. I am hoping to lose another 5 lbs., if only I could stop drinking wine at the end of the day. It is so great for unwinding but I wish I could find an alternative.

Welcome back, Daffodil2010. I wish I could get up some nerve to travel but Covid still looms. My sister, her husband, son, daughter and son-in-law are traveling to Ireland this Summer to visit some family and have fun. The U.S. has Ireland on its stage 3 level for travel due to higher levels of Covid in the country. It seems it never ends but my sister is willing to take the risk. She has travelled a couple of times before safely, so I am encouraged this will be safe, too. Spain sounded so enticing. Glad you had a great time.

Have a great day, everyone. Mine will include much exercise babysitting my granddaughter, Ivy! ๐Ÿค—

Day 25 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD, perhaps

weight: 150.0

Yup. Ugly number, huh? Yesterday’s FD most emphatically was not. @i-hate-lettuce, I’ve begun to wonder if the reason you’re no longer troubled by your inner warthog is because that demon somehow traveled across the Atlantic and has taken up residence with me.

So I’m going to try (yup, I’m using the forbidden word) a FD today, but mostly I’m going to focus on getting ready for the hymn fest tomorrow. DH and I host an after glow for the choir, so today I’m making a smoked salmon cheesecake and a Tarte au soleil with pesto (it will just sit in the fridge and get baked tomorrow). Then I’m cleaning up the kitchen’s mess–not the dirt, just the mess–and tidying the rest of the house (so my cleaning lady has cleared surfaces to clean). And all that has to be accomplished in five hours.

After that, I’ll go to church and do several hours of practice, and that’s why a FD has a chance of success, because I’ll be gone during the tough hours of the afternoon. But I’ve much to do, so must scoot. Hugs to you all!

Day 25 – FD 800

I do enjoy catching up here on everyoneโ€™s days, progress and challenges every morning with my coffee. I havenโ€™t much to say today, but am thinking of you all.

@penz
    @daffodil2010
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco
    @mariaelena

Day 26, FD, Aus

Argh. Yesterday’s planned FD didn’t. My fault for changing my usual routine and kidding myself that a day working from home could be temptation-free. So, it’s Thursday today, I’m in the office, and a FD it shall be.

Day 25 Ohio, US — NFD

A quiet day with just an acupuncture treatment for allergies.

@stitchincarol Hope the FD is going well!

@ccco My nemesis is winding down at the end of the day having toast with honey on it. Probably in the same league as wine!

@5413 Great job with getting the weight down!

@linda.b Wow! You all are really getting soaked! Here we’ve had 22 inches of rain in the first 22 days of May, more than three times the normal. But that’s nothing like what you are getting!

Day 26 โ€“ Thursday – Gold Coast Queensland Australia FUN DAY (FD)๐ŸŒค๐ŸŒค๐ŸŒค๐ŸŒžโ˜€๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž

Didn’t set the alarm this morning… what was the point because weather report had predicted very heavy rain, again. Obviously not good walking weather. But woke up to blue sky and sunshine! Urhhh? But was too late to go plodding as busy day with work.
    It’s now midday and still no rain, a few clouds building. Maybe at the end of the day, if it is still not raining, I will find time to go for a walk. I’m really missing my walking.
    However, new weather report says rain will be here again tomorrow… what to believe? Just wait and see, hey?

Nevertheless, very happily have opened every window and door while the sun is shining to air the house at last but keeping an eagle-eye on the sky in case it closes in quickly again.

Today? Another FUN DAY… second last for me for NURTURING MAY… am sticking to the plan with loads of veg ie mushrooms, broccoli, carrots, tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, capsicum, lettuce and salad veg etc etc with spritz of balsalmic and olive oil. yum yum yum.๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคฉ

@matpi I’m with you on this, mini-meals of about 130 calories on fast days keep me on track and avert me from going off track. Easy if you have it all to hand and ready to eat. I think @stitchincarol called it ‘ridiculously big salad’ and it definitely works for me on FUN DAYS and other days as well. I just couldn’t contemplate OMADs or WFDs or LFDs… this gal has to eat! Consistency and โ€œpoco a pocoโ€ โ€“ little by little, bit by bit, slowly, gradually has paid off for me.
    Deprivation would only lead me down the rabbit hole of going off track and EFS โ€“ Epic Face Stuffing! So I eat every day and often! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿฅฐ

@ccco re the wine…. was an issue for me too as, at the end of the day, I really looked forward to a glass of wine as a ritual to welcome in the evening and then more as we cooked dinner, ate dinner etc. Truly, an ingrained habit in my life with my ex. I’m single again now so don’t have that need to share those moments with the other. So, my answer to this was to resolve that I would stop drinking, at least, during my Intermittent Fasting regime until I arrive at my goal weight and then review my relationship with alcohol then. So, I have actually been able to commit to that. It was difficult at first as was such an entrenched habit. What did I do? Every early evening at the end of work, I fill a large crystal wine glass with ice to the brim, add a slice of lime or lemon, then fill with water. So as the day is closing, I am still sipping on my lovely wine glass and, do you know that after a few weeks, I found I didn’t miss the actual wine at all. Who’d a thought? Ok, there were certainly moments as with all old habits that I would have liked to have a wine but a promise is a promise (to myself) and I’ve stuck to it without any real dramas. They say it takes two weeks to make a habit and two days to break it. I’m happy to say I haven’t broken it. The benefits have been obvious. Less calories every day, clearer skin, feeling fitter and more energy to do stuff as when you settle down with a glass of wine you tend to stop doing other things. When I go out, I follow the same ie wine glass topped with ice, lime and water and, funny thing, no-one has even noticed I’m not drinking wine with them. Extraordinary!
    Ok, it was hard but not impossible! Like our FDs, as we often need to decide not to have some food or other as we know we can simply defer and have it another day. Same, for me, with the wine. I know when I reach my goal I can decide whether to have it or not…. truly a new healthier relationship with wine is evolving for me.

@i hate lettuce – she was off the nest in the (your) night and I could see the chicks all huddled up together and the last egg is broken. the chicks are so close together I can’t count their heads more than three. I hope the (4th) last one just hatched hasn’t been thrown out or eaten.

Hope all your FDs are going well.

cheerie dearies

As @stichincarol said โ€œYou are far too smart to be the only thing standing in your way.โ€

Day 26, Germany, FD
    Day 23-25 NFD

Pocket list – Day 26
    @penz
    @linda.b
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 26 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

Such a busy day in work and was tempted to buy a bottle of wine on the way home, but didn’t. So ended up following my FD plan and feeling the better for it today. Will be a CD today, and tomorrow I can have that wine if I like. ๐Ÿ˜„

@ccco my sister and her two kids are coming back to Ireland this summer from the states for the first time in three years. I didn’t know Ireland was at a high level in the US, sure at this stage it’s hard to know what it’s like in different parts of the world. In Ireland we are practically restriction free, when we flew to Spain we had to wear masks on the plane going over, but that rule had been dropped when flying home (I still wore mine).

My scales are playing up in the bathroom, one minute it’s a nice figure, the next it’s an oh dear figure…guess I will need to change the batteries.

Has anybody noticed the amount of swallows and swifts and martins there seem to be already? Much more than recent years. So good to see this summer sight.

Have a great Thursday. I won’t be fasting per se but I will be mindful.

Day 26 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Timed to perfection, work in the garden yesterday, finished off early evening with lawn fertiliser. The forecast was for rain this morning, glad they were right for once, we hit a dry spell after today ๐Ÿ˜‰

@linda.b – don’t worry about the broken egg, there were only three and all chicks accounted for ๐Ÿ™‚
    @daffodil2010 – plenty of swallows and martins here, but no sign of swifts yet, they’re seldom here before 1st June for some reason?

Had planned a few days fishing, but other things have got in the way, might try tomorrow.

Take care all.

Pocket list โ€“ Day 26
    @penz
    @linda.b
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 26 UK NFD

Missed posting yesterday as been wallowing in self absorbed pity/disgust , but itโ€™s a new day and Iโ€™ve pulled up my big girl pants and have a new determination to stop moaning and DO something about it , going to be tricky as I go on holiday at the weekend but Iโ€™m going to set some new – long term goals and when I go on my holidays next summer , it will be the lighter version

Day 26 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

@ccco – wine. That’s the thorn in my side too right now; the reason I’m currently doing 4:3. If I stopped with the nightly ๐Ÿท I know the weight would just disappear. But I keep buying it. And drinking it. But I’m working on it, just need to get my head in the right place. I’m currently reading ‘We Are the Luckiest: The Surprising Magic of a Sober Life’. And then I’ve got a couple of other books lined up; I just know one of them will work! ๐Ÿ˜… When I run out of books I’ll just have to write my own. I managed 7 months booze-free in 2019 after reading Allen Carr’s ‘Easy Way to Control Alcohol’. Why oh why did I start again? I’m so mad at myself ๐Ÿ˜’.

