Nurturing May 2022 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Nurturing May 2022 Challenge

This topic contains 387 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 396 total)

• Day 19 UK Fast

Good morning

9.50 kg

“once more unto the breach dear friends, once more”… or in this case unto a fast;
    my excuse …got home late from work and ended up feeding starving throng by making steak and chips and a salad and eating far too much of it ; or is it because i used much oil to make the home-made chips and to fry the steak? Or was it because I had a snack before I started eating! anyway, fast today – 600 cals. Soup for lunch. making chicken /cous cous tonight – just RESOLVE not to eat not very much of it!

Day 19 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 217 lbs. Yes, not a great number, but on the way to a reset. Only a 2 lb gain over yesterday. My temporary goal is to get my “high days” back to under 215, and my “low days” to around 210. If I can accomplish that, then I can return to thoughts of the 200s. My plan is to start doing ZBCs on all NFDs where I’m not breaking a fast (I find I do need a few simple protein/fats from a handful of nuts to restart my system after a WFD, or else I risk my stomach rebelling over the simplest foods), and to think about all the Fung-based ideas that helped me over the 2021 plateau. Sugar is a monster that always creeps back in. That thing needs to be kept caged and enjoyed from a distance!

Pocket list for Thursday
    @linda.b
    @northgeorgia
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle

Day 19 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

I’ve been eating mindfully all week and each morning the weight is a little lower. But, at 147.2, it’s not at all LOW, so I have work to do.

DH and I are still up in the air as to whether we test positive or not. Yesterday, I did, he didn’t. But there were issues with the results, and I don’t believe that one of us does and one doesn’t with the same symptoms. I’m testing again shortly. Regardless, the CDC (Center for Disease Control) says I can leave isolation on Sunday morning assuming I’m feeling better by then, which I think I can say I’m already feeling a bit better this morning.

So much up in the air…

Day 19 – 16:8 CD

Same old things going on here. Yesterday FD went easy.

My youngest niece graduates HS tonight, hard for me to believe.

The outdoor kittens from last summer/fall have grown up and we don’t see so much of them anymore. But one of them, the friendliest, is definitely tiny compared to his brothers. I noticed he barely eats and I’m wondering if he has a problem with a tooth. I have started putting down some soft food for him and he’s digging in, so maybe that is it.

My legs are oh so sore – it is obvious I have been avoiding weight exercise for far too long. Trying to stay on track now.

Your holidays all sound wonderful, and still keeping good healthy thoughts headed to @stitchincarol. @penz, I’m so glad you are happy at the new job.

Off to meet the day!

Day 19 – South Africa πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦ – NFD

No fasting for me today. Deja vu from this time last week, when I didn’t sleep so well Wednesday night. If I don’t get at least 7 hours I’m fit for nothing. So I’ll be on the list tomorrow.

Sending RESOLVE to the Thursday fasters 🎯

Pocket list for Thursday πŸ‰
    @linda.b
    @northgeorgia
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @5413.5

Day 20 – Friday – Gold Coast Queensland Australia – NFD 🌸🌻🌺🌼🌷

Friday, another week gone! For me, just three FUN DAYS (FD) left till the end of the month. My, how fast NURTURING MAY has flown, just fluttered by πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹!
    Yesterday (FUN DAY) was absolutely chaotic work wise and didn’t throw in the towel until after midnight and up early this morning to slay some more dragons today! So quite tired and need to put in a BIG work effort today to try to get on top of my caseload.

Won’t ramble on, but good vibes to all those with COVID and other challenges and wishing you all improvement today and over the weekend. 😍πŸ₯°πŸ€—
    And, all those on holidays and about to go on holidays, enjoy enjoy enjoy!🀩🀩

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

cheerie dearies

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the ones most responsive to change.” – Darwin (and congratulations to all of us as we are COMMITTED to change!β™₯β™₯β™₯)

Day 20, NFD, Aus

Cross fingers the sun comes out to shine on the bride this weekend, @linda.b. (And congrats on the scale shift – just in time for the wedding!)

We have two dogs – our younger one (15 months old) still gets called the puppy (in comparison with our 3 yo boy). Tho she probably deserves the title as she is being very slow to mature. (She’s a Cattle Dog who typically don’t have a long adolescence – she’s the exception to the rule!) It was funny this morning. OH was missing a sock and blamed the pup; I had to confess that the sock was on the floor so I put it in the laundry basket.

Have a very busy social weekend planned. Think the good ol’ egg fast might be on the menu next week to compensate.

GL for your FD today @funshipfreddie and wishing you sweet dreams and a long sleep tonight.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Day 20, Germany, FD800

Just a quick post today as we’re off for the weekend.

@brightonbelle I can relate to that, it’s not encouraging. I don’t like terribly lit dressing rooms where you can see very flaw your body has. I’m glad the mirrors I have at home aren’t that harsh. You’re not doing that bad, you even managed to keep the same weight after being away for a week.

@stitchincarol I hope both of you keep getting negative results!

Pocket list – Day 20
    @funshipfreddie
    @snowflake56

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Day 20 – Glen Einich Cairngorm mountains – NFD

Good morning everyone

Continuing to enjoy the mountain air, the scenery and the walks, been coming to this area for almost 50 years now, never tire of it, fabulous.

Easy to manage FD’s when you’re out all day having walked miles and don’t have anything to eat after 7pm. Pretty sure I won’t have done any damage when I get home and check the scales.

T’internet rather slow here so haven’t been on our local Osprey cam for the last week, should be due to hatch anytime soon.

Take care all.

Day 20 – Friday – Gold Coast Queensland Australia – NFD 🌸🌻🌺🌼🌷 2nd post

@i hate lettuce – I’ve been watching them a lot. She (?) just flew off for about 30 seconds before returning and I could see the three eggs quite clearly. He(?) landed and was just standing there on the side of the next. She(?) seems quite agitated at the moment (was squealing at him) so maybe something is about to happen. Or maybe she wants him to get her some food!πŸ¦…πŸ¦…πŸ¦…

Day 20 UK

Good morning all – hope you enjoy your day on planet earth and the beauty of Spring and Autumn.

Lost a bit of weight , hip hoorah

Keep going all – RESOLVE!!

Day 20 – South Africa πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦ – FD

@penz – thank you, I slept great! And I WILL have a good FD πŸ’ͺ

@snowflake56 – thanks for joining/putting me on the list. Let’s make it a good one 🎯 Enjoy your weekend getaway.

“The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new”. ~ Socrates

Day 20 UK NFD

Urgh more rain this morning, although it did brighten up yesterday lunch time and the afternoon was glorious, hoping for a repeat as have a walk in mind .

Have a good Friday all

Day 20 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 212 lbs. Naturally, trending higher than this time last week and way up over the week before, but good number this morning — lowest of the week. Should stabilize next week and head downwards before the holiday at the end of the month. I have to remember when I suddenly realize my weight is careening out of control and I slam on the brakes, it’s still going to keep skidding for a while until it stops and I can make a U-turn. I’m leaning into the curve and believe I’ll see lower figures next week. Next FD is planned for Sunday, nothing B2B next week, but will get in two, maybe three, FDs. Doing a ZBC today, and hopefully tomorrow.

Day 20 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

As I was certain, my test yesterday was a textbook example of a positive test, as was DH’s. The lovely news is that I’m truly doing better…despite doing badly, LOL. Snuffy nose, headache whenever I don’t stay on top of the meds, and hacking cough that accomplishes nothing. But I’m getting things accomplished each day, unlike DH who takes at least four naps every day and does nothing the rest of the day, poor guy.

And the lovely news is that I weighed 151 at the end of the day on Monday (after eating very little driving home) and I’ve been down a bit every morning and was 145.2 this morning, so my body has been relearning what it is to eat “reasonably.” I believe I’ll do a FD next week, as I think I’ll be up to it. 🀞

Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 20 – 16:8 CD

All going well. Running out of frozen soup/stew so I need to do some big meal cooking soon. As long as I have easy to heat healthy meals in the freezer, I find it easy to stay on track.

But I had an odd craving (strong one, too) yesterday evening- all I wanted was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (well, almond butter, but that is being pedantic). I may have to make that a treat meal soon, my mouth is watering just thinking about it. Lol there is no bread in the house, tho. Maybe I can pick up a freshly baked roll or something similar.

@stitchincarol – sending healthy vibes your way, sorry to hear that it is Covid.