@matpi – Toast with honey – I really don’t think it’s in the same league as wine. No-one ever got a hangover from that ๐Ÿ˜‚

But I can’t possibly fast today. I’m mourning the loss of my Kindle ๐Ÿ˜ข. It was fine when I went to sleep, but this morning – kaput!? I’ve tried everything short of throwing it against a wall. But I’m not giving up. A friend has recommended one of those cell-phone repair places. Luckily I can still access my books with the Kindle app on my phone, but it’s just not the same ๐Ÿค”

@brightonbelle – Yes! I’m rooting for you ๐Ÿ’ช

“Never, never, never give up.” ~ Winston Churchill

Day26 a grey overcast Manchester
    FD

Lost some – 89.35kg 14stone 1
    Funshipfreddie you did so well with avoiding booze for 7 months- you can do it again.
    Thanks to all for this forum it really is a blessing

Day 26 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 211 lbs. Well, yay! The overall curve continues to head downward. I know I’ll gain a bit back over the next few days, but I do plan to fast again this upcoming holiday weekend, probably on Sunday then next on Wednesday, which will be June 1. That means the first of June should be at or close to my max weight for next month (as it’s supposed to be!). I should break the 200/210 barrier again sometime in the next two weeks, and hopefully get firmly into the 200s by the end of next month.

Well, I’ll reflect more later. Have a great Thursday!

Day 26 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

The day has come, those tricky measures that have so been troubling me have been conquered, and my weight was 148.8 this morning. It’s so sad when an ugly number is lovely because it’s not as ugly as yesterday’s!! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

My usual concert-day routine is to fast–this is a concert thing, not a 5:2 thing–and then eat a small amount of protein around 3 or 4. DH and I have an afterglow party for the singers, however, and then I’ll finally get to taste that smoked salmon cheesecake and the tarte du soleil with pesto…I’m looking forward to them!

And tomorrow? Tomorrow I start my 5:2 routine again, doing it faithfully, and work at getting the scale back down the 8lbs I’ve gained and then down a few more.

Is someone planning to host May? We’re getting close!

Day 26 UK NFD

Hello May Challengers! After a few months in the wilderness I’m jumping in to join you from tomorrow – because if I wait til June I’ll just keep putting it off.

I’m F57 London, UK. I gained weight in three tranches: when significant health issues restricted energy & mobility, with stopping smoking and with menopause. I joined the Dec 2017 challenge and over the next 9 months went from 182lb to 142lb – it felt slow at the time but looking back at my tracker it was mostly linear and just worked! I fell off the waggon at the end of 2018 after a friend died suddenly and then struggled to get back on. I caught covid in Feb 2020 and have lived with long covid ever since – mainly ME-type fatigue, dysautonomia, POTS, peripheral neuropathy and cognitive impairment – on top of my previous health issues. Then my DD was diagnosed with breast cancer at the end of last year.

I started back here in January 2022 weighing 186lb and lost 8lbs in the first month but didn’t have the focus or motivation to stick to it. I’ve spent the last 4 months intending to eat better but just about getting by, wandering in the wilderness and with plenty of emotional eating!

So I’m jumping back in to join you without waiting for June, weighing 186lb and with a goal of 146lb. I know this WOL works because i’ve done it – and can see my previous results in my tracker. I’ll begin tomorrow with 4 x FD800 and some careful planning for the way ahead. I know I will have more energy, think more clearly and feel better on 5:2 so what’s not to love?

SO looking forward to catching up with lovely old friends and getting to know new ones xx

USA. Day 26. FD

Again, my FD went well, except for the wine! FUNSHIPFREDDIE, when you find the answer to the wine, please share! LOL

Adding myself to today’s pocket list,

Pocket list โ€“ Day 26
    @penz
    @linda.b
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @ccco

Have a great day, everyone! ๐Ÿ™‚

USA. Day 26. FD

@daffodil2010, I updated my sister about how things are going in Ireland re Covid, as per your info. I hope that helps her. Even here, going from one state to another regarding Covid restrictions, can be so different, as I observed driving all the way to Florida for my brother’s funeral. Georgia was definitely not good as we could not even enter restaurants. Their doors were locked but they would hand out your order, so you could eat in your car. Where I am living, people are acting like there is no pandemic yet, despite being vaccinated, I know quite a few people who have tested positive. It’s amazing!!