@penz dogs, especially puppies/young ones, are wonderful and imo such a healthy addition to a household! Regular walks, mood enhancers, and unconditional love! Enjoy your two!

@linda.b I hope you β€˜have fun storming the castle’ at work today and the dragons are slayed!

Have a good friday and weekend all!

Day 20 – UK – NFD

Started the day with a gentle wander along the river around Calvine and Struan, near the confluence of the River Garry and the Errochty Water.
    After a coffee stop we did a brisk hike up to the Falls of Bruar, not enough water to make it impressive at the moment but worth the brief climb!
    The startling clearness of the water is particularly noticeable around this area where most lochs are peat lochs, and are therefore peaty in colour – noticeable in the photos I have taken over this past week!

Back to the house for a light lunch before a tidy up and clean and packing mostly done as we’re going out tonight for a meal then seeing a play at the local theatre “Sunshine on Leith” a lovely way to end our week in Pitlochry

Hoping to leave around 10am tomorrow – Can I manage my first FD this week on our return journey?? might have to be a FD800 but will see how it goes…..

Hope to catch up properly next week

Day 20 Ohio, US — NFD
    Day 19 — NFD

Little by little things are getting back to normal. Yesterday I attempted to do too much and was completely tired out by evening. Today things are going better. I took a ten minute walk and seemed to have tolerated that well, so will increase the amount tomorrow. Probably won’t be able to start back with my yoga practice until next week some time.

@at How was the play? Was it a local production?

@mariaelena Funny you should mention the almond butter and jelly sandwich. For the procedure I had on Monday, having learned from recent past experience with medical visits, I made up two almond butter and honey sandwiches for after the procedure. They were a life-saver! As a result of the procedure my blood pressure dropped 30 points and I think that the sugar and protein in the sandwiches is what enabled me to recover enough to drive home.

@5413 Good news on the loss! Was it on the hips?? πŸ™‚

@snowflake56 Hope you’re having a fun weekend trip!

@linda.b That’s a nice quote about change. “Change is the most important thing,” said the parking meter.:)

@stitchincarol I bet you can hardly wait for Sunday to get out of isolation! Hope your DH gets out soon also!

Day 21 UK
    Unexpected loss to 89.65 yay
    Helped by disaster dinner when I mistakenly put top of plastic olive oil bottle in blender with rear of ingredients!!. Oops . Row
    Meal ruined.
    Fed up so fasted πŸ‘

Day 21 – South Africa πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦ – NFD

Weather for ducks here. Looks like it’s going to be like this all weekend β˜”οΈ
    πŸ¦†
    @5413.5 – oops?! But an unplanned FD? Talk about a silver lining.. πŸ˜…

@stitchincarol – wishing you & DH a speedy recovery. If it’s any consolation, you’re in good company. Dr Mosley & his wife are currently recovering from Covid too:-
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-10838469/DR-MICHAEL-MOSLEY-Ive-finally-got-Covid-Im-tackling-two-surprising-remedies.html

Have a good weekend everyone ⛅️ 🌈

Day 21 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 214 lbs. Hoping to make tomorrow a FD. Today may be a ZBC (10 am already). Hoping everyone feeling under the weather makes a speedy recovery. Have a nice weekend!

Day 21 16:8 CD

Women’s clothing sizing is infuriating to me. Comfortable pants that fit my trim waistline yet are comfortable around my generous hips and thighs is crazy hard to come by. But I did find a couple of pair – I sit here in a pair of jersey pants (pretty much sweat pants without the ankle gather) and am shaking my head realizing that these are from a plus size label. Not sure how a plus size store is making pants with a 26 inch waist – that must really demoralize the plus size women who buy try them on.

Call it vanity sizing, or whatever – but my pants that fit reasonably well are in sizes ranging from size 4 to size 14. That is ridiculous, imo. I do wish I could sew. My husband doesn’t appreciate how easily he can buy pants, check his waist measurement and then choose that in the right length.

Rant over. Lol.

My anniversary is next weekend, 28 years. We got married before most of our friends, yet are one of the few couples still together. Sometimes that is a LOT of work, sometimes like right now, it is so seamlessly easy. I have to say, mostly we are very good for one another.

@matpi, glad recovery is coming along. @stitchincarol, hoping your recovery is progressing well. @5413.5 – β€˜fed up so fasted’, – whatever it takes, huh lol. @at your holiday sounds wonderful.

Wishing blue skies for those of you in the rainy weather and a good weekend to all!

Day 21 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

Weight: 144.0

I continue to improve, and DH is finally seeing signs of improvement, but I will sure miss how easy it’s been to eat/drink minimally.

@5413.5 What a funny/sad story about your accidental FD.

@funshipfreddie Interesting article about Dr. Mosely et ux. I didn’t know that sneezing was a common symptom, and as someone who rarely sneezes, it explains the fifteen or so body-wracking sneezes all in the space of about 8 minutes from two days ago. And this sentence? “I’m now racked by frequent bursts of coughing that sound like someone trying to start an old tractor on a cold winter’s morning.” I roared with laughter. Well, no, I didn’t, I don’t feel good enough to do that, and it would make me cough to do so, but silently, inside, I roared!! 🀣🀣

@mariaelena You are so right about pants not being sewn to fit women’s actual shapes. That’s one reason I keep all my old sizes, whether I’m losing weight or gaining weight: I won’t be able to find pants that fit my similar-to-you shape without hours and hours of hunting and trying on; it’s far simpler to keep those that fit the shape.

I haven’t tidied the house all week, but it’s time to do so; that will be a morale booster!

Have a grand one, everyone.

Day 21 Ohio, US — NFD

The morning’s weigh-in showed a half-pound gain this week, which isn’t bad, considering that I haven’t been able to do my usual exercise routine. I had hoped to get a fifteen minute walk in today, but the constant string of thunderstorms so far has put the cabbosh on that. Usually when it’s inclement weather I use a sitting elliptical, but am hesitant to use it over a concern of what strain it might place on my lower abdomen. I’m not supposed to lift anythng more than 10 lbs until Monday, so it looks as though exercise will take it on the chin today.

@stitchincarol Good news that you and your DH are showing signs of improvement! I hope the good progress is rapid and complete!

@mariaelena 28 years! Congratulations! That’s phenomenal! And seemingly so rare!

@funshipfreddie Thanks for the link to a really interesting article. One thing that amazes me is that apparently Dr. Mosley walks 4 or 5 miles each day. That’s about an hour’s worth of walking. I wonder how he manages to fit that in. It takes real dedication for me to fit in half an hour, and I imagine that he has many more work obligations than do I. Definitely food for thought!

Day 21 USA (Illinois) NFD

Managed a pretty good 600 calorie day yesterday in preparation for an eating indulgent week in Jamaica. Our flight is early Monday morning, so I doubt I will post again until after we are there.

@stitchincarol – big hugs and prayers πŸ™ for you and your hubs to heal quickly and fully. I have heard of lingering effects that are no fun at all.

@funshipfreddie – guess even the healthiest of doctors can get it, eh? Dr. M I think of as incredibly healthy.

@mariaelena – whew, anywhere from 4 to 14?? I think of many of my clothes as no worse than 10-16 but you are so right about how horrible sizing can be.

Onward and downward.

Day 22 UK NFD

@matpi It’s amazing how quickly it just becomes the norm , I walk at least 4 miles a day – if only I could be more disciplined in my eating habits

Have a good one all , see you on the list tomorrow x

Day 22 – South Africa πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦ – FD

Am I really the first poster today, or is my laptop playing tricks on me? πŸ‘€

Torrential rain is finally abating, but, phew?! Really hectic again with roads washed away & a lot of damaged property. Not stepping out the door today.

@matpi – I imagine that hour’s walking is spread throughout the day rather than one or two long sessions. I think 1000 steps is roughly 0.4 – 0.5 miles. It’s surprising how those steps can add up, just walking from A to B. If I feel like I’ve been sitting too much or if the weather is bad I’ll just walk on the spot for 20 – 30 minutes whilst watching something on TV to make up my steps. But maybe I’m just nuts πŸ€ͺ

Happy S🌞nday y’all!

Pocket List – Day 22 🍌
    @funshipfreddie

Day 22 UK
    Lost a bit hooray
    Just to clarify β€œoops” was British understated irony for my thorough culinary disaster!! – a ruined salsa verde. Ugh! Waste of money and time. Fortunately the bits of bottle top discovered and all thrown away. What a waste!! But the good news There was salmon fennel and tomato from the oven so all ok, and I got a FD in!!
    My Cooking improved with daal and rice last night. No accidents! And tonight braised celery fennel with new potatoes and a roast chicken.
    Anyway – keep on keepin on (and down)!