USA. Day 26. FD

Welcome back, Michelinme. I remember you back in 2017! Seems a long time ago, now. Good luck! ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 26 16:8 CD

Yesterday went pretty ok, may have been closer to 1000 cal than 800 but it was all healthy (broth lunch, salad and small baked potato for dinner) so Iโ€™m not gonna berate myself. I had a sinus headache all day and a throbbing muscle knot in my shoulder in the evening, so I did my best while feeling less than well.

This weekend (as we celebrate our anniversary) will a bit of free eating, tho I intend to make good choices and moderate portions. On todayโ€™s menu, homemade falafel- an experiment as Iโ€™ve not made it before. I also have the ingredients for a couple of special things for this weekend, some key lime cheesecake bites (a very special favourite of my husband) and some margarita sorbet. I will enjoy those while hopefully maintaining portion control. I specifically use โ€˜hopeโ€™ – Iโ€™m not going to be too strict on myself, and enjoy this weekend.

Donโ€™t know if Iโ€™ll be checking in or not, so wishing all a happy weekend!

Day 27, NFD, Aus

A little bit of PFDS this morning. Again, not my usual LFD but Iโ€™m confident it was under 500 calories. Very slowly staying on that wagon Iโ€™ve clambered back on to.

Hang in there, @brightonbelle. Weโ€™ve all been there and you CAN do it!

Oh no @funshipfreddie!! The loss of a Kindle is definitely something to mourn. Mine died years ago but I know have an 8โ€ tablet with the Kindle app which is much easier (tho I have to admit the Kindle โ€˜pageโ€™ was easier on the eye than the tablet, but I like having everything else available to me on the same device). Cross fingers yours is just sulking and will be right as rain in time for the weekend.

@funshipfreddie, @ccco โ€“ Iโ€™m with you in the daily battle with the demon drink. I do feel so much better the morning after a FD when Iโ€™ve abstained and I need to remind myself that wonderful feeling could be there every morning if I chose!

Where is @flourbaby?!

@stitchincarol, I canโ€™t quite get my head around the concept of a smoked salmon cheesecake. To my mind, a cheesecake is a sweet dessert! With salmon!?

Nice to see you back @michelinme.

Happy anniversary weekend @mariaelena โ€“ did you tell us how many years youโ€™re celebrating?

Have a great weekend everyone.

Day 26 Ohio, US — MFD

Fasting has gone well today, but I just realized that I’m running out of steam, so am posting early.

@mariaelena Congratulations on your anniversary! A margarita sorbet sounds spectacular! Do you coat the edge of the dish with salt? ๐Ÿ˜‰

@ccco Here also every thing seems back to normal and people are ignoring the Covid elephant in the room. According the Johns Hopkins website the rate of community transmission is moderate and yet not many people are wearing masks.

@michelinme Welcome back! Like you, I had success with this WOL and then went off the rails for a while. Perhaps you remember me from 2017. I came back on line towards the end of March and am slowly making progress.

@stitchincarol Hope the concert was a real success! And the after-party lots of fun!

@funshipfreddie It’s sad when an electronic device dies. I have a box that I call my “Graveyard of Ghostly Electronics” that I put my devices when they die. The idea is that they are there until I go through the work of wiping their memories so that they can be recycled. The problem is that I never get around to doing that ๐Ÿ™

Pocket list โ€“ Day 26
    @penz
    @linda.b
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @ccco
    @matpi

Day 27 โ€“ Fridayโ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia -(NFD) ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒบ

Good morning gals and pals!

Gosh, here we are again nearly at the end of the month with only days to go. Up to now there are 339 posts for NURTURING MAY which demonstrates the strength we receive from each other as we navigate the path to healthier, happier us. ๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ† Medals to each of you for staying the course!
    So we are on the homeward run with, for me, one more FUN DAY (FD) on Monday. How about you?

Just a little ‘shout out’to a few of you (so many of us making it impossible to respond to everyone every day!)