Day 22 16:8: CD

All going fine here, my weekly weigh-in is 131.5.

Re sizes, yes truly, I have pants that fit ranging in size from size 4 up to size 14. And the size 4 pants are not too small, and the size 14 not too baggy. Well, as @stitchincarol mentions – a small waist with large hips means that few of these really fit to my satisfaction. As we move into summer I wear more and more dresses and don’t notice it as much. For shorts, I generally stick with a loose sports fit in size boys XL which don’t flatter me, but sure are comfortable. @stitchincarol, I hold on to one pair of jeans/trousers in larger fitting sizes/cuts as well. Fingers crossed I never need them again.

I have been rather ruthlessly weeding out other clothes from my closet and bringing to goodwill. Some larger size tops and dresses remain in my closet because they can still look good when belted. But when adding in my mother’s considerable collection of solid color jersey shirts, I have probably donated almost 1/3 my clothing this year. I’m a keeper (not a hoarder, but I do hate to discard anything) so I have had to be firm with myself.

The pandemic/ quarantine also made me realize I had far too many clothes for β€˜just in case’ there is an occasion. A few black staples (summer dress/cold weather dress, one full skirt, one slimline skirt) can cover almost all those potential occasions so unless the fit was spectacular my β€˜dress up’ clothes all have been donated as well. And I found that those 30 yr old t-shirts that have sentimentality value, but really are decrepit – make fantastic pajama tops if I cut off the sleeves. And they make my DH smile to see again. β€˜Remember when we went to that concert or bought that T on vacation…’

As I said I’m a keeper, so what I haven’t weeded out are hats (I have more than 50, to be honest) and belts. Where friends my age have a collection of purses and shoes – I have minimal amount- just the comfortable or practical necessities. But I have hats and belts dating back to the early 80’s and earlier if I find a vintage one reasonable priced.

An odd path my musings took me this morning over coffee, and not very enlightening or particularly interesting.

But, the day threatens rain, yet is reasonably cool at the moment, so yard work is calling. Happy 🌞day to all, tho it looks like no sun here today!

Day 22 – USA/GA – FD

Well, it’s a bumpy ride, but weigh-in today was 215 lbs, just a little heavier over last Sunday. However, unlike the previous two Sundays, this one is a FD, so I look for a possible very pleasant number tomorrow. Not sure why, but all month, I’ve been dropping 5 lbs after my first FD of the week. A 4-5 lb drop tomorrow would be exciting, as I haven’t seen those numbers since the end of April/early May. Monday is up in the air and Thursday’s definitely a NFD as it’s a “retirement” lunch for one of our co-workers. She’s been working for us for 19 years, and she just turned 81 earlier this month. She would like to come back and do some volunteer work still, but I thought certainly worth celebrating her time with us!

Anyway, I’ll set today and Wednesday as definite FDs and Monday as a possibility. I’ll ZBC, then see if I can make it through to the reception early that evening for a retiree from another division. Depending on how much food and how it’s arranged, it could be an OMAD or it could be a FD.

There’s potential of seeing a goose-egg after the 2 in this week’s weigh-ins, but I’ll be happy to see the lower 210s a few times this week to know I’m heading back in the right direction. I have only hit the 200s (goose-egg) this year, and only six times between February and April. I’m ready to make a move and start working on the major milestone: getting into the 190s. I get so excited to think about the real possibility of putting down a 1 instead of a 2 in front of the three digits before the year is out! I haven’t been able to do that in over ten years.

Pocket List – Day 22 🍌
    @funshipfreddie
    @northgeorgia

Day 23, FD, Aus

day 23 pocket list
    @penz

Day 22 Ohio, US — CFD

Today was a pleasant day — no rain! Something surprising on the food front — I haven’t been very hungry today at all. So it looks as though I’ll clock in at most 1200 calories. Is this my body telling me I need a FD? Also good news, I’m up to half an hour of exercise now. Slowly things are getting back to normal.

@funshipfreddie It would be interesting to know if Dr. M uses a fitbit or something related or whether he actually dedicates a big chunk of time to walking. Before I got the elliptical, instead of walking in place, I had a step and would do four steps and up the step, then down the step and four steps back. Repeat many, many times. It was great for watching TV.

@brightonbelle Yes, you’re right. When I was a student, I’d get at least six miles in a day. It was a mile from my dorm to the classroom building and I did three round trips a day. No problem with weight with that regime!

@songbirdme Have a wonderful time in Jamaica! I have terrific memories of a trip there a while back. I loved the mopeds, but not going through customs.

Day 23 AUS FD500

Happy Monday everyone!

Thanks for the warm welcome last week. I’m still recovering from covid, which appears to have completely killed my appetite, so, yay?

Last week I did my first two FD500s, and today I stood on the scale for the first time in an age. It’s not pretty. 127lbs, which is a 15lbs more than usual. (I’m a shorty, with a very slight build, so weight sits heavily on me.)

Hopefully that will start tracking down soon – and at least I have faced reality!

Hope everyone has a good fasting week ahead.

Day 23, Germany, FD

day 23 pocket list
    @penz
    @ariel_22
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 23 UK FD
    Small gain- no worries
    Thanks πŸ™ for the support of this group
    Last full week
    RESOLVE
    Have a great day

Day 23 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Back to catching up after a fantastic trip into the Cairngorms, had a tremendous time, plenty of walks, but cut back on the much longer walks and somehow seemed to do/see more?
    Feeling rather good, so FD today and Thursday as usual and see what the scales say on Fridays weigh in.

Part of catching up, been looking at the Osprey webcam, they’ve often both been at the nest when I’ve looked in, he’s brought food in so I thing maybe hatching is about to start. She’s looking a bit ragged now and I’m guessing she hasn’t left the nest much recently.

Anyone else recently travelled, don’t worry about any post holiday/trip weight gain, just get back to a couple of FD’s a week and you’ll lose any temporary gain. I always reckon on 2 weeks holiday takes 2 weeks FD’s to get you back as long as your non FD’s are sensible!
    Don’t try and kid yourself that 2 FD’s will compensate for 5 days EFS days, be honest with yourself and get the grey matter trained, it does work πŸ˜‰

Take care all

day 23 pocket list
    @penz
    @ariel_22
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 23 – South Africa πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦ – NFD

Yay! Nailed my FD yesterday πŸ₯‡

@matpi – Dr M says he did have a fitness tracker but now he says he ditched it. I think I’ll keep mine πŸ€”
    https://www.sciencefocus.com/the-human-body/dr-michael-mosley-active-10/

Sending RESOLVE to the Monday fasters πŸ’ͺ

Pocket List – Day 23 🍏
    @penz
    @ariel_22
    @snowflake56
    @5413.5
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 23 UK FD

Right ! All this sun has lead me down the wrong track, determined to have a good one this week as head to Palermo for a 3 week trek round Sicily next week

Sending RESOLVE to the Monday fasters πŸ’ͺ

Pocket List – Day 23 🍏
    @penz
    @ariel_22
    @snowflake56
    @5413.5
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle

Day 23 – USA/GA – OMAD (?)

Weigh-in: 213 lbs. What a rip! My body has got to get with the program. Anyway, ZBC today, and likely OMAD, and possibly a FD500 or WFD. But certainly not a normal day. Next FD will be Wednesday. I feel like Mercury is in retrograde. Things are starting to go wrong and just be annoying, and not just in regards to weight loss. Grrr… hang in there everyone πŸ™‚

Well, how odd. I was just finishing up my post, and clicked on something (????), and now it’s gone. GAH.

Okay, to begin again:

Day 23 – Rural Nebraska, USA –

Weigh in: 146.0

I clearly have regained my appetite enough that I have food digesting inside me, moving the scale back up two pounds. However, I ate decently yesterday, having only reasonable quantities, and reasonable food choices, so I’m content with my behavior. Will I fast today? I don’t know; that is why I left it blank up above. I’m feeling quite resistant to the idea, but also know my body and weight would benefit from doing so.