@brightonbelle – please go on your much awaited holiday and enjoy it without giving the IF another thought! Don’t be so hard on yourself; we’ll all be here to support you when you return refreshed and motivated with lovely tales of your holiday! Life is too short, so don’t spoil your holiday with regrets. The nice thing about IF is that you can defer and then come back again. Enjoy enjoy enjoy! ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒป

@stitchincarol – hope the concert was just sensational and the afterglow party a success too with the tart and smoked salmon cheesecake. It’s just amazing you recovered so quickly from C…d to perform… You’re a starโญโญ You’re always so busy and with so many interesting social events happening; I want live in your village!๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’

@michelinme – welcome back from the wilderness๐ŸŒผ. I think most of us have also been here before (recidivists all!๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿ˜ต) and now learnt the hard lesson that, once we achieve our goals, the only way to sustain is to continue with the WOL maintenance. Obviously easier said than done as we all know!๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ช. Life certainly has been throwing a lot of very unfair curveballs at you and yours…… and it must be taking a high toll on your inner strength and emotional eating is absolutely very understandable. You’ll find the support you need here!

@mariaelena โ€“ anniversary this weekend! Congratulations to you both! Hope you have the best time ever! ๐Ÿคฉ๐ŸŒŸโญโญ๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒŸ

@penz โ€“ under 500 cals? You just rock on Lady! Fantastic effort!๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ’

@matpi – “Graveyard of Ghostly Electronicsโ€? Hilarious! I definitely have that box in my office too! One day (ha ha) I will wipe out their memories… just when that day is I don’t know! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Have a great weekend folks!

cheerie dearies

โ€œpoco a pocoโ€ โ€“ little by little, bit by bit, slowly, gradually

Day 27, Germany, NFD

@brightonbelle Try not to worry so much about weight issues while on holiday, holidays are there to be enjoyed. You’re in Sicily, just try to eat healthy mediterranean food.

@michelinme Welcome back!

@stitchincarol I hope you had a wonderful evening!

@mariaelena Happy anniversary weekend!

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 27 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

Happy anniversary weekend @mariaelena
    Enjoy Sicily @brightonbelle, this WOL is always here after a good holiday.

@funshipfreddie, @penz, and @ccco…with you guys on the wine…I have not taken any since I came back from my holiday on Tuesday BUT every night the dragon has been whispering in my ear to gave a drop….luckily all we have us spirits in the house (dozens of bottles of various brands, hues, and strengths), plus Guinness and other beers….so none have tempted me. If there had been wine lurking I might have cracked ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

It’s a beautiful day. DH has booked a Hot Box session for us tomorrow morning….it’s a wooden “box” by the local River Boyne where you use the plunge pool and the sauna then straight into the River Boyne to cool down. Very Scandinavian, should be good for muscles and shock therapy in the Boyne ๐Ÿ˜„

Have a lovely weekend.

Day 27 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – FD

@michelinme – welcome back!

@penz – My Kindle – it’s still sulking, or unconscious. Not quite dead anyway. Maybe I should get a tablet. My Acer Chrome book is a bit older than the Kindle, so if that goes kaput I’ll be able to start my own Graveyard of Ghostly Electronics. Can’t help wondering if they deliberately make things inferior these days so that we have to replace them more frequently.

Happy Anniversary @mariaelena ๐Ÿ’ž

This article was quite interesting; 7 simple habits that can almost halve one’s risk of dementia:-
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-10854827/Seven-habits-linked-lower-risk-dementia-genetic-risk-study.html

Happy Fri-yay! ๐Ÿท

Pocket List – Day 27 ๐Ÿ“
    @funshipfreddie

Day 27 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Weigh in day today and bang on maintenance weight! Despite holiday munchies last week, got home, 2 FD’s this week, no EFS day, zero alcohol and any holiday damage done has been undone.

Re wine etc, we just stopped buying things that were a temptation for quite some time, I knew I needed to stop feeding my Inner Warthog (food or wine dragon for some) It took some while, but a lot of willpower, that thing that some days has all the strength of a tread of knotted cotton!
    It’s taken some time to get my habits/brain cells to be in control, but am there now. We’ve been away a few times this year and discovered on holiday some fabulous wines, so we risked buying a few. We limit ourselves to a bottle a week when at home and it works for us, just have to get the head round it.

@funshipfreddie – Re kindle, mine ‘died’ a few weeks ago, didn’t want to charge up met by a blank screen a few times. Turned it off, got the original charger and left it charging overnight and it’s sorted! Seems that using different chargers is not a good idea? They may provide reduced similar voltage but the amps can differ a lot and affects the battery memory, might be worth a shot, I was going to replace mine but it’s ‘back to normal’ since I use the original charger.