But…

Okay, decision made. Since I’d come to the conclusion several weeks ago that I’d been too extreme with myself for too long, and that was likely why I was misbehaving SO badly on NFDs, I need to make my choices based on moderate behavior, not extreme behavior, and since I’ll certainly fast tomorrow, either WFD or 500 cal FD, I’m just going to “behave” today. It’s certainly been pleasant to just focus on good choices over the last week, so that will be my action plan for today.

DH and I both have a lingering cough, but are also getting closer and closer to feeling fine.

The final push begins today for my hymn fest on Thursday. I practiced yesterday with DS25 who’s playing trumpet; today I need to practice the three pieces that are giving me fits, and polish those phrases that keep tripping up my fingers.

So, off I go to begin my day. Have a grand one, everyone!

USA. Day 23. FD

Spring is too busy!! At least that keeps me out of the kitchen and eating! LOL

Adding myself to today’s pocket list,

Pocket List – Day 23 🍏
    @penz
    @ariel_22
    @snowflake56
    @5413.5
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco

I hope everyone is enjoying a beautiful day!

Day 23 – FD 800

Adding myself to the pocketlist and sending good vibes to all. Have a good Monday, folk!

Pocket List – Day 23 🍏
    @penz
    @ariel_22
    @snowflake56
    @5413.5
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco
    @mariaelena

Day 23 second post ….

Nothing to do with 5:2 I know some have been following, so just a bit of feel good info…

Our local Ospreys have successfully hatched 2 of 3 eggs, fingers crossed for number 3 πŸ˜‰

https://www.cumbriawildlifetrust.org.uk/wildlife/cams/osprey-cam

Day 23 – Ireland – back home – CD βœ… πŸš«πŸšΆπŸ»β€β™€οΈ

Hello all! I’m back… I had a fabulous time..are, drank and was a little merry πŸ˜‚. Walked a lot…. At least that will have helped – a little 🀏. I must post and read posts tomorrow but for the moment just checking in… was due to have a FD today but was challenged by a yum chicken sandwich πŸ₯ͺin the local deli – oops!

I do hope you are all keeping well!

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others πŸ’•

Day 24, NFD, Aus

Oh well, yesterday’s FD didn’t. Will plan on doing it tomorrow. No I won’t plan. I WILL do a FD tomorrow!!

The osprey cam link won’t work on my work computer. Will have to rely on @IHL’s descriptions (and was it @linda_b‘s as well who also watches?)

Did you say where in Oz you are, @ariel_22? I’m in Canberra – was 6 degrees when I took the dogs out for their morning walk. Brrr!

Day 23 Ohio, US — MFD

The MFD has gone according to plan and I was able to resume my usual 30 minute walk. Otherwise, it’s been a super-low energy day. Not sure what’s up. Probably will go to bed early. High point of the day was watching some baby bunnies hopping around my patio during supper. Almost like having pets without the upkeep!

@stitchincarol Good and wise choices is the definite road to improvement. Just out of curiosity — Are you able to perform on a FD? I was able to teach on my FD’s, but that is a totally different kind of stress.

@brightonbelle Three weeks in Sicily sounds heavenly!

@funshipfreddie Thanks for the link! I suppose that one way to get the three “Active 10” walks in a day is to one after each meal. That reminds me of a Chinese proverb: “1000 steps after each meal, live to be 100.”

Pocket List – Day 23 🍏
    @penz
    @ariel_22
    @snowflake56
    @5413.5
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco
    @mariaelena
    @matpi

Day 24 – Tuesday– Gold Coast Queensland Australia – NFD – MY WEIGH DAY 🌸🌻🌺🌼🌷

Helloooo everyone!

Sorry missed a few days posting as absolutely smashed with work and then of course the wedding was on Sunday. Yes, it rained! And rained. And rained. They still wanted it outside though!!!! So it was conducted downstairs UNDER the deck instead of on top of the deck as had been planned. Like a lot of outdoor weddings these days the fur-baby(dog) was part of the ceremony….. pity she (the dog) didn’t quite understand her role in all of this and took off into the garden in the rain and then came back so excited with everyone calling her, jumped on the bride’s lovely white gown before sitting down at the bride’s feet for the rest of the ceremony.πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ Everyone in happy mood though, so was forgiven and all laughed off! Very happy couple and family. Parents of both bride and groom flew in from overseas and were so happy to be here. Couple had wanted to marry in 2020, but, you know, Covid, border closures etc etc etc. Parents of bride and groom just beaming to be here and so happy the bride & groom postponed the happy event till they could come.