@daffodil2010 – I finish off a shower with the water turned onto coldest setting for a minute, doesn’t half refresh ๐Ÿ˜‰

Take care all

Day 27 UK NFD

What a wonderful supportive group this is ๐Ÿ’ช

Off on holiday tomorrow , see you all in around 3 weeks ๐Ÿ‘‹

Day 27 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 214 lbs. Yesterday’s luncheon went very well; had a good send-off for our retiree! I’m thinking Sunday may be my next FD.

Got to run.

Day 27 โ€“ Fridayโ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia -(NFD) ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒน๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒป๐ŸŒบ – 2nd post

Just finishing up some work, it’s Friday night at 9.00pm and enough for today.

But just had to look in on the chicks before I close off.

Both parents are there and shredding a trout and feeding the 3 little chicks. Ahhh, so cute!

Day 27 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

Weigh in: 147.0

That number startled me! I ate enough last night at the afterglow that I was sure it was going to be much higher, so it was a thoroughly pleasant surprise. And the hymn fest went well, and I’m so delighted to have done it, and more delighted to be done with it, LOL. No more practicing for two-plus hours every day!

@michelinme What a joy to have back with us! And how is your DD doing? Is she done with her chemo yet?

@mariaelena Happy anniversary, and I do hope your sinus headache and muscle knot have gone away as quickly as they appeared!

@penz Yeah, a savory cheesecake sounds odd…but everyone was equally surprised and thrilled by it. Google it sometime; it’s an Emeril Lagasse recipe, and while it took some fussing to put it together, the advantage is that it’s made the day ahead.

@linda.b Yeah, when I tested positive last week, my first thought was how it was going to affect the hymn fest, so I was deeply thankful I had it mildly.

@daffodil2010 Your hot box session tomorrow sounds so wonderful!

@funshipfreddie As someone who reads daily on my Kindle, you have my deep sympathy!! For the record, however, I still miss my Nook. The advantage is that you simply click on the edge–either edge, right or left, high to go back a page and low to go forward a page–so when my fingers wander onto the screen, I don’t accidentally change my page. I wish the click feature was an option on Kindles.

@brightonbelle Have a grand time!

I’ll ask again: anyone willing to host June?

Okay, I’m off to play. I’m going to weed in my garden, I’m going to wander into my sewing room, and I’m going to run a few errands. Sounds dull, but is exactly what I haven’t had time–or the freedom, because of Covid–to do for several weeks, so it sounds great fun to me! Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 27 UK FD

First FD since March and it’ll be the first of 4 x FD800 to get me off to a good start. I’ve weighed and measured and entered my details on tracker. Pleased to realise I’m *only* 5lbs up and still 2″ smaller than when I restarted in January. This is where I begin- the best is yet to come.

@ccco @penz @snowflake56 @linda.b @funshipfreddie – thanks so much for your warm welcome back and encouragement!

@matpi – Well done returning! I’m so glad to have your company in restarting here again. I will follow you down and we can make slow progress together ๐Ÿ™‚

@stitchincarol thank you! DD is now 6/12 into chemo and just a few weeks to go. Then a couple of weeks of tests before surgery, radiotherapy and tablet chemo. it’s a really long haul and she is amazing

@brightonbelle – buona vacanza!

If there aren’t any other volunteers I can host June! It’ll keep me on track. it’s a bit of a full month this end but I know once i’ve started it off you’ll jump in and be wonderfully self-sufficient.

Day 27 Jamaica!! NFD

Just checking in to say I am alive and well, trying not to overeat but whewโ€ฆ it is hard! The restaurants all have wonderful food with meals that include appetizers and dessert. How do you say no to most interesting sounding concoctions??! Also, the wine and alcohol flow very freely here. I am avoiding the sweet โ€œBob Marleyโ€ and โ€œMiami Viceโ€ types of drinks mostly because I donโ€™t care for the sweetness of them. But other mixed beverages and wine are just as available.

Our room even has a scale! Lucky me, so far only up 2 pounds. Will see how it ompared with our home scale, but it seems pretty much the same.

Weather has been amazing, I am only slightly sun burned, but feeling great. We fly back to Chicago on Monday.

Hugs to you all!

onward and downward.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 396 total)

You must be logged in to reply.