Good news! (no, it hasn’t stopped raining!😡😡πŸ₯΄πŸ˜΅πŸ₯΄)

The good news is, TODAY IS MY WEIGH DAY AND THE SCALE IS DOWN! 😊😊😊😊😊😊
    I had FD yesterday (sorry didn’t post but I did do it, promise).

I only have 1.3kg to go to reach my goal. Hooray! However, I only have two more FDs (Thursday & next Monday) this month for NURTURING MAY, so realistically won’t be achieving my goal this month… but I’ll be close, poco a poco, hey?πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‰

But, MORE good news, there is always June! So will RESOLVE to reach goal in June and, even better if I can, to go just another kg to give me a little ‘wriggle room’ when I transfer over to maintenance 6:1 WOL. That’s a plan 😍😍

@i-hate-lettuce – As I was away, I haven’t seen the chicks yet but I’ve been watching all morning. It was still night there (your time) when I checked in this morning (my time). She was sitting on the nest but, now the sun is coming up there, she is more awake and wriggling around a bit, so hopefully I will see a chick pop it’s head out from under soon. No sign of dad at the moment. I am enjoying watching the livecam so much, thank you for recommending it!

@stitchincarol – so good to hear you and Et Vir are recovering albeit with a cough. Sending good wishes your way for Thursday! 🀩🀩

@mariaelena – I’m so inspired by your decluttering. I’m also a keeper but the time is coming for me to clear out stuff and I’m dreading it. I find it very difficult to decide what to keep, what to donate and what to bin. I’m having a hot flush just thinking about it. Also, like so many of us, I have accumulated several sizes of everything in my wardrobe so, the question is, when I’ve reached my weight goal, am I brave enough to discard the larger sizes? Hmmm? I think this will be a July task and hope I can find the RESOVLE to address it! 😬😡πŸ₯΄πŸ€ͺ

Everyone, thanks so much for your support. I wish I could respond to each and every one of you but time does not permit today! I’m absolutely reading all your gems of wisdom and vicariously enjoying your adventures, one and all!

cheerie dearies, more tomorrow πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸ¦†πŸŒ§πŸŒ§πŸŒ§πŸŒ§β˜”β˜”β˜”β˜”β˜”

I wish it would just STOP raining!πŸ˜œπŸ˜›πŸ˜

Day 24 – lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Catching up with the garden, didn’t get anything much done between trips other than cut the grass, so loads to do this week! Todays garden plan already gone awry, was supposed to be bright and breezy, but just had a heavy shower so a quick re jig of what I’m doing!

@penz – Osprey camera is getting overloaded with people logging in, at the moment the activity seems to be the female ‘laid down low’ with wings covering chicks or if you’re lucky, male bringing in food for both female and her to feed chicks with.
    Once the chicks grow on a bit, then the fun starts as both parents are off the nest gathering food and our club trout waters get regular visitors who are not members … and on these occasions nobody minds a bit πŸ˜‰

Easy FD yesterday and I feel any over indulgence last week will easily be taken care of with Thursdays FD and being mindful on NFD’s. Funny reading about MM ditching the fitbit. Previously on holidays we’ve been keeping an eye on our ‘steps’ but the last few weeks not been bothering the same, in fact cut down on the very long walks and just the shorter walks do the same job, especially if you’re not eating as much after a shorter walk as you might after a marathon effort?

Take care all

Day 24 – South Africa πŸ‡ΏπŸ‡¦ – FD

@linda.b – nice one! So close to your target; you could still get there this month 🀞

@matpi – this is quite good too; exercise snacks. An article that shows how just a little effort can make a big difference:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-10842727/The-LITTLE-EXERCISES-long-way.html

Pocket List – Day 24 πŸ’
    @funshipfreddie

Day 24
    FD
    All was going well until my tuna pasta bake was SO tasty I had 1 no 2 no 3 helpings. So will retry today I mean RESOLVE
    Portion size and self restraint is so difficult !!
    Planning is crucial for what I eat. Making lasagna tonight- I will Have 1 portion!
    It’s also annoying having to be so focused on food !
    Osprey camera sounds amazing !

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 396 total)

You must be logged in to reply.